[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Has /k/ ever had this happen to them?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 20
File: 1452653839949.jpg (43 KB, 423x477) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452653839949.jpg
43 KB, 423x477
Has /k/ ever had this happen to them?

>today at noguns friend's house
>his other noguns friends are there when I get there
>friend knows I own guns and he doesn't say anything, but I know he's anti-gun from some comments he's made in the past
>30 minutes in
>Sitting around his living room chilling and talking about shit
>All of a sudden I hear "Hey you know anon here has a whole pile of guns in his house! We could take over the state capital ha ha"
>A few laughs at his joke but then the room goes silent
>Everyone casts their eyes away from me
>Gtfo of there half an hour later
Jesus that was garbage. Why the fuck do people do shit like that?
>>
Not a story but my best friend and his family are British. Long story short, he was anti as fuck and I converted him. He loves sigs, and bought a P229R years ago when he lived with his folks. When he decided to tell them about it and show them how it was safe, they spent the next few weeks saying shit like, "don't piss Mike off, he'll start shooting!"

Goddamn britcucks.
>>
>>28602772
It's because your friends are faggots, anon
>>
>>28602772
>...So do you guys wana do it? I can take you out shooting next week in preparation.
>Shit, that sounds fun.
>>
>>28602772
>>Gtfo of there half an hour later
>not telling them it's an awesome sport and good way to invest money
>not inviting them to the range and teaching them the finer things in life and their rights
You know why I know how you're socially awkward? Everyone who ends up knowing I know I have a gun by accident ends up learning about guns or respecting my point of view.
>>
>>28602786
>"don't piss Mike off
Shouldn't this be the normal way of life even if people did not have guns?
>>
>>28602772

Stop spending time with this person

Not only are they a hoplophobic shit, but they divulged sensitive personal information to strangers
>>
>>28602772
Ive never had this happen but I kinda know what you mean
I don't really like being "that gun guy". I wish I could hide my power level better but I can't help myself at times.

Maybe what I should do is start dressing like a hipster and getting into really faggy music so people think I'm a liberal hipster.
It would be kinda amusing to make people suspect someone like me wouldn't own guns.
>>
>>28602849
How is owning guns sensitive personal information? If anything, doing that further reinforces that anti-gunner that gun owners are socially retarded people who shouldn't have guns. It's not like he told his boss and shit.
>>
>it's a fun sport and I love the mechanics involved in them. it's just like how when I work with my car or do carpentry. it's very "zen" you know.
>>
>>28602837

They just wanted to make a shitty joke.

Oh also, he has an older brother who is a pilot. He has guns and took their dad to go shoot shotguns at shit in a field one day. His dad shot one round, said his shoulder hurt, and then left.
>>
>>28602866
>letting your frail old man shoot 12g
That's why 20g and 410 exist.
>>
If someone ever tells some stupid joke like that, you always have to make a nice funny joke back. Then again, /k/ sucks at funny jokes in a mainstream setting.
>>
>>28602864
who are you quoting
>>
>>28602922
Quoting without source is a fun sport and I love the social mechanics involved in them. it's just like how when I work with my car or do carpentry. it's very "zen" you know.
>>
>>28602852
>Maybe what I should do is start dressing like a hipster and getting into really faggy music so people think I'm a liberal hipster.
Coat yourself in pony merch. The ultimate hipster camouflage.
>>
>>28602939
Maybe I should just start wearing anime shirts and attending magic the gathering tournaments

Or for easy power level camoflouge I could just tell people I'm into airsoft?
Idk but power level camo seems like the only camoflouge /k/ can't really help me with
>>
>>28602965
>Power level camo,
Tell everyone you are a feminist.
>>
File: 1408235209017.gif (102 KB, 450x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408235209017.gif
102 KB, 450x450
>>28602974
Yeah thats what I was going for with the "hipster" persona

w-why can't we just be ourselves though anons?
>>
>>28602965
Tell them you are a cofounder of momsdemandeaction
>>
>>28602772
Anti-gun faggots are not your friends.

Meet cooler people.
>>
>>28602884
Jesus the day I', too frail to shoot a 12 gauge is the day I go innawoods and never return
>>
>>28603062
Is that really true though?
You can't have liberal friends?
>>
File: CYELiDPUQAA0MSG.jpg (47 KB, 600x469) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CYELiDPUQAA0MSG.jpg
47 KB, 600x469
>>28603092
>You can't have liberal friends?

You should never get too close to someone liberal. It's dangerous to have someone whose judgments you can't trust or know they'd pick propaganda over you
>>
>>28603114
but going to college everyone is liberal
Isn't it better to have some friends that are liberal than no friends at all?
>>
>>28603142
no
>>
File: 1450410177442.jpg (28 KB, 375x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450410177442.jpg
28 KB, 375x500
>>28602965
>>28602986
And what the fucking shit balls is hipster about mtg?

>cross boards from /b/ to /k/
>cant stop the need tovknow more
>2 months later i bought a pistol
>2 weeks later i bought a reloading kit
>3 weeks later i bought an sks
>go to work, try not to talk about guns to no guns co-workers
>"what did you do today anon?"
>priced x, looked into terminal ballistics of x, trying to get my cpr for reloading down, thinking about my trigger pull, talk about guns i want.
>suddenly i look like the type of guy who shoots up places.
Fuck
>next week rolls round
>EVERYBODY is talking about guns
>people ask me shit about guns
>i dont know much about alot, but a little about a few things, so they eventually stop.
>Nobody thinks im a weirdo.
GG
>>
Brotip. When people do shit like that over the fact that you have guns, try to recognize the fact that a good amount of their dumbassery is just ignorance and fear of that which they do not understand. So do yourself a favor and don't confirm their biases by sperging. Be social. Talk about shooting, why you like guns. Be a normal goddamn human being.
>>
>>28603142
/k/ are your friends anon
>>
>>28603159
>Be a normal goddamn human being.
Am I being detained?!
>>
>Own guns
>A bunch of my friends are anti-gun

Unless it's in a zombie survival situation, in which they all become as pro gun as possible.
>>
>>28603159
THIS. 100% this. You don't just "le walk away" and sulk. This is YOUR hobby. This is part of YOUR life. Why should a person be ashamed of something that at least 41 to 43% of the United States has, as of the latest Gallup polls in the last quarter of 2015.
>>
File: 23626_photo.jpg (95 KB, 378x538) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
23626_photo.jpg
95 KB, 378x538
>>28603154
I dont really think people think Im gonna shoot the place up
But I feel like when people ask me about my gun hobby they are more humoring me and pretending to care like im a special needs child
>whats your favorite color anon?
>ohhhh wooow
Kinda how it feels

Plus I've always had respect for people that dont sperg out about guns all the time and hide their power-level really well. I wanna be someone like that
>>
>>28603179

This is what my Dad does to me

He's a California city boy living in the Midwest, and you can definitely tell

He once told me that he was surprised that I didn't drive a truck and listen to country music, since that's what "weapon people" do


Lol
>>
>>28603197
>weapon people
Your dad has good naming sense. That could work as a great name for either an LGS, an internet-based gun/knife/ammo shop, or, a gunsmith service. I mean, it's a heck of a lot better than the cheesy names.
>>
File: 1421563543636.jpg (34 KB, 400x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421563543636.jpg
34 KB, 400x640
>>28603197
Its the same fucking thing when I used to be an insufferable metalhead
>anon would love that skull thing he's into metal \m/
>anon looks like hes about to kill someone so br00t4l

I mean I've brought it on myself by revealing my powerlevel but peopel projecting onto you and your hobby is fucking irritating and I don't think its unreasonable to feel this way.
>>
>>28603210
It's almost a TV show idea, you know.
WEAPON PEOPLE
Reality television show about a couple of LGS owners in a pawn/gun shop talking about guns and the history of guns and how they work.
>>
>>28603219
People project onto you because they're emotionally weak and/or ignorant. The best thing you can do is teach people in a polite and respectful manner.
>>
And you fucking took it, like a beta, from a fellow beta

fuck you, you deserve it if you can't stand up for yourself
>>
>>28603227
Sometimes you can't beat em' anon
Sometimes you gotta join em'
>>
>>28602786
Good on you man. I see way to many stories on this board where neckbeards get super defensive against the nogunz.

When you encounter someone like this, take them to the range. Let them shoot a .22. Something about the smell of gunpowder makes logic seep into their skulls
>>
>>28603210
Did you guys see that Ares Armory changed their name to something retarded like American Weapons Company? I cant imagine why somebody would give up the name recognition they had before.
>>
>Working through collage, fees going up, have to find roommates
>2 "friends", both noguns, seem cool
>My guns never mentioned, my trips to the range never talked about - I mind my own business
>About a month in come home to a party - IDGAF about that - dead tired after work so I sleep through most.
>Except 5 or 6 people in my room. Roommates and their close friends. I never gave them my key, I never told them they could come in.
>Gathered round my safe, someone is trying to pick it. Haven't seen me yet - everyone is pretty much silent and focused on the safe.
>Ask them what the fuck they think they are doing.
>"We wanted to see your guns ANON"
>Try to keep my cool, ask them why the fuck they think breaking into a room and trying to break into a safe with deadly weapons while drunk is ok, fail badly.
>"Relax, it's cool, now show us your guns"
>Tell them no
>They stand awkwardly around in my room, silence while I wait for them to leave.
>"Please anon"
>"No, get the hell out of my room"
>Really fucking creeped out by it all, give them notice, get my safe bolted to the wall and floor too.
>>
>>28602905
"Haha yeah I'll shoot you if you ever come onto my property"
>>
>>28602772
Because you hang out with social retards
>>
>>28603092
I'm learning more and more that you cannot.

I have liberal "friends" and no matter how much logic you use to explain that:
>guns are fine
>capitalism is good
>individual rights are more important than collectivism
they will still vote to disarm you, vote to make you pay taxes out the ass, vote to make you fund social programs that you're not even eligible for etc.

They don't listen to reason, they're a lost cause.

>>28603142
We are your friends, /k/omrade. Go to a range and make friends outside of your little libcuck hugbox school. I managed to get through without interacting with the SJWs and hipsters I attended with (apart from projects etc.)
>>
>>28602922
>immanewfagbutdonttellanyone

There you go
>>
>>28603318
Because everyone knows the company is shit now that Bryce has his talons on it, he's hoping a new name will trick people into thinking they're not buying from a stolen valor statist cuck.

I can't wait until Based Dimitri can get back into the business.
>>
File: side eyeing chloe.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
side eyeing chloe.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>28602905
>you better tell a good joke, or you'll be ostracized
>>
>>28603219
i think he's just fucking with you

if i had a son that was into something id give him shit cause the little shit needs to learn to not take everything so seriously
>>
>>28602866
What a fucking fagot
>>
>>28603518
WOW if this really happened. Holy shit how did that not drive you mad? why would you not move out immediately? I would have been packed up and gone the very next day if some shit like that happened to me.
>>
>>28602854
A lot of people consider them owning guns to be personal because, like homosexuality, firearms are a contentious point in the U.S. and most folks would rather avoid the trouble. In addition, the more folks who know you own guns, the more likely someone might try to steal them.
>>
>>28602852 Become a furfag. It's the only way.
>>
I'm not sure if this is the best way to handle these situations but I usually just ask "why would you say something like that?" anytime someone suggests that my guns can be used to evil.
>>
>>28603114
This is so true, I'm no guns atm but getting really intrested in them doing research before getting one(also won a really nice one a few days ago on gunbroker, and also a shitty SNS, even had a ffl set up if I won but got snaked the last second) and not being a dumbass about it and rushing into it but showing interest and taking time gaining knowledge I'm getting shit for it, even from my own brother who has shot guns while I sadly haven't. And even technically owns a S&W 639 but has our dad keep it for him and my dad owns 6 or so guns and a still boxed AR-15 isn't being that helpful either(kinda gave up on them) only person I'm getting somewhat surport is a heavy lib no guns longtime friend of mine and my brother but was in turkey working on planes for the airforce and likes guns and military stuff but wouldn't want too own any himself(depressive)
>>
>>28602772
You have shitty friends, dude
>>
>>28602796
>>28602827

This and this, OP. Why didn't you try to turn them out?
>>
>>28602796
More or less this
Always offer to take new shooters out. Say ammo/range time is expensive and you'd appreciate if they pitched in
>>
>>28603810
I didn't know any of them except the one friend. The topic changed like 30 seconds later so it wouldn't have been worth making a fuss over anyway. I talked to him after about it though, told him why it's not ok to do something like that with guns, or in general.
>>
>>28603800
Greentext your stories newfag
your text is a mess
>>
>>28603179
honestly I can see why they're concerned, I bet that most attention whoring trip users are pretty likely to shoot places up
>>
>>28603518
just flex your arms next time that happens
>>
I go to a small, private liberal arts college in Florida and all of my friends knew/assumedI have guns because I'm a veteranfag. Until very recently I haven't spoken out firearms in person or social media (ATF41p was the point to where I started to vocalize) and being progun hasn't been a major point of contention for me. I've even taken a few of my friends from communist shitholes like Bongland and MA shooting, and they've ended up loving it. That doesn't mean they're going to go out a buy a Glock later that day, but if you're not a spaz, it's easy to convince people guns are fun simply because guns are fucking fun.

HOWEVER, there will always be those that're beyond saving. Some people are so entrenched in their own solipsistic view of the world, that they simply cannot tolerate the notion of an adult being responsible for their own protection. OP, if your friends are like this, then they are not good friends. If not, then should be at least be willing to try shooting with you, and that's when you educate them. I've only met one person that shot my AR for the first time and didn't love it, but she's dating my best friend and is probably a lost cause anyway because she's a berniefag
>>
All I say if people ask me "why": it's something I enjoy doing, I don't hunt, I just enjoy going to the range. I really like the mental aspect of it, it teaches you concentration, discipline, and how to better control your body."

Every time I've put it in these terms (which are mostly true) people are very receptive. Just frame it like an oddball hobby. But, I also live in tx where not too many people like this exist
>>
>>28603221
>Hello guys, Ian here for another episode of...
>>
>>28603800
Jesus Christmas, what are you, 14? Learn to write.
>>
>>28603620
No. If they haven't learned that lesson by the time they can legally drive and own firearms then you have failed as a parent.
>>
>>28603518
How's that collage going?
>>
Lol you made the situation bad for yourself.

You have to embrace the shitty little things stupid people say. Learn them, manipulate them. You could have went with the joke, or turned the joke on your friend. "Hey we can use your stack of Dragon dildos as sidearms". But instead of embracing it you alienated yourself by ignoring it. People are generally stupid and like to think of themselves as intuitive. "Did you see how nervous anon got" "Maybe he is planning something like that" "gun nuts are gross and nuts"

If you embraced it, it would be a "coming out" of sorts and could have been an opportunity to sway weak minded people twards a positive opinion on guns/gun owners.

I read this board almost daily. I really doubt /k/ has the mental/social capacity needed to win.

What we see as normal, others view as crazy. We can only win if we normalize guns. We can't do that if our side is a bunch of antisocial autists.
>>
>>28604136
He included you in the joke. If I understand social interactions, I think that they fell silent because they were awaiting your "come back". When you failed to deliver and ran off you proved yourself an outlier.

Of course it probably wasn't that bad. The only reason your upset about it is because you made yourself upset about it. They probably forgot 5 min after you left.

Also there used to be a time when you could just assume everyone owned a gun and you weren't usually wrong and it almost never mattered. I want that again.

To everyone on /k/.
>get your shit together. We need to win. Gun rights are under attack, and hiding our passion isn't going to help.
>>
I've given up hiding my power level. People at work know me as the gun and outdoors dude, and I'm happier for it. Coworkers and friends have come to me to learn how to into guns and my general likeable attitude and moderate political outlook disarms people who want to make me the butt of a joke.
>>
>>28602772
>OP betas out instead of saying something alpha like "don't even joke about that shit n-no homo"
>>
>>28602866
So it's an entire family of bitchy ladyballed faggots?
>>
>>28602854
This guy has it. It's not sensitive information. Just proves people on both sides can be whiny bitches.
> anon owns a car
> shhhhh don't tell them someone might steal it.
>>28603775
I find it interesting you bring up homosexuality. Some people like privacy in their lives sure, but you loose that privacy when you tell someone and don't explicitly say "don't tell anyone".

If every homosexual ever just hid in the closet 2 things for sure would have happened.
A: dry dick syndrome for alot of people
B: gays would have no rights, and probably be persecuted by the state.

B would be true because at that point the only opinion being shared is the opinion against it, when that happens non-Christians and non-gays only see one side of the issue.

> most folks would rather avoid the problem.

This is true and I fucking hate it. God do I fucking hate it. People need to understand these rights given to us by the constitution. Are not given by the constitution. They are natural rights recognized in the constitution. And people want to take them away.

Inaction for one side is action for the other.

You can hardly ever "win" an argument with someone. However you can put doubt in their minds, hurt their resolve and hopefully others we're listening on what was being said.
>>
>>28604514
As an example; someone I know tangentially "outed" me at a party I went to;

>"Yeah anon likes guns, so don't mess with him, haha"
>"Is it true anon?"
>"Sure. I own a few. I've shot a ton of them."
>"but why? Guns kill people!"
>"Same reason I like fast cars, cause they're fun."
>"I could never own a gun, they're to dangerous, I'd accidentally kill my self."
>"nah. I can teach anyone that isn't a total retard how to safely handle a gun in about fifteen minutes."
>Proceed to steal the spotlight and explain the safety rules, and talk about guns I've fired.
>Random dude pipes up about owning guns himself, suddenly people are making real talks about buying guns, going to the range.
>Continue drinking beer and chatting people up as they ask me about guns and outdoorsy shit.
>>
>>28604667
That's how you handle the situation.
>>
>>28604667
This.

You. I like you. Keep up the good fight.
>>
>>28603528
Female friend tells me she knows where to go during the happening
>sure, you'd make a great sex slave

Problem solved no more friend
>>
>>28602772
>be me
>be German immigrant in Texas
>people ask why I feel the need to own an AR or carry a pistol etc
>explain that my home country murdered its own citizens and it can happen here as well
>lolnoitcant
>if they're right wing I say look at Waco
>if they're left wing I say look at the black dindus killed all he time
>if they're libertarian they ask when were going to shoot together
>>
>>28604073
Can't you read? He said prices were going up, must be some pretty expensive/rare materials.
>>
>>28603528
Kek
>>
>>28603549
Wow, you predicted my reply to you.
>>
>>28604784
This guy has almost got it. Almost. Still coming off as a nut.
>>
>>28602772
I don't hold it against people who are anti-gun unless they look down on me for being pro-gun. I own 2 guns - 1911 and a ar15 (looking at buying a keltec KSG shotty soon, that fucker is sexy), and I usually convert people after taking them to the range.
>>
>>28604840
Most anti gun people do in fact look down on you. Your dealing with the morally superior crowd not the morally right crowd.
>>
The secret is to pique their curiosity. Be relatable, kind, frank, and unabashed. Make it socially difficult to write you off as a nutter.
>>
>>28603068
Word up my G, hurr hurr
>>
>>28603068
Keep the hood safe h
>>
>work for alternate energy company in California
>Entire office is into guns
>talk about ccw, latest buys, and shooting trips
>all go shooting together
>>
>>28603547
>vote to make you fund social programs that you're not even eligible for etc.
Yeah, because a social program is only a good idea if you personally get something out of it.

Selfish faggots like you are king-tier niggers.
>>
>>28603800
>greentext
Or commas
>>
>>28602772
This happened to my bro one time. I saved him by saying "that's awesome, I want to try shooting" and everyone followed suit.
>>
>>28604984
Energy companies are almost all pro gun, can confirm.
>>
>>28603172
kek
>>
>>28603528

Lost
>>
>>28603518

This greetext is extremely unsettling. Please elaborate anon.
>>
File: 1447654552877.gif (138 KB, 185x224) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447654552877.gif
138 KB, 185x224
>>28603518
Mad
>>
>Be back in high school
>Stuck in fucking spic-infested shithole Del Rio because "lol AF dependent"
>Damn rattler decides to go for a stroll in mother's flower beds
>Retrieve M6 Scout with dad and take turns shooting .410 shells at its head until snek finally goes to Valhalla
>Go to school next day
>Mention to buddy how we had to shoot a rattlesnake and damn Scout wasn't doing shit
>Taco niggers in hallway overhear "shoot" and start flipping shit
>Eeeeeey Puto what ya wanna shoot us all for gringo estupido loco you all the same raciss
>Ignore them and walk into class
>"Mees Mees Anon got a GUN he gonna shoot us all [unintelligible disgusting spic talk]
>"Do ya wanna shoot us all cause I fucked your mom last night gringo?"
>Taco mongrel teachers all think its funny as shit
>White teachers tell them to shut up but give me filthy looks cause clearly I look like "one of those guys."

Fuck spics and fuck Del Rio
>>
File: nosir.jpg (111 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nosir.jpg
111 KB, 1024x768
>>28603518
>>
>>28602772
Maybe it's time to find new friends bud.
>>
File: 1393441641052.png (287 KB, 630x408) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393441641052.png
287 KB, 630x408
>>28602772
Had something like that happen

>Arrive in class early because it's first day of it
>I am pro gun just don't had any funs back then
>Taking a law enforcement type class
>Talk to classmate and what not because I found out he was a /k/ommando because of what was on his laptop
>Talk to him and ask him what he owns and shit
>Dude was surprise I was able to determine he had funs
>Explain it to him his laptop is a dead giveaway since I can see /k/ in one of his tabs
>Talk about funs
>Get into a debate about CZs vs Glocks
>/k/bro is very chill and what not
>A whale with a bad dye job stumbles into the classroom
>It hasn't even been several minute
>Whale is already losing her fucking top
>Going full blah blah on why guns are bad
>Look at her like a fucking idiot because everything she has spout is retarded
>Even the other /k/ommando is like wtf
>Professor arrives
>Chick finally shuts the fuck up
>Professor does the hole syllabus reading then proceeds to ask us why we are taking this class and what we want to do
>Everyone says they want to be either a lawyer, cop, or fed
>Except for the whale
>Whale wants to be a fucking home interior decorator
>Have trouble trying to hold my fucking laughter
>Someone finally drops it
>Asks her why the fuck would you take a class centered around policing if whale goal is to insert nasty shit on the walls for a fee
>Talks about every liberal bullshit phrase from police brutality and banning the funs
>Crickets
>Whale decides to use me and other /k/ommando as a way to exert her fuckery
>Points out that both of us were talking about guns
>Tries to challenge us on our belief
>Asks the class if they have guns or not
>Majority of the fucking class raise their hand to yes they own guns
>Including none other
>The professor
>Whale is like a deer in front of headlights
>2 weeks later
>Whale vanishes from the class assuming the Jap 101 class harpooned her for "biological study"
>Class was so much fucking fun
>>
>>28602772
>We could take over the state capital ha ha
>You couldn't take over a kindergarten
>>
>>28605685
>Whale vanishes from the class assuming the Jap 101 class harpooned her for "biological study"
wewlad
>>
>>28605740
You cant wewlad that shit, it was pretty funny. Good job anon.
>>
>>28602772
lol you sound like an insecure beta that can't take a joke
>>
>>28606369
lol just like your own mother
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sensiblechuckle.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>28605685
7/10
>>
>Be 18
>Gf 19
>Bored as shit one saturday
>Decide to take her on a date to go shooting the 10/22
>Take her to the shitty range down the street that only allows up to .22
>One guy there who is super coold
>Didn't know the range fees so went back to get cash
>End up grabbing too little cash, but he was going to leave if no one showed up so he let us shoot for less
>End up showing my girl the safety and how the gun works
>Blast some paper targets
>She's having hella fun
>Shoot about 200 rds
>She's a bad shot but fuck it whatever
>Go home and fuck
>She wants a gun now really bad

feels good mayne
>>
>>28602931
Quoting with source is a fun sport and I love the social mechanics involved in them. it's just like how when I work with my car or do carpentry. it's very "zen" you know.
>>
>>28604784
Sehr gut, meine Freund. Sehr gut.
>>
>>28606471
If this happened, this is how it's supposed to happen. Good job
>>
>>28603154
>job interview at tech company
>ya-da you seem great
>can you pass a background check?
Of course, i just bought a gun yesterday i'm good
>OH FUCK
in my head, "oh fuck"
>pistol? rifle? fuck yea got a new range buddy
totally got that job, sucks they went bankrupt after MS sued them for pirated MS products (which was that companies bread and butter setting up sharepoint and windows servers)
>>
>>28606471
>cant get my gf to shoot with me
>literally not because no-guns
>her mum shoots, her dad shoots
>loud noises scare her
>afraid shes going to drop my gun and i get mad


JUST LET ME FUCKING SHOOT WITH YOU GOD DAMNIT
>>
>>28602772
It's a shame you don't have more whit op.
Your "friends" handed you the stage you could have said something like:
>you should try, you're foolish enough to think it a good idea
>state capital? I'll take over the world!
>Interesting, why don't you like the state capital? I voted for those guys.
Instead you m made it awkward and didn't get any pussy.
>>
>>28607229
I dated a girl who would only shoot with her dad, their tradition for father daughter time.
I dumped her ass, nice ass though. Psycho bitch but nice ass.
>>
>>28604705
go back to imgur u fag
>>
>>28605685
>nofuns
>arguing about glock vs cz

Good to know that noguns faggots argue about which guns they don't own is better.
>>
>>28607492
she's never shot, wants to, but fucking wont

she confusingly not crazy, and after dating a few legit went to the loony bin crazys, its really strange how stable she is.

but fucking afraid of loud noises

i think it might have something to do with her ex, apparently he beat her, which explains her fear of me getting mad over her dropping my handgun or rifle because they're my "expensive toys".

Except the fact she doesnt understand you can fucking drop my P64 or AK, thats what it's made for. (ak $400, traded $100 mosin for p64)

how do i get someone over the fear of loud noises so i can fucking shoot with my gf?
>>
>day before thanksgiving
>college cafeteria closes early
>go get a sandwich at Jimmy John's nearby
>find out buddy works there
>says to his coworker "dude this guy has so many guns"

fucking really
>>
>>28605025
Seconded.
>>
>>28607577
Get her good earpro and use a. 22lr

Or use it as an excuse to get a suppressor.

Suppressor + subsonic. 22lr out of a bolt action = lowest point of entry for guns in regard to being scary.

Or just show her that you genuinely couldn't give a shit if she dropped your guns. Mosin javelin should illustrate it.
>>
>>28607678
>Suppressor + subsonic. 22lr

What's the point?

>out of a bolt action

I've never understood why a bolt action is quieter than a semi, but it's true.
>>
>>28607555
you sound like you're projecting, glocks are clearly better.
>>
>>28607678
nah nah i like your thinking, totally a fucking reason to buy a suppressor now.

those oil filter suppressors worth it?
I've heard you have to send cans back to be washed after like 500rnds.

That's a day at the range.
>>
>>28607713
no bolt clacking back and forth
>>
>>28607577
beat the shit out of her until she shoots?
>>
>>28607743

>beat the shit out of her
>immediately hand her a gun

4chan pls
>>
>>28602772
I'm just open and honest about it to the people who I trust to be decent about it, kinda like how I'm gay. Then I have better friends than the type who kill chill vibes with shit that doesn't actually affect them.
>>
>>28607720
It depends, a lot of them are designed for user-servicability. Ruger's new one has replaceable snap-together baffles.
>>
>be 19
>gf 20
>go to range with my buddy and she tags along
>Let her shoot friends AR and shotty
>She then shoot glorious rusky sks
>enjoyed the fireballs since it was getting dark
>get back home she asks when we ar going again
>mfw I fucked her twice as hard
>>
Stories like these make me scared to shoot.

I'm a loser with no friends and poor social skills and I don't want people thinking I'm going to shoot up a school.
>>
>>28607765
that's why you hand her the gun unloaded and when she aims it at you and pulls the trigger she failed the exorcise and gets beat more.
>>
>>28607852
Trust me, gun owner or not people probably already expect it.
>>
>>28607852

That's the way to live, let everyone's false perceptions guide you

Never seek your own version of happiness
>>
>>28603154
Are you me?
>>
>>28607871
I know, which is why I try to never talk about guns or seem interested in weapons or anything like that.

>>28607882
I wish I wasn't self aware but I am and there isn't much I can do about it.
>>
>>28603528
damn it, it was dumb and shit and would get you that "wtf" stare

but i still fuckin laughed
>>
>>28607906
fuck what other people think. do what you love.
>>
>>28603518
Have heard at least two other similar stories. Both times guns were stolen by roommates or their company. You were lucky, anon.
>>
>>28607906

I'm self-aware and don't care if people feel bad because I exercise my rights, because I'm a reasonable and level-headed man who would only shoot in self-defense. Only people I've met that think less of me because of my guns and views are people who can't believe anyone lives their lives differently than them. Not people worth keeping around.
>>
>>28607906
The fewer shits you give, the better you can live. You are your own worst enemy and greatest obstacle in this case. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you will be able to grab hold of life and wrestle it with a smile. And people will look on in awe, and you will pay their awe no mind, because you have no need for it.
>>
File: deliciouscake.gif (354 KB, 500x279) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
deliciouscake.gif
354 KB, 500x279
>>28603745
It was my apartment, had to get everything in order legally before kicking them out.

>>28603860
Not happening

>>28604073
Well fuck, swipe typing making things shittier than they should be. Pic related - it should have looked like that.

>>28605213
Once I told them they had a month to move out they got awkward, avoiding me, silence when I walked in etc. I didn't really give much of a fuck, it was just a shame because they seemed good friends before.
Was really worried they would do some wierd shit before they left, switched/cut shifts, installed webcam security, considered leaving everything non rimfire at an LGS till they left but decided against it.

Yeah not much of a good story, epic ending etc - just pretty creepy and awkward.
>>
>>28606471
You told this before, the range was like a private club and there was an entrance and lane fee. K is now reruns
>>
>>28607982
why the fuck would they be surprised by this, they tried to break into your safe for fucks sake, I know some people don't get boundaries sometimes but what the fuck.
>>
>>28607982
that's wild i don't have a single friend that's anti gun i cant imagine something like that happening i'd have lost my fucking mind.
>>
>>28608074
Because there was absolutely no warning - my stuff was never taken, food never "borrowed", hell there was over 10k of film/camera gear by my desk and it wasn't even touched - they were going straight for the guns. These were straight A college kids - more of the study hard then party hard type. I still have no idea what the fuck they were thinking.
>>
>>28602772
Can someone explain the meme? Would a nerd really care if some guy was going to drink a lot of "beer"?
>>
>>28607555
It was more like personal preference and what not. Dude was a heavy Glock fan and was persuading me to get it but, didn't like the fact of a polymer mix gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 450x280) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 450x280
>oh anon you play the guitar, maybe you'll be like Jimmie Hendrix
>>
>>28605120
Solar?

I've not bought into the solar green koolaid. But for a bunch of green koolaid drinkers, they're pretty progun
>>
>>28602772

My friends and family always say that i should come protect them during the apocalypse.

I laugh and smile but they have no idea how hard it is to fortify a house.

Especially in the USA.
>>
>>28608810
learn how to use bricks you dumb fucking yank
Seriously though I reckon climate change will hit the US and your cardboard houses especially hard.
>>
>>28603547
Yo liberal here . Capitalism is good, but we currently don't have capitalism but corporate sponsorship. Gun situation meh my main issue is with the fact that we have a large weapons black market and keeping hand guns out of gangs. Other wise it's mainly a mental health issue. As for individual right vs group that's a loaded question a single person can easily trample many other people's individual rights.
>>
>>28603775
Fun fact. There is a gay pride group that supports gun owner ship they said the best way to stop a hate crime is to kill the hater lol
>>
>>28608801
Nah, I work green and brown sites. Wind, solar, coal, oil, nuke.
>>
>>28607717
Shit grip shape
High bore axis
Shit sights
No decocker or safety option.
Sponge trigger
Meme gun
Overpriced
>>
>>28608938

Was more referring to personal testimonies from European / middle east conflicts where civilians were holed up in war zones. Like Bosnia or Kosovo.

Even your clay and dung European houses weren't safe.
>>
>>28602772

Liberal retards don't understand that guns are very private and shouldn't be talked about openly. Had same thing happen to me.
>>
>>28604167

You are clueless. It's not about the joke. It's about revealing that information without permission.
>>
>>28607577

More and more earpro

Make her into Helen Keller
>>
>>28604984

solyndra pls
>>
File: meeting ajourned.jpg (97 KB, 520x407) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
meeting ajourned.jpg
97 KB, 520x407
>>28603114
ahem, what happened to keep your friends close and enemies closer? You can at least learn their delusional viewpoint and then be better prepared to dismantle it at every turn.
>>
File: cant explain that.jpg (166 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cant explain that.jpg
166 KB, 1280x960
>>28608938
Miami will be underwater in 25-30 years and banks are no longer offering mortgages of that length because they are aware of the rising water level thanks to Al Gore and his manbearpig myths.
>>
Why are all of you niggers so autistic?
>Own guns, go shooting
>Keep it to yourself because you aren't a female who needs her actions validated
???
>>
>>28605685
I fucking love that pic is there more?
>>
The mother of one of my close friends (very liberal) always has to bring up my ownership of firearms in any given conversation. The other night, I was talking about how well my babysitting job was going and she jumps in the conversation with "DO YOU TELL THE FAMILIES YOU BABYSIT ABOUT YOUR GUN COLLECTION???"
>>
>>28610527
Sounds like she just wishes she could buy one to shoot people.
>>
>>28610565
She's normally a pleasant woman with her own politics, but when it comes to firearms, she's very much on the dem party line.
>>
>saw this thread
>thought, maybe I can text gf and see if I can sway her some
>text her asking if she would be willing to go to range with me again
>nope
>"tell her it's something fun to do"
>she replied with "fun to you, not me"
>try to get more info out of her about her dislike
>"I. Just. Don't. Like. Them."

What do I do. I know she thinks they are dangerous and can kill anyone at any moment. What can I use to lube her up to liking guns?
>>
>>28610953
Dump her she will probably get raped because she is too dumb to carry/defend herself
>>
>>28610953
Pay a friend to put a scare into her. Like a mock break in at her house. Better yet get blanks for your CC and work being a hero into it.
>>
>>28611006
This.

And then a mock rape.

And make your friend pay you to cut the phone lines and leave the door unlocked.
>>
>>28610953
time my nigga, time.
rome was not built in a day.
you can't just simply 1a2a3a into the vajay.
>>
>>28611033
I've thought about that, but Idk if I can do the acting for it, and she probably would end up calling cops and I don't want to have to get into that lol.
>>
>>28603781
Nope, many furfags are pro gun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKt_f0dMCAA
>>
>>28602772
>Why the fuck do people do shit like that?

because they're not your friends

Who the fuck tells other people you possess guns in the first place?

OP is undisciplined
>>
>>28611369
That poor gun...
>>
>>28602772
>"Hey you know anon here has a whole pile of guns in his house! We could take over the state capital ha ha"

>Why the fuck do people do shit like that?

Did you confront him on the issue? Cause if he did that, that is a real dick move.
>>
File: 1391255554101.gif (442 KB, 441x270) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1391255554101.gif
442 KB, 441x270
>Have no friends
>Nobody ever enters my apartment
>No contact with family
>/k/ is the only people who even know I'm interested in guns
>Only leave the house to go to the range

I'm winning
>>
>>28611006
>>28611033
>>28611354
Literally sociopath tier, please don't actually do this.
>>
>be Asian in school
>shot shit with a shotgun, don't remember what model, with other Asian friend
>fucking put picture of us shooting for a "what we did over vacation" project
>nobody blinked an eye or called us school shooters
>we were still just the Asians who liked anime, vidya and Star Wars
>nobody cared at all
Am I just unnoticeable? Is this what being a gray man feels like?
>>
>>28612020
Was this pre-Cho?
>>
>>28612062
Yeah, middle school. Definitely before Virginia Tech.
>>
>>28603142

Try the professors and Dr.s.

Seriously, every one of the staff in the CS and IS department was into guns or something else cool. And they were much more useful to know than the other students.
>>
>>28602772
>work at medical device company in a very anti freedom blue state
>whole office is a mix of engineers and lab techs
>engineers almost all conservative.
>almost all own guns
>one guy has a C and R FFL and MASSIVE collection
>mention I bought an M1 carbine
>next day he plops an original canvas mag pouch, 2 15 round mags, a 30 rnd mag and a box of ammo on ny desk
>asks me for 50 bucks in return
>another older guy sold me a 1903a3 for 500 bucks after I offered 700
I love the people I work with. Proud as fuck and I show my power level all the time. One kid was like 3 time state champion skeet shooter and last I heard shot a 498 out of 500 in his league
>>
>>28604603
> anon owns a car
> shhhhh don't tell them someone might steal it.
Guns are portable on your person. Cars are not. Would you be ok with your friend telling random people about your thousands in cash inside a safe? Safes can be opened and/or taken, especially when you're not near it and the person hanging out with your group of friends lets their buddy know that you're going to be out for a while. if you don't have a safe, you're fucking up. If you broadcast to the world that you're on vacation and people know you live alone and don't have a motion sensor, cameras, a security system or something more than "i locks muh doors n windurs", you're fucking up. People fucking suck, and doing what you can to prevent people from finding out you have desirable possessions should be taken into consideration.
>>
>>28607713
>What's the point?
You're still shooting without the flash and loud noises that often cause hesitation with many who've never shot before.
>>
File: Ecaflip.jpg (71 KB, 368x430) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ecaflip.jpg
71 KB, 368x430
>>28603518
I get mad enough when people take things of mine that are not locked up without asking. You have a vast amount of restraint, anon.
>>
>>28602772
this is why i don't tell anyone about my stash. only family and close friends that i would trust to have my back in the event of shtf.
>>
>>28611562
+1
>>
>>28606471
>shitty range down the street that only allows up to .22
shitty range is right

you should have asked your girl if she'd like to go out to dinner after, and then taken her to a McDonald's
>>
>>28612283
I'm telling you, engineering is /k/ as fuck, and will never not be.
>>
>>28609514
Much like how politics are almost always brought up in ever single discussion
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 20
Thread DB ID: 452629



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.