[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MRE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
What is your favorite MRE when operating, innawoods, camping or wherever ?

Pic related is based MRE Beef Patty
>>
Chili Mac is the god-emperor of MREs. Nothing else comes close.
>>
chickin with noodles muthafucka!
>>
Cheese spread or nothing
>>
File: vomlet.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
vomlet.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>28598639
the queef patty always smelled like cat food to me. it was horrible. all hail the vomlet
>>
>>28598687

Chili Mac is best

.>>28598758

Jalapeno Cheese or gtfo
>>
>>28598758
The surplus store by my house sells packages of cheese spread separate for 50 cents I now have a 20$ stock pile of cheese spread (mostly jalapeño flavored) next is more snack bread
>>
>>28598791
But beef patty comes with combos that makes you an MRE trading God when trading
>>
>>28598848
They got rid of the beef Patty, now there is sloppy Joe filling, comes with combos, but crackers instead of snack bread and god damn peanut butter when it should have came with jalapeño cheese.
>>
Only ever had sloppy joe and asian beef. Both were amazing. Would eat all the time.
>>
Buffalo chicken was fucking great, beef stew as surprisingly just chunky beef stew in a pouch rather than a can.
>>
File: Tortellini.jpg (12KB, 258x255px) Image search: [Google]
Tortellini.jpg
12KB, 258x255px
Cheese tortillini master race
>>
>>28598886
>They made the patty better
PepperJack Burger (patty) is awesome, sides are ok
>>
Which does /k/ prefer, MREs, or Mountain House/similar freeze dried meals?
>>
>>28599012
never had anything freeze dried except the ice cream and that shit rocks, some people hate it. Ate all the mres because field ops in the muhrines, don't miss shits that could be used in lieu of depleted uranium.
>>
Chili mac is good, beef brisket is also on point.
>>
>>28598721
had some yesterday. need more.
>>
>>28598639
Chili w/ Beans is my personal favorite so far.
>>
>>28599012
I've done MH. its not bad.
>>
>>28598639
>2016
>not eating Chef Boyardee and Campbell's when operating
It's like you hate being comfy...
>>
>>28599242
but muh operashuns.
>>
>>28598687
Dat corn bread is da shit mang
>>
>>28599242
Comfy? What do you think this is, anon, the air force?
>>
>>28599242
>operating comfy
This anon knows what's up.
I operate in a hiking jacket and a snuggie.
With mittens if it's chilly.
>>
>>28599073
>tfw my plutonium rods are giving Haji kids birth defects
>>
Pork rib with real slices of bread, none of the wheat snack bread bullshit.
>>
>>28599242
The master!
>>
File: CAN'T_WAKE_UP.png (546KB, 1305x315px) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T_WAKE_UP.png
546KB, 1305x315px
>>28599384
>With mittens
>>
>>28599400
You hold your tongue heathen. Snack bread is best bread.
>>
>>28598639
You are a fucking psycho.

Chilli Mac or chicken fajita. Ranger-pudding that shit and go to town
>>
>>28598639
I always liked the beef stew. Too bad the cajun jambalaya was discontinued.
>>
Chili Mac or get the fuck out.
>>
>>28599471
Based snack bread all bow before it
>>
you civilian fags love eating that nasty shit. you dont even know about zapple sauce.
>>
>>28598982
My man
>>
>>28598639
chicken pasta pesto
> then chilli mac
>>
>>28598758
JALAPENO cheese spread anon, come on...I mean its 2016 already
>>
>>28598639

Turkey Tetrachloride (tetrazzini).
>>
Spagooter wif meatbergs in tometuhr sauz
>>
>>28599012

I've never had an MRE, but I was really impressed with the quality of mountain house when my hunting partner brought it.

I usually get retort pouches of indian food.

Lol projectile shitting in the woods.
>>
Vegetarian options are always A+ because of those extras, though chicken fajita is some good shit.
>>
The best extra has to be the tiny Tabasco bottle.
Because think about it, it's so small and thinks its full of hot shit.
So adorable.
>>
>ctrl+f beef enchilada
>0 replies

You people are a real piece of fucking work

You get yourself a fuckin beef enchilada mre, and you mix everything together in the brown outer bag after heating them as hot as possible with the heater thing, and it makes an otherwise horrible MRE into a fucking delicious paste of fake mexican awesomeness. I would actually eat it on a regular basis stateside if it was available in cans in stores or something, full stop.
>>
>>28598687
Chili mac master race, nothing else compares
>>
>>28598639
Completely unrelated, but when did we start calling soldiers warfighters? Why has no one pointed out how retarded it sounds?
>>
I've always been a freeze dried food type of guy. I bulk big cans of ingredients and mylar bags to just roll my own.

Was thinking of trying some MREs, where is a good place to stock up on them?
>>
>>28598687
Chili mac is the only choice as its the only MRE that won't plug you up or give you the shits.
>>
>>28603358
It's supposed to be service-neutral so Mahreens don't get assblasted at being called soldiers, and vice versa while also throwing a bone to sailors and airmen.
>>
>>28603042
I love those packs of Indian food. Never thought about taking them camping.
>>
>>28603409
If you don't mind old date and questionably legal sourcing, buying from ebay or craigslist if you live near a military base is generally the best option.

If you want new production that's stored in decent climate controlled conditions while not being stolen military property, The Epicenter is pretty good about it.

http://theepicenter.com/mre-meals-ready-to-eat.html
>>
>>28598791
kek'd at file name
>>
Obviously chili Mac, but right before I got out they started having a beef taco one that was actually pretty good. Also why the fuck did they get rid of tuna?
>>
back in the day it was the chicken ala king that was last to be eaten while it was -20 below and totally frozen without the heater packets which had not been invented yet.
>>
>>28598639
>What is your favorite MRE when operating, innawoods, camping or wherever ?
French RCIR
>>
File: rations_c_poundcake_300.jpg (34KB, 216x245px) Image search: [Google]
rations_c_poundcake_300.jpg
34KB, 216x245px
>>
>>28598639
chili with beans
>>
>>28603207

I never appreciated the beef enchilada when I was in. I know someone that's a nasty girl and gave me one recently.

My family looked at me like a weirdo for eating it on the couch as a snack. Shit was delicious.

Best are Chilli Mac, & cheese tortellini

Beef stew and chicken dumplings were breddy good too.
>>
File: 1450061213531.jpg (285KB, 800x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1450061213531.jpg
285KB, 800x1102px
>>28599242
Says someone who's never had to carry their food any significant distance.
>>
>>28599242
>operating
>comfy
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>28598639
Tasted IRP awhile ago. Comparing it to what I had to eat while in Finnish defense forces If it ever came to war I would shoot Russkies just to get their rations for my self.. Ours is shit.
>>
>>28607574
*Russian IRP
>>
>>28607493
Ten cans are like five pounds. Supplement that with things I hunt, and I'm golden.

>>28607533
Comfy operators are effective operators, friendo.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.