[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Updates with Hollis vs Lynch machine gun lawsuit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 14

File: loretta-lynch-testify.jpg (27KB, 596x338px) Image search: [Google]
loretta-lynch-testify.jpg
27KB, 596x338px
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1681489_NFA_cases__Hollis_and_Watson_v__Lynch___we_made_the_nation__P_158.html&page=159
>>
>>28591222

So big news is only a day or two away? Kool!
What will K buy when new full autos are for sell?

I want a belt fed AR in .300BLK or 7.62x54R
>>
>>28591222
I don't know what any of this means but won't the supreme court just say, lol don't care we only do progressive decisions now so fuck your case we won't see it,
>>
>>28591413
If they do it will damage their legitimacy which is way worse..
>>
>>28591413
>lol don't care we only do progressive decisions now so fuck your case we won't see it
they probably will, but they aren't laughing about it, they aren't seeing the cases in case they only do progressive decisions that would be set in stone.
>>
>>28591305
>What will K buy when new full autos are for sell?
I'll take "things that will never happen for $1000"
>>
Not gonna happen. The constitution was discarded long ago, we are ruled by unelected bureaucrats whose will send a militarized police force to no-knock you in the middle of the night if you dont obey.
>>
>>28591625
>militarized police
Please stop using his "term" unless ar-15s are also actually fully automatic assault rifles.
>>
>>28591576
>implying they care
NIGGUH
>>
>>28591305
Full auto tactical assault dildo launcher to fire directly into the asshole of every retard who posts this in every hollis thread.
>>
>>28591222

I'd like to an automatic penny shooter to off jooz.
>>
>>28591646
>They all need full auto rifles in order to be considered militarized.
>Their use of acu and bdu uniforms and knocking in doors at night doesn't resemble iraq at all
>>
>>28591646
That analogy/comparison doesn't even correlate you fucking retard.

Police are militarized and AR-15s are sporter rifles unless they have the third pin you dipshit.
>>
>>28591646
uhhh, different anon here but MRAPs and full auto-AR's definitely make the police militarized. (yeah, a lot of them rock full-auto lowers for no reason, especially SWAT teams)

Its more of an attitude though, modern cops view themselves more as a military force than as a civilian who is out to keep the peace.
>>
File: lepo-three-finger.gif (2MB, 400x241px) Image search: [Google]
lepo-three-finger.gif
2MB, 400x241px
>>28591413
>supreme court
>striking down anything unconstituional
gee whizz, how did Obama pass an exec order on guns...
>>
>>28591222
>hopeful idiots are watching this like it's going to do anything to stop the government from slowly legislating our gun rights away
I'll let you in on a little secret: The federal government is not your friend. They do not want you to have or do anything they can't control. They also do not care what you think, so this whole "they won't do X it'll make them look bad!" rhetoric is nonsense. If you challenge their self-imposed authority in court (which I must remind you is *their* court) they will prolong the case until you get tired and give up or die of old age, Alternatively, someone will find drag marks leading to your body on the side of the road in an apparent "suicide". If you're totally unlucky they'll claim you were diddling kids and send SEAL Team wannabes to your house to murder your family and claim you shot one of their officers after they find your stash of explosives and drugs that you didn't even know you had.
>>
File: Iraq.jpg (53KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
Iraq.jpg
53KB, 560x420px
>>28591646
I agree, police look nothing like >>28591664
>>
>>28591675
Are you implying the police and swat shouldn't have armored cars when in locations where heavily armed locales exist?

MRAP is nothing more than a giant armored SUV. Thats really not militarized any more than the preper down the street who owns a deuce.

When they start getting AT4s and Bradleys we can say they're militarized and not just equipped for the job.
>>
File: carl-sagan-dude-what.png (260KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
carl-sagan-dude-what.png
260KB, 480x480px
>>28591747
>a vehicle meant to withstand IEDs is the same as an unarmored open back vehicle meant to transport supplies and troops
>>
>>28591694
because the exec orders did nothing
all they did was restate the law

the only really concerning part is the weakening of doctor-patient confidentiality
>>
>>28591747
>be me in 2005
>be inna Iraqistan
>be on patrol in M1114 HMMWV
>have issued M16A4 with 3 round burst
>be me now
>be civilian in Ft. Livingroom
>see cops with MRAPS and M4s with full auto lowers
>realize cops have better gear than I had for an actual war.
>mfw I have no face
>>
File: APC-Tampa.jpg (105KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
APC-Tampa.jpg
105KB, 600x397px
>>28591747
>>
>>28591747
Are you implying police should be wearing combat uniforms and load bearing vests?
>>
File: Wood-County-APC.jpg (93KB, 800x410px) Image search: [Google]
Wood-County-APC.jpg
93KB, 800x410px
>>28591747
yep
>>
File: NamMadMax.jpg (105KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
NamMadMax.jpg
105KB, 1200x840px
>>28591772
Right.
>>
>>28591772
what are they gunna do m8 that faggot gates thought 50 billion dollars worth of the things was a good idea and cut just about every other important program. but now that we don't need them why let them rust in the graveyards
>>
File: l1212720969.jpg (32KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
l1212720969.jpg
32KB, 400x270px
>>28591747
mmhmm
>>
>>28591800
Fuck, how much commo does the Tampa PD need to bring into da hood?
>>
>>28591413
They're hearing a case regarding Xbox 360s scratching people's DVDs...

I wouldn't even take them seriously anymore. They're fucking hacks who believe in nothing.
>>
>>28591828
Sell/auction them to the public. A government that holds a monopoly of violence over its people is bad in case you haven't been paying attention to history.
>>
>>28591841
public can't even use them they can't get past 50mph without falling apart
>>
>>28591800
>>28591818
Ohh big and scary tracked vehicle.

Top one is a mobile command post, Bottom one is most likely a retired medical track, Possibly a mortar track. Yea those are surly going to do some massive damage... f they run over something. Certainly not like those rednecks who own Patton or chieftain tanks.

>>28591810

Are you implying they should just carry their one magazine and maybe a spare in their pocket?

Using ACUs is a bit much, they should at least just wear whatever swat uniform the department approved. But lets be serious, a shitty digital pattern still breaks the silhouette in case of an active shooter (Texas tower shooting anyone?)
>>
File: yoloswagmp5.jpg (25KB, 400x354px) Image search: [Google]
yoloswagmp5.jpg
25KB, 400x354px
>>28591747
>heavily armed locales
yeah, because RPG's and IED's are a real problem in America. "Heavily Armed" would be RPG's, crew-served weapons, and lots of explosives. Jamal with an AR is not "heavily armed.

>MRAP is nothing more than a giant armored SUV
literally not true at all. An MRAP is a fuckhuge war vehicle designed to roll through anything short of a tank round. It is designed to have crew-served weapons mounted on it, and is bad taste for a police department to roll around in. what>>28591785 said is true, police are literally rolling in better gear than I have RIGHT NOW, except they dont have the training required to actually use it, so we have no-knock raids on the wrong houses, idiots with EOTech's backwards, backwards mags, ect. (people being shot for bad reasons)

The equipment really isnt the issue though, its just a symptom of the larger problem, which is the ATTITUDE of most officers. They view themselves ar better than, and outside of society in general. Officer McFatass seriously thinks that he puts his life in danger every day, and that he is the same as a soldier

pic related is a classic example of when cops think they are soldiers
>>
>>28591861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWBBnpwqsR0
kek
>>
>>28591839
>not understanding the appeal process
>not understanding law
>>
>>28591861
let them try. who cares if bubba has a new toy on his farm that he can't fix
>>
File: blog-tdnt-rc-500x280-v01.jpg (81KB, 1160x768px) Image search: [Google]
blog-tdnt-rc-500x280-v01.jpg
81KB, 1160x768px
>>28591747
lel
>>
>>28591576
>legitimacy
When they said "A man that mutilates his penis can now go into girl's bathrooms and any company that tries to stop him can be sued", they lost their legitimacy.
>>
>>28591861
>I've never seen an MRAPP in person
>but let me know share my uneducated, inexperienced opinion like it's fact
>>
>>28591899
>supporting the literal abortion that was the mrap purchase
>>
>>28591904
>let me continue to spout off my opinions like they matter, even though I have no experience on the subject
>>
>>28591839
>They're hearing a case regarding Xbox 360s scratching people's DVDs...
Wasn't that years ago?! Microshit really fucked up.
>>
>>28591928
>hurr durr you must have been an mrap mechanic to complain
please tell me more about how I need to be a Michelin stared chef to criticize the purchase of 20,000+ vehicles who's only purpose is to explode intentionally,cost fuck tons to maintain, and are now rendered useless now that need has disappeared.
>>
>>28591971
Your complaints and opinions are just that, complaints and opinions, not facts, no matter how hard you want them to be. Keep laying them on me and I'm going to keep telling you why your complaints and opinions mean absolutely jack shit.
>>
>>28591971
>only purpose is to explode intentionally
That's how I know you have no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>28591873
>"Heavily Armed" would be RPG's, crew-served weapons, and lots of explosives.

Explosives are easily made at home. Socker sand niggers didn't go into C4 mart and get supplies for IEDs.
Crew served weapons? Bitch we can legally own .50 bmg rifles, M2 parts kits are still out there, some full auto rental stores have one to rent. There was a small amount of MK19s parts kit that came from korea. There are a ton of RPG parts kit floating around you literally fill one or two demileld holes, and get a new firing pin for. RPG grenades arn't rocket science to make, and its /only/ $200 tax to legally own.

>MRAP IS SO NOT AN SUV

Lets decode your liberal fear mongering sentence.

>An MRAP is a fuckhuge war vehicle designed to roll through anything short of a tank round

An MRAP is a mine resistance ambush protected troop transport never designed with tanks in mind, nor as any type of frontline vehicle.

>It is designed to have crew-served weapons mounted on it

It is designed to have a m249 or maybe a m240 as protection in a hostile environment with additional support vehicles in a convoy.
Most do not mount an M2 as there is only room for one person in the turret.

>police are literally rolling in better gear than I have RIGHT NOW
Because police are not poor fags. M4s are arguably worse than an a4 for specific circumstances. (Go look at M4 temperature problems)

>>28591884
Impressive what police force justified an M2? Theres not enough pixels to really see any details.
>>
>>28592021
heh
>>
>>28592051
Oh my that crew cabin sure got exploded and turned everyone inside into hamburger meat didn't it?
>>
>>28592002
care to back up your support for the mrap with facts m8 cause at this point you've just been desperately greentexting in hopes you never have to support your opinion
>>
1000 lightning links before they are rebanned under Hillary
>>
>>28592067
>it isn't designed to explode
>>
>>28592075
Care to stop projecting and accept that when you don't know what you're talking about is a good time to not act like you do? Because at this point all you've just been doing is proving that you know nothing.
>>
>>28592075
And I never expressed support for it, I just pointed out how much you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>28592113
>>28592122
care to try correcting me or is constructing anything other but empty shitposts to hard for you.
>>
>>28592133
I'm sorry I can't tell if you're trying to ask or say something.
>>
File: 1429333106986.jpg (96KB, 635x456px) Image search: [Google]
1429333106986.jpg
96KB, 635x456px
>>28592032
this is an example of the mentality im talking about
>someone COULD make an IED so that means we are under attack!

>An MRAP is a mine resistance ambush protected troop transport never designed with tanks in mind, nor as any type of frontline vehicle.
wait, so MRAPs aren't frontline vehicles? let me just call TRADOC and inform them of that. I said anything SHORT of a tank round nigger, stop twisting my words. I know damn well what an MRAP is, you don't

>Most do not mount an M2 as there is only room for one person in the turret.
U w0t m8? the m2 is a crew-served weapon yes, but when its mounted there is only one operator. You think every m2 has two guys on it? Like we are sticking two guys in the turret of an m1114? Also, a 240 is a crew served weapon, and we only mount a 249 if there are absolutely no other crew serves around.

Also way to sidestep the menality and tactics of police and just talk about equipment, which is just a symptom of the larger issue
>>
>>28592152
This is getting pathetic, but I guess that's about what one would expect from Robert Gates shills.
>>
>>28592190
Again, I'm not shilling anything. I just get enjoyment out of putting you entitled retards in your place when you open your stupid mouths.
>>
>>28592198
>putting you entitled retards in your place when you open your stupid mouths.
That's entitled shitlorde to you. Also I fail see how you did anything other than make an ass of yourself.
>>
>>28592233
You also fail to see how you are the ass. There's a lot you don't see I bet.
>>
>>28592264
k, here's your final (you) I guess.
>>
>>28591305
>What will K buy when new full autos are for sell?
A green card.
>>
>>28592095
Actually they are.
>>
>>28592435
no shit
>>
>>28591664
>using kevlar is BAAAAD!
>ignore my own bdus and plant carrier pls
>>28591671
>calls someone a fucktard
>makes no sense

>>28591675
>MRAPs
>a vehicle used by swat teams soley to protect its occupants is bad
>view themselves more as a military force than as a civilian who is out to keep the peace
>let me make baseless statements about a group of people I know nothing about and have no connection with! That's not arrogant at all!

>>28591701
You think I giva a shit what they look like? I don't care if the dude arresting me has an M4 or a squirt gun. You shouldn't either, as long as you also think people who try to ban ars for looking scary are wrong too.

I cns agree with the people who say "no knock raids are overused" or something like that. That's fine. But right now you're just making "I don't like it because it's SCAWWEY" statements
>>
>>28591694
>>supreme court
>>striking down anything unconstituional

It's almost like they didn't recently declare the 2A and individual right and strike down all the country's local handgun bans and storage requirements
>>
>>28592469
You do realize they only give you those small "victories" to shut you up and pretend they're doing anything right?
>>
>>28592032
Found the fat LEO who wants to play SEAL
>>
>>28592492
>declaring the 2A an individual right
>small victory

How young are you? Do you know know how long we've been fighting the serious idea that the 2A only guarantees guns to the military and organized militias? This has been a serious problem for decades and was one of the antis most common arguments for why their bullshit laws were constitutional. Finally saying, "Everyone can own a gun regardless of militia membership" and also "you can't ban handguns or make people lock their guns up at home" were large victories, not small. Not to mention all the liberals flipping their shit and crying their eyes out when SCOTUS decided these things. That was a victory in itself.
>>
>>28592548
Until the NFA and all other gun laws (infringements) are repealed, there is no reason to celebrate.
>>
>mrap autism

Police have civic duties since they obey and are funded by the people (lol). They're pissing away our taxpayer dollars on unnecessary gear. I'm sure everyone can agree this is bad.
>>
File: HollisvsHolder2.jpg (452KB, 1425x984px) Image search: [Google]
HollisvsHolder2.jpg
452KB, 1425x984px
>>28591222
Its funny how the further this case gets the more naysayers start posting. You might as well support this wholeheartedly because if it doesn't happen you might be more pissed to the point of getting more involved. Being a negative cuck about it doesn't do anything good for anyone.
>>
>>28592574
You a tard yo
>>
>>28592649
There were a hell of a lot of naysayers in the beginning, but also a lot of machinegun owners (and people defending them) saying they would rather just have more machineguns than have a collection.

Lately I'm not so sure that's true, but eh. I don't have high hopes for this case, but it'd be a hell of a win.
>>
>>28592650
Nice rebuttal, full of intellectual and thought-provoking content.
>>
>>28592469
>It's almost like they didn't recently declare the 2A and individual right and strike down all the country's local handgun bans and storage requirements

And then subsequently decided to not hear a case involving Chicago's AWB.

And now every gun grabber that is a little bit politically aware is being told that the SCOTUS has swung their way and they should push for AWBs at the local and state level.
>>
>>28592448
Aren't you special
>>
>>28591576
All courts lost their legitimacy when they started basing rulings on case study as opposed to actual laws or the constitution.
Now if some pig fucker judge can pass a sentence, or some president gets away with illegal shit, everyone can do it because future courts just look at the rulings of previous decisions.
>>
File: 1451204801628.jpg (40KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
1451204801628.jpg
40KB, 500x406px
>>28591576
>implying SCOTUS has any legitimacy left after upholding obamacare any creating gay marriage law
You are a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>28592365
I respect that.
>>
>>28592649
>be super fudd
>buy machinegun for $10k
>now worth $25k
>It's worth that much because of the hughes amendment which passed to be added to the FOPA under questionable circumstances
>Unconstitutional anyway
>Once it's established that it's unconstitutional it will be it's "real" price of probably $2k
>fight against the second amendment so my guns keep their value
>wonder why a bunch of keyboard warriors are so mad.

Seriously there are <500k machineguns in the civilian registry, and they're really willing to fight the second amendment to hang onto their artificially inflated value. These people can get fucked.
>>
>>28591904
>goal post moving, the post

Fucking kill yourself
>>
If this shit makes it I'm getting an AR ASAP and filing a form to make an auto sear.
>>
>>28592233
Im pretty sure you don't find this fun, more like a pathetic and desperate attempt to fill your time
>>
>>28592157
>implying that jackass even knows what TRADOC is

Come one mate, he's some 14 year old kid in the Explorer program. He doesn't know shit.
>>
>>28591698
Literally three hundred and ten million times this.
>>
>>28592032
This reeks of bootlicking leofaggot
>>
>>28591896
You don't even have to mutilate your penis. Just shave and put on a dress. I can't wait for the first crossdressing serial rapist to start targeting womyn in Manhattan or San Francisco. Maybe then they will wake up.
Haha! Who the fuck am I kidding? They will bury that story so fast, no one is likely to ever know it happened.
>>
>>28592080
>Not 1000 M4 lower receivers.
Fucking pleb.
>>
>>28593518
Why not buy an 80% and make a M4?
>>
>>28593743
Still have to file a form
>>
>>28593518
Just buy an auto sear or full auto LPK and register the lower, unless you just want to make a dias.
>>
>>28591222
We should start flooding the ATF with Form 1's under trusts.

If everyone on /k/ did it and they rejected it, these rejections could be added to the lawsuit and further the argument of equal treatment.
>>
>>28592989
that's how all common law courts operate and how all federal and most state courts operate and have always operated

only areas under French influence use civil law as opposed to common law
>>
>>28591651
nigga you gay.
>>
GET HYPED
E
T

H
Y
P
E
D
>>
>>28591785
Makes you wonder what freedom you fought for?
>>
>>28592080

If the court rules such a ban violates the 2nd, they can not be rebanned.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.