[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi Point Carbine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: 62394.jpg (8KB, 400x127px) Image search: [Google]
62394.jpg
8KB, 400x127px
Tell me why this isn't a good value for a first rifle. Main use is for home protection and occasional trips to the range.
>>
It is son, you're good to go.
>>
everything about it is fucking revolting
>>
>>28579710
>Tell me why this isn't a good value for a first rifle.
because they willfully make it look fucking terrible.

because stop being a poorfag and just accept the beretta master race

because for 200 dollarydoos more you can buy/build an entry level assault rifle 15

because 10 round mags
>>
Literally the only problem is how fucking ugly it looks. That being said it's a pretty good carbine and uses inexpensive 9mm rounds, so it's not too bad for stuff like home protection once you can get over how disgusting it looks.
>>
yea can someone explain why it looks so nasty? i personally feel like its a conspiracy to give a con to such an affordable rifle. "you guys cant sell this for that cheap unless you make it fuck ugly, youll monopolize a market"
>>
>>28579904
disassemble and aftermarket support are both awful, too
>>
>>28579710
Rifle is cheap and reliable. Ammo is cheap. Gun as a tool doesn't matter how it looks. Hey dude, your hammer is ugly.... Why you buy such an ugly screwdriver
.. It's stupid. It's not even ugly anyway.
>>
>>28579710
>I'm too good for a 22
Nope
>I want my first gun to be something better than 22
Nope

First gun = 10/22 since 1964

10/22 -> AR -> glock 19
>>
>>28579710
Stop being dumb and buy a 10/22 or a model 60 or model 795. If you won't do that then spend $600 and buy an AR. The new Sport II is pretty decent.

Pistol-caliber carbines are pretty dumb in general. A 995 is not a good first or second gun. It's a good tenth gun.

>>28579942
The family of some columbine victim sued Hi Point nearly into the ground. They have little incentive to spend R&D time on a $200 carbine.

Their CEO has explicitly stated they have no interest in developing higher capacity or dual stack magazines.

>>28579962
Blowback disassembly is generally pretty bad.
>>
>>28580421
OP here. Not too good for a 22. Already have a 9mm handgun. Hi Point 9 mm carbine around the same price as a 22. Can use the same ammo. Want to eventually build an AR, but live in PR of NJ, ban compliant parts not as readily available and are normally cost more.
>>
>>28580523
>i live in new jersey
That's something you mention in the OP numb nuts.

You already fucked up by buying a handgun first. Buy a lower receiver now and keep buying parts as you can afford them.

>Want to eventually build an AR, but live in PR of NJ
I'm fully aware of the New Jersey "assault firearm" rules. You get one evil feature which you can spend on a threaded barrel/pinned flash suppressor, pistol grip, folding/telescoping stock, or (lol) a grenade launcher.

You can make an off the shelf AR NJ legal merely by pop riveting the stock open and pinning a muzzle brake or thread protector (but not a flash suppressor!) in place.
>>
>>28580663
>pop riveting the stock open
Don't actually use a pop rivet though, the bolt carrier still needs to go back.

Just spend $30 on http://www.primaryarms.com/mag480-blk/p/mag480-blk/
>>
How much more is a Beretta Cx4 Storm? Get the 92fs mag compatible one so you can use 17 rounders.
>>
Buy a keltec 2000 instead
>>
>>28580748
sub 2000 owner here

Don't buy a sub 2000. Pistol caliber carbines are dumb.
>>
>>28579710
>Main use is for home protection
>largest capacity "reliable" magazines are 10 rounds
>even then the "reliable" magazines regularly have problems relating to misaligned or bent feed lips
>gun has a problem bending or breaking the firing pin if you shoot it to much
>gun is a pain in the ass to disassemble and clean
>gun is basically a glorified pistol and not even a good one at that
>risk hollow points over expanding and under penetrating due to being fired at a higher velocity than they're meant for
If you want something for home defense that's cheap and effective, get a Mossberg 500/590/Maverick 88 new or used or an older used Remington 870 and load it with your choice of buckshot (I prefer #4 buckshot but some prefer 00 buck or #1 buckshot). Generally a quality used gun > a similarly priced new gun as long as it isn't completely beat to shit.
>>
>>28579710
>rifle
I've got bad news for you...
>>
>>28580496
>The family of some columbine victim sued Hi Point nearly into the ground.
>things that didn't happen

>Blowback disassembly is generally pretty bad.
>implying
Decently designed straight blowback guns are generally easier to disassemble than most other guns.
>>
File: hitlerchan.png (4KB, 629x154px) Image search: [Google]
hitlerchan.png
4KB, 629x154px
>>28580822
Try to remove the barrel senpai.
>>
>>28580846
>Try to remove the barrel
Try doing that on basically any rifle without tools, you can't.
>>
>>28580822
>field stripping is the same as disassembly
kek
>>
>>28580874
>tools are tools
A $20 multipurpose armorers wrench and a $300 press are not the same thing.
>>
>>28579710
I have one. Its pretty great.
>>
>>28580876
>implying field stripping isn't what gun owners who aren't autistic mean when they talk about disassembling their guns

>>28580888
>implying that you can remove the barrel on most rifles with just a $20 armorer's wrench
Besides, exactly why do you plan on needing to remove the barrel in the first place? Pistol ammunition put so little wear on the barrel that gun will likely suffer irreparable damage elsewhere that will either require you to replace the gun or will make more sense financially to replace the gun before any loss of accuracy at the ranges you will be using it at ever becomes an issue.
>>
>>28579710
It's perfect if you're a nigger/aspiring jihadi
>>
>>28580981
And dat warranty.

I wouldnt get it for HD, pistol calibers arent exactly known for being super deadly. And the magazine capacity is shit. But for a range toy, this fits the bill.

If anything breaks, you get a new one. And i dont know if you own a pistol, but the cross capabilities would be a plus.
>>
File: cool.jpg (47KB, 528x710px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
47KB, 528x710px
Hi-Point pistols are super bad (super good for their price, but super bad otherwise) but the carbines are ACTUALLY pretty good. I have one and don't often have malfunctions with it. Excellent for its price.

Also, if it's good enough for the Columbine shooters, it's good enough for you.
>>
File: IMAG1126.jpg (940KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1126.jpg
940KB, 2688x1520px
>2016
>Not owning an hk UMP
>>
>>28581547
I didnt win the lotto..
>>
>>28581500
They're +P rated. Some good quality +P JHP in a 16" barrel can kill you real hard.
>>
>>28581529
I often make my firearm choices based on successful massacres, it's a good choice.
>>
>>28580496
>Their CEO has explicitly stated they have no interest in developing higher capacity or dual stack magazines.
funny, I can remember an announcement exactly the opposite of that.
they claimed they'd been working on a doublestack 995 for several years new but continue to hit engineering and financial setbacks
>>
>>28581547
>owning HK's worst firearm
>it was designed to be a cheap n' nasty alternative to the MP5 for poorfag nations and police
>>
I wish I could buy Hi Point and start making cheap rifles of rifle calibers.
>>
File: IMG_6034.jpg (69KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6034.jpg
69KB, 384x512px
>Its ugly
ITs not even that bad if you upgrade it yourself

And probably the only actual downside is that it has 10 rounds, and the 15 round aftermarket mags are terrible.

/k/ hates it because its not oper8r and /k/ is holier than thou about every gun so you shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>28581940
>jelly that you can't afford hk worst firearm
Kek poorfag
>>
File: 2016-01-16 16.55.42-1.png (671KB, 1343x394px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-16 16.55.42-1.png
671KB, 1343x394px
Here's a 995
>>
>>28582194

Can you not legally acquire one, or can you simply not afford one?

If it's the second option then you might need to contemplate sudoku.
>>
>>28582347
Nah, I've got AKs and ARs, but there's something about super cheap guns that I really love. They have a certain charm.
It's just like a moped or a fat chick. I want to try one but I don't want to be seen with one.
>>
File: 004.jpg (12KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
12KB, 640x480px
>>
They were great when they cost <$200 and not shit AR's cost >$800.

Now they cost $300+ and you can piece together a usable AR for $400. There is no point in getting one.
>>
>>28582380
I know this feeling. Something about having a gun you can absolutely abuse is freeing as hell. I love my ar s but my 995 is such a fun gun to take out.
>>
>>28582395
Truth
Built my wife's AR for $425 before fees. "Optics ready" and A2 parts, but all the functional parts for $425. Optics another $80
>>
>>28582347
Also, I meant buy Hi Point as in the company. Not a rifle.
>>
>>28579710

Hi-point 9mm carbine + 15 round mags + good ammo + flashlight is a decent CQC setup.

10-15 easy-to-aim and low-recoil rounds entering lower .357 magnum ranges isn't a bad dealio.
>>
>>28582262
>ITs not even that bad if you upgrade it yourself
Yes, it is. All the extra shit that the one in that pic has slapped on it brings the price of the gun up to the same price as a PSA Freedom AR build which would significantly better. Seriously, that's $250-$300 worth of accessories on a $250 gun.

>And probably the only actual downside is that it has 10 rounds
Don't forget how those magazines regularly have problems with out of spec feed lips from the factory and can be damaged easily.
>>
File: 20140814_182928.jpg (832KB, 2581x1177px) Image search: [Google]
20140814_182928.jpg
832KB, 2581x1177px
I got the Beretta instead.
>>
>>28582483
>Don't forget how those magazines regularly have problems with out of spec feed lips from the factory and can be damaged easily.
and? just test your mags and if they don't work spend all of 10 minutes tweaking the feed lips or send them back to beemiller
>>
>>28582395
>Now they cost $300+
you can get them new for under $250 any damn day of you shop around, often even cheaper used
>>
>>28582340
if garbage is what you love, Godspeed
far be it from me to stand between s man and his irrational live
>>
>>28582595
God Tier PCC.

>>28579710
A pawn shop in my area has a Hi-Point C9 that I'm tempted to buy and OC for MLK day, but $100 seems steep for a gag.
>>
>>28582736

it better be for how expensive it is.
>>
>>28582483
>anon doesn't already own a spare set of MBUIS, a TRS-25, and an AFG

Literally the only thing that was put on that carbine that is unique to it is the full top rail which cost $60
Nobody says you have to buy all that shit for your carbine. And maybe some people want a cheap plinking gun to suit up just for fun?

>>28582483
I've never had this problem. The factory mags work fine and I've never damaged them before.
You're probably thinking about the aftermarket mags which do have feed lip problems that can damage the gun apparently.
>>
>>28582750
Eh, I got a factory discount from Beretta, paid a little more than $500, so not a bad deal. Really is a fine shooter.
>>
>>28582638
>potentially weaken the feed lips of already weak magazines or spend the money to ship them back to the factory

>>28582750
>it better be for how expensive it is.
What? They start at about $600, that's not expensive at all for what you're getting. Keep in mind that the only reason AR-15s are as cheap as they are is because the market is flooded with them.

>>28582777
>I've never had this problem. The factory mags work fine and I've never damaged them before.
I've seen complaints about reliability with Hi Point guns and they almost always end up being due to out of spec feed lips on the magazines. I know the magazines are weaker than those from other manufacturers because I've read about people attempting to weld Suomi drums to them (as people have done with other pistol magazines) and the pressure from the spring of the drum bending the feed lips to the point where the magazines spew the rounds out.
>>
>>28579710
You shouldn't get that, because it would be better to spend about 3x more to have something "nicer" sitting in your closet that you can't afford ammo for.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.