[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"A gunsmith just tried to steal my gun"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 7

File: H&R 22.jpg (259KB, 800x627px) Image search: [Google]
H&R 22.jpg
259KB, 800x627px
Or "How I wasted my Saturday"

Hey /k/ you ever deal with somebody that didn't know about gun laws?
Somebody who logically should have known?
>>
>>28570387
>doesnt even greentext what happened

good job, faggot
>>
>>28570387
maybe you should have gone to a real smith instead of billy bob the part time plumber
>>
>>28570387
Here is the story about how my saturday was wasted
>I won a bid on gunbroker for an antique (pre 1898) H&R top break revolver
>I'm under 21, but because of legal shennanigans antique guns are not legally 'firearms'
>I recieve my gun in the mail and the gun has a few problems
>The hammer wouldnt engage the sear but it would work in DA
>My normal gunsmith wouldn't touch it, he only works on 1911s
>I asked around and the closest smith that'll work on it is a guy working out of garage 25 miles away
>>
>I get there and there are tools all over the place

>even the freshmen at the machining college I went to are neater than this

>he takes a look at it for me

>He immediately calls it a saturday night special and says its only worth $50

>His dismissive attitude to a potential customer throws up a red flag for me right there

>Since I allready wasted my time driving there, I stay and ask him how much to fix it

>He pops the grips off and starts poking around the lockwork with a screwdriver

>He tells me it needs parts, and that It'll cost around $120

>Since I have no alternative I take his offer

>He asks me for my ID for paperwork and I give it to him
>>
>>28570387
>inna California about to purchase an East German AK from Atlantic, specifically get the Cali legal option
>call up my FFL gun store to give them a heads up
>"okay sir what gun are you getting?"
>"what? You can't have an AK in California, that's illegal! It's a good thing you called to check otherwise we would've had to report you to the DOJ"
>uhhhh, okay. I'm pretty sure that's not how that would work but whatever
>do a quick Google maps search and call the next gun store on the list
>"yeah, no problem. We'll call you when the waiting period's up"

and that was the last time I dealt with that store
>>
>>28570481

>He starts sperging out

>"THATS ILLEGAL YOU CAN'T HAVE A
PISTOL YOU'RE NOT 21"

>At this point I'm regretting not leaving when he lowballed me on the value of my gun

Then it happens

>He grabs the pistol of the counter and yells

>"YOU CAN HAVE THIS BACK WHEN YOU'RE 21"

>"NOW LEAVE MY PROPERTY OR I'LL CALL THE POLICE"
>>
>>28570513
what state are you in?
>>
>>28570513

>Its at this point I realise that this fucking manchild is trying to steal my gun

>I tell him to give me back my property and I'll be on my way

>He refuses "NO YOU CANT HAVE IT THATS ILLEGAL YOU CANT OWN A PISTOL" and starts dialing 911

>I of course am not going to let this down syndrome motherfucker have only his side heard, so I too call 911

>we apparently both call the same dispatcher because I can hear Sloth from the goonies over the phone

>Lady says that the staties are the closest and will deal with the developing clusterfuck that is this situation

>I walk outside so I don't have to listen to sloth yell at me
>>
>>28570553
dis gun be gud
>>
Hahaha fuck that asshole
>>
>>28570545
PA
>>28570553

>30 minutes later the state two cars roll up; the state police have arrived

>I don't remember their names so from this point forward I'll be referring to them as Barney Fife and Affirmitave Action (AA)

>The obviously mentally challanged smith waddles out and starts sperging at the cops who promptly tell him to shut the fuck up

>Barney acts as tard wrangler and guides him inside the shop for his statement

>The cop who talks to me is AA, a black woman who obviously doesn't know the first thing about gun laws

>tells me that I can't legally own a pistol

>I tell her that you can, you cant buy a pistol from a FFL dealer until 21, and that private transfers are a thing

>the cop inside walks out with Sloth in hot pursuit

>Fife has confiscated the gun from Sloth and starts talking to me about it

>The cop tells AA that the gun doesn't have a serial number and I point out that Its on the frame under the cylinder

>Sloth speaks up "HE CANT HAVE THAT THE GUN SHOOTS A MODERN CARTRIDGE SEE"

>he fumbles and drops a .32 long round and the cop tells him to go back inside

>Affirmitave Action asks to see my Drivers liscence and starts writing down my name

>She asks me to follow them back to the police barracks

>At this point I'm not getting my gun serviced by the smith, they have my gun and my ID so I say fuckit and just go along with it.
>>
>>28570553
>I'm terrified he won't give me my gun back

>I walk up to him and whip out his Johnson

>start delivering the best blowjowski of my life

>get my pistol back and the cops have just arrived

>sloth the cops and I are now orgy buddies and we all laugh about that day
>>
>>28570592
doesn't it suck when the OP posts faster than you do after you took the time to type that out?
>>
>>28570592
>you seriously thought this was funny enough to post
How embarrassing. I'd tell you to shoot yourself but you're probably nogunz
>>
File: image.jpg (682KB, 1025x829px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
682KB, 1025x829px
>>28570592
Kek shut the guck up
>>
>>28570589

>I arrive at the barracks and they fucking pat me down before they'll talk to me

>They say I'm not under arrest and can leave, but they want to see if they "can legally return the gun" to me

>MotherFucker

>I give them my side of events- went to get shit fixed and instead got sperged at

>They tell me that they need to consult with some officer on duty that has a FFL about the laws

>The guy comes into the room with AA me and I finally talk to somebody competent

>I tell him the gun is antique and that I legally acquired it

>he tells AA that he looked at the laws and "that due to a Loophole he can own the gun"

>He tells me that everything looks legal and he 'just' needs for me to pass a background check before they can return my property
>>
>>28570621
Are you gonna get your money back from that faggot? Being a gun owner under 21 fucking blows because so many fags dont know the law, glad Im 22 now.
>>
>>28570621

>I wait for three fucking hours before they remember that I'm there and tell me "PICS isn't picking up, come back tuesday to pick your gun up"

TLDR;
>OP GOES TO A SMITH TO HAVE AN ANTIQUE FIXED AND ENDS UP TRYING TO GET HIS PROPERTY BACK FROM THE STATE POLICE
>>
>>28570658
and no charges for the smith for stealing your money or trying to steal your gun?
>>
>>28570643
He started sperging out before I handed him the money
>>28570592
I wish
>>28570414
Life Lesson Learned
>>
>>28570553
who is the smith so i can avoid/order 20 pizzas?
>>
>>28570691
in the top 3 results for 'gunsmith near Schwenksville'
Please refrain from pizza for atleast one week
>>
File: 20150410_121403.jpg (2MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20150410_121403.jpg
2MB, 2656x1494px
>>28570592
somehow I doubt a smith that dumb can afford a johnson, let alone have one just lying around for you to grab.
>>
File: IMG_004.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_004.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>28570387
This happened to me back in September.

>get gifted a Springfield 1911
>a year later, something happens to it that requires a gun smith to fix
>take it to the smith and he agrees to work on it
>a week or so later, get a call from him telling me it's done and to come and pick it up.
>go down to pick it up
>all of a sudden telling me that he can't give it back to me because I was 19 at the time
>have to wait a year to get it back

Learned a valuable lesson.
>>
>Hey /k/ you ever deal with somebody that didn't know about gun laws?

You mean EVERYONE??

There are an estimated 10,000 Federal laws and codes... nobody has been able to count them all, apparently. Top that off with thousands more city, state, and county laws... and how many laws regulating firearms are there?

More than anyone on /k/ can count?

Probably.
>>
>>28570744

you do know that search results are personalized by location right

we could be looking at totally different pizza targets
>>
>>28570777
only one near Schwenksville with a website, again please refrain from pizza spamming
>>
>>28570744
Holy shit I was just at spring mount.
>>
>>28570589
>PA
Fuck, where?
>>
>>28570875
I'm also curious. Would love to know who to avoid smith-wise if OP is anyone near me
>>
>>28570890

http://www.generalarmsllc.com/photos.html
http://mhgunsmithing.com/

one of these spergs judging from what OP gave
>>
>>28570875
>>28570890
only gunsmith near Schwenksville/ spring mount with their own website
>>
>>28570875
>>28570890
See
>>28570810
>>
>>28570422
>under 21
>normal gunsmith that only works on 1911s
why would your normal gunsmith only work on a gun that you most likely don't have? why do you even have a normal gunsmith?
>>
>>28570936
You must be new here. If you want to avoid this guy getting pizza'd you should stop giving hints to fucking 4chan
>>
>>28570936
Near philly; suddenly it all gets clearer
>>
>>28570962
why would op want to avoid fucking retard gunsmith over? Retard gunsmith tried to steal his gun and got it confiscated by the police for no reason. if he doesn't know basic gun laws, he shouldn't be running a business fixing guns.
>>
>>28570992
but at least give it a week or two to blow over.
pizzas now incriminate OP
>>
>>28570954
I had a 1911 when I was 17, there's nothing that says you need to be 21 to own a pistol, although that doesn't seem to be the case with op.
>>
>>28570954
the only pistols he works on are 1911s
I bought a nugget from him and I regularly get ammo from him, ergo he is my normal gunsmith
>>
File: 1438680912246.jpg (28KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1438680912246.jpg
28KB, 720x405px
>>28570992
because when the faggot calls the cops it's going to come back to him.

Also he doesn't have his gun back yet
>>
>>28571048
you do have to be 21 to get one from a store/ffl
real gunsmiths have an ffl
even if he had agreed to work on it it would be impossible for him to legally transfer it back
>>
>>28571048
>there's nothing that says you need to be 21 to own a pistol
There is a law that says you have to be atleast 18 to own a pistol though.
>>28571095
he's not really your regular gunsmith if you just buy guns and ammo from him. I wouldn't consider chevron my mechanic because I buy gas from them.
>>
>>28571048
In the Texas Penal code you can buy a firearm under the age of 18 with a written permission note from your guardian. I wonder how many times thats happened
>>
>>28571127
That doesn't apply for antiques though. Antiques (guns made before January 1st, 1899) don't follow the same rules as modern shit.
>>
>>28571158
you can own long guns at any age. Federal law says you have to be 18 to own a handgun.
>>
>>28571183
>>28571158
>tfw its a federal law to buy handguns from ffl's at 21 but not a state law
>>
>>28570992
I don't know, maybe recent dealings with the police and said gunsmith? Anything happens who the fuck do you think the cops are gonna go talk to?
>>
>>28570621
>loophole

I would have punched him in the face.
>>
>>28571266
federal law supersedes state law
>>
>>28571363
Let's see how many trips get felony convictions this year!
>>
>>28571363
You are soo cool. I want to be like you when I hit 14.
Fuck off.
>>
>>28571376
It wasn't a good feel
>>
>>28571363
OP is taking advantage of the complete lack of regulation of antique firearms to obtain a handgun below the age of 21. Bitch if you want but its a loophole.
>>
>>28571416
it's not a loophole though. It's specifically allowed by the law, written in plain writing. fucking gungrabbers don't seem to know what that actually means.
>muh gun show loophole that doesn't exist
>>
>>28571416
>regulation of antique firearms to obtain a handgun below the age of 21

Its called a private sale friend
Anyone can obtain a handgun in this manner
>>
>>28571466
Honestly OP, you could have probably avoided all this shit if you were more insistent on referring to it as an antique. You're seem to be treating it like a modern firearm by how you talk.
>>
>>28571416
Or he could just privately purchase any handgun after he's 18, which he must be if he's posting on /k/ :^)
>>
better than that other guy which the FFL destroyed his gun and neither cops nor ATF were willing to do anything about it.

And call the NRA or whatever local gun rights group.
>>
>>28570387
Is the pic the gun in question? What model is that H&R? Looks nice with the worn patina.
>>
>>28571584
>And call the NRA or whatever local gun rights group.
why would he do that if he's going to get his shit back in a few days?
>>
Pizza away
>>
Start throwing Gatorade bottles filled with piss and shit at the guys house for revenge. Put an MRE in one and put it on his door step. The gases will build up and explode shit and piss on his door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmH8rG_fFJk

>MRE Bomb
>>
>>28571521
I /only/ referred to it as an antique
dense motherfucker tried to steal it from me and I had to get the police involved
>>
>>28571266
Those KY feels
>>
>>28571363

quality posting as usual you fucking faggot
>>
Honestly, I would just avoid anybody if I had a pistol and under 21. There are so many tards that dont know the law and its just something to avoid altogether.
>>
>>28571376
But state/local governments are not obligated to enforce federal statutes.
Source: 10th Amendment

The problem is that instead of getting a visit from your friendly town sheriff, you get a visit from mister FBI/ATF/CIA/DEA/NSA/EPA/DOE
>>
OP I hope they gave you a receipt or something
I would not be surprised if those faggots go "hey, do we have an antique gun here? someone take one in on Saturday?" "no"
"sorry kid, we ain't got nothing"
>>
>>28571416

implying a required age of 21 even makes sense to begin with
>>
>>28571958
That's why I called the cops
>>
>>28570770

This is why you don't give up your only gun. Always have another gun in case you need to use it to get the first one back.
>>
>>28570686
>Implying any of this shit actually happened
>>
>>28571416

It's not a loophole because legally it is not a firearm.
>>
>>28571105
So?
>>
btw: learn to work on your own guns dumb fucks

I bet you niggers take your cars to a mechanic to get the oil changed too
>>
Though he clearly sperged out, I can understand being apprehensive of ATF trickery
>>
>>28572048
I may have embelshed the smith a small bit, but everything stated did happen, wasted six hours of my life and am down a broken antique until tuesday
>>
>>28571416
It's not a loophole.
Anything to do with the second amendment that involves "loopholes" is liberal horseshit.
>>
Statute 18 article G Chapter 61 subchapter A sections 6110, 6111, and 6118

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=61
>>
>>28572108
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>28572135
Trusts are a pretty clear example of a loophole.
>>
>>28572135
>>28572170

I feel that anybody who calls something not explicitly declared illegal via legislature a loophole is an authoritarian
>>
File: EDIT-7254.jpg (1MB, 2021x3032px) Image search: [Google]
EDIT-7254.jpg
1MB, 2021x3032px
>>28572086
normally I'd agree with you, but these little top breaks are a bit tricky unless you're really well tooled up and have some experience, I'll happily do a centerfire conversion on my swiss vetterli or peen the gas block spline on my garand, but I still haven't worked up the courage to deal with the cylinder gap issue on my H&R that I've owned for probably 6 years now
>>
>>28572190
loop·hole
noun
an ambiguity or inadequacy in the law or a set of rules.
>>
>>28572027
I meant the cops. Did they give you a receipt? Cops have a way of losing things that they take as evidence
>>
>>28572170
how so? because they put the gun in an entity's instead of a person's name? the person's name is on the trust anyway. idk
>>
Any info on H&R revolvers? Are they good?
>>
>>28571127
It is not a transfer.
There is no background check to recieve your own property back.
>>
>>28572300
wouldn't call them good... adequate maybe, for self defense in 1903 or earlier. much better alternatives started popping up after that.

they're neat because they're top breaks, but other then that they're pretty meh, triggers will suck, sights kinda suck, they frequently will have mechanical issues because they were cheap guns that got abused as people's EDC before getting thrown in a drawer and neglected for decades.
I bought this one >>28572202 years ago, but I've only shot it once in that time and another range trip with it is not especially high on my priority list. still take it out and play with it occasionally because I do like the mechanism.
>>
>>28572436
Thank you for your input.
>>
>>28570621
Fucking liberal antigun fags. Since when is shit that's legally allowed a fucking loophole?
>>
>>28571416

It's not a fucking loophole. Antique firearms are exempt, and private sales are exempted from the Youth Handgun Safety Act.

Exemptions are NOT loopholes, especially not when the gun grabbers who suggest they ARE loopholes are the ones who agreed to them in the first fucking place.
>>
File: M1889.jpg (29KB, 689x168px) Image search: [Google]
M1889.jpg
29KB, 689x168px
so, while we're on the subject of pre-1898 legalities, if I I buy a swiss model 1889 with it's 12 round box mag and bring it into new york or CT with their current ban on mags over 10 rounds, is it technicaly legal or not? the mag is technically "detachable" but is never actually supposed to be removed in practice except for cleaning, just like with the mag on the SMLE.
I'm pretty sure "It's a fucking antique rifle" should basically trump the magazine bullshit but it's pretty grey area.
>>
>>28574039
Probably, you should ask.

But the 1889 should only be shot with 7.5X53.5
>>
go to his house with a catch pan. go under one of his cars and drain all the oil out, then replace the drain plug. then let the engine seizing begin
>>
>few days after turning 18
>get "gifted" a pistol after paying a few hundred bucks to someone special

>terrified of incompetent cops so I carry around a copy of the laws with my gun in my car because I can't carry it yet outside of my car
>>
>>28570589
>police barracks
??????
you mean polizei station?
>>
>>28570936
you're not talking about this guy are you?

http://www.mhgunsmithing.com/
>>
>>28574850
>admitting a straw purchase

Fuck off, hope you both go to prison
>>
>>28574867
no, the staties have police barracks, refer to the eric frein incident
>>28574903
yeah. totally sperged out on me
>>
>>28575193
That blows man, his site is linked to on the local guy in Schwenskville that I use as my FFL. I was hoping it wasn't swamp pike, but I figured it wasn't since he doesn't do gunsmithing.
>>
>>28570658
Give us his name and place of business. I'll be happy to fuck with him and do what I can to ruin his credibility.
>>
>>28572752
That's generally the term whenever something that someone doesn't like isn't illegal.
>>
>>28571416
>loophole
kill yourself

you can buy a handgun in a private sale at 18 and pre 1899 firearms are not legally firearms, even if they take self enclosed cartridges.

OP should have done the right (bitch) move of calling his dad and having him knifehand that retarded fudd and call the goddamn police.
>>
>>28571363
Cunt.
>>
>Only have one local gunsmith
>Old retired Navy guy
>As fudd as fudd can be: shop is only hunting rifles, O/U shotguns, sporterized milsurp, single action revolvers, vintage S&W revolvers, and black powder
>Guy even CCs a 4.5" Gen 2 SAA
>Go in to get my beat up surplus Hi Power re blued
>Expect to get shit because it isn't a rimmed cartridge revolver or some shit
>We start talking
>Turns out throughout the 70s and 80s he worked with a whole bunch of top competition shooters
>Made PCC guns from S&W revolvers for famous competition shooters, two of which won national competitions with his guns
>He was S&W's very first company trained out of factory gunsmith from the early 70s
>Worked with Dan Wesson for a few years
>Knows everything there is to know about Browning's guns
>I only wanted the gun re blued and to remove the mag disconnect
>Leave and get a call when it's done and go pick it up
>He not only blues and removes the disconnect but polishes the feed ramp, gives it a (not super extensive but good enough and free) trigger job, and replaces the worn out surplus springs for only the cost of the bluing
>Tells me he always got shit on in the 70s by 1911fags because he was a huge Hi Power fan
>Says it was a treat because he doesn't see people bringing in Hi Powers into his shop much anymore
I'm thinking about having him rig up a PCC gun for me out of one of my old beat up surplus S&Ws because PCC revolvers are neat
>>
>>28570658
best thing to do? Begin spreading his name and business on forums online. It'll catch on in the community.
>>
>>28572436
You're wrong, when tbey return the gun to you it is a transfer, that does require a background check and you'd need to be 21 to get it back. Don't bother getting pistols under 21, its a pain in the ass to get ammo and work done
>>
>>28579040
it isn't a gun, it's a pre 1899 firearm. IE in the same legal category as a paperweight.

If OP wasn't so autistic he'd be walking into that place with his father and a lawyer on monday and asking to talk to whoever is high enough up the ladder to not have thier head up thier own ass.
>>
>>28570744
I work at pizza hut, I will make his life a living hell.
>>
>>28574917
Curious question, is it still a straw purchase if it's in the family. For example: say I got a job mowing lawns at 14 and saved up a few hundred dollars. Would it be legal to give my dad the money, walk into the gun store with him, point to the one I want and have him buy it with my money?

It's irrelevant now, since the last time I did that was a few years ago. I just wanna know if the gaytf would have fucked a 14 year old for his nugget.
>>
>>28579317
felony/10

but your dad can gift you a handgun of your choice at 18 and a rifle at 16 from an FFL and unrelatedly you can pay him $500 of backrent.
>>
>>28579068
I think this kinda answers this question-
>>28574039
because it's only an "ammunition magazine" if it is used by a firearm. since the M1889 is legally "a paperweight" and not a firearm, then its magazine is merely "a metal box that gp90 rounds happen to fit in" since there are no post-1898 firearms that will accept it.

it's all kinda moot anyway, since there are something like a few million unregistered mags in CT and people actively smuggling them in all the time and pretty much no fucks are given because the law is fucking unenforceable.
>>
>>28570483
This. California has lot's of fudd gunstores with just wild west stuff, hunting or ww2 guns.

Always look for tactical gunstores in CA, sure, lot's of mall nonja shit, but they won't freak out and know about bullet buttons, featureless builds and the like.

Hell, the rifle store I go to is a favorite of the cops.
>>
>>28579497

It's only a straw purchase if you buy a gun for someone who cannot legally own it, not necessarily someone who just can't buy it.
>>
>>28580351
that is literally, entirely wrong

have you even heard of Abramski v. US? You can buy a gun as a gift for someone, but if they pay you for it it's a straw purchase. Being absolutely unenforceable unless you literally pay with someones personal check with "for gun" in the memo line (like abramski v US), you can straw purchase a gun, consider it a gift, and be "gifted" the price you paid for aforementioned gun legally.
>>
>>28580351
That's the POINT of the law, but unfortunately not what the law actually says and so you're wrong.
>>
>>28580351
lol no, stop tryIng to mislead people into comitting felonies
>>
>>28579317
Okay,

A straw purchase is buying a gun on behalf of someone else.

Buying a gun for someone as a GIFT is perfectly legal.

If a buddy wants a gun that costs $400, he gives you $400 and tells you to go buy it. That is a straw purchase. Doesn't matter if he could have legally done it himself.

Say you want to give a buddy a $400 gun, you go in buy it and give it to him. That is fine.

If someone wants a gun for $386 and asks you to buy it and you buy it and give it to them, then later they give you $386 for "backrent" or "friendship fee" or w/e you're in a grey area
>>
>>28578957
That's pretty awesome
>>
>>28578957
>PCC
Meant PPC durr
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.