[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I'd never open carry because a badguy would just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 10

File: Open-Carry[1].jpg (57KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
Open-Carry[1].jpg
57KB, 600x395px
>"I'd never open carry because a badguy would just take the gun away from me or I'd be the first person he'd target in a shooting!"

Is there a single, recorded event of this ever happening or is this just a fuddlore meme?
>>
Probably happened some for people without retention holsters.

Has probably happened almost zero times for retention holsters, especially type 2 and above.
>>
>>28567760
It's so fucking obvious that statistics aren't even necessary.

OC puts you in danger
>>
>>28567760
Logic is hard

You lose the element of surprise that is so critical for a CHL carrier
>>
>>28567794
There's one story that gets trotted out every time of some guy having his Walther P22 taken from him because he was sitting in the middle of the ghetto in the middle of the night in the middle of the street paying no damn attention to anything around him.

Literally the only story I've heard of this happening.
>>
>>28567794
>Has probably happened almost zero times for retention holsters

>implying you can't be shot if you are wearing a retention holster
>>
>>28567760
one individual person open carrying just draws unwanted attention, if everybody open carried there would drastically less crime.

a polite society is an armed society.
>>
>>28567760
>I'd be the first person he'd target in a shooting
>Is there a single, recorded event of this ever happening or is this just a fuddlore meme?

Yes. Green on Blue attacks in Afghanistan happen exactly like this, the first targets always end up being American and coalition soldiers who are armed, unarmed personnel are targets of opportunity. It's also the natural instinct of every attacker to prioritize the biggest noticeable threat, in this case, the idiots open-carrying.
>>
>>28567760
No idea, but while we're on the subject of open carry
>be me, listening to npr
>story about oc now legal in Texas
>interview two BLACK gun instructors on what they carry and how no one stares at them
>talk a little about how oc has not led to numerous O.K. Corral style shootouts
>interview young trendy guy and girl millenials who have "just gotten their pistol permit"
>guy talks about how dumb oc is and you're just putting a target on your back
>girl starts shrieking and screaming about how oc'ers are just edgy men children who want to intimidate, scare, and get a rise out of people
>actually starts screaming on radio about how they have tiny penises with their guns and big trucks

Goddamn that pissed me off. Five bucks says they didn't have their "pistol licenses."
>>
>>28567828
>American criminals are literally afghani terrorists
Do you realize how retarded you sound?
>>
>>28567760
Think of how often this is an issue for cops. Even moreso for your average cunt with an average holster.
>>
>>28567833

Talking about this article?

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/15/463184909/texas-new-open-carry-law-unpopular-among-some-gun-owners

I saw it too. Back when they were going to legalize suppressors here, NPR played some interview with a MDA-type who was hysterical that silencers would lead to hitmen silently assassinating targets and a mass shooting every day, but no interviews with pro-gun people.

NPR usually has good reporting, but their bias is easy to spot.
>>
>>28567760
the community is constantly looking for even the slightest edge. they will change recoil springs to prevent porpoising, they mill slides to remove a little weight, they coat internals with teflon nickel to reduce friction, upgrade sights, grips, triggers, barrels... etc for any small advantage in a fight.

OC is giving up such a **Massive** Advantage to almost be relegated to complete retardation.
>>
>>28567796
>It's so fucking obvious that statistics aren't even necessary.

Welcome to gun grabber logic anon.
>>
>>28567877
You're trolling right?
>>
>>28567760
Yes. Here in georgia there was a pawnshop where one of the employess was open carrying (I think he was the only guy working there, the rest were females) and to start the robbery the two guys shot him in the head then robbed the store.
>>
>>28567847
>Cops are never killed by being shot in the back
>>
>>28567853
Yup, that's the one. Yeah their bias does tend to slip out on the gun control reporting. Although, one of their shows, think it might have been radiolab, actually did a pretty decent little bias story on guns a few months ago.
>>
>>28567760
That's not the reason I don't open carry. The real reason is that it's socially acceptable here to conceal but only guys with dick problems and cops carry open. Same reason I dint wear tats on my face or wear a swastika cape.
>>
>>28567910
no

surrendering the advantage of surprise should not be understated. not only are you giving up a massive advantage point you cross over into putting yourself at a disadvantage to criminals that retain it.
>>
>>28567919
>to start the robbery the two guys shot him in the head then robbed the store.

What exactly stops them from shooting him in the head if he's not carrying at all?

That's not exactly the realm of fantasy anon.

In fact a Cumberland farms in my home city about two years ago was robbed. The guy and his girlfriend who robbed it shot the kid behind the counter as they walked out.

He wasn't open carrying.
>>
>>28567921
>cops are shot in the back merely for open carrying
>>
>>28567804
I was addressing the gun being grabbed from your own holster, not the targeting for OCing.
>>
I see a civilian with a gun on his hip and I instantly feel like I'm in danger just by being around that person. Either because someone is going to grab that gun or he's going to see the wrong person eyeing his gun and shoot someone. Why open carry?
>>
>>28567760

>Asks for sources, wondering if this actually happens or if it's just theoretical and anecdotal evidence
>People just provide theories and anecdotal evidence

Way to prove OP right, guys.
>>
>I personally would not choose to open carry outside specific situations (Hunting, on my own property, etc)
>But I have no problem and fully support people open carrying
>>
>>28567760

It does happen, tactically the advantage is for CC over OC: http://www.kptv.com/story/26729956/man-openly-carrying-new-gun-in-gresham-robbed-by-armed-man

In LEO shooting death statistics anywhere from 25-75% are killed with their own gun, depending upon the year.
>>
>>28568024
Get out, dumbass
>>
http://kron4.com/2016/01/05/man-practicing-open-carry-law-robbed-of-gun/
>>
>>28567833
>>guy talks about how dumb oc is and you're just putting a target on your back
>>girl starts shrieking and screaming about how oc'ers are just edgy men children who want to intimidate, scare, and get a rise out of people
>>actually starts screaming on radio about how they have tiny penises with their guns and big trucks

OMG I heard the same interview NPR here in Austin. I almost lost my shit listening to that one, it was so embarrassing.
>>
>>28567760
In certain parts of south america, police officers are targeted for their guns. criminals will literally walk up and shoot them, snatch their piece, and run.
>>
>>28567760
Fudds don't think you should have handguns, why would they have lore about CHL's being better? Poorly memed.
>>
>>28568034

This is the same board that talks about jets and tanks and shit, yet only a fraction of this board has ever been near one. Let alone operated these machines to the point they can discuss them. They just argue numbers and MUH COUNTRY BETTA UH HUH.

Same thing with people that don't have guns.
>>
>>28567824
you got it backwards you dyslexic faggot...

an armed society is a police society...
>>
>>28567760
Beats me, but there are a few accounts of OC fagtards being robbed at gunpoint:

http://koin.com/2014/10/07/man-practicing-open-carry-law-robbed-of-gun/

I wouldn't expect someone so fucking stupid he OC's to grasp the concept, but when you OC you surrender all tactical advantage of surprise, so it wouldn't startle me at all to hear of a future mass shooting where an OCer was the first victim.
>>
>>28567847
Nice counter-argument.
>>
there's no good reason to open carry
it's like walking around in a sleeveless shirt to show off your muscles

pathetic and unimpressive
>>
File: hqdefault(4).jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(4).jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>28568102
same concept you'll coward
>>
>>28567824
>a polite society is an armed society.
yes because everyone would be afraid of slighting someone else and not knowing if they would blow your head off in anger
>>
>>28567760
just imagine if everyone in america open carried on a daily basis.

instead of talking about the weather by default people would talk about guns.

sounds like a damn good and safe society to me.
>>
>>28568089
Hell, I'm in Virginia and I almost lost my shit
>>
>>28567998
>The guy and his girlfriend who robbed it shot the kid behind the counter as they walked out.
>He wasn't open carrying.
If he was open carrying they'd have shot him on the way in.
>>
>>28568034
Kirkwood shooting, 2008. The perpetrator shot the officers first to prevent himself from being shot before he was done murdering the town council meeting.
>>
>>28568135
Let me guess, you're fat?
>>
File: OpenCarry2.jpg (274KB, 960x958px) Image search: [Google]
OpenCarry2.jpg
274KB, 960x958px
>>28568024
>Civilian
Are you active duty? If not, you're a fucking civilian too. If you are active duty, that still doesn't make you special or anymore qualified to handle firearms. Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>28568135
Thank you Mr. Skeletal.
>>
>>28568068
>>28568082
>Dude is in the ghetto at 2am
>Unloaded gun in a shitty holster
>Being surprised he got it stolen
>>
File: robbed.png (76KB, 699x693px) Image search: [Google]
robbed.png
76KB, 699x693px
>>28567760

enjoy your proof, faggot.
>>
File: IMG_12406959562857.jpg (53KB, 543x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_12406959562857.jpg
53KB, 543x409px
>>28568212
>At this point, what difference does it make?
>>
>>28568068
>>28568082
>>28568089
>>28568113
>>28568317
>1 case of exceptional stupidity proves a rule
>>
>>28568279
nah, but i'm not going to claim that i'm a tough guy either. i just think it's stupid for anyone to be that insecure and afraid
>>
File: efpevolution.jpg (282KB, 1152x621px) Image search: [Google]
efpevolution.jpg
282KB, 1152x621px
>>28568338
>give me proof
>I refuse to accept the proof you give me - give me proof
>>
>>28568354
I'm not the OP and wasn't the one asking for proof. I'm pointing out the lack of evidence. One guy in a ghetto being retarded doesn't mean OC is a bad idea. It means OC in the ghetto at 2am with an unloaded .22lr and not paying attention to what's around you means you're a fucking retard who deserved to have your shit stolen.

Most people who bother to go through the trouble of OC (especially where it's licensed) aren't going to be that stupid.

What you and the other anons are doing is literally like me saying women drivers are horrible because one cut me off one time, and just repeating that story every time driving comes up.
>>
>>28567760
I just prefer to keep a low profile, so CC is more my style. I don't like being stared at.
>>
>>28567760

The only case of it happening that I've heard of is the one already posted about the dude in the ghetto at night. But I don't really care much for OC. I did it for a few years because CC wasn't allowed until I was 21, and it was somewhat uncomfortable being out and about with a visible gun, even if it was the most pro gun area ever. My situational awareness was always super high and every time I would walk past someone I would make sure to position myself in a way to defend against someone trying to snatch my gun. If that's for you, fine, but I CC now and it lets me be more calm and I really don't notice a difference in draw speed.

I would also like to point out to the people of this thread that there is a difference between cops and regular guys OCing. A criminal may target a cop first because he's decked out head to toe in a cop uniform, while that same criminal may not have been able to spot a seemingly average dude with a pistol on his hip.

>>28568230

Holy shit, the mayor got shot twice in the head with a .40 and lived.
>>
I don't CC my axe or knife, why am I going to CC my firearm ? Just cause you guys are bunch of city boys doesn't make OC bad.
>>
>>28567760
http://www.kptv.com/story/26729956/man-openly-carrying-new-gun-in-gresham-robbed-by-armed-man

This happened where I live.
>>
>>28567760
There was a guy that was open carrying that got robbed of his piece at my local Walmart, they followed him into the bathroom and robbed him of it.
>>
If your CCW then your okay because you are not being arrested immediately on sight and you will not be killed immediately on sight by some cop or jamal or tyrone or who ever the fuck and also NO ONE KNOWS YOU HAVE A FUCKING GODDAMN GUN SO NO FUCKING IMMEDIATE DRAMA BULLSHIT BY THE PUBLIC!!!

Thats why ccw is better than oc because if your oc then everything I have stated above would be 100% the opposite!!!

Now look open carry is one thing when it is just out in the county or on your land but open carrying in public places like campuses, malls, parks and government places then your at that point just pure asking to get arrested or to be shot either way besides conceal carry is better because at least when like for example your in a store and some jamal guy goes in and goes all crazy and the guy next to you is open carrying well jamal is gonna shoot the oc guy first but your conceal carrying and he doesn't know you have a gun so when he goes to turn his back on you then you take your gun out and shoot his jamal ass and there you saved the day and your alive but the oc guy what did he prove well he's dead because jamal saw he had a gun and he was the first to go so there you go there is your fucking reason!

Also open carrying does not make all the niggies run away like little bitches all the time so you don't go throwing that shit at me because just because this other nigger ran off from the sight does not mean that all and every single individual niggers would run off when they see a gun! It's just like saying that if a burglar ran off from the sound of your shotgun going click-clack! Does not mean that all burglars will run off when they hear your shotgun being pumped.

Conceal carry is a common sense and it does not give gun owners a bad view but open carrying faggots go around and just draw attention to themselves and give the libtards more ammo to throw shit at us because of an open carrying jackass.

Conceal Carry +1

Open carry -0

Check mate open carry fags
>>
>>28568666
Racist piece of shit
>>
>>28568604
This. If you're ashamed of owning/carrying guns, then sell them faggots.
>>
>>28568675
Are you new here?
>>
>bending over to libcucks because you don't want to upset them or "draw attention" to expressing your right to have a gun to defend yourself
>being scared of someone shooting you first or taking your gun instead of gitting gud at drawing and situational awareness and getting a good holster

topkek
>>
>>28568137
you might want to check into a psych ward
>>
Open carry is /comfy/ as fuck if I'm going to the range or innawoods, but those are the only times I'd consider doing it. I'm not afraid of being a target or having the gun taken away from me, I just want to pick up bread and milk without having some crazy soccer mom come up to me and ask "Why do you NEED that?!?" Simple as that.
>>
OC in a level 3 retention holster with armor, smooth sailing
>>
>>28568024
You might need a psych ward too
>>
>>28567760

>serpa

Get even a little snow in that mechanism and not even you are getting the gun out.
>>
>>28567921
>incidents of police being targeted because of their easily identifiable uniforms have gotten so bad that they are all now plainclothes
>>
>>28568604
>I don't CC my axe or knife
>axe
You openly walk around with an axe strapped to you? Are you kidding?
>>
>>28568767
>bending over to libcucks because you don't want to upset them or "draw attention" to expressing your right to have a gun to defend yourself

I don't see how not wanting to draw attention to myself is "bending over to liberals." I just prefer to keep a low profile. Not every gun owner is on some crusade to
>express muh gun right
>>
>>28568290
Calm down, man. I am a civilian. I was only trying to make a distinction between seeing a cop with a gun on his hip vs. some yokel
>>
File: Ruby Ridge the Animated series.jpg (17KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby Ridge the Animated series.jpg
17KB, 512x384px
>>28568024
>I see a civilian
>civilian
>>
>>28568024
You must be a northerner.
>>
I want this anti-OC meme to stop. It's very subversive.
>>
Look up Massad Ayoobs thoughts on the subject
>>
>>28569040
Won't ever stop, its a divide and conquer tactic that the ATF and FBi spread on /k/ so gun owners are at each others throats.
>>
File: 1442878106593.jpg (33KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442878106593.jpg
33KB, 720x720px
>>28567796
>I think, therefore facts are irrelevant
>>
>>28569025
I am but I've lived in the midwest and the south for the last 7 years. There's a reason why the places that are the most poor and least educated are also the ones who walk around with guns on their hip.
>>
>>28568024

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
>>
>>28568102
Wrong.

There would be a lot less police from the force saturation who would be way more hesitant on messing with other civilians.

Police don't make skyscrapers, civilians do. So an armed society can increase their productivity without paying millions per cop to do nothing but fuck around.
>>
>>28569499

Deputizing and empowering law abiding citizens is the only way to protect America from over reaching Feds and dindus.
>>
Yes, someone bigger and stronger can easily disarm you, despite all the retention -fu you think you know. That's why open carry is a stupid idea: it negates the advantage of being armed.
>>
Police have been shot with their own guns. Of course it can happen to the public who open-carry.
>>
>>28567760
It's even worse that putting Pro-Gun stickers on your house or car. You are needlessly putting yourself at risk
>>
>>28567833
You're just too easily offended.

Yeah they interview a couple of retards, but guess what? Most people, even gun owners, are retarded and can't eloquently defend their position in the 5 seconds it takes to get a sound bite. Anti-gun girl came out sounding really retarded though, and most people will see it that way.

Also the majority of the interview was about how OC affected CC, which it fucking has and it pisses me off. Almost everywhere I go, they've put up 30.06 and 30.07 where before they had nothing.
>>
>>28569716
Yeah, I don't get ppl who think putting an NRA sign in their front yard keeps undesirables away. What it really says is...
>Guns in house. Break in and take them when I leave for work.
>>
>>28567833
I caught that, too.
The black couple were the first two they interviewed and they ended their opening statement with "OH, AND WE'RE BLACK."
Couple of race baiting shitheads. I was really disappointed NPR aired that, they're normally much better than that.
>>
>>28568102
>an armed society is a police society
the most polite societies just happen to be in countries with unarmed citizens and some times even unarmed police
>>
>>28569942
I agree, it puts you life and property at risk
>>
>>28568858
>Living among the snow niggers

You yankees are funny as shit.
>>
>>28568935
Not him, but I carry an axe in the front seat of my car, it's handy.

>>28568977
Cops are civilians, dumbass.
>>
>>28568977
cops are civilians too retard
>>
>>28569821
If you are concealed carrying, they won't notice. If they do notice and you can't afford a $100 fine, then stop being poor.
>>
>2016
>giving your opponent the tactical advantage of knowing you are armed
>>
>>28570197
>2016
>Having my arms amputated so I can assure my "opponent" filled world that I am no threat
>>
>>28569072
The fact is you are putting yourself in more danger. But likely won't fuck with you.
>>
>>28568136
You're a fucking retard, kill yourself.
>>
>>28568097

Except wheel-guns.
>>
>>28570191
I'm not a fat fuck, so I tend to print.
Which, by the way, is perfectly fine to do in Texas when you are CC legally, so I don't get why so many faggots bring up printing as an excuse for OC.

Also not poor either, but if some cucked judge wants to they can give you up to a year of jail time which of course WILL make me poor.
>>
>>28568666
If everyone OC'd there would be fewer issues.
>>
>>28570197

well in theory simply OCing would be enough to prevent a confrontation since the offending party knows you have a gun.

CCing gives you an advantage in a confrontation but still has the issue of a confrontation starting in the first place.
>>
>>28570298
>if some cucked judge wants to they can give you up to a year of jail time

Umm, no retard, the punishment for carrying in a place with a 30.06 sign was changed to a class C misdemeanor, no jail time. Your stupidity is probably why you are poor.
>>
>>28570315
The problem is that some people may be deterred by the OC, while others may see it as an opportunity.
>>
No.
>>
Scratch that we should ban open carry because it happened once. We should also ban guns because there is a mass shooting every single day.
>>
>>28567760
They wouldn't just try to grab it. They'd smash you in the back on the head and take it while you're knocked out. Or, if you're somewhere with bad enough crime, they'll probably shoot you and take it.
>>
>>28570338
Okay, I didn't notice the change from Class A to Class C.

It's still fucking retarded to have to break the law like a nigger just because you stupid fucks can't just leave something that works alone. Also, I probably make more money off of dividends than you do at your job.
>>
File: 15nkqwp.gif (943KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
15nkqwp.gif
943KB, 245x285px
>>28570435
>I probably make more money off of dividends than you do at your job.

Yet, you're not smart enough to pick up a newspaper or follow a story on an avocation you have a interest in, right...
>>
I think I've heard of one other instance previously of an open carrier being robbed of his gun at gunpoint where it wasn't 2 AM. Don't remember the source though
Still, a whopping TWO incidents
I think open carry is dumb when concealed carry is an option, but that being said there's no reason people shouldn't be able to do it.
If anything I think there needs to be open carry laws just so that you can take your jacket off and such without suddenly breaking the law
>>
>>28570501
This man gets it.
>>
>California
>open carry
>no one got shot
>no one waved a gun around
>liberals were scared so they legislated it out of existenec
>>
>>28570570
Can you even conceal carry in Cali?
>>
>>28570597
if you're in a county not near the coast, yes, because those areas are reasonable. if you're near the coast, no, because that's where all the liberals congregate. the only way you can get a license is if you have some big bucks to contribute to someone
>>
>>28570288
Not even those. The term comes from Elmer Fudd, and refers to those who only want people to be able to own hunting firearms, generally they don't want semiautos around at all, even if they are sporting rifles and shotguns. A fudd doesn't think you should have handguns at all because they aren't good fer nothin' but killin'. Someone being a fudd isn't about them liking old things, it's about them only wanting to hunt.
>>
Anyone have that Facebook image of an SJW queer talking about disarming police officers and shooting them?
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.