[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHTF Planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 13

File: shtf.jpg (158KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
shtf.jpg
158KB, 347x346px
Thread to discuss ideas and methodology for surviving SHTF. Time for some real talk about painful truths.
Background: Married, professional, 4 yr old daughter. Live in suburbs, near a large city but not too close. Have only a couple of weapons (12 gauge pump shotgun, Ruger 10/22).
The plan: Using a separate bank account and PO box I secured a small piece of land in the mountains. My wife has no knowledge of this. I build a small, mostly underground, 2 room shelter and stocked it with supplies. This will be my destination. I have supplies for one person to make it at least a year, and enough land for a garden to supplement it. A small creek nearby can provide additional water (I have filters). My likely plan will be to tell my wife I am going out to check on a neighbor, and then driving to my shelter.

Problems: First the wife. Do I leave her the 10/22 or bring it with me in case I need to hunt small game? I can see both ways. If roving hoards attack she will surely be raped/murdered. Do I leave the 10/22 so she has the suicide option for her and our daughter if needed? I almost think it would just get captured so might as well take it with me. Second problem – daughter. She will likely be killed or sold into sex slavery. I am not too worried about it since we can have another. Do I chance bringing a child with me or is it better to let them take their chances at home?

Final part of the plan is to act like I was kidnapped if SHTF is resolved quickly. That way my wife will treat me like a returning hero and will never know the difference.
>>
Get another 10/22?
>>
>>28567600
you're fucked up desu

>abandoning wife
>abandoning loli
>live in the woods for a year

just save up longer and make your mud hut 3x bigger, you massive fuckup senpai
>>
File: 1353801353725.jpg (126KB, 612x528px) Image search: [Google]
1353801353725.jpg
126KB, 612x528px
>>28567600
Execute your wife and daughter

try to contact a bunch of kommandos
become a group of communist bandits

fuck shit up
>>
>>28567661
The point is I don't want the extra baggage when I am at my shelter- more mouths to feed, harder to stay hidden, etc.
>>
>>28567600
Hehe theyre going to run a train on your wife and daughter, white boi
>>
>>28567673
>implying I won't slaughter you for being a commie and makeing you an example to stop the spread of shit head communism
>>
>>28567600
Abandoning your wife and kid to go build your LOOSHELTER after shtf. If it's not already ready by then forget about it. Abandoning your wife and child makes you a degenerate piece of shit. Seriously I hope something collapses on you and pins you to the ground while your alone and you have to die slowly and alone. Fucking useless coward.
>>
>>28567600
Umm.... Anon, if you are not truly autistic then it's time to see a doctor.
You should have compassion for your fellow man INCLUDING your family
Jesus dude, you're the man of the house.
Take the women with you to the bunker
>>
ITT: paranoid autistic manchildren
>>
>>28567709
>The commie hater is the one that is okay with abandoning family and having them raped/murdered
But you know those pinko communist bastards running around being evil andbshit
>>
>>28567733
Ever tried to raise a kid? Now try it in the woods. Not happening.
>>
File: prepper-1.jpg (158KB, 964x618px) Image search: [Google]
prepper-1.jpg
158KB, 964x618px
Preppers, man.
>>
>>28567709
>no objection at all to the idea of killing your family

>positively butt blasted that anon would think you'd join a commie militia

Never change /k/. Never change
>>
>>28567740
>Abandoning family
You wot m8? I'm not OP
>>
>>28567743
You're telling me that humans originate in suburbs? If retarded cave men can do it then so can you
Since its shtf you can use different parenting styles to control your daughter
>>
Your not really a father. If you are then your a piece of shit.

How in the fuck could you just abandon them? As a father/husband it is your job to make sure they make it through any situation safely

With that in mind you firstly make it to them at any cost. Then you get to your land and weather the storm together like a good fucking man
>>
>>28567743
Your genetic purpose is protecting and providing for her and the children you make. If you lack that you don't deserve your man card. You are a not a man.
>>
>>28567770
>>28567772
>can remarry
>can have more kids
>>
>>28567753
Not gunna lie mad jelly
>>28567761
Holy shit I'm not OP
>>
>>28567600
>>28567690
>>28567743

There is no way you're married or a father.

On the extremely slim chance you are you need real help.
>>
>>28567778
Your so fucking beta it hurts. You goING to abandon them too? Can't wait to see your kids that survive cap your useless ass when they find you. You really aren't a man
>>
Fucking sage for this faggot OP
>>
Op here, really just looking for SHTF advice and not morals lesson. Forget them, tell me the wepons or methods you would use, alone at a shelter in the woods, to stay alive.
>>
>>28567818
No go fuck yourself. Sage
>>
>>28567826
sjw go away

how many .22 rounds should I store for roughly a year of small game hunting?
>>
all this bait.jpg
>>
File: stencil01.png (81KB, 780x863px) Image search: [Google]
stencil01.png
81KB, 780x863px
>>28567818
ANTMAN GTFO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28567842
Eat a dick puss
>>
Trolls pls go

My plan is to have a few thousand rounds at the shelter, and maybe 500 in the car just in case. The problem is we are a one car family and I don't want my wife to find hoarded ammo in the trunk.
>>
File: 1449928029872.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1449928029872.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>28567945
a few thousand rounds of ammo gets you a bj in SHTF anon
>>
>>28567818
>alone
you already screwed up
>>
>>28567978
It even has pig nose.
>>
>>28567600

if you are a father you should know that loyalty to your spouse and offspring trumps both convenience and even survival, you're a fucking sociopath
>>
>>28567842
>"sjw go away"
>Literally someone telling you how to not be an objectively bad person
I guess Ant Man married that girl and had a kid
>>
>>28567690
You're either full of shit about being married with a kid or deserve the inevitable cucking you're bound to recieve

I hope your kid gets a cool stepdad sempai
>>
You know what the problem with these threads are, the way to survive different terrible situations are all different. We never elaborate on the specifics.

What are we talking about here?

Commie invasion?

Government turns more evil than usual?

Super-sized natural disaster?

Pissed off the Crips?

Trump elected president?
>>
>abandoning potential bartering chips/human shields
you weren't meant to survive
>>
>>28568231
>>28568439
>>28568200
>>28567795
>>28567793
>>28567772
>>28567770
>>28567729
The OP makes this exact same thread about where he creates a fictional family that he plans to abandon for the sake of trolling. Nothing about this is legitimate, it's a massive shitpost.
>>
>>28567600
Wow. You know that a solo person dies quick, right? Given that you are wanting to abandon your wife and kid I say go for it. The world will be better off without you.

I personally would rather have 2 months supply for 8 then a year for one. I can always forage with others for more food. Plus I can rest easier knowing someone is on watch.

"And from my expirience, you can not survive alone, strength is in the numbers, be close with your family, prepare with them, choose your friends wisely and prepare with them too."
http://tacticalintelligence.net/blog/shtf-survival-qa-a-first-hand-account.htm
>>
File: 1452453402711.png (334KB, 308x459px) Image search: [Google]
1452453402711.png
334KB, 308x459px
>>28568462
>pretending to be retarded is more acceptable than actually being retarded
>pretending to be retarded isn't actually retarded
>I was... I-I mean HE was only pretending, you guys!
>>
File: lol149.jpg (132KB, 400x545px) Image search: [Google]
lol149.jpg
132KB, 400x545px
>>28567753
Where are de gunz?
>>
>>28567762
You need to make sure to point that out then next time
>>
File: SCS_Bandits.png (139KB, 250x307px) Image search: [Google]
SCS_Bandits.png
139KB, 250x307px
>>28567673
>shtf
>change name to yoga
>makes group of kommandos
>asks what to call group
>kommandos dont give a fuck, group has no name for now
>We start raiding the city nearby, gathering booty and drinking vodka
>other factions form, forced to moved into nearby forests
>some fucktard named strelok kills my buddies
>2 years later, still surviving, building back up
>cheesewheel named scar raids our base
>kills my fellow kommandos
>kills me
>i've become a true bandit.
>>
>>28567600

It is readily obvious you have neither a wife nor a child.
>>
>>28567600
The poi nt of SHTF planning is makins sure you and yours ride out the storm. You're missing the point if you abandon your wife and child (unless you got cukked m8).
>>
>>28567600
Is this the autism containment board
>>
>>28567690
what kind of father are you man

like is your wife and daughter both retarded and crippled? Because then that might make sense

sounds to me more like you just hate being tied down in a family as you're a fucking degenerate symptom of the putrid illness permeating modern society
>>
>>28569264
It's a fucking TROLL

HE'S EVEN DONE THIS BEFORE
>>
>>28567818
going to the woods is a great idea and will definitely not get you killed faggot
>>
>>28569192
>>28568200
>>28567793
he wouldn't exactly be the first guy in history to run out on his family
it's fucked up but some people do this

but if he does this I don't think returning to his wife is an option, people are smart enough to figure out that he abandoned them
>>
>>28568588
>being this mad
pretending to be retarded is like the most common way to troll people the only people that get mad over this are the ones who were actually trolled
>>
>>28569230
10/10 bait, everyone is taking it
And OP, to critique your 'plan" - that creek aint gonna stay a creek over summer and winter.

You need to stock up on water. Store it underground.

Talk about a camping trip as an excuse to introduce your family to the land.

Talk to local fudds. Find out what game is innawoods. you cannon rely on squirrel.

Learn what factors drive animals away. You can lay food blocks and salt licks out but deer will always go to where real food is.

Teach your daughter to use the 10/22 and find a .243 bolt gun, teach your wife to shoot.

Find a good .308 and have the muzzle threaded. Buy an AR.

If you plan on farming, set up a dry practice so you arn't wondering why your broccili is muddy as shit and why its all washing downhill.

fucking northerners
>>
>>28569301
niggers do too
>>
This'll be fun. Lay some reality on me, senpai.

I live in small town Texas, have an arsenal of semi-autos, bolt actions, and a shotgun. As it stands, I'm ready to hop in my Ram and bug out with my guns in the event of a SHTF scenario.

My five year plan involves building an off road rig out of a Ramcharger - swapping a 12v Cummins and heavy duty axles/suspension onto the nigh indestructible frame. Auxiliary fuel, water tank, gas generator, long range CB, and other essentials will turn it into a moving fortress. Intending to buy and sell my arsenal until I have a dedicated weapon for every scenario.

ie, Ruger 10/22 for Varmints, Mossberg 930 SPX for close encounters, M&P15 5.56 for anti-personel, M&P9 for sidearm, and a Remington 700 CDL for game hunting. Ideally, I'd have a surplus of 1000 rounds for each firearm, excepting the .308 and 12ga which would be acceptable at 400-500 rounds.

The plan is to load up both my Ramcharger and the Ram with supplies, giving me and my wife a back up vehicle in the worst case scenario. We'd head north, potentially all the way into Canada, until we could find a relatively safe plot of land to settle and wait out the scenario.

Both of us have hunting, survivalist, and gardening experience that should get us by as far as basic sustainability. I'm an experienced contractor and know how to build shelters and defensive structures. I have the tools to get things done and the experience to accomplish.

Presumably, I'd contact a few trusted friends to convene with us either to convoy north or meet up at a designated safe place.

Where's the flaw in my planning?
>>
File: taketothesea.jpg (198KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
taketothesea.jpg
198KB, 1366x768px
>>28569972
There are weaknesses in your personnel selection and destination. It would be an uphill battle, but if you can keep your vehicle(s) fueled and running you might make it.

You barely have enough ammo, not enough guns. Handguns for everybody, and more than one AR & shotgun each I'd hope.

Really the plan to drive all the way across the US into the Yukon unharmed is ludicrous. Get comfortable on the water

>captcha
>>
>>28567600
At least take your daughter with you
>>
>>28567690
You can't maintain watch 24/7 yourself.
>>
File: murica.png (69KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
murica.png
69KB, 1200x900px
/k/ is the easiest board to troll.
Every single day these amerifats take the bait. Is it your education? Fucking inbreds
>>
No my wife and daughter are not retarded. They are both fairly athletic. I guess what it boils down to is I don't want them eating my food, and I don't want to listen to their whining.
>>
>>28570096

Really, the plan is mostly to take the least travelled roads and go off road where necessary. Building the Ramcharger is a bigger priority than anything else because of its massive value in all terrain situations. The guns I listed are just what I want for my own use. My Enfield, shotgun, and maybe one of my AK47s will probably stay in my possession for a starter arsenal for my wife.

Interior Manitoba would be the farthest we'd likely travel. I just intend to locate a remote stretch of liveable land and hole up. Ideally, far from people and with decent hunting in the region.

My plan is to avoid people, but I've got little love for my fellow man and a massive distrust of strangers even in normal situations.
>>
>>28567600
>ITT anon fantasizes about how he can abandon his family

Just get a divorve, fag
>>
>>28569260
you can't contain this much autism
>>
File: good plan.jpg (397KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
good plan.jpg
397KB, 700x700px
>>28569972
you have another flaw in your plan in that it relies on a Chrysler product not breaking at the literally most inopportune moment possible.
>>
>>28567690
You might take them with yourself and eat them while you are at it, edgelord.

And good fucking luck surviving all by yourself.
>>
>>28571276

I'd love to see a K5 blazer do half the shit a Diesel Ramcharger is capable of. The thing is essentially a tank. It'll have the single most universally acclaimed Diesel engine powering it. There is no flaw in my vehicle choice other that sheer mass, and that's subjective. Police blockade? Motherfucker please, enjoy trying to chase me down in your broke in half plastic crumble zone toy.
>>
holy shit op, kill yourself. i am beyond raging. who the fuck would abandon a small child?
>>
File: mad max road warrior.jpg (246KB, 1200x806px) Image search: [Google]
mad max road warrior.jpg
246KB, 1200x806px
You will never live through a Mad Max scenario.
Sorry, but it just won't happen. At best you might get a couple days of looting and chaos like Katrina, but you aren't going to become a road warrior.

Your best bet (no matter what happens) will be to pack your shit and leave.
>>
>>28572126

I dream that my inevitable exodus to the frozen north will bring me to car combat rednecks in jacked up silveraydos.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.