[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>Assault Rifle
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 46
>Assault Rifle
>>
>>28562785
The guys who approved the gun art direction in fallout 4 our twats.

>Hype up the new shooting mechanics
>have shit guns.

fuck bethesda.
>>
>>>/v/

FO4 was the worst game in the series... pretty bad when I think FO3 was better, but it was. Glad I pirated that shit.
>>
>>28562785
the assualt rifle makes me cringe :/
>>
File: wood and steel.jpg (123 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wood and steel.jpg
123 KB, 800x600
>>28562785
it is an assault rifle... for a guy in powerarmor. and called "machinegun" in the game files with "assault rifle" being the unfinished chinese assault rifle

the thing you should be asshurt about is that it is the only goddamn gun in the game chambered in 5.56 yet there are "5mm" miniguns. And that the combat rifle is chambered in .45acp instead of 5.56 yet upgrades to a .308 receiver.

And that the combat rifle is the same model as the (breddy sweet) combat shotgun instead of a garand action (pretty much a mini14 that you can upgrade into a M1a), playing to the retrofuturistic image of a divergent history where we nuke the shit out of a lot more people in WWII
>>
>>28563015
The compensator attachment makes me cringe too

And so does the "suppressor" for the gauss rifle
>>
>>28562785
this
>>
>>28563015
Hmmmbhnmgbn. .hk├Žknb.fnckgngtujrnfbbftgbffbx
>>
>>28563015
How about the fact that every fucking gun in the game is left handed
>>
>>28563016
The minigun is fucking garbage.
>>
>>28562827
>our twats
>they're twats, but they're our twats

How affectionate.
>>
>>28563016
The NCR service rifle is just an AR15 with a more traditional charging handle and wood furniture, which we see from honest hearts is just a post-apocalypse remake of an American rifle (also proves that one of the constants of the universe is that America will use an AR platform no matter what).

My point is I would rather see an AR with more boner inducing walnut furniture.

>>28562827
I think they clearly wanted some WW1 look to it, and to be fair I don't think they did a bad job in that regard. The problem is that for an "assault rifle", it doesn't make much sense. It's ridiculously fucking heavy, does a shocking amount of damage with a few mods (semi auto + advanced receiver), and just looks huge. Ironically, as weird as the sights are, the dot and ring holo sight work perfectly with it.

If it was a power armor rifle or LMG these flaws could easily be forgiven. I can forgive a SAW style gun for being about 20 pounds loaded, why not. I can't forgive a common infantry gun for being that fucking huge.


>>28562842
FO:NV is the best of the modern three Fallouts in many ways. Maybe not all ways, but enough to be my favorite. That said, I like the new power armor system, I think its nice they make it more than just a suit of armor you can just swap out of like a hoodie and sweat pants. But the campanions are largely bland, the writing has a lot of promise early on but devolves, and the minuteman radiant quests are beyond repetitive. HOW MANY FUCKING GHOULS ARE NEAR ABERNATHY FARM?? Throw in a sentry bot, a deathclaw, SOMETHING so I'm not just shooting zombies all day. Bitch my ammo costs more than the loot I get from those fuckers, make it worth it at least.
>>
>>28562785
Game felt rushed unfinished as fuck. Not to mention pretty much having the same graphics as FO3.

>oh look, we got too sidetracked with our base mechanic, a feature that nobody asked for, so you can buy shops to actually sell your shit in and manage faggots who you want to kill
>oh, and that didn't leave us any time to make random encounter sidequests, or fleshed-out main quests

Haven't played that game in weeks.
>>
>>28563331
I got an explosive double barrel shotgun... it ruined the game for me.

Instagibbed pretty much everything. I ended up scrapping it but by that point in the game everything died instantly because I was a god among men.

The "balance" and progression is so stupid. You are handed power armor and a minigun so early on in the story. Deathclaws die really easily, and the aesthetic is fucking garbage compared for FNV and (dare I say it) FO3. I just hope mods will fix it.

There's no survival aspects, everything feels so close, and the weapons are OP as fuck even on "survival" difficulty. Not to mention the fucking dialogue options, complete lack of RPG elements, and Mass Effect 3-like ending.
>>
>>28563402
Yeah, the fucking combat shotgun and combat rifle have the same reloading animation. Fucking lazy bethesda. I was hoping for the fallout 3 styled assault rifle so i could recreate perforator from the pitt.
>>
>>28563313
>right handed tears
>>
>>28563331
the lack of a DT/DR system really fucked game mechanics.
>have minigun
>need a quarter mag to kill a supermutant
>pump 500 odd rounds into that starter deathclaw and still probably have to swap to other weapons if you miss
>upgrades don't do jack shit to make it not suck.
>gatling laser is objectively inferior to a fully upgraded laser rifle with the "unlimited" epic mod.

the lack of M2 browning in FO4 is a travesty. why no shoulder mounted ".50 caliber" machinegun bethesda. It was one of the most popular gun mods on the nexus for New vegas.
>>
>>28563383
>I like the new power armor system, I think its nice they make it more than just a suit of armor you can just swap out of like a hoodie and sweat pants
I cant stand that the more modern power armours have to use fucking fusion shits.
>>
>>28563495
Fair enough, I wouldn't mind it if they lasted longer or could be recharged.
>>
File: obrez.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
obrez.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
best gun reporting in
>>
>>28563420
I found an explosive minigun. It is the very definition of OP and completely broke the game from then on. But it was fun as fuck making everything instagib.
>>
>>28563458
In short. It was a lazy ass game. The guns look retarded.
>>
>>28563627
Explosive combat shotgun is fun also :^)
>>
>>28562785
I couldn't quite get around the way normal fucking people like Raiders could absorb more lead than a panzer battalion and still not die. It was immersion shattering for me. The vault suits ought to have ablative slowly-regenerating ballistic plates or something. That way you could go up against top-tier nasties and still live long enough to run.

I dunno... my introduction to the IP was Skyrim, and it blew me away. I can accept that multiple sword strokes are required to kill something. But not a modern rifle.
>>
>>28563627
Gau 8?
>>
>>28562785
It was supposed to be an LMG for power armor, but the actual assault rifle got cut. If it feels like half the game is missing that's because half the game is missing.
>>
>>28563668
A good hit from a long cutting blade will incapacitate faster than a lot of rifles will.
>>
>>28563570
Get on my level
>>
>>
File: 1451570462209.jpg (585 KB, 1592x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451570462209.jpg
585 KB, 1592x1200
>>28562785
They didn't actually design it to be an "assault rifle" in the beginning. They just wanted to make a gun that would look good in the power armor's big hands. It wasn't until later that they called it the assault rifle
>>
>>28563371
They probably came here for advice at some point, & their product was daytime cringey, so highly likely "ours"
>>
>>28563383
>HOW MANY FUCKING GHOULS ARE NEAR ABERNATHY FARM??
if you just have enough defenses it will rarely be attacked and they won't nag you about being attacked so often
it also has no consequences if you ignore their call for help

radiant quests are so boring I usually ignore them
>>
Why do we keep having these threads? Anything that can be said has been said.
>>
>>28562842
It was absolutely not worse than FO3 holy jesus dude. FO3 is by far the worst AAA RPG I've ever played.
>>
>>28563568
once you get the perks and bobblehead it lasts 40 or 45 minutes a core. I think.
>>
>>28563495
>>28563568
>>28565867
If you just up your looting game there is really a lot of them scattered around in the game.
>>
File: r91.jpg (627 KB, 2095x714) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
r91.jpg
627 KB, 2095x714
>>28562785
At least people are already trying to fix the shitty guns.
>>
>tfw PS4
>waiting for creation kit to make guns look better and less like shit, hope there are new scripts to add more quests and guns

Inb4 "muh peesee mastr rayce git gud poorfag" faggots
>>
>deride op for making thread outside of /v/
>post opinion on topic without saging anyways
>get into protected argument over topic that has already been done to death
>300 replies (hidden)

Am I doing it right?
>>
>>28565950
>Am I doing it right?
To the letter.
>>
>>28565830
Eh, there's always shit to talk about, it's not like only the same few people are talking about it so it of course can repeat endlessly.
And this is nothing, there's a Katawa Shoujo general on /vg/ that's been going on for almost 3000 threads, 750 posts each.
>>
>>28565830
>Why do we keep having these threads
>>28565950
>topic that has already been done to death

I get that you guys have already discussed these things before but alas not everyone can lurk 24/7, there's always gonna be someone late to the party
Fallout is always gonna be discussed here, might as well get used to it. Remember that even 5 years after New Vegas was released, we would still have threads like "I just bought this on Steam, is it /k/-approved?".
Might as well get used to these threads.
>>
>Get a .50 caliber rifle in New Vegas
>Feels fucking awesome, throws Deathclaws on their ass, caps well spent
>Get .50 caliber rifle in 4
>Just the normal rifle with a little bit more damage
>>
>didn't include scaled up versions of weapons for people in power armour.

Shit game.
>>
>>28566012
I know anon I'm severely dissapointed to
The spray and pray ain't half bad with the machine gun and explosives perks and other legendary stuff is pretty cool but they really cheaped out on alot of stuff
>>
>>28563420

I made a super beefy melee char. Hammer does like 1.5k damage. Shit is so cash.
>>
>>28563420
>>28563627
What? miniguns suck. It might fire bullets really fast but then again you spend like 10-20 bullets to take down a basic raider, and that's if you're doing controlled bursts.
>>
>>28562785
Probably stemmed off of the WWI machine guns, in the fallout universe
>>
>>28562785
Probably stemmed off of the WWI machine guns, in the fallout universe.
>>
>>28566321
>2 deathclaws
>kill both in 1 swing
>take 0 damage
damnit Bethesda
>>
>>28562785
Probably stemmed off of the WWI machine guns, in the fallout universe
>>
File: 7715-6-1451963984.jpg (438 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7715-6-1451963984.jpg
438 KB, 1920x1080
Good thing there are mods that fix this problem, OP.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7715/

Who's ready to go full Rhodesian in FO4?
>>
>>28562785
>Probably stemmed off of the WWI machine guns, in the fallout universe
>>
>>28566495

>5.56
>>
I wonder how much bathesdas shills get paid to start these custom weapon / pwer armor threads
>>
>>28562785

But why are we getting so mad at inaccuracies? What is the motivation for the anger? Is it because it hits you in the ocd? is it because it hits you in the "l33t op3rat0r" bone? What makes it such a big deal?
>>
>>28566511
There's a receiver that lets you change it from 5.56 to .308.
>>
>>28566511
That's the God damn point, you can easily swap calibers.
>he doesn't want an FN CAL
I bet you're one of those FNC faggots.
>>
>>28566468

Pretty much. I can one shot legendary crap.
>>
File: Rhodie.jpg (10 KB, 214x236) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Rhodie.jpg
10 KB, 214x236
>>28566511

It's Fallout 4.

You could make it .50 and it wouldn't be noticeably different.
>>
>>28566495

But the R-91 was based on the G3. What the fuck?
>>
>>28566542
Does it really matter? It's still much better than what we have now.
>>
File: AllAmericanFNV.png (422 KB, 1407x507) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
AllAmericanFNV.png
422 KB, 1407x507
>>28566516
>But why are we getting so mad at inaccuracies?
Because Bethesda a shit. Even after Obsidian showed them how it's done in NV, they stuck their fingers in their ears and were like 'LALALALA, fuck the fact that this game is set in the most gun-dense country in the free world, we're going to make everything out of rusty fucking pipes and .38 ammo. Even though there have been factions in the Fallout universe that machine factory-tier guns since forever (like the Gun Runners, Enclave and NCR).
>What is the motivation for the anger? Is it because it hits you in the ocd? is it because it hits you in the "l33t op3rat0r" bone? What makes it such a big deal?

The fact that it's stupid..
>Post apocalyptic America
>What will we be most likely to find in terms of rifles and parts?
>AR15 like weapons? M14/M1? .308? 5.56??
>No. A WW1 water-cooled machinegun looking thing that eats 5.56 for some reason
>Also rusty pipes in .38

It's just stupid.. Never mind that it isn't realistic, it doesn't even fit the Fallout universe. It makes absolutely no sense.

>pic
This is what the assault rifle (unique variant) looked like in FO NV... Not realistic either, but MUCH more fitting in the setting.
>>
>>28566515

We get paid per post. So about 300 caps if the thread is good.
>>
>>28565927
LINK
>>
>>28566558
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7715/?

He's also got an M9 and an AK.
>>
>>28566551

I guess. But why call it the R91 if it ain't a fucking R91?

I liked glorious American G3.

It's kinda sad to think of it, but I really preferred the weapons of Fallout 3 over 4's.
>>
>>28566552

Oh believe me, I get what you are getting at. But honestly I figured you guys would focus more on the ROF and damage and caliber and all the other shit with a gun aside from the cosmetic stuff.
>>
>>28565946
> You payed full price
> For a Bethesda game
> On a console
I hope you don't get creation kits , just because of how stupid you are.
>>
For me, this game will be shit until these mods are made:

>AR-15/M16 mod that replaces the shit assault rifle (also lets you create the MK18 and 416)
>BAR mod to replace the Combat Rifle (and its chambered in .308 too)
>SPAS-12 mod to replace the Combat Shotgun
>AA-12 auto shotgun
>G36
>M249 that can be converted to a M240 via caliber changes
>Commie weapons like the AK series, SVD, VSS, etc
>MP5, UMP, P90 and MP7
>>
>>28565946


>Creation kit on consoles
>Allowing 3rd party textures, scripts and models

I wouldn't get my hopes up... It's unlikely Sony or Microsoft will allow the community to meddle with software for their systems to such a degree, never even mind the practical problems.

>>28566573
>But honestly I figured you guys would focus more on the ROF and damage and caliber and all the other shit with a gun aside from the cosmetic stuff.

It's all stupid. Literally everything, from the calibers, to the mods (.38 to .50BMG, why not?), the rusty and the crappy steampunk vibe. It's just retarded.. Also DMG models need not be mentioned, as it's a Bethesda game aka 'walking simulator ft. bullet spunges in all shapes and sizes'.
>>
>>28566587

Why not just play something else?
>>
>>28566587

>SPAS-12 mod to replace the Combat Shotgun

Really? I thought the combat shotgun was one of the few cool weapons. That, and the Deliverer.
>>
>>28566594
I'm too poor to get a PS4 to play MGSV and my comp cant handle it anon.
>>
>>28566598

MSG V is harder to run than that bloated unoptimised piece of shit that is FO4?
>>
>>28566598

Your comp can't handle it? I spent like 500 on mine. I can play at high settings around 60 fps.
>>
>>28566594
I don't actually like playing games,i just enjoy complaining about them
>>
>>28565818
I don't think you understand how much defense I have at Abernathy and sanctuary hills and they still get attacked.


Also if you fail a kidnapping quest you do in fact lose a settler, not that matters too much.
>>
>>28566612

>Also if you fail a kidnapping quest you do in fact lose a settler

You say that like losing one of those useless shitheads is a bad thing. I should be thanking these raiders.
>>
>>28566605
Not even close.

I literally play MGSV on my HTPC, which is a 2009 Samsung netbook.

Meanwhile my i7 6700k/R9 390x desktop can't routinely hold 58-60fps on FO4.
>>
>>28566612
Fucking this.

I literally have the perimeter of Sanctuary lined with MG turrets with towers holding missile turrets every dozen yards or so (19 total) and a small group of raiders will still attack.
>>
>>28566551
It matters because the FAL is not as aesthetic as the G3.
>>
>>28566468
Every bethesda game has cheesy OP exploits if you really take advantage of the mechanics. Part of the charm though.
>>
>>28566635
Game OCD is a curse, and once upon a time losing an npc mattered... Remember a time when most characters in megaton where named and had unique personality??

>>28566552
This. I get pipe weapons existing, especially early on if you have a mix of pipes and normal guns, but seriously there should be a better mix. Now that I play on a higher difficulty there is, but I still find super mutants and raiders running pipe guns all the time.

It really grinds my gears that we don't see more arms manufacturers. The New England area is dripping in gun manufacturers IRL, and robot manufacturers in game, and has extensive BoS presence, yet the NCR manages to blow the institute and BoS out of the water for industrial scale production.

Obsidian is King of fallout, Bethesda is just an imposter on the throne.
>>
>>28566612
>>28566660
it seems kinda random at times, but I have a bunch of settlements that practically never ask for help
>>
File: RK_62_76.jpg (141 KB, 1600x539) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RK_62_76.jpg
141 KB, 1600x539
Literally assault rifle.
>>
>>28566703
I think you meant literally pipe rifle.
>>
>>28566701
Yep, Abernathy and sanctuary get hit all the damn time and they have more defenses than Hoth in the empire strikes back.

The slog, a ghoul settlement with no defense whatsoever? Never hear a damn word from them. It's all concentrated in the northwest for me, maybe it's cuz I spend much more time in those settlements or something.
>>
>>28566708
>it has literally one pipe in the design
>it's a pipe rifle!
inb4 the barrel is also a pipe
>>
>>28566697

I also remember not having to bail Megaton out of trouble every time a raider or ghoul sneezed in its general direction.
>>
>>28565538
>shit guys we have to ship it tomorrow, and we don't have a G3 model!
>fuck it
>>
>>28566578
>people who pirate honestly believe their opinion holds even an atom of merit
>>
File: 1449100895433.jpg (260 KB, 686x931) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449100895433.jpg
260 KB, 686x931
>>28566738
>people who support devs making shitty games think their opinion holds even an atom of merit
>people who support devs that destroyed a renowned franchise think their opinion holds even an atom of merit
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 251x239) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 251x239
>>28566753
>subjective
>>
>>28562785
>oh you want a gun that doesn't suck? Here's another fucking pipe pistol
>>
>>28566763

>Bethesda raped Fallout
>Subjective
Pick one.
>>
File: bait.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bait.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>28566763
And so was your post, lad.
>>
File: 1444672063160.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444672063160.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>28566753
>People who post anime pictures think that their opinion matters
>>
>>28566753
>Oh god I hate this shitty game so much I just gotta pirate it and play it right now
>>
File: 1439795537869.jpg (26 KB, 247x269) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439795537869.jpg
26 KB, 247x269
>>28566781
>People who post viper pictures think their opinion matters
>>
File: 4987741.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4987741.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
>>28566798
>People who don't post viper pictures think their opinion matters
>>
>>28566718
>stock
>barrel
>gas tube
Are all legit pipes.

The grip is damn near a pipe as well.

That's over half the whole gun.

Anyway, it's still a cool fucking rifle.
>>
>>28566795
I haven't even pirated FO4, lad.
>>28566800
Fuck off back where that shitty may may came from.
>>
>>28566770
Nah, it was consensual.
>>
File: 1446631393008.jpg (84 KB, 602x596) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446631393008.jpg
84 KB, 602x596
>>28566815
No
>>
If this game had more guns that didn't look retarded and enemies that didn't die in 1-3 hits it might actually be great. I play these games like a massive fucking kike and have like 1,200+ rounds for every gun I have and over 100 fusion cores. Even in the hardest difficulty I'm running around in top tier armor for 30 mins a core with a literal ton of scrap at sanctuary and I haven't bothered to build anything because it's fucking pointless. I got so bored I spent 3 hours reloading a checkpoint in the hopes of a legendary ghoul dropping something cool. Best I got was a wounding assault rifle. After seeing the same armor piece drop 40 times I gave up.
>>
thankfully NV has a very mature and broad selection of mods now
>>
>>28566815
>I haven't even pirated FO4
so I'm correct in assuming you haven't played it at all?

then your opinions on the game are irrelevant
>>
>>28566843
Did I ever talk about the game? I just called out a troll.
>>
>>28566836
>"I play these games like a massive fucking kike"
>complain that you have a lot of loot
ok..
>>
>>28566774
>I refuse to pay for a game, but act like I lost something and demand changes
>>
>>28566856
Yes, you offered a subjective opinion on its quality.
>>
>>28566856
>let me just post in a thread about something I haven't played
>>
>>28566867
You don't have to be a genius to know that all Bethesda games are shit, playing FO3 and Skyrim was enough.
>>28566860
Yes, I lost the ability to play a fallout game that will not be made on that piece of shit gamebryo. Who know's how good NV would have been if it wasn't so tightly restricted by Beth.
>>28566872
I posted in a thread about shilling for a game based on visual weapon design in it and I know a bit about both because I have eyes and a brain.
>>
After getting the damage rebalance mod (player-enemy 3x 3x instead of the 0.5x 2x of the vanilla "survival"), I like the gameplay more. At least now people die with an headshot.
But the thing won't be balanced until someone reworks everything, making headshots multiplier higher and lower body damage, buffing up animals hp, reworking the weapon damage and armor rating. I also believe the armor rating now affects the whole body, while it should be zone specific. What's even the point of the separated armor if exposed limbs still get cover from damage?
>>
Could all participants involved in the pointless pissing contest please stop? We're trying to rage about Bethesda's shit guns.
>>
>>28566836
>If this game had more guns that didn't look retarded and enemies that didn't die in 1-3 hits
>implying bulletsponge enemies are fun
and btw, you run into bulletsponge raiders as you go into high level areas
>>
>>28566894
>What's even the point of the separated armor if exposed limbs still get cover from damage?
afaik it's just muh char customization
>>
>>28566898
No, we're all trying to promote Bethesda's game by creating a shitstorm around it. And I think we've accomplished that quite well.
>>
>>28566894
>>28566918

>Remove seperate armor-part feature from Morrowind
>'It's better guise, really.. Much more streamlined and good looking and everything'
>Fallout 3 -> Armor becomes literally 1 part + hat
>Skyrim -> Even less armor parts than Oblivion, though slightly more than Fallout 3
>Fallout 4 -> SEPERATE ARMOR PARTS ARE AWESOME LADS, REALLY, TOTALLY

It's like Bethesda doesn't even know what they want to be honest..
>>
>>28566012
I got a mod that makes the bolt action do 3x damage so that way I feel like I'm actually firing a .50
>>
>>28566753
>opinions of people introduced to the franchise by bethesda
>>
>>28567014
>I have to cheat in a game made for children
>>
>>28567090
>I have to resort to memes because people change settings in a singleplayer game
>>
>>28567077
On what basis do you assume that? My first Fallout game was 1. Just because there are people who think contrarianism is cool doesn't mean I'm one of them.
>>
>>28565927
A lot more people would be curing the wasteland of garbage guns if bethesda would release the new G.E.C.K.
>>
>>28562785
SEMI AUTO ASSAULT RIFLE

THANKS BETHESDA FOR BEING THE NEW BILL RUGER AND GIVING THE ANTI-GUNS MORE VALIDATION.
>>
>>28562785
>For Power Armor units.
>Doesn't realize that other infantry units used either the Combat Rifle in .308 or the AER9 Laser Rifle.

>>28562827
They really dropped the ball with weapons. A day on fucking YouTube would've fixed that. Are their people functionally retarded or just flat-out lazy? I'm thinking it's the latter.
>>
>>28567383
>A day on fucking YouTube would've fixed that.

They could have _literally_ copied all the gun models from NV and it would have been better than this..

>Are their people functionally retarded or just flat-out lazy? I'm thinking it's the latter.

If they were lazy they would have done what I said above: Just copy the models from previous games... But Bethesda seemed really intent on giving this Fallout their typical 'rusty shit taped together' vibe, just like FO3 had.. They're just retarded, and have this idea in their heads about how Fallout should look and feel, but in my opinion that idea is wrong. Unfortunately the masses seem to be eating up Bethesda's way... The fact that NV was a buggy piece of shit for consoles probably didn't help it's popularity.
>>
>>28567496
Consoles ruined New Vegas itself by forcing it to be cut it into sections for performance and thus less engaging / immersive
>>
>>28567521
>cut it into sections

IIRC you don't really notice that on PC, as the loading takes place in the background. Only when you move between indoor and outdoor cells you get a short loading screen.
>>
>>28562785
When I first saw this gun in the previews I assumed the Brotherhood of Steel made it. Well not made it but, look at it. It looks like a fucking LMG. I said to myself "oh thats probably a prewar LMG the brotherhood has re purposed as an assault rifle for power armor equipped infantry. Just look how big that shit is."

Makes sense right? Yeah I thought it did too. Of course this was incorrect and its just a standard AR which makes no sense.
>>
>>28567383
Yeah its amazing what some things could have been avoided by doing the smallest amount of croudsourcing of opinions. This is 2016 MFers
>>
> not naming your flamethrower "six million more"
>>
>>28567496
That would've made even less sense, since NV's vanilla guns were largely produced by the NCR.

>>28567521
This guy gets it.
>>
>>28562785
I thought the game was good.
Never assumed all the guns or mechanics would be realistic.

Go play Last of Us if you want realistic.
>>
>>28567521
>all that Legion cut content
>originally planned to expand the Legion, showing you how terrible and shitty they were but then allowing you to go across the Colorado and getting to know pro Legion characters
>all had to be cut for time constraints and console limitations

It still hurts. The Legion deserved to be more interesting and deep. You see shades of it, but not enough to make them anything other then slightly less evil.
>>
>>28567700
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>28567646
NV with mods is the best Fallout desu. The same can be true for Fo4.
>>
>>28567713
>legion
>having pro-legion Vegas people

What? The Legion is the faction you join if you want to fuck shit up.
>>
>>28567646
>That would've made even less sense, since NV's vanilla guns were largely produced by the NCR.

NVs vanilla guns were actually largely pre-war fudd guns.. Break action shotguns, lever action rifles and shotguns, revolvers. Most Assault Rifles were made by the gun runners (which according to the Fallout lore are all over, right?).. IIRC it was mostly the uniforms and the 'Service Rifles' (wood furniture ARs) that were NCR produced..

Fallout 4 should at least have had some of the more common weapon types you'd find in an average American town: Loads of revolvers, pump action shotguns and AR-pattern rifles.
>>
File: 1450355067874.jpg (38 KB, 265x302) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450355067874.jpg
38 KB, 265x302
>>28562785
>it is semi-auto with no shooty switch
>>
>>28567769
It does seem like they did away with having the wide selection of weapons and instead added the customisation of the few they did go with.
>>
>>28567713
Also...
>There won't be a second game because Bethesda bribed MetaCritic to subtract one point from their score.

There's a reason the business school worms that run today's "AAA" game studios aren't involved in a more significant business, they'd run it into the ground.

Then there's the money they waste on marketing. What is the fucking point? Other than brainwashing children and teens into thinking they have a superior product, there's no point to marketing!

People are eventually going to realize just how much hey missing out on with "AAA" games. Especially once PC components become cheaper as people wake up and realize that the Federal Government is denying access to this nation's mineral wealth in a massive price-fixing scandal.

They won't be able to ignore all of us....
>>
>>28567147
this

millenium would probably straight port his models from FO:NV and make a replacer within a day of the GECK being dropped. the "assault rifle" being relabeled "US Powered Infantry machinegun" or something and changed in the level list so gunners aren't operating operationally with 40lb air cooled machineguns would greatly improve the game.
>>
>>28567769
Military-issue weapons were more popular on the East Coast because that's where most conscripts were from.
>>
>>28567817
>YFW low-ranking Gunners exclusively use .308 Combat Rifles and Combat Shotguns.
>YFW your character literally has no face after several seconds of sustained fire.
>>
>>28566573
the charm of FO:NV is that if you want to hard enough, any gun in the game can be used the whole game.

you can snipe raiders with you night vision silenced varmint rifle or blow them away with a barret 50 cal

you can shoot a deathclaw with a 10mm pistol and watch it eat shit on the bottlecap mine you placed in it's path

in FO3 and FO4 they force progression hamfistedly and simply make the same enemies beefier to force you to use a quad missile launcher as a DMR to kill super mutants you used to merc with a pipe rifle in the same fucking area

remember how all the game files and internal fluf say the lower map is so much more dangerous? remember how you hoped against hope they took a page from new vegas and made difficulty spawn dependant instead of level lists? remember how you could clear quincy with your t45a and minigun if you got there before the gunners got good gear and whipe them... or do the same thing high level with the latest greatest gear. focus on that REEEEE. let it consume you
>>
>>28567810

>You can have pipes
>Also pipes welded to pipes
>Also pipes is stupid calibers
>You may also have a pipe with a wire stock
>Or a wood stock
>And they'll all be the same rusty-brown color

I want my over-under 20g back. And handloading for dem 20g magnums and coinshot. And calibers that make sense.

>>28567845

Then why aren't there more militairy issue guns, anon? Why are there WW1 machine guns and rusty pipes only... Not even the fucking 10mm SMG made it through.
>>
>several pipe weapons
>no pipe shotgun
of all the improvised weapons, a single shot shotgun is probably the easiest to make
>>
File: PGM_Hecate II.jpg (2 MB, 2496x1664) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PGM_Hecate II.jpg
2 MB, 2496x1664
>>28567900
>barret 50 cal

>The AMR from NV
>Barett

m8
>pic
>>
>>28567923
There is literally one pipe gun.
No stock - pistol
Stock - rifle
Stock and optics - sniper rifle
>>
>>28567755
Yeah, now it is. Originally it wasn't It was diametrically opposed to the NCR. It was a nation where you traded liberty for strength and security. They intended to allow you to go east of the Colorado into Legion territory to show the "good" side of the legion. Would have given the faction more depth instead of LEL SO EBUL. Remember the original plan was basically this. There is the Legion which is a slave taking conquering army of tribal fanatics, AND there is the civilization Caesar is building behind them. They are not one in the same. The Legion is Caesars tool to create a civilization, its not the civilization Caesar champions.
>>
>>28567873
... they use 10mm pistols and lasers with no armor until you bump a few rungs up the leveled list.

it would make a fuckton more sense for them to be using combat rifles and the cut content chinese assault rifles/HK33s even if the brrrrrt was more brrrrrrty. the asinine RoF of the "assault rifle" means they already put down a fuckton of ~40dam a round dakka
>>
File: swandive.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
swandive.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>28563420
I know this is not /vg/ but just to corroborate that getting explosive on a weapon makes the game into a walk in the park I'll post this webm.
>>
File: 1363158871664.jpg (58 KB, 960x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1363158871664.jpg
58 KB, 960x540
One of the biggest problems I had with the game weaponry wise was the over abundance and use of pipe weapons. It felt really lazy. Its like they just said "oh we can custimize weapons right? Lets just auto generate a whole bunch of useless shit and give it to everyone thats not a named character."

Im also not a huge fan of the whole "legendary" aspect on weapons. This isn't fucking skyrim nor is it memelands. My pipe rifle shouldnt have a bottomless magazine.


You'll find this "meh good enough" attitude throughout most of the game. They didn't spend time develping lots of cool and unique weapons because they could just auto generate different versions via the weapon modding, same with the quest. Where there really any GOOD side quest? At all? I can only thing of the one with the family that had the serum. Everything was just auto generated "radiant" shit. Go to X kill Y report back. Repeated over and over and over and over.
>>
>>28566365
When you get an explosive version of a gun, it tacks on an additional 15 damage + splash damage + any buffs you have per shot. For examplr, my current character gets ~100 damage with a combat shotgun. Make it an explosive combat shotgun and each PELLET does an additional 15 damage + splash. It turns that 100 damage gun into a 500+ damage gun.
>>
>>28567900
>NV
>barret 50 cal
Americans, bet you think riot shotgun is an AA12 or something.
>>
File: 49230-3-1360090369.jpg (180 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
49230-3-1360090369.jpg
180 KB, 1280x720
Best pistol, too bad there's a bug where it keeps slotting it as a grenade.
>>
>>28568041
Kneecapping Minigun and Plasma-Infused Minigun are just fucking ridiculous. May not kill as fast as explosive-based weapons, but by god, is it fucking hilarious to use the Kneecapping Minigun on shit like legendary deathclaws. Tempted to get rid of it if only because of how terribly OP it is.
>>
>>28568060
The Last Voyage of the USS Constitution was a great quest. The only part of the game I really look back on fondly.
>>
>>28568060

Well, I loved the Silver Shroud quest. Silly, but fun.
>>
>>28570739
>kent says he has replicated the silver tommy gun
>get my hype up for a cool reward
>Bethesda could have made a really cool and unique gun
>but nah
>>
>>28562827

>Pre-war bunkers and caches are full of pipe weapons.
>>
>>28570842

Yeah, that was disappointing. Automatic weapons are such shit in this game.

I just used a combat shotgun for that quest instead.
>>
>>28562785
Hopefully mods will make the weapons and armor a bit better. Nothing will change the fact it's a fps with a glorified quest giving system not an actual rpg. Fuck it, i'll go back to skyrim.
>>
>>28563313
Honestly this makes no goddamn sense. Also, not having a 1911 or another decent bolt action is a mistake
>>
>>28571030

>Game has .45, but no 1911
>Proper bolt-action rifle is a weird lefty model
>"assault rifle" is an xbox hueg WWI machine gun

What were they THINKING? It isn't even consistent with Bethesda's own work in Fallout 3.
>>
>>28571070
Also its retarted how you cant add a 1928 style forgrip on it but you can get the barrel. Autismo. Also if you do the glitch and get 3 fusion cores then go to vault 81, you can get the overseeres guardian extremeley fast, and free with the glitch, then just upgrade the doo doo out of it and voila, its the most powerful gun in the game
>>
>>28570963
>Nothing will change the fact it's a fps with a glorified quest giving system not an actual rpg. Fuck it, i'll go back to skyrim.

Skyrim is just as bad f a m
>>
>>28566012
I honestly consider the 50cal in fo4 as 50beowulf
>>
>be a prewar citizen of MA
>state has harsh gun laws
>a lot of guns are weird antiques that got grandfathered in
>get nuked
>survivors mislabel guns and gun parts

Sounds about right to me. I don't see what you fags are complaining about.
>>
>>28571269
this explanation works for CA and DC too, btw
>>
>>28570407
Said in the description.

Equip once = gun, equip twice = grenade.
>>
>>28570407
>laser coming out of the guide rod
>sights on backwards
Did they even bother to google what a Glock fucking looks like?
>>
>>28571269

>that pic

Thanks, I hadn't had my dose of rage for the day.
>>
>>28571070
45 is probably fuddy five long colt
>>28571240
if you drop a .50 on the floor, it's definitely supposed to be 50 bmg.
There are mods to make 50 cals actually do a proper amount of damage though.
>>
>>28571411

>45 is probably fuddy five long colt

But it goes into a thompson in the game.
>>
File: latest[1].png (31 KB, 279x279) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
latest[1].png
31 KB, 279x279
>>28571436
yeah, I'm wrong.
>>
>>28563458
They fucked up because it's nothing like Vegas. The way they act is as if Vegas never happened. Probably because obsidian made it and it was vastly superior.

Also fallout 4 is just Nuclear Skyrim. Even has the same sounds of dogs dying in fallout that were used for killing a wolf in skyrim. The workbench is just the armour bench from skyrim. The whole game felt bad. I couldn't quite place my finger on what it was. However Vegas just had a charm to it and felt good to play and walk around. 4 felt like 3. Meh. Not sure what it is. Just felt shit.
>>
>>28571550
4 feels fucking exactly like 3. I didn't play vegas for some reason, so I don't have that to compare it to. But it's basically fallout 3 with base building and crafting.
>>
>>28571550

I'd argue that 3 was better than 4 in some ways. Sure, it threw any pretense of seriousness out the window, and the story was completely absurd, but it had its charm. It was great for just picking a direction, walking that way, and seeing what you found. And it wasn't constantly trying to shove fifty fucking generic, interchangeable radiant quests down my throat.
>>
>>28571550
Yep, Fallout 4 is a cheap cash-in quickly hacked together because people will buy anything as long as it's made by Bethesda.
>>
>>28571623
>2016
>buying games
you know you can just download them, right?
>>
>>28565927
Speaking of which
Any word on console mods?
>>
>>28571578
It's 3 plus some skyrim shit. Do yourself a favour. Buy/torrent/steal/suck dick for New Vegas, ideally the ultimate version with all of the "dlc". It should be cheap as anything. Best game of the series (reboots). Also best mods and community around it.

Not sure what it was about 3/4 I didn't like but NV was my favourite single player game of the last 10 years or so. My friend that got 4 and I played his copy wouldn't say anything bad about 3 or 4. I asked why he got it on xbone not PC. He could mod and improve it on PC and had the PC to run it. "I don't like mods, I don't want to mess around with the game files and break something". Guy thinks steam workshop is some kind of hackerman tier shit.

I know he only says he prefers 4 out of all of them because he bought the xbone for it and pre-ordered for way more. It just didn't feel right. None of the rule of cool either
>>
>>28571269
How is PA yellow? I thought we had pretty lax gun laws compared to our Jewish neighbor states.
>>
>>28571623
I felt that with some mechanics for sure. Felt lifted from skyrim
>>28571620
Yeah I did that on new Vegas. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours in that game. Still enjoy it. Feels clunky but still stuff to do. Also the fact that there's sounds in 4 recycled from other Bethesda titles pissed me off. I do sound design/foley and that shit sticks out like a sore thumb
>>
>>28571717
>I felt that with some mechanics for sure. Felt lifted from skyrim

No kidding. Fallout 3 had bullet damage affected by skill level. Fallout 4 has bullets magically change into all sorts of things depending on the weapon. It's so fucking lazy. The Bethesda Fallouts are just mods of whatever they released last.
>>
>>28570899
I used the mod that lets you craft legendary mods and used it to make the silver Thompson actually do decent damage, just to use it as the Shroud
>>
>>28571665
I torrented 4. I'm sure vegas will be even easier to find.
>>
>>28571070
>.38 fucking everywhere
>Not one .38 revolver
Unacceptable
I really want a Model 49 and a Detective Special
>>
>>28571833

Particularly strange, given that a pre-war cop imprinted onto a synth is one of the companions.

>>28571717

It's not just sound and some design elements. Have you noticed that argonians and deathclaws suddenly share skin textures? Bethesda was so damn lazy with this game.

I'll admit that Fallout 3 was my first Fallout game. I hadn't heard of the series before it. I rather enjoyed 3...until I played New Vegas, which swiftly became my favorite game of all time. Now it's hard to go back and play 3.
>>
>>28571309
>2016
>not knowing about guide rod lasers

lasermax.com/products
>>
>>28570883
>Implying raiders who carry shitty pipe weapons dont break into them
>>
>>28571891
What about the sights on backwards?
>>
>>28571936
they break into them then leave all the good shit, and leave behind some pipe weapons?
>>
Correct me if I missed anything but I'm pretty sure this game has only 17 different guns

>Pipe gun
>Pipe revolver
>SxS shotgun
>Combat rifle/shotgun
>Assault rifle
>Hunting rifle
>.44 revolver
>10mm pistol
>Tommy gun
>Mini gun
>Laser gun
>Plasma gun
>Laser musket
>Alien blaster
>Gamma gun
>Rocket launcher
>Fat man
>>
>>28573315

Mods will save Fallout 4, just like they've saved every Bethesda game in the last decade.
>>
>>28573315
>>28573386

Yep. Give it another 3-6 months and it'll be an entirely different game.

As for now, keep calm and cleanse the mojave with Millenia's pack and the dank as fuck ARs and AKs mod
>>
why must Bethsoft make 7.5/10 games while Obsidian goes on to make Pillars of fucking Eternity

for what purpose
>>
>>28571833
There is NO EXCUSE for this game not having a Model 10 or a Model 36. Th former will likely be one of the first mods once the GECK comes out.
>>
>>28568020
I was talking about modding the Gunners' weapon pool or the default parts for vanilla weapons.
>>
>>28567903
Because any armories in the Boston area were probably located in what is now the Glowing Sea. They got buried under piles of rubble.
>>
>>28571699
>PA
>more lax than OH
Kek
>>
>>28573512
Because as great as Obsidian is, they rely on another company to lay groundwork. After that they come in and outdo the other game completely.
>KOTOR II
>Neverwinter Nights II
>Fallout NV
Granted they seem to have gotten better at making their own games.
>inb4 bioware shills claim that KOTOR>KOTOR II
>>
>>28562827
fallout 4 is a different fallout from the rest
their reality never invented the transistor...
>>
>>28567782
It could be that the semi-auto examples were used for training purposes pre-war. Marksmanship and such. Or maybe they were neutered surplus guns intended for civilian enthusiasts. The CMP probably still existed in the Fallout universe.

Probably the former.
>>
>>28566495
ps4.. no mods yet.... YET
>>
>>28574489
KOTOR II
was shit friendo, it's not shilling.
>>
>>28574489
Never really thought of it like this.
>>
>>28573315
Missed laser Gatling, gauss cannon, deliverer
>>
>>28574891
Thanks, so we're up to 20
>>
>>28574861
>KOTOR II
>shit
I'm sorry that you have bad taste and think that KOTOR II was bad.
>>
>>28571833
>no .38 revolver
But there is, anon. [spoiler]It's pipeshit though[/spoiler]
>>
>>28566012
its a bad sign when i use the .50 cal as my main gun because ive got so about 5x as much ammo for it than any other gun. and it still takes a few hits to take down low level raiders.
>>
>>28575033
And strangely, you need Gun Nut rank 3 to downgrade it to .38 in the first place. Granted, it's probably a common mod at low levels that shows up in stores and on randomly-generated guns.
>>
>>28575014
I'm sorry you have shit taste and think KOTOR II was good
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii---the-sith-lords
>>
>tfw I like the "assault rifle" because of how different it is to the tacticool and slavshit that's usually crowding games
I really do get the name problem though, Bethesda seriously fucking dropped the ball on that. Though when we have laser and plasma and now even cryogenic guns, I really want something different out of bullet guns than generic rifle number 35235 and generic AK number potato.
>>
>>28565927
the fact that the modder ignored the fact that the R91 is a G3 totally killed this mod for me
>>
>>28571936
Some of the places that are implied to be undisturbed since before the bombs have pipe weapons though. Where does that make sense? They could have at least added the chinese rifle and renamed it or something.
>>
>>28575092
> generally positive reviews
> shit

Who's your dealer? i want some of that crack you're smoking
>>
>>28566551
Nigger faggot don't forget you are on /k/. It matters because its not the right rifle.
>>
>>28575161
>After that they come in and outdo the other game completely.
>and outdo
>outdo

Lol You even know deep down its shit cause you started off defending it from the get go
>>
File: 1416457748826.jpg (26 KB, 277x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416457748826.jpg
26 KB, 277x240
>>28575214
do you feel in control?
>>
>>28566012
Well, that makes sense when the F4 .50 cal is really just a neck up .308 to .50
>>
File: 1452663710183.webm (639 KB, 450x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452663710183.webm
639 KB, 450x360
>>28575232
It's okay to be wrong Anon, just admit it and move on.
>>
File: 1418926107207.png (349 KB, 731x842) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418926107207.png
349 KB, 731x842
>>28575270
Ok, I admit i am not the anon you're butthurt at over KOTOR 2 being better than KOTOR
>>
>>28573315
There's the pipe bolt action rifle
>>
File: 1452842834839.gif (625 KB, 256x512) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452842834839.gif
625 KB, 256x512
>>28575289
Good one friendo!
>>
File: 1420679748840.jpg (239 KB, 900x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420679748840.jpg
239 KB, 900x700
>>28575306
I just like throwing myself into dumb shit for thrills
>>
File: 1451624689123.webm (71 KB, 352x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451624689123.webm
71 KB, 352x240
>>28575311
nice dubs man
>>
>>28565538
It looks like the designers googled "machine gun" and just combined what popped up.
>minimi front grip
>lewis gun barrel shroud
>fg-42 side mounted magazine
>a cap on the barrel shroud that looks like it goes on a water cooled machine gun

And then they put pipes all over it and called it a day.
>>
File: Browning.jpg (114 KB, 1616x1077) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Browning.jpg
114 KB, 1616x1077
>>28562785
>.50 browning when

LET THESE WEAPONS MELT
FIRE
FIRE
FIRE
>>
>>28570883
>Prewar Magazines talking about said weapons.
>>
>>28575335
Damn son I need to learn that on my 1917.
>>
>>28575138
There's a mod on Nexus that fixes this. I don't understand people who play Bethesda games without mods
>>
File: 1352840310454.png (322 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1352840310454.png
322 KB, 640x480
>had 3D/CG course in college
>we get a modelling evaluation
>we need to model a complex object
>many people do guns
>take a break and look at classmate's works
>THAT classmate models the trigger backwards on his weapon
>dude, it's nice, but your trigger is backwards
>instead of simply flipping it and say thanks, or at least be polite and have a collegial mindset goes all tantrumy
>muh artistic values shall not be infringed, blah blah
>I say he does whatever he wants and it was just a hint
>teacher comes up before I could go away get a snack at the vending machine
>what's happening
>classmate sobbing with his ass like a baboon
>Anon doesn't like my trigger
>What's wrong with it ? say the teacher
>Well, I just said it was backwards compared to his reference (yes, he had references on the viewport at that)
>Teacher asks me if it is that serious
>I reply it's common ergonomics, even spray cleaners and hair dryers do it.
>teacher replies
>Anon, you may be right, but before being gunsmiths or engineers, we're artists. We will all do errors while modelling something that isn't in our field of knowledge and go with the visual references. It's not like anyone will look in depth every detail of the weapon in a game anyway
>mfw

Poor guy has no clue how far people go to bitch about vidya and design...
But shit, he's right though, a fuckton of people will play counter strike and will never cringe everytime the character chambers a round in the M4 by pulling the foward assist

A majority of 3D artists are lefties and/or noguns, we have to deal with it, but it doesn't mean we don't have the right to complain once in a while either.

My favourite reload animations/models will be the ones in Firearms Source 2.0. I need my FA2 fix after a session of Fallout 3 or CS (or every game that seriously fucks up weapon designs)
>>
>>28576303
>In an art/design class
>reacts that way to criticism
Perhaps he should change his major to bein' a bitch, it seems like it suits him.
>>
>>28566892
If only you fucking knew. I've been playing Elder Scrolls games since Arena came out, I still have the original box and the map with the edges singed by a blowtorch on my shelf; inside the box there's actually bits of burned paper. That was real fucking dedication to the craft, to include something that cool with the game.

Bethesda has lost their way, now they're just another Ubisoft, EA, or Maxis: pumping out shit titles and led by autistic has-beens like Todd Howard.

>>28567700
Nobody said they had to be carbon copies of realistic guns, this isn't ArmA and the game never tried to be a realistic shooting simulator. Staying consistent with over a fucking decade of lore would have been cool though.
>>
>>28563402
Graphics is very good, weapon modding is good but dumb, npcs looks good

-FUCKING RETARDED SHITTY STORY
>no sidequestssssssss plssssss
few and stupid weapons


FO3 still best FO
>>
>>28577912
FO3 the best? hahaha oh my sweet, sweet summer child

Even BoS was better than FO3. I almost said "even Tactics" but let's face it, that game was cool as fuck.
>>
>>28575384
you forgot the handguard, straight from an M249
>>
>>28563402
I got the explosive double barrel shotgun pretty early in as well. Called it "Ghoul Remover". I should've called it "Easy Mode".
>>
>>28563900
Jesus fucking christ, Djibouti Shooty. Hello oldfag. Thank you for the nostalgia, hahaha
>>
>>28570537
Probably my favorite part of that whole game was the end of that quest. Go with glory, Constitution. I'm just mad because there wasn't a part 2 to that quest.
>>
>>28575270
Holy shit. I don't think I've ever seen a video of a sloth actually getting attacked by anything. It's usually those stupid "look how cute he is hanging from my arm" videos. That one though? That was fucking awesome. Didn't see that coming at all.
>>
>>28577933
He also forgot the MG 34 like trigger.
>>
>>28562785
its like you faggots seem to forget that fallout 4 is based around the year 2300.

first off, how and why would there possibly even be any ar variant weapons (or any weapons for that matter), based off of 20th century weapons??

look how much firearms technology and design has changed in less than a century already IRL (1900-2000)

second off

>fo4 assault rifle is a ww1 machine gun

how can you even assume this? the fo4 assault rifle could be based on any futuristic gun design.

why do people think that in the year 2300, people would still be basing guns off of 20th century models??
>>
>>28578396
because the great war happened in 2077, society, technology, and aesthetics froze at 1959, and you're a fucking idiot who needs to go back to /v/

>look how firearm design changed between 1900 and now hurrr
then you don't know jack shit about guns m8. the AR15 was designed in 1957, based off the AR10 produced in 1956. 59 years and all we've done is slap more railz on it. In fallout the "assault rifle" is based on the HK g3 designed in 1959 but chambered in 5.56 (IE the HK33 made in '68).
>hurr i didn't read the thread
every aspect of the FO4 "assault rifle" is pulled from WWI weapons. It's an air cooled lewis gun with a bunch of shit from other WWI machineguns added to it. lrn 2 google images like bethesda did.
>>
You guys are doing it wrong. Upgrade the assault rifle to full auto, add a drum mag and reflex sight, now you have a squad automatic.

I turned a corner in downtown boston to find a squad of raiders in enfilade, I mowed them down with only 40 rounds in a single burst. I don't think they even got off a single shot in my direction.
>>
>>28563331
>mfw explosive minigun
>mfw I named it the Fist of the Emperor
>mfw I literally can't be stopped
It's neato mang
>>
>>28578181
Djibouti Shooty is in every humor thread, takes less than a day on here to get acquainted with it
>>
>>28566587
>not asking for CaliberX so you can have a BAR chambered in .30-06 like God intended
>or an SVD in x54R
>or other commie guns in commie calibers
C'mon
>>
>>28566552

> Open safe that has been locked since the war
> Pipe pistol
>>
>>28575270
Dinner doesn't come much easier than sloths I suppose. I've always wondered how they haven't become extinct purely from the fact that they can't do anything to stop any predator.
>>
>>28578744
sloths are actually retardedly strong and have 4" claws

also they live in trees and only descend to the ground to piss and shit once a week

name a predator large enough to tangle with a sloth that also lives in the trees. Protip: the answer is none.
>>
>>28566800
Is this now a Viper thread?
>>
File: uzX3ppg.webm (436 KB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
uzX3ppg.webm
436 KB, 320x240
>>28578768
What's that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of this MAJESTIC FUCKING HARPY EAGLE.
>>
>>28572045
dyslexic
>>
>>28578572
Pipe Revolvers are actually pre-war designs. There's a Guns and Bullets issue about it that the player can find, "Street Guns of Detroit".

I wish magazines were readable. Lazy developers...
>>
>>28565965
Jesus Christ. Those assholes are still going?
>>
>>28563331
Without the right perks, yes. In this case, it's Heavy Gunner and Steady Aim.
>>
>>28563568
The Nuclear Physicist perk will help with that.
>>
>>28579005
Beautiful /k/ommrade.
>>
>>28563570
>Pew Pew Kachew
I keked
>>
>>28577931
oh my sweet faggot "wow im so kewl i know FO from 80s ye u kid"

fuck off faggot
>>
>>28577912

>FO3 still best FO

Ok, I'm curious as to how that can even be defended. FO3 was my first game in the series, because I'm an ignorant plebeian, and even I can recognize the massive flaws in it.
>>
>>28576751
>reacts that way to criticism
Are every "superstar" 3D artists are like this or it is just me

Take MaxOfS2D for example, his work used to be plagiarism and goes buttmad everytime someone brings it up
>>
>>28578527
I just remember the original thread is all I mean. There was some pretty funny shit. I remember the wiki was changed and there was a whole slew of hilarious names made. You wouldn't happen to have some screen caps of the thread, would you? I can't say that I've seen it mentioned in any recent /k/ humor threads.
>>
>>28579407
>from the 80's

Are you even fucking old enough to have a gun? The fuck are you doing on this board.
>>
>>28575214
>>28575092
>b-but muh metacritic
>b-but muh secretly revan
Come on guys its like you cant formulate your own opinions anymore of course kotor will get better scores on metacritic bioware has more money to throw at people for meaningless numbers on a screen. Dont get me wrong i loved kotor but i love kotor ii more because it gives you moee freedom and doesnt nail your character to a wall with a very specific back story. Its the same thing that made me love FNV more than FOE3
>>
>>28577912
>FO3
>Best FO
>mfw
Jesus Christ man. Your taste is shit. FO3 was awful.
>>
>>28565927
Has anyone tried to fix the guns in MGSV yet?
>>
At least they figure out that a rifle is more powerful than a pistol.
>>
>>28580504
No.
I actually like the guns in MGSV though, at least they fit the aesthetic of the setting, unlike FO4.
>>
>>28577912
>FO3 still best FO
Nah mate, it's easily the worst
>>
>>28566587

I don't really think some of those fit the retro futuristic 1950s aesthetic.
>>
>>28574494
F4 is the same universe as 3. Bethesda hates Obsidian for not dropping the ball so NV doesn't exist to them. But 3 had the AK and the G3 looking US assault rifle. Where'd they go?! Hell, weapon customization? Hello M4 platform, seriously, NV had it but Beth was too mad that their game did good they didn't want anything to do with it.
>>
>>28581229

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_weapons
>>
>>28566587
>>Commie weapons like the AK series, SVD, VSS, etc

THIS. As I understand the US was on decent terms with the USSR thanks to China emerging as colossal assholes. I wish there were more eastern weapons to show up.

Not laying all over the place, but there should be more, I think.
>>
>>28570883
>implying raiders wouldn't leave shit around throughout the course of two whole fucking centuries
>>
>>28581312
They'd be rare though. The US Gov was ok with Russia, but the entire populace was still "Only good commie is a dead one" and owning a Russian rifle might put you on the fast track to a seat in front of the HUAC it'd be neat though. Like 3s AK and other awesome ones floating around
>>
File: no.png (466 KB, 984x1088) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
no.png
466 KB, 984x1088
>>28575750
>learning a bolt cycling technique where you intentionally break sight picture
>>
File: ChryslusAd1.png (716 KB, 1024x423) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ChryslusAd1.png
716 KB, 1024x423
>>28581284

I stand corrected, but some of those still look out of place as hell.
>>
>>28581284

>open link
>Go to Rifles
>G11
>mfw
>>
>>28566587
your choices are gross


I just want consistent lore with previous fallout games.

People like you are why generic looking weapons are always at the top of mod charts
>>
>>28566587
>AA-12
Wow. How gay are you?
>>
>>28571269

yeah but fallout universe is stuck in 1950s mode where you can just buy guns in the mail senpai
>>
>>28581717

>consistent lore

See >>28581284

>Desert Eagle
>P90
>G11
>H&K CAWS
>Pancor Jackhammer
>L85 LSW
>M60

Small arms technology did not stagnate in the Fallout universe. And the Great War happened 61 years from now; that's a lot of time to go from chemical bang-bangs to 1950's style sci-fi rayguns.
>>
>>28581628
>my gun has to have the same aesthetics as my fancy pansty luxury car
>>
File: 1453006311310.jpg (32 KB, 499x499) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453006311310.jpg
32 KB, 499x499
>>28566857
>y-you are supposed to go against your gamer instinct and play the game inefficently anon
>>
>>28581798

For some reason, a lot of people seemed to think that in the Fallout universe, America retained the same culture, art, music, and general aesthetic from 1945 to fucking 2077. While it was surely different from our history, I doubt culture was just frozen in time. More likely, there was a gradual shift in the 21st century back towards that aesthetic out of a generational nostalgia as the world spiraled into hell.
>>
File: 1452122785279.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452122785279.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>28568041
you don't even need those fully upped combat rifle + psycojet (lol who need chem perk to mix chems lol) kills everything ever
>>
>>28566552
obsidian wasnt any better. Level 30 in new vegas? Almost all the encounters are against low level shit like legion recruits. I fixed most of those in a TTW mod, turns out the devs were retarded and didnt know how their own game worked, so they checked a flag that made most encounters spawn the level 1 version evne if you were level 30.

It was very obvious in the level 50 DLCs beacuse you could go in there at max level and the minimum level version would spawn that you could kill in one shot.

And to fix it all they had to do was uncheck a flag in the GECK. But they never did.
>>
File: fallout14.jpg (132 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fallout14.jpg
132 KB, 1600x900
Hopefully mods won't be hard to import from NV to FO4. I want to go deathclaw hunting while wearing lingerie.
>>
>>28563495
Dunno about you but I ended up having 70+ fusion cores and always using power armor. I even used the gatling laser since I had that many.
>>
>>28566774
The way that fish was pulled reminded me of fulton extractions in Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain...
>>
>>28582006

Level scaling is cancer, some things should cause a low-level character to run.

Area scaling with rare roaming non-area level encounters is the way to go.
>>
Will you guys be tricked and buy the dlc ?


Fallout 4 fell off really fast after a month .


They wont release the geck until they make some shekles off the dlc.
>>
>>28582455
Their trick is to release DLC with just enough content to make the assets interesting to modders, which then forces you to buy it to use that particular mod.
>>
>>28581784
>He doesn't know about the BADTFL
>>
>>28582374
a game without level scaling is boring though because you have to waste your time fighting trash mobs.

you know, like morrow wind and the cliff racers.
>>
>>28582563

Cliff racers are shit, but it makes more sense to not level scale.
It's more consistent.
>>
>>28582599
i think most people care about the fun factor as opposed to having to waste time fighting through shitty low level enemies everytime they want to walk somewhere.

>oh look more raiders with lead pipes trying to rob me even though i am wearing power armor
>>
>>28582661

True, I am aware that my simulationist fun is not for everybody.

I just have problems sustaining my disbelief when shit like level scaling is present.
>>
>>28566587
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/?

Happy hunting.
>>
>>28582661
>>28582718
Actually, one of the neat things in the enemy AI is that they'll run away if they realize they can't hurt you. However, as the DR system is, even in PA, the gap isn't wide enough for them to just start running for the hills. We'll have to wait for mods to overhaul the combat like they did in Skyrim.

Same goes for level scaling. There's mods in Skyrim that get rind of it and separate the game into zones. It's only a matter of time.
>>
>>28582661
>oh look a raider with a pipe rifle trying to rob me even though I'm in full XO1
>...that has to be taken out with 10 rounds of a fully upgraded Combat shotgun
>because muh precious leveled lists!

your preferences are shit m8. skyrim and FO4 gameplay is repetitive as fuck because they refused to do LIKE THEY SAID and make the map "more dangerous" the lower on it you go. if you run down to the glowing sea below level 20 things like radsquorpions simply don't spawn. If you do the story mission to find kellog too quickly they replace the deathclaw that spawns on the railroad tracks, dogs, and super mutants, with fucking bears and molerats.

the idea of constant leveled difficulty is fucking terrible bethcuck.
>>
>>28562785

Fucking waterjacket and a saw handguard, fuck those guns are gay.
>>
>>28563627

I found a mod that let's you add .308 and .50 receivers for the minigun.

I dropped the .50 on an incendiary minigun. That combined with the ammo crafting mod makes it op as fuck
>>
>>28578508

>Fist of the Emperor
>hat doesn't say "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"
>>
I'm just waiting for the G.E.C.K so then Millenia will port all of his New Vegas weapons to Fallout 4.
>>
>>28563570
I laughed
>>
>>28583081
>mods will fix it

Number one problem right there. As a modder since fucking Daggerfall (I was inspired by AndyFall waaaay back in 1998) I can tell you one major thing that has stuck with Bethesda over the years and that's it's modding community. Elder Scrolls games probably have had the largest modding community in gaming history, I'd say even larger than the huge community surrounding the original UT, Quake, and Doom and really that's the biggest downfall of Bethesda games. They've gotten so bad that they're almost parodies of themselves at this point, with fucking delusional, autistic developers who are well beyond their prime still at the helm the games have gotten worse and worse. Magic in Skyrim? Yeah, I like the way you can fire off fireballs and shit and cast a ward like some shield but come on the entire system is basically kid's play bullshit to begin with. There's no complexity or difficulty, being a wizard is basically setting yourself up to be an invincible badass because you can pick one or two spells and just power through any and all opposition.

Fallout 4 has suffered from that same fucking thing. Bethesda has forgotten that your character is not the second-coming of Christ, he's just a guy that makes a difference. (ESPECIALLY in Fallout) Once you shift the focus from "this is a story we're trying to tell" to "lel this is a wacky zany sandbox game xD!!!" you've effectively jumped the fucking shark. They should have somebody who is the final check to everything, some guy who acts as a bullshit-detector for all the creative processes that happens in-house who can say, "yeah, Todd? No more press conferences for you because you talk out of your ass all the time, you're worse than some 15 year old on IRC holy shit." Or, "we totally should actually try and stick with the lore on this one," for every single Fallout game they've put out and that even includes Obsidian's attempt at unfucking their completely idiotic design process. 1/2
>>
>>28583081
>>28585062

They know that no matter how fucking hard they screw it all up the modders will swoop in and go "can we fix it? Hell yes we can and also add a gratuitous amount of tits!" So the modding team smiles and watches people play their shitty failure of a game that their absolutely dedicated fans are taking and hammering out all the flaws and bugs. I'm sure Bethesda legitimately thinks they produce quality games, forgetting that back in the 90's they went the extra mile to create this cool as fuck game and experience for the player. I talked about having a box with a burned map in it, and yeah, they literally fucking did that. They printed off a whole stack of maps, took them out to the parking lot, and then torched them for a little bit before putting out the fire to give the maps this authentic, rustic look and it was AWESOME. They went from that level of dedication and detail to... in-game assets that make abso-fucking-lutely no sense at all, broken systems, (let's face it, building construction is a stupid, shitty feature shoe-horned in at the last minute) and so many bugs that were obviously never even graced upon in testing. Even major questlines in several of their games have been completely fucked by major bugs that, if they actually had played through them, they would have quickly discovered these issues which is why vanilla Skyrim is a largely unplayable piece of shit. I would say "oh, too sad for all those console gamers" but honestly fuck them. Fuck consoles and fuck the people who exclusively play them because they're the other half of the problem. All these games are dumbed down, stunted shadows of what they were supposed to be because they're made to also run on a shitty niche-use PC that we know as an xbox or equivalent console. Then when release actually comes, you have people's big, bad bomber computer that's grind to a halt when they try to load Skyrim because of the atrocious optimization.

Fuck Bethesda.
>>
>>28583081
>>28585062
>>28585085

Fuck it, 3/2 right here:

All of this is completely fucking obvious when you do actually poke into the files of the game. All that radiantAI shit that you saw in Skyrim? That was supposed to be for Oblivion originally, and even then Skyrim's final product was watered down bullshit. They had talked up this persistent world that would function with or without you but ultimately dropped it in favor of building a series of Jesus simulators with progressive levels of complete fucking absurdity. Finally when it came down to actually getting their grubby paws on a series that had an establish fanbase, established lore, atmosphere, and a direction for the very interesting story, they completely fucking tossed all that out the window and pulled an EA. Fallout 3 was a crappier total conversion of Oblivion (seriously) that dropped all pretense of "hey let's tell a story about humanity and add on to this rich and amusing lore that is the Fallout universe" and just went with "LOL WHATEV FIND UR DAD, FUK SHIT UP, SICK VATS SLOMO MODE TOO!!!" (which is a broken pile of shit by the way)

Everything they had going for them they've stomped on and ruined. You can tell the developers are getting older, somehow their advancing age lowers their maturity as it kills any desire to explore and take creative risks. We've gone from the grimdark humor of Fallout 1 and 2 (which, granted, wasn't exactly sophisticated or smart) to stupid slapstick fart jokes and I am honestly fucking surprised Fallout 4 was not chock full of meme bullshit because it felt like I was playing something like Goat Simulator. I realize I've bounced a lot from point to point here but let's face it, there's just so much goddamn shit to talk about when it comes to how badly Bethesda has raped the Elder Scrolls and Fallout franchises with their stupid, lazy bullshit.

Sorry about that, but I've been a loyal fan for over a decade and it's gotten me to this point.
>>
>>28585297

It's ok. I feel and share your pain.
>>
>>28585345
Thanks anon, I just..

care too much
>>
>>28585062
>that's it's modding community.
>Pff... try again, buckaroo, and this time, bring a dictionary!

...I'm not really raging, but I'm pretty damn disappointed as well. I feel ya.
Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 46
Thread DB ID: 436239



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.