[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad that I actually kind of want the habbening to well, happen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: 1451586068070.jpg (150KB, 720x954px) Image search: [Google]
1451586068070.jpg
150KB, 720x954px
Am I fucked up or is this a legitimate opinon?
>>
File: 1452558343129.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1452558343129.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>28524833

I doubt you really want the happening to happen. You just want something to take you away from the mundane horror of postmodern life, and maybe to kill some people you don't like without legal consequences. That's normal.
>>
>>28524833
>no water
>no AC or heater
>no food options you have to go get it
>Constant threat of death
etc.
>>
Some say we should be the happening
>>
File: 1451551754778.jpg (77KB, 597x714px) Image search: [Google]
1451551754778.jpg
77KB, 597x714px
>>28524957
I don't harbor any violent urges or anything, I just feel like the reset button needs to be pressed on society.

People have become too soft, they've lost focus on what's important. The deck needs to be reshuffled.
>>
>>28525038
Jesus Christ I sound like an extreme edgelord faggot.
>>
>>28525038
>>28525062

So anyway, yeah, you just want to escape the mundane horror of postmodern life. There's a reason I phrased it like that. I don't want the happening to happen, because my dog needs her medication, but yes, I would also like to live in a world where everything didn't feel so pointless and arbitrary. That's normal.
>>
>>28525038
While that is edgy as bismuth, you're kinda right in that regard as it was a softness and complacency in europe that allowed that shit over new years to even happen.

God I miss the soviets, I mean then we had a legitimate "hey this is the endgame of what thes fuckheads want" example...
>>
File: Spider Feels.jpg (71KB, 857x626px) Image search: [Google]
Spider Feels.jpg
71KB, 857x626px
>tfw want a small happening
>tfw milfag so actual Happening would mean family getting tortured and raped to death by edgy /k/ browsers.

Feels bad man
>>
>>28524833
That's because you're probably under 25 and don't have any real concept of responsibilities/real life/survival yet. It will pass as you get older.
>>
The last year should have shown you that everywhere on the planet, the second things start going bad, the people clamor for a strong government to protect them. Americans wanted to monitor the locations of Muslim immigrants and restart war in the ME. French people applauded when their government lowered the requirements for declaring martial law. People do dumb, selfish things when they're threatened. Be grateful that you live in a time and place where you can see the good parts of people.
>>
>>28525227
This is true.
In all fairness though, if everything collapsed there would be no government to clamor to.
>>
>>28525310
Just strong men with guns
>>
>>28524833
geDD out off hear gondola :DD
>>
File: 1434080871709.png (36KB, 249x212px) Image search: [Google]
1434080871709.png
36KB, 249x212px
>>28525359
>>
>>28524975
So basically perfect for people who aren't bitches
>>
You think you do because you think it will be without modern responsibilities and stresses like going to work while putting the stresses and responsibilities of such a situation in the back of your head. Fact is, SHTF scenarios would suck ass
>>
>>28524957
This.

Also likely no power unless you fucking hoard generators, and own a running gas station and/or found a way to ensure your fuel doesn't evaporate.

Trust me, you don't want SHTF.
>>
>>28524975
sounds fun
>>
>>28525938
so your saying i should buy some solar panels?

also i'd like to point this out if you run a generator in adverse circumstances
http://www.alpharubicon.com/altenergy/gensetquiet.htm
>>
>>28524833
>Am I fucked up or is this a legitimate opinon?
How would you feel with:
-no internet
-no hot water
-wiping your ass with Rite in the Rain
-being sick literally every winter
-no fruits or vegetables
-no friends
-no girlfriend (but you may be able to rape someone once every other year). Even if you have one right now, she'll start bitching pretty quickly and will leave you for a guy better equipped than you
-everyone you meet will probably try to kill you

Unless you already have a super tight knit community of survival-minded people, like the amish: or a bunker, you will suffer and die in a puddle of puke (yours), piss (maybe yours, maybe someone else's) and jizz (definitely not yours).
>>
>>28524975
>cholera, cholera everywhere...
>>
File: neckbeard-teenager.png (455KB, 595x622px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-teenager.png
455KB, 595x622px
>>28525038
>>
File: 1370349079312.gif (1011KB, 276x250px) Image search: [Google]
1370349079312.gif
1011KB, 276x250px
>>28525895
>personal army request
>the Two-Thousand-and-Sixteenth Year of Our Lord
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqovm-Io2D0
>>
>>28524833
>I like wiping my bootyhole with ultra soft TP
> I like not fighting starvation on a daily basis
> electricity is pretty cool

Part of me says lets get it over with and let it happen. Sure it would suck and there is a pretty good chance of death but as far as living through the happening, I stand a lot better chance as a 25 year old in good physical condition. 30 years down the road the happening would probably just be an instant death sentence.
>>
File: image.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>>28524833
Anyone on /k/ who says they don't want the habbening Is either a liar, or a complete fucking pussy.
I pray every god damn night to the almighty kube, that shit will finally hit the fucking windmill.
>>
>>28525038
>People have become too soft, they've lost focus on what's important

All we need for that to be fixed is a good ol' world war.
>>
You would not survive any sort of major collapse, most people would not. You do not have any way of collecting or purifying water, you more than likely have less than 2 weeks worth of provisions in your home, your local grocery stores do not have more than a few days worth of food and would be raided immediately. You wouldn't die fighting, you would die slowly and painfully within about a month after anything happened.
Honestly, most people have no idea how this country actually works. When the trucks stop coming, you stop eating. What are you going to forage? Fucking concrete?
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 278x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 278x306px
>>28524957
This

>You just want something to take you away from the mundane horror of postmodern life
>>
>>28527477
Go camping. I know it sucks but there's not much we can do about it besides killing ourselves. I don't know about you but I'm not going to do that any time soon.
>>
>>28527448
>I have a 2500L water tank
>I have probably at least a few months of food stored (I cook in big batches and then freeze stuff, so a fair bit would go off but whatever)
>I'm one of only about 5% of my country with guns

Yeah, I'll be fine.

>What are you going to forage?
Wait, are you saying that there'll be lots of people dying *and* that there'll be no food?
Why not just eat the people?
>>
>>28524833
It's ok bro. I kind of want it to. We are so far gone in the west that our only hope is to rise like a Phoenix from the ashes
>>
>>28525339
Aka government
>>
>>28527600

Oh jeez with 2500l of water and a few months of food you can now without a shadow of a doubt survive societal collapse!
>>
>>28525038
gotta go edge
>>
>>28527600
Do I really need to explain to you that most people do not have a 2500L water tank and that if you do have these supplies that you'd likely be fine for a few months?
Come on bro.

Of course I'd eat the people.
>>
>>28525194

Pretty much this.

I thought this way too OP. Then I got a job, married, family, had to take care of older parents, yadda yadda. Im also big into minimalist camping, and let me tell you you do not want the happening to happen. It will be fucking awful and you're going to lose a lot of people you love for no good reason.
>>
>>28527279
>good ol' world war

I could probably do with this. One which maybe isn't quite as bad as the others but has some rough times with rationing complete gutting of social programs. Something to make people less progressive. I fucking hate progressives. Straight stage 4 cancer
>>
ITT: People wishing for stuff they don't really want but may get anyway. Soon. I figure we have until near the end of the decade before hell cracks, but what do I know.

I'd rather live in a gimped America than the impoverished metrosexual panopticon of a police-state shithole we're cobbling together for ourselves.
>>
>>28527975
Yeah that's because you're a piece of shit.
Millions dying is fine as long as it suits your personal agenda? Excellent.
Understand that once this bubble bursts, it's fucking bursting hard.
>>
>>28527930
>one which maybe isn't quite as bad as the others
>thinking any modern military will ever fight a conventional war against anyone other than a 2nd or 3rd world country
>not understanding the globalist agendas in place
>>
>>28527997
I'm not sixteen any more. I'm not fantasizing about a god damn thing.

Russia *is* gearing up to go into the Baltics. China *is* putting warships in the water at a rate higher than anybody has since us in WW2. Gavin Newsom *is* going to be the next governor of my flailing state, and Hillary bids fair to be our next President -- and both are treacherous pieces of liberal antifun shit. State debts and national dents continue to go through the goddam roof. A fifth of the population is on food stamps. And we are teaching our kids that chopping your dick off and pretending you're a girl is a perfectly valid life choice, drugs are a sort of health food, and that our entire past history is Old and Evil and should be shitcanned or retconned.

A happy, healthy, self confident America could handle the shit that's coming down the pike, even if the economy was on the skids. This shithole? Not so much. So batten the hatches.
>>
I live in alaska. Sure society collapsing would decimate the population up here. But that'd be welfare Queen natives/ military. We'd be left with a hearty mix of survivors and could rebuild. Also you tend to find a sense of community in the rural areas you don't typically find in the lower 48.
Wood stoves/boilers already provide many many people with heat and hot water and we have no shortage of lumber.
Add to that we also have a supply of oil and coal. All it would take is some bold leader to take over the coal mine in healy and send coal to one of our many power plants and boom the grid is back up locally. (Assuming they left an owners manual or someone who worked there is alive still.) We have active refineries for turning crude oil into gasoline or other fuels. We also have an excellent growing season for alot of kinds of produce.
>>
>>28528103
>I'm not fantasizing about a god damn thing.
Never said you were pops.
Do you really think China is going to go to war with their cash cow? Do you really think any president is ever going to actually go to war with Russia? Did any of the other super powers of the pre-world war II world go to war with us as we became the dominant super power? No.
What you'll see is just more and more cold wars until one day we're just one big happy fucking world government.
If you think that we'll ever actually go to war with Russia or China outside of a few isolated skirmishes then you're just another delusional retard.
>G l o b a l
>E c o n o m y
>>
>>28528135
I would also love a "some country got the balls to invade the continental US" situation. Our coasts are overpopulated liberal shitholes and could defiantly use some indescriminate bombing. It could only be used as pro gun propaganda. Could you imagine some idiot "if only we banned their guns they couldn't invade". It would give many of us the chance to operate without renewing our passports or swearing fealty to whoever gets shit on less each 4 years. And a sudden spike in the availability of real weapons of war. Mudslimes in the middle east get taxpayer funded weaponry I want some too.
>>
I think part of the reason why some kinda catastrophe (zombie outbreak, civil war, natural disaster, civil collapse, etc.) seems so appealing is because of the way you get to truly take matters into your own hands.

It's the ultimate form of independence. The safety and security of you and your loved ones rests solely with you. If there is a problem you go take care of it. No safety net of firedepartments and police and modern infrastructure. Just you. No laws and bureaucracy, you decide what needs to be done and you do it.

It's the sense of pure purpose.

In practice it's stressful and terrifying, but in theory it can sound much more exciting and fulfilling than the monotony of day-to-day life in the modern age.
>>
>>28524833
You don't actually want it to happen, you just think you do. There's a difference
>>
>>28524833
It's ok. You'll be an adult eventually and that feeling will pass once you have a job and stop playing stupid zombie games all day.
>>
>>28530355
It didn't go away for me. I think the first post here really got it right with
>the mundane horror of postmodern life
I've felt that every single day since I was a teenager and I'm almost 30 now.
>>
I like the concept of "the happening" happening sooner than later just because of the way our society has changed since the loss of drafts and wars. We've become a pansy society that no longer focuses on actual problems and instead creates issues that aren't actual issues
>transgender rights
>imagined race war
>feminism
>equality for all in a capitalist society
>gun rights to lawful citizens

At the same time though, we'd see plenty of people dying of easily treatable causes in pre-the happening world. Diseases, infections from simple scratches, starvation, roving gangs of radicalists, etc. Only those with special skills in medicine, military tactics, survival and those who have prepped a ridiculous amount would be fine, and you'd have to have all of those attributes with the supplies to make those skills feasible.

But what do I know? I'm just a paramedic
>>
>>28526107
>boil water
>???
>Not have cholera
>>
>>28524957
>>28524957
>>28524957
>>28524957
/thread for everyone
>>
>>28530375
We all have. There's a middle ground here. Find a hobby or something.
>>
>>28533008
>Make a fire to boil water
>???
>Get shot
>>
>>28528103
>And we are teaching our kids that chopping your dick off and pretending you're a girl is a perfectly valid life choice,

except there's nothing wrong with that anon
>>
I want a mid-grade happening so that I can get /comfy/ and watch it on Livestream.
>>
>>28524957

>You just want something to take you away from the mundane horror of postmodern life, and maybe to kill some people you don't like without legal consequences. That's normal.

/k/, a magical place.
>>
>>28525038

This is why we need a new Soviet Union, and why Oblango hasn't murdered ISIS in the vain hope that they might grow to fill that role.
>>
>>28527663
Got my eye on the two hot chink bitches across the street...
>>
>>28524833
The power went out last night and I damn near jumped for joy as I ran it the safe. Any excuse to open carry around the house, I suppose.
>>
Today when I was going in my house, I noticed a steel 9mm case sitting on my porch that I dropped coming back from the range. I thought about picking up, but then I was like "Nawww, looks good there. Looks scary."
>Some men just want to watch the world burn
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.