[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If lightsabers existed, would they be the most OP melee weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 26

If lightsabers existed, would they be the most OP melee weapons ever made? Assuming there was no The Force and it was wielded by a normal person.

Practically weightless so even a child can wield it.
Because it has no blade weight, it can swing faster.
360 degrees of passive cutting so no strength or momentum needed.
Due to the 360 degrees of cutting, it opens up possibilities to different stances and angles.
Can cut through practically anything.
Can be turned on and off instantly making the parrying game against another lightsaber extremely risky.

Even if you don’t like Star Wars, the lightsaber is an interesting as fuck weapon.
>>
>beam of light
Striking another beam of light from another light saber, it would simply pass thru it
Beam could be a mile long since no blade weight, cutting down everything in its way
>>
>>28523677
lol ???
>>
>>28523579
Only semi practical way a light saber could work is like the beam katana from No More heroes(atleast the base one with the extender that stops the beam.
>>
>>28523677
We're talking about lightsabers anon, not realistic laser swords
>>
File: lightsaber.png (269KB, 1623x608px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber.png
269KB, 1623x608px
>>28523677
Not if it was made of magnetically confined plasma. Then they would repulse each other.
Plasma is positive charge. Magnetic field would be positive. Repulsing another blade, requiring a great deal of force to impact.

Also rate my lightsaber.
>>
lack of weight would be a liability. Lack of any sort of handguard or protection would be further liability (even if the other beam of light could be blocked by yours, just slide the beam down the haft and cut their fingers off). Plus without the Force you couldn't block or deflect shit. It might be better than a knife, except that its a giant humming flashlight so you'd get no stealth factor. As a sort of military cutting tool for carving open tanks or some such it might work.
>>
can it resist a nuke?
>>
>>28523579
It would be incredibly difficult to master
>one false move and you've amputated your limb, not even a cut to warn you
>super light, so very difficult to use physics to predict where the end of the blade is

Those two reasons alone make it harder to wield than any bladed sword
>>
>>28523706
lightsabers stick to each other when two beams contact each other, so you cant slide them together
>>
>>28523732
If the blade was made of a dense plasma, then it should have a good portion of the equivalent weight of water.
>>
>>28523706
This anon raises good points. Although in melee combat, it would be OP as fuck, considering the only thing that can block it is another light saber. The only action would could take is running/dodging. And the one wielding the lightsaber wouldn't need much skill. Just to basically touch their opponent with little force required
One would only have to worry about being shot, if no one else was wielding one as well.
>>
>>28523767
then pull back slightly and slide down
>>
>>28523579
Would be cool to carry one around for breaching. Need to get into a home? Don't want to go through the front door? Don't want to set off a huge blast that lets everyone know you're coming? Cut a hole in their wall.
>>
>>28523579
I see it working better as a bayonet, make it half the length of a regular lightsaber blade and you have a fearsome weapon.
>>
>>28523796
Only have to worry about being shot

>only

That's a pretty big fucking worry if your effective reach is 2 meters....
>>
>>28523579
Yea they would.

With more hand protection they'd be the most OP melee weapon in fiction too.

Rens Crossguard one had they made the most of the crossguard in the film would probably be up there.
>>
>>28523732
It's pretty skill-less actually, since you don't need force at all you can pretty wildly and very quickly perform strikes only using your wrist
>>
File: capture10.png (328KB, 748x491px) Image search: [Google]
capture10.png
328KB, 748x491px
>>28523732
It would be incredibly difficult to master
>one false move and you've amputated your limb, not even a cut to warn you

Just like a firearm or conventional blade, you're taught not to ever point it as someone and especially not at yourself. As long as you're not retarded, a little discipline and you're fine.

>super light, so very difficult to use physics to predict where the end of the blade is

Going off point #1, Count Dooku's lightsaber should negate both your reasons. Not only does its natural curve keep it pointing away from you, you can use its shape to keep an idea of where it's pointed to as well.

>Those two reasons alone make it harder to wield than any bladed sword

Is harder to wield? Probably, but it's benefits enormously make up for its higher difficulty curve.
>>
File: jNvGCzC.jpg (158KB, 1600x766px) Image search: [Google]
jNvGCzC.jpg
158KB, 1600x766px
Except the "weightlessness" is not weightlessness in the traditional sense of the word.
>Due to the weightlessness of plasma and the strong gyroscopic effect generated by it, lightsabers required a great deal of strength and dexterity to wield, and it was extremely difficult - and dangerous - for the untrained to attempt using.
>>
File: k1XKNPS.jpg (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
k1XKNPS.jpg
158KB, 1920x1080px
>>28524005
Another note.
>...and the gyroscopic effect caused resistance to changes in motion, or built up momentum so quickly than an untrained wielder could lose control of the weapon.
>>
>>28523732
As long as it balances toward where the blade comes out of, you wouldn't even notice the difference between a lightsaber and a really light sword.
>>
>>28523976

Dooku had the best lightsaber.

The fights in the films are very silly, though. So inefficient, especially for a weapon with those properties.
>>
>>28523706
>lack of weight would be a liability
According to conventional melee training, yes. But if you trained specifically with a lightsaber (and keep in mind, that means you could train with just a piece of metal projecting a harmless basic laser) there's little reason to imagine we wouldn't be capable of manipulating it properly.

Obviously, it's not going to be practical in modern combat. But for melee combat it's incredible.
>>
>>28524005
>plasma
>being weightless
wew lad
>>
File: image.jpg (250KB, 1280x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 1280x637px
>>28523579
Your quetion has already been answered
>>
File: NATCHOPC - WIN_20160101_033445.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NATCHOPC - WIN_20160101_033445.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
I have a light saber and its fucking rad
>>
>>28525096
That's a laser pointer, anon, not a lightsaber.
>>
>>28523703
dildo grip/10
>>
>>28523703
lookscomfytowield/10
>>
It would be useless without the force.

They're just an extremely dangerous sword without the ability to deflect projectiles

This is the whole reason these weapons died out in their own cannon universe.
>>
>>28526542
Really? Not because if the Empire saw you with one they'd go full-on ATF on you?
>>
Is there any way that someone with a longsword could defeat someone that has a lightsaber? No force stuff either.
>>
>>28526611
Yes. There's cortosis ore, which can do whatever the writer wants with a lightsaber. Usually it's used in vibroswords or armor to stop a lightsaber, but in its pure form in the ground it overloads the lightsaber and shuts it down.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 480x480px
Lightsaber pikes are where it's at, assuming the metal part is made of a material that can't be cut by a lightsaber blade.
>>
>>28523579
I would just shoot 12 gauge lightsabers out of a shotgun.
>>
>>28526659
I can't help but feel that the emperor's acolytes and the royal guard ripped off the old Mandalorians for their armor.
>>
>>28526611
>long sword guy raises sword above head to strike
>lightsaber guy holds it horizontally to block
>long sword swings down
>sword gets sliced in half
>the upper half continues moving and kills the lightsaber wielder
done
>>
>>28526745
>Actually giving a fuck about someone with a longsword when you have a weapon of mass destruction in your hands.
That's retarded, anon.
>>
>>28526509
hey it lights stuff on fire and burns people so its about as close as I will ever get to owning a real one
>>
>>28526745
>Blocking pleb tier blade with lightsaber.
>not using lightsaber's inherent speed and power to lob the attacker's arms off before he can react
>not cauterizing the wound, and killing off any nerve reaction before his mind can even register that his arms are suddenly lighter.
>not watching in glee as longsword then falls down on top of him, impaling him through the shoulder and torso
IT's like you want to suck at life.
>>
>>28523579
>trip
>whoops just cut my arm off
any retard that isn't trained is going to kill themselves soon enough.
>>
>>28526692
Fund it!
>>
>>28526611
Have you never played KotOR or seen episode 7 yet? Without the force, someone wielding a Lightsaber is just that. Someone wielding a Lightsaber. Yeah, it cuts through most materials with ease and there isn't just a "sharp" side to the blade. But someone who is skilled in the use of a sword or some other melee weapon can take on someone has a Lightsaber and little or less proficiency with their weapon than the other person. Of course, this is assuming that their weapon is made of a material resistant to a Lightsaber blade (cortosis, mandalorian iron, etc.) or exerts some kind or energy or force that repels it.

Without the use of force abilities and the kind of foresight force-users possess, a Lightsaber is just a fancy sword that cuts really good.

It does no good against blasters or other ranged weapons either if you can't sense where exactly the bolt will be be at at any given fraction of a second and lack the reflexes to deflect it.
>>
>>28523579

No, lightspears would be superior
>>
>>28526991
Have fun carrying your 5 ft.+ pole around as opposed to an approximate 8-12" saber hilt
>>
>>28526659
This is retarded
>>
Why is there no dagger version of a lightsaber. use some handwavy jumbo to make it quieter and it'd be a god tier assassin weapon
>>
Lightsabers are BAMF weapons in star wars because 90% of the baddies wield blasters, that fire energy dart/beams/bolts/things at a snail's pace.

Lightsaber VS normal steel sword: Draw, you could cut the other guy's sword apart, but attempting to block just means you get the laser-cut molten edge of a half-sword embedded in your gut.

Lightsaber VS any normal gun: Gun wins. You cannot swing that shit fast enough to swipe incoming bullets from the air. Even the damn Jedi couldn't.
>>
>>28523703
what is that software/app? I need it for experimentation.
>>
>>28526991
>>>28523579 (OP)
>No, lightspears would be superior

Absolutely.

Spear combat techniques are incredibly good. Put a lightsaber blade on one end? Yeah, that's the end of that.

Hell, you could make the damn thing look like some cool high-tech cane that telescopes when you fire up the plasma blade.
>>
>>28527476
>Lightsaber VS any normal gun: Gun wins. You cannot swing that shit fast enough to swipe incoming bullets from the air. Even the damn Jedi couldn't.

Pretty sure this used to be canon but don't know if it is anymore with the reboot. I remember reading something about Mandalorians using really dense slugs that couldn't be stopped by lightsabers when they were going up against Jedi or Sith rather than using blasters.
>>
>>28523925
That's why we said in melee combat.

It is a huge concern, but the only concern really. That or being bombed.
On the battlefield you'd probably have a ranged primary weapon. But in close quarters/melee only situations? Unless the enemy has one too, you+light saber is OP as fuck
>>
>>28524471
>the nigger isn't judas
3/10 little effort
>>
>>28523798
>Just exercise fine motion control in a fight to the death and do so before your opponent's blade, which is still being pushed towards you, reaches your flesh
>>
I always thought you could get something to work using additive sine waves set out of alignment with each other and using a very long wavelength. Real world distortions would prevent the beam from being a problem before the next node.
Think of something like a rogue wave:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YVZn46KgTs&list=PLF7FBE5EA5E56AF7E
>>
>>28523579
>Can cut through practically anything.
>practically

There's the key word. There are materials that lightsabers straight up can't cut, and there's at least one material that'll short a lighsaber on contact.

I'd still buy one though.
>>
>>28528633
Those materials are the most rare in the galaxy, anon.
>>
>>28527061

Have fun being dead when you realize the hard way that reach is king in melee combat
>>
What's interesting is how these would change breaching tactics. It still takes Mace Windu several seconds to cut through this fuck huge blast door but the thickness of it would stop anything short of a specialized tank shell otherwise.
>>
>>28523579
If lightsabers existed they would immediately become welding and plasma cutting implements and people would look at you the way they would if you were like "Hey I wanna have a chainsaw for home defense" and they'd be all "that's a tool for people who couldn't get into college and the immigrants I pick up at home depot."
>>
File: Jedi_cutting_door.png (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi_cutting_door.png
1MB, 1920x816px
>>28528721
Forgot my pick of Luke Skywalker
>>
>>28528727
It would be like taking a kitchen knife along as your camping knife?
>>
>>28528680
I didn't say that they were common. All it takes is one dude with a cortosis sword to fuck your shit up.
>>
>>28523579
Couldn't you just like wear a mirror?
>>
>>28528771
>All it takes is one dude with a cortosis sword to fuck your shit up.

We're not jedis so as long as you know how to spot one you can just pull out another weapon.
>>
>>28527434
Blade length can be controlled. IIRC Yoda's saber was only like .5 meters. There was a Sith dude (I think the ghost on Yavin 4 after Luke sets up his Academy there) who would change the length of the blade mid-fight and killed a bunch of Jedi using that trick
>>
File: Darth Vader and Cortosis.jpg (122KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader and Cortosis.jpg
122KB, 660x440px
>>28528830
>so as long as you know how to spot one

Vader got caught off guard by a cortosis alloy blade at least once. If he can't spot one then I think it's safe to say that most people can't.
>>
>>28528915
The bitch got force chocked to death, didn't she?
A cortosis blade it's nothing when you are a force user.
>>
>>28528897
>who would change the length of the blade mid-fight

Oh, yeah that's like the lightsaber style that involves cutting off your blade to go past the fighters guard then cutting it back on to slice him in half.
>>
>>28528937
>A cortosis blade it's nothing when you are a force user.

See

>>28523579
>Assuming there was no The Force and it was wielded by a normal person.

This thread is about the lightsaber itself, not the magical people who usually wield them.
>>
>>28528956
Then it's easier, you hit the cortosis blade with your hand, if you are wearing armor, or not, if you aren't a pussy, and it's destroyed.
>>
>>28528997
>Implying people don't use cortosis alloy
>Implying your first instinct wouldn't be to block with your weapon because materials that fuck with lightsabers are the most rare in the galaxy
>>
i think light sabers would be uses a breaching tools.
>>
>>28529040
Actually a lightsaber would be the most aggressive gun against people that don't have them. It would be a gun for attacking, so I wouldn't be trying to block his attack, I would try to hit him faster.
Unless the guy has a lightsaber, then both guys would be fighting like in the movies.
>>
>>28529065
If you can get someone close to a tank they can reduce it to scrap metal in seconds.
>>
>>28529065
I agree. The only downside would be losing the element of suprise from a c4/shotgun but people still use battering rams so it's a direct step up from those.

Honestly if you got to tinker with one instead of limiting it to movie version you could just create a 10lb version that'd slice through steel like butter but be too big to use as anything else.
>>
>>28523579
i think that light sabers are persistant blaster blasts, consistent and confined light
>>
>>28529098
when the crew of the tank isn't incompetent brown people or soldiers constrained by ROE getting that close to a tank is basically impossible.
>>
>>28529098
You'd be getting reduced to jello in the process if you didn't know where the rounds and fuel were stored
>>
>>28529119

Well, you're wrong, how about you learn a thing or two before making assumptions, it's shit like this that started the god delusion
>>
>>28529138
well explain what they actually are canonly you dick.
>>
>>28529147
Superheated baby souls in a glass tube you fucking dunce
>>
>>28528956
>>28528997
>>28529040
If the force doesn't exist why does cortosis?
>>
I'd rather have Kanan's lightsaber
>Oh no a cortosis blade my lightsaber's deactivated
>I guess I'll just use this blaster that's attached to my saber now
>>
>>28529199
or you could just invade their mind and have them kill them selves
>>
>>28529188
Why wouldn't it?
>>
>>28523579
I've actually thought of a way to make a Light Saber. It may not be "light", per se, but it is plasma.
>get a grip that can produce a plasma beam
>get magnets with coils around them
>also have the grip have a very strong magnet, so when it turns on the magnets levitate from the sword, moving with it where ever it goes
>turn on the plasma beam
>the beam is now being "controlled" by the magnets
>creates a sword like beam of plasma that can cut through most everything it touches

Does anyone see a problem here? Obviously too simple, but I think it could work some way.
>>
It would truly be THE MOST dangerous weapon of all time if the physics were true. However we aren't very far from having a weapon similar to a lighsaber. When NASA space crafts re-enter Earth's atmosphere the craft has to withstand immense amounts of heat in order to keep the astronauts from burning to death. They achieve this by using a ceramic able too withstand the conditions. This is how the weapon will work. Ceramic cylinders will come out just like a toy lighsaber however it will have small holes for plasma to come out of the sides of the cylinders. To make it rap around all you need is a magnetic coil around the holes in a uniform pattern in order to dispers the plasma equally. So yeah...not that far away from having a bad ass weapon for a more civilized age.
>>
File: 1442457096846.gif (402KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1442457096846.gif
402KB, 500x375px
>>28529231
>>28529249
>>
>>28528915

Sure, lady.

You've disabled his plasma sword. Pay no mind to the fact that he's a seven foot tall cyborg wizard who can kill people with his thoughts, and that his armor laughs at blaster fire.

Gotta admire her optimism.
>>
>>28527559
http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure

hope you have a decent computer, it needs a lot power to render
>>
>>28529231

This is literally what lightsabers are in canon.

They're only called "light" sabers because light is easier to work into a name than plasma.
>>
>>28523677
Not light. Plasma.
>>
>>28523579
The weightless blade and gyroscopic affect in the hilt make them very awkward tow weird, because they don't react how a sword "should" react (I'm not making it up, it's canon...was canon...) This is why few non-force users can use them anywhere near a level as a trained force sensitive.
>>
>>28523689
What he is saying is.

"Fucking laser beams man"
>>
>>28523579
lighsabers are too dangerous to be practical, it doesn't even require any significant force for the blade to cut something, just one wrong move and your hand is gone.
>>
>>28529964

That's cool, but none of the retarded shit Lucas said means shit anymore
>>
>>28526913
That goes for almost any weapon.
>>
>>28526729
Dude EVERYBODY ripped off Mandalorian armor.
>>
>>28530016
That was from EU man, Lucas didn't touch EU. In fact, pretty much the only stuff that is still can is the shit that Lucas said.
>>
>>28530028

Nah, they're gonna retcon the fuck out of the prequels soon enough
>>
That thing should consume a lot of energy ever time the blade is on.
>>
>>28528786
Mirrors melt anon
>>
>>28529333
Nah, if your browser support hardware acceleration for web-gl (my guess) you'd be fine even on toaster.
>>
>>28526611
There are metals that are resistant to light sabers and were used as armour and whatnot in the EU.
If it was in this universe, your only chance is being better at wielding a sword and be more nimble than your opponent and trying to take them out as quickly as possible.
I suppose if you get the angles right and they strike your blade, the melted metal of your blade could hit them and give you a few seconds to make a move
>>
>>28526913
well at least it gets cauterised
>>
>>28528134
I think other people besides the Mandalorians used slug throwers
>>
>>28523579
I feel like it would take forever to learn how to use a club like that. With no weight on the end it wouldbe unbalanced as fuck. Right now, go try swinging a flashlight like a lightsaber, its a bitch. I was questioning lightsabers since I was a kid
>>
>>28530380
I tried FF and Chrome, worked better in Chrome but not great. Might be my browsers not handling HW acceleration with dual-GPUs though
>>
No, they would be fucking terrible. They're borderline weightless, which means actually using one without the Force would lead to you just cutting yhe shit out of yourself. They also cauterize wounds instantly, making them less effective in combat even if you cut someone in fucking half (Darth Maul).
Also, if Lightsabers did start being a thing then we'd just start building important objects out of the materials Lightsabers can't cut.
On top of that, Lightsabers can't deflect bullets, only blaster plasma.
>>
File: LIGHTSABAR.png (251KB, 1231x648px) Image search: [Google]
LIGHTSABAR.png
251KB, 1231x648px
r8
>>
>>28530106
No mirrors reflect light.
>>
>>28526650
If I remember right cortosis got retconned. We still have Mandalorian Iron and Phrikk though.
>>
>>28530576
Dust or dirt on a mirror would heat up and damage the glass.
>>
>>28530458

Pencils are borderline weightless yet people seem to handle them just fine
>>
>>28530576
mirrors don't reflect plasma
>>
File: Hurr DurrHurr.jpg (180KB, 714x981px) Image search: [Google]
Hurr DurrHurr.jpg
180KB, 714x981px
>>28530450
Tus/k/en Raiders use space nuggets.
>>
>>28530485
bretty good / 10
>>
>>28530606
It's not a plasma Saber, it's a light saber. That's why you need a crystal.
Plasma is stupid.
>>
>>28523579
It's be the most stupid weapon. First of all, there's no weight to the blade. This is actually bad, considering the weapon can cut through human flesh in micro-seconds, and one lazy swipe will slash somebody clean in two. This means that the weight that would normally indicate where your blade was in a standard steel sword is no longer there, removing one of your senses in sword fighting, which is the ability to treat the sword as an extension of yourself through the feeling of the weight.

Secondly, because all the weight is distributed purely to the handle, which we can assume is light as fuck, it makes it very prone to spinning. This is very bad, considering the considerable damage it can do. One wrong flourish or parry, and you've lopped your own leg off.

Thirdly, even is you spent a godly amount of time with this weapon, training for decades, you would STILL eventually cause an accident to yourself with it. It is inevitable, due to the design and operation of the device. The only way jedi's avoid this is due to their pre-cognition abilities to determine the path of the blade and reflexively move out of the way. You don't have this.

In short, it's an incredibly shoddy melee weapon, not in terms of power, but in terms of usability. Give a man a sword, and at least he won't chop his own arm off with it, and he can still hack wildly away at people or stab violently. give a man a lightsaber and he'll decapitate himself, sever his own limbs or cauterize his stomach.

Even master swordsman still have times where their blades touch their bodies. this is usually fine as the sword is either single edged or it's the flat of the blade. A lightsaber has no flat, only flesh melting pain.
>>
>>28531328
I bet you dont even cc +1
>>
>>28531399
Condition one, always.
>>
>>28531328
>which we can assume is light as fuck, it makes it very prone to spinning.
Actually older canon EU (and even stuff as recent as TCW) states that Lightsaber hilts are pretty damn heavy and have a built-in gyroscope mechanism to keep them from twirling too easily and act as a pommel/counterbalance.

Everything else is correct
>>
>>28530583
Pencils don't cut people in half and you use them in inch/centimeter increments.
Try using those foot long giant pens and then get back to me, moron.
>>
>>28531451
>canon

I don't pay much attention to the canon of Star Wars, but always happy to learn something new, even if it proves me partially wrong.
>>
I always wondered why someone just wouldn't use a shotgun as the ultimate anti-jedi weapon. Seriously, some 00 buckshot out of a 12ga and that Jedi is fucked. The projectiles are travelling faster than blaster shots seem to travel. There's many projectiles all travelling slightly different paths. They're solid, meaning at most you could put your lightsaber in they way and vaporize them, but they won't be deflected.

>BAM
>several 00 buckshots flying towards jedi
>swings lightsaber to deflect
>catches 2-3 shots on it, they vaporize in the beam
>rest smash into the jedi
>this kills the jedi

Now arm a whole anti-jedi squad of stormtroopers with these weapons and you're golden
>>
>>28531532
A jedi would sense the shots coming anyways and just Force them out of the way, hell Kylo Ren does that to a blaster bolt in TFA.
Plus, pretty much all armor that anyone wears stop conventional ballistic "slug-throwers" which is why they're so uncommon.
>>
>>28531552
yes, for the first time in star wars, we see a jedi stop a blaster bolt midair. One shot. That travels relatively slow.

Somehow I think a jedi would have trouble stopping 6 stormtroopers firing semi-auto 12ga at them.

I've also never really got that about star wars. The only people that wear armor are stormtroopers, and it's fucking shit against blasters, which even peasants on shit-tier planets have. It's not like how police wear ballistic vests that stop everything short of rifle cartridges because they will pretty much never encounter a criminal firing a rifle at them. Stormtroopers would be encountering blasters fucking everywhere, and their armor is useless. The rebels don't wear armor, and it's not like they die any easier to blaster fire. It's also made clear that stormtrooper armor heavily restricts movement and vision.

idk, I just never liked how it seemed pointless.
>>
>>28531589
Just google Slugthrower. Jedi would get hit all the time. They weren't energy based to they couldn't be deflected by a lightsaber. However, looking at how a jedi sentinel plays in SWTOR, they can easily manipulate plenty of incoming projectiles with the Force.
>>
>>28531589
Canonically, the armor is actually outstanding against blasters, rated like an AR500 is against AP 30-06. The problem is the Lucas is a hack and wanted the rebels to fucking destroy everything. The first movie, when you see the stormtroopers board Leia's ship? That's EXACTLY what stormtroopers are like, canonically. Hardcore motherfuckers that rape everything within sight.
>>
>>28531589
The stormtrooper white armor was based off the Kamino people, who only saw in infered or something.
>>
>>28531589
>Somehow I think a jedi would have trouble stopping 6 stormtroopers firing semi-auto 12ga at them.
Well you're completely wrong, so that's neat.

Part of the Jedi creed is that they intentionally limit their powers. Most Jedi can probably stop blaster bolts and even faster shots, they choose to use the Lightsaber instead. Kylo Ren is the first Sith/Dark Jedi we've seen that wasn't previously a full-fledged Jedi so he clearly doesn't care for that custom.

Hell, later in TFA he only blocks Rey's blaster shots manually to intimidate her.

You have to be one massive fucking Fudd to believe that your granpappy's Remington is going to put down a Jedi
>>
>>28531619
>canonically
meh. I've never been much concerned with the whole expanded universe thing. The way I see it, stormtrooper armor is the way it is in the movies. Even in that opening sequence, they get several of themselves killed, and they're only fighting the crew of a ship that's only armed with blaster pistols.

I also don't see how Lucas can be a hack of the canon that he created. expanded universe stuff created after his movies can't then call him a hack for not agreeing with stuff that was made up afterwards....
>>
>>28531619
Also, the fan theory that the Stormtroopers were under orders to NOT kill Luke, Leia or the Droids is pretty solid given how Empire and RotJ play out.
>>
>>28531619
>Canonically
No, it's not good. Stormtrooper armor is canonically shit
>>
File: muhammedgetout.png (419KB, 1274x366px) Image search: [Google]
muhammedgetout.png
419KB, 1274x366px
rate my saber /k/
>>
>>28526530

> Dildo Grip...
> Be aware that porn exists with lightsaber Dildo's
> Not sure how to feel
>>
File: saber.png (967KB, 1583x760px) Image search: [Google]
saber.png
967KB, 1583x760px
Well, I guess this is a good a time as any to fuck around with saber builders. r8 m80s
>>
>>28530450
Trandoshans use projectile weapons too
>>
>>28532272

as far as I am aware trandoshians use energy weapons designed to look like projectile weaponry

> Source Star Wars Republic Commando
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Accelerated_Charged_Particle_Array_Gun
>>
>>28532241
What did ya use to make that m9?
>>
>>28523703
Looks pretty standard/10
>>
>>28531463
I have a foot long giant penis and it works just fine.
>>
>>28532632
how the fuck do you walk
>>
>>28532429
It's canon, that gun was in TCW, too.
>>
>>28532456
See
>>28529333
>>
>>28523579
If you're a weab who thinks swords > guns, then yes.
>>
>>28523579
>360 degrees of cutting
Oh, lightsabers actually burn a lot hotter then that you moron.
>>
>>28534105
Well, in universe it makes sense for the Jedi. It's primarily a defensive weapon for them, unlike a blaster. And for Sith it's the ultimate expression of being so powerful you don't have to use ranged weapons.

>>28534122
360 degrees as in the blade cuts at every angle of incidence, not temperature, buddy.
>>
>>28531633
where the hell is that stated
>>
File: lightsaber dual.png (1MB, 1660x830px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber dual.png
1MB, 1660x830px
>>28523579
rate 1/3?
>>
File: lightsaber sword.png (1MB, 1660x830px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber sword.png
1MB, 1660x830px
>>28535198
2/3
>>
File: lightsaber polearm.png (1MB, 1660x830px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber polearm.png
1MB, 1660x830px
>>28535198
>>28535211
3/3
>>
>>28535226
Idigit/10
>>
Don't you need the force to be able to use one to its potential? You couldn't block any projectiles or do any cool Jedi shit with it so it's basically just a really good sword
>>
>>28535264
Yea but you could say that about any weapon. A force assisted clairvoyant will always spar better than a normal person.
>>
>>28535286
I'm not sure how canon it is any more but I thought because it had a weird balance and weight you need to be reasonably force-capable to not instantly chop your own arm off using one
>>
>>28535308
Well, they've had a few characters who could pull it off without the force, but they've all been cases where they either had the training or inherent capability to use decently. But none could ultimately fight well against real, trained force wielders.
Pre Visla: Ass kicked by Kenobi and Tano, killed by Maul.
Cassie Cryar: Easily disarmed by old Jedi who needed a cane to get around.
Grievous: Could handle weak duelists or those injured, but not a fair fight with skilled duelists, killed by Kenobi.
>>
>>28523677
Lightsabers are made of plasma in a magnetic bottle.
>>
>>28534756
I haven't heard that. I do know that Jedi try to keep a calm controlled use of power vs the Sith that use emotion. Maybe anon equated that to limiting power
>>
>>28523976

>you're taught not to ever point it as someone and especially not at yourself.

I remember Luke doing that exact thing
>>
>>28528736
That's Qui Gon Jinn you ignorant fuck
>>
File: 1448650261592.jpg (120KB, 1600x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1448650261592.jpg
120KB, 1600x1584px
>>28536450
Dude...
That was the most baity bait I've seen in ages. Look at what he was replying to.
>>
>>28531463

I sincerely hope you are jesting, I'd hate to think there is someone as stupid as you running around for real
>>
>>28535496
Apparently Grievous had blood from Sifo Dyas transfused into which was supposed to grant him some form of force sensitivity. But I don't remember if it really "worked". And I think Boba Fett used a lightsaber against vader at some point. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>28537168

Yes, Lightsabers can be used by "regular" people effectively
>>
>>28535868
The Jedi use the force by feeling its flow and being one with it.

The Sith brute force it.
>>
>>28523796
Viro blades are canon mate.
>>
>>28523579
Mount it on a dud rpg, jam the 'on' button down, fire it straight down a column of tanks as the mother of all armor piercers?
>>
r8 m8s
>>
File: 1230270029210.png (924KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1230270029210.png
924KB, 1280x800px
>>28524005
>>28524044
>NOT CANON
>>
>>28525096
Have fun going blind.
>>
>>28531589
I really wanted him to execute the space mexican or somebody with it.
But nope just let it go.
What a waste.
>>
File: 1447387908296.png (49KB, 319x326px) Image search: [Google]
1447387908296.png
49KB, 319x326px
>>28542882
>>
>>28531532
Even regular clothing in Star Wars can be made "bullet proof", that's why they don't use solid projectiles weapons that much in SW
>>
>>28542882
how do you guys get rid of that red ring?
>>
>>28542969
Yes it is fuck stick.
>>
File: AscendStuntFinal.jpg (69KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
AscendStuntFinal.jpg
69KB, 1024x683px
>>28523703
>Anything Saberforge
>Anything Ultrasabers

Get some taste my good man
>>
File: 2016-01-14 13.57.04.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-14 13.57.04.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
Sup /k/

Rate my manlet saber
And yeah I know it's Shitterforge, but it's not that bad honestly
>>
Light saber boomerang is the best choice.
>>
>>28544211
heh, I get it

Very esoteric
>>
>>28544057
The ring means a missing/mismatched component.
>>
>>28544057
Wrap it in towels and put it in the oven for half an hour.
>>
File: lightsaber3.jpg (331KB, 1044x711px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber3.jpg
331KB, 1044x711px
>>28544949
well fuck that, I love mismatching things, you can get much cooler bodies that way.
>>
>>28529325
>his armor laughs at blaster fire.
Except it doesn't.
If your example is the scene on Bespin where Han shoots at Vader with his blaster, Vader was using the force to deflect the bolts from his hands.
>>
>>28530578
Nope cortosis is in the new Disney comics.
>>
>>28530822
The crystal focuses a laser that is used to excite the plasma.
>>
>>28523677
just fucking kill yourself already
>>
>>28535308
A few people have wielded lightsabers with no force sensitivity

They get their ass kicked by actual jedi/sith, but people that are competent in hand to hand combat could use one just fine. Like Finn, Cad Bane, Pre Visla.
>>
>>28537168
>I think Boba Fett used a lightsaber against vader at some point. Can anyone confirm?
This happened in the old retconned EU. Can't remember if it was actually Vader or not.
>>
>>28528897
>There was a Sith dude (I think the ghost on Yavin 4 after Luke sets up his Academy there) who would change the length of the blade mid-fight and killed a bunch of Jedi using that trick
Corran Horn did this in the old EU. He had a ring on his saber that would rotate two different crystals into alignment for his saber, one created a standard blade and the other created a blade that was ~2 meters. He used it to cut a Hutt in half and one shot a Yuuzan Vong war master in a duel with it.
He's the main character in one of the better old EU books that takes place during the Jedi Academy trilogy called "I, Jedi."
>>
File: 1375735198320.png (293KB, 800x424px) Image search: [Google]
1375735198320.png
293KB, 800x424px
>>28523579
>If lightsabers existed

They would be banned as assault swords.
>>
>>28527428
No, it's actually pretty brilliant. The retarded bits are when you get into light whips, light clubs(basically a really big light saber), and a light ax.
>>
>>28528134
See also explosives, flechette launchers, and flame throwers, but even then it's not a sure thing because they can just dodge it because they see glimpses of the future.
>>
>>28531744
tard edgelord/10
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.