[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>2016
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 48
File: 1439953302844.jpg (209 KB, 1024x764) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439953302844.jpg
209 KB, 1024x764
>2016
>you don't have a scar

Why? What is your excuse? Let's hear it.
>>
>>28494281
I don't even own any guns, man.
>>
>>28494281
Im waiting to get one until after OSUT. Any reccomendations for a 1-4x optic
>>
File: 1437363932319.jpg (169 KB, 736x490) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437363932319.jpg
169 KB, 736x490
>>28494284
Good, you can start fresh and good.
>>
>>28494281
Do YOU own a SCAR?
>>
>>28494290
quick which 5 guns should i get with a 2.5k total budget
>>
>>28494320
>scar
>scar
>scar
>scar
>scar
>>
>$2600 piston AR with a folding stock

They look neat but I have no interest in them and can't see myself buying one instead of a couple other battle rifles.
>>
>>28494325
>instead of a couple other battle rifles
Yeah, like the SR-25 :^)
>>
>>28494281
I rolled my truck friday night, so money now get to go to a new down payment.

Plus, i have no desire for a SCAR.
>>
I don't have that much disposable income
>>
>>28494329
I really don't understand the fascination with expensive ass ARs

What does the sr25/scar do that an AR chambered in .308 cannot?

Besides the folding stock on the scar.
>>
>>28494325
If you say ptr and fal I will come through your computer and punch you in the throat
>>
>>28494324
10/10
>>
>>28494281
>ugly
>dont like FDE guns and no sense in getting it in black since its ugly
>ugg boot for a stock contributing to ugly
>way overpriced
>no desire for a .308
>no need to buy a $2k+ gas piston 5.56

Im sure its a great performing rifle, FN makes great stuff. I just think it's overrated for what it is and its price point and dont find it pleasing to look at. I'd rather just have a decent quality AR and spend the money on saved on something else like ammo or maybe a can....or both.

What's with the obsession over it? The damn thing has a cult following.
>>
>>28494346
> SCAR
> an AR
U wot
>>
>>28494349
I was thinking PSL/Vepr and FAL or maybe one of the 7.62x51 bullpups in development besides the keltec

>>28494360
>we changed the gas system and bolt carrier, totally not an AR
>>
>>28494281
-costs a ton
-would need a new license for it
-prolly won't get one since I already have a .308 Vepr
>>
File: Typical_PTR_owner.png (258 KB, 315x489) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Typical_PTR_owner.png
258 KB, 315x489
No monies; bought Poorfag Trainer Rifle instead.
>>
>>28494370
> create new rifle
> its thu same thing guise
It's literally closer to an FAL
>>
>>28494370
>>28494413
You are both fucking retarded, SCAR is a dressed up AR-18.
>>
>>28494281
I have many scars tho
>>
>>28494281
>Paying the belgian jew
>>
For 2.5K I could get a ridiculously Gucci custom engraved AR-15/10 + glass and a SCAR honestly can't compete with whatever I could build at an equitable price.
>>
>>28494562

SCAR:
AR-18 derived short stroke tappet piston similar to M-14
Bolt and carrier group lifted from the G36
Fire control group carried over from the FNC, itself copied from the M1 Carbine
Charging handle from the FNC
Magazines adapted from the FAL

It's an amalgamation of the best aspects of multiple different firearms, including the ergonomics of the AR-15. Calling it a direct copy, or "dressed up" version of any single weapon is both retarded and wrong.
>>
>>
>>28494596
>Bolt and carrier group lifted from the G36
Which is derived from the AR-18.

And yes, I does heavily base on other FN designs in the ergonomics and FCG department, it's basic function is virtually the same as an AR-18.
>>
Its prohibited :(
>>
>>28494562
>rotating bolt
>closer to a FAL
>>
>>28494637
>degeneracy
>>
>not knowing the scar bcg is a literal hammer
>>
>>28494647
>/pol/
>>
File: DSC08636.jpg (166 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DSC08636.jpg
166 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>28494651
>>>/tor/
>>
>>28494663
>>>/kill yourself/
>>
I'm a college student and don't have the money
>>
For what they are, they are overpriced.
Why not just build a gucci AR for that price?
>>
>>28494281
>I don't need a battle rifle and my precision rifle isn't a .308
>50 shades of FDE or 5 shades of black
>both models eat optics
>tiny improvement in reliability over AR10 for twice the price, or tiny improvement over AR15 for thrice the price and twice the weight
>ugg boot stock
It's a nice rifle, but it does nothing I need.
>>
The 17h is a cool gun, but I already have a .223 for carbine courses, a 7.62x39 for hogs, and a .308 bolt action for bigger game or shooting out to 600m.

That doesn't really leave me with much utility for a rifle that costs roughly the same as remodeling my kitchen.
>>
>>28494281
m&p 10 is just as good at less than half the price
>>
>>28494777
>muh emm and pee is just as good

This is what poorfags legitimately believe.
>>
File: 1446561689694.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446561689694.gif
2 MB, 380x285
>>28494777
>m&p 10 is just as good at less than half the price

keep telling yourself that
>>
>>28494806

Prove it.
>>
>>28494806
It's just as good as the safe queen he would use it as anyway
>>
>>28494806
it's the truth ruth
>>
>>28494806
>>28494872
>>28494873

I don't own either rifle. What's the functional difference between the two for civilian use?

Internet heresay says the Scar is a 1.5 m.o.a. gun. Is the M&P 10 worse than that? Does it malfunction more often?
>>
>>28494281

>7.62 NATO pistol with a folding stock
>Plastic toy that will break in a minimum field trail
>Literally has no usage other than sport

Why would I want to buy a toy anon rather than getting a 417 or this new 417 copy of Turkish army when it enters US market.
>>
Is it affordable yet all i got is hi point
>>
>>28494901
accuracy is negligible, difference is more aesthetics and "cool" factor. folding stock is silly imo.
>>
File: 1425584696403.webm (770 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425584696403.webm
770 KB, 1920x1080
>>28494901
>I don't own either rifle
>>
>>28494281

I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>28494349

>battle rifle
>not the SCAR, FAL, or PTR
>AR10 all that's left
>raging about irrelevant shit on a Mongolian pottery forum before noon on Sunday

Wew lad
>>
Canada
>>
>>28494281
>16in barrel
>2016
As if I need another reason.
>>
>>28494909
>minimum field trail

Is that what you call the SCAR program, the most extensive testing of any small arm in US Military history with over 2 million rounds expended during development?
>>
I don't like picatinny rails
I don't like the gay gas block front sight post that gets in the way of pushing my arm farther forward on the fore end
I don't like the stock
I don't like the stock charging lever
I don't like the fact that it doesn't take PMAGs
I don't like the stock safety selector or A2 grip
I don't like the fact that I pretty much have to buy a geissele trigger

I like the fact that it's a side charging, piston driven rifle that fires 7.62 NATO and it has a slick monolithic upper receiver, but the amount of things that I would replace would shoot the rifle into the 3500-4000$ range, not even including an optic. I would probably go with a CQBSS or a Vortex Razor or something which is another few thousand dollars.
>>
Will cost me more than 11,000$.
>>
>>28494936

At least you're honest. We can all respect that.
>>
No desire for one, an ar would probably do whatever I need just fine without the high cost.
>>
>>28494944
You're here too
>>
File: 1408654743895.jpg (26 KB, 542x650) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408654743895.jpg
26 KB, 542x650
>>28494965

Fuck anon, even I didn't have any faith in my bait. I was just trying to act like a vatnik but seriously... Why did you even reply to my low quality bait?

I am a bit embarassed about it myself.
>>
>>28494387
A new licence? You must live in a commie state.
>>
>>28494281
Why is the scar so expensive?
>>
>>28494287
fuck man save your money. Idk why you enlisted guys choose to blow what little money they give you on dumb shit. What can this rifle do that an $800 AR cant?
>>
>>28495004

It's a very inexpensive rifle to manufacture. The commercial price is derived from importation and conversion costs along with an excessive dose of cool guy tax on top of that. Limited supply only serves to drive that cost even higher in periods of high demand.
>>
i just want a good 308 bullpup please ok maybe mdr can do it

or i just stick with my vepr 308 it does everything fine
>>
>>28495019
Is it worth it or should I just go with an AR?
>>
File: 2016-01-10 13.19.31.jpg (755 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2016-01-10 13.19.31.jpg
755 KB, 1600x1200
Does a paper SCAR counts?
>>
>>28495027
RFB already exists chief.
>>
>>28494281
So how's that buyer's remorse? :^)
>>
>>28495008
I already have an AR though. I've wanted the SCAR since before it came out.
>>
>>28495031
>should I get an Iphone or a phone that can do the same job for less
Gee, I don't know
>>
I have 2.
>>
>>28495031

Worth is subjective and entirely dependent on your personal situation and desires.

There is nothing wrong or defective about the weapon so as long as it meets your personal criteria the only thing left to determine is if your budget warrants the expense.
>>
>>28495050
>should I get an iPhone, or a razr from 2005 missing the battery
>>
$2800 you could either get:

>High end AR-10 built off Knights Armament upper
>Mediocre meme rifle
>>
File: 1324632232749.jpg (86 KB, 250x236) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1324632232749.jpg
86 KB, 250x236
>>28495062
You're not making it any easier, dude.

>>28495058
Well it's not as much as I have the money as I have the time to make the money. If a scar out performs an AR 15 I might as well save up for a scar.
>>
>>28495062
>should I get an Iphone or a Chinese phone that's as powerful as an Iphone and costs a fraction of the Iphone's price
>>
>>28495035
no

maybe rdb will be not bad in a year we will know but rfb

no
>>
>>28494281
At no point in my life I will ever need a gun. Unless war breaks out here, and even then, military draft means I get one from gov.

Only big time criminals use guns here, so the protect your home stuff is bull. Someone deep enough in the criminal circuit to get a gun will not break into houses.

If guns were allowed, I would get one as means of protection. But that is luckily not the case.
>>
>>28495074
>sr-25
>not a meme rifle
There are stories of dudes taking the scopes off their sr-25/m110 and throwing them on scars.

Its not for everyone but it is easily the best modern production .308 semi auto. Just because its not your ar doesn't make it useless. A lot if y'all yemind me of Alex's review on tfb, he bitched because it doesn't fit the same niche as his 3gun ar
>>
>>28495000
No, just Europoor.
>>
File: 1449601735599.jpg (719 KB, 2048x1150) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449601735599.jpg
719 KB, 2048x1150
>>28495110
>NEED
get out
>>
>>28495081
>scar out performs an AR 15

They both shoot the same round from the same magazine, your target won't know the difference.

The real difference is to you as a shooter and which rifle offers the feature set you want is up for you to decide.

I can tell you that in comparison to the $800 AR, the SCAR has some markedly improved engineering aspects which will effect the overall reliability and longevity of the weapon. For further reading I'd suggest taking a look at both of these threads:

>m4carbine.net/showthread.php?62889-SCAR-vs-AR-A-detailed-look

>ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/677135_High_round_count_AR_M4_s__over_100_000_rounds__and_how_they_have_handled_on_our_range.html

Of particular note in the second link is the SCAR 16 shot exclusively in full auto that lasted 100K rounds with zero parts breakage.
>>
>>28494593
Don't forget a chic D&G laser!

And yea OP, sorry man, but I just don't have any interest. I usually shoot within 300 yards here in Pennsylfuckya. Even then you can normally only ever see 100-200 yards because of trees and brush and hills and other shit. Plus its a big gun (4me) and I'm most comfortable with AK's. And that price is way out of my comfort level. I'm not saying it or any other gun is bad, just that my preference for the past 11 years has been an AK with cheap bulk ammo.
>>
IN
>>
>>28494359
It's not a gun you buy if you're tight on cash. It's what you buy when you already have a lot of ARs and want something different.
>>
>>28495134
Thanks.
>>
>>28494647
>the ways and customs of your proud ancestors
>degeneracy
profligates like you belong on the cross
>>
>>28495134
can't find reference to your second link
>>
>>28495043
Look, just because you have the money to buy it doesn't mean you can afford it. I've wanted a lamborghini for 10 years, but that doesn't mean that I should go out and buy one once I have $200,000 in my bank account. Do you have any debts? Do you want to buy a house? Do you want to get married? You need to take these things into account when thinking about shelling $2000 for a rifle that you don't need.
>>
>>28494320
9mm compact as your cc (or fullsize if you can't cc, skip this if sub $21) $480
PSA or S&W ar15 $600-$800
12 guage pump action shotgun $300
10/22 rifle $220

That's a pretty good start right now, for $1800. You can spend the last $700 on a combination of:
>an optic for the ar.
>a better ar budget
>a better pistol budget
>a weapon light for whichever weapon you want to use in HD

Personally, id skip the shotgun and spend more on the rifle and pistol.
>>
>>28495169
>all this Pagan Degeneracy
>mfw
>>
File: 0VmTUUe.jpg (154 KB, 750x562) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0VmTUUe.jpg
154 KB, 750x562
>>28495212

Page 13 and thereafter, the entire thread is well worth reading for non-biased fact based insight on long term weapon durability. Here is another that goes into further detail on the FN's specifically:

>ar15.com/forums/t_6_24/447078_FN_products_handle_stress_VERY_well.html
>>
>>28495227
I know you have the best of intentions, and probably made similar mistakes, but I: don't need a house, am not getting married, and have a car. If I ever do get married and buy a house I doubt it'll be easier to buy the rifle then than it would be sooner. The way I see it, now could potentially be the only time in my life I have a chance to get one.
>>
>>28495256
He looks kinda into it. You're into it?
>>
File: 1373171880556.jpg (255 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1373171880556.jpg
255 KB, 1024x768
muh scar
>>
>>28495169
This edgy faggot chose the legion
>>
File: panorama.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
panorama.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
Because I own this
>>
>>28495344
I would be jealous, if this wasn't a SCAR thread.
>>
>>28495344
>those buildings in the background
that's not America!
>>
>>28495344
House right under the muzzle looks so fucking nice.
>>
>>28495344
> no ammo
>>
>>28495376
I know, but elitist OP questions like "why don't you own X?" are the perfect excuse to post this... I mean, when are we ever going to have a SAPR thread that won't immediately die?
>>
>>28494320
>Stevens 320 combo
$300
>Ruger 10/22
$300
>WASR-10 or RF-16 Socom
$600
>Glock 19 (or any semi-auto handgun)
$550
>LCR in .357 (or any revolver)
$500

Then you've got the best breakdown of your money. You're spending less than $2500 and you're accumulating a 12 gauge, 9mm, .357 / .38, .22 LR, and either a 7.62x39 or .223. The ammunition is plentiful and cheap and from a commonality standpoint accessories will be easy to get a hold of. The shotgun has both field and defensive barrels for either hunting or home scatter. The AK / AR gives you more firepower and accessorizing them is a fun way to tailor them to you. A .22 LR is a good, no bullshit small game or plinking rifle. A 9mm handgun is a staple and the more common, the better. There's probably three Glock armorers and 10 stores selling Glock shit within 100 miles of you. Then having a revolver that can shoot either .38 or .357 gives you versatility and a handgun that packs a punch.
Stay as close to those guidelines as you can and you'll do fine.
>>
>>28495344
Where do you live?
>>
>>28495390
I'll accept that reasoning
>>
File: 1451173181667.jpg (49 KB, 610x396) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451173181667.jpg
49 KB, 610x396
Canada
>>
>>28495559
Switzerland
>>
>>28495033
Okay, that's pretty cool
>>
>>28495390
Whats an SAPR?
>>
>>28494281
I already pay .60 cents a round for 5.56 because Jones act and halfway around the world shipping. A dollar or more for .308 would suck.
>>
>>28495696
I pay under 50 cents per round for .308.
It must suck to live wherever you are.
>>
>>28495672

Semi-Auto Precision Rifle, or SG751, by SAN Swiss Arms.

You know, this thing
>>28495344
>>
>>28495739
Oh.
Meh.
>>
Because I own a tiger, which is pretty similar in terms of role filled. And I'm waiting for the MDR because I'd like to be able to swap calibers easily.
>>
File: IMG_7993.jpg (935 KB, 2371x1684) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_7993.jpg
935 KB, 2371x1684
>>28495918
>he thinks caliber change kits will be released anytime soon....
Changing calibers on a SCAR isnt that hard.
>>
>>28494281
Do you expect me to have the same rifle as the bad guys in Kingsman? Because I might suck a dick for a SCAR in white desu senpai
>>
Because as a college student trying his best to scrape by, I don't have $3000 to throw away.
>>
>>28496052
Whats your major?
>>
>>28494281
They're banned in Canada. Unless you want to meet me on the border?...
>>
>>28494281
Waiting for them to release the civilian MK 20 SSR kit.
>>
>>28496098
Rumors from last shot show was that it was going to initially come in a full kit.
Like with a scope and can.
>>
I don't want to spend that kind of money when I already have both calibers covered by an AR and an FAL
>>
YES! YES! YES!

FUCK YES!!!!!

THANK YOU BASED MARK CHERPES.
>>
>>28494281
>Why? What is your excuse? Let's hear it.
I'm currently busy buying more rare and exotic guns that are out of production and will go up in value over time.

>SPAS 12
>FS2000
>Converted SL8s (G36/XM8 clone)

I also built four ARs last year, each one costing at least $2k and some costing as much as $4k. This year I plan on getting a SCAR though. 2016 will be the year of the battle rifle for me.

>SCAR 17
>CMP Garand
>SR-25

Those are my planned purchases for the next 9-10 months.
>>
Because I can find a better use for the money
>way overpriced
>>
>>28496058
mechanical engineering
>>
>>28496209
>yfw the SCAR17 is literally the best battle rifle for cheaper than most of the competition (SR-25, MR762, MDR -when it comes out-)
>>
>>28496193
>Go up in value over time
Your assuming a future market. spas12 for example has lost its place in movies by and large.
>>
>>28494281

meme gun
>>
>>28496225
>When it comes out
You mean If anon, and you know it.
>>
>>28494281
>that price
>that stock

Otherwise Id cut my dick off for one.
>>
>>28496232
So has the FAMAS, but those routinely go for anywhere between $14k-$25k depending on condition because only 200 were imported.

Only 1850 SPAS 12s were ever imported, and of that number only a small amount were the folding stock versions. While it might have lost its mainstream exposure, it is firmly cemented as one of the most iconic guns of all time.
>>
>>28494281
More of a pistol guy.
Built an ar, gave it to my dad.
building second ar, probably give it to my brother.
Buy Scar 17s after for myself.
Already have P250, SP2022, Rossi 38 Special, Rossi 357 Mag, & Officer 1911.
Scar's on the list when everyone else has what they need.
>>
>>28494320

AR-15 ($850 pieced together)
AK-47 ($650)
Glock 17 ($400)
1911 ($800)

swag
>>
>>28496260
>2022
>not a 226
Why?
>>
>>28496117
Yeah, Scope, Suppressor, Mags, etc in a pelican case like the M110 kit. Been holding on to the cash because I was dumb enough to think it'd be out sometime in 2015.
>>
>>28496258
>iconic guns of all time
Because it means something to you, doesnt mean its going to mean as much as you think it will be in the future. But thats the nature of a speculative investment. Your banking that the market forces of tomorrow will be as such as that there will be buyers, and for an appreciably higher amount.

While you may be correct. What im getting at is that there is an age group that was exposed to the spas. To that generation, its going to have value.

Its like if you never saw Miami Vice, your not going to want a Bren Ten. Its too much a piece of shit.
>>
>>28496286
What do you think the full kit would go for, if it comes out?
>>
>>28494281
Poor.
>>
>>28494570
Kek
GET OUT
>>
>>28494281
>What is your excuse?

They're too goddamn expensive for doing something that cheaper alternatives can do. I can get an AR or AK in .308 and have just as much fun.

Fuck I would love to have one though. I think they're total sex.
>>
>>28496322
>if it comes out

Apparently you cuc/k/s missed the announcement.
>>
>>28496312
>While you may be correct. What im getting at is that there is an age group that was exposed to the spas. To that generation, its going to have value.
Oh, on this I completely agree. I'm also confident that there will be no shortage of buyers if I ever decide to sell it (not that I ever sell guns). I grew up with the SPAS 12, and so did tons of other people. Selling it in my lifetime won't be a problem at all because I'm growing up with the generation that learned to love it. If somehow I was immortal and I tried to sell it to one of my great grand-kid's friends, then that where's issues would start to occur because they wouldn't recognize it. Even then, there will always be a buyer who wants something that is inherently rare even if that's their only interest in it.

Still, I feel like my original post was misleading. I'm buying rare/exotic guns because I like them and want to get them before supply dries up completely, not because I'm thinking of resale value down the road. For instance, FS2000s are quickly going up in price because the supply is going down so quickly. You used to be able to find them for $1400 while they were in production, then $1600 last year. Now the cheapest one you can find in decent condition is $2200.
>>
>>28494281
Because I bought a Tavor instead.
I always wanted an SBR but since I move between states so much, bringing one along is very difficult .

>>28494359
>What's with the obsession over it? The damn thing has a cult following.
Being a tactical hipster, I find the AR platform quite boring.
It is a unique gun among a sea of special snowflakes (95% of all the 'custom" ARs out there). People who buy the SCAR most likely have 10 other ARs and want something different.
>>
>>28496360
>I can get an AR or AK in .308 and have just as much fun
>AR10
>Cost 2/3 of a SCAR for a decent rifle with none of the advantages of a SCAR
>market sucks and is non-unified

>AK (VEPR)
>far cheaper than a SCAR
>inherently bad accuracy
>"I had a good range day, I managed to get my groupings down to 3moa!"

Have fun with that. If you just want to send .308 down range, then go for it. If you want to start going for precision groups, then you need to invest in a better rifle.

And I'm not talking about meme "AKs are inaccurate". It's a well known fact that veprs are 2moa rifles. Just browse AKfiles and you'll see that.
>>
I'm broke, renting, and that money could do better invested into getting a property.
>>
>>28494570
Yes, emotional and physical scars from your father who beat and raped you.
>>
>>28494768
Trailer trash detected. It costs ALOT more than 2500 bucks to remodel a kitchen, kiddo. Try 10x that
>>
>>28494896
It is most certainly NOT the truth, deluth
>>
>>28496368
?
>>
>>28496496
Duluth*
>>
>>28496458
Differnet anon, but it depends on the size of the kitchen. I live in a decent sized house (four bedrooms, 2.5 bath) and am shopping around for a kitchen remodeling. Most estimates are coming in around $10k-$15k.
>>
>>28496418
>$2500
>invest in property

Got bad news for you if $2500 is a lot of money and you want to buy property.
>>
>>28496521
It's a nice chunk of a down payment.
>>
File: 1440771451929.png (962 KB, 882x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440771451929.png
962 KB, 882x1200
>>28495386
>>28495344
sure does
>>
>>28496590
$2500, chunk of a down payment.
What does real estate go for out by you?
>>
File: shilling101.jpg (647 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shilling101.jpg
647 KB, 1080x720
>>28496402

>I bought a Tavor instead of a SCAR

What a stupid move. Plus you're about $1,000 light on the SCAR. It's alright though, at least the rifle you bought has adjustable gas, forward assist, and a great trigger.

Oh wait.
>>
>>28496957
He is at least right on that ARs are boring as fuck.
>>
>>28496957
I had about $2000 saved up because I was going to buy a SCAR then I got a wild hair up my ass that I wanted a SBR or a bullpup.

I'll get a SCAR eventually if Grand Wizard Obeezy or Shilldawg doesn't ban them before I'm done in Singapore.
>>
>>28495958
Mostly interested in .308 to .223.
>>
>>28496164
Scar 20S with 16" barrel anyone? Gets rid of the dumb rail extensions that everyone uses to get thumb over bore goodness.
>>
Im waiting to see what shotshow brings.

I hope beyond hope for the fs2000 to come back.

If not i will look at a scar
>>
>>28494325
>implying 5.56 instead of .308
Get. The. Fuck. Out.
>>
>>28497081

The fuck did I just watch
>>
>>28494281
I'm paying college tuition out of pocket, that's why.
>>
>>28495633
>swissfag detected
>>
>>28498483
>implying anyone on /k/ can afford to shoot .308
>>
File: canada degrees.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
canada degrees.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>28494281
Illegal in my country :(
>feelsbadman
Not yuropoor, just Canadian
>>
>>28498594
How expensive do you think .308 is?
Why do we all have to be as poor as you?
>>
>>28495130
>Taking the b8
>>
>>28498611
no, no it's not. Don't be a douche.
>>
>>28498611
http://frontierfirearms.ca/firearms/black-rifles/non-restricted-centerfire/robinson-armament-xcr-l-7-62x39-18-6-lightweight-key-mod-black.html
>>
>>28498647
Last I checked they were prohib, are they not anymore?
>>
>>28494901
The scar being 1.5.... No, no fucking no.
>>
>>28494927
God damn. Bad motherfucker. The Scar is easily MOA and most times better. Out of the box you can expect with a good optic and match ammo 3/4 inch
>>
>>28498686
Still prohib.
Other guys are retards.
>>
>>28495004
If you look at any high end piston gun with a quick change barrel, iron sights, adjustable gas settings, CHF CL barrel, and as light as it is... Yeah they will cost about that much
>>
>>28498727
Just as I suspected.
>>28498647
>>28498665
Fucking fags thinking the XCR is a 99.9% clone as if its an M305 to an M1A
>>
>>28495031
Get both!
>>
>>28498761
>fucking fags

lol
>>
>>28494281

Because I bought a nice AR-10 pattern rifle instead. Specifically the Larue with a pencil barrel. This was back when the SCAR-17 was hard to find and cost $3k, and mags cost $60 each, and the Larue was "only* $2300.

Now I've moved on to other interests so I'll probably never get a SCAR. I doubt I'm missing anything.
>>
>>28495295

I found Doublemint Dave
>>
what does the vltor mk17 stock have over the OEM stock?

aside from storage
>>
>>28499105
>aside from storage

A built in QD socket, and a flat toed butt pad if that's what you prefer.
>>
>>28494281
Dip-shit, freedom hating government. THAT'S my excuse.
>>
>>28494320
/thread
>>
>>28498634
neo-4chan users don't know what b8 is
>>
>>28499105
Ugly and less comfortable.
>>
>>28494281
Costs far too much money for what it does.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 750x775) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 750x775
>>28494281
Live in jew york
>>
I really wanted one when they were introduced. Held one 3 months ago. So glad I didn't go for it!
>>
>>28494281
Absolutely no reason to.

If im getting a battle rifle, its gonna be an FAL
>>
>>28494281
I wanted one, but I'm not going to spend $2500 on a rifle if I can't SBR it (wouldn't buy one for another 12+ months + 41P) or MG it (FOPA).
>>
>>28494281
For some reason, i wanted to have AR15 or M16 as my 1st rifle.
>>
>>28500796
I dont think you realize what 41p does.
>>
>>28494281
Prices are temporarily jacked thanks to Obama's crocodile tears. Plus I don't >need it; I'm more of a long rifle guy.
>>
>>28500558

>if im getting a battle rifle, its gonna be an old outdated heavy piece of shit no one uses anymore
>>
>>28494281
I can't afford the price tag
>>
>>28494281

Still waiting for that anon who bet his life savings that no one here on /k/ owned a SCAR to pay up.
>>
>>28501257
You want to collect $0.12
>>
>>28494281
I refuse to ruin the beautiful rifle with a fucking bullet button
>>
>>28494281
Because I already own an Armalite Ar-10.
>>
File: DSC_0038.jpg (2 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DSC_0038.jpg
2 MB, 3008x2000
ment to post this one.
>>
I'm still trying to find what optic I want to throw on mine.
>>
File: scar17floor-1.jpg (3 MB, 3044x1643) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
scar17floor-1.jpg
3 MB, 3044x1643
>>28494281
She my bae. I also got her at cost. 25hunid. I'll be upgrading the stock, handguard, grip. Swapped the trigger before my paperwork was processed.
>Super Scar
>>
>>28494320
9mm, 12 gauge pump, .22 lever action
>>
>>28496458

Correction then: for the same cost as putting tile floors in and re-staining/re-finishing the cabinets myself. No new appliances or counter tops.

But either way, as much as I might like the rifle, house and family will come first for a while.
>>
>>28494281
>What is your excuse?
Because I already have a fine 308 rifle, and it didn't cost no damn 3000 bucks.
>>
>>28501895
What do you mean "upgrade" the stock?
>>
waiting for a desert tech MDR instead
>>
>>28501770
> dirty carpet
> wires jumbled in the floor
> no furnishings in sight
> $2500 rifle
10/10 can appreciate lifestyle
>>
Because night vision is expensive as hell.
>>
>>28494359
>ugly

I know shit opinions are expected from tripfags, but c'mon.
>>
>>28502690
>16s
>$2500
Yeah, no
>>
i dont really see how it's $2,000 better than a standard ar15
>>
>>28502804
How much are they were you live?
>>
>>28502814
If you think a $500 AR is standard then you wouldn't be able to see how a SCAR is worth it.
>>
>>28502892
what am i missing then? sell me on one. i like the way they look, sure, and i have no doubt they are excellent battle rifles, but compared to a deadnuts reliable ar15 whats so great?
>>
>>28502891
$2300, splitting hairs maybe
>>
>>28502766
FDE IS ugly and boot IS ugly
aside from price, rifle is fine
>>
>>28494320
get a nugget
>>
>>28502925
Link? Not calling you a liar, I only said 2500 because the Jew ass cabelas near me sells the 16s for 2900 because they don't understand how MSRP works. I just figured they'd be lower than 2900. Interested in purchasing one soon.
>>
>>28502951
Fifty shades of brown is appealing
Boot is fine
>>
>>28502959
http://www.cdnnsports.com/fn-scar-16s-5-56-16-inch.html#.VpM0O1JsWmo
>>
>>28495227
Dood. It's just 2 grand. That's unlikely to compromise anyone's lifestyle or ambitions, unless they're poor as shit to begin with.
>>
>>28501173
Fuck you and your fingerprints, bootlicking cuck.
>>
>>28502997
Can an active duty soldier buy this or just cops
>>28503090
SCAR is my ambition
>>
>>28502976
Boot is literally an ugg. It looks stupid as hell but its wicked comfortable
>>
>>28503440
The vltor clubfoot looks worse.
>>
>>28503380
My prints are on file in a bajillion government systems. Don't care if I need them for the few people on my trust come june
>>
>>28503841
But is it as comfortable?
>>
File: 20151204_033004.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20151204_033004.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
But I do.
>>
I wish someone made a SCAR upper that fit AR15 lowers. I don't want to spend that much money for something a AR15 can do at half the price.
>>
File: IMG_0726.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0726.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2000
I prefer G3 clones because muh cheap magazines and muh free-floated barrel.

I'll gladly take an HK91 or clone any day of the week over a SCAR.
>>
I have a 16S, 17S, and I'm on the waiting list for another 17S. I need to get a NF 2.5-10x or the SHV 4-14x F1.
>>
>>28505280
>spending over 500 dollars for a SFP optic instead of a FFP
>>
>>28505273
>>28505277
Poorness really is a state of mind
>>
>>28494281

they're bulky and boxy looking, just the fucking ugly duckling of battle rifles
>>
>>28505292
Have you ever used one? I thought they looked unwieldy and bulky until I tried one. Its not a super light competition ar and a lot of people try to compare it to such.
>>
File: 1395379201199.png (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1395379201199.png
48 KB, 500x500
>>28494281
Because I'd rather have an ACR
>>
>>28505327
A Sportsman's Warehouse near me had 2 ACRs on clearance for $1300
>>
>>28505277
What kind do you have, what kind do you recommend? Always loved G3's. How much do they cost?
>>
File: IMAG1138.jpg (557 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMAG1138.jpg
557 KB, 2688x1520
>>28505423
PTR91 A3R. Comes with an HK wide handguard, has a welded top rail. Its pretty great.
>>
>>28505327
>>28505339
I thought everyone considered ACRs a piece of shit. What happened to that?
>>
>>28495086
I'm actually excited for the rdm seeing as Chad has said its coming in .308

Rechamber that sexy bitch in 6.5 creed with the wood furniture and I'll be too busy having sex with it to even go to the range
>>
File: UiQiApT.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
UiQiApT.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
But I do own one....
>>
>>28505291
>Oy vey, goy why don't you buy this overpriced AR, I-I mean SCAR
>>
File: 1449259375119.jpg (65 KB, 640x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449259375119.jpg
65 KB, 640x640
>>28494281
I'm converting a PTR-91 into a PSG-1, which the lower, stock, and bolt assembly of a PSG-1 is worth more than a decked out SCAR is.

I think I'm good.
>>
>>28494281

I live in Belgium.
>>
>>28506532
Dont they make them there? You should be able to get one wicked cheap
>>
>>28494281
Too poor.

Actually I'm saving up to buy a house.
>>
>>28506532
And thats supposed to be an excuse? They are 4.5k new here in Belgium.

I dont like it. thats why im not gonna buy it in April when im fully licensed to have anything.
>>
>>28494281
Because im going to shop around and buy a real rifle, not some hollywood action move meme gun
>>
>>28495152
Why is it the the animefags/furfags always have so much money?
>>
>>28507523
Good boy points
>>
>>28495033
thats fucking sick, you download plans off the internet or is it completely from scratch?
>>
>>28494281

waiting until I move out of Cali to get one so I don't have to cuck it
>>
>>28494281
Because I live in Australia and I own a moist nugget already.
>>
>>28495387
ALL GUNS ARE LOADED AT ALL TIMES YOU FUCKING RETARD
WHAT IF HE HAS ONE IN THE CHAMBER
>>
>>28494281
I'm trying to get a pistol in germany at the moment. Having a licence for a firearm here costs like 1500 euros and it takes a full year, its hard man
>>
>>28508289
I live in Australia and I am also arming up in preparation for the open hostilities initiated by The Islamic Caliphate.

Not a matter of if, it is when.
>>
>>28508333
What were you getting? I was thinking of a 1911 but the capacity was kind of making me think other wise. I was thinking of getting a USP45 or something along those lines but a 1911 just points so well...also isnt it like the crack of dawn in australia?
>>
>>28494281

I'm poor


There I said it, are you happy?
>>
>>28508373
I already own a Savage MkII FVSR chambered in .22LR and a Mosin Nagant 91/30, next I hope to get an M44 & M39, later a Warwick Firearms WFA-1 it is basically a straight pull AR-15 that won't accept other AR-15 uppers or Lowers.
>>
>>28505273
The SCAR upper is the firearm, doofus.
>>
>>28508373
Yeah, I work night shift.
I am also looking at joining a pistol club so I can buy a couple revolvers, S&W 929 & a S&W 686 and a Glock 17A
>>
>>28494281
FN Products are banned in my country
>>
>>28508480
Whoa, what country? Germany banned FN Herstal gear?
>>
>>28494281
I spend nearly $20k on school every year already. I can't afford one. And luckily as of right now I don't have any debt and I plan on keeping it that way.
>>
>>28508529
Fn doesnt want to sumbit to kriegswaffenkontrolgesetz so its all illegal
>>
Because I'm a bong, so it would have to be straight pull. No one makes a straight pull scar
>>
>>28494320
Don't buy many shitty guns, get exactly what you want.

You can't carry five shitty guns at once. Get a scar or a good 1911/USP and call it a day.

Once you have a good rifle, or pistol, spend the rest of the money practicing and shooting.
>>
>>28495004
Because the company that designed if put a lot of resources into designing it and perfecting it. Thats not cheap and designing your own product inherently means you can charge high amount for it.
>>
>>28495062
Your analogy is so flawed its disgusting. I had hoped you wouldn't stoop to that stupidity.
>>
>>28494281
>If I’m flying full tilt down a course of fire in competition shooting, I want something that I can maneuver quickly, not this oversized fish-like firearm. Unless I’m shooting heavy metal division, in which case this firearm would actually be a perfect replacement for the M1A and AR-10 currently being used.

>If I’m out hunting, I want something that I can keep a low profile with and carry for miles without getting tired, not this eight pound monstrosity. Unless I’m hog hunting and using a vehicle, in which case the bulk would be much more manageable.

>If I’m on the range I want an inexpensive caliber that I can fire without my wallet trying to strangle me. Unless I don’t particularly care about accuracy and am using cheap milsurp ammo.

>If I’m getting a home defense rifle I want something with enough power to put down a bad guy without blowing out my eardrums and a round that stops or significantly loses velocity after hitting flesh instead of continuing through the next few walls. Unless I live on a ranch and expect my attackers to be at a distance.

>The place where this kind of firearm works best is the military where you need to project firepower over great distances. I can definitely see improvements over the M-14 and AR-10 for that application, but not much else. There are some rather specific niches into which the SCAR can fit in civilian shooting, but the question is whether the benefits of the platform in those very specific situations warrant the hefty price tag.

SCAR owners on suicide watch.
>>
>>28494281

I spent all my money on stupid shit.
>>
>>28508847
>BRZ
You sure did
>>
File: 20160103_022704.jpg (792 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20160103_022704.jpg
792 KB, 2048x1152
>>28494281
>2016
>still pretending that you operate operationally

There are more important thing in life than buying $3000 paper punchers.
>>
>>28494281
>I don't have a SCAR
>I also don't have $2700 to spend
>It's a scurry desert tan salt weapon according to MD
>>
>>28498483

How about get an AR-10 then?
>>
>>28495632
This
>>
>>28494281
im poor
>>
It's 2016 and you're bragging about a non-NFA firearm? Ok.
>>
File: 1439046142547.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439046142547.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>28513905
>bragging about paying for cuckstamps

Is this supposed to be a joke?
>>
>>28513926
>bragging about a toy for adults

Your gun was cucked before it was ever made.
>>
File: 1452507527323.jpg (12 KB, 213x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452507527323.jpg
12 KB, 213x200
>>28494281
I want no other weapon more than a Scar but im so fuckin broke.
>>
>>28513950
>I'm too poor to afford a scar
>better bad mouth it and jerk off at the prospect of paying for $200 for a naturally granted right

lmao
>>
>>28513978
lmaoing at your life it must suck to be poor now run along while you play with your toy while men fool around with weapons of war.

>when your gun is so cucked it has to be renamed due to shame
>>
What scar do I want if I desire to put 7.62 at dinner-plate sized targets 300-500m away accurately? How portable will it be?

I don't know much about the specific models of them that are out now, or the ones that are coming soon.
>>
>>28508956

If you are planning to operate, then you should buy the best gear instead of a bunch of guns that serve the same purpose. A SCAR owner has a different mindset than you.
>>
>>28514352
Hello operator
>>
>>28514304
17s
>>
>>28514390

20s isn't necessary? I saw it's longer. I guess it might not be as portable though.
>>
>>28514417
Ssr20 hasn't been released.
13" SCAR will hit 800yards no problem
>>
>>28514433

Thanks man, I'm just starting to consider what battle rifle I want. In a couple years I'll be looking at the 17s again.
>>
File: noproblem.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
noproblem.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>28514433
>no problem

I can't read these words anymore without doing so in Phuc Long's accent.
>>
>>28495270
>minimal parts breakage on rifles with 100k+ full auto
sweet jesus the ghost JMB and Saive must still work at FN for them to come up with something that based
>>
File: 1444601352771.png (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444601352771.png
148 KB, 640x480
>>28498540
i share your pain
>tfw all that debt
>>
>>28514854
FN had been accurizing the FAL up until 2000. They wrung what they could, and were not satisfied.

Take apart a SCAR sometime. It's fucking elegant
>>
>>28508175
/po/
>>
>>28516999
> dem digits
I thought it said/pol/ at first
>>
>>28494281
It's 2600$ and it's not even bulpup. Neato 308 platform if i ever get in the market for a house, a scar is going on the list
right after an FS2000 and a Tavor.
>>
>>28517022
>bulpup
>a desirable feature
u wot
>>
>>28517058
180 in a hallway and aim at the same time.
Do that.
oh wait your barrel hit a wall/you had to move your muzzel off target to do so
you're dead
>>
>>28517089
I bet you're an operator operating in operations
>>
>308 indoors
>>
>>28517089
> I'm not smart enough to turn around holding something
you probably shouldn't be operating
>>
>>28494281
I'm not a fan of pistol guns, only piston i might buy is a HK rifle from the 70s.
>>
>>28518245
>pistol guns
heh
>>
File: image.jpg (896 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
896 KB, 3264x2448
>>28508384
Same. All I could afford was to build my own Bulgarian ak-74
>>
>>28517089
>moving your muzzle "off target"
>when you're turning 180 anyway

What kind of actual retard are you?.
Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 48
Thread DB ID: 400465



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.