[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are archers worse than gun owners when it comes to elitism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (39KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 1154x1154px
Are archers worse than gun owners when it comes to elitism?

>join archery club
>70% of the people there think they are some masters of some ancient arcane art of shooting pieces of wood with string.
>traditional archers shit on compound archers
>compound archers shit on traditional archers
>compound archers are like ARfags with their shit ton of expensive accessories

Is there a worse fan base /k/?
>>
>>28494042
You left out that even compund bowmen shit all over people wh use crossbows since they make it "too easy"
>>
>>28494049
What about the people that use traditional wooden bows?

>weird facial hair trying to imitate Hollywood medieval looks
>full of shit trinkets all over their quivers
>always carry some daggers for god knows what
>hippie world view and looks
>>
> Is there a worse fan base?
HK fan boys.
>>
>>28494070
As a Trad-shooter I'll confirm most of these

>robin hood hat or old-school 1920 paperboy hat
>facial hair & neck beard
>Beads and a few mini trophies from various events on my quiver
>Large buck knife on my belt to finish off any unlucky survivors.
>Actually pretty clean shaven other than facial hair. Hair short kept and not greasy
>"conservative" outlook
>>
>>28494241
Glockfags burn in hell.
>>
>>28494042
CZfags are the worst. No comparison.
>>28494241
>buttmad glockpleb
>>
>>28494042
Archery take mores skill than firing a gun.

I do both, although firing a gun is work.
>>
>>28494042
You probably just can't handle the bants.
All different bow types mock one another, no one really means it.
>>
>>28494296
string-powered stick launcher
>>
>>28494042
Yes, also they believe only men hunt with bows.
>>
Black powder owners seem to be the least elietest but the most cringy

Why do you have to dress up like its 1776
>>
>>28498707
fun
>>
>>28498707
I've found that black powder shooters are just history buffs, so unless you want a 45 minute lecture on the history of oval bore rifling , do not approach.
>>
>>28494042
Primitive archers
Only because they are rightly superiour
>not like I own 6 primitive bows or anything baka
>>
>>28494347
This, it's like branch rivalries in the military.
>>
File: 1439765152481.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1439765152481.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>28498847
>tfw you'd love a 45 minute lecture on some obscure shit from the BP age.
>>
Is there any worse fan base /k/?
>AR fan boys
>Glock fan boys
"ARs and Glocks are the best guns ever, everything else is shit and for poorfags"
These people are the reason I loath the gun community anymore.
>>
>>28499440
>>28498847
I'm that guy
>into BP
>if someone makes the mistake of asking me anything remotely related to firearm history or mechanics they better pepare for a loooong lecture
>>
File: eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif (4MB, 450x248px) Image search: [Google]
eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif
4MB, 450x248px
>>28499562
>1 hour of pic related
>>
>>28494042
I owned a bow (compound) before a firearm.

And I'm not a douche about it
>>
Far as I know archers aren't cringy fags. Then again I don't hang around a lot of "archers". Most everyone I know who uses a bow uses a compound bow for hunting. They also don't fall into the gear queer shit with buying new accessories for their bow because they all have families to support.
>>
File: HK.jpg (335KB, 480x704px) Image search: [Google]
HK.jpg
335KB, 480x704px
>>28494241
Amused Statement: I do believe this organic meatsack has suffered severe trauma to their frontal lobe.
Sarcastic Query: One does have to wonder how it managed to comprehend language enough to make this claim?
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 960x540px
When your friend can't even draw back on a 45lb bow, hehehehe
>>
>>28494042
compound shooters are fucking faggots. all of them. when your bow has a trigger, it's time to stop and rethink what you're doing.
>>
>>28504687
Kill yourself my man
>>
File: 1443741640733.jpg (103KB, 883x691px) Image search: [Google]
1443741640733.jpg
103KB, 883x691px
So I picked up archery about a year ago, I bought a longbow cuz my brother in law had one and it's been great fun, I haven't really joined any club or shit like that but I'm pretty sure this problem has to do with the people more so than the sport. No one I've met that shoots bows has this attitude, sounds like your regular spergs that inhabit every hobby.
>>
File: compound.jpg (168KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
compound.jpg
168KB, 1500x1500px
>>28504687
>do you want to pretend to be Esau
>do you want to dress up like a faggot and pretend to hunt game to get blessing from your father?
Get a wooden bow.
>do you want to place ethical shots on actual game animals for food?
Get a compound bow.

It's
that
simple
>>
>>28494042
>traditional archers shit on compound archers
Compound archers fucking deserve it.

I shot both, and compound archery is much easier, both physically and in terms of skill to make a given shot, and is simply not as satisfying.

If you're hunting, use a compound. Same if you're just starting to learn.

If you're looking to have fun and/or better your skills, use a real bow.

>>28504886
Also this.
As much as compounds are no longer to my taste, i'll happily help a friend learn to shoot on one and encourage them to join the hobby.

I need to fix my bow.

LARP archers are the only ones I truly hate, because they can't fight OR shoot. At all.

Their shooting skills tend to be embarrassingly bad.
>>
>>28505148
>do you want to place ethical shots on actual game animals for food?
yeah, that's why I use a fucking gun.
>>
>>28505154
LARP archers shoot 20 pound bows with arrows tipped with a heavy foam shit on the end. It's no wonder why they're terrible.
>>
>>28505156
You get two seasons if you do both.
>>
>>28505148
>Compound bow
>Ethical compared to rifle.
>Or even a crossbow

Nah
bro
nah
>>
>>28505148
If you're hunting, compound is significantly better. But this guy
>>28505154
basically described it perfectly.
>>
>>28494042
Compound bow shooters are pretty annoying in areas with lots of high fence hunting. Guys think they're the next Robin Hood because they shot a deer at a feeder 20 yards away.

I like a good old recurve bow fishing rig. It's fun and cheap and you can take your friends without risking your gear breaking or losing expensive ass broad heads. .
>>
>>28505179
My state hasn't allowed rifle hunting for the last few years and crossbow is for disabled only.

I'd say a compound would do a better job of getting ethical kills compared to a traditional bow.
>>
>>28505221
>Compound bow ethical
>Compared to shotgun
>Compared to pistol
>Compared to black fucking powder

Nah
bro
Nah.
>>
anybody have any diy target making advice?

other than find trash stack it compact it and whack it?
>>
>>28494042
>Is there a worse fan base /k/?
in general? sonic fans.

/k/ related? HK/Sig/glockfags.
>>
>>28505240
Square bales of hay? Hell even round bales aren't that expensive you just need a tractor to move them.
>>
>>28505221
>My state hasn't allowed rifle hunting for the last few years
I don't believe you.
>>
>>28505240
go on craigslist and look for hay. there's a place local to me that has 2x4 foot bales for 5 bucks a piece.
>>
>>28505240
Best luck I've had was stuffing a burlap sack full of plastic grocery bags. I mean packing the shit out of it.
Dont use hay or straw like >>28505252 says. It will go right through.
Now that being said, I picked up a compressed foam target from Dicks for $20 and it is so much better than any DIY, so look at that first. A little reseach goes a long way.
>>
>>28494042
Even worse are the speedshooting tryhards who watched that Danish fuck on youtube
>>
>>28505294
It depends on where you're shooting, how tightly they were baled, and how dry they were when baled. shoot a tightly packed rectangular bale at the end, and you won't have any problems.
>>
>>28505316
You're exactly right. Don't go buying from a feed shop or anything. Buy from the guys who just got done selling hay rides for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Crhsitmas. Stack a few and rotate which ones get shot at.
>>
File: shooter_doesnt_give_a_fuck.jpg (113KB, 858x472px) Image search: [Google]
shooter_doesnt_give_a_fuck.jpg
113KB, 858x472px
>>28505148
>bowhunting
>ethical

Topkek yeah those extra 50fps sure keep the blacktail from running 400 yards.... Oh wait. If you're the kind of tree stand "bowhunter" faggot who only does it for more tags and more weekends, least with black powder you don't have to kill your gutshpt deer with a shovel after tracking it a quarter mile into the woods.

Regards like you are why people find so many broadheads in deer come rifle season.
>>
>>28494042
>Be young bowman with a lot of experience and first bow.
>Shoot compound...instinct.
>Be nearly as consistent at hitting small targets as multi-billion dollar taxpayer-funded bow with carbon fiber everything.
>Enter archery competition
>get laughed at and smirked at
>take 2nd, laugh and count my $50 winnings and new rest that is utterly useless to me
>later that week
>hit moving squirrel in tree at 30 yards.
>eat squirrel and contemplate that I will never shoot that well again.
>sell bow because I reached a plane of expertise that most will only ever dream of.
>>
>>28505239
>compared to a traditional bow
>NAW MAN SO INFERIOR TO MUH GUNS!!!!!!
You're an idiot.

>>28505271
Iowa. Somehow we have too large of a population density for hunting with rifles. Last year we were able to hunt rifle was 2011 IIRC. Best part is every state that borders us except Illinois have a rifle season.
>>
>>28498707

black powder shooters are the nerds of the gun shooter world, i think all of them enjoy precisely measuring out powder from their fucking tackle box, taking two hours to shoot, and cleaning their gun intensely after each shot and measuring their 25 yard grouping.
>>
>>28494042
Depends on the person.

Personally a bow takes more skill to shoot than a gun, but within two weeks time (with good time spent on it) you should be able to square stuff good.

If the bow doesn't shatter on me, shoots straight, and I can hold it without hurting myself too much, I'll take it.
>>
>>28498707
Historical reenactment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJMbxZ1k9NQ
>>
>>28508598
I'm not sure if sarcasm or retard.
>>
>>28507141

Not the guy you're replying to (also not US, or a tree stand hunter), but try to keep up man, it's an extra 100fps these days. And the speed is nice, especially for heavier arrows - a fast bow with mid-weight plus arrows generates a shitload of momentum compared to a trad hunting set up. It's not "stopping power", but the extra penetration does give you some insurance if something goes wrong (like a shoulder blade hit). More to the point though, it's easier to place a shot with a compound compared to trad.

Like any kind of hunting, the trick is putting in effort and hours. A rifle or shotgun hunter who's an awful shot is going to cripple animals, just like a bowhunter who doesn't put in the practice is going to leave broad heads in them.
>>
File: _Bubblegum.jpg (91KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
_Bubblegum.jpg
91KB, 500x360px
>>28511190
A weekend Hunter fudd shooting 2 bullets a year, one to sight the gun, one to hunt with, can reliably get a double lung shot with his .270 at 75yards from a blind and the deer will die within feet of the feed pile.

A fag that think "I can get a fancy compound bow and get 3 more deer tags this season!" And manages to get minute of durr accuracy at 15 yards, sets his feeder up at 20, then gutshots 5 deer and finds 4 of em is a piece of shit.

All the faggy fudd Hunter shit your grease clogged heart desires can be accomplished with a realtree wrapped inline muzzleloader if you aren't man enough to use a hawken.
>>
>>28511413

I actually agree with you there. Your common denominator there is that you need to be good enough to reliably put your arrow or bullet into vitals at the ranges you hunt.

It takes more effort and time to be able to do that with a bow and your problem seems to be that people don't - they treat it like fudd rifle hunting, which doesn't work with a bow.

I use a bow because I like shooting a bow, and I shoot a lot (it's really the only sport I'm involved with, shoot several times a week, etc). The muzzleloader of choice here in aus seems to be p51 enfield repros but sadly very expensive - one day.
>>
>>28511413

And those fudds still go outside and use their equipment more practically than you, mall ninja.
>>
string-powered stick launchers
>>
>>28494309
I've never seen a broken CZ. Educate me. Post brok'd CZ?
>>
>>28494313
>Archery takes more skill
It takes different skills, anon. Not more. Or do you have some universal method of qualifying skill I am not familiar with?
>>
>>28504677
>having friends that likely cannot do a pullup or save their own lives in a cliffhanger
Dude, come on. You can't literally carry the team.
>>
>>28505148
>Ethical
>Killing
Pick one
>not growing mold and eating algae and molds
>not shedding your physical form and existing in the vibrational patterns of the universe
Plebs
>>
File: bigpot6.jpg (57KB, 497x550px) Image search: [Google]
bigpot6.jpg
57KB, 497x550px
>>28514636
Go fuck yourself, vegan.
>>
>>28505148
More like
>Do you want to pretend to be Legolas?
Get a wooden bow
>Do you want to pretend to be Rambo?
Get a compound bow
>>
a bow with less draw weight than 120 pounds is basically airsoft
>>
I know a dude who grew up in a nomadic family in Mongolia. He likes to joke that as one of the people who invented the drive-by he is very disappointed with the redguard's hit rates. Dude is stupidly competent with a bow.
>>
>>28516324
Sure thing Heracles.
>>
>>28494042
This is what becomes of people when they forget that they were suppose to have fun.
>>
>>28494042
How do I into bow?
>>
File: image.jpg (289KB, 1500x1138px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
289KB, 1500x1138px
>>28499441
ARs and Glocks are the master race.
>>
Can I borrow someone here or a moment?

I have a compound bow, it has sent in its case for 10 years, outside, in florida.

Is it safe to shoot?
>>
>>28516892
Probably not. You should take it to a shop and get it checked out. Don't know what it will cost though.

Good chance you'll need a new bow string and there might be something off with your cams depending on the bow you have.
>>
>>28516943
Thanks a bunch.
Hopefully the frame and line's are still in good shape.

Not really using it much, but no sense in having it if it can't be used.
>>
>>28514567
>nobows noguns on /k/
It takes more practice for a person to be able even use a bow. Using a gun is instinctual to people in the modern world, and to hit a target with no prior training is an absurdly common feat.

To train an archer to shoot will require many hundreds of hours more than it will take to train a gunman to shoot.

t. Archery instructor and army officer.
>>
>>28494042
>>traditional archers shit on compound archers
>>compound archers shit on traditional archers
Shits just banter, you will soon realise nobody gives a shit what you shoot as long as you enjoy it.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.