[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NFA waiting misery thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

File: hurry up ATF.png (103KB, 1231x746px) Image search: [Google]
hurry up ATF.png
103KB, 1231x746px
Who has NFA forms pending?

>tfw your first suppressor took 10 months to transfer
>acting like an impatient little bitch because you expected yours to be done in 4 months this time

Post your shit and dates. Also NFA pictures thread.
>>
>>
Waiting on two form 1 suppressor stamps and one sbr stamp now.
Filed early September for the sbr so I should be getting it back sometime soon. I hope 41p doesn't extend the wait times too much.
>>
File: IMG_2865.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2865.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: operating.jpg (104KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
operating.jpg
104KB, 720x960px
>>28482857
I didn't know how 41p was going to play out so I went ahead and submitted a paper Form 1 (trust) for my 2nd SBR. I'm not really in a hurry for this one since it's my second one. Waiting for suppressors sucks. Hell, my 1st SBR stamp was e-filed back during the first batch of efiling and came back in 90 days. I had the stamp before I could afford to build the damn thing. I was expecting another 3-4 months.
>>
Is a stamp worth filing for a sawn off double barrel shotgun? Or a shorty?
>>
File: alcohol tuna firearms.jpg (181KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol tuna firearms.jpg
181KB, 640x640px
>>28482875
hell yeah, that would be an awesome little toy to have
>>
File: octaned glock.jpg (163KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
octaned glock.jpg
163KB, 3264x2448px
>>
Check for my Omega was cashed Aug 25th and I don't have it yet :(

My SBR check was cashed July 10th and I got it 130 days later. Both Trust, SBR e filed, can paper.

I got 4 guns to mount the can on
>>
>>28482959
did you register the Omega with SilencerCo? They'll send you an ASR flash hider and pouch or t-shirt
>>
>>28482988
Yeah, someone on here mentioned it. I threw the FH on my 8.5" 300blk upper. Saved me $75. I got the pouch for my tacticool battlebelt.
>>
>>28482998
I think I did. Are you the guy that has a 2XXX series serial number? I'm a 9XXX series. I think I mentioned I got mine from a high volume dealer.
>>
File: comfy and easy to wear.jpg (326KB, 866x507px) Image search: [Google]
comfy and easy to wear.jpg
326KB, 866x507px
>>28482875
Yes.

Also OP thanks to 41P/F I'm not getting anymore. My trust is essentially worthless now. (read: in 180 days)
>>
>>28483057
>trust is worthless thanks to 41f
how so? trustees have to submit fingerprints and photos, big fucking deal. the thing that was so scary about 41p was the fear of having CLEO signoff. Now it's just CLEO notification, including individuals.

The way I see it 41f will actually increase the availability of NFA
>>
>>28483071
For every single person on the trust.
That's a huge pain in the ass and unless I REAAAALLY want something (if Anzio is still in business when I get the dosh) I'm not going to bother anymore.
>>
>>28483075
how many trustees do you have? Mine is just myself and a sibling. The only other possible expansion would be my future wife and father in law.
>>
>>28483081
Five in total.
>>
>>28483075
you might as well go ahead and Form 1 an AK or AR receiver, then while you can. anything pending will be treated under the old rules
>>
>>28483086
Are you me?
>>
>>28483099
I know, and I'll probably throw something in the pipeline.
But I've already got NFA AR/AK though.
>>
>>28483103
Yes.
Sarah was a mistake, you knew that going into it.
>>
Filed a Form 1 for my PS90 in November because of how 41P/F was looking at the time. Looks like efiled forms are taking about 4 months now, so maybe in March I'll get the stamp.

Compare this to this time last year, when I filed a form 1 in January and got the stamp at the end of February. Oh well.
>>
File: image.jpg (666KB, 1998x1481px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
666KB, 1998x1481px
>>28483015
Yeah, that's me. Thanks for that tip.
>>
>>28483057
The trust still allows others to have possession of your items while you're not around. You can't do that when it's registered to you. They're still worth doing from that perspective and it's not retro active
>>
>>28483075
it isn't every single person on the trust though. it is only those who can control and make changes to the trust. If you have a grantor to the trust then really you'd be the only one that can make changes to it and you'd be the only one that'd be rq'd to have the photo and finger prints.

However the photo fingerprints and cleo notification will only be 6 months out once it is put into the general register. since it hasn't been put in yet the 6 month timeline hasn't started. furthermore people will be taking that to court anyways so who knows if that will hold up.
>>
My form 1 on a trust took almost exactly 90 days last year. Filed somethibg like 4/29 and got like 7/28 or very close to there.

Dealer just initiated the form 3 transfer for my surpressor like 3 weeks ago.... Only 10 more months before I can take physical possession of it guys!
>>
>>28483152
That doesn't sound right but I'm not finding a new definition for "responsible person" anywhere in their statement.
>>
>>28483057
In addition to allowing other people to posses your NFA items without your supervision if your trust was setup that way like that other anon said the trust offers asset protection.

My lawyer advised me to move all firearms to my trust and any valuable collectiins because a trust has clear sucessorship defined and does no go to probate if you die so your possessions are not a matter of public record.

Additionally he indicated in as ethical a way as he could that it would protect your assets in the event of a divorce since you don't own them and are merely a custodian of them.
>>
>>28482837
Specwar 762 took 6 months starting in March. Got my first SBR stamp through the E-Forms in 4 months starting in August. I have a second SBR eform going through now and I dont plan on adding anything more for a while.
>>
File: IMG_20151023_165847.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151023_165847.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>28483166
People have been analyzing the shit out of it. The most convincing arguments I have read say that responsible person(s) are only t hose who can make changes to the trust itself so pretty much just trustees. I don't know the term or title for these people, but you can have people who can possess the items of the trust but not make changes and thus are not responsible for the trust, its assets, or its operation.

Overall I'd consider 41p a lateral move. It helps people who could never get CLEO sign off like me but it inconveniences everyone slightly.

My tin foil hat says that these rule changes are designed to discourage most people from the additional expense of trust now that CLEO is not required. This is because it is an attempt to gradually reduce the amount of NFA items in circulation makes passing on NFA items is more difficult/a hassle as an individual. Undoubtedly many people who don't know better or don't have any interest would surrender NFA items because of the additional hassle and cost it takes to dispose of them without a trust. Consider a collection of only five items would cost $1000 to just transfer, that could very easily be more to keep a few guns someone doesn't care about than they think it's worth.

>>28483157
Muh SBR and I ordered a Mystic X.
>>
>>28483217
NFA transfers to an heir is done tax free on a form 5 and the ATF will generally bend over backwards to make sure the guns end up in the right hands and not sold at a flea market.
>>
>>28482837
Just bought an lmt mrp cqb upper with a 10.5 barrel, and dropped the form 1, my 5th cuckstamp and I might suck a dick to get it now.
>>
>>28483233
Thanks anon. The more you know,.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 712x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 712x960px
Itt: cuckstamps
>Paying to modify your own property
>>
>>28483217
>non-symmetrical mag
triggered
>>
File: 1443506158154.png (733KB, 836x981px) Image search: [Google]
1443506158154.png
733KB, 836x981px
>>28483512
these grapes are delicious
>>
File: 1452295710692.jpg (15KB, 306x325px) Image search: [Google]
1452295710692.jpg
15KB, 306x325px
>>28483637
Anon
You are retarded
Keep your damage control quiet buddy
>>
>>28483655
NJ? MA? NY? you sure are mad, friend
>>
>>28483637
>I want to support a gun registry, pay $200 to swap a barrel, and have something I can't use in self defense.
Wow nice grapes
>>
>>28485492
>can't use in self defense
cite it, nigger
>>
Would it be worth getting a tax stamp for a FN FAL or buying one of the converted semiautos? Both probably out of my price range anyway.
>>
>>28485576
pre-1968 FALs are worth several thousand dollars more than there converted peers because they are genuine factory machine guns rather than conversions.
>>
>>28485576
>Full auto battle rifle

But why?
>>
>>28485791

Because it was as god designed them.

Also its fun as fuck.I got to shoot a post-86 G3 on full-retard. Absolute, uncontrollable bliss. I think my grouping was the size of a truck at 50m
>>
anyone still here?
I want to build a suppressed 300 blk SBR.
probly use a 9" BCM upper and attach it to one of my existing COLT AR lowers.

Does that mean I need 2 tax stamps? (one for the SBR and one for the Suppressor?)
What part of the SBR gets registered? the Serial number of the lower?

How long for to get stamps for 2 NFA items?
>>
>>28486357
yes, two stamps, the lower gets registered, yes the original serial number, you also have to engrave it with your name and your city and state. The gun also has to bear the registered caliber or gauge engraved on it too. Most people just go with the engraving that is on the barrel.

Example, the lower is engraved:
Leroy Jenkins Revocable Living Trust
Jimmiesville, IN

the barrel is already engraved .300 or 300 AAC BLK or whatever so you're good there.

If you really want to be a stickler just engraving the lower, too. The form 1 will have caliber: .300 on it so engrave CAL .300 on the lower

you can add CAL .300 AAC BLACKOUT for identification but only the CAL .300 is necessary to satisfy ATF rules
>>
>>28486493
ok, thanks.
presuming i do all of this and have my 2 stamp suppressed sbr, would it be legal for me to then put different uppers on the registered lower?
like say i wanted to put a full 16" upper on it for some reason.
>>
>>28486493
>you also have to engrave it with your name and your city and state
what if i do all of this, then move to a new city or state and want to bring my sbr with me?
>>
>>28486568
you dont change the engraving... the engraving is required for where the gun is manufactured or made. as the "maker" of the SBR you have to engrave your location into it

for moving you file a 5320.20 with the ATF and as long as you aren't moving to a ban state they will approve it and the registry will reflect your new address

>>28486542
>legal to put different uppers
yes, once you have a stamp for an SBR you can own as many different uppers as you want of any length
>>
File: image.jpg (445KB, 1280x1303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
445KB, 1280x1303px
>>28485543
http://www.afn.org/~guns/ayoob.html

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/news-good-bad-ugly/10394-f-you-your-high-powered-rifle-gary-fadden-incident-ayoob-files.html
>>
>>28487053
>posting articles instead of code section as proof
>>
>>28485543

He is right anon.

You stamp fags are deluding yourselves into thinking that just because this system exists that it gives you more freedom.
>>
>>28487201
>freedom
collecting stamps vs. being an edgy home manufacturer of unregistered NFA
>freedom
>prison vs. freedom
I'll pay for cuckstamps
>>
>>28482837
Put a Form 4 for a can in Sept. Efiled a Form 1 SBR around Christmas. I use a trust and to make the most of it I'll probably submit one more a month for the next 6. Probably going to:

SBR an AK pistol that I have
Form 1 an AOW of some kind
Pick up at least a .30cal can and a .22can, considering a dedicated 9mm can (got a .45 to cover all the bases)
Maybe SBS a shotgun for fun.
Maybe SBR a shitty Yugo mauser into a Yugoberez

There's some longer term projects I'll probably do as well but I only have 3 trustees so I'll probably wait. Most of it is that I assume that unless they update the efile system, we'll lose the ability to efile Form 1s with the trusts.

>>28483217
Interesting, as my trust states that the settlelor retains sole control over the trust itself and trustees cannot make any changes to the document with the exception of updating schedule A with the explicit permission of the settlelor.
>>
Is there a downside too owning/ registering stuff?(not going the illegal route just want some opinions)
>>
>>28487837
It's an addiction. You end up needing cans for everything, every AR or AK can be shorter, etc.

If you are anal about it yes the ATF knows that you have stuff.
>>
>>28487889
Only thing I would probably own(that I can afford is a sawn off really, wouldn't mind a fn FAL but can't afford a semi auto let alone a Preban full auto.) also a Tec-9 but I would probably rather have a semiauto of that personally.

Quick question: if you get a stamp does it have too be for a exact gun, or something in that type. Like if you get one for a shorty shotgun do you have too submit it for a exact model or can you get it for any type of model etc.
>>
>>28487950
When you submit paperwork to turn an existing firearm into an NFA device, you specify the manufacturer of the firearm, the serial, etc so yest it is for an exact device. Even if you create it from scratch you have to specify certain information ahead of time. So you could not get a stamp for an SBS and decide later which one you are going to buy. For example if I want to put a short barrel on a Mossberg 500 I have to have the Mossberg 500 in my possession before filing the paperwork because I need to have both legal ownership as well as the serial and dimensions.
>>
>>28488017
I was thinking in reguars of a full auto rifles and shorties like a Serbu Super-Shorty which you can't buy without a stamp, would you have too have one lined up too buy or get a stamp for the exact model or say, if you get one for a serbu like shorty it's good for any model they sell or can only be for that one make?
>>
>>28488107
Oh yes, you would have to arrange to buy it first, then fill out the paperwork. For example, I bought a suppressor paid for it, had it set aside, and used its information (length, caliber, serial) and will simply take possession of it when the stamp comes in.

Gotta find it first then get the stamp for that exact device with that serial.
>>
>>28487950
each stamp is for a specific serial number, specific gun
>>
Thanks for all the info, probably just stick too getting one for a sawn off(when I find a good double I would want too do that with anyway) how much would it cost too have one Professionally sawned off for? I wouldn't want too go through that much work and fuck it up.
>>
>>28488264
a shotgun barrel you could cut yourself with a hacksaw, dremel tool, and straight edge and level.

a rifle barrel would have to be cut, crowned, and threaded.... best left to a gunsmith
>>
>>28488349
I was thinking I could do the barrel myself, but the handle was what I was wanting done nice. And if I was gonna get the handle handled somewhere by a gunsmith maybe way not have them do a better job on the barrel as well.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.