[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future First AR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: A4CLONE5.jpg (62KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
A4CLONE5.jpg
62KB, 1024x578px
Hey /k/, got a question for ya: what's a very good first AR to buy/build?

Necessary background info: I'm currently a full-time college student without a job, so you know I'm broke as fuck. This May when semester's up, I don't have family I can move in with cos I'm 24 and my folks aren't together anymore. So this summer I'm looking to get a full time job making realistically $10-$13 hourly and'll be paying rent at a friend's house or something like that.

With all that in mind, I won't have a ton of money or time to work with, but I got the AR bug bad and all my other guns are mostly surplus bolt guns, so I wanna move to the current century and want something fun.

Anybody know of some good ARs or builds that are under probably $800? I can Google it, but I don't really know which names are good or what's considered a good price.

Something like pic related is what I have in mind: A4 style, doesn't have to have a permanent front sight though.
>>
File: IMG_6910(1).jpg (166KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6910(1).jpg
166KB, 1440x1920px
>>28463074
I had an Aero Precision AR that was really fun. Ran about 1k rounds through it with zero hiccups. They are your basic milspec rifle and not expensive.

On another note, does anyone have any experience with AR pistols? Want a 10.5 inch Diamondback.
>>
>>28463116
How much was it? Why'd you get rid of it?
>>
>>28463170
I was given this one as a gift, but my understanding is they can be had for around 5-600. Saves you money towards a nice optic and ammo.

Got rid of it for a pistol I wanted.
>>
>>28463211
Right on, I could probably scrounge $600 over 3.5 months
>>
>>28463269
It's a good first AR. Decide if you like it or not (I didn't, not enough kick) without spending too much.
>>
When I was 19 I wanted to get started on an AR but wasn't willing to go all in all at once.

Start with the lower, later get the parts kit, later the buffer and stock, then a magazine. All of that should run you around $250 total, easily spread out over a month or two.

After that it's time too save for the upper, which will run you from $300-$1000+. Don't make the mistake of getting an A2 upper from PSA just because it's cheap. I wish I had gone with a more easily modded upper.
>>
>>28463074
Fn15 1776 awesome quality for the $$$ non A2 front so you can pick irons or just mount an optic. Like $700 on slickguns
>>
>>28463369
I'd like a more traditional A2 style, with a flat top

Not a fan of M4s or collapsible stocks
>>
>>28463572
Buy an A2 stock lower build kit and lower, but I guess that depends on if you want the "classic" fixed stock or a more tacticool one. Should run about $250-$300.

After that just but a mid-length upper with A2 sights.
>>
>>28463572

Sadly 90% of what is out there is carbines. Id say get a RRA 20 inch a4 upper, and a lower built how you like it. Lowers are simple to do, plenty of youtube tutorials on em, and all you need is a cheap punch set and a wrench for the stock.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.