[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, serious question. I've never tried this steel case

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: AMM-2906_A.jpg (22KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
AMM-2906_A.jpg
22KB, 550x550px
Ok, serious question. I've never tried this steel case ammo because I hear so much negativity about it. Is it bullshit? Am I asking for a bad time with this stuff?

I'm thinking of getting a spam can.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-2906?td_source=search
>>
In my experience, ARs don't really like steel. Lots of FTFs.
>>
>>28461799
Buy it. Just buy it from someone else. CTD went full jew during several panics and raised prices to ridiculous levels, gouging the fuck out of chumps.
My AR eats steel cased all day everyday, but I clean it after ever range trip. Someone who only cleans occasionally will experience more malfunctions with steel compared to brass.
>>
>Steel ammo thread #414548431543453434
>Not in the QTDDTOT

-_-

No, it will not hurt your gun.
>>
>be me, poor as fuck
>brother has awesome job and makes over $100k/year
>he refuses to run steel cased as it will "fuck up his AR". buys only brass
>he doesn't reload
>I sweep up all his brass and reload it for pennies

Thanks bro!

But really OP, steel cased is fine.
>>
>>28461799

>checked

Also steel is cheap range food. Buy it. Clean your gun afterwards.

Don't buy it from CTD either. Fuck those guys.
>>
>>28461860
>>Not in the QTDDTOT
>-_-
>No, it will not hurt your gun.

There's not one up right now, brah.

I knew it wouldn't harm the rifle but the meme is that they FTF every 5th round.
>>
>>28461826
>gouging the fuck out of chumps.
Their prices are clearly listed, it's your own fault if you actually buy it. I can't fault them there.
But I've heard of companies cancelling paid orders and relisting items for jacked up prices, that's what infuriates me.
>>
>>28461920
I've gone through a 500rd case of Wolf 223 for plinking without any issues, if your AR can't handle steel cased shit then your rifle is shit. Sure a underpowered round is expected every once in awhile with cheap ammo, but it doesn't always happen and is possible even with the most premium ammo.
>>
>>28461799
Its underpowered and dirty. Thats all I get out of it.
>>
I'd go with Wolf over Tula. The Tula I've shot is a little weaker than standard loads. It may or may not cause malfunction. It's okay if your gun eats it. Shoot a couple mags worth first before you buy a bunch of ammo that won't cycle through your gun. Faggot.
>>
>>28461968
>it's your own fault if you actually buy it.

Believe me, I didn't. And the fact that they'll charge these kinds of prices has made me decide to never buy anything from them ever again.
>>
>>28461968
>royal tiger import selling that batch of vepr-1v rpks as the sanctions hit, for 1000 bucks
>sanctions hit
>people who'd already paid for their gun get notified that their orders were cancelled
>suddenly, by some odd coincidence, a bunch of vepr-1v rifles show up on gunbroker for 2000+ dollars
>under a user name RTimports or something very similar
So that's what happened with them anyway. I heard CTD did something similar in 2012, but I don't remember what with.
>>
Its fine bro, accurate enough for plinking but its filty as fuck. My M1A eats it up, it will shorten extractor life but whatevs
>>
File: buck fiddy per boolit.png (115KB, 1038x626px) Image search: [Google]
buck fiddy per boolit.png
115KB, 1038x626px
>>28462016
They capitalized on the green tip scare too.
>>
Steel ammo is perfectly fucking fine. Just clean you gun afterwards, cmon
>>
Steel cased ammo in general is fine, my AR's love golden bear, silver bear, and brown bear .223 but STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM TULA, it's the worst steel cased .223 available. Regardless of different mags in 3 different rifles and one pistol, literally every other round was either a FTE or a stovepipe. Don't buy Tula .223 ever.
>>
>>28462332
Is Tula 7.62 still good?
>>
>>28462354
Yes, AKs will eat literally anything. Tula 7.62x39 is great, my Saiga has eaten over 500 rounds without a single issue except one failure to return to battery, which I attribute to the shitty Promags I was using at the time.
>>
File: IMG_20151222_150315.jpg (3MB, 4584x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151222_150315.jpg
3MB, 4584x2952px
>>28461816
False. I switch my ar between brass and steel. 800 rounds of steel so far, 2 double feeds, both instances for the same 20 round magazine with the old black followers. No issues with modern 30 rounds mags with magpul followers or h&k polymer mags

That being said, tula ammo is literally the worst. WPA is like 23 cents a round and leagues better. Those double feeds were also tula, I shot WPA through those magazines before and had no such issues.

My ar IS a 14.5 mid gas, and tula has less powder behind it, so maybe it was short stroking, have a failure to eject, and then some how double feed. I dunno.
But fuck cheaperthandirt and fuck tula.
>>
If you want steel .233 stick with wolf or brown bear.
Even there 7.62 is shit but it somewhat works
>>
>>28462206
Even tula .223 is non corrosive. You don't need to clean but for every 500 rounds or so
>>
File: 1451348247712.jpg (39KB, 644x484px) Image search: [Google]
1451348247712.jpg
39KB, 644x484px
>>28461799

>buying from "cheaperthandirt"
>ever

Fuck you.
>>
>>28462392
>False

So my experience didn't happen??
>>
>>28462405
Yeah yeah. There's a fun store that sells it near by I linked that so you all could see what I'm talking about.

News flash. Everyone takes advantage of scarcity scares. Welcome to capitalism.
>>
>>28462712
bu-b-b-but muh ethics!!
>>
I run that through my ar, never had a problem.

It's a PSA upper so don't know if that means much.
>>
>>28461799
I run steel cased all the time because I'm a poorfag. Some of the Russian shit like Tula can be pretty dirty but if you just clean your rifle after you're done shooting you will be fine. Never had a FTF yet from the rifle not taking steel.
>>
>>28462392
What is wpa?
>>
From my personal experience with steel ammo:
>wolf 9mm was horrible and 10 out of a 50 round box had failures to feed.
>wolf .223 numerous failure to feeds in my brother's SIG AR
>wolf 7.62x54R worked fine but the lacquer can exasperate sticky bolt syndrome.

Bottom line, I won't ever buy wolf 9mm again, .223 is alright but not the best, and 7.62x54R is perfectly good ammo. The rule of thumb is to only buy wolf or tula for Russian firearms.
>>
>>28461799
I generally haven't had issues with steel case in my AR other than with Tula. Anything made by Barnaul works fine, but Tula will usually fail to feed or even fail to eject. I didn't have a chronograph when I shot it, but Tula also seemed less consistently loaded than the Barnaul loaded "Colt" I was also shooting and was definitely less accurate, shooting 5.5 to 6 inches at 100m versus the Colt shooting 2.5 to three inches. For reference, PMC XM855 shoots 1.5 inches in my AR.

I also have had issues with steel cased Romanian 7.92x57mm, but the problem cases there can be eliminated by visually inspecting the ammo for defects and poor finish.
>>
>>28462354
My SKS eats tula x39 all day
>>
>>28461799

Steel case is perfectly fine , for all calibers it's fine just runs dirty and might have a weird smell. Other than that , it's ok. I really want to try that winchester steel case to see how it shoots.
>>
>>28461826
It's more than being dirty, it's putting steel on steel. It can fuck up your barrel.
>>
File: 1363635104870.jpg (48KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1363635104870.jpg
48KB, 275x275px
>>28463581
This shit again?
>>
Steel case ammo is fine for range use
Tulammo is not. Tulammo is fucking garbage and may even damage your gun
Kill yourself for even considering buying anything from CTD

/thread
>>
>>28463581
what if I told you that brass cases measure harder than the steel cases you are putting into your gun?
>>
>>28462694
I'm telling you your rifle must suck or something, because BCM is milspec and ate everything I fed it, with 2 failures in 800 rounds, both most likely magazine related, both tula, no issues with other brands
>>
>>28461799
My uncle has a cheap Egyptian AK that fed 500 of those with no problems one day. I say go for it.
>>
>>28463294
get a pistol that isnt shit, faggot
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.