[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get my wife a reliable CC gun. She is a huge pussy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

File: Beretta_Model_21_Side_View.jpg (69KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta_Model_21_Side_View.jpg
69KB, 1024x768px
I want to get my wife a reliable CC gun. She is a huge pussy and says .380 has too much recoil and the slides on them are too much for her to pull back. Now, I could offer her my Skorpion but I dont think its the best option so I am thinking about getting her a Beretta 21a in .25ACP. I know the ammo is expensive compared to the .22lr but the reliability increase makes it worth it.

>So, what would be a good CC for her and how does a Beretta 21a in .25ACP stack up?
>>
.25acp is the most useless caliber ever
>>
Teach her to shoot properly.
>>
>>28454754
>EVERY FEMALE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHOOT 500 S&W
>>
>>28454797
Shooting has nothing to doo with physical fitness, except for the relative size of the firearm to a person's body (printing). If a woman knows how to shoot properly she can shoot anything.
>>
>straw purchase

have fun going to jail
>>
>>28454645
>says .380 has too much recoil and the slides on them are too much for her to pull back

This is her way of telling you she doesn't want a gun, dumbass. If she doesn't want it, she's not going to carry it, regardless of what you buy.
>>
>>28454645
What .380 pistol did she shoot?
>>
>>28454834
This.
Buying a gun for someone else is FUCKING ILLEGAL OP.
>>
File: browning_1911-380_9281web.jpg (628KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
browning_1911-380_9281web.jpg
628KB, 1600x1067px
>>28454645
>380 has too much recoil
Look at the Browning Black Label 1911

It's literally the 1911 scaled down by 20% and chambered for .380ACP, unlike most .380 pistols it's short recoil and locked breech, so the recoil is soft as a kitten and the slide easy as pie to rack.

Load it with some nice defensive ammo (I suggest some nice solid copper bullets as .380 hollowpoints don't quite expand so well, so get better penetration instead, the Lehigh ones are nice, they basically drill into the target, creating a nice cavity and cutting deep).
>>
Have her try a 1911

no shit.
>>
>>28454645
Berettas with flip-up barrels come in 32 acp, definitely better than 25 acp.
>>
>>28454860
>>28454856
It was one of the Makarov clones in .380 kek

>>28454870
I have a colt Mustang in the store and I have thought about letting her shoot it, but I just hate to drop it from new to used pricing if she decides against it. Are they pretty similar?
>>
>>28454879
I was looking at them and apparently they have some serious frame cracking issues. If this wasnt such a big problem I would buy one of those without hesitation. .32acp has been killing people dead for years.
>>
>>28454862
>>28454834

He's buying it for himself, gifting to his wife. Completely legal. Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>28454834
>>28454862
Only if she's a prohibited person you fagtrons.
There's literally a tickbox for purchasing a gun as a gift on the form.
>>
>>28454903
Which Mak clone

Also, try a .38 Special revolver. No slide to bitch about, still has some power. Your wife should work out.
>>
>>28454924
Really? I have never heard of that problem. Is that with modern +P or with old standard loads?
>>
>>28454997
.38 has alot of recoil for most women, most women say a 9mm is too much, hence why so many like .380. A .38 has more than 9mm
>>
>>28454903
>It was one of the Makarov clones in .380 kek
Get her some pepper spray then. I own one and there isn't much that you can improve over that without going to a similar size gun in .32 ACP or .25 ACP. If you go with a lighter caliber in a lighter gun you are going to get a similar amount of recoil.

>>28454997
Only ones I know of are the Baikal ones.
>>
>>28455014
It could be with +P ammo because all new guns have a warning saying to not use +P but either way it was a huge problem.

Also where the hell can you buy a new one of these at? All I am seeing is the used market
>>
>>28454862
In the U.S. it isn't illegal to buy someone a firearm as a gift. Buying a firearm with the knowledge it will be used in a crime or buying it for someone who cannot legally possess a firearm is illegal.
>>
>>28454834
>>28454862
^^ never filled out a 4473, lol
>>
>>28455093
IT IS NOW

THANKS OBAMA
>>
>>28454903
Colt Mustang might work, but keep in mind that it's also lighter so it kicks more. Get her to try out both.

Alternatively, look at a Beretta 81, 12+1 rounds of .32ACP, it's not a powerhouse (altough it beats the shit out of .22LR and .25ACP), but it has a sizeable mag, is a bit on the smaller side, yet has heft to eat recoil.

It's DA/SA, so she can carry it with a round in the chamber and just pull the trigger on the first shot without her having to struggle with the slide (which can be troublesome for weaker folks when it comes to straight blowback)

Get her Pachmayr grips too, like Tony Montana, and it should be a phenomenally easy gun to shoot.
>>
Bersa Thunder in .380 has a tubular port instead of a slide that needs to be cocked so you can carry chambered without working a slide.

If she can't learn to shoot .380 she doesn't want to live
>>
>>28455236
Could a small frame woman eve CC a beretta 81?
>>
I dont think a 25 could kill a man
>>
>>28455359
It could be carried in a purse I suppose.
It's sort of modest in size honestly.
>>
>>28455456
Can I shoot you with it then? I mean seriously 8rds of .25 into a person will stop them, you do not need a fucking .45
>>
OP you tell your wifey to go full Winter Soldier with that skorpion for the love of christ.
>>
>>28455456

a 22 can kill a man...pellet guns have killed people.
>>
>>28454645
I bought a kel-tec PF-9 a few months ago and have been CC'ing it.
Gotta say swell gun for carry, super small 7+1 9mm.
>>
>>28455933
The only thing is pulling the slide back.

We are talking about a 5'0 105lb woman who considers a gallon of milk heavy. Shes pretty incapable as a human.
>>
>>28454645
>She has a HUGE pussy

kek thats fucked up..

Oh she is a huge pussy.

I bet her husband is a real winner Op.
>>
>>28455966
That's cold man
>>
>>28455966
>5'0 105lb woman
terrible, i hope you don't plan to breed with her
>>
>>28456113
She sounds cute and petite, I hope he does.
>>
>>28454645
>She is a huge pussy and says .380 has too much recoil
So, you're looking for a CC for herself, and you made up a story about having a wife to try and play it off of, because you're but man enough to admit your own weaknesses?
>>
File: 961620.jpg (33KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
961620.jpg
33KB, 480x600px
Your wife is a pussy OP. You deserve a real man
>>
>>28456197
>for yourself
Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>28456170
I hope he beats her mercilessly on a regular basis.
>>
>>28454645
Have her start lifting.
>>
>>28455029
>>28456312
These, if she is to weak to handle the recoil of a Makarov in .380, she is to weak to use a gun.
>>
>>28456340
Any gun is better than no gun faggot
>>
>>28454924
Beretta announce a frame swapout program for some time, but cut if off after a certain number of years. The crack is small and can be fixed usually with a decent smith shop. Some of them have titanium barrels and are indestructible.
The pop up barrel for loading save you from racking the slide.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 740x557px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 740x557px
>>28455966
Just buy her one of those small beretta 25s, bobcat or jetfire or some shit. Or the 8 shoot Luger LCR(might be a different name for the 22 variety) or both, LCR in purse and mini beretta strapped too her ankle.
>>
>>28456393
You've never shot a Makarov in .380, have you? They have almost no recoil and a similar sized gun in .32 ACP won't have that much less (same velocity, bullets only weigh 17-22 grains less). Not to mention that someone who has a problem with the recoil on a gun like that would most likely stop carrying the gun due to how heavy it is and would more than likely have a problem pulling the slide back.
>>
>>28454967
>He's buying it for himself, gifting to his wife.
that's a straw purchase you stupid motherfucker.
>>
>>>28457084
> doesn't know the definition of straw purchase
> calls others stupid mother fuckers

Stay /k/lassy friend
>>
>>28457084
A straw purchase is someone giving you money to buy a gun on their behalf retard
>>
>>28455456
>I dont think a 25 could kill a man
Are you fucking for real?

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Blokhin
>Blokhin initially decided on an ambitious quota of 300 executions per night; and engineered an efficient system in which the prisoners were individually led to a small antechamber—which had been painted red and was known as the "Leninist room"—for a brief and cursory positive identification, before being handcuffed and led into the execution room next door. The room was specially designed with padded walls for soundproofing, a sloping concrete floor with a drain and hose, and a log wall for the prisoners to stand against. Blokhin would stand waiting behind the door in his executioner garb: a leather butcher's apron, leather hat, and shoulder-length leather gloves. Then, without a hearing, the reading of a sentence or any other formalities, each prisoner was brought in and restrained by guards while Blokhin shot him once in the base of the skull with a German Walther Model 2 .25 ACP pistol.[13][14][15] He had brought a briefcase full of his own Walther pistols, since he did not trust the reliability of the standard-issue Soviet TT-30 for the frequent, heavy use he intended.
>His count of 7,000 shot in 28 days remains the most organized and protracted mass murder by a single individual on record
He also killed thousands and thousands more people, estimated at 10-40,000 executions by his own hand. Most with a .25 ACP. But you know,
>I dont think a 25 could kill a man
>>
>.380 has too much recoil and the slides on them are too much for her to pull back
>the slides on them are too much for her to pull back
You are married with a person who has muscular dystrophy?
>>
>>28454645
she should not be carrying a firearm then. she's going to fuck up and lose it or get it stolen

most likely, she does not even want to carry one but you keep insisting like an autistic sperglord, so she said "they recoil too much". why dont you actually try listening to her for once in your life?
>>
File: cz75b compact with wood grips.jpg (165KB, 1023x769px) Image search: [Google]
cz75b compact with wood grips.jpg
165KB, 1023x769px
>>28454645
Get this.
>>
>>28459974
>heavy shot .25acp at point blank range
>>
File: tactical-sash.jpg (240KB, 1000x468px) Image search: [Google]
tactical-sash.jpg
240KB, 1000x468px
Assuming she doesn't want to get shot by an asshole triggerhappy cop, she should carry one of these too. I keep one folder up in a belt holster (with my G26 in a IWB)

ive carried flex cuffs too but it ended up being too much and kind of annoying to gear up for the day.
>>
>>28456450
>rimfire pocket revolver
Terrible idea for a weak woman, the triggers are super stiff
>>
>>28460853
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
Hello /k/. I'm not well-versed in guns, and I rarely come to this board. I'm pretty sure this is a bit too far off to be considered on-topic for this thread, but I figured it'd be better to make a single post than make a whole new thread for a simple, stupid question.

I don't own a gun, but rising local crime rates and my own paranoia have convinced me to get one. I'm focused purely on self-defense, not recreation, and after I log some hours on a range it's probably never going to leave my house.

I've heard many a gun nut lament over a gun that was not properly maintained, and consequently malfunctioned. This brings to mind stories of the frankly absurd durability of the ak-47 (being stored long-term in dirt, sand, water, mud, and one time even in Cattle manure).

Are there any handguns or light rifles that exhibit this sort of reliability? I'm looking for something as close as I can get to idiot-proof. Something that can spend years it its case without proper maintenance and still be depended on when the time comes.
>>
>>28461164
Other then the trigger being stiff a small 22 revolver wouldn't be that bad maybe.
>>
>>28461181
>after I log some hours on a range it's probably never going to leave my house.
Buy a S&W revolver in .357magnum with a 4+ inch barrel, if you're too pussy to fire the .357s it can fire .38spcl +P with almost no recoil.
Learn to point it and pull the trigger, stick it in your nightstand. No problems.
As to what model, go to a gunstore and try out different weights and see what's in your budget.

Do not buy a shotgun
>>
File: cz-usa-cz-2075-rami-500x333.png (150KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-cz-2075-rami-500x333.png
150KB, 500x333px
>>28460739
>Compact

The RAMI might be a better choice.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 825x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 825x160px
>>28461181
>>28461202
You think maybe a Ruger like rifle would be a good option for him? Like a .22 or mini-14?
>>
>>28454856
This-save your money
>>
>>28461219
No. 22 is not good for home defense and someone who isn't going to practice shouldn't expect to use a rifle in a stressful, enclosed space.
>>
File: 4safetyrules.png (75KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
4safetyrules.png
75KB, 250x150px
>>28461181
Glock 17 with underbarrel laser
RIA 1911 Tactical with night sights
Ruger GP100 in .357
Soviet Makarov
Serbian Tokarev in 9mm Luger

Just some I can think of. Go and shoot a box or two at least once a month so that you have actual nominal profiency, a can of Ballistol or other CLP and a brush (basic cleaning/maintenance kit), do a basic rough cleaning every other month. The gun should last forever.

Observe the Cooper Rules (pic related), never shoot to wound or intimidate, when you shoot at a person you shoot to kill him, center mass, if he drops and is incapacitated but isn't yet dead, DO NOT "FINISH HIM OFF", that will be regarded as excess force and second degree murder.
Just call 911 and tell them you've shot a home invader, if you want to help stop his bleeding, you can, but you're not obligated to, and there are risks with that (what if he has hepatitis?).

Never shoot at an unidentified target unless you can positively tell they are a threat, idiots shooting at an unconfirmed sillhouette at night is how family members get killed.

Also, unless you live in Albonia and will be keeping your gun in mud, it'll probably be fine. People typically do not store their guns in feces.

>>28461191
>.22LR
>out of a short barrel
Worthless, way too large margins for error. Rimfires are also inherently less reliable.

>>28461202
Shotguns are fine.

>>28461219
Mini-14s are alright, powerful, reliable, but I think he's looking for a handgun.
A .22LR rifle would actually not be worthless in a pinch, but there's way better options.
>>
>>28454834
Dumbass
>>
>>28461181
No gun is completely idiot proof, you are going to have to do some basic maintenance to keep from rusting up completely. If you want the most reliable option for a intermediate carbine, get an SKS. It's a mass produced rifle produced for illiterate potato farmers that goes bang every time. Plus there is no detachable mags to keep track of if you like that kind of thing. If you want detachable mags get an AK variant, I'm not too well versed in AKs due to the fact that I live in a state where most of them are illegal. I own a chinese type 56 and I would trust my life to that rifle.
>>
Why is it so hard for you people to understand that some people (old people, small women, pussy men) honestly struggle with the slides on guns?
>>
>>28461910
Because my girlfriend, who is so weak that she finds even an unloaded unscoped Marlin 60 to be heavy and tiring to hold up, is still able to ably work a pistol slide. It's all about proper technique.
>>
>>28460744
>"heavy shot", why don't you point out any such thing in the article linked
>thinking anyone using .25 ACP in self defense wouldn't also be using it at point-blank range, I mean most of those guns don't even have real sights
>>
>>28461944
sounds like you have a boyfriend m8
>>
>>28461208
>9mm
>>
>>28457084
It's been said before buy I can't help myself.

Your a fucking retard.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.