[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stolen valor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: PT.jpg (72KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
PT.jpg
72KB, 600x379px
Can you set me straight on stolen valor? If I want to wear combat boots, cammies, skivvy shirts, PT clothes, shirts with branch logos on them, wear dog tags and regulation haircuts etc. only for fashion and because I like the look, and not to obtain discounts or pretend I'm a service member, is there anything legally wrong with that? Can I tell off any servicemen that scream"muh valor" at me even though I'm wearing it just for fun?
>>
Not but you are a faggot
>>
If youre open about not being a servicemember or veteran, and not trying to get discounts of benefits, youre fine. Anybody else is an autist sperg.
>>
>>28451651
/thread
>>
>>28451651

I know, bro. Unfortunately faggotry is chronic.

I guess I should have also said "PT uniform" instead of "PT clothes".

Is it stolen valor if I claim to be military to get pussy in bars?
>>
>>28451643
There was a Marine that went off on someone for stolen valor, but the guy was actually a veteran. Maybe it's just better to stop being autistic altogether?
>>
>>28451680

Yeah I remember that. You're thinking of Robert Ford, right? They even put these videos on YouTube where they bully little kids, pathetic.
>>
>>28451679
>Is it stolen valor if I claim to be military to get pussy in bars?

lol like there are any straight people in the military
>>
>>28451643
stolen valor was ruled unconstitutional dude.

aka legally, you CANT get in trouble for simple saying you are a member of the armed forces.

that said, if you attempt to gain discounts your subject to fraud laws.

also, if you truly like the LOOK of military members.

you are fucking weird, your may get called out on it...and generally speaking...you will be considered weird by the majority of people.
>>
>we are the only people in the world allowed to have short haircuts and wear green
>literally how the military thinks
>>
>>28451643
I don't know why you'd want to look like a serviceman.
>>
>>28451774

I've become a pretty buff guy recently from going to the gym and think I'd look good with a regulation haircut and PT shirts and dogtags, more butch and intimidating. I'd also feel more motivated in my daily tasks. I already look somewhat aggressive when I'm resting, so it works. And right now where I'm living it feels like I'm fighting the world, plus I'm a gigantic faggot so I have to look as big and intimidating as possible. And to slay poon in bars since girls here probably love American military men.
>>
>>28451772
The Marines once spent thousands of dollars creating a new camo then threw a complete hissyfit and demanded that only the Marines be allowed to wear it because they wanted a camouflage that was immediately recognizable as belonging to the Marine Corps.
>>
>>28451935
>The Marines once spent thousands of dollars creating a new camo then threw a complete hissyfit and demanded that only the Marines be allowed to wear it because they wanted a camouflage that was immediately recognizable as belonging to the Marine Corps.

I'm not even talking about camouflage. I'm talking about literally one of the most common colors in existence. It would be like trying to copyright the word "the"
>>
>>28451959
I'm saying it's the same mentality.
>>
>>28451928
Get your hair cut however you want. But those dog tags had better have pertinent medical information on them in case you need help; else they're just faggoty jewelry.
As for clothing, wear something at least mildly respectable like a button-down shirt. Dressing in cammies relies on the implication of military service to intimidate anyone, and dressing in a PT outfit just makes you look like a poof.
>>
>>28451643
shouldnt I be allowed to dress up as a cop, without being asked about help all the time, baka, senpai. desu
>>
File: dancing-sailors.jpg (64KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
dancing-sailors.jpg
64KB, 800x533px
>>
Bloused pants in boots look neater, high and tight is fashionable.
I wouldn't give you shit over it.
>>
File: soldiercostume02.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
soldiercostume02.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>
I have a huge scar on my face so when I play army nobody questions me.
>>
>>28451643

Stolen valor is saying you did stuff you didnt do or earned stuff you didnt earn. Also saying you're military when you arent.

What you are is a faggot.
>>
File: ThatGuy.png (345KB, 1366x1306px) Image search: [Google]
ThatGuy.png
345KB, 1366x1306px
>>28451643
You wouldn't be stolen valor, but you would be "that guy". You don't want to be "that guy".
>>
>>28452052

Well I meant just the PT shirt. For pants I guess I'd wear jeans or cammies.
>>
>>28451928
>And to slay poon in bars since girls here probably love American military men.
Firefighters get more action, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 587x392px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 587x392px
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.