[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wasr-10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: wasr_10_3_.jpg (39KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
wasr_10_3_.jpg
39KB, 800x800px
Hey /k/, im in the market for my first AK, and my funds arent the highest. So I was wondering if a Wasr-10 would be okay to own.

The one im primarily interested in has a few upgrades on it, and a rail on the front of the rifle near the gas tube, for mounting red dots. The price of the one im looking at is $699,99 with some good upgrades.

What do you guys think? sensible?
>>
>>28449889
you might wanna ask over in the AK general as you will probably get more answers there but as a rule of thumb, I dont trust any AK that has had modifications done. the WASR had a troubled history and I wouldnt buy it unless you can inspect it.

Plus, for 700 you can get a brand new WASR and a good bit of ammo.
>>
>>28449889
wanted to add, WASR is probably the best entry level AK. you can get em new for around 550-600.
>>
>>28449889
>So I was wondering if a Wasr-10 would be okay to own.
Yes. Perfectly fine. As long as you don't think your pic related actually is a wasr 10.

The only things you get "upgrading" from a wasr is fit and finish and having a tac-reloadable tacticool name milled into the receiver.

If you look at the history of armed conflict, a LOT has been done with a LOT less of a rifle than a wasr is.
>>
>>28450037
That is a WASR in the picture....
>>
>>28449889

I bought a WASR not too long ago, no canted sights or canted gas tube and its been great. It has a good barrel and shoots very well. Get it.
>>
>>28449889
dont buy an AK that bubba upgraded himself. You can get a new WASR for $100 less than that. Why would you pay more for a rifle that some random guy decided to "upgrade"? You have no idea about the quality of work.

In the end never pay more for a used rifle that you can get new for less.
>>
>>28449889
I bought my first AK from a pawn shop a few years ago. Beat to shit WASR 10. Paid about 400 for it and that was probably too much.
It's decently accurate, parts are cheap and geezus can it take a beating.
>>
Get a zastava friendo :) Much better then a WASR
>>
>>28450557
They used to be slightly better, no more. Poor heat treating and crappy finnish now a days, not to mention less aftermarket
>>
>>28451217
>Poor heat treating
This fucking meme needs to stop.
It's just misinfo by people who don't know what they're talking about.
Usually newguns.

Can't agree about the finish either, the finish on my Yugos is bulletproof.

The aftermarket is just fine too, there's plenty of folks making options specifically catering to the abundance of yugo AKs that are around now.

But I agree, a WASR is a better beginner rifle.
>>
>>28449889
Hey /k/, im in the market for my first AK, and my funds arent the highest. So I was wondering if an RAS AK would be okay to own.
The one im primarily interested in has a few upgrades on it, and a rail on the front of the rifle near the gas tube, for mounting red dots. The price of the one im looking at is $589,99 with some good upgrades.
What do you guys think? sensible?
>>
>>28451292
http://www.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/2015/10/ak-cast-trunnion-fail-on-ras47-boom/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.