[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have decided rifles are overrated because even in a SHTF situation,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_5081.jpg (50KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5081.jpg
50KB, 800x600px
I have decided rifles are overrated because even in a SHTF situation, it is highly unlikely the military and police would go away unless you are in bumfuck nowhere. I have decided that if you live in urban or suburban areas, the most important key to survival will be to not stand out and thus concealability is key. I already have a compacted 9mm and decided i needed something even smaller for summer carry. What are the best .380 handguns?
>>
>>28445899
http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/bosnia-war-survivor-warns-collapse-america/

This guy seems to agree with you. Flashy rifles are the first targets. Snipers>AverageJoesWithCCPistols>TacticoolRifles
>>
>>28446028
That's fake though. I'm not disagreeing with some of his points but the story is fictious.
>>
File: 1451713132029.jpg (206KB, 720x765px) Image search: [Google]
1451713132029.jpg
206KB, 720x765px
GUY GUYS GUYS, OP has decided. you know what to do.
>>
>>28446028

It is fun to imagine k autists running through the streets with his nugget after SHTF and quickly getting guned down by gangs
>>
>>28446028
how do you become a sniper without a flashy rifle?
>>
screw your shtf scenario, assume everyone wants whetever you may or may not have, if you are seen, you are dead. Rifle is not overrated
>>
>>28445899
whats your budget
>>
As someone with a compact 9mm who plans to pick up a .380 as a backup/pocket carry, you seriously can't wear your 9mm in the summer? Come on OP.

You're right that the pistol--ideally one with a 13+ round magazine--is the weapon of choice for the survivalist. Concealability on person/through vehicle checkpoints and the ease of carrying it meaning that you can have it on you ALWAYS cannot be overstated. I can link to real-world articles backing this up too.

That's not to discount the usefulness of rifles. On the other hand, if you have a good pistol and a rifle already, a shotgun really seems superfluous.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1920x816px
In a shit hits the fan situation if you think conceal-ability is anywhere on the top 10 requirements for a sidearm other then a backup pistol you are sadly mistaken son. The priority pistol will be a machine of killing. Therefore you will either carry a high caliber killing weapon, a high capacity killing weapon, or a unique application killing weapon. If you need me to explain further into either of the 3 said categories then you need to immediately remove a molar and replace it with a cyanide infused tooth because you will not survive soldier. After the backup pistol and battle pistol have been decided it would best behoove you to acquire a weapon that gives you a tactical advantage in both the mid-range and long range scenarios you will encounter. If you need further explanation then you need not to even worry about a sidearm because chances are you will not need to burden yourself with the need to posses one because you will be a corpse. Survival is not a game, nor is it a training exercise, it is your abilities to improve your odds to maximize your expiration date to its full potential within a group whose beliefs coincide with your own. Because despite your personal beliefs you will not out operate a unit, you will become a statistic. Get your head out of your fucking ass wannabe you couldn't hang with a real killer if your life depended on it, which it won't until it is far too late. So I suggest you just go ahead and enjoy it to the fullest in the meantime, get your will in order, and have fun shooting paper targets and pretending you could survive a war scenario.
>>
Guns are not what you need in. Shtf.

Water is 10,000x more important than a. 380 cc weapon
>>
>>28446852
>What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?
>>
>>28445899
Worry not because you won't be involved in a life or death situation, you will merely waste your life away until you rot away leaving a few wastes of space on the planet to carry out some of your DNA until they cease to replicate themselves due to lack of potential & means to achieve it via upbringing.
>>
File: 1449599953301.png (75KB, 1580x1624px) Image search: [Google]
1449599953301.png
75KB, 1580x1624px
>>28446028
do people really not think that flashy rifles don't come with flashy ammo?

like they spent all their money on their rifle and no ammo?

like they only have a single gun?

or no plates?

or no friends?

like OH I JUST FOUND OUT THIS NEIGHBORHOOD PATROLS THEIR STREETS WITH AR'S, TIME TO ROB THE PLACE
>>
File: 1448152715945.jpg (51KB, 557x711px) Image search: [Google]
1448152715945.jpg
51KB, 557x711px
>>28446852
Fedora of the day award goes to...
>>
I heard the Ruger lcp is good.
>>
>>28447026
That's not a fedora though
>>
Shit thread.

Yea, I mite stock up on some stuff.

But .380 isn't worth it.
Price, and conceablity.
Stick with 9mm....
>>
>>28446392
underrated post
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.