[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ I'm thinking of getting a coach gun for the fun of it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: dscf1044.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (199KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
dscf1044.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
199KB, 800x494px
/k/ I'm thinking of getting a coach gun for the fun of it, but I was wondering, would one of these be terrible for home defense? or perfectly adequate?
>>
>>28444202
depends on the skill of the operator
do you trust yourself to never miss the 2 shots?
how fast can you reload?

a pump would be more practical cheaper and hold more bullets for fun why not
>>
Seriously limited but far better then nothing, with the advantage that they are extremely simple to operate.

I'd reach for a pistol first, but if it's the only gun you have you'd do far better with a coach gun then with a baseball bat.

As a personal note, they are damn fun guns.
>>
>>28444261
if the answer to the first question is yes, I'd think it would suffice, 18 pellets of 00 buck through the chest is a mighty powerful thing I'd think. but good point on price vs functionality, it really is just a fungun I guess. but damn do I want one.

>>28444275
honestly I trust myself with long guns more, I see the benefit of a pistol, but I'm better and more comfortable with long guns in general. which both count a lot to me at home.
>>
File: IMG_3312.jpg (413KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3312.jpg
413KB, 1600x1200px
>>28444650
I picked up one of the Stoeger Coach Guns a while back. It's fun as a shooter and while two shots are far better than nothing, a pump gun would be better for home defense. That said, my Coach Gun does get stored loaded with 00 buck.

My only complaints with the Stoeger are -
1) The automatic safety - it applies when you move the lock lever. Each time you open the action, it applies the safety.
2) Weak extraction, made worse after firing full power loads. Low brass and target loads expand less in the chamber and as such are easier to extract and some shells will drop free with the chamber inverted. This gets worse as the barrels heat up. Not a big deal breaker for target shooting, but something to be aware of if one is considering it as a defensive arm.
>>
Only if you use the Joe Biden approved method of firing two blasts in the air.
>>
File: outlaw_5.jpg (15KB, 763x355px) Image search: [Google]
outlaw_5.jpg
15KB, 763x355px
>>28444897
I took a dremel to the inside of my chambers and it made extraction a lot nicer.
>>
>>28444202
>would one of these be terrible for home defense? or perfectly adequate?
It would be 10,000% better than nothing
>>
>>28444202
I'm going to cut down mine, I rebuilt it from a broken one and a hardware store. I love it. Biggest advantage is that I can fire both barrels at once.
>>
>>28445041
This made me think about that license through the fbi thing you can do to be able too own a saw off legal, would that be worth doing?
>>
>>28445144
Depends on your disposable income I guess. I don't understand how the US stamp system works because i don't care.
>>
>>28445171
Idk much about it ether, only found about about it reading about the queens of the stone age guy having that too own a sawed off double barrel and other stuff.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.