[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a couple questions about applying to federal positions,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Dept-Of-Defense-Logo.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dept-Of-Defense-Logo.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
I have a couple questions about applying to federal positions, specifically DoD postings. Hopefully someone here has actually gone through the process, considering how much you guys love talking about operating.

I am seeing on usajobs that copies of college transcripts need to have the university logo on them. I am assuming this refers to them needing to be at least copies of official transcripts; is that correct? On the unofficial DPR page of my university account the <div> scheme is set up in such a way that the only possibility to get my DPR on the same page as the university logo would be a ghetto as fuck series of screenshots.

Second - I qualify for the position by education and experience. Does anyone know of any pros and cons of using either or both in the application?

Thanks, I'll be lurking.
>>
>>28441534
Official
No
>>
>>28441534
you won't get the job.

Veterans get all government jobs. Those 200 ATF jobs Obama created are all going to under-qualified ex military neanderthals and jungle bunnies. Join the military before the government shuts down the best welfare program on earth.
>>
>>28443204

I am a veteran, I'm getting my points.

Thanks for the shitpost bump though.
>>
>>28443204
lol, already did 2 gov. seasonal positions with park service - nobody on both my shifts 10 -12 peeps were vets. pls go fuck urself already
>>
>>28441534
You need your official records. Don't overthink this.

Put both education and experience. Why would you not put both? Don't overthink this.

By the way, you sound like a fucktard so I hope you don't get the job.
>>
>>28445223

What makes me seem like a fucktard?
>>
>>28445289
The fact that you can't tell you need official records and that you'd even ask about experience and education both being listed. It shows a lack of critical thinking skills.
>>
>>28445336

Due to how biased DoD civilian work is I don't see how it isn't a valid question to ask whether I should present myself as an experienced vet, academic, or both. Also, some DoD positions say official transcripts, some say unofficial printout, and some like the one I am applying to don't specify.

You just seem to be one of those faggots who hates himself and goes into threads specifically to shitpost. How is being that kind of person working out for you?
>>
File: 1449123558802.jpg (26KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1449123558802.jpg
26KB, 280x280px
>>28441534
Anyone got tips on passing polygraph?
>>
>>28445843
Tell the truth.
Don't lie.
Be honest.
>>
File: 1448912144283.gif (3MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1448912144283.gif
3MB, 360x203px
>>28445948
>>
>>28445702
If the job posting requires a university logo, get an official transcript. Send all applicable education and job experience. If you have the right qualifications, hopefully you'll be considered.
>>
>>28445702
See? You're overthinking it. Present yourself as yourself and you'll be considered for the job if you meet the qualifications. If the job posting doesn't say, just use official transcripts. At least keep an official copy around to scan.

As for how is it working out for me? Pretty comfortable with my government job.
>>
>>28445843
>pass a polygraph test
nigga shits fake. I went to a tour of a police station and asked if they can polygraph me. Asked me do I speed or text and drive or drive angry or tired. Lied through my teeth and shit didn't catch it. Important thing is to keep calm the whole time and relax
>>
>>28446164

Does applying to your job require an undergrad or higher?

How do they determine whether your experience rates being a certain GS? I can't get a straight answer out of the internet about how that whole deal works.

>>28446173

I don't see how it is fake when it does exactly what it was designed to do.
>>
>>28446396
Not him, but I work on DEMO. Straight out of college, an employee with a BS would start at ND-02 (GS 6-8 equiv) and one with a MS/PhD would start at ND-03 (GS 9-11 equiv). Applicable experience can increase your starting rank and/or step for either system. It depends on the management.
>>
>>28446164
>Present yourself as yourself
This is fucking retarded homie. Did you get this info at the brief while you were being separated?

Because it's fucking dumb.

You tailor your resume to the fucking job, you don't just blindly send everything in and hope for the fucking best. Is this your first job since you ETS'd?
>>
>>28446610

When you say management you're talking about the ES or just the GS who is in charge? They determine whether your experience gets you a higher grade or just a step?

Do you have any links I can read? Were you a new grad without a very good resume when you started?
>>
>>28446923
I'm not really sure what I can say regarding managerial structure, and the mil sites are so obtuse its hard to find what is public release.

Try federalsoup.com and you might find something there.
>>
>>28446853
Do you think tailoring your resume involves leaving off education and work experience? Because if you do, you might be dumb as fuck. There is no leaving off education to not seem like a working man, and there is no leaving off work experience to seem like an academic. You start leaving off work history on a government application and see how that goes for you.

Also, never was in the military. I was smarter than that.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.