[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loading XDs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: cooldog.jpg (36KB, 427x373px) Image search: [Google]
cooldog.jpg
36KB, 427x373px
This may apply to any pistol though.

It seems really hard to load 9mm bullets into the magazine of the XDs. Is it normal to take so much force to push them in? Is there some kind of trick or proper way to do it?
>>
You must be new to handguns. It can take some force to load certain double stack magazines. Some just have stiffer springs than others.
>>
File: lula loader.jpg (44KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
lula loader.jpg
44KB, 880x660px
Is it a new magazine? Some magazines have really stiff springs when they're new. Maybe consider getting one of these things, they make loading mags so much quicker and really save your thumbs.
>>
>>28434794
>How do load magazine gaiz?
>Not in QTDDTOT

Really dude?

Buy a speed loader or watch a YT video.
>>
>>28434794
Normal if the mag is new.

Fill the mag to max capacity, leave it loaded. It'll get easier over time. Don't worry about it weakening, fresh springs just aren't so springy at first. Or buy one of those speed loaders hickok45 uses.
>>
File: advice dog orig.jpg (16KB, 369x305px) Image search: [Google]
advice dog orig.jpg
16KB, 369x305px
>>28434820
Thanks for the tip. Found a comparable one for my gun:
http://store.springfield-armory.com/Shop/pc/MAGAZINE-LOADER-9MM-40-S-W-357-SIG-p87.htm

Can you explain how it works exactly? It's hard to tell from the picture. But more importantly: is it worth $20?
>>
Just stop being a bitch
>>
>>28434834
First off, do not get a specialty one, get the one in my post, it's a universal loader and will work for any doublestack and most single stack magazines. As for using it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOaqyvd3LS0
>>
>>28434794
>can't load mags to save his life
>uses an xd

I am shocked.
>>
XD's come with a mag loader, at least all mine did.
>>
My XDs softened up after about a week of leaving it fully loaded. Also quit being a bitch.
>>
Make sure the bullets are pointing towards the barrel in the magazine.

Load the empty mag, drop said mag, note the direction, load bullets accordingly.
>>
>>28434794
Depends. I have a few mags, only noticed that issue with the 7 round flush mags. And that was only one of them that I bought new. The other flush mag that came with the gun was fine. Ditto with my 8 and 9 rounders.

But mostly my advice to you is >>28434859
>>
>>28434924
There's also a single stack adapter for the universal MagLULA loader.

They call it the 1911 adapter, but I find it useful for all single stacks, including my XDs-9

http://www.amazon.com/Maglula-1911AI-Aligner-Insert-22UpLULA/dp/B00G4APX84/ref=sr_1_10?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1451988573
>>
File: WE5lm2D.gif (634KB, 322x248px) Image search: [Google]
WE5lm2D.gif
634KB, 322x248px
>>28434820
This btw, the springs in my FNS-9 mags are stiff as fuck and I can get them fully loaded pretty quick with one.
>>
>>28434834
>is it worth $20?
yes, it is 100% worth it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.