[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/omandos, what is your opinion on the Ruger LCP? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: ruger.jpg (38KB, 475x330px) Image search: [Google]
ruger.jpg
38KB, 475x330px
/k/omandos, what is your opinion on the Ruger LCP? I've been considering getting one because they are the original subcompact and can equip a laser sight that doesn't effect their dimensions, but they are only chambered in .380 auto. Does this really matter or should I go with, say, Glock, who has their trademarked multi-safety thing going for them so I at least don't shoot myself in the dick when I pocket my gun?
>>
>>28433165
>don't shoot myself in the dick when I pocket my gun?
gee if only something was made to put the gun in that covered the trigger.... i will get right to work on something for you. i already have some names for it in mind. i will either call it a holster or a dick protector 9000
>>
>>28433165
It's not a bad gun, if you shoot it a lot the pins may work out a bit. It's smaller than the G42, with all else being equal. Larger calibers are not generally pocket carriable without wearing farmer jeans or being hickok sized.
>>
>>28433165
>I've been considering getting one because they are the original subcompact

wat

Get an LC9s don't fuck with the DAO guns.
>>
File: IMG_6666.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6666.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
i got one. i love it. i just stuff it in my back pocket. even if i were dumb enough to carry it without a holster the trigger pull is long enough you wont accidentally shoot it.
>>
Get the custom one with magguts

If you can find magguts for sale anywhere that is
>>
It's a great gun

It has a ~10lb trigger, which makes it suck as a range toy , but you'd have to be retarded to ND it

The Bodyguard is just as good, but slightly bigger

Carrying even a sub compact gets annoying on occasion. Having the LCP is better than not having a gun
>>
Love my LC9. What even nicer is there is a bunch of holsters out there made for it and the laser that comes from the factory with it.
>>
>>28433165
Its cheap.
Breaks easy after longterm use.
Trigger is terriBle.
You can't shoot it with out hurting your hand.
You have to get a grip sleeve, and or a mag extention.

This isn't a gun. Its plastic that fires .380.

Personally want to be able to aim, shoot.
And practice... So i can aim and shoot better..
>>
>>28433165
>because they are the original subcompact
Actually the Kel-Tec P3AT started the slim .380 craze. The Ruger LCP and Taurus TCP are direct copies of it. The slides and frames are actually interchangeable due to how much the same they are. Of course they dont work reliably
>>
Honestly, I don't mind the trigger. It's long and heavy, but somewhat smooth. I like it more than some of the bad striker-fired triggers.
>>
>>28433165
LCP is chintzy and not very durable. Plus tiny bumps for sights on the LCP and arguably better aftermarket for glock and i'd go for the g43.
>>
dude, why not just get a LC9s? It's a better gun all around; the trigger is especially improved. I carry mine in my pocket, no holster, and often forget I have it. This is in gym shorts to khakis. It also has 9 round mags available and can take +p. I'm sure some people will rip this post apart, but a sub-compact pocket gun is a really personal thing and you gotta finger-fuck a lot of guns first. I liked the LC9s a lot more than the Nano, glock 43, and a lot of other small guns I tried. It has two versions, one has a mag and slide safety, the other just a trigger safety.
>>
File: 20151129_232219.jpg (2MB, 4250x2391px) Image search: [Google]
20151129_232219.jpg
2MB, 4250x2391px
I've got one and I like it.

Like others have said, it's better than having no gun.

I carry it every night at work (Hotel) in a pocket holster. It has the Viridian green laser/holster which is pretty sweet, it turns on and off automatically when I draw it or place it back in the holster.

I bought it because my G19 would print too much wearing a dress shirt at work, and be harder to get to having the shirt tucked in and all.

It's sooo damn small and light. I feel like my phone (note 4) weighs more and and is more cumbersome in my pocket. With the added Hogue grip it feels much better in the hand than without it.

It's so easy to carry you can just throw it in your pocket to walk to the mailbox or take out the trash. If you just have to run to the store or down the block and don't feel like carrying something larger IWB you just throw it in your pocket. It's a great "lazy" gun so to speak.

I got the "gen2" version with stainless slide (people on the internet told me the blued slide tends to rust) and the improved trigger. Yea, it's DAO, but it's not a range gun so who cares, when you need it you won't be concerned or even think about how heavy the trigger is.

That is all, hope it helps.
>>
>>28435603

Why did you decide to spend the coin on the laser rather than mags/ammo/training?
>>
>>28435747
Is this a real question?

1. I have disposable income.
2. Because I felt like it.
3. I also bought extra magazines, plenty of ammo, and train with it at the range every other weekend, the same as all my other guns.

This is not a range gun you will be shooting long distances with. It's for when your attacker is right up in your face or no more than 5 yards away. It's a point and shoot type of gun, having the laser to confirm where your bullet will roughly hit is better than guessing where it's going to hit when your not aiming down the sights.
>>
File: lcp carry.jpg (334KB, 708x747px) Image search: [Google]
lcp carry.jpg
334KB, 708x747px
I like my LCP enough. Mine seems to have a weird point of aim at 7 yards where I need to line up the bottom of the front sight to the top of the rear sight but other then that its accurate. After adding a Hogue grip and 7rd mag it fits in my hand decently and I could shoot it all day if I had the ammo.

My only ding against it is that the trigger is pretty meh and you have to let it completely for reset.
>>
Is there a lcp-s anticipated? I had a gen 1 lcp and it was terrible. The trigger was like 10-12 pounds and a mile long. But the part that ruined it was no noticeable reset point. I would shoot it once and then have to almost remove my finger all together before a follow up shot. Coming straight from glocks and str SIG's this was a habit I wasn't trying to learn
>>
If I hadn't bought the Bodyguard, I woulda gotten the LCP. I like them both
>>
>>28433165
I love pocket 380s but the LCP is a piece of shit. Spend the extra cash and buy the P238.
>>
>>28437741
Some of us don't want a manual safety on our carry pistols. This isn't the time or thread to argue that. Anyways the LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT, and Kahr P380/CW380 are basically the only .380 pocket pistols that fit that category--the Glock is too big to be a true pocket pistol.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.