[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sigbros, I need your help. Anyone here own one of these? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Sigbros, I need your help. Anyone here own one of these? It's fucking $325, I know its probably snake oil but a part of me is curious. I mean I love the P226's trigger, however I've always hated how much it over travels. A part of me just want to get the trigger which eliminate this however I am curious about the total package.
>>
>>28433146
If you buy that you're a dumbass
>>
File: DSC_0836-2.jpg (3MB, 5000x3324px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0836-2.jpg
3MB, 5000x3324px
>>28433146
So you like the trigger but hate the over travel on the reset?

Sig literally makes a kit to remedy the reset for $45. It makes it so when your trigger resets there's absolutely no travel and breaks immediately.

Seriously google "Sig Sauer SRT Kit"
>>
>>28433146
Grab the SRT drop in kit (will void your warranty if you install it) and buy an 18 or 19lb hammer spring.

Bam, you have all the trigger job you need on a P series pistol.
>>
>>28433146
If your only complaint is the reset the Grayguns kit is overkill. They make quality stuff but it's not really worth it unless you have a lot of disposable income.
>>
>>28433188
Why don't you change your trip to Lard Lad?
>>
>>28433146
send your gun in and have them install it for you.
now before you start saying im not a muppet ive detail stripped and reassembled this gun a bunch of times i can do this. i dont want to wait months and pay shipping.

realize that its not about you installing the parts its about the gun you are shoving the parts in.
you dont know if your base is actually true to spec and have no way of testing it or noticing.

you are already paying a noticeable amount of money improving your gun whats a little more to make sure its done right
>>
File: GGI Invoice.jpg (142KB, 1784x289px) Image search: [Google]
GGI Invoice.jpg
142KB, 1784x289px
>>28433146
I had the following Grayguns work done to my Sig, it was expensive but it is so smooth now, especially the DA action.

If you have the money and want a smooth shooter, go for it OP. If it is a stretch to afford, look to a local smith to smooth out the action a bit
>>
Well...

Bruce Gray is totally bro-tier, and makes stuff that works.

On the other hand, springs and finish on the moving parts makes a huge difference. You can probably disassemble your gun, polish all the internals (stay away from the single action sear notch) and juggle spring weights till the cows come home, and have the same effect. What's your time worth?

And if we follow that thought all the way out- why try to make a Sig fighting pistol into something it isn't? If you want a target gun, buy one. Buy a Smith and Wesson Model 15 and enjoy a signle action trigger that's unbelieveably good.

Oh, and you can drill and tap your trigger for an overtravel stop. Takes a bit of juggling, as it will only work on the SA pull, and you have to install it, try to adjust it, shorten it, reinstall it, repeat, repeat, etc. Keep in mind that trigger is about as hard as your garden-variety rock, so be prepared to bust a tap. This is why gunsmiths have grey hair.
>>
Or you can just buy a Legion and actually save money if you don't already have a P226. The Legion is a custom P226 which has everything in that kit and all work is done in house by Bruce Gray.
>>
It's pretty much snake oil, to the people who have it its smoothness can be equated to just shooting the damn gun. The Overtravel is nice, however you can buy just the trigger for like $60.
>>
>>28433146
Just get SRT from sig. Won't void the warranty and it makes that sa like butter.
>>
>>28434381
Negative, the Legions only have the Grayguns trigger shoe, the internals are Sig factory SRT.
>>
>>28434381
>The Legion is a custom P226 which has everything in that kit and all work is done in house by Bruce Gray.
well that is completely wrong. the legion has a Bruce Gray trigger only, the rest of the fire control is Sig Sauer. The Legion does benefit from Sig's custom shop action enhancement though but that is Sig's in-house smoothing and tuning, not GGI
>>
Since we're on the subject of sigs and bruce gray, how does that eno grease on his website work? Is that some gimmicky snake oil as it claims to "stick wherever you put it" and apparently reduce felt recoil?

I have an old german p226 and want to limit my gun spending money a bit. Does a new style mainspring improve the DA a bit by lowering the trigger pull considerably?
>>
>>28437079

grease, I think it's just a sponsor thing

springs, it will lighten both DA and SA. GGI sells a mainspring kit to experiment with. with trial and error you can then find which works best in your gun without getting into light strikes
>>
>>28433146
If that's the same trigger SIG puts in their Legion series, it's absolutely glorious.

Not sure if it's necessarily worth $325, as a stock $800 SIG + $325 trigger is the same cost as a Legion, but the GG trigger in those Legions is by far the nicest I've ever felt in a DA/SA pistol. That guy really knows what he's doing.
>>
>>28437338
>If that's the same trigger SIG puts in their Legion series, it's absolutely glorious.

it is the same trigger, as in physical part, but the action work (or trigger job) is all Sig Sauer on the Legion.

I have a GGI SRT and trigger job on my P228, I compared it to the P229 Legion. I found the GGI trigger job to be noticeably smoother but the Legion SRT to be considerably better than the reworked 228 sear. the ggi kit from OP probably has a much nicer reset as it's a bespoke sear and not a reworked one. I would love to try out one of these kits for comparison.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.