[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

newfag pennsylvanian here, i want to get a rifle and learn how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: clay_pigeon_shooting_lessons.jpg (179KB, 501x301px) Image search: [Google]
clay_pigeon_shooting_lessons.jpg
179KB, 501x301px
newfag pennsylvanian here, i want to get a rifle and learn how to shoot to protect myself from the ragheads, redpill me about what kind of rifle to get and what i need to know
>>
>>28429999
What part of the state?

>quads
>>
lurk moar, read the sticky, stop posting
>>
>>28429999
Acquire AR
>>
>>28430014
lehigh county

>>28430018
i dont have time to listen to you guys cry about which pistols are the best all fucking day to learn how to rifle
>>
>>28429999
>>28430023
Yep, AR.

Look up some basic shit like maintenance and core safety guidelines on YouTube
>>
>>28429999
AR15
>>
>>28430042

holy shit, i'm in lehigh county
>>
>>28430088
nick??
>>
>>28430094
Brian?
>>
>>28430116
top kek, not brian

AR is def top firearm w/o thing that goes up but are there any less automatic ones that are good for sport?
>>
Keep in mind most civilian gun fights happen within 10 feet
You'll be better off with a pistol, which works for home defense, and concealed carry situations
If you are concerned about engaging a target at more than 20 feet (2 narrow car lanes), a rifle would be best, in which case an AR 15 would be a great starter rifle

For home defense, an s&w mp sport will be fine. Retails around $800. Get a weapon light (surefire m300) and a red dot (eotech or aim point )

If you want to spend more money, get a low profile gas block, and a hand guard with rails (easier to mount light and red dot)

Avoid frills (for now ) like a dust cover (home defense is not innadessert), plates bolt carrier group, chromed or cold forged barrel. These are nice add-ons but don't bring much to a defense situation if you maintain your weapon
>>
>>28430130
Less automatic than a semiautomatic?
The ar15 is considered a modern sporting rifle
It fits almost every competitive niche. But it's definitely a "jack of all trades master of none" rifle. So what sport do you want to participate on (this helps narrow selections )
>>
>>28430221

Im high as fuck
>>
>>28430246
while I don't promote the use of mind-altering substances around firearms, there is no inherent danger, so long as you respect the 4 rules of gun safety

1) never point the gun at something you don't want to destroy
2) keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot
>>
>>28430042
>>28430088
> not living in Northampton
>>
>>28430023
>>28430051
>>28430083
>>28430130
> this
>>
>>28430042
>lehigh county
They settling Syrians there? How are the locals reacting?
>>
>>28430094

no, not nick

>>28430246

me too

but seriously, keep your finger off the trigger and don't point it at shit you're not going to shoot at least remember those.
>>
>>28429999
hey i'm in the same boat as OP
I want to get a surplus rifle, and recommendations?
>>
>>28430390
you want a surplus rifle for home defense?
>>
>>28430465
well, no.
I really just want a gun to start with. I just have my grandfathers shotgun that I use once in a while. However I want to learn how to shoot with accuracy and I think a surplus gun would be good for economy, that and I appreciate the historical value.
>>
>>28430390
>surplus rifle
>for home defense
Kek. So you don't even want something built from a parts kit? Because at that point you'll be looking at an SKS, Garand, or M1 Carbine as far as availability goes for a semi-auto surplus rifle.
>>
>>28430505
Not really. I'd go with a Savage Axis. I made the mistake of going with a surplus rifle for my first gun, a shitty 91/30 Mosin Nagant. It's alright but not the best thing to be honest.
>>
File: cy58UaS.jpg (25KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
cy58UaS.jpg
25KB, 530x530px
>>28429999
WASR
>>
>>28430336
The Puerto Rican spics are the real problem. They're everywhere.
>>
>>28430505
a "starter" gun varies depending on your long term goals

the cheapest way to start with a rifle would be a pellet rifle. get a 22 caliber for longer range (crossman, benjamin)

if you insist on a cartridge-fired gun, then I suggest a (used) ruger 10/22. while a surplus rifle is cheap, ammo is expensive and 22 lr is cheap to KEEP shooting

I don't know anything about buying historic firearms, but you can probably get a surplus ak47 for cheap.

but yah, your goals are still a bit unclear/haphazard. ask a friend to take you out shooting and see if you enjoy shooting anything has (offer to pay for your AND his ammo/fees. insist on paying for your ammo/fees)
>>
>>28430584
>I don't know anything about buying historic firearms, but you can probably get a surplus ak47 for cheap.

Yeah, we can tell.
>>
>>28429999
His stance is too wide for clay/game shooting. Here in the UK a narrower stance is preferred with a forward lean to enable you to pivot if the bird/clay goes over/past you
>>
1. Acquire AR15
2. Acquire gear, magazines, ammo
3. Acquire professional "Carbine 1" and "Tactical Carbine" training.

Now you are set!
>>
>>28430534
> this
>>
>>28430624
good contribution
>>
>>28430861
If you're the OP, you've gotten some decent information for starts. My personal recommendation is get an AR.

If you're the guy who was talking about "surplus AK47's" for cheap, then let me clarify that the market for AK's in the US is abysmal. Domestic AK's are mostly shit or are poorly put together parts kits unless you go to an AK smith who has a history of making quality AK's. Foreign imported AK's are fucking expensive and a lot of it has to do with import laws. That's the quick and dirty on AK's in the US. Stick to an AR unless you REALLY REALLY want an AK, and then my advice is go to /akg/, lurk, and then ask questions. It might also pay to sign up to AKfiles.
>>
>>28431037
Is it that bad in the states? Here in /k/anada, AK copies are usually pretty solid, quality wise. A bit expensive, but not terrible. I also hear any russian or chink surplus is fucky there. Whats up with yhat when yalls have a MUCH larger gun market than us. Genuinely curious
>>
>>28430701
>Gear
Go way gearfag
>>
>>28431376
Imported AK's are good, that is, they're good if they haven't been imported as parts kits and then reassembled by monkeys who are required by law to reassemble the gun with a number of US made parts (thanks 922r). Also consider that Norinco is banned from importing anything into the country except for shotguns and Saiga cannot import rifles by executive order, but we can still import Veprs lol. DDI makes a decent american AK or so I hear, but the bulgarian AK's from Arsenal are (arguably) the gold standard and they're AK's that cost at least 1000USD
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.