[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Frame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: eaa witness.jpg (600KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
eaa witness.jpg
600KB, 900x675px
Best metal gun?
I'm wanting a metal frame handgun as a "legacy" weapon for my family and have managed to cross off the more popular ones based on reading the following:

browning hi-power
>crap trigger, mag safety, hammer bite

CZ
>Just don't want a Czech gun as an heirloom piece, please forgive.

>By all rights should be a single stack .45, don't want a .45 because expensive to shoot and lower capacity.

Beretta 92
>Slide mounted safety (yuk), fixed barrel (allows ammo weight to effect POI elevation more)

S&W 6906
>Slide mounted safety again

Sig p226
>I'm left handed, fuck sig.

10mm
>Contrary to the meme, I don't like 10mm, ammo too hard to come across, too expensive.

Coonan
>Very loud and big and expensive, msrp starts like $1400, yikes!

So that leaves: Jericho, Kahr t9, EAA Witness.. nothing that excites.

Maybe I should just get a p30 with a threaded barrel and work on getting a silencer?
>>
>>28429807
This works better as an inner monologue and not a thread OP.
>>
>>28429829
Yeah, sorry.
Just shopping around and out of ideas.

>Want a metal frame gun.
>Don't like metal frame guns.
>>
>>28429835
Fair enough just had to fuck with you a little bit for that /k/omrade.
>>
>>28429807
>doesn't want a CZ "Czech gun"
>2/3 of remaining list are CZ clones
>>
>>28429807
IMO, for a legacy handgun, there's only 3 choices. an old revolver, a 1911, or a Hi-Power.
>>
>>28429807
If you think .45acp is expensive to shoot, you probably can't afford any of the options you listed.

If you shoot enough that ammo is a more significant cost than the gun itself, you should be reloading. Dillon 650 press with the case feeder will make quick work of a few hundred rounds
>>
>>28429882
I started reloading .44mag but had a couple primers fail to ignite. That bothers me, even more in a revolver. The failure rate has been maybe 2% or less, that's too many.
Not sure if all reloading is like that or I just got old primers from the LGS, not sure.
>>
>>28429807
>"legacy" weapon
Buy a revolver. Engrave it with a family symbol.
>>
>>28429807
Lefthanded shooter here
Sphinx 2000 or 3000 is a Solid choice if you can find one.
>love mine
>>
>>28430285
>Engrave it with a family symbol
>tfw no family symbol
>>
>>28430305
>sphinx
>$1075 MSRP
http://www.kriss-usa.com/shop/products/sphinx/firearms/sphinx-sdp-standard-alpha-408
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHse1GY7x0Y

Interesting, the grip being polymer is weird.
>>
>>28429807
>>28429959
>complaining about hi-power
>complaining about things easily modified
>"Just don't want a Czech gun"
>.45 is expensive
>ammo is expensive
>southpaw, complains about sig
You're retarded. Everything you have said proves it.

Try having an open mind. Lurk for a few more months, and get some real-world experience. Then perhaps you should come around to this question again.

I don't want a shitty grandpa like you to hand down your spergy, uninformed, and illogical taste in firearms.
>>
>>28430749
Holy fuck. Once again, your retardation knows no limits. The SDP isn't a real Sphinx. Tupperware guns aren't heirloom quality, with one or two exceptions. We're 200 years early for that one.

Had some hope for this thread when I saw the Tangfolio Hunter, but I was led astray.
>>
File: saker_falcon_linda_wright.jpg (198KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
saker_falcon_linda_wright.jpg
198KB, 1000x1000px
>>28430902
>I don't want
Oh boo-hoo.
You're just a hi-power fanboy faggot. You join their little cult did you? Your isolated faggot ass want to be part of a group identity so bad that you threw in 100% to the hi-power sperglords? Can't admit that the trigger is shit, the pointy slide is ugly and the gun generally sucks?
QQ, cry me a river princess.
>>
>>28429807
Just get a hi point and kill yourself
>>
>>28430983
Hard to be a fanboy when I don't own one.

The things he's complaining about are basic-bitch "I have never fired this firearm in real life so I instead believe what I read online" bullshit. Hammer bite is an individual matter, I have never once in my time had it become a problem with any firearm. There are other types of hammers for the Hi-Power as well, if that's your gig. Magazine safeties are easy as fuck to disable on most designs, this one included. 20min in the garage at most (mind-blown! didn't consider home gunsmithing, did you?). If you are an incapable pansy victim like OP you can have it sent off to a professional, or just complain and make blog posts on /k/. I've never had a problem with Hi-Power triggers, either. If you do have a problem, guess what. You can fucking modify that too.

OP is far too new to this hobby to be picking out a heirloom.
>>
>>28429807
I understand price may be a concern but consider the fact that you intend this as a family heirloom.

This pistol will be your legacy, the item by which your name will be remembered for generations to come. Dont leave a legacy of being cheap, save for a little while longer and get a piece you and your kin can carry with pride
>>
>>28429807
Once you climb above basement level Tanfoglio, you have some seriously good bang for the buck, but nothing I'd consider a legacy with the exception of the Hunter 10mm so you can play Robocop at Halloween
>>
I'm left handed too. I love my P226, mainly cuz it feels great in my hands and there's nothing on the right side of the gun that my thumbs can fuck with while shooting.

The controls are fine for lefties: you can use the decocker with your trigger finger and the slide stop is in the same place as Glocks.

Check one out
>>
>>28431206
Lefty here too and I support this post. Most guns are fine for lefties. Except ruger. Ruger hates lefties in their semi auto pistols
>>
>>28429807

>hi power
>crap trigger
>mag safety
>hammer bite (lol no)

third one isn't true unless you've got big hangs. First two are easily fixable for under 100 dollars
>>
>>28431206
This. I have absolutely no issues working a P225 or a P230 as a lefty. OP needs to get out and try some more firearms. 50 rounds isn't enough to even begin to form an opinion, much less reading reviews online.

Left-handed shooters have it worse, because they need to determine how they use the controls. That takes time with unfamiliar designs. Sometimes a firearm being broken in or not is the difference. I can work the safety on broken-in CZs with my trigger finger, but on new ones it's too tight. Consider things like that. Depending on how you want to use the firearm, it may not matter.
>>
>>28429807

"I need help making a theoretical purchase.

I'm a fucking idiot, so here are a few reasons I don't want the best options:

Please find a bunch of B list shit options for me to choose from
>>
>>28431101
>The things he's complaining about are basic-bitch "I have never fired this firearm in real life so I instead believe what I read online"
As stated in the OP. It isn't realistic for most of us to shoot every option of gun.
>Hammer bite is an individual matter, I have never once in my time had it become a problem with any firearm
You must have little bitch hands. You're probably short too, good for you. I have had hammer bite from guns I've owned.
>You can alter and change the design of the gun to make it suck less.
Well no shit, it still sucks though, fanboy.

>>28431273
>third one isn't true unless you've got big hangs.
I have big hangs.

>>28431671
>Please find a bunch of B list shit options for me to choose from
Now you are getting it.
>>
>>28429807
>Just don't want a Czech gun
>Posts an Italian copy of the Czech gun he doesn't want

Maybe you should buy a Lurkmoar, now in faggot caliber.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.