[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a dream. A far cry -type open world game, but in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: stalker_wintercamp.jpg (254KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
stalker_wintercamp.jpg
254KB, 728x409px
I have a dream.

A far cry -type open world game, but in the Zone. Think ARMA, except in the zone.
STALKER - The Zone of Alienation

The whole zone is modeled and free to roam; dozens of miles in diameter. Forests, bogs, towns, cities, wastelands, scorched patches of earth... You CAN use vehicles like motorcycles or quadbikes, but the trick is that just walking/driving in is going to get you killed. High radiation zones are still there, invisible anomalies that prevent you from traveling to certain areas, brain scorchers, some areas are infested with mutant hordes etc.
You need to find a safe route, and that takes time and patience. Some of the areas are very difficult to get into, but risks carry great rewards. You need to go stalkering.

The game starts outside the zone, and the first hurdle is to get inside. Barbed wire, military patrols. It would feature courier/smuggler runs in and out of the zone. Artifacts go out, supplies go in. And military is always keeping a close watch. Some guards/officers can be bribed to look the other way, some expect a cut from the profits. Sometimes things don't go as planned.

More anomalies! Like a large anti-electrical field that stops all electronic devices from working. You need to light your way using chemical light like lanterns, torches, glowsticks etc. and to navigate without gps, using landmarks as guides. No communications such as radios work inside.

Water element! Swimming and scuba-diving! Sunken bunkers to be looted. And what about that cargo ship that sunk in the lake? Just watch out for Leeches that are as big as dogs. Not to mention the Pseudo-Pike.

Of course you need to eat and sleep. you wouldn't want to stay out at night anyways... it gets dark. Real dark. And things start to go bump in the night. Sometimes you just don't have a choice.
Weather and climate! Like snow? You hate it now - it shows your tracks.
>>
>>23453051
Why would there be a cargo ship in a lake, anon
>>
File: SHOC_Military_stalker.png (1MB, 734x1127px) Image search: [Google]
SHOC_Military_stalker.png
1MB, 734x1127px
Careers! Long quest trees with different outcomes.
Join the bandits and become a kingpin. Take control of the artifact business. Join the scientists and become a licenced research assistant. Go pro and sell yourself to military. Great gear and supplies, but need to follow orders.

It is a nice dream.
>>
>>23453077
Sounds great except for the monsters

That's one thing that's kept me from buying stalker because it's a good concept but they just had to throw MUH monstah in there
>>
>>23453051
I have a dream.

A time when these threads get posted in /v/. Think this thread, except in /v/.
Faggot OPs - posting threads on the wrong board
>>
Because that is an easy way to transport goods.
I didn't say it needs to be container carrier. A small general goods ship that travels at rivers of slavland.

(actually, rivers have been used in ukraine/russia to transport large quantities of goods throughout history. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_route_from_the_Varangians_to_the_Greeks )
>>
File: 14105898021050.png (316KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
14105898021050.png
316KB, 480x360px
>>23453051

>I have a dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxvo39p5hJc
>>
File: stalk13.jpg (191KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
stalk13.jpg
191KB, 1280x960px
Did I mention, that just like in a good stalker game, the anomalies change places.
Safe routes become impassable, areas that have been unaccessable open up, that house where you rested a few days ago? A death-trap today.
Some of these changes are regular and predictable. Others seem to follow some weird rules. Experience is your friend, rookies are the ones that die most often. knowledge about the area where you are going means everything.

And then comes a blowout and shuffles the whole deck.
>>
>>23453070
Because it sank.
>>
Bump out ou here, stalker!
>>
>>23453070
Because it sank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Edmund_Fitzgerald
>>
File: image.jpg (262KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262KB, 1024x768px
>>23453051
Fund it! NAO!
>>
>>23457351
Wow I never realized how fucking huge the great lakes are.
>>
>>23453091
SoC, babby's first encounter with Bloodsuckers and a Controller in Agroprom Underground.

Never been so fucking scared in my life. Running low on 5.45 ammo and you've only got 9x18 is the worst.
>>
>>23457490

lake is wrong. they are inland oceans. soem scary shit in those waters, lots of sunken ships.
>>
the only thing stalker lacks as it is is an extensible open world and mod tools.
really just fallout with decent graphics, game play and most importantly good gun play which is something FO has severely lacked.
everyone seems to have forgotten that travel time and large worlds is where most of the bizarre and interesting things seem to happen, this is something the more recent elder scrolls have tried hard to force with hamfisted scripted random encounters. a-life was a much cooler concept and awesome in practice once modders took the training wheels off of it.
>>
>>23457550
This, I live on Lake Michigan. Shit load of shipwrecks in them waters.
>>
File: ITSAILSFORYOUDAVID.jpg (32KB, 473x301px) Image search: [Google]
ITSAILSFORYOUDAVID.jpg
32KB, 473x301px
>>23457704

indeed, google sonar shipwrecks to give yourself the willies.

googles says this is in lake michigan.
>>
>>23457490

People underestimate lakes and rivers, in the rainy season the Amazon can reach 25 miles wide.
>>
>>23453108
Dat Joe Satriani
>>
>>23453051
I was thinking the same thing when I was playing Breaking Point the other day. It would be awesome to have a multiplayer STALKER experience.
>>
File: 1410442956416.gif (2MB, 350x276px) Image search: [Google]
1410442956416.gif
2MB, 350x276px
>>23458569
There's a STALKER MMO. It's shit, and all in snowrunes.
>>
Me too OP:
I want to see physical representation of items on an avatar with placement of items in bags, pockets, holsters etc affecting agility, movement sounds, and draw time.

This means you can't carry everythiong at once which leads to...

I want to see "camouflage" used as a skill to stash gear anywhere. Level determines noticeably, both in in-game sprite terms and "search checks".

AI companions that you can train in custom tactics so you can call out and your crew is trained to react a certain way, take a specific formation etc.

Wagons and carts for extra gear/heavy things. Makes for good "caravan" like missions. A slow heavy thing you got to protect that everyone wants. Good times.

And most importantly in a survival game I want to emphasize how important BOOTS are. Every time you take someone out check if they got better boots than you. Foot wear effects stamina, speed, agility, mood etc.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.