[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Gun Store Owners
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 620x349) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 620x349
Why are gun store owners invariably assholes, fudds, bubbas, or idiots ?

They make it uncomfortable as fuck or anyone who isn't one of their friends
>>
>>21242058
Maybe you're just an insufferable asshole, what with being the only thing in common with all those people who dislike you.
>>
I have encountered some stump fuckers at gun shops in my day, but I must say that most of the ones in my area are pretty cool. A few weeks ago an older guy who owns a pawn/gun shop I was in showed me his full auto Thompson and let me play with it a bit. Never really talked to him before that, but it was cool.
>>
>>21242058
It's not just gun store owners. Most gun owners are the same way. Shooting is just a hobby, but everyone pretends they're hard as fuck because they do it. It's this prison mentality which drives a lot of potential shooters away.
>>
do you have the assburgers?
>>
>>21242067
Nope

I'm a quiet and calm guy
>>
File: 1392134063559.png (35 KB, 680x516) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392134063559.png
35 KB, 680x516
>>21242072
This.

This hobby attracts alot of know-it-alls and toughguys on either side of the counter.
>>
>>21242105
That's why more people don't like guns

It's the attitude a large number of gun owners have

They aren't laid back at all and take themselves too seriously. I can't get along with a lot of other gun owners
>>
OP I work at a paintball field in a liberal state. Let me just tell you that arrogance is VERY easy to pick up but pretty hard to put down. I've got people who think they know everything, people who never play but tell everyone theyre professional; and people who are just plain douchebags. Someone who has to deal with all these people multiple times a day is bound to become enraged at the very thing they love the most.
>>21242072
It's kind of this.
>>
>>21242105

>didn't pass 3rd grade English
>giving your opinion on the internet
>>
>>21242058
Anti social faggot detected.
>>
Because working in a gun shop forces you to deal with top tier wannabe faggots wearing tac pants and novinco hats all day that come in and say " what do you recommend for home defense I've never shot gun b4". You say a shotgun is the best and cheapest for beginner. And then they say yea but I want a top tier hk desert 45 shotguns r too messy
>>
One shop owner in my county always says "patriots like us" in reference to gun owners in conversation about guns and gun laws

He also has a sign that says the store isn't welcome to anyone who doesn't vote republican
>>
I've never been to a gun shop where the proprietors were assholes, or even abrasive, but I've only ever been to a half dozen or so in the past twenty or so years. My personality has changed drastically over this time, but they seem consistent.

Sometimes /k/ weirds me out, but then I remember that not everyone lives in a crimepocalypse.
>>
The guys that consider themselves leaders of some sort are the most annoying though
>>
>>21242125
This
>>21242134
This

Buch of tire kickers, know it alls, unsafe muzzle sweepers, psychotics , 2nd amendment preachers, whiners, my dad's shotgun is priceless why won't you pay me more for it, and straight up assholes.
>>
>>21242163
When I go into a gun store, I don't pretend to know anything at all. It has the benefit of coming off as a normal person with a few questions, as well as letting you know fairly quickly if they're going to try and price-rape you (most stores don't).
>>
I hate the assholes that fantasize about being in some imaginary militia against the government everyday

Annoying as fuck

Or the people that try to bring other politics into gun stores. Go talk about how much you don't like gay guys somewhere else
>>
>>21242182
First time I went to a gun store I brought in my service grade garand from WW2 and they told me it was fake so they'd offer me 500 dollars for it
>>
Local gunstore just a couple miles down the road is pretty average or nice. I think their sales are overpriced just a tad, but I could deal with that. What's annoying is that what seems to be the manager or owner is an old guy that completely ignores you or gives you this hate-stare like you did something bad. Always takes some young guy to come over.
>>
>>21242163
>tire kickers
>he doesn't kick the tires before he buys a car

Seriously though, the hell is the gun equivalent of kicking a tire.
>>
>>21242191
I once while working in a gun store trolled hard this old guy wearing a socialism is the worst shirt about how Obama wasn't such a bad dude and govt worked great he was just in the store screaming and everyone laughed at him and he ran out in rage yelling about immigrants destroying our culture lold hard. Top kek
>>
Because they were usually hired by a friend or family member, or because they hung out in the store all the time and just spewed nonsense about guns.

They weren't hired based on any customer service or sales experience.
>>
>>21242225
Yeah those people are fucking retards

I hate obama too but not for dumb or made up reasons like that (hurr Marxist, immigrants, gays!)
>>
>>21242058
I found the perfect mom and pop gunshop, they had pretty much everything from a fudds wet dream, to Chris Costa's wet dream and everything in between, they didn't talk about politics or anything and just talked about guns... To bad they shut down 3 months after I found them...
>>
>>21242058
Because that's just how it is
>>
>>21242232
>(hurr Marxist, immigrants, gays!)
But those aren't dumb or made up things to hate him for
>>
>>21242058
One I go to is aight, they got some fatass retard working there, but a non-fat guy who tries to keep him in line. The nice dude working there told the fatass to clear a gun before handing it to the customer and he said "y'know it's not even loaded!"
>>
Tried to get my liberal friend into guns and she was open to it until the store owner/manager went into a monologue about how he would kill anyone who supported gun control
>>
I once was in a gun store with my dad and they had a used mosin for $200 it was unlock ready to pick up freely and finger fuck so I did and was to it was empty and their was no need to pull the bolt
>>
>>21242231
>They weren't hired based on any customer service or sales experience.

Or, from what I've seen, even experience with guns.

One of my local stores it staffed with nthing but hot chicks who've never touched a gun before working there, and knowitall douchebag friends of the owner who don't actually know anything beyond that Glock 22 they carried on duty an what they've read in gun mags. I genuinely feel bad for anyone who goes there asking for advice because they'll either get someone who doesn't know anything, or get someone who doesn't know anything but thinks they're an infallible expert.
>>
>>21242262
>used mosin
>their was no need

You are retarded.
>>
>>21242262
Are you 12?
>>
>>21242262
>used mosin
>200 dollars

Sad days we live in
>>
>>21242269
Experience with a product is secondary to the ability to sell it.
>>
>>21242221
Fingerfucking a gun.

Imaging having to pull five pistols out of a secured case to hand them to someone you don't know, who may do a sweep of the room, then not buy a thing and walk away.

I don't blame most gun shop employees for having thick skins and I try to be somewhat respectful of their time when I window shop.
>>
>>21242290
I never go into a gunshop unless I have the money to buy something.
>>
>>21242284
Which is a pretty shitty way to hire since they specialize in defensive weapons; they're pretty much all they sell. I can't even imagine how many people have gone there and been jewed into buying guns they'll hate or that don't work for them because the employee they talked to was a good salesman but had no idea what he was selling.
>>
File: 1345601719408.jpg (132 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1345601719408.jpg
132 KB, 640x480
>move to new town
>there is a fun store nearby that i have heard has a massive selection
>well lets just see about that
>holy fuck guns everywhere
>3 racks of pure shit out in the main isle that are held to a wooden rack with a chain and they look like they have been there for 10 years (found out later most of them have...)
>good shit is where it belongs, behind counter and in cases
>a few workers all busy
>top tier know it all assbag muzzle sweeping the entire store with a B.A.R.
>he finger fucks it and other high end ($2,000+) funs
>store owner putting up with his shit because guy sounds serious about droping a min of 4 grand.
>ends up buying 2 boxs of 9mm for the high point he bought at another store and it broke his bank
>store is busy so i just look around while i wait my turn.
>COD kiddies, fingers on trigers, muzzle sweeping everywhere, know it all assholes who try argue with the owner about pointless stupid shit
>"BUT DIS GUN DUN BEN IN MUH FAMILY SO ITS WORTH AT LEAST $800!!!"
>sorry sir its a beat to shit mosin. i would be lukcy to get $100 for it in the condition its in... i can give you $25 cash or $40 in store credit
>"WELL FUG U IM JUZ GONNA KEEP IT IF U DUN AINT BEN GUNNA GIB ME A FUR PRICE!"
>my lord i feel sorry for this man.

being a sane person who admits when he dosent know something about a gun, keeps his finger off the trigger and dose not muzzle sweep has gotten me some good deals there.
>>
>>21242300
Your tears are hilarious. Sales of a thing, even a dangerous thing, pay no consideration to your feelings, young man.

You're like a liberal. GUNS R ESPESHULLY SPECIALLY DANGE'RUS!!!!
>>
>>21242297

i will go in when i am looking to buy but want to finger fuck a few before i buy. but i tell the guy before hand that im not looking to buy NOW but want to compare.

i also wait till there is no one else for him to wait on, and i have whatever funs i want to handle picked out.
>>
>>21242317
Are you some kind of retard?

>You're like a liberal. GUNS R ESPESHULLY SPECIALLY DANGE'RUS!!!!

No.
>>
Never had that issue.

Of the six gun stores in my immediate area, three of them have employees who pull that shit from time to time, but the owners are all cool people. The only people I ever see have problems with them are the people who go in acting like smug assholes and end up baiting a less than professional response. You strike me as one of those people OP
>>
>>21242321
Go to a rental range, shoot some guns, find one you like to shoot, then buy the fucking thing, either there or somewhere else. What exactly does fingerfucking a gun tell you, other then "well shucks, it sure fits in the hand nice!"

Yeah, that's what gun manufacturers do. Make things that fit in your hand nicely...
>>
>>21242329
There's absolutely nothing wrong with knowing about the product you're selling, but there's no need to be an expert. Your job is to sell shit.
>>
My LGS is run by lazy fucking assholes, I ordered a pistol last month and it sat at their store for two days before I came to pick it up and they were pissed that I did not wait for them to call me.
>>
Try New York gun dealers. They are always getting attacked, Anybody could be a spy sent to destroy them and new people walking into their store 99% of the time is somebody who doesn't fucking know anything.

Yeah, they have it rough here but somehow always take it out on the customer. I have put down and walked out on many MANY good deals just because I didn't want to give the pile of shit behind the counter my business.


fuck cuomo.
>>
>>21242346
So you think knowing absolutely nothing about the product and not being able to match the customer's needs to something that fits them is unimportant when it comes to defensive weapons? These are things people buy to protect themselves. Sure, being a good salesman is ideal, but I think it's secondary in this industry. If someone comes in wanting a first gun to CC and use for home defense, and they have no experience and want something simple, don't talk them out of the $500 Glock or M&P and get them to buy the $1500 Kimber 1911. Yeah you did great sales-wise, but may have just seriously fucked that person over.

I worked in a gun store for a little while and our staff were all knowledgeable and experienced. The idea was to sell people weapons that worked for them so they'd be satisfied and be return customers. When it comes to selling defensive weapons, if you sweet talk someone into buying something that doesn't fit their needs just to make a few extra bucks in that one transaction, they might never come back. They might realize you advised them to buy something retarded, or at the worst they might be injured/killed because the gun you sold them isn't right for them. On the flip side if you just sell people what best fits their needs they'll keep coming back.

In the short time I worked there I sold the same gun to a woman twice, because a couple weeks after she bought it she had to use it. She came right back in, found me, and bought another one to have while hers was held by the police as evidence. She was a small old lady and I sold her a Beretta 3032 because she could operate it easily. If I sold her something else she couldn't manipulate she probably would have been screwed.
>>
>>21242336
Not all gunshops will let you fire before you buy. Not all guns are equal. I've heard a couple of guys come in say "I'll never buy a gun that was made on a Friday or Monday "
Checking the final fit and finish on a gun is important before buying it.
>>
>>21242427
That friday, monday thing goes for everything that is manufactured. Old people believe that factory workers dont give a shit on those days. Its all bullshit.
>>
>>21242058
Because they don’t make any money and face bankruptcy from overheads.
>>
>>21242420
I've heard this before

detroitnigger, right?

>the only place you regularly get people rebuying guns becuase they had to use theirs
>>
There's a shop in my town where the owner is such an insufferable ass. Hes what happened that last time i fucked up and walked into there.

>Looking for a new nugget since mine is a pos that won't take stripper clips
>he has a whole rack of them
>it's all ones in even worse shape than mine
>$199
>he has a bunch of guns hanging high on the wall
>They all have price tags so i would assume they are for sale
>see a great looking hex reveiver high on the wall
>$119
>wat
>Ask him if he can get it down so i can check it out
> he says "if i climb my ass all the way up there your better buy the damn thing"
>i say "I'm not going to commit to shit unless i can see that it's in good shape"
>he says "I wouldn’t have one on these shelves unless it was top notch"
>i say "If it's in good shape and has a good bore i will buy it"
>he starts climbing up there
>as he is pulling it down he sees the price tag
>says "this one is not for sale
> is say "do you generally put price tags on everything you don't want to sell?
> He just replied with a series of grumbles and referred me to the rack of shitsters.
>>
>>21242134
>implying shotguns are good for home defense

My LGS is staffed by a much of old guys who are usually ok. They have to deal with basketball-Americans who want to buy gold Deagles and Glock bullits all day, so I couldn't really blame them for being grumpy sometimes.
>>
>>21242454
>Old people believe that factory workers dont give a shit on those days. Its all bullshit.

As someone who's worked in a factory, I can personally tell you that factory workers don't give a shit on any day.
>>
>>21242548
he probably had forgotten he had it and didn't retouched the price after sandy shit or something
I bet that if you go again now the price for it will be $250
>>
>Working in a gun store is hard.
>I have to deal with stupid customers.
>I have to deal with inventory.

Oh, you mean like every retail job on the planet? I never understand why (some) gun store employees feel like they get a free pass to be assholes.

You think waitresses don't put up with shit customers all day? Somehow they manage to be nice.

There are three gun stores in my town, two of which have shitty customer service, and third which has employees that know what they are talking about and will do everything to help you the customer. Guess which store I go to?
>>
Because they know you want guns and that you have no choice but to use them
>>
>>21242058
Well, part of the problem that I see is that outside of /k/ or someplace like arfcom there isn't a single set of standards for how to talk about guns.

You get military guys calling everything weapons systems and by their proper military designations, then you get people who refer to everything by its exact model number, and then you get retards. Sadly, gun store owners tend to be somewhere murky in between our level of know it all autism, and retarded, and they are used to dealing with the retarded, so they will intentionally interpret what you say as being retarded.

For example, I called up the range I shoot at to ask if I'm allowed to shoot 5.56 m193, and the guy was like, well, you probably can't because we don't allow military surplus since it has a steel perpetrator, and I"m like, nah man I mean new manufacture m193, you're thinking of surplus m855.

He was cool about it, and I was cool about it, but that's the kind of thing that leads to tension between owners and customers of various levels of knowledge.

Political issues can be an issue too, you get fudds who want to rip on tacticool folks in public, and you get the kind of dealers that show up at gunshows who are doomsday preppers tier, and then the best kind of gun store owner, the pro who has no illusions about being anything other than a gun store owner, is still kind of a jerk because he is condescending to people who like shitty milsurp, and people who actually believe in the militia movement.
>>
>>21242221
Well, I tested the trigger break on a SR22, then I realized, OH SHIT, I just dryfired a .22.

The store guy didn't even say anything or seem to notice, but I felt terrible.

But now I don't because I ended up buying it.
>>
>>21242482
Correct but add in the stress of poors constantly playing with the merchandise but rarely buying anything.
>>
>>21242454

i am a factory worker... i dont give a shit on all days.
>>
>>21242727
Yeah, that's why the gunstore I go to zip ties the more expensive guns like Sphinxes closed.
>>
Yeaaaaa I went to my local range yesterday and the RO was muzzle sweeping me in the showroom while showing another patron how to use a pistol. Needless to say I grabbed my shit and left.
>>
>>21242072
I dunno, I meet the nicest people at ranges, and the biggest dicks behind the counter at gun stores
>>
>>21242548
isnt that illegal? dont they have to give you that price if it is marked?
>>
>>21242058
>Reply
Because they sell a tool that is designed to kill people. Yea, yea, yea...I hear your screaming "Muh hunting! Muh target shooting! Muh 3 gun and IDPA" that's nice son but the truth is guns had been designed to kill people. That being said, firearms attract a lot of borderline sociopaths other "undesirable elements". So after a while of working in a gun store you build up a pretty high bullshit detector and just get tired of dealing with people.

Now some people behind the counter ARE ALSO borderline unstable sociopath/idiots also.

This phenomenon isn't regulated to just guns, you can find it in industries that "raise trucks" or sell "high performance" truck accessories, car audio system, pit bull fights, tattoo parlors or any other "daddy didn't love me" industries
>>
>>21242548
Rule 1: Even if they're a douche, don't be a douche back if you plan to buy.
>>
>>21242058
I'm pretty lucky, my LGS is staffed by people who know their shit nd they're pretty laid back. Only issue is they tend to have short attention spans. A few times I could have waltzed right out of the store with whatever I was checking out, the clerk got distracted by a phonecall, another customer, another worker, etc... Selection is pretty thin, but prices are decent. Excellent lay-away program. Got my Mini-14 NIB for $650, and they installed an A2 flash hider for $40. They're willing to do whatever they can, within the law and financial reason to get a gun in your hands.
>>
>assholes
They have to deal with customers. Really dumb customers. Anyone working retail can be like this.
>fudds
Fudds can still own, and enjoy guns. Even if it's just fudd guns.
>bubbas
Just because they sell guns, doesn't mean they can properly modify them.
>idiots
Business men who thought they could make a quick buck. Again, this is a retail issue.
>>
My experience has been mixed. There are several LGSes in the area and 90% of the people behind the counter (owners/employees) have been bro-tier. They are sometimes the kind of good-ole-boy, shit-talking, back-slapping kind which I can recognize as being different from genuine asshollery.

The people who are assholes usually have the courtesy to either keep it tongue-in-cheek or not say anything directly to the customer. Even the bigger stores like Big 5 and a large dealer that handles sales for LE and security agencies has some nice people up front.
Maybe I have a thicker skin or a different idea of what "rude" is. I dunno. Most people seemed reasonable enough.

Now, when you're NOT around expect them to talk lots of shit behind your back. If they really don't like you, they're liable to fuck up your forms or temper with your gun while it's on the 10-day wait. They can be sketchy about honoring warranties too.
>>
It was kinda amusing when the store I go to used to have an employee who's only experience was airsoft
>Tfw Canada, he sold a customer an AR by telling him it was non-restricted
>>
>>21242058
>Saigas go for thousands, that's why this wasr 10 is selling for $900. It's as cheap as I can go, you won't find it cheaper anywhere else I guarantee it.
>>
>>21242262
>used mosin for $200
>used

Well no fucking shit?
Are you 12?
>>
File: dosh.jpg (163 KB, 900x636) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dosh.jpg
163 KB, 900x636
OK /k/.
Suppose I were to get together the money/loans to open a gun store.
How do I make it the best gunstore ever, and still make profit?

>hardmode: California
>>
>>21242898
>Tfw Canada, he sold a customer an AR by telling him it was non-restricted

How does that even happen? Was this before or after the non-res registry was shut down? Did the customer have an RPAL?

>have to call RCMP with customer and gun info to register it to them
>also serves as an ATT application
>restricted registration usually has a one hour to one week delay

I don't understand how the employee could get through that phone call and send the gun on his way without realizing? Unless this was after the non-res registry closed, and he just looked at the guy's PAL and sold it to him since you don't need to call and register non-res.
>>
>>21242948
Registry was gone by that point, so the dude just paid and left.
>>
>>21242943
>Drop all knowledge of firearms
>Open up gunstore with fudd guns and big name ARs only
>Get a show on the History Channel
>Make sure you say as much bullshit as possible
>Raking in millions
>>
>>21242956
And yeah he didn't even have an RPAL, the employee was reeeee-tarded
>>
File: bippity boppity.gif (1022 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bippity boppity.gif
1022 KB, 500x281
>>21242963
I said best gunstore, not best advertised gunstore.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 424x280) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 424x280
>>21242144

>store not welcome to people who didn't vote republican

That's the worst. I try to stay away from the "come and take it, molon labe, cold dead hands, Obama gonna take your guns, democrats not welcome, vote from the rooftops, guns are just a tool, gun owners are patriots, etc etc" people.

>yeah I'm looking for an AR-15
>yer a prowd pachriot Obama gon take yer guns, jus wait till the salt weapons ban passes then 1776 will commence again"
>right
>>
>>21242788
This, 100%. Might just be the luck of the draw on the quality of ranges and gun stores around, but I've met great folks every trip to the local range, and absolute insufferable dicks behind the counters of the local funstores.
>>
>>21242058
My experience/opinion
>most don't seem to like young gun owners
They tend to be the tacticool type and I've seen some horrendous unsafe practices or just want to fingerfuck everything
>most aren't very profitable
>many are under threat of them taking away their biggest money earners
>gun owners are very opinionated about things
think glockfags exist only on the internet?
>gun owners in general tend to act fairly macho
.uts people aff

>>21242144
in all fairness, his business hinges on republicans keeping democrats at bay. would you serve someone who supports your competition/enemy?
>inb4 libertarians
>>
Because the people who work those counters have to deal with the absolute worst kind of people, the batshit retarded gun owners out there, you know the type.

Everything from gangbangers to clueless women to cawadooty kids, every single day. Until you manage to prove you're not a colossal fucking retard like everyone else they see, they're probably going to treat you like one of them. Carry yourself courteously and speak with an informed mind and you will not have an issue with this pretty much ever.
>>
>>21243030
>come and take it, cold dead hands, Obama gonna take your guns, democrats not welcome, vote from the rooftops, gun owners are patriots, etc etc" people.
Agreed. Goddamned idiots.

> molon labe
tfw Greek, but I do hate when tryhard edgyfags misuse it

>guns are just a tool
But that's true.
>>
>>21243065
This is the golden rule, try putting yourself in their shoes.
>>
>usually look like I just woke up when I go shooting
>Zubaz, Timberlands and a band tee
>No fucks given, plus it's comfy
>Gunstore/RO gives me the death glare
>Probably thinks i'm going to be dual wielding high-points or something
>Actually have 2 SG WRA Garands I purchased back in 2009 from the CMP
>He says I can't shoot at this range because my regular HXP 30-06 is armor piercing
>Wat
>spend $30 admission fee on gas instead and go shooting at my property up North

I'm pretty sure unless you are 30+ and come in wearing Duluth Trading Co. or Wrangler dad pants, they will inevitably treat you like a child.
>>
>>21242346
dickheads like you are the reason I need to describe what a radiaotor pressure tester does and why it exists to the fucking morons at Auto Zone.

know your shit before getting a job in it.
>>
A mixture of having to deal with these faggots walking into your place every day and them still acting like there is no such thing as buying guns on the internet so you're stuck dealing with the only gunstore in town fucko.

Those guys still get a lot of business from fudds.
>>
>>21242058

Not necessarily the case. I go to a smaller gunshop that's basically a one-man show. Dude's a bro. Let's you fingerfuck shit, isn't a know-it-all asshole, and best of all, doesn't gouge. Reasonable prices on everything.

pic related. $499

IMO they mostly take on the personality of their customers
>>
>>21243080
I always thought MOLON LABE is a bad slogan for Anti-Funsmen.
>COME TAKE THEM
>The Persians did.
>>
>>21243030
What's worse, is that I actually agree with most of that shit. (Molon Labe, the government in general should not have control of guns, Eric Holder is corrupt as fuck, etc.)

But the people always loudly spouting that shit in public tend to also believe in stupid shit like the "Birth Certificate Redemption" movement, chemtrails, totally racist shit (I'm half middle eastern and my wife is black; I don't tend to think about it much in life, but its hard when somebody is spouting off a tirade. So its a bit off putting to talk with a racist douche),investing everything in gold, Iraq was faked or some other just bizarro out there shit.

So, as a rule, I agree that with gunshops, politics should just be not talked about, maybe with the narrow exception of things that specifically and materially relate to guns.
>>
>>21243065
>this
I worked retail for my highschool and college schooling. People fucking suck and are annoying as hell. It really wears on you.


Knowing a little about what you are looking at really goes a long way with them. and avoid gun owner contriver discussions. Obviously if you do something like dry fire or field strip ask them first.

Though I've seen my fair share of shop owners that didn't know jack about what they were selling

>>21243080
I get tired of those phrases. Sad that whenever I see the Gadsden flag, I know I'm going to be dealing with an opinionated old fart
>>
>>21242067
Nah this is an actual issue. An engineer friend of mine was getting into guns and had to deal with entitled unhelpful asshole gun store clerks. These people need to be fired. I have dealt with them and they don't know shit but think they do because they may have had military experience. Don't ask them which of their lowers have a low shelf because "dood they are right in the display case... gawd..."
>>
>walk into gunstore
>guy is instantly an asshole
>walk out
>repeat for every store in the county
I ended up just working with a guy running his FFL out of his annex. Don't regret it in the least.
To be fair there was one shop where the guy behind the counter was simply dubious but still, you can do better.
>>
>>21243087
If he's going to be an asshole, I guess you know where the money needs to go.
>>
>>21242420
Actually, a salesman prioritizes the profit margin, regardless of the liability of the purchase.

A kind salesmen sells the customer what they need and will serve them best.

A rich salesman sells the customer what will generate the most revenue.

I have worked many sales jobs, in a variety of locales, styles, and sold vastly different products. But the MO never changes, be a rich salesman first, and a kind salesman second.
>>
>>21243104
>$499 Hi Power

Give me this man's phone number

I saw one nearly identical yesterday at a gun show; same condition, same finish, $699

>>21243106
Yeah, but that isn't the point. The point is that you are not going to surrender. They can overrun you and eventually kill you and all your comrades, but until that point you will remain vigilant. Not one step back.

Of course that's just as bad since 99% of these "moe-lawn layb!" guys would throw down their guns and beg for mercy if anything actually happened.

My grandfather instilled the phrase into me when I was a kid. I didn't until much later that Americans have adopted their own bastardized version that pretty much means "okay, only a little surrender".
>>
>>21243128

>find out about new gunstore right nearby
>check the website
>Geocities-level web design
>myspace-level graphics, color schemes
>Tea Party, repeal Obummercare bullshit on the front page
>don't even bother driving over there to look around

I want your prices, not your politics.
>>
You know what I hate? The way every old fuck in a gun store stares you down and gets jumpy when you are inspecting a firearm just because you are young.

Not even underage, it just pisses me off that these old farts get butthurt young people share their hobby too.
>>
I have a couple of stores staffed with shitty old fudds that will eyeball anybody under 40 during the duration of a visit to the store. They will stay out of proximity and thus be hard to call over to check out pistols or get help too. Just shitty.

I felt bad that when I went to Gander Mountain (only big box hunting store in the area) and decided to check out guns on a whim, the guy behind the counter was very helpful and knowledgable. I told him straight up that I wasn't buying anything with the store's prices, but he seemed happy to just talk to somebody and let me fingerfuck about a dozen subcompact pistols while he told me the specs.
>>
<excuse me sir, can I take a look at that mosin?
>ITS A NAGANT RAFFLE
<...,yes, I see. What country is it from? It looks like an M44, is it Polish?
>IT'S RUSSIAN, ONLY THE COMMIES MADE THEM
<...yes I see. Ah, it clearly says Romanian M44 on the side. What's the price on it?
>ITS NOT FOR SALE DESPITE BEING ON THE RACK AND HAVING A TAG

Never went back there. Almost as bad as the guy who tried to tell me that every supersonic caliber will tear your organs apart from a foot away even if the bullet doesn't touch you.
>THAT'S HOW THAT SNIPER GOT THAT MILE LONG KILL WITH A FIDDY CAL, DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO HIT HIM
<Have you ever shot paper with a 50bmg? Tell me what kind of hole it makes in the target.
>IT STARTS TEARING YOU UP INSIDE BEFORE IT EVEN TOUCHES YOU BECAUSE OF THE AIR COMPRESSION, BECAUSE IT'S SUPERSONIC
<You know 9mm is supersonic too, right? And .22lr? Do those do the same thing then?
>UHHHHHH... YES! OF COURSE THEY DO! I GUESS...
That one had a nice store though.
>>
>>21243109
> Iraq was faked

What, they think the invasion never happened and it was all made up? Because it is not a matter of dispute that the US outright invented an excuse to invade Iraq and that WMD's were never there if that is what you mean by 'fake'.
>>
>>21243170
Same here. All gun stores I've been to the workers have been assholes, but when I went to Cabelas just to look at a rifle I was planning on buying online, I ended up buying it there even though I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere because the guy wasn't a dick.
>>
>>21243193
No, like, the whole war didn't happen. It was just a pys-op on the American people.

You haven't met crazy people, have you?
>>
>>21242058
A lot of those types see themselves as gatekeepers of the community, protecting their hobby and by extension their self identity.
>so then, a nagger come in
>asks me what I would recommend for home defense
>tell him the stores closing for lunch
>I go home for the day, never see him again
>pulled pork sandwiches fall to the ground,as the entire backyard BBQ audience stands clapping, reflections of red white and blue fireworks in their watery eyes.
>Jesus Saves
> our hero
>>
>>21243109
Had one in rural king this morning.

>fingerfucking the deal-of-the-week
>old lady behind me
>"Is there any .22?"
>nope, sorry, nothing in stock.
>"well, I can't believe this! Da gubment is stealin all da ammo!"

I couldn't help it, /k/, I kind of snorted, and got a really nasty look from her.

>"You don't believe me?"
>"Not really, no."
>>
>>21243147

$700 isn't that bad of a deal. That's maybe a hair more than what they're going for on GB (when you factor in shipping and FFL). The one I have is a Mk II, they made it from 82-88. Has the full-length rib along the top of the slide, rubber wrap-around grips, ambi safety, and no magazine disconnect. Trigger is heavy, but crisp. Awesome gun.

http://www.daleguns.com/

Small shop, limited collection of used (at least for handguns). Tons of used Remington and Winchester shotguns. Reasonable 9mm prices (not as good as Walmart or ordering online from Midway, but better than any other LGS). This same town also has another larger LGS with decent prices on their new stock (not so much with the ammo), and a huge pallet full of .50 cal cans for $14 each, in pretty good shape. Citadel and Rock Island 1911s starting at $399 for the basic GI models. Ruger SR 1911s in stock, not marked up. I'm definitely getting my next gun there (some kind of 1911, not sure which), and the one after (probably a Ruger GP100, unless there's an old S&W or Colt for sale).
>>
>>21242058
Because our glorious generation isn't at the age to own such shops yet. The baby boomers have yet to perish.
>>
>>21243225
Right?

Like, if the the government was buying up all the ammo the squash Revolution 2.0, why even bother with .22lr when other, actually useful ammo is plentiful on the shelves?

>Hey Jim, we got more counter-Revolution money to use.
>Want to deprive them of their advanced optics or .308?
>Naaaah, let's steal the .22lr.
>>
>>21243225
Not for .22 at least
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 10
Thread DB ID: 842



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.