[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 488
Thread images: 99

File: 1450212349766.jpg (359KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1450212349766.jpg
359KB, 2000x2000px
Let's designate an OP so we don't end up having duplicate threads, please.

Elona+ (1.54) Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/euzbxgxM
>>
First for the actual pasta:

Don't settle for the vanilla assets, people; it's really easy to mod your game! Use the ElonaUploader as well! Feel free to ask for help ITT

Game:

Wiki: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki

(Slightly outdated) pastebin: http://pastebin.com/T2RCwdh8 (embed)

Elona+ 1.54 is out:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:19997

Most recent Elona Custom Version (compatible with Versions of Elona+ up to 1.54): http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:17104

Vanilla Elona: http://homepage3.nifty.com/rfish/index_e.html

-----

Custom Assets:

ElonaUploader: http://www.elonaup.x0.com/sozai/

Anon's extra sprites:
http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/ssjonr.bmp

http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/fshbmg.bmp

Another Anon's Dark Souls music pack (working as of 2/12/2016):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xu0i5zil213iyie/AAAJGR93dpkUc-QtCEdA9g3za?dl=0

A collection of custom body parts you can use for your PC and pets. About 60MB in size (696 files) when extracted (Great to download, just extract everything to the pcc folder, will overwrite from pcc_x_1, be warned.):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfjnqpzx7ej4em2/Elona%20-%20Graphic%20Packs.zip?dl=0

Don't forget Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/tags.php?tag=elona

There are more results if you type in 'Elona Pixiv' to your search tool of choice.

Misc:

Archives of previous threads:

>>14732139 (OP)

https://4ch.be/jp/search/text/Elona/type/op/

Expect Warosu link ~@ 02/13/2016
>>
>>14754930
Has the thought ever dawned upon you as to why there is a single link in the OP? It is because all of the information in your post has been condensed into that pastebin. Everyone has been bitching non-stop about how we're "turning into /vg/" with that egregious formatting akin to the OP posts that comprises most of /jp/'s general threads as of late. Even the Monster Girl thread limits the length of their OP to a couple of links, and they're not even native of this board. Please, do everyone a favor and keep information updated on a single pastebin, even if the majority of the content found on it is outdated.
>>
Estork is a dick.

Get him down to %1~3 health and he bullrushes past my pets and destroys me
>>
Let's just have one link for new player help and one link for customization, and if anyone misses either of those links it's their fault
>>
>>14754995
So you'd rather have a thread be completely shit up by people constantly asking for links? Like every 5 minutes? There's a reason the general OP format exists in the first place.
>>
I just downloaded Elona custom. How do I set skill tracking up? It says to use the * key on the skill you want to track, but using the shift key closes the menu entirely.

I know I'm overthinking this somehow.
>>
>>14755012
that's fine by me

>>14755092
use the numpad, but if you don't have one use the on-screen keyboard
>>
Would finding a high level golem dungeon guardian and hitting it with thousands of weak attacks be a good way to grind levels?
>>
>>14755118
If you wanted to grind levels, there are much easier ways.
Anna already did a post on the most efficient way to grind stats.
>>
>>14755131
Where might I find this post? It's not on her blog.
>>
>>14755021
Not him, but most of the info there doesn't seem necessary to me since people don't ask for links to elona assets that often.

Or "where can i find elona wiki???".

Even if you wanted to include all that stuff, why's it double-spaced?

>>14755117
>use the on-screen keyboard
Remap the keys in the config? I've mine mapped to =.
>>
>>14755147
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p3S16qPZFSdZdQoVF8hjsZf7ovS6H-cpjmSaH2qZn6I/edit#gid=0
>>
>>14755160
Thank you
>>
I'm going to start playing this game, what am I in for?
>>
>>14755187
A highly polarizing, grinding experience, you even love it or hate it.
>>
>>14755187
Feel free to post progress / ask questions. Always nice to see new players' experience.
>>
>>14755338
Okay thanks :D

I installed the stable version, not sure if it's any different from the latest one.
>>
>>14755338
To be honest, I don't really know what battle style should I go and on what's the most effective to play. The selection only says general things, so I can't fathom to imagine how useful these skills and attributes really are. But nevertheless, I'll be reading the Wiki for quite a bit before actually playing, it seems interesting.
>>
>>14755434
Pure mage [and race except golem or mutant] spamming magic dart from a distance while your pets maul everything is a pretty simple an effective way to play.

My first character was one of them, worked wonders.
>>
>>14755434
Early on anything works well, although magic will be slightly harder than ranged / melee due to no access to stable source of spell stock.

Late game... anything works well still, but you'll likely be using a mixture of all combat styles depending on the situation (i.e. melee against enemies with high resists, etc).

Class doesn't matter too much since you can change it later with an in-game item (business card).
>>
>>14755352
Did you install Elona (1.16fix / 1.22)? (Rather than Elona+)

I ask because as far as I know Elona+ only has the latest version since the dropbox link stays constant and the older version gets erased every update.

If you did get Elona, I'd recommend switching to Elona+. It heavily extends the game of Elona by adding two extra acts (as well as many new items, spells, etc..) while leaving Act 1 (Elona content) largely untouched.
>>
Is there any easy way of figuring out the locations in treasure maps?
>>
This is going to be stupid, but how do I see my pet's character sheet?
>>
>>14755506
Looking at the map.
>>14755507
Pay the informer.
>>
>>14755520
And here I was reading the key mappings again and again. Thank you very much.
>>
>>14755506
Look for the world map on the wiki.

>>14755507
Insight Lens.
>>
>>14755492
Oh Okay thanks, so I'm guessing I'd have to switch to Elona+ then, I never knew there was an Elona+ version, I just checked the Wiki and it led me to the download site.
>>
>>14755527
If you posted a picture it would be much easier to assist you.
>>
Guys how do i savescum?
>>
>>14755612
Esc the game before it saves
Go to the saves file and winrar archive or copy the save file sav_name and rename it, so it's backed up and can be restored whenever, for maximum savescumming
>>
>>14755612
Press F1 to save and F2 to load. No need to exit the game.
>>
I wish Gavela would let the player specify what parts to add. Does anyone not savescum when adding parts?

I didn't savescum on my test snail, and now I have 7 torsos.
>>
>>14755531
Holy crap, by just looking at the Alias Selections, it feels like I can write a whole book with each one of these backstories, especially sad ones ;-;
I kinda wish there should be more animes and VN's out there like these to watch. Thanks for these, this is a really nice personality generator. If I actually join a writing competition with these in mind, I might win lol
>>
File: Nooob.png (946KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nooob.png
946KB, 1366x768px
>>14755635
Thanks anon that will make my life easier, i have been playing 5 days and i am stil at level 14, but still looks like the game constantly auto saving is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>14755806
Damn dude, that STR and CHR stat.

I can tell you're mostly just going around casting magic dart at everything, but you probably wanna do something about those stats if you ever want to switch to melee or go around with pets.
>>
>>14755775
>>14755338

A question, does anyone know how to change the Volume for the BGM and the sounds in the game? It seems that I can only turn them off and on.
>>
>>14755858
right click your volume icon in the system tray with Elona open, click on "Open Volume Mixer", then find Elona (might have to scroll right if you got too many programs open)
>>
>>14755869
So there's really no way of changing it in-game, not even a config? ;-;
I kinda wanted to lower the BGM a bit but the sounds on normal.
>>
>>14755806
Get gene engineering

Gene slaves onto your little girl to give her cooking and pickpocket, it will make her strong throughout the entire game if you give it to her early
>>
>>14755876
Not that I'm aware of... I don't see anything referencing volume even in the config.txt, so probably not possible.

Maybe Anna can add this feature to Custom in the future?

FYI, if you're not aware of Elona Custom:

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:17104

It's a patch of sorts to Elona+ (the savefiles are fully compatible) that adds a lot of useful tweaks, quality of life changes, and new features.

Most of them probably won't be too useful or matter much to a new player, but it also adds a lot of translations for untranslated content (including cutscenes) so you should get it if you haven't already.

It gets updated every time there is a new version of Elona+ so bookmark that page.
>>
>>14755894
Duly noted, thanks.
>>
>>14755877
I tried but i dont know why the fucking pokeballs dont work, any tips?
>>
>>14755962
If you have the feat 'knockout' you can strike an enemy without killing it in order to capture it with a pokeball.

However, your best bet is to just punch putits/rabbits/whatever until they look like they're on death's door, and then throw a ball at them
>>
I tried playing elona again using a 3 year old character and her alias vanished.

Is that normal?
>>
>>14755997
Only if your character is a former god or a reborn hero from another world.
>>
File: 1450212349767.png (91KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1450212349767.png
91KB, 2000x2000px
Revamped the OP post using criticism from this thread. Feel free to add any information.
>>14754930
All information from this post is agglomerated into their respective pastebin. Older information has been respected and left alone. Features, such as the layout and table of content, have been refurbished.
>>14755012
Separated the pastebin into two separate links, one for newer players and one for older players (i.e the ones with a knack for modding and are familiar with the game's elements). Both will updated frequently, to the best of my ability.
>>14755492
The downloads section in the pastebin has been moved to the top for newer players' convenience, and the latest version of Elona+ Custom is presented first.
----

Thought-provoking topic starter.

Elona+ Custom 1.54 General Information (for newer players): http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

Elona+ Custom 1.54 Mods: http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C
>>
File: character.png (987KB, 1584x1344px) Image search: [Google]
character.png
987KB, 1584x1344px
>>
>5-headed gods
>element dragons
>1 turn of combat leaves me with an inverted rectum

Holy shit, well that was a power jump
>>
>The game could not choose valid fortunes as your saved game is corrupted
Fuck you too fortune cookie.
>>
>>14756467
You know you like it.
>>
>>14756467
>a big green beetle? how strong could that even be?
>>
File: 10.png (527KB, 1202x803px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
527KB, 1202x803px
Well, time to crank up that weight lifting skill.
>>
File: lackwit.png (777KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
lackwit.png
777KB, 816x638px
This is... going to take awhile

I'm pretty close to killing estork, so I'm going to turn this dog into a Shiba.
>>
Is this energy thing set up so that you can't get 99% buff uptime like the default AI would let you?
>>
>>14756640
No? Unless you're using the buff every single turn for some reason

It's to prevent shit like spamming shining wave every turn.
>>
How of my snail is at 18% shadow step, while the other is at 0%.
They both have the same tactics, and are active and get more or less the same amount of kill, so i do not understand.

Is that an unlikely coïncidence, or is there a mechanic in play here ?
Of note is that the one at 0% is second in the pet list, which seems to imply as long as the first have not learnt it, the second won't even start ?
>>
>>14756818
It depends, I think on how often a pet gets a chance to use the skill. Maybe one of the pets is significantly slower/weaker than the other and thus doesn't get a chance to try the skill. I recall trying to train two shadow-stepping little girls and I only got 3% on the secondary while the main was at 38%. Just let your main learn shadow step then disable the custom AI so the secondary gets a chance to learn the skill as well.

What feature do you think would make Elona even more interesting but also frustrating? For me it would be pets becoming ether disease-able and as prone to mutations as the PC.
>>
>>14756884
Neither slower nor weaker, but now that the first is at 37% shadowstep and can teleport more and more reliably, she is stealing all the kills.
Ah well, the defensive directive is here for such an occasion.
>>
I love acorns.
Light and easy to get en masse.
>>
File: 039-Snacks for the road.jpg (204KB, 1296x704px) Image search: [Google]
039-Snacks for the road.jpg
204KB, 1296x704px
>>14756971
>>
>>14756976
>lv35
You work fast
>>
>>14756976
Get some chestnuts and throw them.
>>
Alright, how can I increase my pets speed. I tried to lead her through dungeons fitting for her level to collect AP, which I would turn into speed, but the difference in our speed drives me insane. I have over 300 while my pet bums around at 85. It takes forever and the current enemies she can take on don't give AP. I tried tag-team so that she can earn a bit of my AP when I gain some, but that reduces my speed massively, the pets earned AP is small and I have to protect a fragile pet from high level enemies. Is there a easy way out or do I have to deal with tag-team?
>>
>>14756884
Vegetables and fruit being relevant.
Cooking needing actual recipes that can eventually be superior to herbed curarias.
>>
>>14756976
>400 acorns weigh only 4s
Holy shit, just tell me that they can be cooked and I am fucking SOLD
>>
>>14756985
Give it your speed boosting gear for the meantime so it's easier to get ap.
>>
>>14756985
It's a slow, slow grind to the top m80.

>>14756884
A spell crafting system with absolutely ridiculous levels of customization. You can strengthen and add effects to spells with AP.

Think God Eater Burst
>>
>>14756997
I'm shit at cooking so can't show it but yes, you can turn them into sachertotes.

>>14757013
>elona spellcrafting
This was my dream for very long.
>>
>>14757023
>This was my dream for very long.
It would allow a lot of interesting characters to exist.

I doubt anything of the sorts will ever happen though, it would be a bitch and a half to program.
>>
>>14756996
>Vegetables and fruit being relevant.
There's the Juice Mixer, though not many people find it adequate to make them relevant enough.

>Cooking needing actual recipes that can eventually be superior to herbed curarias.
I have this idea that lower-tier cooking tools get capped into only producing lower-tier tools (regardless of skill); high-tier cooking tools won't be affected much, but if you have ingredients (like bottle of salt), middle-tier outcome would be eliminated (leaving you to roll either only the topnotch or crappy cooked food)
>>
>>14757035
Can I get details on what the juice mixer actually does? I know BBQs increase the chance of getting better foods but what do juice mixers do?
>>
>>14757079
IIRC, it "converts" fruits and vegetables into juices, a somewhat potion-type items that have very low hunger-filling rate; I haven't seen any tests if said fruit/veg juices retain their original nutrition value when consumed.
>>
>>14757079
>>14757122

Ok, found it: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:15961

>*Added the ability to make juice from fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
>**Price and nutrition isn't changed when made into juice, nor are + modifiers taken into account.
>**Even if the original item is rotten, the juice won't be treated as rotten food.
>**You shouldn't bother turning items with + modifiers into juice.
>**Nutritional values are multiplied by 1.5x when you mix juices (regardless of how many), and it can also be mixed with milk.
>>
File: 040-Megasnacks.jpg (185KB, 1296x704px) Image search: [Google]
040-Megasnacks.jpg
185KB, 1296x704px
>>14756976
The acorns to end all acorns.

I may be weak, i may be small, i may not know how to read, but i sure know how to farm.
>>
>>14757317
>Garden 130
Holy fuck, have you been doing nothing but gardening, or am I just lazy?
>>
>>14757329
I have two farms, all the fields tiles of the first are covered in herb plants and half of the other of all others seeds, and the second farm have half its field tiles covered in plants seed.
As you may guess, like 60% are withered herb plants. I cannot wait to be strong enough to kill big daddies and get a steady supply of kumiromi gems.
I just gotten 30 cooking though, hence the insane number of herbed acorns.

Being slow as, well, a snail sure helps in making stuff grow by the time you did a city rotation.

>have you been doing nothing but gardening
tl;dr yes
>>
>>14757349
Do you have enough potions of potential to make use of them?
>>
>>14757360
No but Hidari learnt cooking early and have it at 50~, so i tend to have all attributes at great all the time ( besides constitution from mining and learning from gardening ).

My snails though hardly go below great, and a lot are always at superb.
I consider myself still in the early game, so this is biding good news for later ! They won't even need potions of potential, doujou, scrolls of growth, anything ! Yay !
>>
File: 2016-02-13_132734.png (168KB, 698x209px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-13_132734.png
168KB, 698x209px
>Add egg
>>
Do you guys plant unknown and gem seeds or throw them away?
>>
>>14757377
I can't wait to see your metal slugs, are you going to give them weapons or will they RIP AND TEAR with unarmed combat?
>>
>>14757496
As said in >>14739330, the sprite have two arms so i'll give them two hands.

... Though when you put it that way...
It's just i wanted to give them two living panties so that they smother ennemies mercilessly.

What's better, RIP AND TEAR or lewd dual wielding ?
You instilled doubt in me. I have time to decide but...
>>
>>14757537
Look deep inside yourself and RIP AND TEAR, THEIR SUPPLE MOLUSC FORMS SHALL BE BAPTIZED IN THE LIQUEFIED REMAINS OF WHAT MAY HAVE ONCE BEEN THEIR ENEMIES
>>
>>14757537
Why not one and one? You have two snails no? One is a lewd little shit and the other is a smug killing machine
>>
>>14757550
The thing is they're both lewd little shits that aspire to be smug killing machine as my Hands.
... Besides, whatever happen i plan to wield 10 living panties myself, so maybe that would be enough lewdness for the three of us.
As >>14757548 put it, the purposes of my Hands is to make the floors run red with blood while my immaculate for travel through land and sea.

Ok, i'll go for martial art for them, and keep their body pure.
>>
File: yacatect loves me this i know.png (417KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
yacatect loves me this i know.png
417KB, 816x638px
My faith can only grow stronger

Need 2 more, I guess that's 10 or so little sisters? Might take awhile.

I really want to hurry up and get to level 65 so I can astral light pen Meshera Alpha and move on to Lost Irva
>>
My game crashes everytime a black wing NPC is around, it's not its sprite since I can see it normally. I think the crash happens when it attacks or something, it's very annoying.
>>
>>14757605
I was waiting to Astral Light Pen Meshera Alpha as well, but she spawns at Amur-Cage in Lost Irva, so you can recruit her whenever you want.

You don't need to wait, she won't disappear forever.
>>
>>14757605
Why do you want her anyway? For your lovecave?
>>
>>14757642
You're a life saver!

I could have killed the thing ages ago.

So the one that spawns in lost Irva is completely rrecruitable and such?

>>14757645
Yacatect needs heralds of her good word
>>
>>14757651
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Amur-Cage
>>
File: rotten beauty.png (345KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
rotten beauty.png
345KB, 816x638px
Looks good. Not sure what type of furniture I should be strewing around. I'm thinking of just pasting the ground with random bits of jewelry and gold coins.

>>14757658
Wonderful.
>>
File: gaaaaa.png (491KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
gaaaaa.png
491KB, 816x638px
That's the stuff

Unfortunately my Little Sister got evaporated by a Shining Wave
>>
I'm thinking of actually designing my house due to inspiration from >>14757663, rather then sticking with the default palace layout, but I have no ideas for any cool designs. Do you guys have any ideas?
>>
File: 2016-02-13_152200.png (459KB, 1264x798px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-13_152200.png
459KB, 1264x798px
I fail to understand why Palmia citizens hate me so much
>>
So I just found out that you can't teach pets spells by just giving them scrolls of wonder. Can I teach them other skills through scrolls of gain attribute? Does the scroll teach pets spells or is it limited to passive skills?
>>
If I have a spear in equipped in the range slot that invokes Holy shield, if the character is melee only will I still occasionally see Holy shield invokes?
>>
>>14757870
I think invokes are only triggered if attacking with the specific weapon
>>
What exactly does it mean when a piece of equipment says it maintains something? Can I still gain exp in the skill?
>>
>>14758057
Some ennemies can weaken your attributes, and you need to drink relevant restore potions/pay a town healer.
Maintain equipment makes sure the attribute is not weakened when targeted, removing the need to restore anything if all attributes are covered.
>>
>>14758057
>>14758077
There's also the ailment sick which gradually abuses your stats. 'Maintains'-equipment prevents this from occuring, not sick but the stat-abuse.
>>
File: 1419282168211.jpg (181KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1419282168211.jpg
181KB, 750x750px
>>14757495
>>
>>14757495
I plant unknown because I heard that they can sometimes give useful items and gem for when I need to worship Jure/Opatos. Just use gene-engineer pickpocket if you want pets to get gold.
>>
>>14758161
>>14758169
It also gives gardening experience, so it's never a waste.
Don't plant them on field tiles of course, field tiles are for herbs.
>>
Are bows any good or are they plain outclassed by firearms?
>>
>>14755118

you could just cast spells, there are tons of buffs you can cast to level yourself rather fast and the majority of them are extremely useful to have leveled. If you have casts of meteor though that is probley the fastest way to level.
>>
>>14758161
I plant gem ones but throw away unknown seeds.
>>
>>14758294
How can meteor be used to level up? I just casted it in a field and annihilated my pets amd myself.
>>
>>14758335

actually using it on things, particularly things that are high enough level to survive it just seems to give tons of exp.

You should also have lots of fire resist before trying to cast it and a decent base level.
>>
I got a ring with "It enhances your body metabolism [##]" Any idea what that does? The wiki is no help.
>>
File: index.jpg (3MB, 2528x2394px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
3MB, 2528x2394px
Help me /jp/, since my party is getting too big (Valkyrie, Pro-Jet, Cockroach, Miss Vampire and soon an Exile) I think I won't be able to keep both bells.
Which do you think I should keep?
>>
>>14758452
It's enhance your healing skill.
>>
>>14758464
Second looks stronger.
>>
>>14757732
How about a fantasy/nature type theme?
>>
Which is better through the course of the game?

Lightning Bolt + Elemental Scar + Wet
or
Nerve Arrow + Nightmare
>>
File: snack time.png (223KB, 584x383px) Image search: [Google]
snack time.png
223KB, 584x383px
Finally found the spreadsheet for equipment attributes. Time to test stuff.

>>14758700
My vote is with the first, but replace the bolt with thunder vortex.
>>
Silly question here. I downloaded the pcc collection from the thread, but the body used in Elona 1.54 is smaller than the ones who are uploaded in the file, so all the parts and cloths dont match for beign bigger. Is there a way to fix this aside editing myself? is there a collection of pcc sprites that match the standard body from elona+?
>>
>>14758793
Or not. I can't equip it because it's "too OP". Hmm.
>>
How many panties would I need to "max out" a living lightsaber with jewel tear of god buffs? Would that be the most efficient method of increasing overall damage, or is there a wiser way of doing it?
>>
>>14758794
Replace the clothes with the ones in the old PCC folder. Those match the bodies you downloaded.

For the opposite I don't know.
>>
>>14758793
Thunder Vortex is great but only getting it through scrolls of wonder is pretty crap...
>>
>>14758842
Oh, I see now, thanks anon.
>>
>>14756985
What is AP?
>>
>>14759002
Something you gain by killing stronger enemies (usually around level 50). You can use it to increase your speed, earn certain feats/abilities, etc. It's really complicated, but basically the lower your base speed, the more AP you get from an enemy that is qualified to give AP.
>>
File: nope.png (347KB, 767x574px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
347KB, 767x574px
Is shadow step supposed to work across the entire map? Because Karavika keeps hopping next to me right after I teleport. Or does she have some special action that targets me wherever I am on the map?
>>
>>14759086
Maybe she's just much faster than you/lucky with teleport?
>>
>>14759097
It's a test character with 2000 speed, so she's not faster. And it doesn't look like teleport.

Man, I really don't see my main character every being able to beat her. Whenever she's not spamming shadow step she's using underhand drop. Hax.
>>
>>14757792
Wonder scrolls don't work for pets. Gain attribute works normally for pets. You can use it to give them new skills.
>>
>>14759176
I was hoping I could just patiently hand my pets wonder scroll after wonder scroll, quickly but surely granting them a shitton of spells and buffs. Thinking about it now..why would Ano, Noa or Anna ever allow something so broken?
>>
>>14758272
Nothing innately weaker about bows but there's a lot more firearm static artifacts than bow static artifacts. Unless Ano introduces more bows in the future, firearm might be the better choice for now for a ranged character.
>>
A good way to divide up a whole character spritesheet would be to use TileMage Image Splitter.

1. Choose the character sheet.

2. Set to 33 columns and 28 rows.

3. Hit split and be sure to set the file format to Bitmap (.bmp). The file naming is a bit annoying. All I can say is set to source filename+custom text (char)+tile number. Not guaranteeing correct order or proper image naming. Choose a location to put the images (like a new folder) and hit split.

Hopefully this is helpful to a lot of folks.
>>
When you sleep do your pets also increase their attribute potential or do you have to rely on breakfast to do that?
>>
File: 9.png (750KB, 801x600px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
750KB, 801x600px
>>14756985
After gene engineering skills and levels into my pets the very first problem I usually tackle is speed. Not so much for my pet Akeno but was definitely true for my little girl and the Exile.

To kickstart their AP generation I did what you're doing. Tagging them to my character. I'm never happy to lose my 2000 speed and coming down to around their level of speed but if you're going to train more pets in the future it's something you're going to have to get used to. Not many pets have 2000 speed. To make gaining AP this way smooth, you must be able to obliterate the stuff that gives your pet AP in just several turns. If you're not easily killing things it just won't work well. Also, the goal is to find the dungeon or void level where all the enemies give your pet AP on destruction.

Since you're farming AP for your pet, which is weaker than yourself, you need to come down to it's level of dungeon level or void level where she'll get AP comfortably without dying all the time. If this dungeon danger level doesn't exist anymore for your pet since the dungeons spawning are scaled to you, then I would definitely advise opening the void up. I do all my AP training in there now for both my character and pets.

What you would do with your pet is just start from floor 1 and proceed downwards until your pet starts gaining AP from all the enemies she's killing. Just stick around these void floors by constantly going up and down the stairs farming the enemies. Since your pet is weaker than you the enemies your pet needs shouldn't be too hard to deal with.

Aside from tagging your pet, and if your pet can actually damage the stuff your character normally kills, you can see about just softening up enemies with your character and calling your pet out to swoop in for the last blow to kill the enemy. The feat knockout can help with this.

Also, although I don't really turn in AP until I hit 2000 anymore, the speed boost AP requirement I think is just whatever your pets speed is. So if your pet's speed is like 100 you just need 100 AP to get +30 speed tacked on. So you might want to just turn in AP early instead of storing it up if that's what you're doing.

After getting a pet's speed to a good level things ease up. Then after that you just need to focus on upping whatever it is that they do for damage. That's currently where I'm at. Upping pet damage. Once your pet can kill things on their own and hang out at your normal hunting spots then pets really take off but before then yeah, it's rough.
>>
File: footsies.png (180KB, 554x325px) Image search: [Google]
footsies.png
180KB, 554x325px
Should I make this seven league boots my "resist stick" through fusion? I don't see myself finding anything to top this in the boots slot.
>>
>>14759477
I don't think sleeping helps them out but breakfast will. I wouldn't really rely on breakfast to raise attribute potential. I think it's too slow personally. Best to just have them visit their trainer.
>>
>>14758801
If I remember right, items with extremely high DV/PV can't be equipped as a measure against a exploit using Scrolls of Flying from a while back.
>>
>>14759673
Seven leagues boot would be good candidate. An alternative would be to load up a proximity assist or interlocking shooting mechanism, whatever you need, boot with resists.
>>
Let me see if I got this right, if I want to dual wield with multi-handed characters the weapon on the first hand can weight up to 4s while all the others must be lighter than 1,5s?
>>
>>14759688
Ah right I forgot that helps too. Thanks!
>>
I wish there were an option to go cyborg for Mani.
>>
>>14760019
Machine God extra race

>>14759895
I heard the limit is 4s + 2.5 for the others.
>>
File: 1424358508924.jpg (75KB, 810x630px) Image search: [Google]
1424358508924.jpg
75KB, 810x630px
>>14760019
Don't worry, the day machines take over is closer than you think.
>>
File: take that nature!.png (391KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
take that nature!.png
391KB, 816x638px
Now to turn my puppy into a god of dogs.
>>
File: 2016-02-14_001136.png (8KB, 332x16px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-14_001136.png
8KB, 332x16px
How does poison damage scale in this game?
I wish you could use pickpocket to put stuff on NPCs, I'd like to see how equipping them with gear like pic related would scale the damage.
>>
>>14760107
>Have hat
>Take NPCs hat
>Give your hat

Would that work?
>>
File: 200 years old.png (460KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
200 years old.png
460KB, 816x638px
>>14760106
Cool.
>>
>>14759673
I just starting playing this a while ago, but how exactly do you add resists to an item?
>>
File: Shiba the Hand of Yacatect.png (351KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
Shiba the Hand of Yacatect.png
351KB, 816x638px
>>14760142
YES

He really sucks right now, but I'm going to send him through AP grinding hell until he matches the rest of my team.
>>
File: armor.png (376KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
armor.png
376KB, 800x599px
Got this godly armor as a quest reward at level 4.
Lucky!
>>
>>14760406
Noice, what does it do?
>>
Apparently you can have multiples of the same god if you use the rod of wish on the same place.
>>
>>14760457
They're conceptual beings, they can have as many physical manifestations as they please.
>>
>>14760450
Don't know yet. Don't want to spend so much money on identification.

inb4 it gives you this >>14760107
>>
File: armor2.png (446KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
armor2.png
446KB, 800x599px
>>14760450
At least there's nothing negative on it.
>>
>>14760704
Being able to digest rotten food is awesome, so it's a boost to cooking and jeweler early game.
>>
>>14760343
Expensively. It's part of an act 3 quest. It's a sort of obtuse system you need a scroll of gain attribute for.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Artifact_fusion
>>
>>14760704
>negate confusion
Very useful, shame it doesn't negate blindness, fuuuck blindness
>>
Which is better in the long term - artifact fusion with precious or godly items?
>>
>>14760847
Godly.
>>
>>14760891
Thanks.
>>
The <Dragon Slayer> seems pretty mediocre. I would expect more dice from Guts' sword, 2d50 at the very least.
>>
File: machine lure.png (513KB, 810x726px) Image search: [Google]
machine lure.png
513KB, 810x726px
An adventurer respawned with the machine lure after I dueled him.

10/10 will mince again.
>>
>>14761371
You lucky bastard.
>>
>>14759895
You're not restricted to, but there are penalties. The penalties get more extreme as you get more beyond the "guidelines" but it can be overcome with enough training.
>>
Can you wish for pet evolution hearts?
>>
File: slowmo.png (255KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
slowmo.png
255KB, 816x638px
Oh, hey there.

Fancy seeing you in a lv130 dungeon

I'm just going to fuck off now
>>
>>14761664
Scratch that, guess I've (my pets) gotten stronger since last time.

I've become nothing but a cheerleader and a healing rain meteorologist.
>>
Are shopkeepers and wandering merchants invincible?
>>
I've seen a lot of people post pets with [Miracle] or {Godly} as part of their names - is this something you get through AP training, or are people just dominating monsters with of those tiers, from places like the Void?
>>
anyone have a good music replacement pack? I'm bored with the in-built stuff, as well as the few packs that are floating around.
>>
>>14761730
To get '{ }' you have to spend AP. Gives them resistance to hexes and crap

Also it's cool because it makes your pet look like a boss monster after sundering the flesh of a thousand dragons and other AP giving assholes
>>
>>14761730
You talking about the brackets? If you are then {} means that your pet is of higher quality (Leold AP upgrade) Means that they get a bunch of base resistances, and some resistance to hexes I believe.
>>
Is there a way to get to Lost Irva that doesn't include being horrifically mutated by ether?
>>
>>14761846
After you reach a certain point in the Cradle of Chaos you get a warp from Larna to the Shrine of Guardian right in front of it.
>>
>>14761882
Thank fucking god
>>
File: Capture.png (209KB, 565x350px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
209KB, 565x350px
Artifact fusion rundown:

You can't alter unnamed items, they have to be miracle or higher named artifacts. I spent almost 100 small medals to buy a Garok's hammer from the dwarves so I could make this pair of seven league boots into a miracle artifact. Thankfully the RNG blessed me with two benign modifiers. (sidenote on the hammer: it doesn't autosave upon use, but it will give the same modifications and name each time regardless of how much you savescum.)

I then went to Irma and Thalia's and wept as they burned my sweet, sweet scrolls of gain attribute along with my hard-earned crafting materials to soup up the Antiquated Retard. Page two of the list is the standard speeds up your travel progress mod.

If I could have done one thing differently, I would have used a godly pair of seven league boots, which would have allowed an extra two mods or so. Unfortunately, there were none available.

>>14761687
No. Only traveling merchants will actually drop what they're selling though.

>>14761846
Cure corruption pots are easy to come by. If you're at that stage in the game, surely you've got at least five or ten in stock? Or you can win a few games of blackjack to stock up?
>>
How about some AIs? It's interesting trying to squeeze the max power into 15 conditionals.

Here's my mage AI:

// heal up if needed. if in deep negative mana, this could go into a feedback loop
Self HP <= 70% -> Jure's Heal

//speed first because it makes the rest faster
Self Buff != Speed -> Speed

//kill any debuffs
Self Buff = Slow -> Holy Light
Self Buff = Elemental Scar -> Holy Light

//buff up
Self Buff != Holy Shield -> Holy Shield
Self Buff != Elemental Shield -> Elemental Shield
Self Buff != Feather -> Feather
Self Buff != Divine Wisdom -> Divine Wisdom
Self Buff != Holy Word -> Holy Word

//if out of mana, use magic arrrow from a distance
//maybe I'll replace this with a ranged weapon, idunno
Target Distance > 5 -> Move Forward
Self MP <= 20% -> Magic Arrow

//otherwise, move forward to deploy big guns
Target Distance > 3 -> Move Forward
Self Buff != Rage -> Rampage
Target Distance <= 3 -> Magic Storm

//if nothing to do, stick to player
Player Distance >= 1 -> Move Forward

Obviously, this is only practical with loads of mana, but it gives DPS performance on par with my PC.

Weakness: no handling for being Silenced; no liching/backing out of melee (not sure if good idea), though with enough buffs you won't miss it.
>>
File: untitled.png (174KB, 604x324px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
174KB, 604x324px
>>14761982
Having major troubles figuring out how to get them to go around corners. They also like to target enemies on the other side, before I even get my first glance of the monster. This is especially irritating in Awakened dungeons. But I think these issues are present in the vanilla AI as well.
>>
>>14762027
You need to do the targetting yourself. Also use a leash to keep them close.

If you want even more control, set a conditional near the top like:

Player Distance >= 3 -> Move Forward.

Although they might just go back and forth.

Ranged/magic is easier to do than melee.
>>
File: guard.png (16KB, 610x44px) Image search: [Google]
guard.png
16KB, 610x44px
Does it mean he's gonna attack me on sight now?
>>
>>14759605
I see, thanks.
>>
What the hell does Nein want me to do for her quest?
>>
>>14762268
Capture a mana monolith enemy in a monster ball.
>>
>>14762339
That's oddly specific, but ok!
>>
>>14762203
Probably. Pity, I'm sure you had the best of intentions in mind when you fed him the home cooked meal you worked so hard on. Guess you got to keep working on that cooking skill anon.
>>
Does pets always distribute bonus points for leveling up by themselves? Is there a way so I can do that?.

Also what type of weapon its good for a Valkyrie.
>>
>>14762354
No I was trying to poison him and rob his dead body but there was nothing left after he got deleted.
>>
File: 1429191104816.gif (480KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
1429191104816.gif
480KB, 500x262px
>>14762203
Mmmmh, we talked about mochi choking the evolved pet god NPCs of lost irva for their goodies and how the fact it's just 500 fixed damage means it can't work, but THAT...
That could work.
>>
>>14761673
>I've become nothing but a cheerleader and a healing rain meteorologist
Welcome to late game with pets
>>
File: 1395279569697.png (21KB, 176x232px) Image search: [Google]
1395279569697.png
21KB, 176x232px
>>14762366
No, it can't. NPCs refuse any type of food.
Why must the weak be discriminated against so...
>>
File: 11.png (526KB, 1201x801px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
526KB, 1201x801px
Well at least she can now keep up a bit. I have all the hearts needed to evolve her into her final form, but I want to wait till I capped her speed out at 500 since the evolutions also give speed. Maximum min-maxing.
>>
>>14762422
What is that pet?

>>14762396
I had the image of a golem punching things to death with 2d50 fists when I started. The reality took a while to set in.
>>
>>14762444
Fire dragon child.
>>
>>14762448
Raising pissweak pets to greatness is always fun, especially when they have cool evolutions.
>>
File: 12.png (917KB, 1202x801px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
917KB, 1202x801px
>>14762466
>is always fun
I'm not really enjoying the speed grind for her, but she can take a beating and dish ou some damage as well. And now I can finally run around without tag-team for her.
>>
>>14762487
I'm at around the same point for my weak-as-shit pet

I spent 500 AP just to make its dual-wielding not terrible. Though all of its other skills are at around 10
>>
>>14761982
mage AI v2 - now with player-heal!

// if player is wounded and nearby, cast healing rain
Player Distance < 3 -> AND
Player Health <=75% -> Healing Rain

// heal up if needed. if in deep negative mana, this could go into a feedback loop
Self HP <= 70% -> Cure of Jure

//speed first because it makes the rest faster
Self Buff != Speed -> Speed

//kill debuffs
Self Buff = Slow -> Holy Light
Self Buff = Fog of Weakness -> Holy Light

//buff up
Self Buff != Holy Shield -> Holy Shield
Self Buff != Elemental Shield -> Elemental Shield
Self Buff != Holy Word -> Holy Word
Self Buff != Divine Wisdom -> Divine Wisdom
Self Buff != Feather -> Feather

//taunt and kill; switch to magic arrow if low on mana
Target Distance > 3 -> Move Forward
Target Buff != Rage -> Taunt
Self Mana >= 20% -> Mana Storm
Self Mana < 20% -> Magic Arrow
>>
>>14761647
>wishing for evolution hearts
Nope, not even in wizard mode.
>>
>>14761673
>>14761664
How the fuck is your PC so powerful at that level?
>>
does anyone know where i can get the different material collecting skills for my pets? i only have fishing on all my pets so far and i don't remember where i got it.
>>
File: 042-The Stones.jpg (229KB, 1296x704px) Image search: [Google]
042-The Stones.jpg
229KB, 1296x704px
A big daddy found on the first level of lesimas can't be any easier, and i still barely escaped with my life.
Not powerful enough... Not yet.
Zeome should be ok though. Maybe. Hopefully.
>>
>It is rumored that there's an ultimate artifact exclusive to younger sisters.
The fortune cookie is talking about that precious rubynus knife little sisters drop, right?
>>
>>14763125
Use the wiki and see what races start with said skill, then go hunt the mobs of the same race
>>
>>14763126
He will probably beat you easy if you can't beat even big daddy.
>>
does anyone know if there is a way to check if there is a specific item on the map that exist? cause i lost my wind bow and i'm just curious where i left it or if i lost it.

>>14763144
on it, thanks.
>>
>>14763160
You're right. Besides, access to South Tyris without being able to gain AP is pointless.
Back to farming.
>>
>>14763126
I'm a mage but my pet isn't. Go to the level 17 ancient castle near the doujyo and get the Rankis. My pet with slightly better stats is dual-wielding the Kumi-Scythe + Rankis and I'm certain she could solo a big daddy any day of the week easily. Level 40 Little girl.
>>
File: sleep.jpg (45KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
sleep.jpg
45KB, 600x476px
>Solid State Hard Drive suddenly died.
>My Inferno mode chapter 1 victory within 1 year save was on it.
>I didn't expect to die like this.

I have back up save at an earlier point, but that would be save scumming.
>>
>>14762910
I'm pretty fucking weak, with a 2d15 punch at x8 multiplier. I cannot kill high levels monsters at all.

My pets are strong because I chimera'd some high level monsters onto them with gene engineering, they also get AP easy because they started off at lv1.

Also, golems have absurd life levels, so I can tank everything while my pets rampage.
>>
File: scraper.png (44KB, 263x79px) Image search: [Google]
scraper.png
44KB, 263x79px
>>14763335
For reference, this is my pathetic melee.

Hoping to use AP to boost my martial arts to retarded levels so I can get some decent dice.

2d50 would be nice.
>>
>>14762361
Not sure if pets even get bonus points upon level up as it certainly is not listed when you go to the informer after they level up. Maybe they are auto distributing it but I'm not too confident that's what's going on either. The best weapon for the Valkyrie will largely depend on what style of combat your Valkyrie has whether that's dual wielding, two hand, martial arts, firearm, etc. Since you haven't stated what your Valkyrie is I can't really say what weapon would be good for your Valkyrie.
>>
File: Captcha.png (356KB, 402x601px) Image search: [Google]
Captcha.png
356KB, 402x601px
>>14763335
Stats here: http://imgur.com/a/insZn

This pet, is one of three. My others are a little girl wielding Opatos' Hammer and one of Little sister that accompanies big daddies.

The secondary(Hammer + Heavy armor) is a fair bit weaker offensively than the pet in the album.

As for your "pathetic melee"..lol. If my MA little sister was as powerful as your PC offensively, I'd give more of a shit about her.

You're probably a fair bit faster than big daddies, so based on what I read on the wiki: Throw cursed/blessed potions of weakness and poison at him. If you have it, use shining wave/throing and stay 3+ cells away from him.

Also, please post more about your life as a Martial Artist and how you circumvent your hurdles. I want to know more, a lot more, but so few people are playing as that type and it's hard to learn.

Pro-tip: Keep herbed foods for yourself and focus the best foods onto a select pet.
>>
I wish ranched pets wouldn't count towards the pet limit. This way I could have an egg factory.
>>
>>14763481
Discarded ranch, I hear, allows you to drop pets there without having them count against your limit.
>>
File: no trouble here.png (775KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
no trouble here.png
775KB, 816x638px
>>14763431
I have no trouble with big daddies, my little girl just destroys them with her dual wielded D-saber + Stormbringer while my Little Sister pelts on them with the Railgun.

I can post their stats if you want, but I'm pretty sure I may have posted them earlier, if not in this thread, then definitely the last.

Playing a martial artist with pets is shorthand for 'stay back and let the big boys handle it', ever since completing north tyris all I've done is spam healing rain, cheer and occasionally shoot a shining wave.

Attribute seems useless late-game because EVERYTHING has superb resistance to all except mana (which cannot be used for attribute even though I have superb+ resistance to it)

Not really complaining though, I love the pet system Elona has, it is really rewarding to see your little dog become a god of destruction with 4 arms full of precious weapons.

Right now I'm just stuck on the Ninja level in the cradle of chaos. Those fucking chaos spirits are hell.
>>
>>14763491
Pets that way won't produce eggs though
>>
>>14763492
Honestly, players like you a bit intimidating. It's like I'm playing and I feel like I'm progressing with every day of work but seeing stats in the hundreds at the same level range is just insane. How do you achieve this? Did you just transfer a shitton of Herb seeds & Potential potions from your other characters or something?
>>
File: domesday book.png (291KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
domesday book.png
291KB, 816x638px
I should just stop carrying caramels of termination.

Whatever, let's ragnarok.

>>14763514
It's a fresh character. I haven't done anything special, my farm has a few herbs in it, but they keep dying so I'm left with only ~4 bushes at a time.

I make lots of potential potions with alchemy and I have two magic vendors at rank ~170 who stock them infrequently along with flying scrolls (I want to accumulate 9 so I can make my dog dual-wield the Piledriver along with his other weapons of mass destruction)
>>
File: 13.png (887KB, 1203x804px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
887KB, 1203x804px
>>14763514
Like >>14763537 said, get potions of potential and bless them.
>>
Does cooking special corpses that give elemental resistances like the Vesda one grant better results or is it the same of just eating the plain raw thing?
>>
>>14763537
>>14763547

I'm looking for a soul-spindle/tailoring kit rn. None have spawned for my character and I need to make some shit. I also need to level my alchemy skill a bit as well. Potions of potential are on my to-do list, to be sure.

I'm actually running around with two Little girls(both evolution hearted) in my party and I'm not sure if I really need the second. The reason I'm hesitating to just dump her is because I feel like I've invested too much into her to just let her go. Same for the little sister. The mutant gimmick is cool but her martial artistry is garbage.

Thanks for the tips

>>14763566
Put it in your cooler box and cook it to something that isn't grotesque, charred, smelly or refuse. Cooking multiplies bonuses.

Could anyone recommend some decent pictures for the portrait? The whom dwells in the vanity one doesn't really fit.
>>
>>14763583
>Could anyone recommend some decent pictures for the portrait? The whom dwells in the vanity one doesn't really fit.
Depends what you're looking for, for mine I just googled 'greek statue' and choose the coolest looking one
>>
>>14763591
Dark skinned(brown as a tree, black as cool or even grey as rain clouds are fine) youth with cat-ears. I can find a decent-ish brown-skins but they either don't have cat ears or are a lot older than the PC. I'm considering moving my PCs skin color to purple and using pictures of Slaneesh but I'm not certain if it would make sense, unless I re-wrote head canon into: Slaneesh possessed an eleven year old cat-person.
>>
>>14763612
There's bound to be thousands of dark-skinned, young catboys on one of the various booru's
>>
File: 2016-02-14_135552.png (578KB, 1264x798px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-14_135552.png
578KB, 1264x798px
After all the trouble I went through to find a book of resurrection
>>
>>14763649
What a travesty.

Maybe put it on the ground and have him walk over it?
>>
>>14763649
>>14763659
Or astral light pen him, get rid of the original, and feed the pet version the meat?
>>
File: 1423653773719.jpg (35KB, 768x430px) Image search: [Google]
1423653773719.jpg
35KB, 768x430px
I was about to whine yet again that one of my snail didn't learnt squat, but then i miraculously stopped being a dimwitted moronic retard for a second and checked if she was using the custom AI.

She was using the defaut AI.
>>
File: 25890117_p9.jpg (41KB, 450x525px) Image search: [Google]
25890117_p9.jpg
41KB, 450x525px
>>14763760
Silly man.
>>
>>14763760
Pfffft
>>
File: 14.png (569KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
569KB, 1200x803px
Houzanha is a funny skill.
>>
File: 2016-02-14_143056.png (56KB, 239x239px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-14_143056.png
56KB, 239x239px
>>14763659
>>14763675
Nothing, I guess I'll need to wait for when I can recruit him as a pet
>>
File: element.png (30KB, 1013x63px) Image search: [Google]
element.png
30KB, 1013x63px
>>
Is it possible to transfer a living weapon with a gene?

I'd like to play a dude who starts out with a living weapon just to see how ridiculous it becomes by late-game.
>>
Are bells better as dual-wielders, Two handers or ranged?

Also, holy shit. I just gave my pet Yacatect's coin thinking she'd never use it and it would just be used as a resistance stick but she just used it. Like, she was fighting an acid slime and she used it. There's nothing in the custom AI telling her to, in fact ranged attacks are discouraged but she used it.
>>
>>14763847
Melee pets automatically use any viable ranged weapon equipped when dealing with enemies that damages melee weapons via acid. The kicker though is that said pets use ranged weapons when the slimes are just next to them and are already melting the pet's armors off.
>>
File: 2016-02-14_151310.png (92KB, 404x215px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-14_151310.png
92KB, 404x215px
What do the symbols next to the attributes do?
>>
>>14763935
They denote the magnitude of the stat/skill/resistance change. The more hashes the more of an effect the equipment grants a particular attribute.
>>
>>14764002
I mean, those two on the left that look like some ribbon
>>
>>14764007
Ah, well. I have no idea.
>>
>>14764007
Meant for an artifact fusion system that never made it in if I remember right.
>>
I dropped my personal gloves in the shop by mistake and I soon as I went outside my demon decided to sell them. I don't really remember what they had on but now I can't see invisible creatures so that's enough to make me feel bad.
>>
File: 15.png (272KB, 1203x802px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
272KB, 1203x802px
Bugger me bumflaps.
>>
>>14764520
Scroll of teleportation.
>>
1.55 is out, folks.

http://www1.axfc.net/u/3619119.zip
>>
File: 16.png (579KB, 1203x801px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
579KB, 1203x801px
>>14764573
Already safe.
>>
File: hot ice.png (153KB, 419x320px) Image search: [Google]
hot ice.png
153KB, 419x320px
>>
>>14764590
Changes and additions
- Carpentry tool item has been renamed to tools, and its description changed.
- MP Breath is now affected by the equipment attribute that increases breath damage. It will still be affected by Charge Attack for now.
- Reduced SP consumption of breath-type actions. This should more or less be how powerful breath attacks should be considering their lack of need for spell stock and ease of leveling. I think a precious tool to change Variable Breath element without relying on equipment or attributes should make fighting with it more tactical.
- Added 8 high-level seamonsters and 1 evolution.
- When a summoned undead monster defeats an enemy, AP is earned by the player and is based off the player's INI.
- Summoned undead will not act as summoned undead inside showrooms.
- Adjusted NPC adventurers' starting level and fame, and their hiring price. Hiring price is now reduced with affection level. Their profile will also be generated randomly, and they won't prefer to stay in North Tyris any more.
- Undead can be tethered to you with a leash like your pets, and will warp to you when they are too far away. Brainwashing no longer affects them.
- Dragon zombie has been changed to predator class.
- Necro force HP and MP consumption halved. Added the option to make them gather around you without returning them to their coffins.
- Added 1 policy for governing towns. It won't show up until the prerequisites are met.
- About the replacement for the alias voting system:
Voting can now be done in towns where there has been a werewolf attack. When the player has voted and is in town at 12 noon, the NPC with the most votes will be executed. (If more than 1 NPC shares the top vote, 1 of them will be picked.) So go kill the one that you have your eye on (for his items).
- Altered the werewolf option in conversations. Picking it will cause the affection level to slightly lower, but more votes will go to that NPC. This can be done any time from after the werewolf attack till the player checks the ballot box.
- NPC adventurers can be recruited as an ally after hiring him 1 time, as opposed to 3 times before. Adventurers above level 300 will be weakened when they are recruited as allies.
- Relaxed material requirements for making monster balls. Max level for monster balls set to 200. Monster balls will also not be more than 10 levels higher than lowest dungeon floor cleared.
- When the player eats "Uh-uh, the taste is so so" or "The taste is not bad" food or better, stamina recovers by enchant level * 1.5 + food tier. This was added as a way to recover stamina and as a reason for the player to eat high-quality cooked food.
- Added a side quest to part III. (Sophia's.)
- Added Fury side-effect to Run Wildry status to give it a double-edged sword feel.
- Set the upper limit of Holy Shield and Feather DV/PV bonus to 1000 to make unbuffed DV and PV more important. The 10% increase part will remain the same for now. Increased the number of turns the buffs are active for.
- Gauge attacks will not activate for proc-type enchants that give attack magic or breath.
- Made a slight change to how the reward is given in an existing part III side quest. (Urcaguary's.)
- Added a precious item that can temporarily change the element of Variable Storm and Variable Breath. If it's an element not compatible with the spell or breath, then nothing will happen.
Made it available from the small medal shop so that it's available right from part I, and so that people who don't want it don't have to get it.
- During character creation, allowed selection of 1 skill in addition to the class and race. The selected skill will start at level 10. If it's a skill that isn't level 0 for the class or race, then 9 will be added to the starting level. It's similar to the TPRG ability systems.
- Feats: changed the arm wrestling feat to Run Wildry skill. Two more skills have been added, and the sexy and martial artist-type feats have been swapped with them. From now on, the stat-increase feats will be swapped for abilities and passive effects that can be used for roleplaying.
- Made it so that damage from proximity assist and interlocking shooting mechanism enchantments is reduced by equipment skill (light, medium, and heavy). The reduction is capped at skill level 500.

Fixes:
- Cutscene added in 1.54 no longer replays every time the player enters the floor.
- Score no longer overflows. Upper limit is now more or less unachievable at 100 million. With 20 times the score in no future mode, the limit is 2 billion.
- Influence level in town will be saved, and will no longer reset when starting up Elona.
- Coffins that are stashed into your graveyard key when you don't have enough space in your inventory will no longer lose their necro remodel effect.
- Fixed number and weight of gifts, proofs of friendship, and chocolate going weird after gifting them.
- Fixed some of the script.
- Fixed characters in main quest part III not talking.
>>
>>14764713
>- Made it so that damage from proximity assist and interlocking shooting mechanism enchantments is reduced by equipment skill (light, medium, and heavy). The reduction is capped at skill level 500.

Wait, does this mean the higher the skill the shittier those attributes will get?
>>
>>14764713
Ano also said this:
>I've already said it before, but I think of feats as a roleplay element that the character starts off with, not as status enhancements.

Seems like a good change, because late-game stat increase feats don't feel like they do anything. Special actions might be more useful.
>>
I ate Vesda's corpse but nothing happened ? What gives ?
>>
Generally how long does it take after an update for custom to also be updated?
>>
File: 17.png (568KB, 1201x801px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
568KB, 1201x801px
What a pushover.
>>
>>14764946
Give it a minute then check your fire res. There's a limit to how much ingrained res you can get from corpses. 200(Normal# base, I think) for each attribute. Any more and nothing happens.

>>14764950
A week, two at most.
>>
File: 2016-02-14_184852.png (23KB, 1091x30px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-14_184852.png
23KB, 1091x30px
What's this? I dominated one of these things just for the hell of gene engineering but she used this attack while in dungeon.
>>
>>14765100
Looks like gauge release.
>>
>>14765100
Bisection? It's a gauge release attack. They differ based on the weapons

Scroll down: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Special_action_(Elona%2B)
>>
>>14765110
>>14765111
I see, thank you
>>
Does identifying them increase the price of skins sold at the PC's personal shop?
>>
I've put the 1.55 change log on the wiki.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_%28Elona%2B%29

I missed a few minor things in >>14764713 because the compiled list of changes on the wiki/in the shitaraba thread is slightly different, and because of the character limit. It should be more or less the same though.

For example:
>Increased the effectiveness of all aspects of necro remodel.
>You may want to turn on the minute display in the log in the game settings when you're doing [Sophia's] quest.
>>
>>14764713
A moment of silence for The Drunk Suika Ibuki.

RIP.
>>
>>14765312
Did something actually happen or do you think a lot of people are going to go hunt down Suika?

Also whats up with those names? Its always the same people day after day for years.
>>
Does the "It negates the effect of sleep" attribute only affects the sleep status mobs throw at you or also affects the Sleepy status that lets you dream?
>>
>>14765327
Its only for sleep status effect, not actual "been awake too long" sleepiness.
>>
>>14765312
You're killing citizens, not 2hus. The only thing different in 1.55 is that you don't personally shank him.

...I think?

>>14765327
Doesn't affect sleepy status as far as I know.
>>
>>14765330
Oh nice, I've been skipping so much good gear fearing that.
>>
>>14765325
>>14765335
I was referring to the fact that Alias voting system is going to be replaced.

Presumably this means you won't see that list of names there ever again (unless I'm wrong?)
>>
>>14763781
Especially in party time, it makes you the Kool-Aid Man

alternatively, use it in a challenge quest and blow up a city, then once you win everything turns back to normal.
>>
File: 2016-02-14_213216.png (412KB, 627x489px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-14_213216.png
412KB, 627x489px
For some reason the artwork for dr. Gavela appears as this one in my game, I can't help but laugh everytime.
>>
>>14764732
Think what they're saying is that the damage will be reduced if your skill in whatever armor category you're using, light, medium, or heavy, is shit.

From a role playing perspective it the interlocking shooting mechanism or proximity assist comes from your armor so knowing how to use your armor well leads it to being more effective.
>>
>>14765879
To be sure: Any skill level <500 grants a penalty to proximity assists?
>>
There's a bug in 1.55 that prevents bread racks from being used.

>>14765918
Protection from proximity assist. Probably.
>>
>>14765918
Not that anon but an alternative interpretation is that the enemies armor skill reduces the damage you do with prox and interlocking. The reduction being capped at 500. So we have your interpretation, his interpretation, and now mine. The wording of that change sure is ambiguous.
>>
>>14765971
Fuck, it also prevents bookshelves and potion racks from being used.

Time to put them on the ground like a peasant.
>>
>>14764713

>- During character creation, allowed selection of 1 skill in addition to the class and race. The selected skill will start at level 10. If it's a skill that isn't level 0 for the class or race, then 9 will be added to the starting level. It's similar to the TPRG ability systems.

The heck is this? Sounds intriguing if it's some unique skill and not just RP
>>
>>14764713
Will this be compatible with Elona Custom, or should I wait until Elona Custom updates?

The new feats sound intriguing.
>>
>>14765918
>>14764732
Edited the wiki's changelog.

>Made it so that equipment skill (light, medium, and heavy) protects from damage dealt by proximity assist and interlocking shooting mechanism enchantments. The damage reduction is capped at skill level 500.

Is this clearer now?
>>
File: 1415494241681.png (307KB, 349x334px) Image search: [Google]
1415494241681.png
307KB, 349x334px
>>14766040
>>
>>14766031
Wait and check in at Anna's Elona Custom Wikia post, she usually updates Custom to be compatible with the latest Elona+ release within a week or so.
>>
>>14766031
No, most likely not compatible. There's a lot of stuff in this update, so I wonder how long it'll take Anna.
>>
>>14766080
Ah, great. Waiting that long will be no problem.
>>
>>14764713
Why it's still 1.54 version on the japanese wiki?
>>
>>14766020
Never mind, I realized it just means that you get a small 10 level boost to whatever skill you want for a new character. Pretty useful to cover any holes when starting.
>>
>>14766020
Not sure how exciting this will be. It's possible that the selected is from a list of available skills in the game. So if your race and class combination doesn't grant you a skill that you want you can select it and it will start at 10. Pretty much saves you some platinum and time as you don't need to visit a skill trainer for said skill and it's been leveled up a bit.

Alternatively, if your race and class does have all the skills you want you can select from those skills and you can specialize in one of those skills adding 9 levels to it.
>>
>>14766130
Because nobody edited it. It's 6am monday morning or something in japan right now.

>>14766138
Yeah. Ano recommended picking skills that are available only from guild trainers.
>>
>>14766145
Ez pickpocket/whatever you're lacking or less hobo suffering for performers, it's nice.
>>
I'm only at level 8 gonna start from the beginning I think.
Only sad a little because I'll lost 3 godly items.
>>
>>14766217
If it's just for the skill bonus it's nothing relevant anon, 3 godly items at lv8 should be better, specially if you're the one who got the "be able to digest rotten food" attribute.
Then again a lot of people started from the beginning shortly after using their first character, I restarted when I hit lv.15 for example.
>>
>>14765993
>>14765971
Scratch that, I am now suddenly able to use bread racks again. I've no idea what happened.
>>
>>14766255
I'm thinking about picking up performance because it's kinda hard to level.
Also it's actually 2 godly items because 1 was from that treasure map that palmia king gives you. They are nothing good anyway.

About rotten food I haven't used it even once. And later there's a dragon ring with that attribute too.
>>
>>14766320
As long as they aren't precious you can pass them down with the "make a gene" option, can't you?
>>
I hope the extra races get expanded one day. I'd like to play as a dragon with interesting breathe abilities, or a more built-upon Asura.
>>
>>14766335
Don't like the idea that qt roran makes a gene with some filthy pet you know.
>>
>>14766358
>Little girl
>Filthy pet
>>
Is there any easy way to find potions of Cure Mutation? I keep getting mutated in my sleep and it's destroying all of my stats. I have like 3 perception now.
>>
>>14766378
Investing on magic vendors as soon as you can.
>>
>>14766378
Magic vendors in the towns carry them. Especially when they're invested in. A more permanent solution to your problem is to eventually get a fairy hat as that hat prevents mutations. Just wear said fairy hat before you go to bed.
>>
>>14766395
>>14766397
Should I invest in any particular magic vendor, or just all of them?
>>
>>14766400
The ones in the town you plan to build your house nearby. Palmia is the cookie cutter choice I think.
>>
>>14766353
>>14766353
I'd like to see God have crippling weakness/Overpowered buff in Ether winds and mutations. Like 1.) they have a racial feat that makes them randomly mutate and corrupt, 2.) The benefits+drawbacks of each mutation snd curse are twice as potent and last: They can't be killed by either ether or mutations.

By twice as potent, I mean that mutations that reduce AND increase res would see their effects doubled. Same for ether curses. The race would still be broken as shit but only if the player has stacks upon stacks of curecorrs and curemutes on hand with which to control their modifications.
>>
>>14766419
I'd like a system where gods develop based on their attributes and skills.

Eg: if you go tactics, you will gain abilities suited to a war god.
>>
Are random monster spawns that kill citizens a normal thing that happens? Or did I fuck up in some weird way. I didn't read a spellbook or anything like that.
>>
>>14766458
Someone drank from the well maybe
>>
>>14766458
Maybe someone's wearing cursed equipment that summons monsters. After the townsfolk respawn, try checking their inventory with pickpocket.
>>
>>14766458
>>14766458
Part of the new werewolf system. I too was freaked out when a lightning hound ravaged Yowyn out of nowhere.

Could also be a pet drinking from wells carelessly.
>>
>>14766483
Oh they respawn? That's good at least.

>>14766486
It wasn't a werewolf, but that now sounds scary...
>>
Why are the merchants in Kapul poorer than all the other ones even when they have high shop-ranks? Even the Yowyn merchants were at least upper-middle class when I first got there.
>>
>>14766521
Port towns are known for their booze and hookers. Perhaps the merchants are spending it all on that. I wouldn't be surprised if the gangsters in Derphy are leading to the downfall of Kapul.
>>
File: the only spell I use.png (46KB, 688x55px) Image search: [Google]
the only spell I use.png
46KB, 688x55px
Can enough casting eventually get this to high success, or am I stuck at %80 because of my shield?
>>
>>14766604
The shield is definitely holding you back. There might be other factors too such as if you're riding and armor heavier than light.
>>
>>14766677
Medium armor, not riding.

I'm wielding the shield of thorn and the shield tonfa, so I'm not surprised that I suck so much at casting.

Oh, well
>>
File: dyed statue.png (375KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
dyed statue.png
375KB, 816x638px
I feel like I should be doing more with this. I died it as fleshy as I could, but it isn't red enough.

I think I'll make a mini flesh chapel with the infected yerles soldier as a priest.
>>
>>14767283
>died
*dyed

am retard no judge please
>>
>>14766702
Dual wielding also reduces casting so 80% should be your cap.
>>
I just build i ranch but i realized i don't know how to place the livestock, can i place my little girl as a breeder and my other lower level little girl as the livestock? if so how?
>>
>>14768064
Can only set a breeder. Use the register there.
>>
>>14768201
So the breeder breeds himself? Thats kinky
>>
So I finally finished the beginners guide on the wiki. What should I do next?
>>
>>14768320
Now play the game.
>>
>>14768320
Do it faggot.
>>
Listen I start the game and there lots of good stuff that I want to get from those wandering adventures in Vernis. Do you think it's possible to trigger ragnarok and escape with a 2 level character? I wonder how I would be able to pick up stuff if monster will win the fight.
>>
>>14768372
Probably really tough unless you have a bunch of pets/a LOT of time on your hands, seeing as Ragnarok will only proc on hit (which means you need to tank an attack from a character 30x your level, probably capable of one-shotting you). Honestly, you're probably better off just throwing cursed alcohol at them until they vomit to death.
>>
>>14768372
Very much doubt it. Fire, titans, ogres, dragons, Etherwind. Just all around cataclysmic for a low level character.
>>
>>14768422
>>14768428
Do you think it's possible to get so much alcohol before they disappear?
What should I do I really want to rob them.
Trying to find summon monster rod in poppy cave.
>>
How can i know how deep i am in a dungeon?
>>
That's disgusting how boss cupid of love one shot you in puppy's 1 floor.
>>
>>14768475
i am level 17 and i have yet to clear that quest beacuse the fucking puppy keeps killing himself that little fucker.
>>
>>14768457
Bottom of your screen. Right before the strength icon(crossed swords).
>>
File: WOOF WOOF WOOF.png (755KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
WOOF WOOF WOOF.png
755KB, 816x638px
Slowly he is becoming a powerhouse, not now, not tomorrow, but soon.

Can't wait to give him a feathered Piledriver
>>
Have Party Time quests been changed lately? It seems several times harder now than before.
>>
File: church.png (382KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
church.png
382KB, 816x638px
Welcome to the Church of the Avaricous Maiden

I will change the sprites of my shopkeepers into fleshy abominations if possible.

Need an altar, but they're way too heavy so I'll have to get a rod of wishing.
>>
Do effects of 'extra melee attacks' stack?
>>
>>14768740

Yes. It usually have a rating with # symbols.
>>
>>14768751
Cool, I'll be stacking the smash tonfa and the meteor caestus then.
>>
File: ragnarok.png (241KB, 798x599px) Image search: [Google]
ragnarok.png
241KB, 798x599px
Is it possible to somehow wait until monsters disappear but all the goods is still there?
>>
>>14768808

No. Once the map reset to remove the monsters, the item will also be reset and disappears.
>>
>>14768825
No I don't want it I need to rob all the dead people.
I think I saw a 3d19 claymore there and 2d25 blunt.
>>
>>14768808
Getting hungry and have absolutely 0 food. Was trying to go to the kitchen to steal that bread there but there was a dragon so I had to retreat before he saw me.
>>
File: ragnarok1.png (354KB, 799x597px) Image search: [Google]
ragnarok1.png
354KB, 799x597px
I stole that bread after all and teleported away after dragon chased me. Reenter the town and was able to steal a nice robe.

Also there's some faglord who's walking there like nothing happened pretty sure he got one of those great swords that I saw. At least now I only have to watch until he's dead to pick it up.
>>
>>14768911
You stayed outside the whole time? That's a really short etherwind.
>>
>>14768936
No it was just really short.
>>
File: business money.png (466KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
business money.png
466KB, 816x638px
It seems downstairs of your house hold the same residents as upstairs, that will be annoying for my little sister shrine.

Oh, well.
>>
>>14768911
>>14768958
Thats some ghetto strats right there. NPCs don't pick up items so you don't have to worry about some mofo taking your "hard-earned" items, so you can be patient.
>>
File: foodless.png (267KB, 798x598px) Image search: [Google]
foodless.png
267KB, 798x598px
>>14769396
I ended up running away like a beaten whore after second ragnarok wave.

Also almost died from hunger. Only 10 hp left when I reached Palmia's baker.
>>
>>14769556
The hobo life is one of the most fun parts of Elona in my opinion.
>>
>>14769556
But hey, for that level, that coat is very excellent. Lightweight but good armor and great evasion values. It'll last you a decent amount I think.
>>
>>14769574
That 2d25 hammer was much better.
>>
File: want.png (388KB, 798x597px) Image search: [Google]
want.png
388KB, 798x597px
First time see godly items on adventures. How to steal?
He will probably kill me if I'll start throwing cursed alcohol at his face.
>>
>>14769681
Pickpocket but I doubt you can, best best is setting the city on fire I guess
>>
>>14769681

You cannot steal miracle and godly items if I recall correctly.
>>
>>14769681
Hire him and have him get rekt on some high-level dungeon/enemy?
>>
File: needs more stuff.png (372KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
needs more stuff.png
372KB, 816x638px
Shrine is coming along nicely. I copied the 'head' younger sister since she makes a good shrine maiden I guess? Not sure if underground blood rituals have those.

Needs more body parts, gonna go harass the mansion and maul a few hundred lv1 sisters

Also need a rod of wishing for an altar.

I wish I could get rid of the meshera beta and goose, but I can't because reasons.

Gonna give all the little sisters bloodsucking equipment so they start bleeding everywhere, just need to find some weak stuff
>>
>>14769731
Don't have so much gold. I left him and went back to Vernis but dragons is still there. Everything else is back to normal though.
>>
File: spooped.png (267KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
spooped.png
267KB, 816x638px
>>14769751
The entrance looks pretty spooky
>>
>>14769723
It's precious items that are impossible, but miracle and godly add an hefty penalty.

So unless you're very good at picking pockets, or your target is light jewelry, your best bet is to go straight to duel gloves.
>>
File: welcome home.png (478KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
welcome home.png
478KB, 816x638px
>>14769787
And some minor edits.

The milk is of little sister.
>>
What new feat do? It's called uncontrollable power.
>>
>>14769795

You're. . . You're scaring me.
>>
File: skeletongirl.png (281KB, 359x532px) Image search: [Google]
skeletongirl.png
281KB, 359x532px
>>14769787
Holy shit, that is pretty spoopy indeed.
Reminder : there's a skeleton inside every cute anime girl.
>>
>>14769799
There is nothing wrong with expressing the love of your god.
>>
File: welcome home.png (517KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
welcome home.png
517KB, 816x638px
Last picture I'll post.

Entrance to the entrance of the Little Girl Shrine
>>
Do you guys still use the speed ring or did you drop that ~20 speed for something else?
>>
>>14769977

Once I got a ton of speed of my own, I prefer something else with resistances.
>>
>>14769977
Speed boosting items seemed pretty useless after North Tyris
>>
>>14769997
>>14770010
Thank you, I have around 500 speed so I think it's time to let the speed ring go
>>
How do I get rid of dragons in Vernis now they still there.

Also I hired one adventure and after 2 dragons killed him nothing dropped as I thought.
>>
>>14770079
If you're willing to cheat hold backspace while entering in the town
>>
>>14770079
1. Nukes (everyone in Vernis will treat you as scum)
2. Alien Infestation (the alien overlords in Vernis will treat you as scum)
3. Backspace + Enter (everyone in this thread will treat you as scum)

Pick thy poison.
>>
I got a new modus operandi now that i got all god goodies i needed and can stick to kumiromi.
1) Use houzanha
2) Press F3 until everything is dead or until i'm at 120+stamina
3) Move to location where there is life to slay
4) Goto 1)
>>
>>14770105
There's just few of them left. I think I'll just let them do whatever they want. Nuking it would be annoying now.
>>
>>14770117
Houzanha actually kills things? I thought it was just a really fast way to mine stuff.
>>
>>14770327
He lets the pets do the dirty work after the majority of the walls have been crumbled.
>>
>>14770516
Speaking of dirty, dirty work...
>>
The fire blanket don't protect food from being cooked, though it does from destruction.
Bothering when you have a giant stack of acorns that suddently make you overweight.
>>
>>14770737
Cooler box. Or turn them into juice.
>>
>>14770737

get fire resist, you don't need blankets after you have enough
>>
File: 1448124503418.jpg (30KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1448124503418.jpg
30KB, 500x503px
>>14770783
... Of course !
Thank you, i automatically never used the cooler box because it was dead weight for me, but that is one handy use.
It even protects from hungry sea lions and others scavenger... The box got a permanent slot in my inventory now.
>>
>>14770806
I only got two slots...
As soon as i'm in south tyris, i'm grafting two hands for the element staff and kumiromi's scythe, promise.
>>
>>14770825
My back got axed thanks to a speed-enhancing ether disease.
>>
>>14770117
The slime and the statue make me feel like I'm really bad at this game.
>>
>>14771210
Just turn on wizard mode to boost your ego,
Or show them up with a no-pet, no wishing inferno mode run.
>>
Pets that you are riding also attack. Pascal is a based pet.
>>
>>14769818
Gruesome..
Makes me wish I waited till the palace came out before I started designing.
>>
Tfw you're now fast enough to easily catch bells but you don't need a ranged pet. Are bells ok at melee range? I'm kind of considering making it a martial artist or two-hander just to replace another unnecessary pet.
>>
>>14771318
I'd like to see some sort of upgrade to riding so there's a reason to use it lategame.
>>
>>14771662
As long you have something to not make them explode as soon they bleed or get poisoned.
>>
File: 1453293617699.png (29KB, 213x248px) Image search: [Google]
1453293617699.png
29KB, 213x248px
>>14771210
I know how you feel, those two did in a bunch of week what I achieved in various months.
>>
>>14771210
>>14772023
Hey now, that's not a competition.
If it was a competition, both the statue and me are but ants compared to the Chosen One anyway.
>>
File: 18.png (706KB, 1202x803px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
706KB, 1202x803px
This is it. GG.
>>
How to vote for suspicious person?
>>
>>14772103
He had a head start.
By a long long time.
>>
>>14772322
Unlimited cosmic power!
>>
>>14772103
He's an example of what you can accomplish with maximum cheesing. 15 herb gardens, tickets from summon spirit, 200 hours of medal grinding.

The medal grinding is something he hasn't mentioned recently. His overall strategy was to rush to South Tyris as soon as possible to get a Kumiromi statue, then duplicate those through sister rewards. Then he constantly went in and out of easy low level dungeons in hopes of getting small medals from the bosses. So rather than dungeon diving for medals at higher levels like a typical character, he did it at the beginning of the game to reach 2000 speed (relatively) quickly by keeping his dungeon level low. And all while he was doing that, he was getting herbed stats from collecting statues through the little sister quest. His play time nowadays isn't indicative of his early power, pretty sure he was killing gods at 300 hours in.
>>
>>14772547
Jesus christ.

I don't think I could ever play so optimally, my herb garden only has around 4~5 live bushes at a time thanks to attrition

At 300 hours I'll probably barely be scraping Karavika
>>
>>14772547
He went crazy farming 60 small medals for a single quaff of hermes blood? What's his IGN again? @Chosen one, wtf? Why? Also, multiple statues of Kumiromi have separate cooldowns? I could actually probably beat Zeome rn. Pity there's nothing for me in South Tyris just yet.
>>
File: everyday.png (63KB, 578x547px) Image search: [Google]
everyday.png
63KB, 578x547px
1 blessed Hermes potion equals 8 speed. 242 blessed Hermes potions are needed to get to 2000 speed based of a standard character with 70 speed. One Hermes potion costs 60 medals. That leaves us with 14520 small medals to get them all. Even if you count all the static small medals in, this is just insane. Go figure how many small medals you get from low level dungeon bosses. Truly the king of grind.
>>
>>14772600
Probably why he doesn't use gene inheritance even though he's basically beaten all the content in the game and could steamroll anything new. He'd probably quit if he tried to start the grind from the beginning all over again. Who wouldn't?
>>
File: elona_2016-02-15_20-00-37.png (463KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
elona_2016-02-15_20-00-37.png
463KB, 816x638px
Umm...... Wat?

Is an Elona+ thing or something?

Wat?
>>
File: eye of the storm.png (762KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
eye of the storm.png
762KB, 816x638px
Do interlocking shooting mechanisms work with melee attacks, or does it only proc on ranged attacks?

For maximum firepower I gave my little girl the smash tonfa + meteor caestus + some wing artifact with shooting mechanisms
>>
>>14772600
Well, the first 800 speed are APable
>>
>>14772650
Only ranged, there's the equivalent for meelee, support assist I think it's called.
>>
>>14772588
More like do the math: blessed pots of hermes blood give 8 speed; he probably needed at least 1600 speed to reach his cap (he never used AP I don't think). So, 1600/8 = 200. 200 bottles for 60 medals each = 12000 medals. And that's at maybe 2 medals per dungeon.

And yes, Kumi statues have separate cooldowns, so you're talking at least 2 herb seeds ever 120 game hours. If you have lots of statues, that's a lot of herbs.
>>
>>14772649
Maybe you've imported a custom NPC or something? I never saw a yukkuri
>>
>>14772685
How much AP do you get when you only visit low level dungeons for easy medal farming? Then again he could get his 800 AP and then reset his danger level for dungeons. But they guy above us hasn't said anything about AP.
>>
>>14772600
Don't worry, there's also speed uppers!

That would cut it down to at least 10,000+. And you can increase your speed (very, very, very slowly) through eating herbs.
>>
>>14772696
Can that happen from going into Moon Gates? because I haven't installed any mods except Custom.
>>
>>14772716
I think it can if you use summoning crystals.
>>
>>14772691
Damn, I've already given my ranged pet the Wings of Vesda. Oh, well.
>>
File: 2016-02-15_212336.png (669KB, 1264x798px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-15_212336.png
669KB, 1264x798px
I apparently dominated a hydra of a big sister
>>
>>14772747
Why so many heads?
>>
>>14772747
Big Sister are mutant race. Not really surprising.
>>
>>14772728
I didn't use any of those, they just spawned. Can I safely get rid of any custom npc by reinstalling, or are they in save files?
>>
>>14772754
She's a mutant
>>
>>14772694
>>14772707
Actually you can cheese the speed uppers with summon spirit - party time as well, and I actually think it's faster than doing dungeons. It also has the benefit from levelling summon spirit so it ramps up in speed, as well as prepping you for grinding other ticket items like hero cheeses and magic fruit. The only thing you really need is enough gold to supply you with wonder scrolls, and you can do that with occasional dungeon diving.
>>
>>14772869
>summon spirit
The cheese is summon -> Ensemble then meteor for exp, right?
>>
>>14772927
Oh, I'm not the Kai guy, I'm a different anon. But I think he liked to farm exp with summon spirits and meteors. I was just mentioning the music ticket farming method could be applied to speed uppers instead of farming hermes blood, simply because I think it's much faster and less RNG. Also a bit more tedious.
>>
>>14772927
It's two different things.

For exp, just summon+meteor.

For tickets, summon+love potion+alchemical rain in a party time quest. This lets you please the spirits regardless of your performing level. Be sure to keep the uniques characters alive for their multipliers, but feel free to kill non-named NPCs.
>>
>>14772947
Best to do it in part times, right?
>>
For exp, best would be to do it in a player Dungeon, because they are huge. You want as many spirits as possible.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeon
>>
>>14773002
How high do I need to level my vendors before I can buy a deed?
>>
>>14773010
Pretty sure I've seen them after level 100, no doubt you can get them at lower levels. You can also visit the embassy near Palmia, a merchant sells various deeds there. The bigger job is getting enough scrolls of wonder to build your spell stock of meteor and summon spirits. This is why you need to invest in magic vendors.
>>
File: farms.png (2MB, 1599x1202px) Image search: [Google]
farms.png
2MB, 1599x1202px
>>14772547
That's pretty much the gist of it. I also opened up the void early and did my skill training there instead of dungeons. I still do that to this day. I used the dungeons mainly for medal farming and big daddy farming. Even now I have my dungeons at a low level relative to my character to keep taking advantage of the above and now for gold and Nefia core farming. Haven't crossed the lv 600 threshold. My farming operations have expanded greatly because I'll be feeding an army of pets. Kumi would be happy at least.

I don't take credit for the strategies I use though. All the strategies I've used have been stuff talked about in these threads since I started lurking way back when. I like to think of my character as a byproduct of said discussions and a realization of said strategies. So I'm really thankful to anon for the information shared. I remember I got my pet growing strategies from an anon that shared his/her golden knight named Saber. She was a rarity because at that time I didn't think any pet could have stats in the 500 range. I also remember getting advice from an anon with a very powerful putit. As for spirits, tickets, leveling, and just the strategies to ascend my character, I can thank the anon with the fairy called Torte Shortbread. From a RP perspective I like to think of that fairy as my character's mentor.

To the players intimidated by other players the only thing that really separates you from them is just knowledge of game mechanics. Don't worry, if you stick around long enough you'll grow powerful as you learn the game. I would know, I came from your group and admired the strong characters I saw when I first started playing.

>>14772586
Attrition will go down if you have high enough gardening and try to do your planting/harvesting in the rain. At 700 or so gardening I only lose like 5-7 of my plants on a farm so my yields are pretty big. The scissors help but I think having high gardening is more important. When I got the scissors I didn't really need them at that point. I was still getting pretty impressive yields without them.
>>
File: qkjhgjerh.png (595KB, 688x831px) Image search: [Google]
qkjhgjerh.png
595KB, 688x831px
>>
>>14773318
Geez
>>
>>14773318
Truly dwarven armor.
>>
>>14773278
Wasn't "Talented Hedonist" here a few threads ago?
>>
>>14773358
Maybe. I think he took a bit of a break from Elona after killing all the gods. He did say that he was interested into looking into rolling a new character that might focus on magic device and necromancy. He may have posted in threads prior asking about those skills and recent changes to Elona since his break.
>>
Where are PCC's with big tiddies? I got all the ones from the resources listed.

I need the tiddy.
>>
Are Mage guild members good caster pets?
>>
File: 1344979642670.gif (2MB, 428x240px) Image search: [Google]
1344979642670.gif
2MB, 428x240px
What am i supposed to do about Ether Disease? I have yet to find a cure corruption potion and i keep getting more and symptoms.
>>
>>14774318
Go play blackjack and win 4 or 5 in a row.

Works best on Lucky Day.

Easiest way to get lucky day (other than by sheer luck) is to buy blessed foods that you see and eat them. Or cook shit from your farms and eat the blessed stuff.
>>
>>14774233
Depends on their spell lineup. Can't see why you can't fix it if there is a problem with it though.
>>
So I noticed that the generated dungeons change level based on your farthest level reached. So how do you stay ahead of the curve and not just keep constantly dying in dungeons? Should I be grinding in some other way?
>>
>>14774318
What >>14774368 said, and you aren't walking about in the etherwind, are you?

Ether disease shouldn't be too bad a problem even in the beginning.

Consider sticking around towns and don't be in the middle of nowhere when etherwind is going to start. If not, try to get a shelter at home and then use a return scroll ASAP, or get the fishing skill and stock up on baits, and start fishing before it even starts, all the way till it ends.

>>14774529
Try finding an easier dungeon that's significantly easier than the lowest floor cleared to avoid making the counter even higher. If you have the opatos statue, it generates a bunch of easy dungeons for you. Once in south tyris, you can reset the lowest floor at the oblivion palace if need be.

Maybe also grind some plats to keep your skill potentials high?
>>
>>14774368
That worked, thanks.
>>14774557
I have tried to avoid etherwind as much as i can, but the effect still stack in the long run. The problem is that it kills my Charisma, and i'm trying to keep a ranch and a few pets i have for gen-engineering.
>>
>>14774678
If you do the main quest, you get a Cure Corruption as one of the early rewards. You can also marry one of your pets and get a potion of Cure Corruption there too.
>>
File: elona_2016-02-16_03-33-58.png (334KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
elona_2016-02-16_03-33-58.png
334KB, 816x638px
>toilet

What should I wish for?
>>
>>14774728
Seven League Boots, Happy Bed, Miromi, Potion of Evolution, Astral Pen, Scroll of Flying, Scroll of Attribute, etc
>>
Requesting the god chart please.
>>
File: 1451527846348.jpg (2MB, 2999x1614px) Image search: [Google]
1451527846348.jpg
2MB, 2999x1614px
>>14774967
>>
>>14774997
Thanks i always forget to save it.
>>
>>14774997
Yacatect section when?
>>
Does increasing will for pets increase their healing rain's strength?
>>
File: gimme dat piledriver.png (243KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
gimme dat piledriver.png
243KB, 816x638px
Holy shit, I got an ultra-weak Yerleswood to pound on and steal a piledriver from
>>
File: LUCK++++.png (444KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
LUCK++++.png
444KB, 816x638px
>>14775343
WOO

Now I need 9 or so feather scrolls so I can make either my dog or little girl dual-wield it

Fuck yeah, void diving
>>
File: stones.png (563KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
stones.png
563KB, 816x638px
>>14775346
So close, need around 3~4 more
>>
>>14775359
Do scrolls of flying autosave on use?

I need to know for... reasons.
>>
>>14775409
Yes.
>>
File: shiver.png (459KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
shiver.png
459KB, 816x638px
Whelp, pretty much getting these artifacts thrown at me. The void is a magical place.
>>
>>14775501
How much do i have to grind to get that hax? i am level 18 and i still cant reach the floor 16 of lesimas dungeon whitout being onehited by someting in the floor 15.
>>
>>14775598
You need 75 small medals for a license of void explorer, and enough firepower to take down level-inflated enemies.

I got the piledriver at around level 40 of the void, I'm lucky Yerleswood was underpowered, because the fullpower version would grind me to paste.
>>
>>14775631
And whats the easies way to find small medals?
>>
>>14775679
The easiest would be finding the medals hidden about the various static locations with a guide, otherwise I think your best bet is clearing randomized dungeons.
>>
Thread is about to 404. Would someone kindly prepare the next OP? I'm afraid I will be asleep when it passes.
>>
What is your opinion about save-scumming in this game?
>>
>>14775741

Pointless. Might as well cheat engine if you are going to cheat.
>>
>>14775741
Do if you want, or don't, it's the whole point.
>>
>>14775741
After save scumming for a while I decided to start a new game because it's just boring and pointless as someone said above. Also reroll everything is no fan at all. It's even more stupid grind than anything in game.

Also wish they do a better no save scum mod.
>>
>>14775800
They have a no savescumming mod in the game. It penalizes you pretty heavily for exiting in an unconventional fashion. On another note, it blows when your game crashes for whatever reason, but that's beside the point.

The new Run Wildry feat skill is actually pretty nice for melee classes I've noticed. Gives you cleave, strength, speed, and fury, and the only downside is confusion, but you can technically just use shadowstep to target what you want anyways.
>>
>>14774201
The Euploader definitely has the one you're looking for. Only in light-skin though, which is a shame if you wanted to make some kyonyuu dark elves. Don't know the page but I have definitely seen it.
>>
I've never been so excited for future Elona releases. New feats! I hope they continue to add more feats after replacing the stat-increasing feats.

I wonder if it's possible for them to add in a true 'undead' feat only obtainable at the start, where you have strong base resists all around but you take damage from healing spells/items.
>>
This version has so many adventures. Every city I go there's at least few of them.
>>
File: shield of thorn.png (419KB, 797x597px) Image search: [Google]
shield of thorn.png
419KB, 797x597px
Uh oh so much want it.
>>
>>14775925
It's always good to carry a Dueling Glove for occasions like this.

Has anyone tried running Elona Custom 1.54.2 with Elona+ 1.55? It would be nice if it was possible to pull in at least a portion of it, like being able to leave Harvest Time early or divide gold among pets after Ensemble that works on any Elona+ update.
>>
>>14775936
This is why we have the auto-backup script.
>>
File: thorn.png (415KB, 798x597px) Image search: [Google]
thorn.png
415KB, 798x597px
>>14775936
I can't duel him in such a straight way he's too strong.

Gave him my blood sucking ring for his broken sword but he's not dying.
>>
>>14775945
Monsters I summon is too weak too. He deal around 400 damage with one hit to them.
>>
>>14775945
Try swapping all of his equipment with oracle scrolls?
>>
>>14775980
Sadly I have only 2.
>>
>>14775990
Get rid of his weapons

Give him doomed/cursed ale
>>
Hello best general, I wanted to ask you people a question I couldn't find in the pastas.

I recently lost my Elona save, because Elona wasn't in my rogue like folder and I forgot to back it up before a system restore.

A lot of time passed since I played that file and I can'r remember shit, but I remember I was playing Elona mostly for the "gestional" things like farming, gene engineering, trading, having a shop and a museum etc...

I was probably a Farmer, but anyway does anyone have a good guide to get back fast into having a farm with huge farming skill and getting back to my old save as soon as possible? I think I started blowing up the two shit heads in the cave with a nuke, and I had a shield tonfa and something else bought with medals.

What''s the fastest way to make a real power gamey character? I kinda want to have ridiculous numbers in every thing, it's an awesome rogue like to power play in.
>>
>>14776009
You're best off asking a dude who's character is named Kai if you want the grindiest of grinding strategies.
>>
>>14776009
>gestional

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>14776009
There's no real shortcut to be honest, only more or less efficient grinding.
>>
>>14776009

>>14772547
>>14772600
>>14773278
>What''s the fastest way to make a real power gamey character?
If you can handle that though.

For the farmer instead I think starting as a pianist and then going to Yowyn as soon as you can is the best thing you can do. There you learn farming and spam every The Harvest Time quest to very quickly boost your skill and STR. While you wait for the quest to refresh you spam performing so you can reach lv30 performer quickly and have a nice income of platinum coins and gold, which are useful for getting all the skills quickly and starting to manage your farm early since you also have many seeds by the time you get the farm.

I don't think you can use the nuke trick anymore.
>>
>>14775699
I've got it ready, senpai. I won't make it till a bit later, though.
>>
>>14776223
You can.
>>
Bells of termination are tempting to use as pets
>>
Do only Varunas give Little girls arms? I can't find the list of creatures that give little girls extra arms. I've already tried Mutants, Mitras and Asuras.
>>
Finally got alchemical rain, what's the best way to use it in the mansion of the younger sister? Set stuff on fire?
>>
>>14776446
Only varunas and up give extra hands (at least for the asura tree). Don't think anything has two set of arms, though, you might wanna try finding the perfect mutant or big sister if you're going for that.
>>
>>14776770
Shit replied to the wrong person.

>>14776401
Meant to reply to you
>>
>>14776401
>>14776770
Maybe "Hand of" type enemies.
>>
>>14776775
I already used a Varuna for an arm. Can I still use a second?
>>
does perception make your sight radius larger? i think i saw someone claim that somwhere. also any starter monsters other than troll who can give tailoring/carpentry, need me some slave labor nike cloths asap
>>
>>14776899
Ents can give Carpentry. So can Cyclops.
>>
Elona Thread is consumed by darkness.
Thread posts: 488
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.