[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is this man and what does he want?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: mystery man.jpg (83KB, 496x331px) Image search: [Google]
mystery man.jpg
83KB, 496x331px
Who is this man and what does he want?
>>
ZUN the ruler of the new world. He demands your soul.
>>
He's a man with a silly hat that draws girls with silly hats.
>>
File: Zun2.jpg (111KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Zun2.jpg
111KB, 600x800px
>>14728928
Booze.
All of it.
>>
File: ZUNandsuika.jpg (321KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ZUNandsuika.jpg
321KB, 576x1024px
>>14728928
His name is ZUN and he likes beer.
>>
>>14728928
His name is Robert Paulson.
>>
>>14730124
man also enjoys little girls made of fluff
>>
>>14728928
His name is Tatoutaffé Kabossémamoto.
His goal is to open a brewery.
>>
>>14730152
>His goal is to open a brewery.
How far off do you think he is with all his 2hu money? Allthough now he pays for family.

I wonder if he will eventually make beer and sell it along with his games/cd's at comiket.
>>
>>14730163
I don't know how it works in Japan, but in my country, he wouldn't be able to open one easily. Not only he needs money, but there are also a shitload of laws about alcohol regulation.
>>
>>14730177
A man who cant draw for shit has made various iconic characters.
I think he will be fine, at this point he is probably more passionate about beer than games.
>>
>>14730184
>various iconic characters
Among a very niché community that only get normie recognition because of how often it get ripped off by others franchise (Kancolle, Monhun, Neptunia...)
If weebstuff is a rabbit hole, Touhou is at the bottom of it, in the darkest, dampest places.
>>
>>14730193
>If weebstuff is a rabbit hole, Touhou is at the bottom of it, in the darkest, dampest places.
Hardly.
2hu isnt that obscure. Especially with all the content made for it, eventually someone wil lwonder what all this fanart is from and then find Touhou.
You could argue it's secondary content making it known, but it's still something that came from Zun's work.
>>
>>14730202
Given how many people give the feeling of actually never having played the game, if we start distinguishing between primaries and secondaries, we'll never be done.

Anyway, all the secondary stuff doesn't go into ZUN's pocket, so even if he's famous and has a lot of influence, that doesn't necessarily means he's rich.
>>
>>14730211
>all the secondary stuff doesn't go into ZUN's pocket
How so?
I figured all the fumo's, figures, etc all gave him royalties or something?
How wouldnt he get money from things sold using the characters he made?
I can understand doujins, but some stuff is on a different level and he should be getting paid for that.
Now I feel kinda bad for him.
>>
>>14730220
>I figured all the fumo's, figures, etc all gave him royalties
You absolutely sure 'bout that, matey? Japan ain't working like the States do, fo' sure, I don't know if there ain't no royalties in ZUN's pocket, but I ain't buying it 'cause it's Japan.
>>
>>14730220
>tfw when you've never directly contributed to ZUN's finances
>>
>>14730290
>mfw I consider myself a True Fan™ because I finished all Touhou games
>never actually bought any
Ouch, my ego.
>>
>>14730290
I bought a volume of Forbidden Scrollery while in Japan, so I guess I have. I haven't even finished a single game though.
>>
File: ZUN.png (450KB, 640x957px) Image search: [Google]
ZUN.png
450KB, 640x957px
We should thank alcohol.
>>
>>14730305
I have to live in this shithole, Moldova (can you find it on the map?) so importing the games is a crazy 1st world luxury for me
>>
>>14730457
Near Ukrainia? Hey, stay optimistic, at least you're not flooded with refugees, unlike Germany.
>>
>>14730290
I have, I own 5 of the games so far.
But the downside is I am contributing to his liver failure.
>>
>>14730479
It's not too bad actually, I like it and it's my homeland, but Westerners really have a lot of money to spend on stupid things and they think it's completely normal, including spending money on random homeless refugees. If 2hu wasn't pirated I dont know if I'd ever become a player.
>>
>>14730534
Same here, but not because of money, more like I'd rather buy games I can get at the local video game shop.
As for the rest, well, that's because Europeans are secretly arrogant and believe they're fated to help other people. I personally always found that extremely obnoxious and a know-it-all jerk behaviour, but you can't change people that easily.
Anyway, this is a bit off-topic, let's get back to ZUN's drinking problem.
>>
>>14730554
Hell, if it was available locally I might have bought it, actually I just looked at shipping costs and it's not as scary expensive as I'd thought. If I start playing any of the games seriously for score I'll try importing it.

>As for the rest, well, that's because Europeans are secretly arrogant and believe they're fated to help other people. I personally always found that extremely obnoxious and a know-it-all jerk behaviour, but you can't change people that easily.
I'm European too you know! ^^ We just come in different shapes and sizes. But yeah, I agree.

Oh right, beer. I've never played a game drunk. Maybe Lunatic is only impossible as ZUN says when you're drunk.
>>
>>14730589
I tend to be able to play better with a drink or two but there's a fine line of that before I start messing up on sections I usually have no problem with
>>
>>14730152
>Tatoutaffé Kabossémamoto.
I thought he was Jemamoto Kaderate.
>>
>>14731318
My niggah Taka Takata.
>>
>>14728928
He is a god
He wants to consume all beer in this world

>>14730124
Holy shit
A picture of ZUN without beer
Delete this now
>>
>>14731345
>implying that Suika doesn't have booze inside her
>>
>>14731406
Holding a loli containing alcohol doesn't mean you're holding alcohol.
>>
>>14728928
beer 2hu when?
>>
>>14731495
ZUN drew one last year iirc.
>>
>>14730226
Why wouldn't he get royalties? He owns Touhou. Doujin works are one thing, but companies like GSC aren't doing shit without his involvement.
>>
>>14731409
Whereas holding a cup holding alcohol means you're holding alcohol?

Fuck off.
>>
>>14730152
>>14731318

Get back to cable6/acrimonie frogs.
>>
>>14731535
Japan laws are different, my little americano-centered newfriend. You can't just sue and shoot people because you feel like it.
>>
>>14731511
Several years ago.
>>
File: 349px-Beerko6.png (323KB, 349x600px) Image search: [Google]
349px-Beerko6.png
323KB, 349x600px
>>14732287
>>
>>14728928
Question is does he blaze it?
>>
>>14730226
A while ago on Twitter he expressed an interest in getting royalties for doujin works sold online. That was quite a while ago, i'm not sure if anything came of it.
>>
>>14730211
>so even if he's famous and has a lot of influence, that doesn't necessarily means he's rich.

How do you think people find out about the games?
100,000 people see IOSYS or something, and then perhaps 10,000 pick up the games. Zun can then make money selling the games to them.
How many copies does he sell of each game?

>>14730534
Man, I'd kill for original copies of the pc98 games.
Fucking relics those are.
>>
File: L24cy.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
L24cy.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>14731542
wow
>>
>>14730220
Japan laws don't work like they do in the US. Much less on a doujin circle.
>>
>>14739084
The only thing he has ever enforced in terms of copyright/trademark was the rights to the name "Touhou Project" some random person was going to buy for his own profit. I don't recall the exact details however.

Other than that, anyone can do anything. Like say, selling touhou merchandise and keeping all the profit.
>>
Sometimes I fantasise about sharing a queue in an airport or something like that with ZUN and then quietly singing or whistling on one of his pieces of music and then wondering what his reaction would be...
>>
>>14739535
ZUN would enter a bloodlust with such intensity that you would be raped so hard that your anus would become a permanent portal to Gensokyo.
>>
>>14739559
Sounds kind of exciting yet rather scary... :S
>>
>>14728928
Why do people keep posting this decade old picture of him? He is way older by now.
>>
money
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.