[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 488
Thread images: 88

File: From Pixiv.png (4KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
From Pixiv.png
4KB, 384x384px
Don't settle for the vanilla assets, people; it's really easy to mod your game! Use the ElonaUploader as well! Feel free to ask for help ITT

Wiki: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
Previous thread: >>14667190

(Slightly outdated) pastebin: http://pastebin.com/T2RCwdh8

Elona+ 1.54 is out:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:19997

Most recent Elona Custom Version (compatible with Versions of Elona+ up to 1.54): http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:17104

Vanilla Elona: http://homepage3.nifty.com/rfish/index_e.html

-----

Custom Assets

ElonaUploader:http://www.elonaup.x0.com/sozai/

Anon's extra sprites:
http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/ssjonr.bmp (embed)

http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/fshbmg.bmp (embed)

A collection of custom body parts you can use for your PC and pets. About 60MB in size (696 files) when extracted (Great to download, just extract everything to the pcc folder, will overwrite from pcc_x_1, be warned.)

If someone could re-host this that would be great: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfjnqpzx7ej4em2/Elona%20-%20Graphic%20Packs.zip?dl=0

Don't forget Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/tags.php?tag=elona

There are more results if you type in 'Elona Pixiv to your search tool of choice.'

Don't forget to make threads before they fall off the catalog, lads.
>>
>>14694626
>>14694642
Could have waited a bit.

>>14694321
>Now I have to try it.
Hope you're not melee.
>>
>>14694746
Auto-sage and it was falling off the catalog. No point, really. Is it even necessary to update the pastebin, really? Is there anything in it that will cause problems for new players that do the right thing if it's left-as is?
>>
So for Ranching the main strategy is buy a bunch of deeds and stack them full of high breeding score pets, right? I heard Chickens could be used for the purpose but I have no idea where to find them. I also considered Putits since apparently they have a high score but how could I catch Putits/Chickens/Sheep etc without obliterating them? Even low level pets are unreliable for the purpose.
>>
File: 47787623_p6_master1200.jpg (298KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
47787623_p6_master1200.jpg
298KB, 840x525px
>>14694791
1. Puppy Cave
2. Rod of Domination/the spell Domination

On another note, why do I find one big daddy in every dungeon but not one book of Rachel no.3. Infuriating.
>>
>>14694791
There is a feat you can take that gives you a special action that will leave the target at 1 HP without killing them. I forget the name of it though. Knock out or something.
>>
>>14694933
I considered it but it seemed too niche. Like wouldn't it be a better use of my points to spend them on evasion or dodge or something?
>>
>>14694940
Don't spend feats on dodge and the like. Skills like evasion and attributes like constitution are fairly easy to level. Life, mana, stamina, luck and special actions like cheer are things you should get.
>>
>>14694940
It's ultimately up to your decision.

I prefer to spend feats on things you cannot otherwise get (through grinding).

It does become rather useless later on once you have large stocks / high levels in the Domination spell or if you're rolling in medals that you can buy rods of domination with, but in the early-mid game I relied on it a lot so I can use monster balls.
>>
>>14694978
Yeah, I was thinking: "WTF, putits and chickens are worth charges on the rods? Aren't they super precious? WTF?" but if you can farm hundreds of wands in the late game then maybe it's not worth the frustration. I was incredulous because I've only so far gotten Domination from a single spellbook that I can't read and dreams.
>>
Can you sell cargos at your own shop? I've dropped a cargo of piano at my shop a while ago and it's still there.
>>
>>14694810
Book no.3 has a really weird spawn rate. I only found one when I was already in south Tyris
>>
Listen what you guys think about playing not a default race? Is it even worse than savescumming? Or it depends on certain race?
>>
>>14694810
>>14695008

No.1 is the one I'm having trouble getting.
>>
I had a miracle paper speed ring that I rerolled into titanium. The vendor price for the former was about 4k, but the latter sells for only 1 gp.

It's probably an overflow, but will it also sell for 1 gp in the shop?
>>
>>14695012
Depends on the race, I think. A good amount of them are more powerful than the default races, but in the end no one really cares, just play the race you think you would enjoy.
>>
>>14695089
Some of them may look strong but actually many of them lack body parts or have a high speed stat which is bad?
>>
>>14694753
the only thing that ever changes is the version numbers

The dropbox link is static, so that's never an issue. The most that'd have to get updated regularly is the elona custom links, unless anna makes a static dropbox for them eventually.
>>
>>14694988
Usual tip: late game don't use medals for dom rods. Use them for Hermes blood. For spell farming (except combat spells) mass buy and bless scrolls of wonder. They're relatively common at 100-150+ level magic vendors. Goods (or general, I never remember) also sell them.

>>14694993
Cargo should only be sellable at traders.

>>14695081
Never heard of prices overflowing. Have you identified it?
>>
0-4 goblin
5-9 golem
dubs fairy
trips snail
>>
File: MP Breath.png (479KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
MP Breath.png
479KB, 801x601px
>>14694940
I agree with other anons that there are feats that are probably more important to take sooner than others. If you're going to be in Elona for a very long time I wouldn't worry too much about feats though. It's possible to get all of them through leveling and then just repeatedly wishing for miromi. There is probably better things to wish for later but hey, I'm just saying it's possible.

I kind of like the knockout feat myself. Since you can get enemies to 1 HP it's a great feat to soften up high level enemies for a low powered pet to swoop in and kill for AP farming. This may be a good alternative in some situations as tagging yourself to a very slow pet might be dangerous. If you don't run with pets yeah skip it but if you do run with pets you might want to consider it.

On a side note I didn't know a player could get MP Breath. Learn something everyday. Neat.
>>
File: 1430140859271.jpg (115KB, 600x937px) Image search: [Google]
1430140859271.jpg
115KB, 600x937px
>>14694626
>Newfag to this game and would wanna try it
Does it run on linux distributions ?
>>
Can a Wizard use guns? If yes its better than short sword or staves?.
>>
>>14695315
The langauge it's written in (HSP) does have an unofficial Linux port, but I can't imagine the Windows version working natively in Linux.

Give it a try and find out.
>>
>>14695338
Guns go in the range slot and doesn't really compete with short swords or staves.

And to answer your question yes you can use guns.

For melee combat a heavy weapon with the Two-hand skill or two light weapons with the dual wield skill are probably optimal.
>>
File: 30919456.jpg (654KB, 826x1049px) Image search: [Google]
30919456.jpg
654KB, 826x1049px
Poor younger sister. I just wanted to improve my performer skill. Sadly my Panzerfaust X was right next to the piano in the inventory.
>>
what's the recommended living weapon upgrades for south tyris(aside from res)? i just got lvl 10 on my only living weapon and it's full of elemental dmg.

are there strong weapons that can be looted which aren't precious and living?
>>
>>14695354
I see, thank you, in your experience then for a wizard its better to have dual wield than a single hand stave/short sword and a shield?
>>
>>14695422
Light armor = better casting, so if you want to go wizard you should dualwield two light weapons. At around 14s equipment weight, your equipment and armor is classified as medium armor. It's difficult to wield a devastating hammer or claymore and stay below 14s for better casting as a wizard. I'm currently dualwielding two staves for the occasional melee and one a sniper to take potshots at low level enemies.
>>
>>14694810
>you don't need to weaken monsters to dominate them
i've been knocking them out before i dominate them all this time. i have a lot of monsters in the doujou saved up for gene engineering.

thanks
>>
>>14695315
It runs fine enough on WINE. Only issues are non-working bgm and crashes when closing the game.
>>
>>14695560
Have you tried custom music or is the issue something more fundamental, do you think?
>>
FYI to aspiring martial artists: monsters are going to be leaving puke EVERYWHERE when you attack them. Consider that before committing to it.
>>
>>14695581
You mean vomit? All over the place?
>>
>>14695573
No BGM no errors.
>>
>>14695012
I personally don't really care. A lot of them are missing a lot of equipment slots which is a huge disadvantage imo. Luckily you can get that fixed in the game eventually but it's annoying. The only things of note about some of the debug races is starting speed and attribute bonus. Things that may make the start of the game easier but nothing any of the vanilla races can't achieve eventually(high attributes, high speed). Also you may be missing out on special racial feats/advantages by picking a debug race. Also INI values may be high for some of the debug races which is a big drawback for earning AP. Definitely some things to consider if you go into debug races thinking that you'll have an edge over vanilla races.
>>
>>14695600
You mean that you prefer no-bgm? This post was very confused to me.
>>
Well, for whatever it's worth, the god race is god-tier for role-play. Not that I would ever do such a thing but still.
>>
>>14695422
Early on it's better to use a shield. I suggest saving up medals to get the Shield Tonfa from the workshop.

What weapon type you use in the main hand is inconsequential (since you won't be relying on it for attacks much), just make sure it's not too heavy if you want the light weight casting bonus, then pick whatever weapon gives you the best bonuses.

If you worship Itzpalt the staff you get is really solid for casters. Most people prefer to put it in the ranged slot solely for its bonus, but if you will use a gun then just equip it normally in the hand.

Later on when you have less trouble with survivability, dual wielding or two hand would definitely do a lot more damage than using a shield.
>>
>>14695634
>>14695422
>Early on it's better to use a shield.
Sorry, I meant to say claw.

Shield Tonfa doesn't count as a shield and so it won't mess with your casting success rate.
>>
>>14695588
>>14695581

that's my fetish.
>>
>>14695609
no, bgm causing crashes.
>>
File: overflow.png (297KB, 630x413px) Image search: [Google]
overflow.png
297KB, 630x413px
>>14695198
I looked around a bit and it seems like overflow.

>A rubynus panty with 1d39, sells hits the overflow in the regular shop and sells for 1 GP. Sell t hem in your player shop. Overflow is ignored. Materials for panties are NOT that rare. So you can make vast numbers of them.

Guess I'll pop it in the shop, then.

>>14695581
Sounds awesome.
>>
>>14695666
Ah well, good thing for Spotify and Youtube.
>>
>>14695674
>overflow
Huh. Aside from early game when I don't have shop, I never sell equipment to vendors. Guess that's why I never saw it before.
But hey, good for you, it should sell for quite a bit.
>>
File: ohboy.png (364KB, 1250x763px) Image search: [Google]
ohboy.png
364KB, 1250x763px
oh boy.
>>
>>14695778
Could have been worse!
I always get fucking cluster bomb+ blobs.
>>
Is it better to give equipment that grants a chance for an additional attack to dual wielders or to two-handers?
>>
>>14696108
i got speed stuff on me and my guys and no res so i get wrecked pretty hard by nightmare and blind. time to get ap for some speed so i can get res stuff.
>>
>tfw ugly pet stole your gold after you've killed gold bell
>>
File: 1438673976549.jpg (63KB, 572x497px) Image search: [Google]
1438673976549.jpg
63KB, 572x497px
>>14696407
Try to forgive your pet. Pet wants to get enough money to afford training. Pet probably thinks master will stop abusing it if it gets better at something.
>>
>>14696407
This looks familiar, where's it from?
Also, unless you're saving up for something in particular, it might be better for your pet to have gold than for you to.
>>
>>14696407
What >>14696664 said.
You can easily make money in other ways. Get lucky in cooking two or three steaks and you'll earn more than you would from a bell. Also pets benefit from gold a lot more than you.
>>14696664
Non Non Biyori. Frowning girl is Renge, that's all I know.
>>
File: Training.png (2MB, 1343x640px) Image search: [Google]
Training.png
2MB, 1343x640px
Friendly reminder that proper training and good parenting of the little girl produces the left side of the picture while shitty training and and bad parenting produces the useless piece of shit on the right. Please don't let your little girl become a NEET that won't leave the room you gave her in your palace anon.
>>
>>14697880
>implying selling that brat is not first thing you do in game
>>
File: mentor.jpg (9KB, 99x101px) Image search: [Google]
mentor.jpg
9KB, 99x101px
>>14697880
My little girl is already strong enough to mentor and handle my younger sister. She's built around 1h weapon and shield just like your typical battle maiden.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
>>14698024
That's cute. Your younger sister is a hand puppet.
>>
Where can I find a panzerfaust X or the m202?
>>
>>14698024
That's pretty cool. Hope your younger sister learns a lot from your Valkyrie. Younger sisters left unattended have a tendency to get into trouble...like that one younger sister with the chainsaw in that one quest...
>>
File: 47787623_p15_master1200.jpg (328KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
47787623_p15_master1200.jpg
328KB, 840x525px
>>14698109
I found mine in a dungeon. Maybe high rank shops sell those too. It's a useable item like a rod so the general or goods vendor could stock them, but I wouldn't bet my money on that. Just jump into dungeons and hope for the best. I once found a rod of wishing and one evolution heart in the same dungeon. Just praise Ehekatl and it will all work out..
>>
Should I trade my little sisters for happy apples, hero cheese and magic fruits? Seems like a good way to raise the respective attributes. What do you guys usually get?
>>
>>14698211
Thats exactly what you want to do.
>>
>>14698225
I usually stockpile my rewards, cause I'm too paranoid that one day I'm going to visit the scientist and she has boatloads of artifacts I want. Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
>>
How can I use fonts? I see the option in the config file but how does it work? Do I just type in the name of a font and the game searches some folder in my computer? Which one? Also Japanese is currently illegible on my machine, it just displays:
font1. "‚l‚r ƒSƒVƒbƒN" used in Japanese

in the config. If I changed it to a japanese font would the language render properly?
>>
File: 1.png (18KB, 634x376px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
18KB, 634x376px
>>14698310
The game uses the installed fonts on your computer. You can just type the one you want to use.
>>
>>14698324
Is there any way to disable the "Elona is a freeware...." message on the startup?
>>
File: 1.png (21KB, 614x485px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
21KB, 614x485px
>>14698339
>>
>>14698348
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>14694753
>Auto-sage and it was falling off the catalog.

Next time wait till it actually falls or at least reaches page 10, /jp/ is super slow and not even autosage makes threads die fast.
>>
File: up3364.png (4KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
up3364.png
4KB, 48x48px
For some items the game uses one sprite with different colors like magic books. Is there a way to assign multiple sprites to those? For instance, is it possible to assign this image to cat sister diary? The item.bmp only uses three book images as a source. The red one for the red books, a blue one for the blue skillbooks and a white one for ancient, magic and diary books.
>>
>>14698211
kumiromi's gemstone of rejuvenation and statues.
>>
File: crs.png (621KB, 1286x796px) Image search: [Google]
crs.png
621KB, 1286x796px
I drained every fountain and well in North Tyris just to get my first wish for a 7LB. Turns out that the item is cursed and also plummets my cold resist.

Cursed wishes shouldn't be supposed to exist.
>>
File: 31740844_p9.jpg (325KB, 700x625px) Image search: [Google]
31740844_p9.jpg
325KB, 700x625px
>>14698393
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM
>>
File: Considering this one.png (3KB, 128x192px) Image search: [Google]
Considering this one.png
3KB, 128x192px
Is it alright to use PCCs with backgrounds other than light blue? What sort of errors can I expect?
>>
>>14698464
Never tried but I assume it will render the whole block including the background.
>>
>>14698464
>>14698467
Black and light blue work. Just tried it myself.
>>
>>14698480
Based.
>>
Wait, is it true that luck increases the rate at which Big Daddies spawn? The wiki says it does, but then the first comment claims that it doesn't
>>
File: 2016-02-01_154810.png (552KB, 690x385px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-01_154810.png
552KB, 690x385px
>>14698024
How's your little sister doing? I let her follow my party but all she does is standing there so I'm starting to think she should stay at home instead of risking her life.
>>
Spamming the enter key while doing pet battles caused my BGM and Sound to glitch out leaving the entire game silent. Does anyone know a way to fix this issue?
>>
>>14698915
Report it to AnnaBanna on the ElonaWiki.
>>
Does cooking a corpse reduce the bonuses you can get from it? Also what does the "wood material" you can get from cutting down trees be used for?
>>
>>14698924
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
>>
>>14698918
Nevermind, Managed to fix it with a fresh install.
>>
>>14698963
Report it anyway. Anna might be able to figure out a bug-fix.
>>
>Release on Saturday

- Carpentry tool item has been renamed to tools, and their description has been changed.
- MP Breath is now affected by the equipment attribute that increases breath damage. It will still be affected by Charge Attack for now.
- Reduced SP consumption of breath-type actions. This should more or less be how powerful breath attacks should be considering their lack of need for spell stock and ease of leveling. A precious tool to change Variable Breath element without relying on equipment or attributes should make fighting with it more tactical.
- Added 8 high-level seamonsters and 1 evolution.
- When a summoned undead monster defeats an enemy, AP is earned by the player and is based off the player's INI.
- Summoned undead will not act as summoned undead inside showrooms.

- Adjusted NPC adventurers' starting level and fame, and their hiring price. Hiring price is now reduced with affection level. Their profile will also be generated randomly, and they won't prefer to stay in North Tyris any more.
- Undead can be tethered to you with a leash like your pets, and will warp to you when they are too far away. Brainwashing no longer affects them.
- Dragon zombie has been changed to predator class.
- Necro force HP and MP consumption halved. Added the option to make them gather around you without returning them to their coffins.

- Added 1 policy for governing towns. It won't show up until the prerequisites are met.
- About the replacement for the alias voting system:
Voting can now be done in towns where there has been a werewolf attack. When the player has voted and is in town at 12 noon, the NPC with the most votes will be executed. (If more than 1 NPC shares the top vote, 1 of them will be picked.) So go kill the one that you have your eye on (for his items).
- Altered the werewolf option in conversations. Picking it will cause the affection level to slightly lower, but more votes will go to that NPC. This can be done any time from after the werewolf attack till the player checks the ballot box.
- NPC adventurers can be recruited as an ally after recruiting him 1 time, as opposed to 3 times before. Adventurers above level 300 will be weakened when they are recruited as allies.

Fixes:
- Cutscene added in 1.54 no longer replays every time the player enters the floor.
- Score no longer overflows. Upper limit is now more or less unachievable at 100 million. With 20 times the score in no future mode, the limit is 2 billion.
- Influence level in town will be saved, and will no longer reset when starting up Elona
- Coffins that are stashed into your graveyard key when you don't have enough space in your inventory will no longer lose their necro tuning effect
- Fixed number and weight of gifts, proofs of friendship, and chocolate going weird after gifting them.
- Fixed some of the script.
>>
>>14698973
>Voting can now be done in towns where there has been a werewolf attack. When the player has voted and is in town at 12 noon, the NPC with the most votes will be executed. (If more than 1 NPC shares the top vote, 1 of them will be picked.) So go kill the one that you have your eye on (for his items).

Does it mean Suika Ibuki is going to die?
>>
>>14698973
So just to be sure:

Accuse NPC of Werewolf > Vote > Kill > Accuse?
>>
>>14698996
Oh god no. Someone, please think of the Suikas.
>>
File: 1384889860110.jpg (99KB, 1437x850px) Image search: [Google]
1384889860110.jpg
99KB, 1437x850px
>>14698973
>- When a summoned undead monster defeats an enemy, AP is earned by the player and is based off the player's INI.
It's time.
>>
How does riding work? Since I'm a fairy I'm always been speedy as hell so I never bothered trying that thing because I can't find a pet faster than me.

But how does it work? Do I need to take the skill to 100 to get the full pet speed?
>>
>>14698996
I would assume that you're killing the citizens in town, not other players...?

>>14699002
Dunno.
Maybe vote/accuse NPC > stick around for the execution?
>>
File: 1.png (369KB, 1204x804px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
369KB, 1204x804px
I'm always satisfied when I'm leaving the battlefield burned down to the ground.
>>
>>14699063
What font, friendo?
>>
>>14699074
This one
>>14698324
>>
>>14699052
How much riding skill you need depends on the steed's speed, its strength, and whether it has the cHorse flag.

The forumla is here:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Riding
Riding = (MountSpeed - MountStrength * 1.5 - 50) / 2

I think it's interesting that you can ride the wild horse and greater wild horse at full speed with 29 riding each.

You'll need more skill if you equip stuff that increase speed like glass equipment or speed rings on the steed, or gene engineer the swimming skill and ride it in the rain, or cast the speed buff on yourself while riding (it goes to the steed).

You'll need less if you equip strength stuff on it, etc.

Fairies have 120 starting speed, right? Wild horses are faster at 147 speed, and that's just the crappiest one so it might be worth checking out riding. It might be slower when you don't have as much riding skill and the horse doesn't have as much strength, but when you have that skilled leveled later North Tyris steeds like the kaneda bike can let you zip around at up to 250.

In south tyris they become irrelevant though. They get in the way of AP farming and you're faster than them anyways.
>>
File: outta friggin nowhere...png (324KB, 647x434px) Image search: [Google]
outta friggin nowhere...png
324KB, 647x434px
Well, this was quite the find. Just a little something I happened upon on a whim that was snugly tucked away amongst the common rabble.
>>
>>14699357
Good luck reading and casting that. Lucky bastard.
>>
Ey so, I was just returning from a harvest when a lightning hound (were-wolf attack) attacked Yowyn. The important thing is that it killed Gwen, will she revive eventually? I kind of want her loot.
>>
>>14699376
Yeah, she will revive after some time.
>>
>>14699376
As with every unique.
>>
>>14699391
>>14699388
Nice, nice. I'll be able to enjoy that succulent baby flesh as many times as I like...woof...
>>
Are silver eyed witches good pets? The wiki says so but mine hasn't been that note worthy. She even has the <Claymore>
>>
I wanted to access my inventory with d but accidently hit f and shoot a town child in the head with a sniper rifle ;_;
>>
>>14699428
Better watch out, that's how the Ishvalan war started.
>>
>>14698935
Don't be an ass, man, if we don't answer questions for newer players we'd just fill the void with shitposting

>>14698924
Cooking corpses changes the attribute xp you get from it, you get less if you're a shit cook and more if you do a decent job. If you're talking about resistance bonuses, I have no clue at all, my guess is that those are not affected.
Wood material, along with a wood piece and a set of carpenter's tools, is used to make wooden furniture from the pot of fusion (carpenter's tools are not consumed though)
>>
>>14699456
Thanks! I couldn't find anything on the wooden materials. Don't sound overly useful but who knows.
>>
File: 2016-02-01_184506.png (568KB, 690x389px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-01_184506.png
568KB, 690x389px
>>14699427
Pic related anyway, insult is nice but eh I can just teach it to any pet if I want to.
>>
Can I keybind keys like 'insert' by typing in 'insert''? I just disabled shift as esc but the damn thing is still being annoying.
>>
>>14699465
I mean furniture is pretty useful if you wanna decorate your house (for roleplay, for dosh, or to convince gods to hang out). You could also end up crafting a golem but those seem pretty useless by the time you can get them
Also trains your carpentry skill if you wanna hold onto your materials for whatever reason
>>
>>14699508
I'm guessing that she was good back in vanilla where you couldn't teach pets anything.
Now I just go for pets that have things you can't teach
>>
>>14698109
I found M202 at that ring seller in Noyel.
>>
how do i mod my game? i'm completely new to elona and roguelikes in general. what program you guys use? ty
>>
what are things you don't savescum in order to make the just a little more fun and challenging? i feel bad but i feel i save time by doing it.
>>
>>14699761

black market vendors, when I have a couple hired it is still rare to see anything worthwhile to buy.
>>
>>14699705
You don't need any programs ( unless you're interested in creating your own sprites or portraits).

Find what you like on the Elona uploader op mentioned and place in the appropriate folder.

Some files (like sprite sheet) you just override th default existing, others you place in the user graphics folder.

Search for customization or custom sprite on Elona wiki, there's an article with detailed instructions.
>>
File: rekt.png (90KB, 649x283px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
90KB, 649x283px
>>
>>14699884
Could have just given her some dye, m8.
>>
>>14699949
Next time this slut will think twice before getting pregnant again.
>>
>>14698973
Addendum:
- Relaxed material requirements for making monster balls. Max level for monster balls set to 200. Monster balls will also not be more than 10 levels higher than lowest dungeon floor cleared.
- When the player eats "Uh-uh, the taste is so so" or "The taste is not bad" food or better, stamina recovers by enchant level * 1.5 + food tier. This was added as a way to recover stamina and as a reason for the player to eat high-quality cooked food.
>>
File: stupid.png (19KB, 634x45px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.png
19KB, 634x45px
>G-Give me your hands!
LOL bitch can't be helped
>>
>>14699884
>>14700026
I feel bad for her
>>
Why it trains your strength when you are getting crops in harvest quest?
It's obvious that it would but gardening is not a str skill.
>>
>>14700001

what is with this horseshit anyway? does every new version try to make this game more and more tedious?
>>
>>14700096
You're pulling out vegetables that weigh more than a suit of armor. I'd say that qualifies as physical exercise, don't you think?
>>
File: finally.png (412KB, 1201x803px) Image search: [Google]
finally.png
412KB, 1201x803px
This is it. After 559 in-game days, 21284 kills and many tears I finally found Rachel no.3
Fuck this dumb quest.
>>
>>14700119
It's always interesting seeing how people react to the games difficulty or the grind. Some people think the game is too hard, others think the game is too easy and unblanaced, others think the game is too grindy, others think the game needs more grind. Can't seem to make anyone happy it seems. I personally think Elona is one of the easier roguelikes if you play it that way.

As for the the Addendum it's not making the game more tedious at all since the food thing actually is making it easier for you to regain stamina and overall makes the game easier. The lv 200 monster balls are enough to capture almost anything in the game. If you were using the balls to actually capture high level pets thinking you were going to get an uber pet you were doing it all wrong to begin with.

Low level pets, that ensure low INI score and somewhat lower training costs, are much more easier to make stronger. Most of the pets, that are insanely strong which have been posted in these threads, come from these type of pets.

High level pets are the hardest to train and most people aren't using monster balls for them. Most notable high level pets are gotten through the astral pen instead of the monster ball.
>>
>>14700228
1699 days here and still no rachel no.1. last dungeon had no.2, 3 and 4 just to piss me off.
>>
>>14700119
How is the game harder? Now I can just plant shit, cook shit, eat shit then repeat. Lol causualise cooking skill leveling for me more, please.
>>
File: arma.png (420KB, 1249x763px) Image search: [Google]
arma.png
420KB, 1249x763px
>Arma the tour guide goes to hell. People had a hell of a good time!
Watching her vs my performaid bloodress while I was at 66 spd was like a dbz fight with their shadow steps and teleports. Good thing she got blinded non stop soon after.
>>
I've finally found a way to quickly divide up sprite sheets. Using IrfanView, first go to options then properties and settings. Go to browsing/editing. Under the editing portion, go to set grid cell size (edit menu) and set to 48.

Hit OK and go to edit and hit Show fixed grid. Image should have a grid now. Go to options and hit Export image files (split image). 33 columns by 25 rows. Probably would be best to change the directory to somewhere that's less of a hassle to reach. Make sure to change the format to BMP - Windows Bitmap. After hitting start, the sprites should all go to the chosen directory.

The rest of what you need to do is here:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_NPC_sprite
>>
So, do other adventures respawn after you beat them in a duel initiated via duel glove? And what happens with their equipment? They dropped everything. Do they spawn with nothing or does the game roll some new stuff for them?
>>
The informer says she's at the hospital. I guess I'll see her again. Your fault for not wanting to trade your Gemini.
>>
>>14701009
Reminds me how annoying those brats are. Especially when your low level pets is trying to kill them every time they respawn.
>>
File: 55018712_p0_master1200.jpg (143KB, 539x462px) Image search: [Google]
55018712_p0_master1200.jpg
143KB, 539x462px
In equipment window there's a little star next to hand slot. What does it mean? Main hand for weapon?
>>
File: linnet.jpg (171KB, 715x423px) Image search: [Google]
linnet.jpg
171KB, 715x423px
>>14699668
Damn, I never go to Noyel.
>>14698839
She's doing fine, even better than valkyrie littel girl actually since she's specced on two hand weaponry. My entire team is still far from grinding out stat and skill potents though since I'm still stocking up seeds and statues for herb.
>>
>>14698973
>- When a summoned undead monster defeats an enemy, AP is earned by the player and is based off the player's INI
This seems pretty good, if only you can equip them with better stuff.
>>
File: elona03.jpg (102KB, 657x401px) Image search: [Google]
elona03.jpg
102KB, 657x401px
>>14701057
Yes. That's actually what it says in the jp version.
>>
File: hahahoho.jpg (53KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
hahahoho.jpg
53KB, 850x478px
Those nasty quest NPCs from escort/before it's too late quests can be useful sometimes too. When they are much higher levels than you it's so easy to roll dungeons and even static quests.

Not to say even if they die it's not a big deal they are just stupid temporary slaves anyway.
>>
Can someone tell about art books?
Should I get them all and read every now and then?
>>
>>14701284
You talking about skill textbooks?

One of the ways to train a skill stupid fast is to stockpile a shittonne of food / rations, get somewhere with bad weather (like snowy area for example) and spam the textbook.
>>
>>14701284
You should get the ones you need, then once Etherwind starts go into your house or a dungeon where you can have repair from the weather but at the same time make the time flow normally unlike the shelter. Now just read those books till the wind goes away.

Don't forget to have snacks.
>>
>>14701327
Reading skill books and using the training machine during bad weather will fast forward time in E+, even if you're not in the shelter. There's also an odd quirk (bug?) where the etherwind lasts much longer when you do that.
>>
>>14700888
It creates 48x54 images not 48x48.
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (870KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
870KB, 1366x768px
>>14701472
Dang, it all lined up so well in the program.
>>
>>14701518
I got it now. It's is 33x28.
>>
I have an evolution heart but I don't know if I should evolve my pet as it is level 20, a little girl. Should I evolve her right away? or wait for her skills and level to be higher. Also for little girls who's better a Valkyrie or the Witch.
>>
So, has anyone had success with curses at higher levels? The bosses seem to have a ridiculously low rate of getting cursed, any way around that?
>>
>>14701864
No real reason not to
Except for maybe waiting to add speed. I just recently got my first god heart from the Dogtail Quest, and I'm actually waiting until my Blackcat's speed is at 800(670 right now), so I can get it boosted to 850 when evolved. AP training can only go to 800. But if you are still in the early game, evolve her now.

I'd recommend Valkyrie. Melee pets are generally better than caster pets late game. Caster pets aren't too good actually, due to resistances, but a melee Valkyrie is great. Cheer is quite useful too.

Mine dual wields Mournblade and Stormbringer with the Sealed Shield in her ranged slot. With the Twin Edge and boots that have a proximity weapon, and added healing spells, she can hold her own against even an Atlus.
>>
>>14701870
They do work. It's just you need to level up the hexes pretty high. Look under hex resistance here for more information:

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Hex
>>
Does ether equipment affect pets too?
>>
>>14701966
No, pets seem to free from corruption.
>>
Is there a way to search things in elonauploader ?
>>
>>14701900
Now now, don't scare him away from caster pets. I have both a Valkyrie and Exile and while my Valkyrie can do more damage than my Exile, the Exile holds her own just as well down deep in the void which I consider the harshest environment for both melee and casters. Also, if you give a caster a ball spell they can quickly destroy mobs and has proved useful in my fights against stuff that summons things in.
>>
File: 1398480551146.jpg (120KB, 974x1241px) Image search: [Google]
1398480551146.jpg
120KB, 974x1241px
My mutant stopped developing new limbs after sometime now. I'm still stuck on 16 slots. Is this supposed to happen cause I read in the wiki that the maximum penalty you can get from complicated limbs is -50% and I'm still on -15%.
>>
my lvl 45 golden knight doesn't get any stats from gene engineering even with a grand dragon which is lvl 70. she has 112 str 124 con and 97 dex while the dragon has 201/287/165. what am i doing wrong?
>>
>>14702217
Yep, it's normal.
-50% is reached by doing the hindu god manœuvre.
>>
>>14702251
Noice
I thought I screwed up for a moment there because I wore a fairy hat.
>>
This is the start of something grandiose.
>>
>>14702298
You have my attention
>>
>>14702298
such low stats.

Ganbatte, slime-chan.
>>
>>14702298
18 hp
1 mana
30 speed
abysmal stats

So this is just the snail race renamed I assume. Also you're just asking for it.
>>
>>14702298
Hope you not gonna do re tutorial.
>>
>>14702298
I'll be rooting for you chibika!
>>
Someone in the last thread said that Opatos' fetters will boost AP gain, is this true? If not, my poor Fron is going to have to deal with having 0 skill points, ever. Starting to question whether her random heals and buggy lightning kick is worth that sacrifice.
>>
File: 002-I don't want to die, no.jpg (207KB, 1296x704px) Image search: [Google]
002-I don't want to die, no.jpg
207KB, 1296x704px
>>14702325
>>
File: come along.png (351KB, 584x371px) Image search: [Google]
come along.png
351KB, 584x371px
>>14699884
>>14700026
First time she is being useful.
>>
File: 1418159702755.png (583KB, 931x636px) Image search: [Google]
1418159702755.png
583KB, 931x636px
>>14702564
>>
File: 03.jpg (65KB, 482x722px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
65KB, 482x722px
>>14702564
>Why, master... What did i do wrong... Why do i deserve this...
>>
File: 1374883727631.jpg (8KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
1374883727631.jpg
8KB, 158x152px
>>14702564
>>
>>14702600
>>14702633
>>14702634
Don't be ridiculous of course that bitch gonna like it a lot.
Raphael the guy look like pretty experienced in making girls pleased.

Actually I'm gonna bring him much more trained sluts.
And become a greatest slave maker in whole Nefia!
>>
>>14702523
That's false, isn't it? Your INI is independent of your current speed.
>>
>>14702523
I saw this last thread too. It might help a bit but my gut feeling tells me that it might not be enough since speed checks aren't the only things being considered in whether you gain AP or not. The surest way I've found to get AP is simply to keep killing stronger and stronger enemies. For me that was just diving to a certain part of the void and farming enemies there until AP points slowed down. When it did I would just dive down deeper until AP points started coming in fast again. Since monsters scale in the void this works. I'm not too sure how to get AP outside the void after you reach a certain point to be honest. Anyhow, you might as well give what he said a try at least. Hopefully my gut feeling is wrong.
>>
>>14702686
I'd be careful anon. Someone on /vg/ roguelike did something similar and it didn't end well.

Inside every Roran is a divine spark known to cause gods to tremble in fear if nurtured. That Raphael guy might one day disappear and you'll probably shrug it off. Give it a year or two and that same little girl you left behind you might encounter in a dungeon as a lv 500 little girl that wants nothing more than skull fuck your dead corpse. Anon in /vg/ said he was left a broken and defiled on the cave ground.
>>
>>14702012
No, sadly.
>>
Is it possible to change the flavor text on random events? I'd like to change the nightly mutation one to something like: "The Beast God pulls you from your mortal coil and inspects you.."

Along with a picture of a monster from one of the Boorus.
>>
>>14702686
Why the little girl anon? Out of all the girls you've come across the little girl was the most happy to be at your side. She could of deserted you when your ship got destroyed but she didn't do that. Instead she went town to town asking people if they have seen you. It's pretty scary for an eleven year old to venture forth into the world with nothing but the clothing on her back. Praise Ehekatl that she was looking over the little girl when she was in Derphy asking around.
>>
>>14702819
I'm assuming no.
Ask Anna about that.
>>
>>14702826
> Praise Ehekatl that she was looking over the little girl when she was in Derphy asking around.

I know that this bit was a bit of a lore just but Jesus, could you imagine what could have happened? In fantasy novels there's always that one heroine that was enslaved and raped/forced to serve as a child prostitute. Not to mention the demon beasts and other hellish things in Nefia.
>>
>>14702842
Yeah why even bother about so much used gril.
>>
>>14702842
See the slave master peddling his inventory which includes little girls? Those were the unlucky ones...
>>
>>14702857
>>14702923
I wonder if this was the tru-bull Mia saw.
>>
>>14702842
Elona has some pretty dark themes in it despite its lighthearted oddities. Another example, the beggar corpse you ate in the tutorial, That was Lomias's doing. He killed the guy and fed you his remains to get rid of the evidence. It's possible he also may truly have been trying to earnestly kill you in the tutorial.
>>
Vernis looks much better with a more detailed rail system.
>>
File: Vernis.png (844KB, 1203x804px) Image search: [Google]
Vernis.png
844KB, 1203x804px
Forgot the image.
>>
>>14702955
I saw that mod on the Uploader but I'm not sure what page it's on or even which tile on the tilesheet it's supposed to go on. Or even what it was originally supposed to be used for.
>>
File: up6652.png (15KB, 144x96px) Image search: [Google]
up6652.png
15KB, 144x96px
>>14702960
Paste it over the rails in map1.bmp
>>
>>14702972
Thanks. Do you know if there are any other tiles or is this the only one you know of?
>>
>>14702976
What other tiles? I only have that one for rails.
>>
>>14702979
other custom tilesheets. Do the x2 spritesheets actually find contents rendered in-game? Like if I ctrl+v'd some nice portraits onto face2 would they eventually find their way in-game?
>>
>>14702983
I would drop custom portraits for pets in the elone/user/graphic folder and then talk to the pet in game to change the portrait.
Changes to the face1.bmp and face2.bmp in the general graphics folder should work too. I've never done that, but since you can modify every spritesheet like map, item and character, face should also work.
>>
My only kitty bank is cursed. Is it safe for me to fill it with some gold or what should I do?
>>
>>14703060
Wiki article doesn't say anything about cursed kitty banks. Go for it.
>>
>>14703065
Okie
>>
So right now I'm using my crop to plant majority mixed vegetable/fruit trees, cooking them with a portable tool and eating them. This, I think, trains both cooking and gardening. Is this also a semi-efficient way of training my potentials since I read that good food does that. Not much of what I've been eating has been enhanced and nothing blessed, but still. Most has been jellies, salads and below(?).
>>
>>14703223
Re-read the food page. They train attributes, not their potential. Only herbs, herbed food and picnic baskets increase potential.
>>
>>14703223
Invest in those two furniture vendors at the embassy and get a barbecue set for cooking.
>>
My pet's highest skill is with an axe(24) but on her page her melee1 shows 4d3-6. With twin Wakizaki's her main weapon's is like 4d3-8. Does this mean she'll hit for like 0 damage? That's what I've noticed. Currently equipped with a shitty claw for +3hit and +2damage bonus.
>>
>>14703263
>twin Wakizaki'
Does she have dualwield?
>>
>>14703266
Yes. Her accuracy for melee2 ( claw) is -477 though.

With Wakizaki's melee2 is at like, maybe, -88?
>>
>>14703267
Maybe the claw in melee2 is too heavy. I think it has to be under 1.5s for dualwield.
>>
>>14703267
How do you hit anything?
Also, a claw/tonfa doesn't actually attack unless you're unarmed. As for the -8 it's not due to skill. Skill modifies the multiplier and the chance to hit. The +-X is only dependant on item quality and material.
>>
>>14703275
I put my .9s claw in melee2 and a 2.5 in range. Maybe this will raise her accuracy to something approaching reasonable. Will probably need to enhance her axe since she spends a surprising amount of time in acid.

>>14703276
The rare times she hits anything she does literally 0 damage.
>>
>>14703283
>0 damage
Not entirely sure how damage calculation works, but if it's a simple
>roll
>add/subtract the -8
>multiply by modifier
Then it's normal. With the axe half the rolls results puts you at 0 damage, with twin waki 2 results out of three are also null. IF she manages to hit. Give her dual wield and change her weapons, they're probably made of paper or something.
>>
>>14703315
I plussed her axe a bit and now it's at +8. That and put a claw in ranged and another in melee2. 92%hit and +10 con. Still a horribly inaccurate pet though.
>>
Best way to get vomit out of NPCs?
>>
>>14703259
Said this last thread, but it's so much easier just going on a massacre during a party time quest and pickpocketing a barbecue set there. Not that it's a bad idea to invest in vendors, but this way you get the barbeque set faster (and therefore increase your attributes and your cooking skill sooner)
>>
>>14703389
I believe I have pickpocket but most things say it's not mine when I try to pick them up. Does that mean my skill needs to be higher before I can start looting indiscriminately?
>>
>>14703393
You have to pickpocket the tile to steal from stuff on the floor
>>
>>14703408
I don't have pickpocket, actually. I read that I need to get it from the Thieve's guild trainer? Can I not join the guild and still get the skill somehow?
>>
File: 19167506.jpg (29KB, 316x500px) Image search: [Google]
19167506.jpg
29KB, 316x500px
>>14703439
>Can I not join the guild and still get the skill somehow
Yes, but it's a little bit tricky. You need to get a disguise set or the spell/scroll incognito. Teleport the guard at the stairs away with a rod of teleportation, get inside the guild, use disguise/incognito so that the members won't attack you. Run to the guild trainer and get pickpocket since the guild leader won't be fooled by your disguise. Get out with a scroll of escape and while escape charges use teleportation scrolls to get away from the guild leader.

Or you can get a scroll of gain attribute and savescum your way to pickpocket with it.
>>
>>14703469

>Get out with a scroll of escape and while escape charges use teleportation scrolls to get away from the guild leader.

Return works just as well, right? I've found escape to be a tad unreliable due to cargo weights. All in all, this sounds pretty easy.
>>
>>14703472
>Return works just as well
Sure.
>>
Is there a way to have longer logs?
>>
>>14703469
Wow. Holy shit.<sin> is no fucking joke. Good thing I had scrolls of teleportation. I thought they were shit.
>>
>>14703615
Yeah, the guild leaders pack a punch.
>Good thing I had scrolls of teleportation. I thought they were shit.
Even as a wizard I have a stack of them in my inventory at all times. More than once I found myself in a critical situation and the teleportation spell failed. If I'm really close to death I use a scroll. Not taking any chances anymore.
>>
>>14703646
I tried to rob the party but for some reason everyone can hear me do it. I've killed everyone near and everyone in the closest area. Do I have go all Freddie Krueger here if I want to have any chance at the BBQ?
>>
>>14701327
Keep fruit trees in your house for endless free food
>>
>>14703661
Higher skill in pickpocket makes it easier to steal heavy things and less likely that someone sees/hears you. So yeah, if you want to steal the barbecue set with an unleveled pickpocket skill, go full Hitler.
>>
>>14703661
Yes. You just need to kill everyone in the immediate vicinity, but murdering the entire place is fine too. You should probably stay away from unique though. If you don't have a barbecue set yet you're probably going to get obliterated by them.
>>
>>14703679
I tried the immediate vicinity but I kept getting heard. I'm not going to bother with the BBQ just yet. How can I train the pickpocketing skill efficiently? Is there anything like harvest time for it?
>>
>>14703685
Just dive into the puppy cave or enter the wild in the world map. There are neutral NPCs like punks and fallen soldiers. You can train pickpocket on them. Don't forget to spend some platinum coins and push up the potential.
>>
>>14703685
Probably someone wandering too close to you. Expand your murder zone, make sure there isn't someone behind a wall or hidden against some prop.
>anything like harvest time
If your pickpocket is really low but you have decent strength, enter the wilderness and steal trees. Or murder everyone around Palmia's throne room and steal everything. Incidentally, the king's bed is a fine piece of furniture.
>>
>>14703685
>>14703690
Higher speed also helps. So if you're with Lulwy, the ability and a speed potion/spell will make it easier.
>>
>>14703685
Trees of naked (the dead trees in the wilderness) are the best if you have the strength.

If you get heard, that means someone's still too close, so you have to clear out a larger radius by killing them or teleporting them away.
>>
Forgoing learning literacy and memorisation should be ok in the long run, since at 300 spell level stocks are used so slowly scrolls of wonder suffice to keep up even with somewhat heavy use, right ?

I'm trying to learn the smallest amount of skills possible to maximise the efficiency of traveling ( and skill dreams/scrolls of growth but travelling is the important factor ).
Shame that all weapon skills are automatically learned on that note, that's ten+skills i could go without.
>>
>>14702298
Where can I get that PCC and portrait?
>>
File: Face1.png (19KB, 80x112px) Image search: [Google]
Face1.png
19KB, 80x112px
>>14703796
PCC :
http://www.elonaup.x0.com/sozai/src/up4776.bmp

Portrait :
Made it myself ( Save as bmp with paint, 4chan can't into bmp ).
>>
Boy do I love running around in Palmia for challenge quests, looking for that one monster I'm supposed to kill and then arrive seconds after some random asshole manages to kill it.
>>
File: pcc_body_3.png (7KB, 128x192px) Image search: [Google]
pcc_body_3.png
7KB, 128x192px
>>14703814
Forgot that the PCC had to be cut, here.
>>
>>14703814
Thanks
>>
>>14703784
Doesn't traveling train all skills?
>>
>>14703881
The master experience sheet says that a random skill receive the experience at each tile traveled.
And Anna looked directly at the code to make that sheet, so it can't be innaccurate.
>>
>>14703966
praise Anna-sama
>>
HOLY SHIT! I was just trying to cure sick when I went into party time to die. I just started killing people, trying to trigger a <unique> or overcast but my only over-cast left me alive and I didn't land on any <uniques>. Then I pickpocketed a BBQ. Holy shit.
>>
>>14703685
Go to the arena, kill everything there, then start pickpocketing EVERYTHING off the floor. Unfortunately you can only do that twice a day (the duel type thing and the one with a bunch of monsters). I'd also suggest hunting if your STR is high enough (around 48 or so?) cause you can do that as any times as it shows up on the job board. That'll get you a few levels in pickpocket, once you're around 10 you should be able to get the BBQ real easy. Good luck!
>>
>>14704404
I already have the BBQ but I'm going to do all the things you said. They sound good.
>>
>>14703818
Challenge and Panic quests are utter cancer, I only grinded them for the unclaimed altars. Would be nice if they had an indicator telling you where the nearest enemy is
>>
If I or a pet already have max +res from a corpse, does the text still show up when it is eaten?
>>
>>14704404
Oh to clarify about hunting, I meant to kill all the monsters and then pickpocket the trees that you can pick up, hunting itself doesn't give pickpocket xp
>>
>>14694626
>If someone could re-host this that would be great: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfjnqpzx7ej4em2/Elona%20-%20Graphic%20Packs.zip?dl=0
Anyone rehosting this yet?
If not, I'll upload it to my own server.
>>
>>14704423
If it triggers, yes. The res increase message will be followed by "Nothing happens..." to notify you that you've maxed it. Don't know about pets, I assume it works on the same way.
>>
>>14704458
>Anyone rehosting this yet?
I don't think so but then if someone was I couldn't tell unless they mentioned it in the thread..
>>
>>14704464
Didn't see it in the thread so I asked.
I'm reinstalling my server atm (never used it and forgot the password), so I'll post it later.
>>
>>14704487
I don't mind leaving it up and adding some other things from the vanilla elona website like the music packs + the things from the pastebin but my fear is that dropbox has some kind of download cap for non-members. Y'know. Plus I like to retain whatever anonymity I can, especially here on 4chan and I'm not entirely clear if someone can see my throwaway in the link rn....
>>
File: 1454180760007.jpg (208KB, 842x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454180760007.jpg
208KB, 842x720px
>Since I'm trying to get every god gift I often go to the altar in Palmia to make offers
>Once I make a good one I destroy it with a molotov so another godless one respawns
>Since this can wreck half of the Church before I manage to dissipate the flames I tend to stay a little away before throwing one
>The nun always goes to stand on the altar when I do that as if she tried to stop me from throwing the molotov
>Recently the impress level has gotten so low she attacks me on sight
>>
>>14703548
Hit / on your keyboard. Don't know if there's a way to get anything longer than that.
>>
>>14703818
Those guards in those quests can actually kill a challenge or panic monster? Wow, the general must have one hellish training regimen.
>>
>>14703331
The skill body blow or cursed alcohol.
>>
>>14704730
Rod of teleport is your friend

Unless you're into that, not judging
>>
Does this thing grant you infinite wishes and domination?
>>
>>14704941
"Attacking Rods" so probably not. Domination maybe.

Also shit when did this get added? I need to update.
>>
The way this game letting you know that you forgot to pick up your quest reward is a little cruel.
>>
>>14704941
Are attacking rods even useful though? I never understood their damage formula.
>>
What is sleep blanket needed for?
>>
File: look of dissapointment.jpg (44KB, 387x375px) Image search: [Google]
look of dissapointment.jpg
44KB, 387x375px
>>14704594
Maybe it's just me, but 3 different clients wont connect to the server while HTTP works.
Try it, you have upload rights.

waifu.nl
>IP 149.210.203.192
>Port 21
>user ftp
>pass PassWord1234
>>
>>14705148
If you're talking about the comfy blanket or whatever that was added recently, putting it in a pet's inventory will prevent that pet from making breakfast.

This way you can control who makes breakfast if you're trying to train a particular pet's cooking skill
>>
>>14704784
It was a hand of murderer. Not really a huge threat.
>>
I'm thinking about getting back into Elona again (even though its probably going to kill my productivity/free time). I recall a discussion in a previous thread about an ATATATATATA build. How do I go about doing this?
>>
>>14705633
Continuous attacks with AP, Kumiromi worship, and the maximum amount of hands you can put your... hands on.

Don't forget to put anime_wait at 1 maximum, though even at 0 the feel is still there from the overwhelming log.
Also, the damage output is lesser than simply attacking, except in case of good weapon invokes. It's really just for the ATATATA.
>>
Is it possible to lower your magic damage somehow?
>>
>>14705779
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Canceler
>>
>>14705793
But does magic stat really affect spell damage?
I thought it's fixed by spell level.
>>
File: 830 MD.png (411KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
830 MD.png
411KB, 800x602px
>>14705075
Their damage largely revolves around how high your magic device skill is at. This is particularly noteworthy since you can switch between various attack rods and be rest assured that there will be power behind it. Unlike magic where you have to level each individual spell to make it strong.

I'm a ranged character through and through(firearm, caster, and magic device) and rods have been very important in my success in the void. Since the monsters in there scale the strength of their hexes tend to overwhelm me meaning that their hexes are sure to stick. This is a big problem. The hexes I hate most are slow and silence and when enemies silence me I switch to using attack rods if the enemies aren't overly spell resistant. I also use rods when creatures show up that can confuse and dim. Both can make casting spells treacherous. Most likely you'll go into negative MP or your character will explode.
>>
>>14705841
It does. The magic stat plays a part in the number of dice you roll for damage(number before the d). You can look more into spell damage by reading the spell technical page in the wiki.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Spells_%28Elona%2B%29/Technical
>>
>>14705779
Why do you want to lower your magic damage?
>>
>>14706124
It's a secret.
>>
File: 1439580890038.png (546KB, 1274x765px) Image search: [Google]
1439580890038.png
546KB, 1274x765px
Hello /jp/. I am currently working on a Dark Souls sound pack for Elona Custom 1.54. I am nearly complete with the project, however, I face a minor dilemma regarding the volume of the .wav files that calls for help from fellow anons (the situation is described in the comments section of the Dropbox file). If anyone is willing to help, I'd be glad to put your name, if requested, in the credits. Please let me know in the Dropbox comments if any problems appear.

Download (optionally includes the main menu replacement): https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wj3hv6chaw9ykf/%5BElona%5D%20Dark%20Souls%20Sounds%201.0.zip?dl=0

Also, please turn down your speakers when playing Elona with this sound pack in this version, it is abnormally loud.
>>
When i try to dual wield, i get a message saying that the weapon is too light to be dual wielded.

I know about the maximum weight limit penalty, but i can't find anything about a minimum weight.
>>
>>14706809
Are you sure it says dual wielding? Two handed gives a similar message. Screen?
>>
>>14706824
You are right, i mixed two-handed with dual-wield. thank you.
>>
File: 65438765436543.jpg (19KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
65438765436543.jpg
19KB, 400x319px
>>14702251
Mod to remove the limb limit cap and become a limb blob when?
>>
>>14706866
27 slots is already blobish enough as it is.
>>
File: 8865787655476.jpg (35KB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
8865787655476.jpg
35KB, 320x212px
>>14706902
We need to go bigger.
>>
>>14706866

I would only be ok with this if they ended up increasing the person's sprite size and extended the speed penalty. Seeing this fat tub of lard mutant trying to fit through doors and wheezing every five feet humors me.
>>
>>14705157
>149.210.203.192
I don't know how to use this. Actually I have 4chanX up and the IP turns blue and when I click it I get sent to some windows welcome page, then asked to get/download/evalute something called IIS.

>>14706800
How do you replace the main-menu? Thanks for the OC! You're amazing!
---
So, I've been eating my vegetables like a good little adventurer but I haven't really noticed any attribute gains. Do they just come very slowly? I've recently started getting curries as well, not to mention all the lesser but still solid quality foods.
>>
File: bg_re14.png (222KB, 380x243px) Image search: [Google]
bg_re14.png
222KB, 380x243px
Made me a new wedding picture, good enough to share hopefully.
>>
>>14707520
Excellent work, mate.
>>
>>14707416
>How do you replace the main-menu?
There's a text file called "instructions.txt" that walks through the entire process.

As for the custom main-menu, just replace "title.bmp" in the "graphic" folder with an 800x600 resolution picture.

>Thanks for the OC! You're amazing!
No problem. I originally made the Dark Souls sound pack for myself due to the sound issues, but decided to share in order to rejuvenate Elona's appeal in combat. Sorry for the blogpost.
>>
>>14707600
>As for the custom main-menu, just replace "title.bmp" in the "graphic" folder with an 800x600 resolution picture.

Cool, thanks

>No problem. I originally made the Dark Souls sound pack for myself due to the sound issues, but decided to share in order to rejuvenate Elona's appeal in combat. Sorry for the blogpost.

Will be sure to give this pack a try!
>>
Anyone want my custom item bitmap

I've been keeping it updated and cool since 1.09
>>
>>14707885
Could you post it?
>>
>>14707892
https://mega.nz/#!vphm2CZA!daZNXigRTSpbMglV9zwimkihdbGDc1rOj1rMDfNtzEo

Main differences are the overhauled item bitmaps, the god statues, and various furnitures, different fish as well, with a few other tweaks, lots of generic shit remains the same
>>
File: item.jpg (821KB, 1584x1488px) Image search: [Google]
item.jpg
821KB, 1584x1488px
>>14707885
>>14707892
>>14707915
Jaypegh preview for the lazies
>>
File: itempungforreddit.png (619KB, 1584x1488px) Image search: [Google]
itempungforreddit.png
619KB, 1584x1488px
>>14707933
Here's mine. Main differences are up top, do you see the spell animations? Replace them onto your sheet and watch!

Also the weapons and armors. Some bottles too. I put most of my work into the char sheet but it's still too similar to the OP's for me to feel comfortable posting it. Only reason I'm posting this is cause you posted yours.
>>
>>14707416
Curarias infused with other herbs is what you want. You can create the concoction using a pot for fusion. To get steady attribute gains across the board you'll need lots of these concoctions and you'll need all your attribute potentials to be superb. Normal food can also train attributes but they do so at a very slow pace.
>>
>>14707937
Oh, I see. The thing is, pets for the most part, are the ones making the mad gains from the food. They're the only ones getting:"Will has strengthened, shows off body" etc messages immediately after eating good foods. That's why I was wondering: "What the fuck, I'm wasting my time here, no?"
>>
File: character.jpg (1MB, 1584x1344px) Image search: [Google]
character.jpg
1MB, 1584x1344px
>>14707936
Impressive. Here's my charcter sheet, I've edited it a lot, it's a mash-up between the monste girl one and abandoned character sheets from previous versions

I've swapped a lot of the big monsters around because they have a lot of "impact" in a roguelike
>>
>>14707950
I have to admit I didn't have the heart to remove sanic
>>
>>14707945
Yes, it seems the player has to go the extra mile with an herb cocktail while pets have it easier with just munching on stoma or curarias. Pets just in general have it easier.
>>
File: WIP.png (968KB, 1584x1344px) Image search: [Google]
WIP.png
968KB, 1584x1344px
>>14707950
I don't see the ugly rainbow-flower-horse critter on your sheet. I've been looking for the ice ent and mimics as well. Thanks, m8. I hope you get some inspiration my sheet!
>>
>>14707963
No problem, I'll be borrowing your spellish icons in my item sheet, they're quite pretty.

And enjoy, I've worked a lot on my monster spreadsheet, tried my best to remove any dead pixels and to update and edit stuff
>>
Even years after elona has been released there are still people editing the game, files, and everything

truly one of the best long lasting generals on 4chan
>>
>>14707979
There's always new content, new mods and new things to try. Not to mention this general, unlike too many, isn't an angry hell of shitpostingl.
>>
So I just stole an <Art of Casting> from a shelter and I'd like more <Art of > books for when I'm in shelters and need some literature. I don't mind robbing shelters but it's pretty expensive Karma-wise. Is there a better way?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (24KB, 308x146px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
24KB, 308x146px
Could any kind anon post the full-size of pic related?
Forgot to save it and the archive seems to be down.
>>
File: 1 (100).jpg (4MB, 6000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1 (100).jpg
4MB, 6000x1200px
>>14708138
Only have this one from long ago
>>
>>14708124
Magic vendors sell them from time to time, and considering you're going to stalk them for potions of potential anyway, you're going to build yourself the collection, slowly but surely.
>>
>>14708147
>>14708138
Lulwy a CUTE
>>
When doing 'herb-in' should I apply it to my +5 grown vegetable/fruit food, or meat dishes with no '+' modifier if I want to increase the strength and constitution of my pets?
>>
>>14708138
I was looking for any excuse to post these links, scroll down:
https://4ch.be/jp/search/text/Elona/type/op/

I'm trying to destroy my altar so a new one can respawn. I heard Molotovs are good for the task but I have none handy. I do have a sulfur though, what are the possible alternatives to Molotovs?
>>
>>14708214
Bottles of sulfur won't melt furniture. Either cast the firewall spell, cast fire bolt and hope it burns the altar, or use the fire wall rod.
>>
>>14708208
Doesn't matter, it's a flat bonus either way.
>>
>>14708281
So I could add it to shit food and it wouldn't matter?
>>
>>14708208
I would save the herbs and herb curarias.

>>14708124
Lumiest, steal it from magic shop on the ground. A new one will respawn. If you can, also steal the unicorn horn.
>>
>>14708208
Just use a curaria, pets get retarded multipliers. My little girl got like 5~10 stat points on every stuff while having great/superb potential with a single herbed curaria.
>>
>>14708294
>I would save the herbs and herb curarias.
Isn't herb food the best way too quickly boost a pet's stats?
>>
>>14704730
have you tried doing that in panic and challenge quests instead? i do those in palmia and noyel. i just offer one time for the x5 favor.
>>
File: 1444610333950_res.jpg (2MB, 3000x1615px) Image search: [Google]
1444610333950_res.jpg
2MB, 3000x1615px
>>14708138
>>14708147
>>14708214

Turns out I'm dumb and forgot there was more than one archive. Thanks anyway anons.
>>
>>14708296
Food benefit is multiplied by 10 for pet, so the 800 exp turn into a whooping 8000 per herbed-in meal.

Makes me think, i wonder how many herb-in a pet require to get to 2000, assuming a 100% potential all along.
>>
>>14702241
i found the problem. if you gene engineer at the doujou, you won't get any stats, only levels.
>>
File: doujou.png (873KB, 1290x758px) Image search: [Google]
doujou.png
873KB, 1290x758px
>>14708358
update!

you do get attributes at the doujou but it is not mentioned. it only mentions your pet's new level.

pic related. doesn't mention getting stats but she got 10 str con and dex.
>>
>Kokou (Isolation)
>Increases Speed by 20% when there is no friendly NPCs on the map. (Added in Elona 1.43)
So my party has to be empty? NPCs from escort quest also don't count since their not part of the party, right?
>>
File: 1.png (1004KB, 1203x805px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1004KB, 1203x805px
Here we go. Martial arts and throwing. No pets for combat. This could be difficult.
>>
File: greeek statue.png (797KB, 811x633px) Image search: [Google]
greeek statue.png
797KB, 811x633px
>>14708499
I'm doing the same thing.

Except with pets.
>>
>>14708506
We'll see how I manage.
>>
>>14708506
AESTHIC
>>
File: ill tide.png (9KB, 774x140px) Image search: [Google]
ill tide.png
9KB, 774x140px
>>14708510
Was the name deliberate?

>>14708516
I just think greek statues are cool.
>>
>>14708524
>Was the name deliberate?
Check the latin meaning.
>>
>>14708534
Ah, I didn't recognize the relation to pugilist.
>>
Will make a new thread at 325 replies, y'all.
>>
>>14708650
dont.

Elona threads can very easily go on till 600 posts, even on autosage and even as slow as they are.

/jp/ is a fairly slow board and threads hang around for several days on page 9-10.
>>
>>14708687
So be it. I'll make a thread long before 600 though. Probably page ~10
>>
>>14708697
just remember that for every extraneous thread you make, another old, long but still living thread gets pruned too.
>>
>>14708697
Just let it fall off before you make a new one.
>>
>>14708701
>>14708702
Eh. Whatever.

Is Itzpalt the easiest god to max? Maybe it's 'cause I've been stockpiling his rods but goddamn. Barely a day of RL playtime has passed.
>>
>>14708763
Without preparation, my vote goes to opatos and jure since stripmining dungeons is really quick and fun ( don't judge ).
With preparation, Kumiromi is objectively the fastest for the simple fact that vegetable farms are scalable. The contender is Ehekatl on the condition of having the super lure ( never saw it in my life by the way, so much for luck ).
>>
>>14708854
I just finished with Itzpalt and already have Opatos under my belt. Kumiromi next or what?
>>
>>14708877
Ehekatl for the dagger that protects against thieves and invisible monsters, and yacatect for platinum monthly income.
>>
>>14708887
I have the Golden knight and the Exile. Is it worth it to buy a ranch just to so I can save one of them and get to keep the Goose or whatever?
>>
>>14708890
not him but you can leave them at the doujou before you pray. i have all the god pets but most of them are at the doujou. i only bring my golden knight and exile.
>>
>>14708907
This is sense. I'd hoped there was something like this.
>>
>>14708907
Thats not possible is it? I wasn't able to acquire a new god pet even though I'm only using the fairy and left the others in the dojo.
>>
>>14708890
Dump them at the doujou, then when you get to south tyris, buy the abandoned ranch and dump them there.

Also,
>They changed it in elona+ you can have god pets equal to your faith/10 or 2, which ever is higher
but you may want to save party space for escort quests, little sisters, dominated stuff that you want to fuse later, etc.

>>14708877
Ehekatl for the quality equipment feat or kumi for his gemstone so that you can dupe it later. Have you gotten their special reward (the ones that decrease your stats) by talking to itzpalt in person yet?
>>
>>14708921
>Have you gotten their special reward (the ones that decrease your stats) by talking to itzpalt in person yet?

No I have not. I haven't even gotten Opatos' either, for that matter. Neither seem particularly useful at present.
>>
>>14708919
dump them all at the doujou.
>>
>>14708925
I'm just afraid I might want something later from them so I'm getting all the rewards and inviting them to my home.

And the magic canceler has good PV, so I gave it to my little girl.
>>
>>14708951
You can invite them to your home..? Cool.
>>
>>14708955
Only if your house is rank 1. They'll welcome you back like a maid too.
>>
>>14708285
Exactly. Herbing a food that already trains attributes would of course give both the herb and the food's inherent training.

>>14708439
I believe doing escort would disable the speed bonus. Trying to start one with a full party would give you the message that your party is full, so they should count as pets and negate the bonus.
Escorts suck anyway, by the time you can do them without the escortee getting killed they're not worth it anymore.
>>
Fishing for Ehektal blows. Yacatect, here I come!
>>
>>14707416
>>14707295
It's FTP, I had thought you'd recognize that by the username.
The "Windows Welcome Page" is just the default HTTP page that Windows Server 2012 gets you.
>>
>>14708999
>FTP

I don't really know anything about File Transfer Protocols.
>>
>>14708763
Honestly I like big sis Yacatect. Kumi or Ehekatl would be much easier to max late game but early on you can just head over to the mage's guild and rob them blind (usually almost all of them have at least one piece of jewelry, some have up to three). They were even nice enough to provide an altar to offer stuff if you run out of inventory space while looting
>>
>>14709106
I actually went for Yaca; Ekhe is such bullshit..
>>
Anybody use the juicer? How does it compare to cooking regular food?

>>14709120
I'm worshipping Ehekatl now. Fishing is a pain in the ass and I don't do it outside etherwind, so I buy up fishes from vendors. I then stock them up in 4D pocket or the cooler box (though rotten would work too?), and offer them during panic quests for that juicy x5 bonus.

But then again I'm in no hurry to max out favor, because I'm the guy above who likes to invite gods to my home and therefore has to wait for november/wish rods.
>>
Alright, how do I get rid of that stupid tutorial chest in my home. In earlier versions of Elona I just zapped it with a rod of alchemy and turned it into something portable. Now I fail to use the power of the rod everytime. No matter how often I recharge the rod. Failure.
>>
Correction, nothing happens if I do it.
>>
>>14709207
Pot of fusion->worthless gold.
>>
>>14709230
Got idea but I carried that bitch out of my home and dropped it in the wild. Didn't realize my weight lifting skill was already at that level.
>>
>>14709207
Can't it be opened?
>>
>>14709316
It's a chest so yeah. I got rid of it already.
>>
That was a close one. Almost burned the Twin Edge to ashes with fireball and firebolt spells. Good thing I checked the floor while casting.
>>
>>14709316

it can but since it was generated at level 1 it is worthless by the time you are able to.
>>
>>14698973
The releases are coming too quickly! It took me nearly two hours to update to 1.54 because of how much changed internally. Hopefully 1.55 will be easier.

>>14702819
I could easily code it in, yes, but that would change it for everybody unless I made it a setting for tweaks. I don't really want to make a tweak for just something like that.

I'd absolutely love to be able to move all the text and some of the scripting to external files, but between working with decompiled code and Elona+ still being in development, it's really just not feasible. Jstroy's java port would be great for it, if he's still working on it.

>>14706866
Limb data is stored in one of the save files, so there's a hard-cap before you'd start overwriting other data. I'm not sure off-hand if 27 is actually the theoretical maximum, but whatever it is, it wouldn't be easy to extend.

Anyways...

Something I thought of before but never really spoke about is that it'd be pretty easy to modify the cutscene files to display custom images. If anyone was a talented artist and was interested in making them, custom images depicting the events that are happening could be added to the cutscenes. The generic defaults are really depressing sometimes.

I'd need to look into adding a way to hide the text window though, but that'd be pretty easy.

Btw, if I ever disappear (don't plan on it), both SiamJai and Bloodyshade from the wiki have access to the spreadsheet for all the lines I change. They don't have the replacement tool I made (yet), but even in the worst case, anyone with a modicum of programming ability could recreate from the details I've left in the spreadsheet.
>>
>>14709004
Use an FTP client like FileZilla.
>>
>>14709449
>FileZilla
I've heard bad things about Sourceforge but the only download link on the main site is through SF. Should I use a Torrent or is the link good-to-go?

>I could easily code it in, yes, but that would change it for everybody unless I made it a setting for tweaks. I don't really want to make a tweak for just something like that.

Fair enough, fair enough. Thanks for the response, Anna!
>>
I don't remember yerles conbat planes kicking this much ass.
>>
>>14709463
FileZilla's SF download is good enough, there are bad things said about SF, yes, but I haven't heard bad things about FZ's installer.

There are different FTP clients though.

I'm currently talking with my VPS provider why the FTP doesn't work (for me at least).
>>
I just crafted a "Large picnic basket" and for some reason I got one bottle of "Essential oils". Is that normal? The only things required were fruit and alcohol. That's not what the wiki is required. Is that normal?
>>
What are the damaging spells a mage should have?
Magic dart
Crystal Spear
Lighting Bolt
Meteor

Anything else? Are the water spells any good?
>>
>>14709505
Magic Storm. All day everyday.
>>
>>14709505
Element scar then all the element spells should be good too, I think. Not like absolutely **everything** has #########++++++ res to whatever you're attacking with. Not to mention the fact that Element Scar exists for the purpose. Could be wrong though.
>>
>>14709513

elemental scar has been nerfed constantly, only lightning is still good due to the way wet status effects the damage calculation.
>>
>>14709343
No magatama?
>>
>>14709440
Hey Anna, I know you have a lot of more important stuff to take care of, but you happen to know if it's possible to increase the pet cap from 15? I enjoy making armies of supersoldiers, even if it's a bit less effective in this game.
>>
>>14709471
Think that was mistranslated. You got what you were meant to, but they for some reason call it a picnic basket. I think they fix that in Elona custom, can't remember
>>
>>14705157
>Could not connect to server

I inputted both the IP into the host box and waifu.nl.

Password was triplechecked and re-typed, so. I probably messed up since I'm new to this, though.

>>14709584
1.54 Custom and that's how it was translated.
>>
>>14709591
It doesn't work for me either.
Username's jpftp now, I can connect but it doesn't list the directory.
>>
>>14709685
>Username's jpftp now, I can connect but it doesn't list the directory.

It says it failed to find the directory for me as well.
>>
>>14709584
>>14709591
I haven't messed with the Pot of Fusion recipe names. I probably should get to that soon though, it's a quick change.

>>14709572
I believe it would be possible, but it'd be a significant amount of work. And really, I mean a SIGNIFICANT amount.

Based on entity ID, all of the code assumes:
ID 0 is the player
IDs 1-15 are pets
IDs 16-55 are adventurers
IDs >55 are other entities on the current map

It would be possible, I think, to extend the pet count and push everything back. But you're looking at changing hundreds of lines of code, and much of it probably not easy to track down either.

So, while I think it's technically possible... It's not really feasible unless someone has many, many hours to waste.
>>
File: 1.png (556KB, 1203x804px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
556KB, 1203x804px
Oh my, I found Yuugis sweaty hot pants.
>>
How do you guys design your homes? Is there a basic theme like castle, japanese, high-tech, cave or other you follow?
>>
>>14709850
Anna yer Elonas saviour
>>
>>14710188
I'm not really too crazy about the historic castle (still using same castle layout..) or much high-techy type stuff. I guess I'd say I'm more into sort of combining like a semi-Japanese/western mansion type set up. Though I admit that may not be the most prominent theme used throughout most my floors, its just the type of style I like personally above all else.
>>
How do you get Elona to work in fullscreen 1920x1080p again? I changed the res numbers in the config txt file, and set it to full screen but it doesnt work
>>
>>14710330
have you done it before?

i'm currently using 1440x900 instead of 1080p and my elona resolution is 1248x760 so it doesn't look small and i can see the top most row.
>>
>>14710379
I think only once in the past, but your resolution seems to work fine on my PC
>>
>>14710385
>>14710379
Ack well never mind, it seems I can only get real fullscreen with the default resolutions, eh doesnt really matter
>>
File: Spells.png (2MB, 1597x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Spells.png
2MB, 1597x1200px
>>14709505
In my time playing I've trained up a bunch of spells but a bunch of them I've dropped and have instead taken up a handful of spells to train. Mainly to save time. This is my list of spells I think are pretty good but I know others have their own list for their own reasons. Anyhow, please no bully.

Magic Dart: Ol' reliable. I'm still using this spell as it's cheap, easy to restock, and it still does decent damage. I'm still killing things down in the void with it.

Lightning Bolt: I gave up on training this along the way because I had amassed a good amount of stock for thunder vortex and just went for that. Regardless, I still think the lightning bolt spell is good to have and can see others training it because it's easy to stock and there is a damage amp for enemies that are wet.

Thunder Vortex: AOE lightning. Good because of the damage amp and the fact that it's AOE.

Fireball: Undead in particular are weak to fire and this clears them out pretty well.

Iceball: Some enemies are naturually weak against ice and this clears them out pretty well.

Magic Storm: Decent damage and the gods don't really have much if any resistance against magic. Mainly trained up this spell to kill them but since it's easy to level up and does respectable damage it's turned into my bread and butter spell.

Meteor: Highest damaging spell in the game.

Crystal Spear(Optional): It will eventually do more damage than magic dart but if you've trained up magic dart it's going to take a long time for it to overtake magic dart in damage. Also, by the time you have access to crystal spear you probably have access to magic storm which is much better. So you can skip this if you want imo.

Water Bolt/Bubble Storm: Haven't used them much yet due to trying to collect stock them but I'm probably going to just use these spells as an opener for Thunder Vortex.

If you plan to build up the elemental spells do take element scar. Just be prepared to train it up pretty high.

On a side note, not an attack spell, but summon spirit should be heavily leveled up. If herbs and skill training is the turning point which takes a player to superhuman levels then summon spirit is the turning point to take the player to godhood. I credit that spell for my HP, MP and levels. With the levels comes the bonus skill points which then leads to increased skills.
>>
>>14710449
What level is your control magic?

And where can I buy/find attribution shield for my character
>>
>>14710449
What about buffs and debuffs?
>>
>>14710449
How do summoned spirits benefit your character outside of combat?
>>
I was thinking about buff spells. How often do you need them to be on at high levels?
Isn't it easier to stick to potions instead? And drink it only when needed to avoid vomiting too much.
>>
File: 2016-02-04_001731.png (519KB, 1264x798px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-04_001731.png
519KB, 1264x798px
They're crap but it's still interesting.
>>
File: 1437527736151.png (268KB, 1280x762px) Image search: [Google]
1437527736151.png
268KB, 1280x762px
The Dark Souls sound pack is finished! Updated to v. 1.1, and all of the .wav files are now working correctly (tested on Windows 7). All .wav files are replaced. As always, please report any bugs in the Dropbox comments.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l02jw0sigdj07ev/%5BElona%5D%20Dark%20Souls%20Sounds%201.1.zip?dl=0

Could the anon running the pastebin kindly add this sound pack on the list? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>14710641
Seems fun, I'll give it a go.
>>
>>14710472
attribution shield is called resist in book form.
>>
Is there a good way for a warrior dude to grind casting?
>>
>>14710682
Cast something, duh.
>>
>>14710672
Thanks
>>
File: 1423211122463.jpg (23KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1423211122463.jpg
23KB, 500x275px
>>14710641
Pretty good. I like it. It just kinda flew over my head that this is sounds only and not music.
>>
Although, what is it with the sound for turning pages in the journal?
>>
>>14709850
Damn. Oh well, nice to know that it's possible, even if it is really hard to do. You think it would be possible to make it so shopkeepers and ranch pets don't count toward that limit?
>>
>>14710749
>Although, what is it with the sound for turning pages in the journal?
The .wav file for turning the pages is called "card1.wav", which uses the same audio as the flipping of a card in a game of Blackjack. I assumed that the audio wouldn't be used elsewhere, but thank you for catching my error.

I'll look into it in the next version, though. Thanks for the feedback!

>>14710666
Hope you enjoy it!

>>14710703
>It just kinda flew over my head that this is sounds only and not music.
I used to work on a Dark Souls custom user pack, but the custom musiclist didn't work for me in one of the later updates of Elona Plus. Ehekatl doesn't like me, for some reason.
>>
>>14710546
I don't remember how the strat worked, but I think he's referring to the summon spirits cheese

iirc, if you go to a party time, kill all unnamed npcs and then fill up every space with high level summoned spirits, you can then use the potion rain thing that makes your love potions become aoe. Once you've gotten everything satisfied with the love potion, you get a massive amount of music tickets, which you can then use to buy hero cheese, magic fruit, or happy apples. Someone posted in an earlier thread showing off their hp and mp in the millions using that trick.

Again, I don't really know how that trick worked, please correct me if I'm wrong
>>
Is the "it increases your chance to deliver critical hits" attribute global or local? As in, does it only affect the weapon itself or does it affect any weapon the wielder is using?
>>
Can someone help me a bit on the tactics thing for AI

I want to train my golden knight to use shadow step on enemies greater than 5 distance away, but she doesnt do anything
>>
>>14711030
Maybe post a screenshot of what you've got and people can point out what you're doing wrong?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (222KB, 859x489px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
222KB, 859x489px
>>14711065
not 5 distance but 4, my bad
>>
>>14711073
that means if dist is less than 4, use shadow step.
>>
>>14711079
fuehhh

brb killing myself
>>
>>14711085
>>14711079
well even reversed it still gives the error message
>>
>>14711085
Also remember to put something that always evaluates to true under the shadow step command, something like distance = 1 attack distance > 1 move forward. Because your pet is still learning Shadow step he/she might not be able to use it every time, you're gonna want a backup for when it fails
>>
>>14711101
must be because the monster is less than that distance. you need an action for that too.
>>
>>14711073
As >>14711114 said.
If your pet is learning an ability it won't be using it most of the time, read the specific on Anna's blog.
Also according to your screen, you're using default AI, not custom.
Post a screen of your current AI after you fix it with what we've said.
>>
>>14711127
>>14711120
>>14711114
Okay I'll try to set up some stuff and I'll post a screen here after
>>
>>14711140
my golden knight learned shadow step from leold for 400 ap(tactical attack). her ai setup is if dist is >= 2 then use shadow step. if dist = 1 then use melee attack.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (188KB, 684x499px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
188KB, 684x499px
Okay now she moves forward but thats about it
>>
>>14711170
Changed melee to = as well and still same results
>>
Eh oh well, the AI thing seems like a really impressive addition to elona but I'm too dumb to figure it out, does the default AI actually work in south tyris?
>>
>>14711170
Fucked up commands 2 and 3. Move forward should be at dist > 1 or != 1, and attack at dist = 1. Invert them too.
Also might want to put regeneration higher than that, she'll almost never use it since the other actions take priority.
>>
>>14711170
you don't need move forward. it's either the distance is 1 which she will attack or dist is greater than 1 which she will use shadow step. that is if you learned from leold.
>>
>>14711186
It's not difficult, really. Look at the guy we're trying to help and try to conjure up a routine you like. If you set it up and it doesn't work just ask, someone might help you out.

>>14711191
Look at the screen. She's learning it via custom AI, she still needs fallback commands. She'd also need it anyway as pseudo stamina prevents skill spam.
>>
>>14711205
>>14711189
Okay I'm gonna keep trying, won't give up
>>
>>14711186
Eh, it just takes a bit of time to get used to. Once you're familiar with it, it'll all click for you. Helps to have a background in programming, the logic is similar
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (161KB, 657x470px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
161KB, 657x470px
I feel like im getting somewhere

So she'll try to use and practice shadow step when she can, but if it fails she'll move in to attack?
>>
>>14711228
Although she doesnt seem to do anything else but move in to attack
>>
>>14710984
Global.

I once snacked myself a bunch of equipment (including armors) with those and I can't stop critting.
>>
>>14711228
Yes. Do note that with dist > 1 move forward I used to have problems sometimes, and solved it by putting it at !=1. Not sure if it played a factor in it or I messed up somewhere, been a while since I tinkered AIs. Do note that with that setup you shouldn't ever see ranged attacks or insult, though. AI automatically executes the first applicable action, so she'd move forward over ranged attacks. If you want a mix of ranged and melee, put something like dist >4 ranged, dist =1 melee, dist !=1 move forward.
>>
>>14711244
Okay thank you

I guess its better to just cash in AP to learn the teleport attack rather than to try to get her to learn it
>>
>>14711250
No problem. Just keep in mind that pseudo stamina applies to all skills, including those learned via Leold, so you still need fallback commands such as the melee+move forward. As a rule of thumb those should always be the last two instructions for melee pets to prevent the confusion thing.
>>
>>14711279
Nice, everything seems to be falling in place, this should work until I go to south tyris and meet leopold to learn new skills
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (179KB, 680x488px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
179KB, 680x488px
>>14711284
>>14711279
I did forget the final picture

Just a last question, do my pets use their gauge bar automatically or is there a command for that as well?
>>
>>14711292
Actually a good question. I didn't use the custom AI that long, but I recall it having gauge as a variable and the release gauge command, so I guess you have to put it in there too.

>>14711186
See other linked post for a baseline mixed ranged-melee AI. Ignore commands your pet doesn't have, obviously.
>>
>>14711303
since you don't use the custom ai anymore, how do you make your pets use shadow step? do i just have to make movement % chance very low or none at all?

anyone here who uses the defender as a healer pet? can you share your custom ai for her? she keeps over casting.
>>
>>14710682
Casting the oracle spells is probably the universal way to grind casting, mostly because its very very spammable due to no casting animation. And its fairly easy to supply the stock because you can reserve the spells in the mages guild.
>>
>>14711339
Actually never gave shadow step to a pet. Pretty happy with their vanilla AI, usually. But I guess that yes, reducing move and possibly ranged chance would force them to shadow step if the enemy is too far away.
As for overcasting, you need an advanced command for that. Instead of just hp < X, heal; put self, mp > X, AND; self, hp < X, heal. That should prevent overcast.
It's also advisable to use a similar setup for every spell, unless your pet has large amount of mana.
>>
So how exactly do you teach or get a pet to learn how to release their gauge on enemies
>>
>>14711361
alright. need to get more learning for my defender cause she only has 7 ai slots. thanks.
>>
File: raphael.png (4KB, 175x210px) Image search: [Google]
raphael.png
4KB, 175x210px
Raphael is greatly pleased tonight.

https://a.uguu.se/yzezbx.webm
>>
>>14711532
Now THIS is OC. Fucking GREAT

How did you get them to use their gauge attacks?
>>
>>14711544
They just like to do so for some reason.
Those bitches is only good at making plats anyway. Why even care.
>>
>>14711579
P-poor little girls... Imagine Raphael violently assaulting all of their tight, nubile holes with his massive member, one after the other.
>>
File: spirit.png (1MB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
spirit.png
1MB, 1600x600px
>>14710472
My control magic is at 363.

>>14710498
Level up and use all the buffs. Not only do they get stronger but they also start to last a pretty long time. I mainly level and use element scar, silence, and nightmare(to help my Exile out) for debuffs but use what you think is useful.

>>14710556
I actually don't really use my buffs most of the time out of sheer laziness and I know that's really bad because they're pretty good. They also last for a long time at my level so I don't need to refresh constantly. Like my hero spell at lv 342 lasts for 730 turns. The last time I went buff crazy was when I went to kill the gods but since then I've gotten lazy as the things I've killed so far aren't necessarily as deadly as the gods...sorta.

>>14710546
>>14710926 He has the gist of it as far as getting tons of HP and MP. You can also use the spirits to get tons of levels. This is an old pic of my character doing it but illustrates it nevertheless.
>>
How do I move my ranch/shop/storehouse/museum to south tyris?
>>
>>14711675
I've never tried moving my property to South Tyris but I'm not sure if it's even possible to do so. If you're worried that when you access South Tyris you won't be able to go back to North Tyris don't worry. You can travel back and forth between the two using the caravan at the borders.
>>
>>14711692
Yeah but that can get a bit annoying

Are there teleport/return points in south tyris like in north tyris?
>>
>>14711699
Yes, if you cast return you can select from the list the borders to go back and forth between them.
>>
>>14711707
Sweet, might as well put my castle in north tyris then
>>
File: wwwww.jpg (74KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
wwwww.jpg
74KB, 344x344px
Anyone know how to fix this or how to re-initalize the world? Vernis is out of place and its triggering muh autism
>>
File: 5262fff237d29b8862b7d488983a3cb2.jpg (583KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5262fff237d29b8862b7d488983a3cb2.jpg
583KB, 1024x768px
>>14711712
>when there's a PALACE
>still living in a castle like a beggar
>>
>>14711759
I've been using a mansion for so long, I don't really care much for a bigger place. I've actually decided to just use a cyber house, the bigger house maps get me all dizzy...
>>
>>14711763
Nice try, poor guy.
>>
>>14711779
>smash all my piggy banks
>run up to something like 49 million gold

granted its not a lot, but I like my places smaller and comfy, like DFC

I bet you like *gasp* cow tits
>>
>>14711788
>I like my places smaller and comfy
Yes there's no mistake this must be le pleb syndrome.
>>
File: 1447661175057.gif (831KB, 225x144px) Image search: [Google]
1447661175057.gif
831KB, 225x144px
>>14711788
>Mfw poor people brag about having two cents
>>
>>14711804
Youre not gonna git me to spend my dosh and waste my time playing "/aspie/ house decorating time" while there are dungeons to be raped.
>>
File: Terror from the deep.jpg (7KB, 211x228px) Image search: [Google]
Terror from the deep.jpg
7KB, 211x228px
>>14711810
Palace have 8 servants slots. If you don't care about that, yeah, even the starting one is good.
In fact, i think i'm going to transform my palace into a cozy cave like the starting one.

Fuck living on the ground.
>>
>>14711829
A cozy cave with a big lake in the middle and floating houses would be GOAT
>>
Does anyone else sometimes get Gloves from pets that only know Carpentry?
>>
>>14710786
It might be possible, but I'd have to look into the code. If it is possible, it'd still require an additional save file, since the pet ID that they take up would have to be blanked.

>>14711292
Gauge code is separate from the AI code, so they should use it just as they do in the normal AI.
>>
>realize I need a LOT OF FUCKING FURNITURE to make my home not look like shit
>go to embassy
>constantly delete+enter to restock the furniture vendors inventory

Easy peasy
>>
>>14712387
>constantly delete+enter
git gud
>>
>>14712391
No reason to, the end result is the same, just with a helluva a lot less backtracking and waiting around doing nothing while the thought of my ugly house pisses me off
>>
>>14712392
Just use Elosnack to cheat your way to victory then. The end result is the same, just with a helluva a lot less grinding and waiting around doing nothing while the thought of my shitty potential pisses me off.

It's part of the fun to wait and see what new furniture is in stock and it is also way more satisfying when you finally get the piece you wanted.
>>
>>14712402
This, elona is all about organic growth.
>>
>>14712402

>lets compare two completely different things in an attempt to validate waiting for essentially useless doodads that are only useful for playing "house"
>lets also define fun as a singular construct that is rigidly imposed the moment you launch the game

If I want to have a pretty fucking kitchen with a sink, oven, freezer, stove, tables and chairs, with maybe some plants nearby and table decorations, how does that impact the core game. I'm gonna make it pretty, then spend 99.99999% of my time outside of my fucking house, in dungeons and in cities.

>m-muh allowance

Just doing tier 150+ dungeons nets you disgusting amounts of gold.

>>14712407
"""""""""""""""organic growth""""""""""""""""""

I dont see whats organic about dominating a hellhound and spamming fireball for two in-game days straight to level up my magic control.

Its just flat out grinding. Nothing organic about it.
>>
>>14712415
Why do you even play this game? Doesn't sound like you enjoy it.
>>
>>14711532
Why would anyone want to make this fucker happy? He doesn't even give good stuff.
>>
>>14712429
I enjoy the roguelike aspects of it. The rest is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>14712430
It's probably that anon's fetish. By 'it' I mean NTR or posting controversial things and getting people to reply. Or both.
>>
Are little sisters better pets than FoxBrothers?
>>
>>14712415
If you hate grinding you're eventually going to come to hate this game. Also, why cheat? By doing what you did you're resetting all your investment and the guys in the embassy aren't the only ones that stock furniture. Could of just invested in tons of general vendors and had the same effect. If you truly weren't autistic about your house then you could of did the 99% you talk about until they stocked stuff you like. Well whatever floats your boat. It's a one player game and it's not like your shit affects my game.
>>
>>14712387
I really hope you're not this guy >>14711759.
Shitting on someone for not owning a palace yet crying that your large palace needs tons of furniture and resorting to cheating to get it. A true pleb calling someone a beggar is in poor taste anon.
>>
>>14712430
>>14712485
if you save up a big number of engagement jewelry via pickpocketing, it is a decent way to get plats early game.
>>
She do have a blue thumb, after all.
>>
>>14712764
You're still going? Kudos to you.
>>
>>14712872
With the catalog, page number doesn't mean anything.
Wait until it falls off before making new threads.
How hard is that to understand
>>
>>14712875
So be it. Is the OP too cluttered btw?
>>
>>14712882
Clutter for the clutter god.
Links for the link post.
>>
>>14712889
You want me to link the thread?

>>14712863
>>
>>14712764
Watch out, anon, your gardening success goes down if you don't plant seeds on a farm plot.
>>
so...am i supose to use this thread or the other one my head hurts
>>
>>14714022
This one it seems. Although one should hope everyone adopts using this one so things settle down.
>>
>>14712491
Do you mean younger sister? The younger sister is a melee pet while the fox brother is a caster that comes with a good spell line up. So the question is what style of combat do you want. Both will suck if you don't build them up but both can be good if you invest time in them.
>>
Is everyone is secretly waiting for this thread to die before posting?

And does Zeome have a heal spell in his repertoire? He kept healing himself while spamming summon monsters at F35 of the void, so I'm having some trouble getting past him.
>>
>>14714688
I'm personally just going to keep posting here until the thing gets archived. As for Zeome, yes, he will spam the Jure healing spell when he gets low on life. You can either silence him, apply so much damage to him to the point where his heals can't keep up, or just have more speed than him. Pets can help if you go down the damage route.
>>
>>14714688
Just wait till he spend all the mana and die from overcasting. This is perfect silent watcher kill tehnique.
>>
>>14714763
Bosses have very high resistance to debuffs in E+, right? And thanks, the wiki doesn't say he has Jure.

>>14714776
I probably need to take him down before he summons too many of his merry friends. I'm level 71 right now, and he summons things like Ouroboros, Ungoliant, and Tyrannobreaker. Do those get the +50 level boost? Because they're just as resilient has zeome himself.

I might use a tomato and see how it goes.
>>
>>14714821
They do have high resistance but they can be overcome by leveling the spell up and increasing their spell power to overcome resistances.
>>
>>14714821
Sorry, I meant Cure of Jua. At any rate, it's a strong heal spell he casts.
>>
File: FURY.png (379KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
FURY.png
379KB, 816x638px
YES

She has the Oti-Tubaki knife too. Totally worth massacring thousands of little sisters for.
>>
File: question.png (925KB, 1531x638px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
925KB, 1531x638px
Does thorn have a special bleeding ability, or is my other artifact bleeding shield the same thing?
>>
>>14715373
Same thing. Magnitude is likely different, so is going to be damage received, but they're functionally identical.
>>
File: cant do shit.png (426KB, 811x633px) Image search: [Google]
cant do shit.png
426KB, 811x633px
Damn, I thought I was so smart. Guess I need more pickpocket.

>>14715448
Thanks. Guess I'll go with thorn for extra damage and nerve resist
>>
>>14715705
Most of us tried that yes, only to remember god statues are precious.
>>
File: 1452250820017.png (902KB, 1280x767px) Image search: [Google]
1452250820017.png
902KB, 1280x767px
Dark Souls sound pack is now v.1.2! Minor tweaks and edits, most of the edited sounds won't be heard until South Tyris. Fixed "card1.wav". Added a changelog in the zip, and created a folder in Dropbox for easier access between versions. Forked the main menu and sounds, so that they could be downloaded separately. Enjoy.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xu0i5zil213iyie/AAAJGR93dpkUc-QtCEdA9g3za?dl=0
Thread posts: 488
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.