[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ran decided she no longer wants to work under Y.Y and is currently

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 2011-11-19-453269.jpg (433KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2011-11-19-453269.jpg
433KB, 1000x1200px
Ran decided she no longer wants to work under Y.Y and is currently planning her demise. Can she pull it off?
>>
File: 1449041175779.png (120KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
1449041175779.png
120KB, 344x344px
>>14686196
Bold move.

All she will accomplish is to set an example for Chen to do the same in the future.
>>
>>14686196
I never understood Ran.
What would happen to a Shikigami after it's master dies?
Does she have to obey, can she quit?

It's just strange how her life seems so tied to Yukari's. I wonder if Yukari's crow shikigami will be as cute as Ran. Maybe they will be cuter than even crow tengu.
>>
>>14686211
If Ran is a natural 9 tailed fox, Yukari is probably limiting her power, if anything.
>>
>>14686196
That really depends on whether it's possible to kill a being that defines what death -is-
>>
>>14686353
It would be great if you were dating Yukari and when she would hibernate she would force Ran to be an outlet for your sexual desires.She views Ran as a tool, so it wouldnt be NTR. Hell she probably uses Ran to pleasure herself if she even has a sex drive.
>>
File: 1254025096702.png (118KB, 400x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1254025096702.png
118KB, 400x1199px
Ran would have to face off against super Chen
>>
>>14686211
>>14686353
Why does everyone act like Ran is a robot? She has a will of her own and just about the only canon material we her is how she disobeys Yukari and takes a beating for it.
>>
>>14686318
Yukari cannot define what death is, and if she tried, I'm sure a yama or a shinigami would have some words for her.
>>
All she has to do is poison dinner.
>>
>>14686606
at best it just gonna give Yukari diarrhea,
>>
>>14686619
Yukari isnt immortal.

>>14686553
She loses/gains power based on Yukari's orders and is pretty much a slave. No real free will.
>>
>>14686603
And yet, the difference between life and death is merely a border.

A border which can be redefined.

All that's needed is to redefine who dies when she's killed.
>>
>>14693147
Yukari isnt that strong.Ony Yuyuko can manipulate that border.
>>
>>14693400
Poor thing, who told you this nonsense?
>>
>>14686553
>Why does everyone act like Ran is a robot?
She is close to one, Yukari makes no illusions about the state of a Shikigami basically being a computer which is only as good as the user input. The one time she beat Ran was because not doing what Yukari wanted broke the link between their powers and endangered Ran by making her weaker. When she does what Yukari wants Ran is supposed to be equally as strong as Yukari.

And there is enough about Ran that we know she is basically just one huge boring nerd. Yukari once even lamented on how she prefers associating with Remilia over Ran for that reason.
>>
The person who made this thread is stupid and it would never work.
>>
>>14693420
Yukari has never shown evidence of manipulating such a thing. She is just overhyping herself.
>>
>>14693591
Lack of evidence is not evidence of lack.

Besides, Yuyuko's power is "invitation to death," not control over the border of life and death. She can kill anything, but that's the extent of the power's variance.
>>
>>14693430
Ran needs sex to set her mind free;.
>>
>>14694393
>Lack of evidence is not evidence of lack
And yet you're the one claiming that this is possible for her, so the burden of proof is on you. Yuyuko's thing isn't really related, but your assumption that Yukari could do something like redefine a point of death in order to never die is not warranted.
>>
>>14701872
Let's start with the (semi) official materials!

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Yukari_Yakumo#Abilities_and_strength

>With the word "boundary" in its name, Yukari is capable of pretty much anything put under the influence of this ability. In her monologue during A Beautiful Flower Blooming Violet Every Sixty Years, she explains that this power allows her to control the boundaries "between any and all things", like Gensokyo and the outside world, the worlds of the living and the dead, humans and youkai, and even the day and the night. [8]

The page itself goes into more detail, but the gist of it is, if there's a difference - a boundary - between "This" and "That," she can redefine it. Consider this: "Upon Yuyuko's request, repairing the border between the present world and the Netherworld, i.e the boundary between life and death that has become thin (Perfect Cherry Blossom)"

Already, she's shown general power over the difference between life and death.
>>
B...bu...but Yukari is omnipotent...
>>
>>14693430
>Yukari once even lamented on how she prefers associating with Remilia over Ran for that reason.
When?
I remember reading Yukari found Ran boring for her being almost robotic.
Then I read how Ran was an autist who caclulated the length and depth of a size changing river. I think Ran has autistic, not even Eirin has done such things "for fun".
>>
>>14703786
>When?
My memory says it was in CiLR, Yukari was being her usual playful self as usual and asks Ran a rhetorical question about the moon cycles.

Ran then proceeds to give a straight faced answer droning on about gravitational physics complete with full calculations and mathematical proofs.

Yukari just outright calls Ran depressingly boring and implies she'd prefer Remi's company because she's entertaining at least.
>>
>>14703289
You're taking extrapolation by users at face value. This is exactly why I'm saying your claims are unwarranted -- they're the same as any other random dude wildly diverging from what has actually been done in works.

That line in SDV talks about how she can blur the boundary between many different concepts (that have boundaries) and how she can nullify barriers, which is probably one of the most accurate description of her abilities that appears in the literature, and ironically one that people tend to gloss over the most. It doesn't suggest what you seem to think it does. The first sentence just reiterates how she describes her ability and doesn't mean much besides implying her ability covers a wide breadth.

Gensokyo and the Netherworld were separated by a barrier; she isn't manipulating the boundary between life and death there, but even if this were the case, it doesn't evidence at all that she could "redefine death". She didn't even repair the barrier at that, she just left it (although she obviously could have). Describing that barrier as being the same as the boundary between life and death in any sense besides metaphorical is absurd.
>>
>>14705611
IF she master her power she could do that, although I don't think she mastered it yet
>>
File: Yakumo.Ran.full.1170052.jpg (366KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Yakumo.Ran.full.1170052.jpg
366KB, 1000x1000px
>>14704607
Ran doesn't care for small talk and I can relate. No time for fooling around with petty things. If you got married to Ran, she'd probably want to immediately start making babies.
>>
>>14706436
Yukari would probably make her infertile or summon miscarriages.
>>
File: 4556363.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4556363.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>14693430
>And there is enough about Ran that we know she is basically just one huge boring nerd.

I'm a huge boring nerd too, where can I meet her?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.