[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the best way to end the Touhou series? I mean,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: Touhou.full.1885103.jpg (3MB, 3035x2149px) Image search: [Google]
Touhou.full.1885103.jpg
3MB, 3035x2149px
What would be the best way to end the Touhou series?
I mean, we all know it's going to happen eventually. One of these days ZUN's going to hang up the old cap and release that one last final game before retiring. It can be 3 games from now, it can be 30 games from now, but sooner or later it's going to happen. What should that one last game be?
>>
all star medley
>>
Hype as fuck game where the dragon god gets tired of the bullshit going on in gensokyo and is attempting to destroy it

Extra stage is a hard as fuck HRtP styled level, then a HRtP styled boss level with zun as the boss, and innocent treasures would be playing. After you win, he congratulates you for winning and then thanks you for playing.
>>
File: legend of gensokyo 90.webm (2MB, 338x400px) Image search: [Google]
legend of gensokyo 90.webm
2MB, 338x400px
>>14682008
That would be the most appropiate thing he could do.
>>
The story will probably end with Reimu retiring. I can't really see Zun killing any major characters off.

It would be nice is Zun introduced a new Hakurei miko and she was Reimus apprentice but I don't think Zun actually puts a lot of thought into characterization. He's always cared more about actual gameplay.

I would personally have more official touhou games that are not shooters. The only reason I still play them is to see all the new whacky designs but I never have the urge to go back and play through them after the first few clears.
>>
I actually don't think Zun is going to make a big ending conclusion to the series.
I think when Zun stops working on Touhou(or if he dies) it will just end just like that with nothing big happening.
The biggest thing that could happen I think is a somewhat bigger incident, but nothing too serious.

I don't think a big conclusion ending or something like that fits Touhou at all.
>>
The hardest Touhou game yet with three extra stages. Two is the regular extra and phantasm. The third is an unwinnable survival against VIVIT, where the longer you stay alive, the better your score.
>>
Reimu takes a poop, the poop becomes sentient, Shinny shrinks down Reimu, Marisa, Youmu, Sanae, Reisen, Sakuya and Alice to go and fight it in the toilet.
>>
>>14682146
>The only reason I still play them is to see all the new whacky designs but I never have the urge to go back and play through them after the first few clears.
Congratulations. You're a healthy human.
>>
>>14681952
He wont stop, he makes them for fun and would take a break at most. Never kill the series,

However when Zun dies I dont know what I will do. I dont plan on living that long, 60 at longest because retirement seems incredibley boring and at that point in your life your health is shit and it only gets worse.

Luckily I think if Zun potsed "I have liver cancer" someone would an hero and then Zun would get his liver.

>>14682024
>Destroying it
Fuck you, I want to live there after I die. Gensokyo must live on forever.
>>
>>14682641
It will

Reimu would smack his shit if it happened, it doesn't matter if he has the very highest powerlevel in the series
>>
What sort of player character options would you want for the final game?

-IN Style Teams
-SA Style Teams
-Marisa + Reimu + 2 others, 1 shot type each
-Phantasmagoria Style

Would you want PC-98 themes/characters to come back in force for the final game or just let them rest? [
>>
ZUN gets of making Touhou games. The End.
>>
>>14682766
I'd want each playable character from the mainline games (not counting phantasmagorias and IN teams) to come back, although that would make the roster kind of big for a non-phantasmagoria.

It'd end up being:
Reimu
Marisa
Mima
Yuuka
Sakuya
Youmu
Sanae
Reisen

I'd also like a few PC98s to come back. Obviously Mima would if it was going by the character scheme I was saying, but I'd really like to see the return of Yumemi and Shinki. Maybe Chiyuri and Yumeko could tag along with their respective final bosses too.
>>
The credits music should be The Strange Everyday Life of the Flying Shrine Maiden.

It gives off a really strong sense of that no matter what crazy shit happens in Gensokyo, in the end, it's still a normal day for the characters, and that life will still go on.
>>
>>14681952
>it's going to happen eventually.
But it has already happened. There won't be any more touhou games, anon
>>
Flandre as playable character
>>
CtC
>>
>>14682008
Would be interesting but he'd have to change the spell cards a little or it'd be the lazy kind of difficulty.
>>14682024
Wouldn't the Dragon God be off-limits? ZUN said "you need to be able to defeat all of the bosses in the games and all."

And that second part seems very interesting. After Touhou ends, ZUN will be just a forgotten human like Miko, so he'd end up in Gensokyo. That's definitely possible.

>>14682146
>The story will probably end with Reimu retiring. I can't really see Zun killing any major characters off.
Probably, yeah.

>>14682496
VIVIT is uncanon and lame, and Phantasm is exclusive to Yukari. Stop being a secondary.
>>
>>14682766
IN was good because of the single character mode with 2hus that would otherwise be unplayable. Other than that, the IN teams were an annoying system that prevented you from focusing if you wanted a certain shot type (yeah, the other games do that too, but the shot types aren't completely different).
SA style teams were cool, but the characters didn't have sprites or their own bullet pattern. They were just there for the dialogue.
4 characters with 1 shot type each is kinda lackluster.
Phantasmagoria style for a final game would be weird as hell, even though I like it a lot.

I'd rather get 6 shot types like PCB, MoF, SA, UFO and DDC BUT with 6 different characters. It has not been done before, but it isn't unusually big either.

Oh, and ZUN doesn't want to write the same characters again. Returning PC-98 characters would have to be really well-liked by ZUN like Yuuka and Alice, or they'd be playable characters since he doesn't have a problem with repeating playable characters.
>>
How about teams of two, from a pool of Marisa, Reimu Sakuya, Youmu and Raisin. Anyone can pair up with anyone, you can switch with your partner on the fly, and your partner affects your shot type.
>>
>>14693909
When did Reisen become relevant?
>>
I want the final boss to be Reimu which uses all patterns of bosses from the previous games
>>
Mima
>>
>>14681952
With a game that would be really good, featuring any number of characters but at least with Reimu and Marisa as playable.
>>
A fighting featuring all the 2hus that already exist and some new characters. Of course, with netplay. And not this shit we got in HM/ULiL, I want to stand on the ground not flying all the time. Built on SDL. Cross-platform. That would never happen anyway.
>>
>>14682641
>Luckily I think if Zun potsed "I have liver cancer" someone would an hero and then Zun would get his liver.
Fukken lol'd. He has not cancer, why would you want to say he has and replace his healthy liver?
>>
>>14694100
>I want to stand on the ground not flying all the time
What a fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1427477463392.jpg (83KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
1427477463392.jpg
83KB, 438x438px
>>14694109
>>
>>14693718
>the IN teams were an annoying system that prevented you from focusing if you wanted a certain shot type (yeah, the other games do that too, but the shot types aren't completely different).
I'd like to say that I'm currently playing on Lunatic and liking the different shot types so far. Actually, I wouldn't mind another game by ZUN like that. Opinions and stuff desu.
>>
>>14694151
It's not like I didn't like the system sometimes, but the combination of erratically changing shot types and the time orb collection system (both based on focusing or not) was pretty annoying. Reimu team was MUCH more fun to play than Remilia team because of the system, for instance.
>>
>>14694173
I know what you mean, but I just see it as another challenge to master. It's only a doujin game after all, I expect it to contain unfair shit here and there. Making it through it all feels good.
>>
>>14681952
A Marisa/Reimu IN style team.
>>
>>14681952
>What would be the best way to end the Touhou series?
By nuking the fucking moon and put an end to the moon reich
>>
>>14694348
Seal the survivors in the dream world
>>
Post what IN style teams you would want in the final game.

-Futo/Ichirin
>>
Hiroshima gensokyo
>>
Can you imagine the shitstorm that would occur if ZUN made an official vote for the final playable characters.
>>
>>14693974
LoLK?

Also, she's one of the five characters unlocked by default in PoFV, alongside Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya and Youmu.
>>
>>14694387
Chen/Ran
Iku/Tenshi
Suika/Yuugi
Keine/Mokou
Seija/Sagume
Yoshika/Seiga
Nue/Mamizou
Clowpiece/Hecatia
Parsee/Hata no Kokoro

I'd be very happy of one of those made it in, really. There are endless possibilities desu. Also
>Futo/Ichirin
Please explain.
>>
>>14694387
Snek/Froge
>>
>And now player, I leave the rest of the games to you. Make me proud.
>>
>>14694387
>Futo/Ichirin
Should be Ichirin/Unzan

I want at least one spinoff where all the major bosses who didn't get to be protagonists get IN style teams and have to face off against all the character that have been protagonists for the shumps

Remi/Flan
Eirin/Kaguya Or Mokou/Kaguya
Komachi/Eiki
Kanako/Suwako
Satori/Koishi or Orin/Okuu
Shou/Byakuren or Nazrin/Shou
Seiga/Miko
I'm not sure who would be the pairing from DDC, since Seija would be a boss
Junko/Hecatia

The bosses would be, in order,
Cirno, Aya, Seija, <Varies by team>, Marissa, and then Reimu
The 4th boss would be someone related to the group that was playable at one point, so like Reisen for Kaguya's team or Sanae for Kanako's.
>>
I would want teams based off of shared interests or for storyline reasons rather than the typical ''These two characters are in the same household''.

Like Kyoko/Mystia.
>>
Seija's uprising actually works and the humans are wiped out in the ensuing chaos.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.