[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 55

File: up14531.png (841KB, 1680x1152px) Image search: [Google]
up14531.png
841KB, 1680x1152px
Wiki: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
Previous thread: >>14605081
(Slightly outdated) pastebin: http://pastebin.com/T2RCwdh8
Anon's extra sprites:
http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/ssjonr.bmp

http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/fshbmg.bmp

Kumiromi is the god of death and harvester of souls.

Elona+ 1.54 is out:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:19997
>>
>>14667190
Your base looks similar to Palmia.
>>
File: up15133.jpg (1MB, 1680x1152px) Image search: [Google]
up15133.jpg
1MB, 1680x1152px
>>14667198
Not mine. I stole it off shitaraba.

And by the way, it's from an omake variant. Not sure which one though.
>>
File: karavika.png (449KB, 806x626px) Image search: [Google]
karavika.png
449KB, 806x626px
What an incredible fight.
Me + 6 pets + 9 undead zombies VS Karavika.

First part was just me and the pets. We managed to bring her below 50% with only 2 casualties (the ranged pets) but that was within my calculation.
Then I started my preparations for the run wildry part.
Left my pets play around with the goose and I started summoning the undeads.
Then soma + undead boost and joined the fight again with my axe.
When she was close to 25% I dropped my girdle (because it block teleport!) and moved away.
Then soma and provoke. As she started rushing towards me I activated undead bombs and she was finally in run wildry status.
Immediately rushed the fucker and gauge released in her face but the bitch was still standing.
Pets and remaining undeads surrounded her with the obvious result of being slaughtered.
Except one.
As I realized that the end was near and unconsciously approached my eternal force gun to unleash its power and at least die a more glorious dead, my vampire girl appeared in front of me.
And just like that she chopped her head.

Half of Ol-dran was on fire and blood was splattered everywhere but I did walk away with my new cool glasses.
>>
Anyone got tips on finding scrolls of flying?
>>
>It's too hard! Your stomach screams.
>>
>>14668181
Invest in a lot of magic vendors or use your wishes to get them. You'll find them sometimes on the dungeon floor in high level dungeons. At any rate, the scroll is rare and you won't be swimming in them. Most people spend a very long time just collecting them and saving them up.
>>
Updated spritesheets:

http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/rohzgc.bmp

http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/ddjovq.bmp

Also fixed that compatibility issue that kept crashing the game upon startup, just couldn't correct it in the outdated gimp.
>>
>>14668181
>>14668543

Goods vendors also make for a surprisingly good investment as well, since there were periods where I'd actually find more on sale from their collection than I'd see over at the magic vendors.
>>
>>14668679
Yeah, I've actually seen then sell flying scrolls too
albeit much less than at magic stores, but still there
>>
I heard the backup script no longer works, is that true?

I would really like a backup system.
>>
File: digivolve.png (305KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
digivolve.png
305KB, 816x638px
Fuck yeah, time to evolve little girl.
>>
>>14669118
At first I though you were some kind of mutant squirrel.
>>
File: fun shield.png (556KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
fun shield.png
556KB, 816x638px
Oh, boy
>>
File: compensating.png (461KB, 809x728px) Image search: [Google]
compensating.png
461KB, 809x728px
Found a rocket launcher. Use on Zeome Y/N?
>>
I just got my Exile pet!
But frankly, I have no idea what to do with him now, and the wiki has very little information too. Does anyone have tips to turn my Exile into an unstoppable murdermachine?
>>
>>14669376
is that even a question?
>>
File: aegis.png (349KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
aegis.png
349KB, 816x638px
>massacre the the thieves guild because I need greater evasion
>had to kill trainer in the process

God dammit, guess I have to wish for it.
>>
>>14669532
Why not just disguise for it and then leave.
>>
>>14669566
Doesn't that not work anymore?
>>
>>14669572
It still works, only the Guild Master won't be fooled by it (and they'll usually come rushing over right away).

You can continue killing the Guild Master even when Incognito runs out and everyone else in the guild won't care, unless you or your pets spammed AOEs like mad.
>>
>>14669599
Ah, I'll remember that for next time.

My character has enough PV to tank the guildmaster easy
>>
File: Exile.png (2MB, 1601x1201px) Image search: [Google]
Exile.png
2MB, 1601x1201px
>>14669387
The god pets are a little bit more difficult to train than say the little girl because of a higher INI but they're still relatively easy. My Exile has pretty lousy gear still due to focusing my attention on building my character up. The first weapon I gave her was the Staff of Insanity which is a story boss drop so you can't miss it. Prior to this the Elemental Staff is good for the Exile. Try to equip the Exile with any spare resist gear you can find.

If you're still in North Tyris, which is sounds like you are, then you should just focus on keeping the Exile's attribute and skill potentials high. To do this, make sure you let your Exile loot some of the dungeon boss gold drops, gems, etc so that the Exile can spend money at the trainer to raise potentials.

When you reach South Tyris that's when you can really get serious about training your pets. The first thing I did after I geared my Exile was raise her speed. To do this you'll need AP which you will exchange with an NPC named Leold. Through AP you can raise a pets speed to 500 and then 800 after you gain access Irva. I remember kickstarting my Exile's AP generation through tagging my Exile to me and having her leech off of my kills. When she was strong enough I stopped tagging and let her kill things on her own.

Another thing you can do with having your Exile farm AP is to convert them to skill bonus. 2000 AP will get you 400 skill bonus. You can repeat AP conversion for skill bonus as long as you like and that's the primary method I used to get my Exile's casting to 1000. Casting is the skill you focus on for raising the Exiles damage.

To cap attributes and speed you can feed your Exile herbs. Curarias was my herb of choice but if you can give them herbed herbs with Curaria as a base then definitely do so as that is extremely potent in raising pet attributes. If you like you can also give your pet Hermes Blood and Speed Uppers to aid in the goal of 2000 speed.

Lastly, make sure to leash your Exile and make sure you have a way to heal your Exile. I make use of healing rain a lot for this.
>>
File: popcorn muncher.png (427KB, 809x630px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn muncher.png
427KB, 809x630px
Variable breath is great
>>
Well, I just got to South Tyris. Can I build a second home here, or will doing so destroy the house I have already in North Tyris?
>>
>>14670357
This will destroy your previous home.
Instead, you can gain an additional base through a quest in south Tyris.
>>
>>14670370
Alright, thanks. Would it be worth it to use a removal deed to just transfer my existing home to the new continent?
>>
>>14671351
I still find the most useful location for building your house to be in front of Palmia.
Haven't unlocked the third chapter yet though so maybe things will change.
>>
>>14671351
Not really. It's more of a subjective thing, but the return points in ST are pretty evenly spaced out, while in NT you can't teleport in the center-west of the map without a home, unless you return to Lesimas and use an escape scroll.
>>14671392
Irva doesn't really have unique locations to warrant a home in there except Amur Cage and the Workshop, and you don't need to visit those that often. Might be useful for Ol Dran as it has pretty much every possible vendor, but so does Palmia, and what's missing from it is either in the embassy or a return spell away in Larna.
>>
Is there any way to search more than 50 pages on the ElonaUploader? Someone went and flooded it with nonsense and now there's no way of finding the quality OC.
>>
If I set the pet AI to learn magic dart will they use the skill every now and then even if I don't set the AI to custom? How can I set it so that melee pets should melee by default without me having to tell them?
>>
File: ぶすり.png (424KB, 806x727px) Image search: [Google]
ぶすり.png
424KB, 806x727px
I guess the rocket launcher does fire-based damage, since it did 7k to some other mob. I wonder if the damage scales with marksman or something.

The launcher is rechargeable by the way.
>>
Will music packs ever make a comeback?
>>
>>14671731
they're bulky, tedious and hard to share

probably not.
>>
>>14671659
I believe Anna stated that spells learned through her AI only work if you're using her custom AI. Check with her of you see her around here or ask on the wiki, just to be sure.
What do you mean by "without me having to tell them"?
>>
>>14671861
Self > MP% is greater than 90 use magic dart
Target > Distance is greater than 1 use gun/bow/whatever
None

At best they use the bow and only the bow but otherwise they just stand there confused. What do?
>>
>>14671890
I'm assuming they stay there confused while they're at point blank range, correct? Put the last command as target, distance = 1, melee attack. That will stop them from doing nothing.
Otherwise it's likely that they know there's someone somewhere, but they can't see it and therefore attack. In that case put target, distance >1, move forward as a last command.
Note that with this order they'll prefer ranged over melee. You with the custom AI you currently can't give them a 50/50 chance of doing action A or B, they'll always choose the first applicable action.
If you want a more hybrid pet, put something like
target distance >= 4 (random range, put something that works for that weapon), ranged;
target diatance = 1, melee;
target distance <=3, move forward.
Always remember to put a failsafe option in the last step, such as distance =/= 1, move forward.
>>
File: DesiredSpritesheet.jpg (444KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
DesiredSpritesheet.jpg
444KB, 1280x896px
>>14672089
Will try, thanks but will the pets know to use Magic dart even if I don't specify that they use it?

Also are there any things I need to know before I upload a full portrait sprite sheet? Because when I resize pic related to 800/744 I get over-lapping portraits. Sort of like, when I press C in the character slot, there's a mish-mash of two portraits at once.
>>
>>14672201
I add to this question how you exactly make so a portrait is show in each NPC dialogue because I get everything randomized everytime.
>>
>>14672201
No. With the custom AI the pets only do whatever you set them to do, hence why you get pets that stand there confused. Custom AI completely overrides the normal one. Basically, unless you specifically tell them to use, say, magic dart in situation X, they act as if they don't know that spell at all, regardless of whether they inherently knew it or you taught them via custom AI. The same apply to every other action, even if it's simply walking toward the enemy.
Again, vanilla AI should be a preset with X% chances to do Y, so even if you teach them a spell they shouldn't normally use it. Ask Anna or the wiki for confirmation, I might be wrong.
As for the custom portraits, sorry but I can't help. Aside from using custom I'm using vanilla assets.
Everything else, just ask, I'll help if I can.
>>
>>14672262

What do I need to teach my pet so that they'll start making weapons and armors instead of just helments and shields? I'm a level 24 mutant with no arms or legs but four heads. How get limb?
>>
>>14672282
Carpentry/tailoring depending on whether you want heavy or light armor. You also need the skill to reach a certain level, wiki has a requirement list at the respective pages. Never heard or seen of pets creating weapons, as far as I know you're the only one who can.
Note that even at the correct skill level, what you get is still random.
>limbs
Doctor Gavela in Melugas, though you lose a bit of life and you'll probably end up with a complicated body reducing your speed. Might want to save scum.
>>
what's the most new player friendly class to start as?
>>
>>14672536
IMO, Juere Pianist and Juere Thief are really newbie friendly. I think the pastebin should have recommendations as well.

If you're building to have everything you need to start face rolling and have knowledge on how everything works then the formula is warmage + race of choice or (Elea, Eulderna, Fairy, or Lich) + class of choice.

If you're new to the game I'd say stay away from mutant or fairy. They're not bad races at all but the special considerations you have to keep in mind when you play with them can be daunting for a new player which might be already overwhelmed.
>>
>>14672628
i thought pianists were really weak and you had to keep like 10 pets to do all the work for you. is it possible to run thru the whole game with just 1 or maybe 2 pets? or am i always gonna be at a disadvantage?
>>
>>14672719
Pianist starts slow but in my opinion taking perfoming and farming to around lv30 should be the priority for everyone.
After that just switch class.
>>
>>14672719
Pianists start you off with an instrument and the performing skill which you can use to generate some nice gold at the beginning of the game. That's the main reason for playing as one since gold generation should be the first problem you solve when you start playing Elona.

As for how playing a pianist that can kill things, choosing to use pets is completely optional but is highly recommended. Since you can eventually learn all the skills in the game and train them up, you can kill things like anyone else.

If you do decide to run with pets you'll be faced with the classic problem of beginnings where you have to decide if you'll specialize in a handful of very powerful pets or go the army of pets route where you have a bunch of them but not as powerful. I personally like the handful of pets route myself. I have less pets to babysit and the burden of finding them good equipment to keep them alive is less. Also, the people who run around with fewer pets aren't as impacted as much about the division of exp that comes from grouping up on a monster. You can get by fine as a solo player or with how many pets you want to run with even if it's just one.

My recommendation if you go the pianist route, is to get the firearm and marksman skill if you don't have it and shoot things in the background while your little girl goes face to face with the enemies. Train up your little girl and yourself and should be fine.
>>
Man, have been trying to get a Bell for hours on end now. Is there any way to make them spawn?
>>
>>14672719
Nothing about classes are permanent, not even the class feats (you can change them with a blank business card). Pianists don't start with the best combat-oriented stats but they have a couple of useful skills that can really help you survive early game. The more important choice is race, as while all races can go to end-game equally, some races are better than others once you get past early game.
>>
Will they ever fix the preaching crash?
>>
>>14672719
You can have pets literally do everything for you

I'm at Lost Irva and already beat all of the main quest that you can and I depend completely on my team of six pets.

They are literally stronger than I am. But that tends to happen because they get all the exp and AP from killing things while I just wander around collecting materials in dungeons while buffing and healing them. They're all specialized for certain tasks while my character is jack of all trades Adventurer. Pets also get more speed from AP and can always have higher potentials from paying gold to train in towns. My pets even have higher performing skills than I do thanks to Ensemble.

Pets will straight up outclass you late game. It's easier for them to level up.
>>
>>14672935
At high enough ranks they'll be showing up in every single hunting quest. This probably isn't an option for you. You could try boosting your spellpower as high as possible and grinding Summon Monsters.
>>
>>14672977
Nope. Seems to be an English only issue.

Elona Custom takes care of it though.
>>
File: edgefist.png (264KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
edgefist.png
264KB, 816x638px
Attribute is pretty cool. Though I thought it would be a permanent feat and not a buff.

Darkness fist!
>>
>>14673687
You were a sound elemental not so long ago.
>>
>>14673930
Yacatect gave me her darkness resisting coin.
>>
So, how can I get more hands on my pets without using mutants or Dr. gavela? I've tried using mitras and great race of yiths, neither have worked so far
>>
>>14674331
Gotta go bigger. Varuna at the very least.
>>
File: utility.png (531KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
utility.png
531KB, 816x638px
>>14674264
On that note, this coin is surprisingly damaging with its %100 pierce
>>
>>14672935
Lowest floor of puppy cave had them. Has silver cats too.
>>
Are museums worth the money?
>>
>>14675337
Yes.
>>
>>14675337
I'd say they are worth it
My Museum is a money maker for me, but you probably won't get a high rating for it until late game

Buy it anyway as a place to dump cards and figures
>>
If I put both Tailoring and Carpenty on my pet will the pet produce a random light/heavy armor each morning?
>>
>>14675469
They'll use the one at a higher skill level, at least in the latest patches. So you'll only get one item.
>each morning
Each morning that you wake up. It does nothing if you don't sleep.
>>
Anyone has a copy of the datasheet for EloSnack? Is the forum down or something?
>>
Everytime I plant anything the crops wither. I even have the rain ether disease. I usually leave them alone while I go travelling. Is there some way I can farm that doesn't result in dead plants?
>>
>>14675941
Whats your gardening skill at?
>>
>>14675946
Apparently I don't have the skill. I could have sworn I'd bought it at Yowyn but, I guess not.
>>
>>14675964
HOLY SHIT. I HATE HARVEST TIME QUESTS.

How do you grow 6 extremely mini melons? What's wrong with farmers these days?
>>
>>14675964
Well I guess that would explain why you can't garden.
>>
>>14672977
>>14673507

If you're curious, the underlying cause of this crash is that when you get interrupted, there's supposed to be a message that displays something like "You stop preaching." The part that identifies the action - "preaching" in this case - is dynamically concatenated onto the rest of the string based on your current action state (preaching, performing, chopping, etc.). Problem is, Ano didn't add an English equivalent for some actions, so when this string prints, it tries to access a null and crashes.

It's the same type of problem that caused the Kuron / Shiraha quest crash. At the start of the quest, Shira uses お兄(onii) or お姉(onee) to address you, and it's again dynamically concatenated onto the rest of the string. No equivalents were made, so the variable for onii/onee is never defined when under English settings. Causes it to try to access a null, causes a crash.
>>
>>14676034
Anna is it possible for you to set the custom AI so that pets automatically use the skills they were set to learn? Like with a threshold at 50% MP where they stop?
>>
Guys, I have a very strange glitch.
I got the 'ears of the beast' ether mutation, and quaffed a potion of cure disease to solve it. It didn't work. I tried again, which was a waste of money. I then tried to use Elosnack, and found my ether disease to be at 0, as well as the ears mutation.
However: I still have it. Is there any way to solve this?
>>
does it matter what my pets' attributes potentials are when gene engineering them with others to increase their stats/level? thanks.
>>
Ok so I can get certain crops to 'growing' but I have no clue how. In any case, how can I get the crops from 'growing' to 'grown'/harvest now?

Also do I put rotten corpses on the place with scarecrows and if so should I pile them all up into a bunch and leave them to get fertilizer?
>>
>>14676197
You took a potion of cure corruption right? Cure mutation doesn't work for ether wind stuff.
>>
>>14676762
In game time has to pass for crops to grow and to reach the state where you can harvest them. You'll know when you can harvest them when you go over them and they say, "A x tree has bore a lot of fruit." Where x is whatever you planted such as vegetable, fruit, etc.

For the fertilizer, just read the book that comes with the farm when you place it. You did buy a farm deed right? You'll get better results if you plant your seeds on a farm.
>>
>>14676762
Usual MO for fertilizer is fruit trees behind the composter. Bash the tree, the fruit lands on top of the tile and immediately starts rotting.
>>
>>14677157
>For the fertilizer, just read the book that comes with the farm when you place it. You did buy a farm deed right? You'll get better results if you plant your seeds on a farm.

I don't see anything about whether or not to stack rotten corpses or how long to wait in the book.
>>
>>14677163
Food rots in parallel but composts serially. You'll want to distribute among your 5 compostors for maximum time-compost efficiency.
>>
>>14677182
Ok so I just plant seeds and 'd'rop a corpse then kill time?
>>
>>14677163
You can stack corpses in the composter. You wait for them to rot like any other time it takes things to rot so you'll have to wait for a bit. Go do something else and come back later to your farm.
>>
>>14676762
Fertilizer just speeds up the process of getting a crop to the state where you can harvest them. You don't really need fertilizer as crops without it will still get to the state where you can harvest them if you're patient enough.
>>
>>14677210
fertilizer does give bonuses to the fruit/vegetables you use it on though, or so I thought?
>>
>>14677210
Even when I extremely luckily get a thing to the 'growing' stage, the crop never makes it past that point. I read fertilizer can automatically take a crop to 'grown', so yeah..
>>
>>14677213
You're correct, it does. It's just when I was reading what you said earlier I was curious if you thought that fertilizer was a necessary thing to get your crops to fully grown state. Just wanted to point out it's not necessary for that if there was confusion there.
>>
>>14677216
Likely because you either don't have gardening/it's low level. Go to Yowyn and farm harvest quests, kill time, harvest quest, repeat. If you have low speed, do Yowyn quests, then check Palmia and Vernis, they might have some, and by the time you reach the next city quests will reset.
If you have high enough faith, worship Kumiromi. He gives bonuses to gardening and his second reward lets you revive a dead plant/speed it up to the next level every 72 hours.
Also check what you're planting, rare seeds such as herbs and artifacts require a higher gardening to survive.
>>
>>14677268
Yeah, you can imagine my surprise when I picked up a watermelon and my gardening skill leveled up.
>>
>>14677228
i'm not the person you responded to earlier, just a bystander.
>>
Where the hell do I find a pot for fusion? I've gone through so many dungeons and have yet to find one.
>>
>>14677822
You can buy them from general stores sometimes.
>>
>>14677843
I guess I'm just extremely unlucky.
>>
File: need that trainer.png (303KB, 816x638px) Image search: [Google]
need that trainer.png
303KB, 816x638px
Incognito is not working.
>>
>>14678095
Doesn't work on <unique enemies> in E+.
>http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Spells#Changed_Spells:_Incognito
>As of patch 1.30, the spell no longer works on unique enemies.
>>
>>14678339
Guild trainers are unique? Fuck
>>
>>14678350
Oh. No no no.

Incognito should've worked on everyone except the guild master, and they should stay neutral even after it wears off.
>>
>>14678396
Nope, everyone was aggravated despite incognito
>>
>>14678400
Did you enter the guild, THEN use incognito? A "?" should appear on everyone's head.
>>
>>14678405
I used incognito then entered the guild, was I supposed to enter first?
>>
File: 20120131184523ecd.gif (22KB, 965x465px) Image search: [Google]
20120131184523ecd.gif
22KB, 965x465px
>>14678425
Yes.
>>
How do I increase the stat potential of my pets (other than potions)?
>>
>>14678815
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Potential
>>
Listen what will happen when sprite shit comes to no more space.
There will be no more monsters?
>>
>>14678981
They'll probably just find a way to expand the sheet.
>>
>>14678981
Start a new file named Character2 and pull sprites from there?

There's already an Interface2.
>>
>>14678986
Yeah, devs already did that with the item spritesheet, so there's always a way to add more sprites.

I hope they'll also add more items like weapons or furniture.
>>
File: 1451671834797.jpg (23KB, 479x356px) Image search: [Google]
1451671834797.jpg
23KB, 479x356px
It's sad how you can't go without any magic masturbation in this game. I mean of course you can but it will put you so much behind.

I want to play a pure fighter or archer but it is just mentally hard to do not use at least some buffs.
>>
This game looks fun. It looks similar to space station 13, which I play often. Will there be a steep learning curve?
>>
>>14679679
Yes, prepare to be looking shit up in the wiki a lot, or face a lot of deaths.
You play on /vg/station?
>>
>>14679666
You need the elemental shield at the very least not to get reamed, and by that point, you might as well nab Hero for STR and DEX, and since they scale on Will, you may as well nab healing on the side...see what happened there?
>>
>>14679764
I want to be a muggle!
>>
As a heavy armor + shield retard, how do I go about grinding my casting skill. I just want to cast buffs/healing for my pets while I slowly whittle things with melee.
>>
>>14679679
It's not too bad. You'll make mistakes, but you'll figure things out.

Read the pastebin and look stuff up on wiki or ask questions here when you run into something.

Don't bother with any guides until you've had a chance to get some playtime in. You likely won't be able to understand much of anything when reading a guide just starting out.
>>
What difficulty do you guys play at? I'm a dirty savescummer playing on Advancing mode. Only just finished act 1 though and staying in north tyris til I get my pets close to my strength. I plan to do Natural next.

Anyone play on Inferno difficulty? How far are you or how far have you gone?

Also, what is the best magic pet to get? I have an exile and spiral king but I only want to use one. My other pet is an evolved firedragonchild.

Thanks.
>>
>>14680178
I too savescum on advancing.

I am the ultra casual.
>>
>>14679666
I wanted to be a pure fighter as well but after getting pets I became a babysitter healer.
>>
File: elona.png (607KB, 1252x783px) Image search: [Google]
elona.png
607KB, 1252x783px
>>14680186
>I am the ultra casual.
how far are you into the game? which pets do you use? Here's me with my strongest pets. The green haired girl is a spiral king. I only use the dragon and exile though and pascal as my mount. The pink haired one is a performaid bloodress. I caught her cause there's no info about her in the wiki and i got curious cause she shadowsteps on every attack and sometimes teleports 2 distance away after attacking. Found out she's an imp predator lvl 85.
>>
Speaking of pets and ini, are snails the cheapest of the cheapest concerning training costs ?
The starting little girl is at 1700-3000, and she have three times the stats... So logic dictates the snail is at 500-1000 ?

I'm thinking of starting over as a snail tourist with snail tourists for pets...
>>
You know how sometimes jerky/skins/items will come out with a blue name and will sell for like 2-3x the usual asking price..how can I make all my jerkies like that intentionally? What scrolls do I use etc?

Also: I've deliberately set up the 'draws rain' and bloodthirst ether diseases but sometimes I get other ones even when ether wind isn't blowing. Is there some way of negating that?

Last: I've considered using a couple shurikens/stones to catch a firedragon@child, is it worth the effort?
>>
>>14680330
I think those skins are just higher qualities depending on your Anatomy skill level. Like in gardening you get fruits/vegetables with +. You will only see the number after identifying them.
>>
Is there an updated version of the 'elonaplusuploader' download? Like how in the pastebin you can download a lot of things from the old EU but after all these updates I think it may be outdated.
>>
>>14680330
Natural progression of your ether disease.
You can't negate it. At least I don't think you can.
>>
>>14680311
It should be, but I think you'd rather want to grind more for AP later than going through an absolute hell of early-mid game.
>>
>>14680330
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Pet_Evolution#Dragon
You can evolve it 3 times. It gets Float, Boost and Megid Flame and stats of course. It also has 220 life.
>>
>>14680460
I tend to lose interest late/endgame, so an hellish early game is just what i wish for.
>>
>>14680330
>catch a firedragon@child, is it worth the effort?
Yeah it's quite beefy. I gave it the Shield Tonfa. Could take a beating. Especially if you evolve it like >>14680528 said.
>>
>>14680585
what other pets do you use with your dragon child? i'm already having trouble trying to get to my level yet i still want to use the exile for the megid flame and a black angel for an archer.
>>
So, I've just bought my first shop.

Pets,CHR/NEG, from strongest to weakest:

22/6
20/0
12/7

Went with the last as my shopkeeper, how long will it take before I can sell more than peanuts? I plan on placing all my miracle equips from my toughest's carpentry.

Also do I put my store items on the yellow tiles or the gray ones that look like they have a sort of glass casing?

Shit, this shop thing sucks and it's just when I was starting to get into a cool groove with ranching.
>>
File: THE-PAAAAAAIIINNNNN.png (642KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
THE-PAAAAAAIIINNNNN.png
642KB, 1280x768px
>>14680607
It's been a while since I played Elona+, I can't remember which pets I used to get past early game. I alos started a new character recently. I'm just running around with the Exile and two Juere Swordman.

>>14680622
You can drop your shit anywhere in the shop. You can get a robber from the slave master in Derphy. 18 CHA and 9 NEG.
>>
Tfw your pets eat your ranch corpses and the rotten foods you're trying to turn into fertilizer.

Don't you think I'm hungry too? Don't you think I want to sit around all day gossiping too? That rotten food you're eating is our only source of income! Dumb bitch.
>>
>>14680651
Tamer's whip exists for that reason.
>>
>>14680622
if you have access to the thieves' guild you can get a thief guild member with a monster ball if you have one. he's lvl 26 and has 30 NEG and 54 CHA.
>>
>>14680656
I don't want to WHIP the little girl, I want to BE her.

>>14680662
I read you can sneak in there and steal shit/people. [true/false?]
>>
>>14680667
If you're not a member they will attack you. I'm not sure if they won't if you use a disguise kit. But I think the Guildmaster will still attack you even if disguised.
>>
What should I try to craft during a lucky day?
>>
>>14680622
Like the anon above said, juere infantry -> juere swordsman > master thief -> mra, high level dominated rogue warrior, or whatever

Start collecting equips that give +negotiation or charisma if you haven't already, and equip your shopkeeper with those. The beginning is quite slow even with a fully equipped shopkeeper until the shop ranks up.

Also collect a set of +alchemy, jeweler, carpentry, and tailoring stuff too. And maybe +fishing ones as well. Mighty useful.
>>
>>14680694
Spears/lightsabres and panties?

Or:
Grab treasure maps
Play blackjack
Zap equipment with alchemy rods
Open gacha
Open lost wallets and suitcases
>>
>>14680685
Using a disguise kit will stop everyone but the guildmaster from attacking you. But, since they can crush walls, they're really persistent. You gotta be fast unless you're strong enough to kill them.
>>
File: 2016-01-28_155410.png (493KB, 1264x798px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-28_155410.png
493KB, 1264x798px
>>14680743
I'll go for that, I already did the rest and was just undecided about the craftable stuff.
>>
File: Frisia.jpg (880KB, 1255x792px) Image search: [Google]
Frisia.jpg
880KB, 1255x792px
Didn't end up being as hard as I thought
>>
hey guys i read some pastebin that keeps mentioning hoarding decorative rings/amulets. what are those for?
>>
>>14680834
I usually buy and collect engagement rings, engagement amulets and shoes. Then I turn them into raw with inferior material scrolls and eat them. Good way to train charisma, will and speed early game.
>>
>>14680844
does eating rings with res give raise my res? thanks
>>
File: 6432581.jpg (643KB, 700x950px) Image search: [Google]
6432581.jpg
643KB, 700x950px
>>14680862
I don't think so.
>>
>>14680834
Offering to yacatect when you switch to her, maybe.
>>
I found a living weapon, what should I do with it? Just use it and savescum when I get the options or is there more to it?
>>
>>14680902
yep. just keep killing with it and savescum and check what you could get with the options given.

how did you get yours and what weapon type is it? i have one but it's a heavy axe weapon that i can't use with a mount because of super negative hit rate. looking to find another one. i got mine from a trader i met while travelling.
>>
File: 2016-01-28_163336.png (117KB, 532x256px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-28_163336.png
117KB, 532x256px
>>14680922
Randomly found it with a treasure map.
>>
File: axe.png (152KB, 531x312px) Image search: [Google]
axe.png
152KB, 531x312px
>>14680939
here's mine. i just kept on getting elemental dmg with crit rate cause that's what usually recommended. i dunno what i will do if i get a new one though. i dunno what to get for my last upgrade either.
>>
what do you guys make to train your carpentry? i'm trying to save my mats for spear and lightsabres hoping to get living weapons in the future at high carpentry.
>>
File: 25890117_p9.jpg (41KB, 450x525px) Image search: [Google]
25890117_p9.jpg
41KB, 450x525px
Grenades train Control Magic? Crazy.
>>
>>14679666
>magic masturbation
What is this bullshit? You gonna make it the new Kumislut, funnyman?
>>
File: 2016-01-28_181625.png (18KB, 352x171px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-28_181625.png
18KB, 352x171px
I can't seem to run Elona Custom, if I run elona.exe it gives me pic related and then version invalid.
If I run elonaplus.exe everything goes well but elona custom doesn't work that way since you have to run elona.exe

I'm using the latest elona+ (1.54) and the latest custom (1.53.3)
How can I make it work?
>>
>>14681288
maybe 1.53.3 custom doesn't work for 1.54 only for 1.53
>>
for people in South Tyris, did you move your shop and home there? Will my shop rank reset if I move it?
>>
When the fuck is NoA going to get off his ass and release ELIN?
>>
>>14681319
Where can I find the 1.53 version then? The Japanese site doesn't seem to have backups for those.
>>
File: 36818553_p0.jpg (318KB, 844x622px) Image search: [Google]
36818553_p0.jpg
318KB, 844x622px
>>14681373
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Board:News_and_Announcements
>>
>>14681390
Thank you anon, it seems that my save won't work anyway since it already got updated to 1.54
All I can do is warmly wait for the new custom, I should have made a backup first.
>>
File: 32049511.jpg (414KB, 875x818px) Image search: [Google]
32049511.jpg
414KB, 875x818px
>>14681480
Yes you should have you silly goose.
>>
>>14681288
>>14681319
The poster is right, EC 1.53.3 won't work with E+ 1.54 saves. It's essentially like trying to downgrade from E+ 1.54 to E+ 1.53.

A build for 1.54 will be out tomorrow. I had wanted to put it out earlier this week, but I've just been too busy to work on it. So, I'll use my day off to make sure it and probably a little more translation work gets done.
>>
So, I recently(ish) got the Golden knight and since then I've been donating to Opatos very regularly. However everyso often he becomes indifferent to my gifts. I pray and then he goes back to responding to my gifts but I've yet to see a hammer. Is that usual? I donate the stones I buy from the towns I visit and rotten/fresh corpses as much as I can.
>>
File: 31740844_p4.jpg (153KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
31740844_p4.jpg
153KB, 500x500px
>>14681763
Better train that faith skill of yours.
>>
>>14681770
While you're here: How?

Secondary: After much trouble I finally caught myself an Asura but it seems neither of my little girls can get the +four arm bonus from it when I try to gene engineer. Same for mutants. What do?
>>
Where can I find english scripts for pets? I want to see them talk a bit but I'm a shit writer. I saw some in what I assume to be japanese(gibberish is how runes render on my toaster) on the Uploader but I can't find any in english.
>>
File: 36657218_p7.jpg (102KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
36657218_p7.jpg
102KB, 640x640px
>>14681774
>How?
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Faith

Scrolls of faith don't usually show up until you're higher level. The preaching special action requires a certain level and good luck finding an Art of Faith skillbook. The faith-dream is the best bet so always take a nap when you're sleepy.
>>
>>14681788
I actually have a couple scrolls of faith. Preaching too. Good to know, thanks.

Btw, is mass-investing low level shops a good way of raising charisma? I'm getting bad luck with scrolls of inferior material + engagement rings. None are going raw.
>>
File: 27178009_p0.jpg (229KB, 400x720px) Image search: [Google]
27178009_p0.jpg
229KB, 400x720px
>>14681793
>is mass-investing low level shops a good way of raising charisma?
Yes, that is a very good way. You should farm platinum coins and raise the investing potential to 400% and try to get your charisma potential high for maximum profit.
>>
>>14679704
>>14679798
Alright, I'll probably give it a shot sometime. The magic of these games is learning how to do everything.
And yes, I do play on /vg/station. It's one of the last good servers on ss13
>>
>>14681902
Really. I thought the magic was in making online posts about every question that comes to mind and getting a kick when people respond. I've been playing wrong the whole time!
>>
Is it no longer possible to hire more than 2 magic vendors at home? I've been checking for months now and they're never in the hiring list.
>>
>>14682648
I have three in my house but I've been playing for awhile(different versions and upgrading when new versions come out). Either RNG hates us or there really has been a change.
>>
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a bind here. I (somehow) managed to lose my elemental staff, the itzpalt reward. I tried to leave and re-worship itzpalt (got the mani rewards in the meantime), but instead of the elemental staff, he gave me a random mace. Is there any way for me to recover my staff?
>>
Worth playing? Sell me on it, /v/
>>
>>14682830
You can get it back by doing little sister quest.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Little_sister_level_30
>>
>>14682839
you can ride a little girl.
that must be enough reason.
>>
>>14682848
Thanks! Killing big daddies might be a teeny tiny bit dangerous for me, but I'll manage.
>>
>>14682839
This >>14681799 image pretty much sums it up.
>>
Was looking at the upcoming features in E+ 1.55 that Ano has posted so far, so I'll just post them here. Didn't find anything about vendor hiring limits though.

- carpentry tool item has been renamed to tools, and their description has been changed.
- adjusted NPC adventurers' starting level and fame, and their hiring price. Hiring price is now reduced with affection level. Their profile will also be generated randomly, and they won't prefer to stay in North Tyris any more.
- undead can be tethered to you with a leash like your pets, and will warp to you when they are too far away. Brainwashing no longer affects them.
- dragon zombie has been changed to predator class.
- necro force HP and MP consumption halved. Added the option to make them gather around you without returning them to their coffins.

Fixes:
- influence level in town will be saved, and will no longer reset when starting up Elona
- coffins that are stashed into your graveyard key when you don't have enough space in your inventory will no longer lose their necro tuning effect
- number and weight of gifts, proofs of friendship, and chocolate after gifting them fixed
- fixed some of the script

>>14682839
>/v/
You make me sad.
>>
>>14681028
Whatever you have the most materials of. I seem to recall rods of magic missile and cure minor wounds both having easy to acquire materials.
>>
What would Elona be like if we kept everything, but made it a multiplayer game?
>>
>>14683519
They will have to change the game a lot or it would be shit.

No point in team up with someone.
>>
>>14683519
It's turn based so It wouldn't work.
If it changed to real-time it would be nothing but aoe all across the board and people fighting over ap.
>>
>>14683519
Higher level people spawn camping towns and killing people in one hit before they even know what the hell happened. If these high level people don't kill you their pets certainly will. Also, don't count on talking to NPCs. There's probably someone spamming meteor and leveling towns.
>>
>>14683519
Elona makes me think of a singleplayer Runescape

Which might be why I love it so much
>>
when is the in-game chat coming back tho
>>
I'm at 56 faith and 60 will, how much do I need before I can claim Opatos' hammer?
>>
>>14683956
You already can, you just need to keep giving him gifts until you've got enough favor. The nine god sign can show you how much you have.
>>
>>14683966
Are there any I can find for public use? I've seen a couple in the puppy cave but dungeon diving all day just to see a single spawn sounds like a waste of time.
>>
>>14683970
You can just take it with you, it weighs nothing. One spawns on the first altar you use to convert, so it should still be at the truce grounds assuming you used that altar.
>>
3492/4000. So fucking close...

Opatos was my first God and I'm running a mutant/warmage. Mani or Itzpalt next?

Also, what do you guys do for food? I keep buying up those ration cargos but the weight is ridiculous. Also the cooler box is too damn small.

Also, what are the best seasons for growing? I'm currently drawing rain but it's negatively affecting my jerky-making process. Those bunny corpses haven't seen the sun in months.
>>
>>14683996
Cargo food only counts for your cargo weight so there's no issue with carrying a bunch of it. What I'm doing for food right now is just eating seeds from harvest time rewards since I haven't got a reliable herb farm set up yet, or the skills for making herb food.
Itzpalt's been pretty good for my warmage, but I'm been focusing way more on casting than hitting.
Can't help with that last part, never done anything with jerky.
>>
>>14683998
Do I need to re-initialize my pets before I can start adding things like +5 to arm/12 to leg?
>>
>>14683996
I don't buy any food. I get my food from the things I kill in the dungeons and cook them as I acquire them. If I get a surplus of food I just use the 4D pocket spell and shove them all in there and draw from it when I need to.
>>
>>14683996
Get Anatomy and that should cover your food needs while dungeon diving after it's reasonably leveled.

In the meantime rely on veggie/fruit farms, breads from stores (steal a bread rack and hoard breads in your house), or whatever else you can get abundance of.
>>
>>14684128
Strip mining a low-level forest dungeon is great for stockpiling acorns, too.
It also trains constitution.
>>
File: DeathByBubbles.png (570KB, 1601x599px) Image search: [Google]
DeathByBubbles.png
570KB, 1601x599px
Anyone found the books yet for Water Bolt or Bubble Storm? I've only managed to get stock for both through my regular wonder scroll farming. I don't really care much for Water Bolt but Bubble Storm is a nice lead into Thunder Vortex and if the damage can't be resisted that's a nice perk too. Seems Bubble Storm exists for rods too.
>>
File: Mine, finally.png (2MB, 1124x663px) Image search: [Google]
Mine, finally.png
2MB, 1124x663px
Resized the photo, sorry for the slight blur.

Anyway, does doctor Gavela auto save once you reset your pet's body slots?
>>
File: fron.jpg (147KB, 694x396px) Image search: [Google]
fron.jpg
147KB, 694x396px
Think Tactical Martial Arts is worth earning AP two points at a time from 2000 speed enemies?
>>
>>14684364
Can't you use those special boots from Opatos to reduce speed and increase AP gains? Or is that not how it works
>>
>>14684171
Water bolt yes, bubble storm not yet. Water bolt seems common enough, and can be ordered from scribes.
>>
>>14683615
Ditto. Though RS always was single player, really. Besides markets, chats, spawn limits, and forced multiplayer mechanics(Quests, and now a few bosses) anyway. They've even made literally retarded modes which disallow interacting with others at all.
As for the comparison, Elona is far less grindy and not nearly as money oriented. Which are both good things really.
>>
I'm reaching the point where magic dart doesn't do much.

How can I do decent damage as a fairy? I'm lv43 and I can't still beat the pirate boss in south tyris.
>>
File: 36657218_p17.jpg (115KB, 541x406px) Image search: [Google]
36657218_p17.jpg
115KB, 541x406px
>>14685026
Grind out magic bolt and magic storm. Or just get a boatload of Überpets to help you, like probably everyone does.
>>
Opatos guy here, computer just bricked.Feels like shit but I do have an old save that I kept on GooglegleDrive just in case. Not like it's even THAT old since I took a "six monthsonth long "break" returning only cause my wifi died. Wha really hurts is losing the spritesheet I'd been experimenting on. Not like I got super far...but the only reason I didn't get Opatos maxed in a week is cause I kept feeding him rotten corpses thinking that was good. On mobile so sorry for any grammatical fuckups.
>>
>>14685188
I don't know how much it can help but this one I use is a mix of every sheet posted since there's stuff I like from some and stuff I like from others.

https://a.pomf.cat/ahffwg.bmp
>>
what is the usual level difference does your pet have when you gene engineer them to something?
>>
>>14685406
From what I hear, to be most efficient, you want to gene engineer monsters that are higher level than the pet you're using as a base but not too high level since your pet stands to gain more attribute boosts through shorter bursts of level increases.

I kinda ignored that principle to be honest. I understand why people do it and if they have the patience for it good on them but my Exile, which I posted about with pics earlier in this thread, didn't follow the slow and steady approach. Instead, I just boosted her level as high as possible, meaning the level differences were enormous, through gene engineering all at once. All I cared about was just increasing her initial HP and MP to increase her survivability and giving her skills she didn't have.
>>
Only 400000 more till I can buy a palace.
>>
>>14685465
ok man thanks. it's hard to find monsters within 1-5 levels of my pet especially since there's no site that lists monsters by level. now i have to go back to noyel to savescum an insight lens from moyer. forgot to not save after checking monster levels.
>>
>>14685485
Just pay 1k to the informer? It's cheap in E+.
>>
File: 36657218_p11.jpg (69KB, 415x595px) Image search: [Google]
36657218_p11.jpg
69KB, 415x595px
>>14685485
>especially since there's no site that lists monsters by level.
Use the wiki you poor sod.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Bestiary
>>
>>14685532
>http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Bestiary
aw shit. thanks a lot. i use the wiki for checking the monster levels. never got to that page before.
>>
>>14684171
Uh Bubble Storm and Bubble Ball sounds sooo cute!
>>
>>14685769
It truly does sound like signature spells for a magical girl.
>>
any high level fighters here who can rank 2hand, dual wield and unarmed in dmg potential? i don't plan to use quad wield fighter pet this playthrough.

also who is the best god for a fighter? i'm choosing between opatos for str and dmg reduction or kumiromi for the stamina + shining wave.
>>
Is it obligatory to stuff your character and pets with extra limbs in the end game? Seeing me and my little girl becoming chimaeras messes with my autism so I'd rather avoid that.
>>
File: damage.png (2MB, 1601x1199px) Image search: [Google]
damage.png
2MB, 1601x1199px
>>14685820
>>14685886
This is my Valkyrie which has normal equipment slots so no extra limbs. She's a two hand wielder about 1000 in both tactics and two hand. Her polearm is about 800. She wields the Piledriver static artifact. Even though she's my pet, I don't see why she couldn't be a portent to what the future looks like for a player that does decide to go down the two hand route. She has charge attack which she learned from Leold which is what is responsible for the huge damage spikes. In the pic provided I show her damage in both the normal damage and the void where PV and health is through the roof. She still does pretty well in the void. My Valkyrie has also killed Itzpalt solo for shits and giggles so I would say Two Hand is God Killing Certified.

There is a multi armed mutant player I saw in a past thread that uses dual wield and from his character sheet I can tell he does as much damage as my Valkyrie. As for a normal character with default equipment slots using duel wield, I'm interested in seeing the numbers for them as well. I'm also interested in seeing the numbers put out by high level martial artists as well.

As for gods both Opatos and Kumi are great choices. For my playstyle, and if I were playing a warrior, I'd lean a bit more towards Kumi though. I would see myself spamming rampage to take advantage of extra damage and if I want to go truly ape shit I'd also throw a rotten tomato at the enemy to do even more damage.
>>
>>14685995
how many pets do you bring with you? is your valkyrie your only strong pet?
>>
>>14685995
>age 21
>>
>>14685995
How do you deal with the terrible accuracy of the weapon?
>>
>>14686024
I'm also the owner of the Exile I posted about earlier in this thread. I normally bring Yuki and Yumeria(Exile) when I do my void runs as I can use all the help I can get down there but everywhere else I usually just run solo. Even though I run with only two pets at the moment that by no means means that I endorse only running with a few pets. I personally train pets one at a time but am all for running with an army eventually. An army of pets as strong or stronger than my character.
>>
>>14686041
Yeah I've used blessed slow potions on her to keep her age down but she's certainly not a little girl anymore.

>>14686047
I didn't really ever find accuracy a problem with the weapon personally but a high enough polearm skill will solve that problem imo. Yuki's hit % is still incredibly good with that weapon.
>>
>>14686050
should i get crystal spear and variable storm for my exile? i can only get one for now. which should i go for?
>>
>>14686062
I don't have either my Exile. She's just running her default spell lineup. Spells that aren't as resisted like crystal spear sounds good though. The variable storm spell covers all the ball spells so you'll need to fine tune it to cast magic storm or whatever you fancy. Magic Storm will do more damage than Crystal Spear so consider that. Since I don't have experience in what you're doing I'd just say play around with it and see what works for you. If you truly believe it's great report back and share your findings.
>>
>>14686062
It should be known that you can refund any spell you buy for your pet if you don't like it

As in you can get crystal spear for your exile, spend the AP for it, and if you later decide you don't want it, you choose crystal spear again at Leold, and she will forget the spell and be refunded the complete AP cost
>>
>>14686079
does that also work for fighting styles? i made my black angel use range more but she still moves in but only shoots her bow instead. should've just kept using my custom ai. don't even know if archery is worth it.

thanks.
>>
>>14686079
>can refund any spell you buy for your pet if you don't like it

Not bad.
>>
>>14686087
Not the anon you responded to but for fighting styles I'm not sure. There definitely are things you can get a refund for but I'm not sure about fighting styles. The black angel is a fast pet that in canon uses a bow. The best bow for her might be this:

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow

Not sure how much damage it will do but if there is any doubt I'd suggest adding magic to the black angel. It will require some tinkering with AI and learning spells but a magical bow user should do pretty well.
>>
>>14686155
Or if all else fails just go the melee route as that's relatively easy to get into and does good damage.
>>
>>14686087
This is actually something I experimented with myself.

Yes, it does. The "Use Range More" is just a one check thing, like Crystal Spear would be. If you choose Use Range More, it will remove it and refund you the AP points, reverting her back to her custom ai.

I had a similar problem myself, where I made my defender ranged to use the Kill Kill Piano more, along with the use melee (Holy Rance) more so she would use both, and later decided to specialize her in just two handed polearm with a shield in the ranged slot, and clicked them both off. Afterwards, she was fine and back to normal.
>>
File: palace.png (787KB, 1203x803px) Image search: [Google]
palace.png
787KB, 1203x803px
Finally.
>>
>>14686236
Grats. Now to furnish it which is the hard part for a home so big.
>>
Nothing says love like a picnic basket made with cockroach steak and rotten parfaits.
>>
>>14686341
Delicious!
>>
this game need more furniture items
i want a pool table
>>
>>14686236
What font ? Also, post screenshots if you use a different fonts so we can compare
>>
File: untitled.png (4MB, 2560x1590px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
4MB, 2560x1590px
Hope you don't mind if I join in the wankery.
That fist Attribute is very annoying because Fron is currently fire element in the middle of a rainstorm. Removing her fire equip made her nether; seems like martial artists have good potential to become invincible in that mode. I'm going to have to go through a long and annoying equipment reorganization process to make sure nether comes out on top for her.
Sinaha, meanwhile, is just one whirling dervish of death. Within three turns of a battle, she's popped a sound ball and from then on the baddies are permanently confused.
I highly recommend Shadow Stepping pets, particularly if you don't plan on being able to take hits from things your pets can kill. Even ranged pets spend to much time maneuvering to pull aggro off you.
>>
File: fonts.png (2MB, 2404x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fonts.png
2MB, 2404x1600px
>>14686741
The font I usually use is Palatino Linotype (left). Sometimes I switch to Iskoola Pota (right) but that one is a tad small.
>>
>>14688204
You can change the font?
>>
File: 23992046_p7.jpg (37KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
23992046_p7.jpg
37KB, 300x500px
>>14688579
config.txt in your Elona folder.
>>
>>14688070
i love shadow step. i was going to capture a teacher as a pet until i learned you can teach shadow step to pets. my fully evolved dragon child has shadow step with low/no chance of movement so uses boost and megid flame a lot.

should i get him tactical martial arts? will i need control magic for the grenade effect?
>>
File: 2016-01-30_131246.png (477KB, 1264x798px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-30_131246.png
477KB, 1264x798px
I don't get why my Miss Vampire won't throw potions even after she's done casting debuffs.
>>
Are atomic launchers a one time use item?
Are they worth using?
>>
>"Crawling in my Robes! These wounds will need a Healer!"
This makes me happy.
>>
>>14688758
Read the part about pseudo stamina points on Anna's pages on the wiki.
Also that AI could be better. With only one slot left you can't have fallback instructions in case:
-enemy is debuffed and she's without "stamina"
-enemy is at 5+ distance.

Last two instructions for everyone should always be available. For melee, second to last instruction should be patk at dist =1, last should be move forward at dist >1.
For ranged, ratk at distance =>X and move back at dist <X.
Mixed ranged and physical would be three instruction, something like dist>4, ratk; dist=1, patk; dist>1, move forward.

From personal experience, always keep dist>1 move forward as the last instruction. I'm speculating here, but if the enemy is too far away from the pet she can't attack because she can't see it and would just stand there doing nothing. With that last command it would bring her in visual range and the rest of the AI would actually work.
>>
is there any point in running vegetable and fruit farms when you have a herb farm running? aside from selling high quality food to npc for gold.
>>
Best equip for a mage? Should I keep the scythe of void as a ranged weapon while having the Elemental Staff as a weapon?
>>
>>14689152
how about the staff of insanity? it gives casting+ and spell dmg.
>>
File: 33758905_p2.jpg (462KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
33758905_p2.jpg
462KB, 840x525px
Found a godly platinum shotgun with draw shadow invoke ###. This could be fun.
>>
File: 2016-01-30_171034.png (284KB, 634x408px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-30_171034.png
284KB, 634x408px
>>14689178
I guess I'll go for insanity + void then unless the elemental damage of the elemental staff is better than plain +casting.

On another note, does this setup work? I put the shotgun on range because it gives a passive critical hit bonus while the firearm I actually want the pet to use is the Valkonein that's one the first hand slot.
Since it's a bell tier pet I thought giving it the ability to stop time would be fun so I put the Rankings on her second hand.

Is this going to work or am I getting some kind of penalty?
>>
>>14689196
i think you need to put the firearm you want your pet to shoot with in the range slot. you can put the shotgun on the hand slot for the crit. i don't think the time stop will work unless it's the one being used to attack.
>>
>>14688915
I'd say no, but I'm only level 60 so don't take my word for it. The guy on the wiki says quality of vegetables/fruits don't affect picnic basket quality too.

I don't plant anything other than magic, herb, and artifact seeds.

What's a good ratio for kumiromi gemstones and statues? The statues don't give magic seeds, and I don't know if I want to keep grinding gardening late game to replenish the magic crops that go kaput. But checking farms for wilted crops is a pain in the ass too.
>>
>>14689213
Thanks, I'll switch those then and check if the time stop ever activates.
>>
>>14689215
yeah man it's a pain. i just want to wreck stuff but i have to farm, level my pets and get them ap, and now i also have to fish for ehekatl.

btw what rods are you trying to get with magic seeds?
>>
File: 1431859325563.png (137KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1431859325563.png
137KB, 300x200px
So I bring in ten little sisters and see a static artifact has very good bonuses and get it without thinking about it twice, I go to my house and go equip it only to notice it turned into a generic artifact because my pet was holding the original.

And that's how I wasted a little sister reward.
>>
>>14689230
Wish, mana, alchemy, fire wall, identify, crystal spear. Mainly wish, actually. I think that's about it. I'm also hoarding change creature just in case. All the others are recycled with draw charge, and the charges then go to a stack of jure, crystal spear, magic storm, and dominate books.

I'm suffering from kumiromi withdrawal now. The 1 stamina every turn is just too valuable for everything and makes (R)est obsolete. 50 in 50 turns plus natural regen plus regeneration buff is broken. I guess I can kind of see what the elona+/Ano hate threads on 2ch mean when they say the game is totally unbalanced in this variant. (Not that the original was balanced with the living weapon renaming stuff.)
>>
>>14688884
Oh that's strange, whenever I put that as the last command I get a lot of "does not know what to do" notifications. You got any tips on fixing that?
>>
File: 1.png (21KB, 347x45px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
21KB, 347x45px
Which do you think should I use?
>>
>>14689606
Valkoinen is better for all-purpose ranged attacks, plus it has cold elemental damage. When you want to kill in melee, use a melee weapon.
>>
>>14689511
Not sure. The only time I got the "doesn't know what to do" was due to "stamina" problems. Try putting dist !=1 move forward.
Post a screen of the problematic instruction order, something else might be the issue.
>>
>>14689606
Use the Valkoinen Kuolema. The Winchester Premium may do more consistent damage but the VK can potentially do more damage especially when you factor in the cold damage and Perception increase. Also, the fact that it can decapitate enemies at low life and can see invisible creatures is a nice touch. So use the VK because it can potentially do more damage and has better mods on it but get used to killing things at range instead of running things down like you do with a shotgun.
>>
>>14685188
'Here

On an older laptop..going to get started on an item sheet. I was wondering though: If I replace the white/purple tiles on the item sheet will they render ingame as items or what?
>>
>>14689504
There are Ano hate threads on 2ch? People talk about Elona on 2ch?
>>
>>14688915
Yes if you want to make picnic baskets.
>>
Does anyone know what causes that thing where hot-keys bind to new/old characters? Like instead of opening the mini-menu 'z' goes for the wands. Or 'r' doing that thing I can't remember instead of resting or resting instead of doing the other thing. Do I just need to re-bind everything in the config to avoid that shit?
>>
>>14690064
You do realize that the hot keys are case sensitive right? lower case 'z' is supposed to go to the action wheel and upper case 'Z' is supposed to go to wands. Upper case 'R" rests and lower case 'r' for reading books. If you are bothered by then yes go into config.txt and make changes.
>>
File: Tomatoes.png (1013KB, 1601x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Tomatoes.png
1013KB, 1601x1199px
>>14688915
>>14689215
Aside from the making gold from them the other thing I would keep an eye out for is tomatoes. So keep some farms for them. What you do is you gather tomatoes and you let them rot in your inventory. When you throw rotten tomatoes at enemies it puts them in the fury state. This means that while they do extra damage they also take a considerable amount of damage. Now if you combine it with your character using the special action of rampage you can further multiply your damage output. The pic provided shows just how incredible the damage increase can be. I could of added more damage multipliers such as say using a lightning spell with the opponent wet, charge attack, etc but I wanted to keep it simple. As you can see it works for various attack types such as magic, firearm, melee, etc. Keep a stack of rotten tomatoes around as they help in bringing down bosses or other hard targets.

As for ratio of gems to statues it really comes down to personal taste I imagine. As you've noted, the main enemy is wilting. Wilting is also an inevitability even with high gardening. I personally have come to terms with it and just operate on the notion of acceptable wilting levels. For me that number is five wilted plants for each farm. Anymore than that and I just use gemstones or seeds to bring that number down to five. Considering that there is like 65-75 farm tiles(scarecrows can deduct from this amount) on each farm, a loss of five plants isn't too bad. Even though the wilting is inevitable the goal is to just keep making more herb farms so that your overall yield each time you harvest is more than what you had before. Eventually you'll reach the point of being able to feed an army. For the herb farmer starting out, try getting 5 gemstones and 5 kumi statues and work from there in what you're comfortable with.
>>
>>14690053
It used to be called "elona plus thread", but the latest one was named "elona plus haters thread" and contained even more shit-flinging, so I really dunno. The proper elona+ discussion and dev threads are on shitaraba.

Here's the latest:
http://hayabusa6.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gameama/1452468631/

>>14690056
I find that vendors, quest rewards and stuff gives more veggies than I can use. The bottleneck in making picnic baskets is eggs before clearing part 1 of the main quest (chicken population explodes during the 3 years). After that I have more baskets than I can use.
>>
>>14690240
>"elona plus haters thread" and contained even more shit-flinging

Nips have a thing for specialized hate threads, if you thought shit like out /v/ was bad enough you'd be surprised at idol hate threads.
>>
>>14690213
When you have a surplus of curarias and stomafilias what do you do with them?
>>
>>14690213
>threw tomato in someone
>got one shoted
>>
>>14690213
Oh, thanks for the reply.

And I forgot about tomatoes. But wouldn't it be better to get some from killing silvia or the leopard dude?

Scarecrows? They have a function?
>>
>>14690213
It's faster to get tomatoes by visiting that slut in South Tyris
>>
File: 2016-01-30_231035.png (399KB, 1264x798px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-30_231035.png
399KB, 1264x798px
Atomic launcher
>>
What month do you guys start farming? I used the rain ether curse because I'm not good at timing my planting properly to take advantage of rain. Is there some item you can use to regularly water crops?

What do you guys do when you want your pets to have a certain personality? Do you just stop at custom clothes/names/lore in a txt or do you write scripts and shit too? Like teach them words and shit.
>>
>>14690327
Should've cast contingency.
>>
>>14690336
The god would have destroyed me anyway, I just wanted to savescum the disaster a little.
>>
>>14689334
This almost happened to me with an elemental staff with spell enhancement, but I put my pet's in the 4th dimensional pocket when I saw it
>>
File: loving maido waifu.png (434KB, 595x376px) Image search: [Google]
loving maido waifu.png
434KB, 595x376px
>>14690327
I just noticed both our maids share the exact same names. What a coincidence.
>>
What's the best monster to farm eggs? The only thing that keeps me from swimming in picnic baskets is the fact my ranch won't give me eggs.
>>
>>14690510
Chickens (duh)
>>
>>14690259
There will come a time when enemies are a danger to you not because they do a lot of damage to you but just because they can outlast you in a fight despite your ability to just heal through it all. Sooner or later you're going to run out of resources be it MP, items, etc. Rampage ends the fight earlier so that you can conserve your resources. It's definitely useful in high level awakened dungeon runs and the void.
>>
>>14690547
Ditto for making the enemy enter into fury state.
>>
>>14690257
They make for great pet food.
>>
>>14690524
Are they better at making eggs than rats?
Elona makes me do weird questions.
>>
>>14690266
Supposedly they help reduce monsters that show up on your farms. I don't know if that's really the case though as I still see monsters around occasionally. Up to you whether you want to use scarecrows so I provided a range of numbers to account for this.
>>
With the custom AI system, is there a way to trick a hungry demon to spam touch of hunger on your?
>>
>>14690328
I don't have a month I start farming. I do my harvesting all at once when I see my farms are able to be harvested and I do my planting at the same time too if I need to. While it's better to do your planting in the rain I hear I don't really follow this out of impatience more than anything.

I've changed the portraits for my Exile and Valkyrie. I've also changed the sprite for my Valkyrie. Haven't gotten into the text file for pet sayings yet though. I might in the future but I have other things I want to do in the game for now.
>>
>>14690327
>you are transformed into several pieces of meat
>you feel sad for a moment
Oh wow
>>
Do you think it would be a waste if I change my alive weapon into all purpose res shield?

I feel like now I need more resist than damage.
>>
>>14690676
If it's still a relatively new living weapon with almost nothing on it then yeah make it into a resist stick but if it already has a lot of stuff on it you're sort of committed to increasing it's damage imo.
>>
>>14690561
they have a bonus to egglaying as far as I know
>>
File: ruined_orgasm.png (549KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
ruined_orgasm.png
549KB, 1024x766px
>Finally got lvl70 chest open

>185 gp

I've had it for 2 in-game years.
>>
>>14690878
can you post your sprite file? thanks.
>>
>>14690984

https://mega.nz/#!0RszAbbC!K5Umt6DVDqcQGZz9bRJAuVGiFLXrVUFptvfY8VL0rNI
>>
>>14690213
Isn't provoke triggering fury too ?
Obviously rotten tomatoes are better as it saves up your stamina, but.
>>
You think they'd ever remove the 15 pet cap? Would be nice for CHA to do more after 75 (apart from the minor bonus to a few skills)
>>
>>14691099
He asked if there was a point to running a vegetable farms so I gave him a use case for one that might not be so apparent. Of course there's alternatives to a bunch of stuff you can do in Elona but a lot of the stuff depends on where you're in the game of course.
>>
Is it possible to use a dead nuclear lion to blow up a dungeon level? I wonder if I could use it to kill one of those high level bosses in North Tyris.
>>
>>14691103
Man I wish
Could use some more stores and ranches
And battlepets
And housewives
>>
File: 1260781498149.jpg (305KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1260781498149.jpg
305KB, 600x800px
So I've been wanted to get a White young lady for awhile now
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/White_young_lady
Got a wish rod ready and everything

But I am at level 91 already.
I got a Lazy Older Sister early on, so the INI level wasn't too bad. But the wished special pets scale to level, so her INI will be huge.

I don't want this. Is there any way to bypass this, or spawn new ones in the ranch or something?
>>
>>14691271
Like the chaos fort bosses? Last time I used a nuke on Utima it didn't do do much of anything to her. Left her place a wreck though. This was many versions back and I'd be surprised if you can do so now but who knows.

I did cheese her by using a wish rod and summoning Lulwy next to her. When Utima shot me and the ball triggered it hit Lulwy. She got angry and killed Utima for me. Wonder if that still works.
>>
>>14691338
Yeah I already tried to blow up her tanky ass. Same result.
>>
>>14691322
If she's not a unique NPC you should be able to breed her at a ranch, and that should get you a level 1 White young lady. Not too sure if that would work though
>>
>>14690575
Yes, but it's horribly inefficient. You could set it up to use it on you with the maintain target function so that all it would do is draining you. However, since Anna introduced a stamina system for pets' special actions, it would probably waste a lot of turns doing nothing while recharging. Read on the wiki how target maintenance and "stamina" work, it's explained in detail in one of her posts.

Also do note that unless Anna changed it, custom AI only activates in combat mode, so unless you actually have an enemy nearby the demon would just follow you around doing absolutely nothing.
>>
Anyone know if the monster heart bonus stacks? Thought I lost mine, so I grabbed another off the little sisters before I found my first one in the museum
>>
What's the fastest way to make dosh in the end game? Still fishing?
>>
>>14692703
Chaining dungeon by going straight for the boss is hard to beat, and more fun.
With elona custom, no chance to miss a big daddy, too.
>>
>>14690328
In snowy world map areas, it feels like there's a much greater likelihood of snowing than there is a chance of rain in regular map areas. What I do when I absolutely want to plant a bunch of seeds is cast return to the sister mansion, walk around in the world map, wait for it to snow, and return back to my home. The snow (so long as your home is away from snowy terrain) will turn to rain.
>>
File: 028.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
028.png
3MB, 1280x720px
I'll miss you Stamina Regen, you were the best god so far...

...Time to worship money sis.
>>
>>14693004
Careful. Kumi doesn't like an apostate and Yacatect probably took out life insurance on you. She probably will make money on your death if Kumi goes full yandere mode on you.
>>
File: 030.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
030.png
3MB, 1280x720px
>>14693094

Yeah, he said something along the yandere lines when he gave me his 4th gift.

He's also at my home now too, pop'd right in front of my door...

I'm gonna add one more space to my party I figured it's either going to be a bell of emergency, termination, gold bell, or the dreaded android (75% Damage Reduction). I have no idea if bells can actually get AP or what level dungeons they could get AP in. .~ .
>>
>>14693004
I want Kumiromi to give me his seed. I want a conveyor belt to carry his seed right to the farm, then to my open mouth as I laze about on the happy bed at home.

Seriously though, without him I have to think twice even when doing something mundane like call familiar or climbing stairs.

Also how do you ever find anything in your home?
>>
File: item.png (817KB, 1584x1488px) Image search: [Google]
item.png
817KB, 1584x1488px
What would happen if I filled the white/purple spaces in pic related with sprites? Would it crash the game? Would they show up as the items in-game without sprites? What?
>>
>>14693226

My floors are a mess since I started worshiping Kumi, rocking the Farm, attempted to organize my potions, and books. I usually have to open all the item stacks to find stuff so I'm gonna reorganize the place before I South Tyris.

.It's also gonna be a pain to go from my 7th basement from my 2nd floor, no stamina regen.

>>14693263
I thought those were for the custom item sprites.

I think you can change the sprite of a certain item via Garokk's workshop for 1 plat. It shouldn't crash the game at all me thinks. .-.
>>
>>14693291
Don't you have a potions rack and a bookshelf?

I mean, the kids in october will start molotoving your home if you pick the wrong option, and sometimes adventurers with attract monsters gear will visit.

>7th basement
At that point the return spell might be easier...
>>
>>14693291
I'm trying to add sprites for the juice mixer and tatstock but I'm not sure where to find them on the sheet. That and maybe spice up the sheet a bit as a whole. The main issue I'm having is that the Eup items are too...cool. Like have you seen some of the weapons? They seem like they should be reserved only for the ultimate static artifacts and I'm worried it would ruin immersion if babby's first dagger-1d-12 that you can buy from any low-level blacksmith is indistinguishable from like the sacred sword of world destruction 999dinfinity+1.
>>
File: 33758905_p7.jpg (410KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
33758905_p7.jpg
410KB, 840x525px
We conclude our research with the fact that the book of Rachel No.3 does not exist.
>>
>>14693302
Yeah I got me bookshelf and potion rack, my potion rack doesn't have a large storage capacity so I dedicated one of my floors to dyes and potions. It is in the 5th basement so I wind up stuffing my potions in one big stack on my first floor... Too lazy to go down 5 flights of stairs.

>>14693349
The taktstock is at the bottom of the sheet 3 columns from the right, the juice mixer is the blender also at the very bottom somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>14693391
I hear you.
Except in my last playthrough, I inherited a spare one from my father and somehow found the other three in the span of four dungeons.
>>
I love this game so much it's unhealthy.
It really doesn't help that it's one of a kind.
>>
Huh, throwing chestnuts cause bleed.
>>
>>14694250
Yeah, quite useful for bells. Don't throw them too much though or the chestnut giant spawns
>>
>>14694128
Sometimes I daydream that one day I'll learn how to develop for mobile and port Elona + the ElonaUploader + Snack to mobile. All integrated into one app so that you could click and drag whatever assets you wanted into the game. Not sure but y'know.
>>
>>14694279
i want to learn to make something like elona cause i love it but i'd rather play. i don't think i'll stop soon. ultra casual mode right now, hoping i can handle limited savescumming next run, or no savescumming at all.
>>
>>14694303
I know you're supposed to feel guilty for savescumming but the only reason I don't always do it at wells for wishes/waters/etc is 'cause it's incredibly tedious.

Btw is there a process I need to go through before I can add custom music to Elona? Like do I need to switch it from .mp3 to whatever else somehow? I'm using some of the doujin music from the C89 thread. I need to track down the C88 and below threads as well. Hopefully the DL links are still alive.
>>
>>14694261
>chestnut giant
I thought the guard was joking about that part. Now I have to try it.

>>14694279
Elona on the go sounds nice, but I would imagine that it would be a pain in the ass to actually play because of the lack of keys.

>>14694128
There are people who love it so much that they grind for 13 living weapons that invoke grenade and equip every hand with one.
>>
New thread!

>>14694626
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.