[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sushi?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: s538471965867930263_p5_i1_w640.jpg (55KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
s538471965867930263_p5_i1_w640.jpg
55KB, 640x427px
I have a bit of an inside joke about a friend of mine cant used chopsticks well. An acquaintance of mine got really snipy and told me with an attitude that it's meant to be eaten with hands.
So I thought that I fucked up but upon reading later I found that sushi, much like gumbo, was a commoners food initially and has risen more to the level of "cuisine".

So now I know that using hands WAS the traditional way and that now both hands and sticks are acceptable(generally anyway). But what would be a situation where I'd be more inclined to use my hands? Searching around mostly gives anecdotal shit that rolls either way.
>>
If you have trouble holding it with chopsticks, use your hands. That should be the only guideline you need.
>>
>>14647803
Alright. I thought I had some major fuck-up b/c the acquaintance is in a japanese class and went full cuntmode.
>>
I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese person eat sushi with chopsticks. It's literally only weebs who do it.
>>
>>14648097
Das booshiet though. Japanese exchange students come to my town yearly and most of them do use sticks. I've only seen a handful of guys use their hands.
>>
you use chopsticks when you want your hands to remain clean
>>
File: 1371375075526.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1371375075526.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
if i wasn't allowed to use chopsticks to eat sushi then i'd use a spoon and fork because getting your hands dirty for the sake of some cheap meaningless etiquette is fucking nasty

oh, you say chips are meant to be eaten by digging your hand into the bag and getting all that oily flavor seasoning all over your fingers? no thanks i'll just use chopsticks
>>
>>14653239
Do you have mozzarella hands that you can't take chips with just the tips of your two fingers and instead use your whole hand?

Same for sushi, except it's even easier and the algae doesn't dirty your hands in the first place.
>>
File: 1372086489248.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1372086489248.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>14653258
are you actually telling me to eat with my hands like some kind of poor barbarian mongoloid?

i'll stick to civility, thanks
>>
>>14653274
If you're so civilized then why are you implying you like Oreimo? You sound like a poor nigger in disguise who can't even afford chips and he's inventing excuses by posting that crap.
>>
File: 1411278388502.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1411278388502.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>14653287
i'm a girl and i look like kuroneko in real life

i don't eat chips on a regular basis because i'm not a fatty lardo mcbigmac like you
>>
>>14653296
rude rude
>>
>>14653296
Kuroneko a cute.
>>
>>14653296
You look like a dork then.
>>
>>14653296

tits or gtfo
>>
When I was in Tokyo I went to one of the more expensive sushi restaurants, and a a conveyor belt sushi bar. In both people used hands.

Apparently sushi with chopsticks is mainly a habit found in (sometimes bastardized) sushi chains we have over here in the west.

Also in case you're not aware, sushi is not limited to rice rolled in seaweed sheets, and nigiri (those molds of rice with meat on top) should be eaten with hands.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.