[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This isn't really that otaku I guess, but My new bedroom

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
This isn't really that otaku I guess, but

My new bedroom is really small, so I just ordered an emoor futon from Amazon to have better space management. I've always liked firmer beds anyway. Anyone else switched to a Japanese futon? Is a tatami pretty necessary or will I be fine saving money for not without one?
>>
File: tehe.png (394KB, 734x761px) Image search: [Google]
tehe.png
394KB, 734x761px
I have a couch that when deployed ends up being barely 10cm above the ground.
This totally can count as a futon.
>>
File: disgusted komachi.png (28KB, 217x198px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted komachi.png
28KB, 217x198px
>sleeping on the floor
>>
>>14635806
well I mean, you're still on a mattress...
>>
its going to hurt you
>>
>>14635881
Because it's too firm? Too thin? The one I got is almost 4" thick..
>>
I sleep on a mattress on the floor but a futon just seems stupid to me because I don't have anywhere to put it when i'm not using it so it's not like i'll magically gain more space

my room is only 1 foot on either side larger than a prison cell
>>
>>14635806
Studies show floorsleepers are the cutest.
>>
Animals sleep on the floor, I sleep on a bed like a decent human being.
>>
>>14636475
That explains why I'm so darn cure then.
>>
Well it's arriving today! I guess I'll see how it goes.
>>
I might be sleeping on the floor like an animal but damn this is comfy af
>>
>>14643386
I slept on a futon for 7 days in a hotel once, the only problem I experienced was that laying on my side was basically impossible. Though it might work better if the futon is thicker.
>>
>>14636855

My cat sleeps on the bed.
>>
>>14643937
Sleeping on your side can be bad for your back and shoulders. A futon encourages you to sleep on your back in good posture, which is why it can be good for your back. It can be difficult to get used to if you're use to sleeping on your side, though. I find it almost impossible to fall asleep without curling up in a ball, so a futon would be hard for me to sleep on at first.
>>
>>14644964
for some people, trying to sleep on one's back can be outright painful. even when I had to sleep on the floor on a single sheet and thin blanket, I couldn't do it. to sleep on my back I have to bend my legs, which means either having a blanket-tent or being in a weird "sitting indian style but laying down at the same time" thing. of course, either way my back ended up hurting after a while with the whole "no bedding" thing and I had to scrape up the cash for proper bedding. even a thin cushion is better than nothing.

poorfag life a shit, mangs.
>>
My mother traveled a lot with me in my childhood. Camping, sleeping in the woods and fucked up places was a daily thing, so sleeping on the floor is literally no problem. I'd still go for a real bed if I was you though.
My bedroom is small as fuck but I still have a king sized bed, why would you need a lot of space in your bedroom anyways. It's better to roll around in a huge empty bed really.
>>
>>14635641
let me know how it is anon. I want to order a decent futon cause of space and moving, and also cause I remember sleeping on one at my host family's and it was some very peaceful sleep
>>
>>14635641
Is there anything good but abit cheaper than the emoor? For $240 price I could basically import one from Japan.
>>
>>14648902
Well, I want/need more room for a dresser, a desk, a full-length mirror...so I could get by with a larger bed, but I've lived in a cramped room with a full-size bed and I hated it 2bh

I definitely understand why you'd want a real bed though! I don't really mind not having a big bed to roll around in, and honestly in the last couple nights with the new futon, I've loved it! It's also easy to put away and it ends up making my room feel a lot less cluttered.

>>14649542
I think it's really comfy! It doesn't feel like I'm sleeping on the floor, because there's enough cushion to make it feel, well, cushioned -- it's not great if you sleep on your side or roll around a lot in your sleep, but I didn't really much anyway. As it is, I'd definitely recommend it! I got the Emoor "Classe" mattress and ordered a pillow and kakebuton separately because I wanted a wool comforter, and a different pillow.

>>14649560
Out of curiosity, where would you import it? The Emoor basically is a Japanese import, it came wrapped up with Japanese product labels and tags. If you can find a better deal for the money, I'd love to know before my return window closes haha. The only other shikibuton I saw on Amazon with good ratings was the D&D futon... But that seemed really thin and more like a camping mattress than anything else, just way more travel-oriented. It *is* only $70 though
>>
>>14644964
Sleeping on my side hugging a pillow is the only way I can be comfortable, almost the fetal position. Actively wrapping my arms around the pillow feels really good on the back.
>>
>>14643962
your cat now has human rights, i hope you enjoy paying alimony
>>
>>14649670
You probably got a good affordable option. I really don't know 100%. I looked about a year ago at them and they seemed about that price after shipping from Japan. I was looking through rakuten global though, iirc. I really don't know where to get something like that easily. I have a friend in Japan and I'd probably try to ask him and his wife to help get one and pay them for the item and trouble, if it's economically feasible.
>>
>>14649748
I tend to push part of the sheets between my legs and pull them almost up to my chest.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I'm still deciding how to orient the bed (I've since decided facing the wall is stupid) but this is the bed, if anyone's interested in seeing it set up
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
...And folded up
>>
>>14653484
That's a strange place for a window.
>>
>>14635806
>Dat filename
>>
>>14653484
So this is what you paid $240 bucks for?
>>
>>14653484
>>14653486
Where does one buy covers for the futon? Or are those not covers but the actual futon?
>>
>>14661100
I got mine on Amazon with the futon itself! They're all the same brand, Emoor, because that seems to be the only actual Japanese company selling futons and futon accessories. They were kinda pricey though... Like $60 for the futon+duvet+pillow cases. The actual futon is just white.
>>
>>14660798
Basically desu

It doesn't look like much, but it is really comfy, and the kakebuton regulates temperature really nicely so it doesn't get too hot.
>>
File: futon couch.jpg (104KB, 425x388px) Image search: [Google]
futon couch.jpg
104KB, 425x388px
I grew up sleeping on one of these with a five-inch cotton mattress/futon. Didn't even realize it could be turned into a chair until I was around fifteen, and just thought that everybody else was insane for having such massive, fluffy boxes to sleep on. If you have the space it's the perfect compromise between not sleeping on the floor and a low, firm bed that doesn't feel like lying on a giant balloon on top of the kitchen table.
>>
>>14665602
I had one of those in college! Like the exact same thing, only black-painted wood. I never even used it as a chair, just a low bed with a nice 5" cotton futon mattress. That thing was baller, I really don't like spring mattress or memory foam shit.
>>
>>14665674
Yeah, mine was finished hardwood. I actually have trouble sleeping in hotels because regular western beds are just so much more uncomfortable than a futon or the floor. There must be some rationale for the whole box-spring plus gigantic mattress plus six-inch-thick sheet monstrosities that people manage sleep in. It seems to be common knowledge that they're bad for your back.
>>
>>14660798
Well it is efficient space wise. If you need room to move around, just fold it up.
>>
I don't understand why anyone would consider a futon space efficient. I'd much rather have a real bed I can store shit under, that way the bed space is just storage space.

My room is about 7 square feet. In that space, I have a single bed, 2 CRT monitors, a chest of drawers, a corner desk that's about 3 square feet, and an office chair. In terms of accessible floor space, if I'm not counting the space under my desk, I have around 2 square feet, which is just barely enough to open my door without hitting my chair.
>>
>>14667075
Good luck cleaning under that bed though...personally, I have a strong dust allergy, and carpeting is brutal on me when it starts collecting dust. You can leave the folded-up futon in the corner of the room, or even stick it in the closet.

And my bedframe is too low to the ground so the only thing that gets "stored" under it is shit that rolled under there and got lost. So I can definitely see the space efficiency of a futon.
>>
>>14667075
It depends what kind of storage space you have and the dimensions of the room. If it's a really small room but you have a decent amount of closet space you can use the bed square footage for other furniture while storing your futon in the closet or something, but if there isn't much closet space you might be better off just getting a small, low bed.
>>
>>14667402
>>14667504
I don't get why storing your futon some how on the ceiling hasn't been available yet. With western beds it's possible or to costly but with futon you just lift it up and it's good. Not sure how heavy futon is. And it even keeps it from bugs crawling in.
>>
>>14668608
>impossible
>>
I got an emoor futon set for Christmas. It's been great. Quite warm to sleep in, even though my apartment is cold. My back is usually bad, but it's been improving with futon use.
>>
>>14668608
That's actually a really good idea! The only issue I can really see is that you'd need to install some sort of shelf to slide it in. The futon itself isn't heavy, only like 6lbs, but that would still be kinda awkward to lift over your head since it isn't stiff.

>>14668885
I've been thinking the same thing! Mine is super warm, which is really comfy. I've actually slept in a regular western pillowy bed after sleeping in it for a few nights and...it didn't feel near as comfortable. Which Emoor set did you get?
>>
Don't most Japanese people prefer beds when space allows in the first place?

I always thought the whole "oh I prefer futons" thing was a anime meme.
>>
>>14668996
>That's actually
four hooks, strings and net should be enough.
>>14669000
I actually like sleeping on the floor. The harder my mat the batter.
>>
>>14669000
Yeah, I've figured it's probably an anime meme and maybe a traditionalist thing, but as a personal preference I've always liked lounging on the floor, and since I don't really have ample space for a bed, this seemed like a good solution.
>>
>>14668996
I got this one: http://www.amazon.ca/Emoor-Compact-Sized-Japanese-Futon-Japan/dp/B00BLCRWYI/ref=pd_rhf_cr_p_img_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Y6AG62QMSPVS6ZCY6BN
>>
>>14669000
It's not really a matter of 'preferring' as it is a matter of modernity and convenience. Futons may be conserving on space, but they're require a lot more time to prepare/clean than a western bed. Some people (e.g. old folks) might genuinely find western beds too soft for comfort, but for most futons are more of a backup necessity for when you have guests staying over, and are too much of a hassle for day to day life. Most new japanese buildings nowadays are western-style anyways, with western furniture and hard flooring and everything.
>>
>>14669145
>Most new japanese buildings nowadays are western-style anyways, with western furniture and hard flooring and everything.
Don't ruin the dream for people who haven't been to Japan please.
>>
I don't think I'd be able to sleep on a futon because bugs everywhere holy shit get out. How to Japanese people deal with that?
>>
>>14670203
Have you considered not living in a third world shithole? Who the fuck has bugs crawling all over their floors constantly?
>>
>>14663173
So let's say I want to buy a futon with the actual bed and blanket thing, plus some covers how much would the total cost?
>>
>>14670227
I watched some anime and they once had fucking centipedes crawling around their house, in Japanese anime made in japan which means it's in Japan. So how does that mean that Japanese people don't have to worry about bugs? What about houses closer to nature, wouldn't they have even more bugs?
>>
>>14670203
>>14671340

There's nothing stopping any bug crawling or flying into your bed no matter where it is. Also most of them don't matter anyway unless you live in Australia, California, or some other shithole where bugs can actually cause you damage.

I can see how it'd be a problem if you had pets that gave you fleas because you're a filthy person who doesn't take care of them, but just keep your shit clean and you won't have to worry about bugs.
>>
>>14670677
>with the actual bed
Do you mean the mattress? Or a kind of frame?

What I bought was the Emoor Classe mattress ($180), Emoor's wool comforter ($130), and a cover set for the comforter, mattress, and pillow ($60 all-in). I didn't buy the $240 mattress/pillow/comforter set because I didn't need a pillow, and I wanted a wool comforter, not a polyester one (wool breathes and regulates temperature better).

All in all, it was about $360. Not especially cheap, but the mattress I was looking at was close to $500, and I'd need a new frame and sheets for that anyway, so this was pretty comparable. If you bought Emoor's Classe blanket/mattress set for $240, covers would still run $60 or so, and you could keep it at $300. From comparing the two, I'd recommend the Classe set over the Rococco set (also called "Compact" Amazon) because it has more padding. Still firm, but less thin and flimsy.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.