[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/LLG/ Language Learning General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8

File: WorldLang-Flags.jpg (125KB, 1505x1130px) Image search: [Google]
WorldLang-Flags.jpg
125KB, 1505x1130px
This thread is for the discussion of language learning in general.

Share what languages have you already learned, what are learning now, and what you plan to study in the future.

Converse with others with similar interests as you, assist where you can, and share resources.
>>
File: 1414995293801.jpg (70KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1414995293801.jpg
70KB, 409x409px
Speak
>French (native)
>English (C1/C2)

Learning
>Italian
>Russian
>German (Trying to get back on track after forgetting a lot)

Planning
>Spanish
>Some asian language maybe
>>
>>55023302
>learning 3 languages at the same time
Why
>>
>>55023168
>M*xico flag for Spanish
>Brazil for Portuguese
>American for English
Trash
>>
I'm having trouble deciding what language I want to begin studying. I would like to work in Europe when I finish my degree..

I studied two years of French in high school, but that was ~6 years ago for me and I have not used it all since (a tragedy perhaps but what can I do about it now). I didn't find it too difficult, but I was never really inspired to study it outside of class - I blame this on my own laziness and my uninspiring teacher.

German I think would be most useful to me, but also the hardest for me to learn. I have an interest in working in Switzerland, so it would greatly help me to study this (unless I end up near Geneva, then I'd need French)

Spanish is the last option I'm also considering. I don't plan to work in Spain, but Spanish allows me to converse with Mexicans and South Americans in general, which can be useful while living here in the States, and in traveling to many different countries. Spanish also, as I understand, can also be used a 'stepping stone' language of sorts to learn similar languages.

What would you do in my position guys? Anyone on here have experience with all 3 of these?
>>
>>55023747
I literally google searched "languages" and the OP image was in the first row of images. Calm down.
>>
I speak spanish, english (B2) and portuguese (intermediate)
Not learning anything right now just improving english and portuguese

>>55023747
Those countries have the highest number of their respectives languages speakers tho

>>55023909
>german for work
>spanish for tourism
>french for memes
>>
>>55024436
Do you want to work in Portugal or Brazil? Or do you have a lot of Brazilians in your country and you want to communicate with them?
>>
>>55023168
i thought "ciao" means "goodbye" ???
>>
I'm studying English at the moment and hardly am able to speak it. Who'd like to spare some time for me and share our skypes to have some audio conversations?
>>
>>55025023
I don't really have a motive.
Portuguese is easy for us, I went to Brazil 2 times for vacations without knowing anything and I still was able to talk with brazilians. When I decided to learn a new language I just went for the easiest.
Also, the closest servers for online games are from Brazil, so I play a lot with them, which makes it useful I guess.
>>
File: annyeonghaseyo.jpg (15KB, 500x125px) Image search: [Google]
annyeonghaseyo.jpg
15KB, 500x125px
Speak
>English (native)
>Esperanto (fluent)
>Spanish (intermediate, probably B1 or B2, not sure)

Learning
>Korean

Planning
>???

I assume Korean is going to take me a long time before I know enough that I could jump into another language. But if I do learn alot of Korean I will probably just do Japanese after that since I read that the grammar is quite similar, so that would cut out alot of the work. Japanese seems to be more about memorizing Kanji. Thanks Koreans for inventing Hangul.

I am a bit interested in Russian but >all them fucking declensions

Seems worse than memorizing Kanji somehow...
>>
>>55025542
i'd recommend you to go for Russian since it's a kind of lingua franca for lots of different countries
>>
>>55023168
>Hola
>Not "Qué pedo"
>>
I speak Spanish

English B2

Started French

Latin is part of Uni's program
>>
>spanish
>mexican flag
triggered
>>
>>55025831
Yeah that would be my reason for learning it
>>
Learning French, Japanese, Esperanto and Spanish
>>
>>55027003
>Those countries have the highest number of their respectives languages speakers tho
>>
>>55027003
Happy 2016 amigo
>>
>>55025249
it means both hello and goodbye
>>
>>55027003
BIG
MEXICAN
RELEVANCE
>>
>>55023682
It's silly to begin learning 3 at the same time, but if you're already bilingual you have to use a language you learned in order to not atrophy.

I "finished" Spanish a while back (all the classes, grammar, duolingo), but I still have to do it daily to not forget, also learn new niche words
>>
>>55025023

Why would anyone go to Portugal for work?
>>
anons what language recommend me to learn? besides english and spanish
>>
>>55031285
english
>>
>>55023168
delete this
>>
>>55031285
welsh
>>
What are some good books or websites to learn Spanish
>>
>>55035487
Help this guy, folks. I want to learn spanish too.
>>
Who learning /nip/ here?
>>
>>55024011
Wow, this makes me fucking sad
>>
>>55023747
Not our fault the countries that invented those languages are so irrelevant.
>>
>>55035487
taringa, forocoches, hispachan
>>
>>55035487
>>55035625
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjDbUYXKGjc

https://fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/spanish-index.html

http://langacademy.net/vb/showthread.php/1839-Educational-Material-Index-Here-are-included-all-our-educational-materials
>>
>>55023168

>Speak

French natively
English perfectly

>Learning

Norwegian

>Can get around in

Spanish
Portuguese
>>
I'm learning Norwegian. Jeg laer meg norsk.
>>
>>55035625
I learnt portuguese with duolingo (just half the course to get an idea), a grammar book with audios, a fsi course ('brazilian portuguese fast') and memrise for slang.
You should try the same for spanish.
>>
File: 1442974495294.png (131KB, 425x348px) Image search: [Google]
1442974495294.png
131KB, 425x348px
Just fuck my shit up senpai. All of namasensei's videos are private now, where do I learn japanese from now?
>>
Me
>broken Spanish
>Broken French
>Learning Russian
If i disregarded how useful my language skills will be i would learn Finnish.
>>55031285
I would recommend German or alternatively Russian.
French sucks.
>>
>>55037428
>This channel is undergoing maintenance and will return in a few months. I need to convert the country of my account. Currently Google is holding thousands of dollars from me because of this. When this issue is resolved, I will reskin the channel and all content will be unlocked.
fucking google
>>
>>55037428
>This channel is undergoing maintenance and will return in a few months. I need to convert the country of my account. Currently Google is holding thousands of dollars from me because of this. When this issue is resolved, I will reskin the channel and all content will be unlocked.
Be patient tbhfam
>>
>>55023168

Speak:
>English
>Did you really expect more? I'm American.

Learning:
>Portuguese (BR), in anticipation of trip to Rio this Summer

Would like to learn one day but not actively planning:
>A Slav language, probably Russian and/or Polish
>Maybe Mandarin?
>Maybe Spanish, if enough of it doesn't bleed through with Portuguese?
>>
>>55037428
>>55037490
maybe this will help you
http://arch.b4k.co/jp/thread/14752051/#14755923
>>
>>55023168
Native english, learning french, planning to learn spanish
Are there any good resources for speech that a poorfag with almost no internet could benefit from? Good shows, podcasts, torrents that aren't dead?
Any good non-sjw webcomics in french?
>>
>Speak
English
>Learning
German
>Planning
Spanish
Arabic
>>
>he hasnt read fluent in 3 months
lol
>>
>>55023168
Korean language/hangul is the best. Fuck Jap gay language and those learning it.
>>
>>55038126
t. corea pig dog
>>
>>55023168
English is the native language.
Dabbled in Spanish, french - nothing of worth and forgotten it desu

Currently learning german, tad hard as it's difficult to set out time to relax, concentrate and learn but hopefully I can become fluent.
In the future id like to go for French or Italian, maybe even Spanish.
>>
>>55027003
>English
>American flag
Shit happens
>>
>>55037992
Du sprichst Deutsch gut?
>>
>speak
Spanish (native)
English

>learning
German
>>
>>55023168
Speak fluently
>Portuguese
>English
>French
Speak
>Spanish
>German
>Dutch
Learning
>Italian
>>
>>55041599
Cazzo quante lingue
>>
>>55023168
>spanish
>mexican flag
>>
>>55023168
>tfw started learning Swedish one year ago
>randomly decided to go to Sweden this past autumn
>stayed for 3 months
>slacked off on my studying most of the time
>tfw could be fluent right now if I would have continued studying regularly
>>
Natively speak English.

Learning Swedish. Hej hej! Hur gor det? Vad heter du? Talar du Svenska?

I gotta get a hold of watching some Swedish shows, Swedish children's books, and other language learning material.

Bra jobbat! :) Yeah, I really like Swedish.....
>>
>tfw trying learn Russian and starting to pronounce words with out looking up every letter

Were do I go after alphabet? I've never learned a foreign language before.
>>
>>55023168
Its English not American you kike
>>
English, learning Mandarin.

Shits hard.
>>
>>55031285
German or French.
>>
>>55044375
You could just go to duolingo, it teaches phrases and explains some of the grammar (but not on mobile).
>>
>>55023168
>that image
>USA for english
>México for spanish
>Huezil for portuggese
>Sweden not for arabic
this is bound to trigger some people desu senpai
>>
>mfw I haven't taken a proficiency test yet
Maybe I should. Might look good on my CV.
I hope it isn't too expensive.
>>
>New world flags for the languages

We did it!!!!!
>>
>>55046680
Your day will come Quebec
>>
Speak:
Russian

Learning:
English

Planning:
German

But I'm stupid as fuck and have no motivation to do it.
>>
Speak:
English, Spanish

Learning:
French

Planning:
Indonesian/Turkish/Portuguese/Russian
>>
>>55023168
Speak: Russian and English (but not fluent)
Learning: English
Planning: Spanish
>>
>>55023168
Speak: English and Russian
Learning: I learn a bit of Spanish every day since I live in Arizona
Planning: Afrikaans. It seems like a cool language.
>>
What's the best way to prepare yourself for a journey to a foreign land? I want my listening comprehension to be on point senpai.

Someone w/ the Glossika Mandarin (TW) Travel PDF, pls send pls
>>
>>55023168
>No britbong flag for English
Ridiculous
>>
Speak:
>English
>Korean

Learning:
>English
>Korean

Planning:
>Japanese in the distant future
>>
Speak:
>English (native)
>German (3 years so far, took a long break but getting back into it)
>French (2 years in HS, not the best)

Learning:
>German
>Middle English for fun

Any good German speakers that would like to talk? Also, any good intermediate-advsnced books for German, mainly for grammar?
>>
>Speak
English (A1-A2)
Somalian (Native)
>Learning
Swedish
>Planning
German (incase my asylum is declined)
>>
>>55047526
B8
>>
>>55027003
>spanish on duolingo
>this course will teach you a latin american version of spanish

okay then ;_;
>>
anyway I did Spanish for a few months back in last summer, I had a gf in barcelona and a few other friends in Spain so I wanted to learn for fun since i have such easy access to spanish speakers. but i got lazy and haven't learnt anything in like 5 months now

but i was in madrid last week and managed to have a conversation with these two women that didn't speak any english for like two hours at the airport. it was a simple conversation of course, but i still managed to hold my own with them for 2 hours. i was surprised and really proud of myself lads. really motivated me to start learning again and stick to it
>>
>>55037992
>Arabic
Are you planing a trip to Sweden aswell?
>>
>>55047526
Kek
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-06+at+07.03.03).jpg (42KB, 534x518px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-06+at+07.03.03).jpg
42KB, 534x518px
>Speak
English - Native

>Learning
Korean

Learnt mostly from online resources this past year, studying 2nd year Korean at University this year.

Fucking, excited.
>>
>>55023168
México
Spanish
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1441699077353.jpg (29KB, 370x330px) Image search: [Google]
1441699077353.jpg
29KB, 370x330px
>>55049372
>>
Native finnish
A1 english
Forced to learn swedish
Know some german and wish to learn more
I have also tried italian and spanish
>>
I want to be back to the joyful language learning,
but I have had to study another boring things for a certificate since December.
>>
I'm thinking of taking a language as an elective for second semester, first year of college beginning soon. Probably going for something like Spanish.
Also, I might join a club when I first arrive. If I do start studying a language, I'll consider joining a corresponding club- so something like the Spanish or Japanese club. Does anyone have any experiences with these sorts of clubs?
>>
Speak English and I'm learning French.

>>55049840
French and Spanish are the easiest languages for English speaking people to learn. You can learn conversational French with not a lot of effort, just consistent practice.
>>
Speak

Arabic (native)
English (fluent)
Urdu (give orders to pajeet)

Learning:
German (das auto)
>>
>>55047045
>Afrikaans
>Not Dutch
Lmao
>>
>>55036228

must be native speakers or something, many people have english and/or french as a second language
>>
>>55031285

french desu, learning it right now
>>
Speak Dutch, English
Learning Spanish, French
Plan to learn Japanese
>>
>>55024011
That img is flawed. Arabic is spoken by at least 400 million people, not counting the 1.6 billion Muslims, of which at least 40% of whom will learn how to read & write.
>>
>>55029370
to get European citizenship
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.