[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. your country 2. were you taught creationism or evolution in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: sannleiki.jpg (482KB, 1312x733px) Image search: [Google]
sannleiki.jpg
482KB, 1312x733px
1. your country
2. were you taught creationism or evolution in school?

1. The Faroe Islands
2. Creationism
>>
Toplel, we're not Clapistani Sultanate mate
>>
>>55011114
>flag
Evolution, but we never had to deal with butthurt christians, i do remember my teacher saying something like "remember, this is just a theory" just in case but people seemed to just face it as its own thing
>>
>faroe
>creationism
what
>>
>>55011114
evolution
>>
File: 1423034988844.jpg (49KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1423034988844.jpg
49KB, 469x463px
>>55011170
>the Earth wasn't created in six literal days
>>
We learned evolution and I went to a Catholic school

It's more of a Prot thing anyways
>>
>dindia
>evolution obvs
>>
>>55011114

>being taught creationist bullshit
That's burger tier.

Our middle and higschool have a separate course on religion, where creationism is taught as part of religion.
Even the most lunatic religious teachers tell us "this is what religion believes etc etc, but it's a metaphor"
>>
>>55011268
Creationism in the US is mostly hidden under the term intelligent design

here we just don't give a fuck, Christianity is a mandatory subject all years of public school.
>>
File: 1453566413496.gif (46KB, 257x436px) Image search: [Google]
1453566413496.gif
46KB, 257x436px
1. USA

2. Evolution
>>
Creationism isn't a thing here
>>
>>55011314
>americans
>taught creationism
>this is what people actually believe

>"bullshit"

>muh no missing links because ?????

>Even the most lunatic religious teachers tell us "this is what religion believes etc etc, but it's a metaphor"
Nope.
>>
>>55011114
1. Flag
2. Evolution
>>
>>55011114
I went to Catholic school from preschool to 5th grade. I was taught fundamentalist creationism. I kinda just believed it cuz I didn't have anything else to believe in. From 6th to 12th grade I went to a different Catholic school where they taught evolution and that creationism was "symbolic" and not meant to be taken literally
>>
>>55011114
1. Latvia
2. On lessons on biology we studied evolution for a year, on lessons on literature we had to study Biblical creation myths for a bit. On lessons on history we were presented with various naturalistic and and supernatural hypotheses for the origin of humans.
>>
File: IMG_0697a.jpg (403KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0697a.jpg
403KB, 1600x1067px
By the way, what irritates me the most in the biology classes here is that our teachers always talk about vertebrates when it comes to evolution thing, like as "hurr durr dinosaurs had pervaded the Earth before mammals, dinosaurs were huge and stronk but the fucking meteor killed them, dinosaurs have human rights, dinosaurs are mehmet my son durka durka..."
Those who love dinosaurs are only childish retards and they must have taught us the history of arthropods instead.
It could definitely be more interesting.
>>
>>55011114
flag
got taught both, including some other religions
then again i studied in a private school
>>
What the fuck? Even our idiotic govermant hasn't done it. Do you really learn religion in school?
>>
>>55012559
Yes. Christianity is a mandatory 1-9th grade. Jehova's witnesses can be exempt if the parents are able to prove that they will give their child a Christian upbringing.
>>
>>55012688
Why?
>>
>>55011114
We had theology, but it was about being good person rather than religion
>>
File: imaglel.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
imaglel.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
>>55011114
in my country _Science_ is taught at school, and _Faith_ at catechism

[spoiler]both fail to impress the kids unfortunately, that's why my country is how it is
[/splicado]

>>55011235
>"literal"
>sun was created on the third """"""day""""""
how did humans count the days if there was no sun before??
>>
>>55012754
The Faroe Islands are a very religious and deeply conservative society in general. Our national awakening in the late 19th century was partly because of increasing secular Danish influence. Our public school law is originally Danish, but Danes got rid of the Christianity thing a long time ago.
>>
>>55011114
1. US
2. Evolution. Creationism was literally never brought up in school.
>>
>>55012688
based Faroe
>>
File: satt.jpg (244KB, 2048x1448px) Image search: [Google]
satt.jpg
244KB, 2048x1448px
>>55012914
>26%
>tfw Poland is slowly giving into the spirit of Sodom
>>
>>55013007
>progressiveatia
>>
1. South Brazil
2. Both
>>
>>55013497
Where the fuck did you study? Some random catholic school in the middle of nowhere? In normal schools they only teach evolution.
>>
>>55013597
A random private school built by catholic priests in the 1940s.
>>
>creationism in scripture lessons
>evolution in biology
>>
>>55011114
Texas

You know.
>>
1) Canada
2) Both. Moreso evolution, creationism got a respectful mention.
>>
>>55013930
I've been following Aron Ra for several years now, so yeah I know. The situation in Texas seems quite similar.
>>
>>55011437
Neither are whites

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

j/k Germany you know I luv you.
>>
>>55011114
Northeastern US
Evolution

I went to Catholic mass though cause my parents dragged me. I thought it was boring as fuck but I was forced to go up through my confirmation. After that my parents just kinda gave up on it and let me do what I wanted. Needless to say I haven't been back. It was just difficult for the church to remain relevant when you were a kid and you knew you had fun vidya waiting for you at home after slogging through an hour service. God couldn't compete.

At least it's better than the South though. Went to visit an aunt in North Carolina once and got dragged to a Baptist mass. It was kinda cool at first with all the upbeat singing but the novelty wore off quick and by hour THREE I would have sold my soul to the devil to get the hell out. Never again.
>>
>>55013704
this
>>
>>55011114
Evolution
Our biology teacher was religious, when asked about it she said that evolution is completely compatible with christianity
Even our religion teacher, a priest, admitted we don't have to take the bible literally
>>
>>55011114
Brazil is a Catholic country.

The Vatican recognizes evolution.
>>
I was in a Catholic School. Studied Evolution in science class, studied the Bible and other stuff in Christian class, neither urged that this was the real shit, but because of how we come to approach the world through science I was more inclined to believe in evolution was the real deal, while Adam and Eve and the 7 days shit, and the rest of the Bible was some quasi-other worldly religious shit that somehow existed alongside normally with reality but separate from it.

So I can say when I was young, if I was asked on how the world came to be. I would say, oh, god created the world in 7 days, but when asked on how it really came to be, like seriously, I'd say, oh billions of years ago there was a big bang, yada yada, space debris/dust formed the solar system, planets, earth, meteors came to earth, there was then life, then evolution started, dinosaurs are awesome and after billions of years here we are because we evolved from some monkeys in the past.

It's kinda strange really. Nobody really cares about it here other than the "go forth, and multiply" part of Genesis because of muh contraceptives, oh, and the problem with gay marriage.
>>
Evolution of course. I didn't even know creationism was a thing before I got good enough in English to encounter Americans talking about it on the Internet. There was also some Muslim guy in high school who tried to argue with the teacher but he had proved to be a retard multiple times already so noone really cared.
>>
Argentina
Evolution
Our school was Catholic but no one really gave a fuck, even our religion teacher was a little agnostic
>>
File: memory.jpg (41KB, 560x284px) Image search: [Google]
memory.jpg
41KB, 560x284px
>>55014354
>luv
So after all there's still people who don't hate us yet.
>>
creationism in scripture and philossophy lessons
evolution in biology
>>
>>55013930
>>55014076
I went to school in Texas and was taught evolution. Creationism was never brought up in school outside of speech classes.

I thought creationism in schools was just a meme
>>
File: 1455336435336.png (61KB, 325x971px) Image search: [Google]
1455336435336.png
61KB, 325x971px
>>55011114
Learned about evolution.
We also talked about creationism.
>>
1. United States
2. Evolution
>>
>>55013007
Why is Liechtenstein so based?
>>
I was never thought creationism here
>>
>>55011114
>danish education
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.