[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>went to USA last summer >there is this graveyard near

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

File: tips sunglasses.jpg (136KB, 1280x1237px) Image search: [Google]
tips sunglasses.jpg
136KB, 1280x1237px
>went to USA last summer
>there is this graveyard near the hotel we are staying at
>someone would actually put coins on the graves to tip the custodians
>we'd collect these two times a day and use in the vending machine to get root beer
>once there was even a medal on one of them that my brother got

Why? They are already paid to keep the graveyard in shape. They are GARDENERS
>>
>>55006085
If you actually did this you are a huge faggot. Custodians barely get paid anything for what they do, and if your brother actually took a medal left on one of the graves he should fucking put it back because it probably belonged to the person buried there.
>>
>>55006149
>menial labor in US are practically beggars

whev
>>
>>55006085
Holy shit dude you guys are borderline grave diggers and should be beat up for that with a baseball bat if possible.
>>
>>55006149
if the medal is actually his why didnt they put it in the coffin with him.

Maybe he won best looking corpse at the graveyard.
>>
>>55006219
They aren't beggers, they don't ask for the money
OP is just a huge faggot that deserves to be beaten because he and his brother took money meant for a man who does a great service by maintaining the graves of the dead, as well as being borderline grave robbers by taking that medal.
>>
>>55006288
This isn't a joke, they really should put that fucking medal back and have the brother beaten by a bunch of refugees
>>
>>55006085
>Stealing from graves

Literal scum
>>
Not sure if the Yank is out-memeing the swede or genuinely falling for it.
>>
>>55006461
I said if the Swede isn't memeing then they should put the medal back, If he is just memeing then its just a shitty boring meme.
>>
>>55006528
It made you mad, didn't it? Stay sad, fatty.
>>
>mfw one of the workers got pissed off when I left too small tip
It was literally the only money I had in my pocket, travelling is expensive. Fuck sake. Get a real job if you're gonna get mad.
>>
>>55006336

Do americans "tip" their vets with respect instead of $$?
>>
>>55006719
Yeah, if you see a veteran on the street it's pretty normal for people to give them money. Whatever you can give. You better fork over more than 5 unless you want your ass kicked though.
>>
>>55006767
wouldn't it be pretty easy to fake being a vet for free "tips"?
>>
>be in america
>buy groceries
>get a free plastic bag
>a cool person of colour puts my groceries inside the bag
>say thank you sir
>hand him a one dollar bill
>cool person of colour says i'm not supposed to tip
tipping is retarded
>>
>>55006823
I thought you guys had sorted your debt problem?
>>
>>55006085
I remember good ol' times when European vending machines accepted 2 ruble coins as a Euro
>>
Stop being a cunt.

I'd invite you to Montana but I'm pretty sure we'd make you collect our droppings.
>>
>>55006988
fuck off?????
>>
>go out with an American here
>buys food for 15€ at a fast food place
>tips the cashier 5€ because "it's so cheap"
>>
>>55006823
That's why before I give them any money, I initiate the ACHMP (Army Confirmation Hand Movement Protocol). If he knows anything about the military, he'll know about the protocol (taught for 6 months in basic training).
>>
>>55006988
nice
>>
>>55006085
>american tipping "culture"
Literally just fuck my shit up tier
Instead of putting pressure on the businesses(unions are bad, m'kay)
you'd rather put pressure on ordinary people to save their fellow humans from starving due to inhumane business decisions.
Absolutely embarrassing.
Although yeah, what OP described is basically stealing
>>
>>55006149
agree. this is why i hate people
>>
>>55007080

what if i have severe PTSD and go into epileptic seizures every time i am asked to re-enact this protocol.
>>
>>55007125
Based neighbour is right
>>
>>55007125
tbqh i could go for a tip right now ms meMerkel
>>
Our "tipping" culture is something to be severely respected.

It's not to put pressure on a business. You do it for a better experience.

I'm a guide in Montana. I don't know if I'm going to get a tip, ever. I put up with a lot of shit from people and that little extra means I don't bitch and I tell you what I know.

Or else I'll do the bare minimum (which is a lot) and I won't give you extreme advice.

Without a tip I give you the full experience, bar-none. With it, I'll show you shit that only I know m8.
>>
I've never heard of anything like what op is describing. Sounds fabricated.

Idk why this jackhole is so angry about something that never happened >>55006149
>>
>>55007280
>Without a tip I give you the full experience, bar-none. With it, I'll show you shit that only I know m8.
And how do you get your hands on the tip /before/ you actually give the guide?

Fat cunt can into logic.
>>
>taking something put on a grave
somalian refugee detected
>>
>>55007353

If they tip me, I show them several streams that I know of. Or some really fucking awesome vistas to take pictures. This is my home, I know where they all are.
>>
>>55006085
>tips for the custodian
well that's dumb
>taking the medal
if you percieved this as anything other than a loved one leaving a prized symbol of one of their many triumphs/hardships endured, you are one dense motherfucker, and should put the medal back. And it's kind of a dick move taking the coins too.
>>
>>55007428
Couldn't they just pay for a map of the area for like 75 cents and go find the streams themselves?
>>
>>55007208
Then you would know he was a vet and you could give him money and an ambulance call. Idk how you would get PTSD from that though.

>>55007295
Thats why the poster said "If you actually did this"
>>
>>55007490
How about you map out Ahmed's dick and sell it for 75 rupees
>>
How do you know when to tip or not?

This was a huge problem for me when I visited, it started taking over my mind and every thought so in the end I just stayed in the hotel room.
>>
>>55007490

It doesn't work that way here.
>>
>>55007280
Lol. Keep on sucking corporate cock.
>>
>>55007490

Rather, it's simply to big and I know where the trout are, or where the elk are.

It's too big and what I love about this place is that it's wild.

When we've made it like your country, and nothing is wild and we're just all the same and we can't have anything that's calculated or systemic. That's where we've lost.
>>
>>55007555
it's simple, really
I just don't tip

never pay before you get your food
>>
>>55007648

*that's not
>>
>>55006085
now this is some faggotry
>>
>>55006149
>Custodians barely get paid anything for what they do

is usa a third world country or what?
>>
>>55007490
America isn't like Europe, these things aren't common knowledge that the rivers in X wilderness are amazing and A B C is how you find Y river and Z vista. Generally only locals will know and you won't know if you missed something or if your guide didn'y tell you everything if a local doesn't indicate.
>>
>>55007353
H-hey... D-d-d don't touch any o-of our money in th-those banks of yours

Pls
>>
>>55007727
No Custodians just don't get payed much.
>>
I do not like tipping. It feels like making the waiter into a prostitute.
>>
File: 3434545.jpg (78KB, 780x497px) Image search: [Google]
3434545.jpg
78KB, 780x497px
>>55007280
>Our "tipping" culture is something to be severely respected.
>>
File: 1453598719310.png (21KB, 1186x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1453598719310.png
21KB, 1186x1138px
>>55007490
'murica big
>>
>>55007280
>Our "tipping" culture is something to be severely respected.
fuck off
tipping was seen as a form of bribery until business owners realized they could get away with not paying their employees and passing the cost off to you
>>
>>55006085
>t. Abdul
>>
>>55007555
Did you tip the cleaning staff who would have come in after you left to clean?

Generally its better to tip rather than not, if you aren't supposed to the person will give back the tip unless they are a dick.
>>
>>55007280
Fuck you're going to get so many people with this
>>
>>55006085
>be european
>go to another country
>be completely baffled by their customs
i thought europeans were supposed to have culture kek
>>
>>55007280
Teach me how to bait like you senpai
>>
>>55007280
>severely respected

Jesus Christ Tommy, English is your mother tongue, learn to speak it.

I mean, holy shit Cletus, if you took half an hour each day studying your own language instead of fucking your sister, maybe you wouldn't sound like a complete idiot.

Haha god damn Ryan, tipping is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
>>
>>55008090
I am not him, but Montana borders Canada. What he said was technically correct but it is poor usage as the connotations were opposite of each other.
>>
Isn't tipping just a way for the employee to avoid paying taxes.
>>
>>55008148

FUCK OFF NIGGER LET ME HAVE MY MOMENT
>>
>>55008177
Montana is also one of the whitest, if not the whitest, state in the union.

I am white
>>
>>55008214
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/30000.html

>less white than Sweden

sometimes one forgets how non-white the USA is
>>
>>55006085
>steal a deceased veterans medal
I hope this is bait otherwise I hope your brother and family is raped by somalians you massive faggot
>>
>>55008214

I'm sorry, I was very mean to you. I'm nicer in real life, I promise.
>>
>>55006085
Rövhål
>>
File: WhenTheBaitIsJustRight.png (69KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
WhenTheBaitIsJustRight.png
69KB, 557x605px
>>55007076
>>
ta ditt liv för fan
>>
File: bub.gif (179KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
bub.gif
179KB, 375x375px
>>55007883

Great, isn't it?

Baiting other westerners is fucking hilarious.

"YOU DID THE WHAT WITH THE TIP?"

Naw man, we're cool.
>>
>>55010353

No but seriously, tip your guides if you want to come back. Or else we won't return your calls.
>>
>>55010579

It's like "do you remember James from Australia?"

Fuck no I don't.

"Guess he isn't going elk hunting this year, he was a cunt and didn't even camp out with us."
>>
>>55010579

what's the purpose of tipping though? My American nephew came to Singapore for a visit and when he tried to tip the cab driver, he completely refused to accept it.
>>
>>55007727
Custodians aren't paid well in ANY country.
>>
>went to USA 2 years ago
> more fat ppl than I expected
>not just fat, too fat.
>>
>>55011237
>He tried to tip the cab driver
lolwut you don't do this, unless he drove you some ridiculous distance like from New York to Boston (3-4 hours)
>>
>>55006574
The general view is if you can't afford to tip you can't afford to eat there, go get something from the McDonald's dollar menu.
>>
File: blockopepe.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
blockopepe.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
>>55015131
>view

Doesn't matter. Unless you include tip in the bill then deal with it, stupid waiterfags

should have gotten a STEM degree instead
>>
>>55007916
this desu family
>>
>>55007280
I disagree,
that ensures that you have to put up with their shit the whole time, and if they're assholes, they're probably not gonna tip anyway.
Why make it so unpredictable? If are simply paid a wage you can live on, why bother putting up with shitty customer's BS? It just perpetuates the culture that "The Customer is always right" when 99% of the time, they aren't.
>>
>>55014978
But if your ride is $8.75 don't you just give $10 and leave? Or you will look for pennies in pockets to pay exact sum or wait for change?
>>
>>
>>55021133
No I would ask for change. The amount may seem small but it really adds up, you save a lot of money by not giving money to annoying beggers or waiting 5 seconds for change
>>
>>55021256
Lol, it's too pettily even for us, ruspoors. Why you leave tips to all hotel personnel then? Is pressing elevator button really worth 5$? You can't reach it out by hand while driving a fatcart? Americans even tip hairdressers for a service that they already paid, why you can't do the same to the taxi driver? Especially if you ask to drive really fast and driver break some rules so you don't miss your flight or whatever.
>>
>>55022194
The guy to press the elevator is a meme, they don't exist as far as I know. If he did exist I would tip him simply because its manners. I tip the hotel cleaners by leaving money out with a note when they clean my room. There are just certain jobs you tip and certain jobs you don't. Taxi driving is just one you don't as far as I know, and I am not going to reward a man for breaking laws unless I specifically ask him to.
>>
>>55022554
I though that everywhere in the world taxi driver isn't really a job, but something like near-criminal activity and if you are new in the city you catch a taxi and ask for hookers or drugs and he will deliver you to the right place. It's weird that in the USA they even aren't tipped.
>>
>>55023010
no taxi-driving is very serious business in America, but it might crumble into what you describe due to Uber taking off
>>
This is why we tip yuros. It might just be why you're all such unhappy people.

http://theweek.com/articles/585575/tipping-awesome-trust-im-french
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.