[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ways our families held us back tbh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: wojak hiding his disappointment.jpg (99KB, 908x714px) Image search: [Google]
wojak hiding his disappointment.jpg
99KB, 908x714px
Post how your family held you back from success.

Mine:
>Never taught me ANYTHING about personal finance/investing/markets, etc
>Said meme shit like "You need to be a genius with a million dollars to invest!" when I told them what I learned about investing and tried to talk to them about it
>Constant nagging raised my cortistol and sequentially lowered my testosterone
>Gave me bad genetics(medium dick, king of manlets(5'11), bad eyesight, bad hair genetics, acne, made me Canadian)
>>
stop complaining you fucking faggot you're luckier than 90% of humanity

this is why western civilization is fucked.
>>
>>54987655

This. I'm tired of limp dicked Canadians being so fucking whiney. Travel a bit, you uneducated human piece of shit.
>>
>>54987655
t. Silverspoon fag

Shut up normie
>>
>>54987742

Hi limpdick!
>>
>>54987731
>This. I'm tired of limp dicked Canadians being so fucking whiney. Travel a bit, you uneducated human piece of shit.

Yeah I bet you would know something about traveling. Your parents could actually afford it.
>>
>>54987820
>>54987797

I'm just gonna keep calling you limpdick until you shut the fuck up.
>>
>>54987851
Nice "le others have it worse" meme idiot.

>If u lose ur arms to cancer u shouldnt complain becus someone out there in Africa has no arms AND no legs!
>>
>>54987899

>Wahhhhhhhhhhhh I'm fucking retardedddd someone help meeee

Limpdick, I'm just saging you now.
>>
Whiny faggots dont deserve any success.
>>
>>54988017
>Normie silverspoon babby has to resort to ad-hominems because he can't come up with an argument

Pathetic.
>>
>>54988408

I'm countering your bump with a sage, limpdick
>>
>>54988440
shut up silverspoon normie
>>
lol at all these "but africans have it way worse"

Great civilizations didn't get great looking at how bad other people have it, but constantly improving themselves.

Parenting forms the people of a country, shitty parenting will bring up shitty population.
>>
>>54988757

>Lithuania

Your country is a joke, and we think people that live in your country need foreign aid. Don't post here
>>
>>54988791
>He doesn't know how well people live in Lithuania

Lmao he probably has a better quality of life than you do.

Keep smoking weed though faggot
>>
>>54987419

That's fucking pathetic.

/r9k/ tier.
>>
>muh parents ruined muh life

thread for edgy 16 year olds
>>
File: 1452653833536.jpg (66KB, 544x517px) Image search: [Google]
1452653833536.jpg
66KB, 544x517px
>it's a Canadian autism thread
>>
>>54988841
>>54988850
>>54988912
People with good parents detected.

You don't know how it is.
>>
>>54988791
I work for a Canadian firm here, 70k cad a year, a form of foreign aid yes
>>
>>54988508
I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Your parents did more for you than anyone else could ever do for you, even yourself: They had you born.
It's up to you to navigate life and find success, yeah it's helpful if your parents can teach you valuable skills, but no one's perfect, your parents did the best they could.
Your only response should be gratitude, and if you see some flaws in them, address them (kindly)
I was never given anything by my parents, except for food and shelter, and modest gifts at holidays.
tl;dr
Grow up, be grateful for the opportunity to live, and explore consciousness, and stop blaming others for your down-falls.
>>
>>54988945
Nah I had mediocre parents. But i recognize the reason for being stuck at home, shitposting on a Cambodian fishing imageboard is my own incompetence. Maybe one day you'll realize that.
>>
File: 700.jpg (23KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
700.jpg
23KB, 600x606px
>my dad worked his ass of to provide for me
>we actively were part of the working class, the middle class and as of the last 3 years the upper class
>always stressed hard work and self-reliance, anything can be done with hard work and conviction
>dad always said he was proud of me when i deserved it
>provided every damn thing i have
>my mom loved me unconditionally
>dad gave me god-tier jawline, hair and facial genetics
>mom gave me high-tier eye genetics and sociability, sense of humor
>both my parents are hella short, i'm 185 thanks to based grandparents
>tfw i've accomplished a lot thanks to my parents been brilliant, non-complacent fuck-ups constantly struggling for something greater in this world
>>
File: 1433434767772.png (22KB, 217x225px) Image search: [Google]
1433434767772.png
22KB, 217x225px
>>54988963
>>54989051
>I was never given anything by my parents, except for food and shelter, and modest gifts at holidays.

Yeah but I'm guessing they didn't harm you.

Mine stifled my interests, gave me terrible advice, verbally/physically abused me from a young age and treated me terribly to the point I couldn't make very many emotional connections with people.

So in a way you could say it's their fault.

After they ruined any friendships i tried to make and prevented me from gaining social skills, what other options did I have besides sit on the internet all day?
>>
>>54988945

Apparently neither do you, if the worst you can come up with is:

>my parents nagged me, couldn't give me expert financial advice, and as a consequence of literally giving me fucking life gave me 'bad genetics'

Fuck now that I think about it I just got baited hard.
>>
>>54989132
Haha, you were abused, faggot!
>>
File: 1443290039119.jpg (39KB, 634x471px) Image search: [Google]
1443290039119.jpg
39KB, 634x471px
>>54989093
>and yet you're still french

Sorry to hear that bro
>>
>>54989172
Yeah very funny Pranjeet.
>>
>>54989132
Your parents are riddled with faults, and yet, they did the best they could with what they know how.
You could say it's their fault, but dwelling on the past, and making threads about it is a poisonous attitude.
I re-iterate, your parents gave you life, they did what they did, because they didn't know better (that's over now) and now it's up to you to move forward and grow-up.
>>
imo some people can get really fucked by bad parenting. Some people are resilient, others will succumb to any bs around them

put any person in my care for 15 years and i can destroy it's psyche completely
>>
>>54989314
have to agree with this guy op, they didn't know better, forget the past and try to better your future
>>
>>54989336
Negąsdink vaikų
>>
File: frusturated wojak.jpg (6KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
frusturated wojak.jpg
6KB, 267x189px
>>54989314
>I re-iterate, your parents gave you life, they did what they did, because they didn't know better (that's over now) and now it's up to you to move forward and grow-up.

I know, and I'm working on that but it just really feels bad to know how much further I am behind everyone and having to learn social skills and such many years after everyone had learned there's and moved on.

>Tfw you'll never be able to make friends/get gf as a young man again
>Tfw you'll never be abel to get back those wasted years
>Tfw you'll never have normal parents
>>
>>54987419
Is this a meme?

Didn't I see this exact OP on /biz/ earlier this week? Am I being memed on?
>>
>>54989500
>Didn't I see this exact OP on /biz/ earlier this week? Am I being memed on

Yes I posted it but I just want to feel some feels with my bros and cheer eachother up.
>>
>>54989336
Let it be destroyed, and from the ashes let it be renewed.
Yes, parents can destroy your psyche, they can turn you psychotic, or instill mental illness within you.
But if you're sitting on the internet (like the OP is) obviously with a home, obviously capable of communicating with others, then you are well off enough to succeed in life.
And complaining that you weren't given more than you've got can only hinder you, unless you transform those thoughts into articulate methods of obtaining more.
>>
>>54989500
Everything is a meme Hans.
>>
>>54989541
>but I just want to feel some feels with my bros and cheer eachother up.
Great plan, what could possibly go wrong.
>>
Canada needs to be destroyed
>>
>>54989639
be quiet amerilard
>>
>it's a 'it turns out he was just a shitty person raised by shitty parents and it doesn't matter what country he would have lived in' episode
>>
My dad is a good man but he his too good on me. I often feel like I dont deserve him for being a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>54987419
always bitched to me about how only people with connections make it at their work,this drilled into my young brain that what's the fucking point of studying for something or aplying yourself bc it's in vain,
tfw people that said in high school omg you're so smart are making 20x the money I'm making as a neet.
But I'm 29 and still living off the bitch so I guess I showed her,huh
>>
>>54990108
There there romaniabro.
>>
>>54987419
By raising me in a Mormon home and telling me that sex is bad and should only be had between married people
>>
File: 1452482628830.png (461KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
1452482628830.png
461KB, 1059x962px
>circumcised me
>>
>>54987419
>Alcoholic parents who just left
>My boss adopted my brother and I
>My brother got killed in Afganistan

I now run the ranch and have a happy family, My adopted dad is dying though with cancer so I guess it's not all great
>>
>>54991222
Hehehe
>>
File: 1454808804204.png (286KB, 473x627px) Image search: [Google]
1454808804204.png
286KB, 473x627px
>>54991240
>TFW even in your darkest and lowest moments as a man you'll never be a canadian.
>>
File: hanging wojak.jpg (10KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
hanging wojak.jpg
10KB, 205x246px
>>54991341
I wish I knew this feel.
>>
ITT: anon dives full into victimism and expects us to go with him. Anon, what's preventing you from taking control over your present and future other than fear?
>>
>>54989901

Just let us annex you already. You won't have to be leafs anymore, and we will teach you how to be manly
>>
>>54991534
How about we annex you instead?

Need I remind you that a shooting happens every day in the US, you have almost our country's population in illegal immigrant beaners AND you have ridiculous obesity rates.
>>
>never let me go over friends homes while growing up(4-10)
>they would constantly turn down invites to go over others homes
>proceed to have no idea how to interact socially with others
>same happens in high school
>could never go over friend's houses since everyone lived 40 minutes away because private school
>now a /fit/ autist in uni
>>
>>54987419
Fuck you losers

My parents gave me all they could including having a computer with Internet access back in 1999 in this 3rd world country considering we're not even rich I don't think you understand how big of a deal this was. Being of 4chan is nothing more than a product of having access to that.

I'm pretty much a manchild normie with a well paying job who bangs hot chicks and doesn't want to commit because I'm still in top shape and shouldn't devote my sexual prowess to a single woman.

Stop blaming your shortcomings on your parents that is just lame
>>
File: 1452735998644.jpg (67KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452735998644.jpg
67KB, 960x960px
>>54991369
>>
>>54991626
I had no idea Angolans could be articulate
>>
>>54991626
>gommie
>>
>>54991760
Communism is/was always a meme.

Even when we were communists, politicians lived a western lifestyle and imported all their luxuries

Only the people had to stand in line for bread
>>
>>54991864
Thats what communism is friendo.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.