[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Paying for TV >Mandatory >Government employees will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

File: _73820759_tv_lincences_624.gif (15KB, 624x487px) Image search: [Google]
_73820759_tv_lincences_624.gif
15KB, 624x487px
>Paying for TV
>Mandatory
>Government employees will knock on your door for not paying these fees

I thought the UK was the only nation that was cuck'd into the TV licensing scam
>>
>>54930179
the us isnt any better with all their shite jewish deals though
>>
>>54930179
well looks like you were wrong, what a surprise
>>
File: wut.png (37KB, 648x349px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
37KB, 648x349px
>>54930179
You only know about ours because the BBC is a huge global success, in addition to being our public broadcaster.

Not having a publicly-funded broadcaster is a bad thing, and I think your society poorer for it.
>>
>>54930235
>shite jewish deals though

I don't have the government knocking my door tell me to pay some involuntary tax for television.
>>
File: not quite.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
not quite.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>54930304
>I don't have the government knocking my door tell me to pay some involuntary tax

Wait, the taxation in the US is voluntary? Oh my goodness that is wonderful. I assume everybody chooses not to pay any tax, then?
>>
>>54930296
>Not having a publicly-funded broadcaster is a bad thing,
>Still see the same BBC shows in our free local channels

I understand the the BBC but for other countries? Norway/Denmark/Austria/Switzerland have literally zero content to show
>>
>>54930357
>assume everybody chooses not to pay any tax

Did you miss the 'television' part?
>>
>>54930235
Not him but anyone on planet earth who pays for television is a retard.

The internet is a thing and you can watch anything ever for free

People paying for netflix is extra retarded, because you only get access to specific fucking netflix shows.

>person at work complaining something got taken off netflix
>tell them that there's a thing called the internet
>they tell me I'm going to be arrested and they look worried

Christ people, you live in the infor-fucking-mation age. You should know how to use your goddamned computers.
>>
>>54930179
>I thought

americans in charge of thinking
>>
>>54930497
>steal content

great business model mate. If only everyone was as smart as you, we'd have literally no content being produced.
>>
>>54930304
I've never paid TV licence tbqh, they send you a "threatening" letter every few months and that's about it
>>
>>54930437
Brits don't have to buy a television license unless they want to receive state programming (BBC).

They can choose to own a TV for other purposes or subscribe to cable like we do without purchasing a license.
>>
>>54930497
>tell them that there's a thing called the internet

Not the police but the ISPs have a history of cutting services to those who do that

>One ISP in area
>No no more torrenting privileges

But your edge right now, can cut butter.
>>
>>54930179
Korea's got a good deal, considering how wealthy the country is.
>>
>>54930296
>Not having a publicly-funded broadcaster is a bad thing, and I think your society poorer for it.
But we do, UK just funds theirs in the most awkward manner possible
>>
File: bbc.gif (67KB, 942x749px) Image search: [Google]
bbc.gif
67KB, 942x749px
>>54930392
>Still see the same BBC shows in our free local channels
You do not get the same BBC shows for free. You (and everyone else in the world) gets BBC radio for free on the internet. That's all. Not the TV. Your networks pay the BBC to run some old programmes on BBC America, but that's hardly anything. Don't pretend you get the same stuff we do, you get a tiny, tiny fraction of it and your companies pay the BBC for that.

>>54930437
>Did you miss the 'television' part?
It doesn't matter. How is paying for a public broadcaster any worse than paying ethanol subsidies to farmers or subsidising big oil companies? It's a public service.

If people want to use a public transport system, they'll pay for it in taxes. Even if they don't want it, they have to pay the taxes anyway. Public broadcaster is another public service and most people want it. So what is the problem?

By the way, your stupid "involuntary tax" comment is ironic because the licence fee is the closest thing to a "voluntary tax" that exists.
>>
>>54930561
Nobody is holding a gun to your head. Do you buy music, too? Don't tell me that you, specifically, a person who can navigate 4chan, pays for television.

Surely you get everything online for free?

>>54930624
I have never bought a single thing, during my entire fucking life, that I could get for free. I have never bought a CD, I have never purchased a movie, I have never bought a game. My ISP has never cut me off.
>>
>>54930607
That's unfortunately not true, you receive the BBC channels whatever package you have so have to pay TV licence on top of that.

If you actually pay it that is, again they can't actually force you to
>>
>>54930636
>wealthy
>>
>>54930693
You can't purchase a cable package without having the BBC tacked on?

That's pretty gay.
>>
>>54930604
TVL postage and paper is not free

>>54930607
Still required but the government still imposes the stigmatization of the TV license
>>
>>54930179
its mandatiry for state radio too:D:D

buz I like our national service, its without ads ad they have some good shows(they dont care about ratings)
>>
>>54930776
no

BBC (along with a bunch of other channels) is in "freeview", basically what used to be called terrestrial TV, the standard channels any TV receives
>>
>>54930691
>You do not get the same BBC shows for free

I only want to see David Attenborough; everything else from the BBC is shit. Networks? Just PBS

>paying ethanol subsidies to farmers or subsidising big oil companies?

Because I get cheap fuel out of this?
>>
Independent public broadcaster is a good in countering commercial interests of media moguls

I enjoy our RTVS. It has the only watchable news service and it's getting better overall.
>>
File: 1424836639988.jpg (164KB, 840x560px) Image search: [Google]
1424836639988.jpg
164KB, 840x560px
>>54930245

> He doesn't care about being the seventh most c*cked country in the world.
>>
>>54930800
>Still required
It's not, unless you want to receive the state program services. You don't have to start paying your TV license tax the second you come of age, just if you own a television on which you receive and view BBC programming.
>>
>>54930686
The funding for PBS is a pittance compared to the BBC, if we gave as much money to public broadcasting we'd blow them out of the water. But we don't because airwaves were considered a means to a quick buck than a public good.
>>
>>54930954
At least the BBC tries to offer some content but RTVS? Do they even have anything

>news services

Dont you have Google news updates or something?
>>
>>54930948
>Because I get cheap fuel out of this?
The opposite, you fool. What does an effective import tariff do to prices?
>>
>>54931026
you seem to think this matters in some way
>>
>>54930179
>Not posting the video
Try not to be such a faggot OP
https://youtu.be/TnGG8SEYDoQ
>>
>>54931045
>just if you own a television

Owning a tele is enough to get a brown postal from the tvl
>>
>>54930296

No one in the right mind would think the BBC is objective at covering the problems with the UK government, though. Funded through voluntary contributions is probably best.
>>
>>54931109
>What does an effective import tariff do to prices?

Nothing because the ethanol is a waste product from our corn industry
>>
>>54931189
do you think the BBC is run by the government?
>>
>>54931157
Which you can throw in the trash and have no legal responsibility to answer with payment, as long as you're not receiving state programming on that TV.
>>
>>54931189
>No one in the right mind would think the BBC is objective at covering the problems with the UK government, though.
Can you be more specific?

>voluntary contributions
No thanks, I don't want it to end up like PBS.

>>54931222
You mean it's not used a fuel? A fuel which people buy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_the_United_States
>>
File: adasda.jpg (80KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
adasda.jpg
80KB, 720x707px
tfw when I watched that american '"""""sport""""", the superbowl, with no adverts for a fraction of the price that some burger pays to cable trash.
>>
>>54931299
>state programming
The BBC is not "state programming"

>The BBC is a statutory corporation, independent from direct government intervention, with its activities being overseen by the BBC Trust (formerly the Board of Governors).[50] General management of the organisation is in the hands of a Director-General, who is appointed by the Trust; he is the BBC's Editor-in-Chief and chairs the Executive Board.[51]
>>
>>54931083
They make documentaries, make their own films and TV shows that doesn't have to be aimed at mainstream, show foreign films and classics etc.

It's much better than trash on commercial channels
>>
>>54930686
My PBS station mostly plays advertisements of DVDs and CDs, as well as meme doctors pushing "health" books. I can't remember when they aired a full-length documentary or anything educational.
>>
>>54931325
Many of them actually watch it for the adverts these days. The adverts are like mini films with good production quality. I know, crazy, but there you go
>>
>>54931299
Government works differently but you either get a letter or agent at the doorstep

The police is not going to throw tear gas and shoot everybody down
>>
File: englandyes2.png (4MB, 3902x3733px) Image search: [Google]
englandyes2.png
4MB, 3902x3733px
ENGLAND

YES
>>
>>54931375
But the majority of Slovakians don't watch TV...

Majority of the young population would rather watch some American/British movie from a pirate streaming service...
>>
>>54931539
And nobody is going to charge you with tax evasion if you simply own a TV without paying for a programming license.
>>
>>54930179

They don't know, so they just call and ask if you have a TV. Just say no.
>>
>>54931745
Again, you are confusing how the two government behave themselves when it comes to enforcing laws

they wont shoot you down and charge you for evasion
>>
>>54931144

What the fuck is wrong with the UK, desu senpai?
>>
>>54931867
And you confusing a government tax with voluntary payment for a year of services to an induvidual.

Don't want to pay for a TV license? Don't watch BBC programming on your TV.

Don't want to pay your taxes to Uncle Sam? You're under arrest.

>they wont shoot you down and charge you for evasion
Tax evasion is probably one of the worst things you can be under suspicion of. They will tear you up.
>>
>>54931325
handegg is ghey no one watches that shit here (seriously)
>>
>>54932044
They will still send you a letter even on the suspicion of owning a license

Even when you are purchasing a television; they are required to write down home address. Never bought a TV? That's also suspicion of the license not being paid
>>
>>54932454
>They will still send you a letter even on the suspicion of owning a license
>Never bought a TV? That's also suspicion of the license not being paid

None of this equates to me legally having to pay money just for owning a TV, unless I am also receiving a BBC signal.
>>
>>54932561
>egally having to pay money just for owning a TV

Tell that to the letters and its assumptions on you are using the BBC services through the television
>>
>>54932685
They can send all the letters they want, they basically equate to spam mail if I am not actually receiving BBC programming.

Everyone who receives mail has to throw out unsolicited mail offers from time to time. This is just one more to add to the pile.
>>
>>54932454
>Even when you are purchasing a television; they are required to write down home address

>Never bought a TV? That's also suspicion of the license not being paid

where the hell do you get this shit from?
>>
>>54930179
This is why I don't have a tv.
>>
>>54931325
>he watched the superbowl
>>
File: 1412934492830.png (59KB, 576x507px) Image search: [Google]
1412934492830.png
59KB, 576x507px
>>54930179
>paying tv license
I'm not paying for left-wing propaganda, sorry
>>
>>54933300
You're right. Why would you pay for something your country provides for free?
>>
>>54933300
This.

Oy vey goyim give us money so we can brainwash your children
>>
>>54930179
>paying for tv, music, solo games, books, cinema
also 2016
>have money
>>
File: america9.jpg (697KB, 1438x1604px) Image search: [Google]
america9.jpg
697KB, 1438x1604px
>amerijuan tv shows
>>
File: 1454552954769.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454552954769.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>54934441
oops, this isn't /brit/
>>
>>54932454
Much like the Nigerian Princes, They just send out letters to any one they can in the hopes some retard under 30 will give them money.
>>
File: 1452353372874.jpg (770KB, 2824x2721px) Image search: [Google]
1452353372874.jpg
770KB, 2824x2721px
>>54934441
WTF
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.