[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malta Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 30

File: Malta flag map.png (24KB, 598x533px) Image search: [Google]
Malta flag map.png
24KB, 598x533px
Let's have a Malta thread.

Questions about knights, culture, history, myself, kebab removal, kebab take-aways, "Y-you're just an arab-lite!", "RIGHTFUL BRITISH CLAY" and "I was there in the summer, you all drive like fucking lunatics!" welcome. Ask me anything.
>>
Do you love bbc?
>>
>>54928099
Do you live in Valetta?
>>
>>54928120
No, I don't have a TV in my room. My monitor is for PC and [spoiler]consoles[/spoiler].
>>54928144
Negative, I live nearby though, in the South, of sorts.
>>
C
>>
>>54928099
Is Maltese similar to Italian?
>>
>>54928494
Yes and no, britfriend. The language is a big hodgepodge of languages. At its core it is a very distant dialect of Northern African Arabic, closest to Libyan. Harsh tongue-twisters and all that included, it's more or less where similarities end. It's written in latin script, not "squiggles" and we have an arseton of loanwords from french, italian, english and all that.

Culture-wise, we take a hell of a lot from southern Italians in mannerisms, ethics and all that jazz.
>>
>>54928762
Is it used in daily life or are other languages?
>>
>>54928099
How is the UK perceived in Malta?
>>
RIGHTFUL BRITISH CLAY
>>
>>54928762
how do you write a ch in Maltese? weird H, right?
>>
>>54928991
It is plenty used yes, it's our national language afterall. English is the official second language though and it's used extensively. Businesses almost universally use English due to international dealings obviously.

>>54929055
We love y'all, really. We hold virtually no grudges whatsoever against any country that has wronged us in the past. In fact the country is divided in half between fans of italian football teams and british ones.

>>54929153
There's one for the Malta Thread Bingo.
>>
>>54929295
>We hold virtually no grudges whatsoever against any country that has wronged us in the past
D-do you like us too senpai?
>>
>>54929177
A ch.. in what context? Like the words French, Charter and Chode? That sound we use the C with a dot on top, the Ċ ċ
>>
>>54929477
German ch
or Scottish 'loch'
>>
File: 7b2.jpg (12KB, 320x337px) Image search: [Google]
7b2.jpg
12KB, 320x337px
>>54929381
>Check flag
>mfw
As long as you keep providing your delicious take away doner boxes, we're cool. On cultural thin ice, tho.
>>
>>54929574
Ah yes. Lo and a harsh H. Yes indeed we use the Ħ ħ letter. Pronounced the exact same.
>>
Sell me some reasons as to why I should visit Malta
>>
>>54929672
Good beer, sun and warmth all year round, rich history full of delicious war and ass-kickings y'all love so much, lots of places to eat, good service, picturesque beaches and opportunities for outdoorsy shit like absailing/diving/boating/fishing.

If you come during the summer, we're flooded with party-obsessed horny teens from all over the globe. We have a small town dedicated to getting drunk and happy along with several other spots of nightlife and in in the weekends it doesn't consider even slowing down until at least 3 in the morning.

We also have like... a minuscule presence of immigrants too, if that's your thing.
>>
Hey mate! How are you?
>>
>>54930656
Hey man, nice to see another local. I'm honestly fairly miserable thanks to a batch of troubles and a big bomb from a girl. Also sick on top of that.

Are you doing well?
>>
File: 1292137809179.png (25KB, 253x320px) Image search: [Google]
1292137809179.png
25KB, 253x320px
>>54929967
>If you come during the summer, we're flooded with party-obsessed horny teens from all over the globe. We have a small town dedicated to getting drunk and happy along with several other spots of nightlife and in in the weekends it doesn't consider even slowing down until at least 3 in the morning

done, sold, that's it, does ryannair fly there i'm booking my next trip see you in next summer
>>
fuck off togeran
>>
File: Feels good.jpg (320KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
Feels good.jpg
320KB, 680x497px
>>54930718
Ah shit man sorry to hear that, do you want to talk about it? I hope you get well soon. I'm alright man, I have a break from school and my friends and I rented a farmhouse in Gozo for the weekend.
>>
>>54930724
you do realise that applies to countless party spots all over europe
>>
4chan isnt banned from Malta?
>>
>>54928099
Good lad.

Heard Malta is fucking expensive. Is that true and if so why?
>>
>>54930956
>banning a website from a country
>>
>>54930956
why would it be sideways malta?
>>
Do you guys really speak Arabic?
>>
>>54930724
Yep, it does. I use Ryanair to go abroad for peanuts all the time. And while >>54930950 has the right of it, our prices are pretty cheap when compared to other European tourist traps. your buck will go a lot farther here.

>>54930789
Sounds like a pokemans

>>54930887
That sounds awesome dude, Gozo's pretty peaceful in the winter. Although there isn't much to do in terms of nightlife, I quite like it. With a good group of friends it's a really nice getaway. Familiar enough to not be a full-blown vacation but different enough to forget your daily responsibilities.

As for talking about it.. eh. Just feelings of worthlessness. When you keep trying but nothing works and you spend a year being sweet on a foreign girl, it's reciprocated, lots of playful back and forth, you visit and ... she isn't attracted to you and her focus on her future takes precedence. Basically a year of me being in the power position so to speak, she being touched that I find HER desirable enough to cross oceans to meet suddenly gets turned 180 and you're left high and dry.

The vacation itself was awesome and I even reached a big milestone in my career but thanks to this.. just feels hollow right now.
>>
>>54930956
.. No? We're not fucking North Korea, bruh.
>>54931417
See >>54928762
Language is technically a heavily-removed modern Arabic dialect but a base and pronounciations at most.
>>
>>54931563
So I hear your language is a mix or Arabic and native what ever. Any truths? IIRC you call god, Alla?
>>
Malta is nice but the food servings are too big, how are you all not fat pigs?
>>
>>54931856
Well.. yes I just said so. You're right, we do call god Alla, we don't pronounce the h.

For example the maltese version of Peace be with you is "Is-sliem ghalik". Iss sleem ahh-leek. Which obviously comes from Salaam Alajkum.
>>
Post hip hop on matla language.

Also can you understand arabian?
>>
>>54931438
Damn that must suck. May I ask where is she from? Don't give up man there are plenty of possibilities, you'll find a girl for you soon.
>>
>>54932080
>yes I just said so

didnt even notice lel

also, although arabic itself is cancer, local derivatives of it are cool, like Mozarabic;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYhriBNcIz8
>>
>>54932036
A lot of us actually are fairly large but we have that kind of italian touch where we like to take care of ourselves and love a bit of vanity. Lots of pasta and bread but I'd be careful about picking fights. Once I met this one guy who spent his entire life as a stonemason and roadworker. Real nice guy, simple, lived his life eating shitloads of the staple traditional diet and lifting heavy. Real fucking Rich Piana shit, EAT BIG LIFT BIG.

He had what looked like a beer belly. I saw him lift shit I didn't think was possible and I asked how do you manage? Told me his story and told me to feel his bicep and poke his belly.

No give at all. Was like trying to push a fucking boulder. Might look like a lazy slob but could punch my very soul out of my chest cavity.
>>
>>54932175
That actually sounds badass man.
>>
>>54932093
She's from England, bro. Real bookish type with dat accent, very honest and easy to talk to. Love to DIY too, very creative. How can I not fall for such a qt?

Don't get me wrong though, it's not like I'm DESPERATE for a girl.. it's just when you keep failings. Once, twice, maybe a third time sure you can blame happenstance. When it keeps happening, that's when the doubt comes in full force. It'll take time and I'll bounce back like I always have. Just wish I didn't have to for once.
>>
>>54932175
That DOES sound very nice indeed. Love me some relaxing chanting, thanks for this!
>>
>>54932481
Ah damn sounds great, but you'll bounce back trust me these things happen also bumpin
>>
>>54933006
Yeah. I guess it's a blessing from 4chan, honestly. You stay here for long enough and you've "Seen some shit", enough to laugh off most things life throws at you. Stay safe and have a great live-in mate!
>>
File: 1423433181622.png (127KB, 257x250px) Image search: [Google]
1423433181622.png
127KB, 257x250px
>>54933208
Cheers man! I hope you get what you want soon. Have a maltese song. also bumping again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0d__8-iOI
>>
>>54933320
Me too. Good song, nice video but that girl. I know her and I can't stand even being in the same room with her. Forgive me if you know her or are her friend but oh my god..
>>
>>54933643
Nah don't know her just like the song. What did she do? kek
>>
>>54933737
Well she's one of THE most stuck up, shallow bitches I've ever met. The kind who'll suck up to the most powerful and handsome person in the room or project in the hopes of getting something out of them to advance her position. Lots of eyelash batting and cute mannerisms covering a selfish detestable cunt.
>>
How is the Sovereign Military Order of Malta allowed to be a country without land claims?
>>
>>54933892
Wow sounds like a bitch. Is it common or is it rare to see people like that?
>>
>>54934263
Honestly, I rarely see them. Most performers I've worked with have been actually very down to earth and friendly if sometimes harbouring delusions of grandeur about their pet projects granting them hollywood stardom and the like.

It's just... the female version of "That guy with the punchable face", lel.

>>54934231
Forgive me, man, I don't know how to answer that if you mean land as in COUNTRIES, But the order itself exists and holds buildings and fortifications still in Malta and several other places. Seeing as they still exist, you could find a plethora of information online and maybe even a few e-mails you could contact and ask your detailed questions.
>>
>>54928099
A-are you a knight? How many Saracens have you killed?
>>
>>54934636
I'm not a knight but I've always wanted to be one. I remember I thought It was a legit profession until I was about age 7 when my primary school teacher laughed in my face and told me I was born a few hundred years too late.

I mean seriously you don't say that shit to a kid!

Due to such my Saracens killcount is set to 0 for the forseeable future. I have no Deus and I must Vult.
>>
Bumparino.

Anybody with any big questions yet? Ask me anything, c'mon!
>>
Sorry, but Malta is a rightful French clay

t. Jean de Valette
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 362x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 362x452px
>>54934923
Man, I've always wanted to be a knight too
>tfw can't even be a knight in Malta
>>
File: 1429402231789.jpg (8KB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
1429402231789.jpg
8KB, 200x293px
What's it like living in Malta? Advantages? Disadvantages?
>>
>>54936400
>Malta
>Georgia

dafaq, is this a RARE thread ?
>>
>>54936323
Well, you'll have to take it up with the English, my Camembert-Consuming Comrade. It's been a while.

>>54936342
Someday, bro. Sucks shit for you guys since you got a president and not a monarchy. If you did, valor in combat would earn you a Knighthood instead of a silly medal!

Sir Yank Burgerballs, Arise!
>>
>>54936531
Don't worry, my friend, we'll remove kebabs together...again...if deus lo vult
>>
>>54929967
You had me at y'all
>>
>>54936400
I can't answer the first question besides "ok I guess" as I've never lived elsewhere. But let me compile a small list.

Advantages
>Safe as fuck, can walk home alone at 3am through most places and be perfectly fine
>Most things are cheaper than in mainland Europe
>Great nightlife
>Lots of history and things to do if you like many outdoorsy activities
>Housing tends to be on the cheaper side than most countries and you get a lot of space for your buck. As an example, there's many big fucking houses built by Knights and Lords that are open for purchase.

Disadvantages
>Summer heat fucking murders you
>Not many jobs or job variety
>Noise may get to you especially during summer with village feasts and fireworks 24/7
>Job salaries are low compared to cost of living
>Next to no greenery. The country is 99% a big blob of brown when seen from the sky
>Regardless of the history and culture, there's a stunning lack of respect and proliferation of the arts. Aside from specific events and places to go, we're fairly devoid of artistic pursuits. Even the government generally considers it artistic pursuits a hobby at best.

If you throw me specifics, I might be able to help you further.
>>
>>54936470
Hownew.ru
>>
>>54936975
Don't forget that the transport is a bit shit.
>>
>>54937176
Honestly I dunno. I mean I don't drive and I have always relied on buses. It's been quite good since the latest service providers took over but always get those hiccups. Under Arriva when they changed, often my fucking bus didn't even come and I had to wait until the next.

Public transport is both a good and a bad. It's cheap as fuck compared to other countries, there's tons of stops, you can get most anywhere you want to go and nowadays I'm finding they tend to be on time. But when they don't work, you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>54937362
>Public transport is both a good and a bad
Pretty much this, I don't have issues with the routes and timetable but some of the drivers fucking annoy me.
>>
>>54936975
Damn your description sounds a lot like my country except for nightlife and green part.
Thanks for your detailed answer.
>>
>>54937891
My honest to goodness pleasure, friend. Ask anything if you still need to.

>>54937850
Yeah man, sometimes you meet a chucklefuck who drives way too slow, doesn't stop for people as the whim takes him and is far too fucking loud on his phone while driving and yells at passengers. the kinda guy who treats bus-driving as his own hobby with the passengers in for the ride instead of "I am a civil servant and I have a job to do and help these people get to where they need to be".

But then you meet some real angels that let you stop on stops they technically shouldn't so you don't have to walk an extra 15 minutes at night after a long day, or they spend a chunk of their break time to help you figure out a route or something.
>>
File: Coast-road-photomontage-700x306.jpg (80KB, 700x306px) Image search: [Google]
Coast-road-photomontage-700x306.jpg
80KB, 700x306px
Fuck you, tallinja card

Ps. You are Arabs and you speak an Arabic dialect. Stop telling lies.
>>
>>54938561
IL-FUCKIN KOWST ROWD MAAAAAAN!!

P.S: No.
>>
File: 23123.jpg (32KB, 630x340px) Image search: [Google]
23123.jpg
32KB, 630x340px
>>54929967
>good beer

cisk is no good beer. Blue label, maybe
>>
File: arriva.jpg (40KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
arriva.jpg
40KB, 700x465px
>>54938636
I WAS STUCK THERE FOR A WEEK. WHY? BECAUSE LET'S CLOSE THE ROADS

Ps. Yes mate, yes.If that is not enough: Mintoff FTW!!!.
Btw I love your country.
>>
>>54938700
>>54938834
I am laffin'! Sorry for your experiences but hey man, good shit. You come over often or what?
>>
>>54938636
Tfw the creator of the video is one of my friends kek
>>
>>54939133
Please give him my personal thank you, that was god-tier.
>>
File: dom_mintoff_1972.jpg (172KB, 684x400px) Image search: [Google]
dom_mintoff_1972.jpg
172KB, 684x400px
>>54938930
Yea, i even work and shit. I might even come this year as well if i cant find anything better to do
>>
>>54939200
No worries man he's coming to the farmhouse tomorrow so I'll tell him :^)
>>
Do you ever feel isolated ? It's such a small country, is must be weird. Do you know every place on the island ? Everyone ? Don't you miss vast empty spaces and nature ?
>>
File: -284-1-480440.jpg (51KB, 480x440px) Image search: [Google]
-284-1-480440.jpg
51KB, 480x440px
>>54929622
Kebabs sent you your new 2 doors bus btw
>>
>>54939275
Awesome shit, I hope you do. Maybe we can shoot the shit, down a few brewskis :^)

>>54939286
Sweet, have a great time!

>>54939479
FUUUUUCK Olde Keg. I have some great memories in there but some really horrible ones too. Too many people I hate the shit out of for various reasons make it their haunt. I often wondered what it'd be like to just chuck a fucking grenade in there. Nowadays I avoid it like the plague.

>>54939375
Yes and no. I traveled a bit and I've always felt lost due to the large expanse of fucking nothing. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it's very difficult to get anywhere and it's always a fair bit pricey. It DOES get really annoying never meeting anyone new because oh wow that "new friend" you made turns out to be related to your classmate whose banging your cousin and knows you did that one embarassing thing and now everybody fucking knows. But it's... well, it has its ups and downs.
>>
I heard foreigners can buy passports is this true?
>>
Post maltese cuisine
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>54940205
yes man yes most def. Do you know a good place to listen to ghana? I ve started listening to frans baldacchino lately ( i found a record of him at the local library) and i somehow really like it.
What do you do btw? do you work? go to school?
>>
good thread
>>
File: img_0966.jpg (632KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img_0966.jpg
632KB, 1600x1200px
>>54940284
Sure, for something like 750 thousand euros. And honestly unless you're an oil sheik, MI6 or some other massive bigshot, you probably won't get one.

>>54940531
There you go!

>>54940608
I'm afraid not, I'm not really into it though I respect it (afterall it's like freestyle storytelling on the spot, which is pretty mindblowing). I work freelance mostly as an actor in foreign films and TV. I also do a lot of random odd jobs and am trying to develop a few DIY skills I can use to perhaps open a small side business for selling crafts. I'm a very restless person and I'm always looking for trying new things, to find some happiness. Hasn't done me much favours for the most part but I remain hopeful.
>>
>>54941112
ayyy we have something close to that we call it malsouka. whats the name of what you posted tho ?
>>
By all the experience I've had with maltese people (this thread), you guys seem to be top lads.
>>
do you get tons of illegal immigrants?
>>
>>54940205
I see, thanks for the answer. I still prefer living in a big city though.
>>
>>54941362
Obrigado amigo!
>>54941359
They're called Pastizzi.
>>
>>54941112
why is that every maltese i meet is artistic? Everyone is writer/singer/in a band/ etc etc
>>
>>54941359
Pastizzi. Puff pastry filled with usually Ricotta or a seasoned pea mixture. There's some brave souls trying out new fillings but for most people anything that isn't those 2 is ABSOLUTELY HARAM.

>>54941362
That's wonderful to hear, friend. Thank you.

>>54941474
Technically we do get a fair bit but we keep them in camps and they don't do much trouble aside from the odd purse-snatcher. They mostly fight among themselves when they aren't shaking hands on the bus for no reason.
>>
>>54941622
I have no idea mate, but we have that desire for expression. Possibly because the society itself and the older generation value art so little, perhaps the younger generation went to the other side of the spectrum. Everybody wants to try breaking that mould, perhaps.
>>
>>54941474
they used to get them alot :DDDD
n September 1429, an army of about 18,000 Hafsid Saracens led by Kaid Ridavan arrived in Malta from Tunisia. They wanted to capture the islands as a post for further conquests. The Hafsids first attacked the capital city of Mdina. After three days of fierce fighting, they left the city, looting the other towns on the way. At one point, the Augustinian monastery in Rabat was captured and destroyed by the invaders.[4]

Throughout the siege, 3,000 Maltese inhabitants were captured by the Hafsids and were taken as prisoners, while many others were killed. The rulers of Sicily subsequently encouraged immigration to Malta to replace the diminished population.[1] The siege devastated Malta, and its effects were felt for a number of years afterwards.[5]
>>
>>54941703
there is a place in paceville. They fill it with minced meat and call it meat cake which 1000 times better than cheese or pea
>>
>>54941792
It's a great thing mate. Everyone everywhere should be like that. This is one of the things i really like about the maltese.
>>
>>54941882
Really? Honestly I find them quite nice, all that experimentation. I tried some chicken ones which were pretty ok. There's also this really nice lady who makes tons of healthy variants with a load of different fillings. Everything from gbejniet to chocolate for valentines. Pastizzi Gourmet I think (and despite the name they're not much more expensive than regular ones, if there's any difference at all)

>>54941970
Completely agree. Even if you may not enjoy a lot of it and it DOES create the detestable artiste "I'm the next hitchcock/brad pitt/kurt cobain" shitheads, I can identify strongly with that desire to find a place for yourself and realize your potential.
>>
do Maltese girls like the British cock?
>>
How often do you go to Church?
>>
Have been to Malta before. Lovely island!
>>
>>54943311
I am not religious, so pretty much never. But sometimes if my mother wants me to attend like a Christmas Eve service, I do so out of respect. I'm comfy enough with myself and beliefs in general that I'm respectful and don't mind much. Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I can be a dick about it. Plus, my mother still cares and it makes her happy. What's an hour or two of my time compared to that?

>>54943283
I don't know if there's a particular focus but good-looking foreigners in general find success in the pussy game here I'd say.
>>
>>54943510
how religious is the average Maltese person, especially young people?
>>
>>54943500
Glad to hear, come back anytime!

>>54943662
That's a very good question. See, there's tons of genuinely religious folk but there's also a massive chunk of people into the whole village feast thing. Lots of worship of statues and following what the local parish priest says, a throwback to the past when the parish priest was the facto leader of a community and they had political and legal power that could often be bribed.

As a result you will tons of people in band clubs and the like who have been raised to do all this shit and revere your saints but at the same time there's no real worship behind it, just "It's what I have been taught". Easy to notice when you see people dissing other villages' saints, even if it's the same fucking saint! Different band clubs have heated rivalries that sometimes comes to blows and too much focus on getting shitfaced and using it all as an excuse to party.

It all feels very hollow and dishonest, but you still find a lot of genuinely religious and kindhearted people. As for younglings, I can't say most are very religious at all from my experience.
>>
Im part maltese and can understand the language, its similar to arabic.
>>
>>54928099
>1953+9*7
>Malta is still not Tunisian

What is it like being a Tunisian in denial ?
>>
>>54945237
Feels strange because we're not Tunisian actually? State your proofs.
>>
>>54945532
I guess it doesn't work without the Tunisian flag.

What do you say when your friend gets a new haircut ?
>>
>>54945689
Uh.. no idea. You say you like their new hair I guess? I don't understand these questions, it's not like we're martians who do some kind of ritual dance and complex series of handgestures to order toast from a kiosk or whatevs.
>>
File: re.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>54946042
You don't say sahha ?

>tfw Maltese people don't care about their friends
>tfw if I befriend a Maltese, he'll be a total jerk to me

You should get liberated ASAP
>>
>>54946418
Sahha means Strength, an old-timey way to say goodbye. It has nothing to do with haircuts or compliments in general.

I'm trying to be nice but if you insist on being a sour person and assume such falsehoods about my people I'm afraid I'm going to have to respectfully request you leave the premises (but I will still call you a paid-for taxi and find you lodgings in a luxurious hotel because that's just how we fucking do things here damnit!)
>>
How did Malta come into existence?
It's always seemed weird to me that so many micronations and small island nations exist. Seems easier to have a larger nations rule.
>>
>>54946671
>I'm trying to be nice but if you insist on being a sour person and assume such falsehoods about my people I'm afraid I'm going to have to respectfully request you leave the premises

It's just meme-ing, calm down dude

>Sahha means Strength, an old-timey way to say goodbye

In arabic it means health, Tunisians say "sahha" as a nice word, like "greetings".

Btw, why is water so pricy in Malta ?
>>
>>54946992
Yeah, it should be the christian island of Tunisia, we already have a jew island.
>>
>>54943872
Are you guys really mean? I mean, I've always heard my grandparents and older people in general calling degenerate people or robbers or drug addicts maltês/malteses, it looks like it's a common thing here
>>
File: 1445169526431.jpg (170KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
1445169526431.jpg
170KB, 433x419px
>country named after a non-alcoholic beverage

NO FUCKING WAY
>>
File: th.jpg (8KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8KB, 270x270px
>>54947139
Well there's a spurdo country!

>>54947100
No sir, we're well known for our tourism and hospitality so I dunno what your old-timers mean by that!

>>54947040
Fair enough, as I said before Maltese is pretty much an arabic dialect as a base. I wasn't aware water was pricey? Most places it's like 60 euro cents for half a liter bottle. I buy big 2L sixpacks for like 2 euros each from the supermarket.
>>
>>54947388
>2€ for a 2L bottle
That's too much dude, here it's around 1€ (and 0.70 € in Tunisia)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnOLsCGV8XQ
Did you watch this ? I wonder what Lotfi is like when he's not a tryhard
>>
>>54947388
I really am puzzled by that, until I was like 11 I didn't realize maltese was a nationality, I just thought it was a name for bad people
We do have the word "maltesaria", which means a group of people with dubious look, lel. That, and this
http://www.mamalisa.com/?t=es&p=1140
I honestly thought that the cat being maltese was only intended to depict him as evil
>>
>>54947886
It's 2 euros for a SIXPACK of them, so it works out to about 33 cents recurring per bottle.

Also eh, no. Simshar gets a lot of masturbatory comments due to muh patriotism but nobody mentions the supposed development hell and the incompetence of its director along with a lot of minor hiccups that gnawed at its quality. Like how village-dwelling maltesers dressed like they were from the boonies because the director is a posh bitch and thinks all southerners are rustic barbarians.
>>
>>54947388
>60 euro cents for half a liter bottle
>33 cents per 2L bottle

Weird desu

>Simshar gets a lot of masturbatory comments due to muh patriotism but nobody mentions the supposed development hell and the incompetence of its director along with a lot of minor hiccups that gnawed at its quality

A maltese film doesn't happen every week, muh patriotism is justified, is it that bad ? Aren't you a little pessimistic ?
>>
>>54948180
That's a cute song, friend. I am as befuddled as you, I had no idea. As far as I know we never had any big mean dealing with the portugese. May be it doesn't actually refer to the country or the people though.
>>
>>54948445
No, you're right, I tend to be a bit harsh with my judgements. I don't mean to be a buzzkill or a cunt, it's just that locals tend to put in too much stock in their nationality and too little into skill and competence. Simshar, whether good or bad from a technical and storyline angle, is praised purely because "It's local".

If something is good, I will sing its praises but I don't put any stock in shilling because of a flag. An admirable effort and not unwelcome due the size of our film industry but that's no excuse to have an "anything goes" mentality. We should put more stock into quality so we can develop a GOOD industry, not a Bollywood-tier heap.
>>
>>54948633
>it's just that locals tend to put in too much stock in their nationality and too little into skill and competence

I know that feel, Tunisian movies are always too focused on bastardizing local culture and politics rather than telling a story, when they're not some weird experimental fetishist fantasy. However most Tunisians are very critical about their movies, patriotism has a limit i guess.

>An admirable effort and not unwelcome due the size of our film industry but that's no excuse to have an "anything goes" mentality. We should put more stock into quality so we can develop a GOOD industry, not a Bollywood-tier heap.

I don't think there will ever be a Maltese movie industry, even french cinema is barely surviving these days, and Hollywood won't stop.
>>
>>54949118
I honestly don't think so neither. It's too slow, too unfocused and lacking any real support. You can't expect an industry to survive when you have such piss-poor management of funding (and cunts like Mario Phillip Azzopardi, who has ties to the government, draining funds for his stupid productions), little support for ARTISTS (plenty for crew so they work on foreign shit, but actors? Nah that's just a hobby lel) and no real incentive to even stay in the fucking island to begin with!
>>
File: ATK_5309.jpg (454KB, 1145x720px) Image search: [Google]
ATK_5309.jpg
454KB, 1145x720px
Visited last year. Gozo is super comfy.
>>
>>54950003
That it is. Where else did you visit?
>>
File: ATK_5693.jpg (426KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
ATK_5693.jpg
426KB, 1087x720px
>>54950158

I just rented a car at the airport and drove around both islands, with one day walking around Valletta. Only had four days, so I didn't get to see everything, but I'll be back. Also took a quick visit to Comino.

Traffic wasn't that bad. Some lunatics, but nowhere near as bad as Greece, Bulgaria and Albania.
>>
>>54950221
Haha good to hear. That's very efficient of you! Would you believe I've never been to Comino myself? Me and friends keep meaning to visit for a nice beach day at the Blue Lagoon but we never manage it. I'll try bringing it up once again this year but with everybody having regular work and girlfriends it's so hard to doing anything.
>>
File: ATK_5726.jpg (522KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
ATK_5726.jpg
522KB, 1087x720px
>>54950541

Damn, that's actually kinda impressive. I would try to visit out of the tourist seasons. Even in mid-May the Blue Lagoon was crowded as fuck. Lots of eye candy, though. I just said fuck the beach, and walked up to this tower instead. The terrain is kinda different from the other islands. More desert like.
>>
>>54950639
I'll take your advice to heart! I do want to hike around the place too, friend wanted to camp there and survey the surroundings (archeologist). I'll try coaxing them again.
>>
Im haply to hear that malta is really racially diverse what is the race you have seen the least? In guessing asain.
>>
>>54950833
10/10 grammar im on an android phone sorry
>>
>>54950864
>>54950833
S'alright bro. I have to say most asians I've ever seen were old japanese tourist couples, yeah. Although I've probably NEVER seen any South Americans at all and only a handful of Muricans.

Which is a shame because I really wanna tap some firey Brazilian Bundas.
>>
>>54950957
We have some good top teir puerto rican ass if you know what i mean m8 seriously though I would love to be a toursit in malta seems like an amazing place to visit
>>
>>54951033
Haha I bet! Seriously though, you should come here. What the fuck's stopping you? Take a load off for a week or two and come chill. Around march/April is when the weather gets a bit warmer (still sunny right now in winter but it's fairly chilly and windy). Spring is wonderful here.
>>
File: Marsaxlokk, Malta.jpg (776KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Marsaxlokk, Malta.jpg
776KB, 1600x900px
Just popping by to say I love you guys. The mix of British, Catholic, Mediterranean and Arab influence makes you the coolest mish mash in all of Europe.

I will definitely visit you guys one day.
>>
>>54951174
My heart goes out to you, friend. Thank you for your comments and I hope you pop by. I'd love to visit New Zealand one day, it's pretty damn high on my list. I just can't make such long journeys at this point in my life.
>>
>>54951174
I know what you mean man, air travel can suck. If you ever do make it down this part of the world, have a stop over in Hong Kong or South East Asia for a day or two to break the journey. I did the 26 hours straight from London once and it was hellish.
>>
File: Entrance To Kalkara, Malta.jpg (90KB, 640x417px) Image search: [Google]
Entrance To Kalkara, Malta.jpg
90KB, 640x417px
>>54951270
wew sorry, meant to reply to (YOU)
>>
>>54951223
WTF. HOW AM I EVEN SCREWING THIS UP???
>>
>>54951270
My god, yes that is terrifying. I get antsy as fuck going to England and that's 3 hours! I actually don't know if I rather stop over or not. On one hand, a break is nice but on the other, I might just want to get it over with. I'm not one to prolong such torture cause I know I have to face it. Might as well do it in one chunk and then recover.

If ship travel was affordable and fast, I'd go by sail every damn time.
>>
File: ATK_5399.jpg (410KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
ATK_5399.jpg
410KB, 1087x720px
So I heard this thing might collapse in five years or so. That's a shame.
>>
>>54951400
Yup. That's Dwejra, where they filmed Daenerys' wedding and subsequent... Struggle Snuggle with Khal Drogo. There's another window in another part of gozo but I forgot the name. Dwejra just gets the most fame because it's jutting out and is very picturesque, while the other is smaller and hidden in a valley so it's not even that easy to see.
>>
File: ATK_5550.jpg (441KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
ATK_5550.jpg
441KB, 1087x720px
>>54951442

You mean this one? It's on the north side of the island. The guy at my hotel in Gozo tipped me about it, but it was kinda hard to get a good view unless you're in a boat.
>>
>>54951555
Haha yes that's the one! It's much flatter with way less character, but I like the area. Getting there through the Salt pans area is great. That place is amazing for stargazing on a moonless night with no clouds, seriously. you can see fucking forever!

Man it's 5:20am and I'm barely sleepy and I'm having too much fun here. Guess I might just not sleep.
>>
File: ATK_5236.jpg (424KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
ATK_5236.jpg
424KB, 1087x720px
>>54951604

Loved the salt pans. This was pretty close to my hotel.
>>
>>54951728
Ayyy, was your hotel near a monastery with a buncha old nuns? There's a rentable flat opposite that place that me and my friend hire sometimes for small breaks. I'd post pics but I'm on a new laptop that still needs reformatting from the preinstalled shit, otherwise I'd show you exactly where. But basically that big rock nipple is right next to a makeshift car park. On one side is a long road leading to the salt pans. In the corner of that road is a monastery with nuns that face another road going to a small fortification. The flat is right at the start of that road, on the T junction.
>>
File: ATK_5605.jpg (238KB, 720x1087px) Image search: [Google]
ATK_5605.jpg
238KB, 720x1087px
>>54951826

This was my hotel. I guess it's more like a motel. There was some small fortification at the end of the road, like 100 meters away.
>>
>>54951990
AYYYYYY that's the fucking place, man! Which one? Me and my bros did a nice long week break in the 3rd floor (Ground is 1st, just to clear that up) in 2009 and we stayed at the penthouse apartment last march for the Nadur Carnival.

We have tread upon the same ground, Norgebro.
>>
File: ATK_5601.jpg (247KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
ATK_5601.jpg
247KB, 1087x720px
>>54952125

Yes indeed. I was in the third floor, left side. A good cheap place to sleep.
>>
>>54952215
Man I loved the apartments that weren't the penthouse (too much useless roof space in the winter, not enough room indoors). So big and roomy and that's with 5 dudes but we DID have the entire one to ourselves. So comfy, I remember laying in bed in the evening watching the sunset through my mosquito screen go down to the sea and reading a book, a soft cool breeze coming in. Was heaven, barely felt hot at all in there, like it wasn't a 40 degree hellscape outside.
>>
>>54952322

Sounds good. I made sure to visit in May before it got too hot. 40 degrees is way more than I can handle.
>>
>>54952518
Yeah, Spring is the best for outdoorsy activities. I MUST do something this year, I swear I lose too much time staying indoors focusing on my other shit and not enough getting some sun. At least I'm going geocaching involving a bit of rock climbing next week. Fun stuff that.
>>
>>54952693

Alright, I'm outta here, so have a good day, Maltabro!
>>
>>54952960
Me too man. Was a pleasure!

Will bump thread if its still around when I wake up. Sahha, friends! See you at the next one.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.