[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the best news site? i asked earlier for one that was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

File: emmy-rossum-esquire.jpg (74KB, 1200x1333px) Image search: [Google]
emmy-rossum-esquire.jpg
74KB, 1200x1333px
what is the best news site? i asked earlier for one that was unbiased,unopinionated and free of private interest, and was told thats not a thing. so are there any that are at least better than the rest or am i supposed to just keep reading 20 articles for each news story? because thats retarded. is there an aggregator or something that will just give me headlines with links to various articles? are rss feeds still a thing?
>>
>>54889407
All news sites are biased. I like Reuters and The Wall Street Journal
>>
>>54889407
all the news that i care about i read them at /int/
notice how i didn't say /pol/ or /news/. everything filters at /int/ anyways, we really are blue /b/ with flags
>>
>>54889785
its not a bad place to get news but its also being interpreted by a bunch of retards most of the time.
>>
>>54889858
funnier than the huffingtonpost at least
>>
>>54889883
i suppose thats true.
>>
>>54889407
Just visit RT and FOX news. With both extreme sides covered you have a perfect view over everything.
>>
>>54889883
Huffington Post is a mid-brow tabloid tier rubbish
t. Liberal
>>
File: image.jpg (959KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
959KB, 2272x1704px
>>54889927
>government propaganda of a socially conservative authoritarian country
>fringe right-wing TV station that doesn't even pretend to be news
>>
File: Emmy-Rossum-bikini.jpg (322KB, 1800x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Emmy-Rossum-bikini.jpg
322KB, 1800x1140px
>>54889407
any more suggestions?
>>
>>54889407
The most neutral one imho is Reuters.

>Bloomberg
They release articles as ads and have an inconvenient sense of optimism.

>NYT
Very liberal and full of irrelevant topics.

>Guardian, HuffPost, DailyMail, Spiegel, Clarin, The Sun, Metro
Literally TMZ.

>CNBC
Not really a source of content, you might benefit from it only if you're in finance from the headlines.

>RT
Slightly anti-western but I like it.
>inb4 Russiaboo

>BBC, CNN, Zeit, La Nacion, Washington Post
Fine but not anything great.

>Slate
Chavism in the form of news.

>Fox News
Fallacy and ignorance every in-between breaks. It's an entertainment channel at most.

>FT
Don't know, it's paid.

>WSJ
Very nice informed and well written articles but fuck them for jewing the best articles out.

>The Economist
I don't have a formed opinion on this but their articles are very lacking of knowledge. It's a bunch of data that I don't care about. It might be the lack of bias that makes it boring, I don't know.

>Breitbart, Zerohedge
It looks like it's written by teenagers.
>>
>>54889407
Top 3 least biased international News Sites ranked from least to most:
1 - Reuters
2 - Al Jazeera
3 - BBC
>>
>>54890171
>RT is propaganda
*tips*
>>
>>54890596
It literally is.
>>
>>54889534
this

just pick a few varied ones you like the look of and use them

the key is to not let yourself be limited to just one source, the more (legit) sources you have, the clearer the view.
>>
fdesouche, Drudge Report
>>
File: 1404789636271.jpg (124KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1404789636271.jpg
124KB, 640x640px
i love emmy rossum especially her feet. good taste op.
>>
BBC

it may not be as unbiased as Reuters, but at least it's fun and has the "features" section. Just ignore news about Britain

plus their app has off-line cache so you can read in subway
>>
>>54890596
It's paid straight from the budget of Russian government

They're not editorially independent

>inb4 BBC
BBC is paid from the TV licence. government doesn't decide how much they'll get and for what it should be used. Editorial board isn't nominated by politicians or people subservient to them
>>
>>54889407
News sites are biased to advertisers giving them shekels, that is all you need to know
>>
>>54890596
Please post middle class russian suburbs faggot
>>
>>54890563
>cnn on the same tier as bbc
delet this
CNN is almost as shitty as Fox.
>>
>>54890928
That's why it's good to have public media
I like your PBS and NPR
>>
>>54890640
>>54890817
Honestly I don't find it opinionated at all.

It is biased in the sense there are more news about Russia, but it seems honest reporting with little place for opinions or speculation.
>>
>>54891156
They're definitely biased

You don't see it because you don't want to
>>
>>54891156
Well then you're a retard.
>>
>>54891226
Examples?
>>
>>54891156
Literally how do you not see it, they blame the states for most issues and very rarely if at all give Russia due fault for its policies
>>
>>54891156
Here, ill start posting for you
>>
>>54891226
The BBC is literally unbiased by law, every opinion has to have a counter opinion
>>
>>54891256
Rude.

>>54891346
>implying there exist only 2 opinions on things
>>
>>54891346
I'm talking about RT (Russia Today)
>>
>>54891086
PBS is good but NPR has a serious progressive bias that has been getting worse with time. I listen to it every morning on my way to school and it seems like they're making a concerted effort to talk constantly about Islamophobia or Black Lives Matter or the terror of Trump. Their main audience is already mostly liberal so they won't care if the news starts pandering to them, but I do. I listen to the news to hear the news, not to have some Muslima whine about prejudice for five minutes straight. Their "bantering" hosts drive me nuts too.
>>
>>54891346
>every opinion has to have a counter opinion
That doesn't mean anything
All you have to do is find a well-spoken debater on one side and an inbred retard for the counter-point and then you wind up with a perfectly balanced argument according to the law.
>>
>>54891346
So their coverage of the migrant crisis has been illegal?
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
>>54891346
Have you seen their documentaries about China ?

First 5 minutes are rhetorical questions about the good China potentially does, the other 40 are not so rhetorical statements about China being awful, oppressing the poor africans, stealing their jobs and hamfisted demonstrations of Chinese "Fraud" like that Chicken bullshit in Zambia or the bikinis in Brazil
>>
>Reuters
Is this really a good news site or just a meme?
>>
>>54891548
It's pretty good.
>>
>>54891548
define "good"
it's better than the rest but doesn't mean it's that great
>>
Reuters and AP aren't perfect. I've found loaded headlines and slanted interpretations before, but they're still pretty reasonable.
>>
>>54891402
Sorry I realised that as soon as I posted, my BBCIDF reactions got the better of me

>>54891393
So what, you want 3 opinions? 4? The good thing about the BBC is that you know that material facts aren't ignored because that would show bias, it's not there to give you an opinion

>>54891467
That doesn't happen
>>
File: emmy rossum 04.jpg (599KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
emmy rossum 04.jpg
599KB, 1600x1200px
>>54891517
this is a big concern of mine. there are some things that society has almost universally decided are true. chinas bad, immigration is good, black people are oppressed, etc. you never find documentaries or news stories to the contrary that aren't written/created by retards or shills. some would say this is just because the opposing side is retarded but thats too simplistic an argument.
>>
>>54891459
I fucking hate the news sites obsessed with islamaphobia, and this is coming from someone with a Muslim background. I laugh whenever I hear some bitch whine that she's oppressed because people don't like her burqa or hijab or find it weird in a country filled with Christians
>>
>>54891503
You're deluded if you think that it's biased. Nowhere will you ever see the BBC encouraging either accepting or turning away migrants, or supporting or attacking the policies of other countries regarding it

>>54891517
There's been loads of programmes about China recently, all about different things. I assume that that documentary was specifically about those issues in China, not "is China good"
>>
>>54891637
What I fucking love is that the journalist, to illustrate the unwiligness of public disclosure of a Chinese factory with ties to the government in Africa basically made an appointment with the head of the company, then came hours early and started harassing the poor woman that asked him to let her call the boss about it because he was away, and he yelled
>WHAT ARE YOU HIDING
at her aggressively for like 30 minutes while she was trying to tell him she is going to call the boss.

Then he just left and the conclusion was that Chinese factories are awful.
>>
>>54891774
>There's been loads of programmes about China recently, all about different things.

And I watched like 3/4 of them (2010-2015) for a journalism assignment and they were all the same journalism school tier biased crap.
>>
>>54891832
lol i hate that michael moore level bullshit. the documentarian acts like a prick and when people act like a prick back he claims they're evil and cuts it. theres a vice documentary with two guys on a train. one is a jew and a kid about 14 comes over drunk trying to start a conversation. vice cut it to look like the kid was being threatening towards jews, the bigger american guy even got confrontational and looked like he was ready to fight the kid. but in reality he was just a drunk JEWISH kid trying to make friends on a train after getting out of school for the year. i never would have looked at it that way if a russian wasn't in the thread to point this out. they just needed a more interesting story than "obnoxious typical drunk child"(which isn't a bad story itself)
>>
>>54892014
>obnoxious typical drunk child
>typical
ayy
>>
>>54892085
exactly lol thats not a terrible story in and of itself. they could have just as easily cut it to be funny or sad but they had to go scary and anti-Semitic.
>>
>>54891936
You sure convinced me with those hot opinions. I'm not trying to say that everything on the BBC is top quality, far from it. What I am saying is that out of every large news outlet, it's by far the most impartial.

I also don't think documentaries have to abide by the same impartiality rules. You don't hear Attenborough saying "global warming might also be a myth" on nature docs
>>
>>54892128
>drunk child
>typical
>>
>>54892185
in russia it is typical they're allowed to drink there.
>>
>>54892180
>You don't hear Attenborough saying "global warming might also

because he's shilling for an agenda
>>
>>54890746
footfags should be gassed
>>
>>54889407
what is the best news site? i asked earlier for one that was unbiased,unopinionated and free of private interest

All of them are biased, it's just unavoidable.

It's best to mentally account for the bias.

You don't need to read 20 articles. 2-3 is enough if you are trying to get a fairly informed view of a subject.

Get the left's point of view, right's point of view and some 'moderate' or something. They'll argue their points and its really up to you to see which point makes the most sense.
>>
File: emmy-rossum-5.jpg (215KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
emmy-rossum-5.jpg
215KB, 1600x1000px
>>54890746
she IS pretty great.
>>
>>54892260
>climate change
>agenda
>>
>>54892375
rude. why are tits guys so rude? my comment was innocent.
>>
File: Tulips.jpg (606KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tulips.jpg
606KB, 1024x768px
>>54892487
manmade climate change is
>>
>>54890563
>>RT
>Slightly anti-western but I like it.

Lmao. They are extremely anti-western.

Yeah sure they'll bring out the criticism towards the west when it's due... but also when it's not due. When RT's primary goal is to criticize the West, of course they will have their times when they're reporting on something the western media is not. But the issue is that their business is to be critical of anything that goes against the interests of Russia.

And you'll never see an article by them that is critical of Russia.

>>The Economist
>I don't have a formed opinion on this but their articles are very lacking of knowledge. It's a bunch of data that I don't care about. It might be the lack of bias that makes it boring, I don't know.

Eh, they do showcase bias. But their bias might be all over the place, but they're still over more pro-west. They're ok because they do cover interesting stuff other outlets don't.

>>Breitbart, Zerohedge
>It looks like it's written by teenagers.

Kek so true.
>>
>>54892551
Discussing anything with people like you is pointless

Bye
>>
>>54891050
>CNN is almost as shitty as Fox.

That is an overstatement.

CNN, being a large news outlet owned by a large corporation does a solid job of trying to not be biased.

They are FAR better than Fox and MSNBC.

I'm afraid you got into the hype of "CNN is biased" because every smaller organization blames them of bias because "they're le large corporation and they said something against my interests"

Seriously, one day watch CNN, one day watch Fox and one day watch MSNBC. You'll see how solid CNN is for a cable news channel.

CNN is doing a pretty good job because they get attacked by conservatives, liberals and pretty much everyone.

Yes they have bias, they won't be too vocal against corporate interests but they're the best of the large cable news channels.
>>
File: Jellyfish.jpg (758KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jellyfish.jpg
758KB, 1024x768px
>>54892638
typical sandblasted leftist refusing discussion and putting it on the other party
>>
>>54892765
I'm not gonna waste time and effort

Conspiracy theories are like religious conviction. Rationality doesn't come into play here
>>
>>54892514
just banter lad lmao
>>
>>54892877
what conspiracy theory ? I love how labelling anything as that allows to completely ignore facts, it is the new racist by the neo-commies.
>>
>>54892403
The center-right's point of view will usually be argued very well.

The 4chan-right's point of view will usually be written in crayon.
>>
>>54893033
This shouldn't be about politics at all

You can't claim climatology isn't a science just because it's in a conflict with your ideology
>>
>>54893132
there is no ideology in the fact that we are within normal recorded natural climate variations, that man activity has nothing to do with it and that carbon actually freshens atmosphere and increases crop yields.
>>
>>54893242
You know what? Maybe humanity really deserves to be wiped out if we are this deluded

Bonne nuit
>>
>>54893396
Wiped out by another Little Ice-Age which is bound to happen?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.