[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could I pass as a local in your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Could I pass as a local in your country?
>>
>>54814864
thankfully no
>>
>>54814873
Yeah the bulge in my pants would let everybody know that I'm definitely not from shrimp-dicked Bulgaria.
>>
You could pass as a local prisoner
>>
>>54814864
Hell no
>>
>>54814864
you could pass as a local in toronto
>>
>>54814864
I asked a black lad behind a bar where he was from just to make conversation and he said "here" in Ireland. So I said "Oh okay, I mean where are your parents from then" and he says "here" again.

So I just say "Yeah but you have a thick African accent" and that was the end of the conversation. Why did he do that?
>>
>>54815025
Because he was drunk?
>>
>>54815039
He was working. Why did he feel the need to pretend he is from Ireland. It was really strange.

An asian from Hong Kong pulled the same routine one night and again had a thick Hong Kong accent. Is it an insecurity thing?
>>
>>54815025
Your prodding might have caused a negative response. Perhaps he took offense to your curiosity, and simply did not want to entertain you with any information about him.
>>
>>54815100
You want them to integrate or not?

Either you hold them to an outside identity and accept their culture or you allow them to adapt to Irish societal values, which if they "lie" and say they're originally from Ireland, it just means they want to be part of society rather than seen as a foreigner.

Pestering someone and perpetuating them as an outsider who cannot be an Irish citizen is no way to have people want to participate in Irish culture.
>>
>>54815025
He's probably sick of being asked that same question by everyone when he was born in Ireland and doesn't know anywhere else as home. Personally I'd never bring my kids up as a minority, it'd fuck them in the head a bit and they'd probably develop a victim complex. But I guess for a lot of actual refugees (not just economic migrants) they had no choice.
>>
>>54815100
You were out of line in both occasions. Why would you deliberately make another person feel alienated? Shame on you.
>>
>>54815180
He was black. He clearly wasnt Irish. I was just making conversation with him. He shouldnt feel ashamed about where he is from.

Like how I wouldnt take offense if I was in Japan or the US and I was asked where I am from due to looking different.
>>
>>54815245
Black people aren't looked at the same by other races the same as whites.

He's probably been harassed before and just didn't want any trouble.
>>
>>54815275
He was suggesting craft beers to me and we were being quite friendly so I was making small talk. This kind of defensiveness comes across as hostile.
>>
>>54815293
Ever consider your question about where he's really from comes off as hostile?
>>
>>54815309
It has been suggested that he is very sensitive due to the colour of his skin so I must forgive any awkwardness on his part but I don't agree with that.
>>
>>54815309
For example lets try some role reversal. Pretend I am in Africa and speaking some French with clearly a non African accent and I am pasty white and I start claiming I am African.

You could understand locals thinking it was strange behavior and accommodating it a little but then ending the conversation.
>>
>>54815332
Just imagine a life time of those questions, being constantly made to feel like an outsider in the country you were born in (that you obviously have no control over). You can only politely respond so many times before it just rubs you the wrong way one day. One of my mates is of African descent and he constantly gets asked by most people he meets, he's pretty much always polite about it but sometimes you can see he just can't be bothered.
>>
>>54815392
He is an outsider though. He came here from outside. I was being friendly. Do I owe him more than that?
>>
>>54815332
>>54815373

Some people are just uptight about where they're originally from.

You have to think about it this way, he most likely came to Ireland because his country is a shithole.

You ask "where are you really from?"

He Probably believes you will think less of him because there is obviously a stereotypical and very negative connotation of African men.

So he just wants to drop the subject and says he's from Ireland, hoping you'll get the hint to lay off.

Maybe he just wants to speak about beer rather than his shithole country he escaped from to work at a bar.
>>
>>54815468
it's because he is a nigger and subconsciously knows he is subhuman
>>
>>54815501
Then there is this asshole.
>>54815468
What I am really getting at is that talking to minorities can be a minefield and they can be very hostile but I do not accept the role of the bigger person just because I am white. I take offense too.
>>
>>54815551
>asshole
cringed
>>
>>54815577
>British flag
Right back at you.
>>
>>54815591
>Irish flag
lmaoing @ ur lyfe
>>
>>54815551
People can be proud to say they're from Ireland or have Irish heritage. People come to your country because theirs is shit. People always complain about how immigrants don't integrate yet when this African man just wants to be part of Ireland, you can't understand why.

Would you be proud to tell people you're from Liberia or Lesotho?
>>
>>54815501
there's a containment board for people like you
>>
>>54815638
aww diddums, you can always go cry if I hurt your feelings
>>
>>54815617
I dont know anything about those places t b h and Ireland had its share of problems in the not too distant past. Anyone telling me they are from a place that sucks would find me being very sympathetic.
>>
>>54814864
only in moscow
>>
>>54815652
Did you get up extra early to shit post or are you just getting home?
>>
>>54815245

You're a fag. You're clear not straight. I was just posting on /int/. You shouldn't feel ashamed that I don't want you here.
>>
if you'll make you skin white yes
>>
>>54815166
But if he was born in Ireland, why does he have a thick African accent?
>>
>>54815638
Wew. Everyone is being so... unusually nice. What happened to /int/?
>>
>>54815275
he probably harassed whites desu
never be roommates with an African
they are trash
just wait when he hits you over the head with metal pipe
>>
>>54816929
probably females or sympathetic blacks
ignore their bullshit

I also strike up conversation with total strangers especially when I notice that they are foreign
it's my croatian touristic duty as tourism is important for our economy
if some foreigner or immigrannt keeps ignoring my questions that will influence my opinion on him

that might make me cold to them and stop talking to them and actually alienating them, and stop their integration
>>
>>54815392
But "you" are an outsider, what's wrong with that? Why would you expect millions of native europeans to pretend you're just like them when you're obviously are not?
An African parent in Ireland has to take in account he's condemning his offspring to be an anomaly.
>>
>>54818896
Yes it's fucking obvious don't be an autist and point to it/allude to it at every moment like you would some guy with a missing an arm, a dwarf or a gay guy.
>>
I guess you guys know the answer already.
>>
It's probably to avoid being associated with the stereotypes of that country.

I had some white guy ask me how I could have an afro and then acted like the idea of an African Australian was new to him when I told him I was half black. He asked me which country I was from (despite me being born in Aus) and the first thing he said to me when I told him where my dad was from was 'that country has a bad reputation man'.

White people are retards when it comes to race & social etiquette and minorities are more wary of your dumb shit than you will ever realise.
>>
>>54819178
>westerners with their feeeeeeelings and political correctness
we are supposed to believe that in country with about 100 blacks, mostly athletes and few foreign students, some black guy is a pure croatian farmer
100% croat, just ignore his lack of knowledge of croatian language, his appearance

it's called being curious and friendly in croatia, here it's normal to tell your life story on a bus stop to some random stranger
we go at lengths to help foreigners visiting and like to brag about our knowledge of geography

> missing an arm
if I was already speaking to him for 5 minutes I would ask him what happened with arm
but people with no arms are still croatian and I would have less things to ask him as we both know what's up in croatia

> a dwarf
no point of asking, he has bad genes
still there are dwarf croats too (I saw one once... I think) and he would too know what's up

> gay guy.
if he is flaming I would just ask him
but he is still a croat so not much for inquiry except bunch of gay - related questions like farting during sex and why they like that leather hats

in Croatia - we communicate
>>
>>54819579
Would you rather have him ignore you and give you angry scared stares on the street?
He came to you with an open heart, ready to learn and you get all bitchy because your insecurities

next time he should just ignore you and when you ask him questions like "where is the post office" he should just start walking faster or roll up his car windows and run away
like in the usa

canadians considered croats as genocidal maniacs but we integrated in canada perfectly because we talk with people and don't start shit
>>
>>54819579
>>54819759
This you piece of shit
>>
>>54819759
No you guys always fight with Serbs and create gangs
>>
>>54819579
where you from lad
>>
>>54819877
> fight with Serbs
well, serbs are trash
they hate us we hate them, all over the planet
>create gangs
wat
>>
>>54819937
Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, Albanian, etc

All have gangs in Canada
>>
>>54819877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVjRWXebqkc
>>
File: not_really.png (30KB, 713x845px) Image search: [Google]
not_really.png
30KB, 713x845px
>>54819958
Tell me of their complexion? Do they look like central Europeans? or long faces, darker complexion?
I will wager that "croatian gang" is in fact some Albanians trying to be Janjevci or just pure gypsies that bought Croatian passport on black market (keeps happening)

Because Croats do not form gangs, at least not in the last 30-40 years
that would be Serbs (even in Croatia when they killed Pukanić with car bomb - owner of newspapers that was investigating cigarette smuggling)
>>
>>54814864
yes
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.