[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excluding ally support from the equation, who would win in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: Australia_Canada_Locator.png (57KB, 1432x742px) Image search: [Google]
Australia_Canada_Locator.png
57KB, 1432x742px
Excluding ally support from the equation, who would win in a war between Canada and Australia?
>>
Whichever one is on the defensive
>>
>>54810187
they cant project so no one
>>
I think both of them would have called a truce after realising how horrible each other's climates are.
>>
>>54810187
The world.
>>
Aren't we both pretty weak at the moment?

We're still waiting to build a new fleet of subs that will really only operate in the indian and pacific oceans, just started a tender for $100b to replace our surface fleet, still waiting on those fucking f35s

Canada has no navy, same position as we are with planes and they're shutting down military bases and converting them into refugee camps for the 50k unvetted refugees coming this year
>>
Nothing could get done because neither have a navy or air force capable of doing any lasting or significant damage.
>>
>>54810187
>who would win in a war between Canada and Australia?

Humanity xd
>>
We are both pretty equal militarily but we have more 35,000 more active troops, and a decent amount more tanks and artillery. But they have Attack helis and we don't.

In straight ground combat I think we have the slight edge, but it's so close bassically whoever is defending will win.
>>
america
>>
>>54813693
no, australian military is much better funded and up to date than Canadian military even though you have almost double our population and are right next to russia
either way both militaries are built to support other nations not lead an independent operation so we couldn't touch each other
>>
>>54813703
kek
>>
>>54813747
>australian military is much better funded and up to date than Canadian military

The difference is negligible. We have more shit which gives us the slight advantage if you put both sides up against each other on equal ground
>>
File: australia.canada.png (29KB, 680x756px) Image search: [Google]
australia.canada.png
29KB, 680x756px
>>54813838
no the difference is not negligible, even new zealand spends more relative to their GDP
>>
>>54813893
On equal ground, we'd btfo Canada in all likelihood.
>>
>>54813838
they have/are building more submarines.
we are in the process of dismantling our navy.

JUST
>>
>>54813998
both countries would just pull a "russia" and retreat into the cold/heat where the other country would freeze/melt
>>
>implying canada has a military
>>
>>54810187
Well Canada has a cuck for PM, so I'm going to say... us
>>
>>54813838
Depends if we ever get our fleet of new 35's and submarines. We are actually spending a shit load more lately in expanding the military and upgrading what we have.

All to stop the boats.
>>
I don't know man.

I'd say Australia. They have really good special forces but it's all Canada if they were dumb enough to invade. You fuckers couldn't tuck nuts long enough to weather below zero temperatures.
>>
>>54810187
Australia will win if they make a pact with their Emus and dropbears to fight with them.
>>
>>54814081
See
>>54814039
>>
>>54814081
>They have really good special forces

So do we though fAm. Anglo Special Forces are all GOAT
>>
>>54810210
>What is HMS Canberra
>>
>>54814157
Thats a nice boat
>>
>>54810187
Neither country would be capable of projecting force into the other's homeland, so it would be a stalemate.
>>
>>54810187
Canada can win going cold war style supporting emu rebels until they seize the power
>>
>>54814180
Literally this
>>
>>54814148

Yeah, for sure.

It's like, I get to be like a cat wathing two mice fight.

We are the ultimate special forces country.

It's why our presidents are so stupid that they rely on us, and drones. Yeah, we'll fuck some shit up but we're not perfect. We can't create political upheaval or prevent it.
>>
neither of us has the power projection capability to attack anyone America doesn't want us to, so whoever starts it loses
>>
>>54814168
It is, we've got two of them.
We've also got C130s/Hercules for Projection

>>54814170
Are you retarded?

We're also going to get a huge military improvement soon replacing old vehicles, force in total is around 2,000 but if it came to necessary means we'd have a amount of 4,000,000 people to draft.
>>
>>54814180
>>54814200
>implying we wouldn't be funding canada geese insurgencies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdhAFPWzFw
>>
>>54814168
For you
>>
>>54810187

DUDE WEED LMAO is a cuck, so Malcolm the cunt could literally just send over kangaroos and dingoes to fight.
>>
>>54814239
>We've also got C130s/Hercules for Projection

Yeah we got a few of ours over in Iraq right now hauling around everyone's shit
>>
>>54812740
>Canada has no navy

The RCN is roughly equal in terms of number of ships and their level of modernity as compared to the RAN. For instance: the Anzac class of frigates, of which Australia has 10, commissioned in '96, is incredibly similar to the Halifax class of frigates, commissioned in '92, of which Canada has 12.

With that said, if the Australian and Canadian navies fought—assuming no other component of either country's military was involved—Australia would be at a massive advantage (at last towards the start of the conflict), because half of Canada's navy is on the other side of Canada, in the Atlantic. Australia has the advantage of being an island, so ships docked in Western Australia can reach the east easily, and vice versa.
>>
>>54814295
But what if the Canadians struck a deal with the emus?
>>
The defensive one, to be honest. It's really hard to invade. Especially lands that are in the middle of the fucking ocean.
>>
>>54814386
Canda can win that war supporting a Emus until they seize the power and then turning the island into a protectorate
>>
>>54814308
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Royal_Australian_Air_Force_aircraft
Let's see this for comparison
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_Canada's_air_forces

>>54814379
Have you got actual frigates and LHDs?
Oh, you just answered my quesiton, silly.
>>
>>54814215
B8 harder next time m8
>>
>>54814452
>We have 61 Hercules.

Jesus christ that is more than I expected
>>
Whichever is fighting defensively. Neither could invade and conquer the other, they're both not really able to project much power outside their own borders.
>>
>>54814546
I'd honestly not be surprised, you're practically the USAF's right hand.
>>
>>54814295
You know Malcolm is leftist in all but name, right?

They'd both talk shit at each other while our soldiers said "fuck it", shot off a few mags into the air to make things sound serious and then killed beers instead of each other
>>
File: 96nNylH.jpg (95KB, 625x783px) Image search: [Google]
96nNylH.jpg
95KB, 625x783px
>>54814660
>>
>>54814660
Because a leftist definitely locks up borders.
He's a centrist, like all liberal party members.
Doesn't give a fuck about social politics, cares more about economics.
>>
Canada
>>
I hereby welcome our new emu overlords in Vancouver
>>
>>54814710
Great
>>
File: david says not bad.gif (465KB, 343x340px) Image search: [Google]
david says not bad.gif
465KB, 343x340px
This thread went better than I expected it to. Not as much of the "we" and "us" shit that usually gets thrown about in military threads.
>>
>>54814751
>emu overlords in Vancouver
wouldnt happen. chink oligarchs would hunt them to extinction for their "traditional" "medicine".
>>
File: i'm just saiyan.jpg (179KB, 484x700px) Image search: [Google]
i'm just saiyan.jpg
179KB, 484x700px
>Emus
>Roos
>Geese
>Moose
OP did say excluding ally support.
>>
>>54814821
>send cassowaries instead
>chinks removed
>canada eternally in our debt
>>
>>54814850
Are emus so autonomus that australia has to ask help to them in case of war?
>>
File: 1454975270145.png (113KB, 1036x733px) Image search: [Google]
1454975270145.png
113KB, 1036x733px
>all the chinks notice the anglos fighting and alert their overlords to prepare for conquest on both fronts
>Indonesian Muslim sleeper agents invade Australia
>China sets foot on Alaska
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 1885x947px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 1885x947px
>>54814710
Don't trust the sneaky Malcolm
>>
>>54814542

We;d fuck you up so bad that you'd wonder where you left your Koala.

Fag.
>>
>>54810187
Anyone who is not involved in the war
>>
>>54816558

Joom a pell ?

You have this outstandingly stupid language that forgets reality for formality.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.