[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ESL English

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 2015-EF-EPI-map.jpg (520KB, 1749x1539px) Image search: [Google]
2015-EF-EPI-map.jpg
520KB, 1749x1539px
2015 English Proficiency Index is out.

These are the countries that speak the best English as a second language.

Discuss
>>
>>53938539
>france
lol
>>
>>53938539
We speak better English than Frenches? No way.
>>
Is France trying to hide the fact they can secretly speak English?
>>
>>53938719
I'm French and I can confirm that we speak shit english.

Although when I was in japan I didn't meet a lot of people that spoke english.
>>
>>53938719
It's probably the whole weeaboo trend of going to Japan to teach ESL which has helped you.
>>
>>53938539
Looks accurate for us desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxA9ghHkOM
>>
>>53938539
We speak better english than the spanish and italians?
I call shenanigans
>>
>>53938539
>Portuganglos
>>
>>53938539
So both Argentines and Dominicans are excellent English-speakers. Why?
>>
>>53939021
We doesn't speacko the englisho
>>
>>53938539
>Mexico
>right next to the US
>English proficiency level on par with Russia
Shake my head, family
>>
>>53939170
When I visit north part of Mexico (Monterrey), lots of people can speak decent English though...
>>
>>53938539
>borat
>>
>>53939220
pretty much every border mexican is bilingual-ish
other than that they dont speak good english. even in america their english is shit
>>
>>53939064
I don't know about the Dominicans, but we have a large tradition of British-style bilingual schools, most private schools here were built by Anglo-Argentines in the 19th century and are run to this day by their descendants.

For example, I've learned English since I was 3 years old, I went to a bilingual Elementary School, then Middle and High School. All of it was bilingual, you were expected to speak English in the afternoons even among pupils.

At the end of it all you walk out of there with a Cambridge First Certificate degree and a IGCSE Degree (International General Certificate of Secondary Education)

The public school system also teaches English from a very young age, with the idea that every school kid can eventually be bilingual.
>>
>>53938665
>>53938719
>>53938861
>speak an language inferior
Forwhat ?
>>
>>53939683
im curious as to how a bilingual school works? are there certain times you speak spanish and others you speak english?
>>
I can't process how can someone not learn English?

Look at him, dude is like 50 and can't speak it.
>>53938966
>>
The Poles can speak English?
>>
>>53938539
>>53939830

I was wondering the same thing, in my experience most of them hardly speak English.
>>
>>53939789
Exactly.

In my school it was Spanish subjects in the mornings, lunch break and then English subjects in the afternoons. We had Biology, Maths, English Lit, Music and several other subjects entirely in English.

You were expected to speak English in the afternoons even among pupils (when chatting, borrowing an eraser, etc), though some teachers were more permissive than others.

It's ironic, but since some of the English teachers were very good, I have a better understanding of biology in English than I do in Spanish, for example.
>>
>>53938539
bullshit/10
most argies can't speak an acceptable English
>>
>>53940388
You underestimate how shitty the English in other countries is.

When I was on vacations in Athens I had to ask the African immigrants for directions because nobody else around spoke English... by the end of my trip it had turned into a habit
>>
WE ARE WORSE THAN JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, INDONESIA AND DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>53940388
That isn't a percentage of people that speak english map, is a map showing how good the people that do speak are.
>>
We did it again guys! we did it!

For another year, we have refused the advance of the evil-speak.
>>
>>53942432
This.
>>
>>53938966

When I was in Sao Paulo there were very few people who spoke English. I literally fucked 3 chicks without speaking anything that made sense to them. The best English was spoken by a very old white guy who owned a watch shop. I bought a vintage gold Cartier watch from him. The best English was spoken by a Brazilian girl with German parents. She actually had a German passport and came to visit me in Berlin while I was living there.
>>
>>53939170
a lot of people in northern mexico, especially young ones speak english nowadays, but in the rest of the country people can barely speak spanish properly, let alone a second language
>>
>>53939830
>>53939967
Potaotoe
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.