[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Native Americans in North America live in so bad conditi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: nunavut.jpg (95KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
nunavut.jpg
95KB, 620x349px
Why Native Americans in North America live in so bad conditions?

So if they were majority in North America, these countries would be third world?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/new-strategy-promotes-hunting-as-cure-to-nunavut-hunger-1.2632602
>>
Because they love substance abuse
>>
>>53930442
Alcohol
>>
File: reservation.jpg (413KB, 1857x733px) Image search: [Google]
reservation.jpg
413KB, 1857x733px
>>53930442
Alcohol, high incest rates, some of them don't even speak english or french. They also tend to use their race to defend everything at every council meeting.

>"White man bullied my people"
>"gib free money for compensation plz"

It's like trying to fight unemployment with welfare.
Pic related is my local reserve.
>>
>>53930442
Because they were mass-murdered, robbed then forced to live on tiny pieces of land. Indians were just destroyed.
>>
>>53931184
It's the same in the states man. I've lived in Arizona right next to a rez my whole life and those fuckers know what they're doing. Hell when I was a kid other native kids would steal shit from in town or just cause trouble (fights, vandalism, etc.) and would just run back to the rez if caught because our cops couldn't chase them there. Everything else is exactly like you said. Of course some of them like to act like that "noble savage" trope, but they always end up just another drunk and disorderly injin.
>>
>>53931418
They can live with us any time they wish.

They asked for tiny places of land and they live on those tiny places because over there they don't have to pay taxes.
>>
>>53931465
Can your cops arrest them? Our can't even place them under arrest. We need to call up one of their own cops to detain them.
>>
>>53930442
ok, ill tell ya
here's their lifestyle they have chosen
>get money
>buy drugs and booze
>get fucked up
>kill and/or beat the shit otu of fellow natives
>repeat

and here's what the gov't does about it
>tribe leader whines complains and screams racist at government
>gov't throws millionsof dollars at them
>tribe leader and higher ups buy new cars, houses, skidoos, etc
>oops out of money
>repeat

or the alternative
>government sees the clear mismanagement of money
>proposes helping the tribes in wealth distribution
>WAAH, MUH RESIDENTIAL SCHOOLS, WAAH, WHITEY OUT
>end up throwing money at them

they're a shitty people who don't even follow their cultural lifestyle anymore, which was the point of reserves in the first place

we need a trump for these faggots
>>
>>53931643
They can be arrested, charged, and jailed. I guess some could fight for "extradition" [spoiler](lel)[/spoiler] to their rez but most of the time they stay in county or some such. That's crazy though. I kinda figured Canada could have it a bit worse with their natives seeing as you guys aren't as harsh (can't think of a better word for it) as a culture but I didn't think it would be like that. What happens if their cops have their hands full? There can't be that many of them.
>>
>>53931876
If their hands are full we can keep them detained until they're ready to respond. We can't actually jail them though.

Thankfully their cops usually don't patrol so they're pretty much always available.
>>
>>53931843
What he said.
>>
>>53932054
That makes a kind of sense, but it just breeds even more division.
>>
>>53932054
They don't patrol because they're too busy watching re-runs of the Red/Green show thinking its real.
>>
>>53931843
My personal favorite is what they spend their money on.

>buy ATV's and Snowmobiles
>drive them around till out of gas
>just fucking leave them in the fields
>"refuel it? thats pretty hard cousin"
>go and buy a new one to repeat the process
>>
File: Capture.png (24KB, 618x626px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
24KB, 618x626px
>uk population
64 million
>nunavut population
At least they're not abos
>>
>>53930442
Because they're left to their own (loaned) devices.
>>
>>53932434
Nah man. It may not matter if you don't live next to them, but if you do, shit's ridiculous.
>>
>>53931843
I really love how full of shit all the tribal leaders are, especially the white "Chiefs" that cry about the struggles of being native. Those people are fucked and have a massive case of the gimme-dats.

>cry about native women being murdered
>native men are murdered 5X more and its never covered

>Native Chief Theresa Spence goes on hunger strike
>actually GAINS weight on a fucking hunger strike

>Caledonia Ontario starts developing housing
>nearby natives decide the land is theirs now and always has been
>evidence proves they sold that land away centuries ago
>claim they didn't get enough because the land is worth lots now
>still have their shanty towns set up in the housing dev

>one rez was given cash to build water infrastructure
>spent all the money on cars and other shit
>they promptly dump all their raw sewage into a nearby river
>said river is home to various species
>they blame whitey the moment they get caught

These people cannot govern themselves. They rape, kill, and steal from each other. They have high rates of incest and alcoholism.
>>
>>53932434
The people of Nunavut just keep to themselves, the only problem are the assholes that'v figured out how to cry on the CBC to get attention.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 1136x640px
>>53930442
Well to put it lightly, there are multiple reasons that contributed over time which lead to the poverty we have today i guess. It wasn't just a single source really

>native
ama

Wew lad
>>
>>53933646
see
>>53931843
would you agree for the most part?
>>
>>53930442

Her parents are probably drunk 24/7
>>
>>53930442
Booze.
>>
>>53933646
Have you had your first drink of the day yet Mr. Injun?
>>
>>53933775
Well for starters, growing up I came to realize that there's a class divide between the population. One third being the ones that you guys seem to only know about
>alcoholics
>abusive
>whiney
>muh land
And then there's the rest of them who don't really do much. They're quiet for the most part because they know they'll get shit for saying that they're native because of the degenerate native folk

As for chiefs buying random materialistic crap with taxpayers money, i can't really say too much because i don't really know to much about the other reserves out there. But if they do, the news would'nt go down too well with the people living in any reserve.

>>53934160
kek
But it doesn't really make too much sense to keep on saying natives drink all the time when it's a human activity really.
>>
>>53934798
Nah bro, natives proportionally have more issues with the booze than the former colonists. That's just facts. And this is exactly what I meant by they know exactly what they're doing. You come in and try to play the "noble savage" but in reality, it's just a bunch of excuses brought to the table.Do you get paid by the govt still?
>>
>>53930442
They are another model of negros
>>
>>53934798
Yeah I know about those too. I knew one who moved out of his reserve because he said the place was a shit hole. Started managing construction contracts and made a pretty good name for himself.

The thing is is that the aforementioned class are usually the ones that get all the exposure. I wish I could go on the news just for being drunk and whiney.
>>
>>53935045
do you have any idea where the alcohism image of us came from?

I'm not really trying to disprove any facts at all. I just want to show a little bit more truth about us. As i said before
>the rest of them who don't really do much. They're quiet for the most part because they know they'll get shit for saying that they're native
They don't speak up much at all because of people like you who are only educated about the stereotypical image of us.

>do you get paid by the govt still?
Personally I don't, nor does my parents or my grandparents

>>53935178
Yeah alot of people do wish they could leave and move out, it's just work is hard to find on a reserve when you only got a couple of stores. Most people find work on oil field-esque jobs since it's alberta
>>
>>53935955
>do you have any idea where the alcohism image of us came from?
It came from me living next to rez my whole life and other Canadians assuring me that their natives through anecdotes and statistics are pretty damn close, if not exactly like, ours.

>Personally I don't, nor does my parents or my grandparents
That's good. I'll take back my first drink comment then. As long as you're not taking handouts or living on the rez, you aren't really who I'm referring too. But exceptions are used to prove the rule bro. Sad but true.
>>
>>53936139
To be fair I have no idea what goes on down in the states with the native population there. I can't really relate to a Navajo or an apache person because I'm Cree. It's like if i compared a frenchman to a russian guy
>oh they're both white, must be the same people
Two different sides of a same continent
>>
>>53930442
Because most don't have a job or the will to finish schooling despite it being essentially free for them.

Amerindian reservations are some of the most depressing places, because you know that there's essentially nothing the government can really do to help them

Biologically, alcohol is more toxic to Indians and one of the most common causes of death on a reserve is liver failure. This is often inherited over generations, so the kids are almost assuredly going to be alcoholics, because there's almost nothing else to do on a bumfuck reservation.

So yeah, helping them is almost a futile effort.
>>
>>53937054
Like I said, it was from anecdotal and statistical shit from Candadians, by Canadians, for Canadians. Which, when matched with the American Natives, matches completely. I honestly expected the Canadian natives to be more civilized. I was pretty surprised.
>>
>>53934798
>chiefs buying random materialistic crap with taxpayers money
>dat one Chief that dropped all the cash on a hockey arena that was barely used.
>>
File: 1451617160949.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451617160949.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>53938749
I agree. It's the chiefs that need a kick in the ass.
>>
>>53937379
That's the thing man, the reason we can't help them is we've done everything possible to try. That's the saddest part of it all.
>>
>>53931184
>local reserve
Really that's it ?

I honestly thought these "reserves" where lands where they can live in autarcy, away from modern culture.
>>
>>53938934
Well, it pretty much is. They just like to bitch at the countries for more shit.
>>
>>53937379

you are a fucking moron.

>free school for all natives
citation?

>gov can't do anything for them.
besides move them out to worthless land, then find oil, coal, or mineral under that land and try to move them into shitty parts of the city. or just mine the land next to reservation fucking up their water supply.
BIA doctors steralized native women up until the 1980s.

>free education (again)
kek. the native boarding schools were awesome places. nothing like stealing a child from his family, forcing him not to speak his native language or practice any of his native religion/cutlure, then dumping them back on the rez so they can't communicate with their elders and are now culturally distanced from their families.

>biology dictates alcohol consumption
kek. yes, exactly. this is dead on professor.
>>
>>53938934
No, just places for native only people. You can get there by car, their streets are connected with ours. Anyone without aboriginal blood is unable to buy land in these reserved areas.
>>
Why do they love alcohol so much?
>>
>>53939191
1/64th cherokee princess detected
>>
>>53939718
Eases the connection with their spirit animal.

That or they just really like drinking.
>>
>>53931843
>inb4 The Weed Man takes white canadian's homes and gives them to the poor disadvantage injuns

you know he would
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.