[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Italians really think they are related/descendants of Rome?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (180KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 1024x640px
Do Italians really think they are related/descendants of Rome?
>>
NOI
>>
>>53859898
T.tony amariconi
>>
WE
>>
WUZ
>>
Do Anglos really believe that Italians are not related to Romans?
>>
>>53859951
AYYY TONAY WE WUZ ROMANS BUDDY

AAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY WAYTAH!! CAWN OI GET SUM GABAGOOOOOOOOOOL OVA ERE?
>>
"roman" was a very small population then and now

the italian people has not changed much since then

but genetically a true blue trojan original roman is closer to myth
>>
>>53859974
True desu
Romans did dosh out citizenship like Sweden
>>
>>53859884
Yeah, I wonder how can the same people who share the land, roots, history, culture with Romans and speak a roman language be related to Romans.
>>
>>53859884
They are, but they share that heritage with other people like the Spaniards.
>>
>>53860031
>a Roman language
>share the roots
>share the culture
bait desu baka senpai
>>
Romans originated in Latium, and spread outwards. So, you can be far away from Rome and be a descendant of Romans.
>>
>>53860113
according to aeneas they did not

there has to be some kind of meaning since they are the only people in that region after the iron age collapse to have the greek pantheon
>>
>>53860064
Your post is clearly bait. There is little genetic variance in Northern Italians from Ancient Romans. They are the closest culturally and linguistically to ancient Romans.
>>
>>53860064
You do know roman languages aren't the same as Latin?

Let me put it this way, noigel. If you really consider yourself """"germanic""" in origin, Italians have far more rights to call themselves descendants of Romans.

>>53860173
aeneid is an epic poem, not a history book, lad.
>>
WE WUZ EMPERORS N SHIET
>>
>>53860254
the romans were different to their immediate neighbor the etruscans and it is known that the etruscans were migrants who kept the latins' close relative the faliscan under domination

so what probably happened was the romans turned to adapt to the semi-greek culture myth to one up the etruscans
>>
>>53860173
According to whom? Aeneas is a fictional character. What the fuck burger.
>obligatory american education
>>
>>53860355
>>53860384
why can't you taste irony you beast
>>
>>53860254
>>53860239
Once Rome fell it was swamped with cunts from the Gaul though these cunts might have had Roman citizenship they were most definitely not roman
Try the Byzantine empire if you want descendants
>>
>>53860355
How is that related any way to what I said? Romans adopted Greek culture because their culture was considered to be only non-barbaric culture. Etruscians influenced Romans too, btw.
>>
>>53860476
F A M
Romans hated the Greek though they did see them as sophisticated (lots of Romans spoke Greek as to seem cultured and smart and sheet) they would never see them self as adopting Greek culture
Fuck senpai even the origin story of Rome has rivalry between Greeks and the Romans
>>
>>53860476
considering all of italic people as descent of roman is bretty wrong as the latins do not have many close kins unlike the germans

as opposed to other italic tribes like the ones in the social war

they never considered the other italic tribes as their own hence no representation in the senate
>>
>>53860402
irony what is that
>>
>>53860593
quote myth hero is cool but the intent is lost on you
>>
>>53860552
That's bullshit
>>
File: caesar.jpg (44KB, 337x455px) Image search: [Google]
caesar.jpg
44KB, 337x455px
È lui o non è lui?
>>
>>53860421

Hundreds of years of movement and breeding leave little resemblance to ancient ethnicities. The same is happening at an accelerated rate in our own lifetime. In another 500 years people will not be the same, let alone 1000s.
>>
>>53860687
>Cato_the_elder_looking_at_you_sternly.jpeg
>>
>>53860687
What part?
>>
>>53859884
Culturally and spiritually, yes we are. From a genetic point of view, modern Italians are pretty much the same as the different people who lived in ancient Italy 3000-4000 years ago, or a mixture of such people in some areas.
>>
>>53859884
No, obviously Romans disappeared from the face of the earth in 476.
>>
>>53860552
>imblying
Some Romans were notorious for patriotism combined with greek-hating. But not all. Hating someone doesn't mean you aren't influence by its culture. Literature works by romans were translations of greek works, for example. They were peasants and warriors, of course they turned to more civilized greek culture as a role model.
>>
>hurr romans were 2.90 aryan warriors who had only blond hair
>>
>>53860384
Aeneas is not a fictional character
He was from Troy
Thus a Turk
>>
>>53860992
all romans are italians but not all italians are romans

not the hardest math in the world
>>
>>53860570
This is just plain wrong, bud. Also you're incorporating your own modern views of ethnicity on Romans and they didn't have those.
>>
>>53860969
>more civilized greek culture
>city states that went to war with each other every month and killed off 50% of their populations every time
>roaming bands of faggot mercenaries (literally faggot)
>boy loving considered normal
>>
>>53861022
"ethnic" difference is irrelevant since all of italics can be one "ethnicity" except the greeks and later germs
>>
>>53861014
are you a burger
>>
>>53861031
They were more civilized according to Romans. Not my personal assesment.
>>
>>53861014
>Troy
Wilusa*
>>
>>53861014
:-DDDDDDDD
>>
>>53861014
Anatolians are not Turks.
>>
>>53861261
Keep being delusional
>>
Why do a*glos care so much about disproving our historical and logical links to Romans, like all we did was ranting on "how great we were" twothousands years ago, when the time most current Italians are most proud of and feel closer to is City-States Italy? Is it the shit your propaganda spreaded during and after war or when you switched to meme Christianity? How pathetic and insecure desu senpai
>>
>>53861581
romans are the example of domination of one people over all others, it is literally masturbation material

no Italian will ever understand this
>>
>>53861014
I want to be anatolian (true roman) masterrace. I will marry a turk gf, mark my words, Viva Turchia!!!!!
>>
>>53860723
IS NON EUM EST
>>
>>53861717
then i give my butifel daughter, puduhepa to you, Latin man
>>
WE WUZ CEZUH N SHEEEEIT
>>
File: american family.png (3MB, 1887x916px) Image search: [Google]
american family.png
3MB, 1887x916px
>>53861949
>>
>>53859884
They are, people don't just get surprise genocided out of history (unless you are the armenians)
you have been browsing too much 4chan
>>
>>53860899
the part of Romans fucking with Greeks in the origin of Rome
It is descendants Troians that get to Italy not Latins that founded Rome according to the story
>>
>>53859884
do modern brits think they are related/descendants of the british empire?
>>
Hi fuck british and so You are che really discendent of Rome the british are only gipsies
>>
File: moa.what2.jpg (33KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
moa.what2.jpg
33KB, 1024x576px
>>53862158

I see nothin wrong with that.
>>
They know only tuscan countries noble sheepmen
>>
E tu sei solo un 5 stars
>>
We are their descendants beyond any sort of doubt.
>>
>>53860239
>memeing this hard

why would northerners be closer to Roman than central Italians?
>>
File: 1453253472104.png (28KB, 392x526px) Image search: [Google]
1453253472104.png
28KB, 392x526px
>people telling me about my country
Im a pureblood Roman.
AMA.
>>
File: we wuz romans n shit.png (144KB, 232x345px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz romans n shit.png
144KB, 232x345px
the real question is do romanians really think they are latinos and not gypsy/slav mix
>>
Feels good being Greco-Roman
>>
>>53870634
'mbare/cumpà?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.