[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are the housing markets in Australia and New Zealand going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: australia-map-flag.png (65KB, 465x272px) Image search: [Google]
australia-map-flag.png
65KB, 465x272px
When are the housing markets in Australia and New Zealand going to collapse?

Any anons from there online right now?
>>
>>53853085
not many people would think to ask us but luckily for you every australian/NZer on here is an economist so we know for a fact it will collapse on the 9th of February THIS YEAR
get in quick mate
>>
>>53853130
OP you're lucky to get this australian anon online, AND in your thread, they're a rarity
>>
@53853130
@53853219
In all seriousness, there are well established housing bubbles in Australia and New Zealand.
>>
>>53853085
hi OP just stopped by to say that luckily you have received 2, i repeat 2, unique posters from Australia (colloquiluckily known as 'The Lucky Country') and New Zealand (or Eastern Australia, the Australian archipelago, or the 7th state) in your thread.
>>
Auckland is beyond fucked but the rest or the country is pretty decent
>>
>>53853085
>Any anons from there online right now?
the shitposting squads are on 24/7 shifts
>>
>>53853306
They are more of a territory 2bh
>>
>New Zealand is STILL a country
holy shit someone annex these faggots rn
>>
>>53853431
New Zealand is based
>>
>>53853085
Good evening my septic tank cobber,
It has come to my attention you wish to gain access to potential weaknesses and/or flaws in the nation of the Great Southern Land. I regret to inform you that we aren't meant to even communicate with 3rd world rubbish like yourself. Sorry, just following HDI protocol.
t. Bruce "Bazza" of Brisbane
>>
Just in the last 15 or so years, every year someone's running around on fire crying that its all going to pop and it'll be terrible.
It doesn't
At best they get a couple of months (6-12) lull in the prices where things are a bit slower in terms of auctions and the like, then things go apeshit once again for another year or so in terms of prices. Right now there's another lull in prices where things have cooled off a bit due to foreign investment getting their spare cash mauled and arse fucked by the stock markets.

The main areas where houses are expensive is Sydney- mostly the northern suburbs and central coast, Melbourne in the older gentry areas, SE Qld where all the boomers go to die somewhere warm and to some degree there's a couple of places in Perth which are always expensive. Secondaries like Newcastle, Wollongong, Canberra, Darwin, Hobard and Adelaide are still sort of affordable (but relatively high in price compared to anywhere else) and once you get out into the tertiary places and towns they're still comparatively affordable.

The crux is- you live somewhere incomes are higher (major cities and secondaries) then the demand and cost is escalated accordingly, but if you're ok on a smaller wage in a smaller place they tend to be roughly static in their prices.
>>
>>53853501

i thought bazza was for 'barry'? or is it just any name starting with 'b'?
>>
>>53853431
Hey don't talk shit about NZ. They are basically a better version of Australia
>>
>>53853085
>Auckland literally being bought out by the Chinese
I mean half of them don't even live here. All the money is just sent back to China with no return circulation. It's fucked.
>>
internet infrastructure and the ability to work from home will drive housing prices in the cities down for sure, that will probably be a long period thing though and the influx of chinese property investment might just prop it up until china collapses
of course, Sydney/Melbourne might just become big chinese ghost towns where nobody actually lives there but everyone in china owns a unit
>>
>>53853431

Americans are STILL rank with envy of our beautiful country and comfy lives
>>
>>53853336

al my family/friends are here and there are literally zero jobs for my field outside of auckland (just checked on seek.co.nz to confirm) but i will never be able to affrod a house
>>
>>53853759
Literally same thing is going on in Vancouver. Chinks are scum
>>
It's never going to burst, I've given myself over to the fact I'll never be able to afford a house.
>>
>>53853788

Yeah I've had the same problem. Finally sorted myself a noice flat (moving in on Friday) but its taken over a year of living in shitheaps and scratching by to get where I am now.

Swear to Christ if I have to deal with bed bugs again I'm gonna nuke Auckland
>>
There won't be a crisis on the level of American sub-prime retardation.

At the moment only Sydney and sort of Melbourne are in a bubble driven by foreign investment.

However, some laws have been tweaked and it's slowing down now with the number of owner-occupier properties rising.
>>
>>53853881
>It's never going to burst,
Nothing lasts forever :^)
>>
Reminder that Howard single handedly created the housing bubble with his cuts to the capital gains tax

>Thinking conservatards are good economic managers
>Ever
>>
>>53854220
except Howard was an economic liberal, not an economic consertative
>>
>>53854283

Right wing (conservative) means liberal economy and conservative social laws. Left wing means regulated and controlled economy, loose social laws.
>>
>>53854220
TONE > the guy who drowned to death >>> all the other people
>>
>>53854283
There's no such thing as an "economic conservative" and since feudalism is dead "economic liberal" is pretty pointless too. These are just yank memes.
>>
>>53854583
Pointless trying to argue about these different labels when the yanks have ruined them all.

Only idiots buy into a government as "Liberal" or "Conservative" without looking at individual policies.
>>
>>53854766

That is left and right by definition though. Its the same everywhere, that's just what the yanks have indeed labelled their parties which is irrelevant. What makes the difference the other way is authoritarian/libertarian
>>
File: Speechless.jpg (182KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
Speechless.jpg
182KB, 816x816px
>>53853336
>Auckland
>Cuckland

????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.