[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/ 00-icelanders-25-years-or-younger-b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6

File: islanti.jpg (73KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
islanti.jpg
73KB, 480x800px
http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/00-icelanders-25-years-or-younger-believe-god-created-world-new-poll-reveals

Discuss.
>>
>>53666390
Good for them I guess?
Pope already said you don't have to give a shit about spirituality and religion as long as you're a decent human bean.
>>
>>53666438
>christianity 2k15
>>
>>53666438
Didn't the popes brother cover up a huge paedophilia ring?

Sounds pretty Catholic to me.
>>
>>53666466
I like it.
>>
>>53666487
Im an atheist, but when the pope says that believing in god and the holy spirit isnt necessary you just know that something is wrong.
>>
Bravo, Iceland.
>>
>>53666531
Pandering to atheists to appeal to them.
>>
>>53666607
Bravo Estonia.
>>
Bravo Iceland. Meanwhile here in Burgerclap almost half think otherwise.

>>53666438
>>53666610

The pope seems like a nice guy, but he's totally saying stuff like this to pander to progressives. Too bad he's alienating his fanbase.
>>
Is this meant to be a bad thing?
>>
>>53667419
>>53666610
>>53666531
>>53666438
Hint:
>What the press reports
>what the pope actually said
Those are two very different things.
>>
>>53666390
Christianity is dead here
we have adopted the religion of consumerism
>>
>>53667496
Yes, western atheism can't fight islam
>>
>>53666531
>>53666610
>>53667419
>not being an out-of-touch elitist and actually trying to follow the philosophy of Jesus is perceived as a treason
I like our Pope. He's a refreshing change after Ratzinger
>>
>>53667596
>western atheism can't fight islam

Says who? Sam Harris and Maher and Hitch are all against Islam. Regressive Leftists =/= Atheists, although there are many who are both.
>>
>>53667624
I like him, but I know that his personal views are not espoused by the vast majority of Catholic leadership, which is a shame. He beats Ratz for sure though.
>>
>>53667596
Do you believe that we need to be reactionary bigots to defeat reactionary bigotry?

Fuck that. What's the point?
>>
>>53667501
So this again.
>>
>>53667828
The point is fight fire with fire.
>>
>>53668061
No, this would just lead to a vicious cycle of radicalisation of both parties

It's un-Christian
>>
Bravo, Iceland.
>>
Step in the right direction, most forms of modern religion unfortunately need to go because they just lead to heated discussions, religious wars etc.
>>
>>53668707
This desu

Religion creates unnecessary division between the people
>>
>>53667596
You're overestimating a couple of sand chimps, maybe in the Middle Ages you couldn't stand your ground without religion, now you just gun them down or nuke them to dust if that's what you have to do, you don't need some shitty book to teach you "values" and control your lives, you can realize the danger with mere observation.
>>
>>53666390
>europeans have no faith in christ
>wonder why mudslimes are overtaking their country
>>
>>53668827
NO CHRIIIIIST
JESUS IS A LIE
>>
>>53668761
>>53668707
not just religion, dogma in general. Too bad that won't happen any time soon since humans are tribal and social as fuck
>>
>>53668782
Same thing believed romans about some crazy pseudojewish cult.
>>
>>53667419
>Alienating his fanbase
>Fanbase
See this shit is what is wrong with you Catholics.
>>
>>53668855
Everyone needs to convert to apathetic agnostic immediately. What you do then is..

>Someone wants to start a religious discussion with you
Proceed to tell them that the discussion is pointless as neither side can prove they are right.

And all will be right in the world.
>>
>>53668827
>Christcuck

You're literally a bastard kike. You're every bit as cancerous as the mudslimes.
>>
>>53668827
50 years ago marrying a muslim in Spain was inconceivable. Atheism just brought degeneracy and a dismiss for the traditional values, something muslims will use to destroy Europe.
>>
>>53668907
>Europe converts to apathetic agnostics
>basically turns into portland lite
>MENA overruns and institutes rape caves and public stonings

Are you guys doing this backwards?
>>
>>53668827
>Iceland
>being taken over by Muslims
>>
>>53668985
You don't like rape caves and public stonings? Fucking fag.
>>
I believe in Christ and wish there was a society of young people with Christian values where I could fit in.
>>
>>53669084
>Christian values
What the hell are Christian values anyway?
>>
>>53668973
>Traditional values
Gee, this shit really grinds my gears. This isn't an argument, traditional value doesn't mean anything, It could be a bad tradition or a good tradition. It literally doesn't say anything about the subject, except "This is how something was once done".
>>
>>53669096
Seeing muslims as our enemies and not importing millions of them to satisfy the cuck needs of the german men for example.
>>
>>53669125
You make a very good point. Too bad people are extremely stubborn and will pass on those traditions no matter what.
>>
>>53669096
>love thy neighbour
>help the sick
You don't need Christianity for that, but people should be free to believe in whatever they want
>>
>>53669096
Christian and european/western are all interchangeable.
>>
>>53669154
>Seeing muslims as our enemies
Could you tell me where in the Bible was that?
>>
>>53668707
What's the problem with heated discussions? You're making sweeping generalisation anyway as there hasn't been a religious fueled war, in Europe, in centuries.

Let people believe what they want to.
>>
>>53669184
Yes, but the problem is nobody can keep their fucking beliefs to themselves and have to go out and make other people feel inferior, trying to convert those who don't care about the subject etc.
>>
>>53668907
I disagree slightly. I am an agnostic atheist- I entertain the notion of a Creator, but find it unlikely. I am absolutely opposed to the idea of an all-knowing, all-powerful, omnipresent interventionary God (as is Yahweh/Allah).

>>53668985
>irreligion = toleration of unethical behavior by minorities

When will this meme die? The only people who do this are SJWs and regressive leftists
>>
File: 1447461681271.jpg (148KB, 618x772px) Image search: [Google]
1447461681271.jpg
148KB, 618x772px
>>53669096
>>
>>53669279
Entertaining the notion is fine as long as you keep that to yourself. You can't prove whether a deity exists or not, so it's pointless to even bring it up. All you're doing is fueling the fire.
>>
>>53669279
>The only people who do this are SJWs and regressive leftists

Who makes up the majority of athiests/agnostics?
>>
>>53669238
I've seen you do exactly this all thread though mate.

Practice what you preach.
>>
>>53669291
too bad, he lost again 20 years old child.
>>
>>53669351
You what m8? I'm not the only Dutchfag in here.
>>
>>53666390
I'm a atheist because well, it obvious, however, I like the catholic religion (Christianity in general), and I definitly giving them support when I can.

Why I do this? Europe has been catholic for years, It's our history, and our culture. If you travel to a country of the same religion, you realise that it's very close to yours, and you don't feel stranger there.

And it's a good way to tell the muslims: "Hey, we are christians here, you are invited in our home and thats it, but we have our religion and we don't want you(rs)"
>>
>>53669357
Yea too bad he lost against hordes and hordes of animals.

>well we had many more bodies so our commander was a better tactician
>turkroaches
>>
>>53669366
So two Dutchfags write the exact same way in the same thread. Nice.
>>
>>53669451
What can we say, we're usually atheist or agnostic in some way.

I myself avoid the subject altogether in real life, it's best that way.
>>
Seems unlikely. Probably just surveyed people in university in the capital.
>>
>>53669312
I get that, but at this moment there are millions, if not billions of people who seriously think that their God is absolutely real, and do whatever they can to proselytize and expand their particular world view, and enacting laws that enforce those views. The only way to combat these people is to promote a love of learning and a rejection of dogma.
>>
>>53669125
The logic is that there usually is a good reason why certain values have been around for long enough. Notice that something being considered traditional can't be considered the good reason itself.

So essentially you're not mad at traditional values, you're mad that there are some people who incorrectly consider the traditional part of the traditional value as the main rationale.

Good example is not letting women fuck around as much as they wanted is and was a traditional value because before modern contraception and the shift from an inheritance system preferring men over women a single daughter could fuck the entire family over just because she went and fucked the wrong guy or got raped. Someone might argue these days it's STDs that make slutting around something to be judged.
>>
>everyone assuming atheism
you can be christian and not be a retarded creationist
>>
>>53669489
I'm barely even Christian 2bh, I'm Deist but I've decided to start attending RC Church.

But ye, same, I only talk about religion when I have banter with a satanist guy at my college.
>>
99% of Icelanders believe in elfs and trolls

this is not a meme

A FUCKING ELF
>>
>>53669589
Yeah, it's called Catholicism, you know, they guys that say that the Genesis is a myth.
>>
>>53669557
>Someone might argue these days it's STDs that make slutting around something to be judged.

Also roasties and single moms with black kids.

>>53669589
>god just created the universe and let shit happen over billions of years and occasionally fucks with planets that develop life.

This seems more reasonable.
>>
File: currie haram.png (287KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
currie haram.png
287KB, 500x489px
Iceland will be the last safe haven and the place where the European civilization will rise again in the next millenium
>>
>>53669279
What would be the term for the following:
I believe, based on my admittedly casual knowledge of astronomy, biology, and physics, that the existence of a creator deity better explains the origin of life than secular reasonings. I also believe, based on the state of the world today and throughout history, that any such deity must be either incapable or unwilling to intervene in human affairs, or possesses a mindset alien to the human and therefore does not intervene to our benefit, and therefore regardless of the specifics is not worthy of worship.
>>
>>53669557
Do not judge lest be judged, as Jesus himself said.
And why certain traditions have been around for long time are numerous. Fear has been used to propagate traditions for long time. Also many traditions have been kept for the sake of tradition, nobody knows why, but questioning has been seen blasphemous.
>>
>>53669658
>he does not want to believe in elves
>>
>>53669644
>>53669489

You guys are lucky to live in a society where religion is something very personal. This is not the case in much of the rest of the world.
>>
>>53669695
Their women love the bbc.

>A Nigerian man has been arrested for deliberately infecting women with the HIV virus in Iceland.
>>
>>53669008
Fjandin eigur Ísland
>>
>>53669644
I do think that Christianity has a healthy humanist core, but there's also a lot of nativist rubbish that was added later on
>>
I'm going to be a hardcore Christian fundamentalist and have 10 children with my pure African evangelical wife
>>
>>53669716
That's Deism, bruv. I hope you subscribe to secular humanism for your ethics.
>>
Actually the question is why is the number so high in Europe?

As far as I know, all the "christians" I know don't actually believe in all that bullshit, they're just spiritualistic plus cultural christians. Christianity in the West is merely residual, it stays as a cultural matter, not a religious one.
>>
Wish I could believe in God, it must be so comforting.
>>
File: 1446658039159.jpg (75KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446658039159.jpg
75KB, 500x375px
>>
>>53669716
The point is secular reasoning don't know how life began, but it tries to search for the answer. If you assume an answer before asking the question, how can you ever find the truth?
>>
>>53670008
Blame your parents, who didn't force this bullshit in your head.
>>
>>53669816
og Danir hirði Færeyjar
>>
>>53669681
Honestly, in my opinion the view that God created the universe as physics describes and simply did so such that every interaction necessary to result in human life followed, like an unimaginably complex line of dominoes, speaks much more to the power of God as an omnipotent deity than the literal view that claims he just created everything as it is directly.

I mean, the sheer foresight and precise control involved in shaping the Big Bang such that you've set up specific interactions billions of years down the line seems, to me, far more impressive than creating the Big Bang in the first place. Anybody can fiddle with a system constantly to keep it on track, but only a master can keep it on track without needing to touch anything.
>>
they "believe".

lel stupid atheists.
>>
>>53670112
There would also be the theory that it did not intend to create life

The universe is a specimen in a petri dish and we are just the byproduct of some amateurs experimentation.
>>
>>53670042
>>53670176

Shouldn't you be at Asr, Hakim?
>>
>>53670176
0% means that NO ONE BELIEVES, lel bur kek rekt

lack of belief is not a belief
>>
>>53670043
I'm not saying we shouldn't search for an answer; that's why I prefaced with "based on my admittedly casual knowledge". If future discoveries better explain the origin of life, I'll happily adjust my beliefs to include that knowledge. Even if I'm content with an answer, I'd feel still more secure in it after it's been challenged and proven. And if it's proven otherwise, I'll be grateful to know I was wrong, so I can stop being so.
>>
>>53670355
that's still blind faith

whenever someone asks me if i believe in god i say that I don't know
>>
>>53670467
No, it's rejecting an assertion. Learn the difference.
>>
>>53670467
You either believe or you don't. There is no "I don't know" when it comes to belief. You can answer "Do you think God exists?" with "I don't know", but not "Do you believe in God?".
>>
>>53670714
>"Is there a ball behind that closed door that you can't open?"
>>
>>53670965
>"Is there an all-powerful, all-knowing Ball of Truth and Salvation™ who controls our destiny behind that closed door that you can't open?"
>>
>>53670965
"Does God exist?" is a completely different question from "Do you believe in God?".

This shouldn't be so hard to understand.
>>
>>53670965
Belief is a decision. You either believe or you don't; saying "I don't know" would imply you're ignorant of your own mind.
Aswering "I'm not sure" is valid, though.
>>
>>53666390

Good for them.

It's time to get rid of silly terms like atheism, they have negative connotation to them that implies theism is the norm.

The only acceptable 'spirituality' in 2016 should be a vague philosophical recognition of the possibility that the world was created by a force or entity, more than that is simply stupid.
>>
>>53670965
Actually it would turn into form of:
"Do you believe there is a ball behind that closed door?"
>>
File: 1385589393271.jpg (48KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1385589393271.jpg
48KB, 469x463px
>>53671345
>People shouldn't believe X because I believe Y makes you intellectually superior

Let people believe whatever as long as they keep it personal/don't flaunt it out in public. This doesn't go just for religion but other stuff too, I'm generally fine with gay people, but ""pride rallies"" are disgusting displays.
>>
>>53671829

Who said they can't?

I would find it unacceptable to be friends or relationship with someone who is religious, doesn't mean I would deny them the right to believe whatever crazy religion they follow.
>>
>>53666471
No
>>
>>53666390
oy vey
>>
>>53670099
rekt
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.